手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季(MP3+中英字幕) 第16集 餐厅爆炸案的嫌疑人

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Previously on Elementary...

《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
Joan Watson, meet Gareth Lestrade.
乔恩·华生,来见见加莱斯·雷斯垂德
My relationship with Lestrade
我和雷斯垂德的关系
started as a marriage of convenience.
一开始只是互相利用
Because I prefer to work in anonymity,
因为我喜欢匿名工作
the glory of my casework was accrued to him.
我破案的功劳都归到了他身上
Over the years, he became accustomed to the spotlight.
日积月累,他已经习惯了受人瞩目
He began to crave it.
他开始渴求名声
You might say, I turned him into an addict.
你也许会说是我让他上瘾了
I'll thank you not to take credit
感谢你没有在这件案子里
for any of my insights into the case.
用我的见解邀功
I always knew that Lawrence Pendry
一直以来我都知道劳伦斯·彭德里
was, in fact, guilty and had actually murdered his wife.
是有罪的,而且谋杀了他的妻子
He called your bluff.
你被他骗了
Sorry. I think I have a call.
不好意思,我好像有电话
Oh, wait. It's not me. Is it you?
慢着,不是我的,是你的电话响吗
Hey, I'm back.
我回来了
I was out on a small case last night.
昨晚我出去办了个小案子
Yeah, I was just at the bodega.
我知道,我刚去过酒吧
Ignacio said you helped him...
伊纳西奥说你帮他
find out where his son was getting so much cash.
查出了他儿子手头大笔现金的来源
Cockfighting.
是来自于斗鸡
I had to break up the ring, naturally.
我当然必须出手制止
Barbaric practice.
真是野蛮的行径
So you decided to bring one of the chickens home?
所以你决定带一只鸡回家吗
Well, there are two combatants in a cockfight.
其实,一场斗鸡赛需要两只鸡
I could have called Animal Control.
我可以让动物管理局来处理
But it occurred to me,
但我突然想到
we have an opportunity.
这是一个机会
There's some debate as to whether these creatures,
一直以来都有争议
once perverted by their keepers, can be weaned
这些曾被主人训练到变态的生物
from their aggressive tendencies.
能否改变好斗的习性
The process, as it stands now, is tedious,
就目前而言,其过程冗长乏味
highly imperfect-I believe it can be improved upon.
糟糕透顶,我相信有很大的改善空间
I believe that, by this time, several days hence,
我相信,几天后的此时
Romulus and Remus will be living side by side,
罗穆卢斯和雷穆斯将会其乐融融
two cocks in harmony.
两"鸡"和睦共处
All right. Good luck.
好吧,祝你好运
I'm not feeding them.
别指望我会喂它们
You seem upset. Do you have an aversion to cocks?
你好像不太高兴,你讨厌"鸡"吗
Not as a species. I have an aversion
我不讨厌这个物种,我只是
to these particular...
讨厌特定的这两只...
You know what?
知道吗
I'm not 12. I'm not calling them that.
我不是十二岁小孩,我不会那么叫它们
Feed your roosters.
继续喂你的公鸡吧
It's Captain Gregson.
是格雷森警监发的
Wants to meet us immediately.
他想立刻见我们
So, reps from the Treasury Department
财政部和劳工部的代表
and the Labor Department were in town from DC.
特地从华盛顿来这
They were trying to sell the big banks
他们准备说服大型银行
on the president's latest budget,
接受总统的最新预算方案
and someone detonated a bomb.
但却有人引爆了炸弹
Six people are dead.
导致六人死亡
What kind of explosive?
什么样的炸弹
Bomb squad isn't sure.
防爆组还不确定
It's definitely homemade, but intricate.
显然是私造的,但制作水平很高
So, the people from the government were meeting
政府公务员是在这里
with the bankers here?
和银行家会面吗
Bomb was under the table...
炸弹安置在桌子下面
They were targeted?
是有意针对他们的
We think so, yeah.
我们是这么认为的
One more thing.
还有一件事
Two of the vice presidents of the bank
维布鲁克巴斯尔银行的
that were killed were from Whitbrook-Balsille.
两位副总裁被杀
Richard Balsille, the CEO?
理查德·巴斯尔,银行总裁
Apparently, he's got a security czar on his payroll,
显然,他聘请了一位安保之神
someone who conducts threat assessments for the company.
专门负责处理公司的安全威胁
Security Czar? Really? Yeah.
安保之神,真的假的,对
Balsille's got pull with the mayor,
巴斯尔背后有市长撑腰
so, we're supposed to give his guy
所以我们得让他雇的人
access to the investigation.
来参与调查
Well, sorry... I refuse, on principle, to work with anyone
抱歉,我原则上拒绝与任何
who would willingly refer to themselves as a "Czar."
把自己称为"神"的人共事
Actually, you already know him.
其实你认识他
The two of you worked together at Scotland Yard.
你们在苏格兰场共事过
Sherlock Holmes.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯
As I live and breathe.
这真是太好了
Lestrade.
雷斯垂德
Well, I haven't seen you
从你公开夺走
since you were publicly
我的工作成果后
claiming credit for my work.
我就没见过你了
That's one way of looking at it.
那只是你的看法
Yes, one accurate way.
是正确的看法
Well, who's to say what's accurate and what's not?
那由谁来评判正确还是错误呢
Me.
Watson, if you like.
或者华生,如果你愿意的话
I always find truth
我总能在半途中
somewhere in the middle.
就发现真相
Hello, Miss Watson.
你好,华生小姐
Happy to see you again.
很高兴再见到你
Joan. Please.
叫我乔恩就行
Uh, but you look good.
你看起来很不错
Yes, well, I... I am good.
对,我确实很好
Gutted about all of this, of course,
不太喜欢这场面
but other than that, I'm excellent, and delighted
但除此之外,我很好,而且非常高兴
to see the pair of you.
见到你俩
So how about it, Holmes?
怎么样,福尔摩斯
You ready to match wits?
准备好较量一下了吗
You probably thought I was on the skids.
你可能认为我输定了
Why would you say that?
为什么这么说
Fresh coconut water,
新鲜椰子汁
Mr. Lestrade. Ah, thanks. Lovely.
雷斯垂德先生,谢了,亲爱的
Healthy stuff.
健康饮品
Good for the rehydration.
为身体补充水分
That's my assistant, you see-Miss Truepenny.
那是我的助手,楚佩妮小姐
Yeah, she wants to be a consulting detective, too.
她也想成为顾问侦探
She wrote to me every day,
她每天都给我写信
begging for an interview.
求我面试她
I cracked.
我心软了
Now, as I recall, you weren't too keen
我记得,你不太看好
about me striking out on my own, were you?
我出去另起炉灶
What, you thought
怎么,你认为
I couldn't hack it without you, did you?
没有你我就成不了事业吗
That's not precisely how I put it.
我原话不是这么说的
Yeah, well, anyway,
反正吧
Fleet Street took rather a shine to me
劳伦斯·彭德里那事以后
after that whole Lawrence Pendry thing.
伦敦报界都还挺喜欢我的
Yeah. I got awful lots of work, got chat show interviews.
我工作很多,又要上访谈节目
You know, they even asked me to do one of those DOUG Chats
他们甚至请我上道格访谈
about the science of deduction.
说说演绎法
DOUG Chat?
道格访谈
Wait. You never heard of a DOUG Chat? No.
你从没听说过道格访谈吗,没有
Well, they're like these conferences about the spread of ideas.
就是那种传播思想的会议
Anyway, Richard Balsille--
总之,理查德·巴斯尔
uh, he of Whitbrook-Balsille--
维布鲁克巴斯尔银行的那个
saw mine, got in contact, said he was in
注意到了我,并与我取得了联系
the business of talent acquisition,
他说他在搞人才招聘
and he dragged me on board.
然后拉我入伙了
Must be satisfying work.
这工作你肯定很满意
That's my friend from St. Bede's.
是我在圣比德医院的朋友
Two of the survivors
两名幸存者
have been assessed with superficial injuries.
都被诊断为外伤
They're ready to talk.
可以去找他们谈话了
I'm just going to ring Mr. Balsille
我要给巴斯尔先生打个电话
and get him to send a helicopter.
让他派架直升机来
It's eight blocks away.
就离这儿八个街区
Well... Uh, yes. Hello? Hello! Yes...
是的,喂,喂,对
You never heard of DOUG Chats?
你从没听说过道格访谈吗
Of course I've heard of them.
我当然听说过
I just refuse to shovel coal
我只是不想
onto the bonfire of that man's ego.
给那人自负的火焰再加把柴
Ms. Forrester, you work for the Department of Labor, right?
福雷斯特女士,你为劳工部工作,对吧
I'm sorry. My ears are still ringing.
不好意思,我还在耳鸣
That's all right. We appreciate you talking with us.
没关系,很感谢你愿意跟我们谈谈
You work with the Department of Labor?
你为劳工部工作吗
I'm an executive
我是
undersecretary at the Office of Congressional Affairs.
国会事务办公室的执行助理秘书
And you were at the end of the table when the bomb went off?
炸弹爆炸时你坐在桌子的另一头
That's where executive undersecretaries go.
执行助理秘书就是坐在那儿的
Did you notice anything suspicious?
你注意到什么可疑的事了吗
No, it was just lunch.
没有,只是午餐而已
Same as we do every quarter.
每个季度都是这样
Sorry.
不好意思
You said, "That's where executive undersecretaries go."
你刚说,"执行助理秘书就是坐在那儿的"
Was there a prearranged seating assignment?
座位都是事先安排好的吗
Would you mind writing that out for us?
能帮我们把安排写下来吗
Seating arrangements?
座位安排
No offense, mate, but I think we might be able
无意冒犯,伙计,但我觉得我们也许
to aim a little higher than that, don't you? Right?
可以把目标定高一点,是吧
Uh, Miss... Miss Forrester...
福雷斯特小姐
now, you say didn't see anything unusual,
你说没觉得有何不妥
but, in my experience,
但以我的经验
memory can prove to be a bit of a tricky mistress.
记忆其实有些难以捉摸
Sometimes when I'm interviewing potential witnesses,
有时在我向潜在目击者问话时
I ask them to do what I like to call a deep dive.
我会让他们去做我所谓的"深潜"
That's a way of just shaking loose stuff
这样可以摆脱记忆中
that might be lurking deep down there.
一些不准确的想法
Would you be willing to perform a dive with me?
你愿意跟我一起深潜吗
Um... sure.
Fabulous.
太好了
Um, just give me your hand.
把手给我
Now, I want you to close your eyes...
现在闭上眼睛
Watson and I will be off
我和华生
interviewing the restaurant manager.
去找餐厅经理问话
Miss Forrester, if you could write out that chart for us
福雷斯特小姐,等你浮上水面时
when you emerge from the depths.
请帮我们把座位图写一下
Close your eyes.
闭上眼睛
Take a deep breath. Don't be s...
深呼吸,别这么...
I don't think anyone broke into the place to plant the bomb.
我不认为是有人闯进餐厅装了炸弹
If they did, we didn't notice.
就算有,我也没注意到
Everything seemed normal this morning?
今早一切正常吗
Sure.
是的
John had to go home sick,
约翰请了病假
but after that, everything was business as usual. John?
但那之后,一切如常,约翰
Yeah, John Bowden. He's one of our servers.
是的,约翰·鲍登,他是我们的服务生
He came in for about 20 minutes, then said his stomach was upset.
他来了大概二十分钟,然后说肚子不舒服
Is he a contented employee?
他对工作满意吗
He's an okay worker, but he's a pain in the ass.
他做事还行,但是人很麻烦
He tried to unionize the dishwashing staff a while back.
他之前想成立洗碗工工会
He's always talking about how he can't stand the clientele.
他一直在说受不了客人
Now, I know that sounds kind of ominous,
我知道那听起来有点不吉利
but he's annoying.
但他真的很烦人
He's not a terrorist.
他不是恐怖分子
Call us if he gets there, okay?
如果他回去就打给我们,好吗
Bowden never showed up to his apartment.
鲍登没有回公寓
His roommates have no idea where he is.
他的室友们也不知道他在哪儿
Right. Now, follow me.
好的,跟我来
Sherlock?
夏洛克
One seating plan-- check.
座位安排,搞定
How do you do?
你进展如何
A waiter with radical leanings
一位带有激进倾向的侍应生
who showed up for work this morning,
今早来上班
and left ten minutes later.
待了十分钟就离开了
His name's John Bowden.
他的名字是约翰·鲍登
Captain.
警监
Every publication in the city with a circulation
城里每一家发行量超过五万份的报社
over 50,000 just got a statement
都刚收到一份宣称对发生在
taking credit for the bomb at the restaurant.
饭店的爆炸案负责的声明
I'm gonna test your knowledge.
我要考考你的学识了
I'm gonna read you the first couple lines.
我给你读读声明的头几行
"Soon, you'll be ashes
"很快,你就会化成尘埃
"or bones, a mere name at most,
"或者骨骸,最多也只是一个卑名
"and even that is just a sound, an echo.
"即使这些也不过是响声,一段回声
The things we want in life are empty,
我们在世时的一切欲望都是虚无
stale, trivial."
腐木,微不足道的
It's from a book called Meditations.
出自于一本叫做《冥想》的书
Yes. We know. It's not signed,
对,我们知道,声明没有签名
but it sounds a hell of a lot like the notes that came in
但它听起来很像被媒体们称作奥里利乌斯的
every time the guy the press calls Aurelius sets off a bomb.
家伙每次引爆炸弹时的留言
You know him, right?
你知道他,对吧
Three bombs in ten years,
十年制造了三起爆炸案
kissing cousin to the Unabomber.
和大学炸弹客是同类
Yes, of course. Aurelius espouses a perversion
当然,奥里利乌斯利用对斯多葛哲学的
of Stoic philosophy as justification for his crimes.
曲解来为他的罪行开脱
I'm sending you the full text in an e-mail right now.
我现在把声明的全文邮件给你
Someone just claimed credit for the bomb.
有人刚刚声称对爆炸案负责
Right. Aurelius.
当然了,是奥里利乌斯
So, we're off to big game now, are we?
所以我们有大案子办了,是吧
There is a great white loose in these waters.
这案子一定有大鱼(原意是水里有大白鲨)
Which is it? Beg your pardon?
是说哪个,你说什么
Are we hunting game, or are we fishing for sharks?
我们是去打猎呢,还是去捕鲨鱼呢
'Cause you can't have it both ways, metaphorically speaking.
因为鱼和熊掌不可兼得,打比方说
Like any art form,
像其它艺术形式一样
the science of deduction and analysis
推理和分析的科学
requires years of arduous study.
需要成年累月的艰苦学习
You see, one lifetime is not enough to master it.
所以一辈子的时间是掌握不了的
No, no, try several. So where does one start?
几辈子还差不多,所以应该从哪儿入手呢
Well, if you want my advice, you start straightaway...
如果让我来说,我建议你直接了当
Take-out's downstairs.
外卖在楼下
...with a simple problem.
从简单问题入手
But you might be too, uh, busy working to eat.
但你可能忙得顾不上吃了
It's revolting, isn't it?
令人作呕,不是吗
My name is Gareth Lestrade, and I headed up...
我的名字是加莱斯·雷斯垂德,我去了
A room full of people so accustomed
一屋子习惯于他们自己
to their own flatulence,
浮夸和自负的人
they don't notice the stench anymore.
他们再也注意不到恶臭了
Lestrade treated you like crap, he took credit for your work.
雷斯垂德对你那么糟糕,抢走你的功劳
He uses your words in his interviews.
在访谈里用你说过的话
If it bothers you, you should say something to him.
如果这使你困扰,你应该跟他讲
To what end?
讲了又怎样
The man has chosen vanity and the pursuit of the spotlight.
他已经选择了虚荣和名利
Nothing I say is going to change that.
这是我改变不了的事实
It's not about changing him.
不是为了改变他
It's about putting it out there,
是为了不再让这事干扰
so you can focus on finding Aurelius,
以便你可以专心寻找奥里利乌斯
instead of watching Lestrade yammer.
而不是看着雷斯垂德废话
When we first ran into him, you said
当我们第一次遇见他时,你说过
that you expected him to crash and burn without you.
希望他能自生自灭
Did you?
是你说的吗
I didn't give it much thought.
我没想太多
Yes, of course I did.
对,当然是我讲的
So, are you mad that he's still stealing your act,
所以你是生气他学了你的把戏
or annoyed that he managed to pull it off?
还是因为他真的成功了
What I do is not an act.
我所做的并不是把戏
And I'm not pursuing Aurelius
我也没在找寻奥里利乌斯
because I no longer believe
因为我不再认为
that finding that man is going
找到这个人可以帮助我们
to help us solve this particular bombing.
解决这起爆炸案
What, you think the note is a fake?
什么,你觉得那个留言是假的
I can't be certain.
我不能确定
The notes that accompanied Aurelius's original crimes
在奥里利乌斯的以前案子里出现的留言
were deranged, but they were consistent
是混乱的,但它们在斯多葛派哲学的
in their interpretation of Stoicism.
解释里是连续的
This latest one reads like the author
最新的这个读起来像
spent all of five minutes researching the philosophy.
作者只花了五分钟的时间来研究哲学
Also, the actual Aurelius never quoted directly
而且,真正的奥里利乌斯总不直接引用
from the Meditations.
《冥想》里的话
That waiter's not much of a suspect either.
那个服务生也不是嫌疑人
I read his blog. He's just... dabbling in radical thought.
我读过他的博客,只是些肤浅的激进思想
Probably be working at Whitbrook-Balsille in ten years.
说不定十年后就去维布鲁克巴斯尔工作了
No... I'm fairly certain someone is trying to send us
不是他,我很肯定有人想让我们
on a wild goose chase.
白费力气
The actual bomber lies elsewhere.
真正的爆炸者潜伏在别处
Maybe he's in the audience at the DOUG Chat.
也许他在道格访谈的观众中
I guess I should be happy
我猜我该庆幸
they're not crowing.
它们没有打鸣
Morning, Watson.
早上好,华生
Please ignore Romulus and Remus.
请无视罗穆卢斯和雷穆斯
I'm reconditioning them by punishing aggressive behavior.
我在惩罚它们的激进行为
They shall be fed as soon as they calm down.
只要它们冷静下来就给它们喂食
If the Aurelius note is a fake,
如果奥里利乌斯的留言是假的
we can assume that
我们可以认为
the bombing was not carried out for ideological reasons.
那次爆炸不是出于意识形态的原因
If you're moved by passion,
如果是由于某种激烈情绪
why give credit elsewhere, hmm?
为什么要把功劳给别人呢
I've used the seating chart that Michelle Forrester gave us
我根据米歇尔·福雷斯特给我们的座次表
to recreate the lunch.
重现了当时午餐的情形
I've examined the blast radius of the device,
我研究了那个装置的爆炸半径
the wounds of the victims...
以及死者的伤口
It would appear the bomb was not placed in the center of the table
似乎炸弹并不是放在桌子的中央位置
but rather towards this end.
而是在桌子的一头
Seated there were Lawrence Iver and Christine Danoff,
坐在那的是劳伦斯·伊凡和克里斯汀·丹诺夫
both executive vice presidents at Whitbrook-Balsille, and...
都是维布鲁克巴斯尔的执行副总裁,还有
Vaughn Antonelli,
沃恩·安东内利
another representative from the Department of Labor.
另一位劳工部的代表
Their wounds were by far the most gruesome,
他们的伤口是最严重的
which stands to reason-- they were seated directly
这也很合理,因为他们坐在
in the pathway of the payload of shrapnel.
弹片的有效散射范围内
So you think whoever set off the bomb was
所以你觉得引爆炸弹的人
targeting one or more of those three?
是想袭击他们三个中的某个或某几个人
Vaughn Antonelli is a career bureaucrat.
沃恩·安东内利是个很官僚的人
He is a representative of the federal government
他是联邦政府的代表
but wields little actual power.
但是只有一点小权力
Christine Danoff was Lawrence Iver's
克里斯汀·丹诺夫是劳伦斯·伊凡
underling at Whitbrook-Balsille.
在维布鲁克巴斯尔的下属
Mr. Iver presents a more interesting case study.
伊凡先生的故事比较有趣
He was known as a "comer" in banking circles.
在银行圈里,他被认为前途无量
And it was widely considered that he would one day hold a CEO title of his own.
大家都认为他有一天会当上首席执行官的
Hey, who's Jacques St. Teton?
雅克·圣·提顿是谁
I don't know.
不知道
The Griffin Hotel is attached to the restaurant,
格里芬酒店跟那家餐厅是相连的
and they provided a list of their registered guests
所以他们提供了爆炸前一晚
the night before the attack,
入住顾客的名单
so we could determine whether the bomber
这样我们就能判断袭击者
was using the hotel as part of his plan.
是不是利用酒店做掩护
Jacques St. Teton is the only name which really stands out.
雅克·圣·提顿是唯一一个值得注意的人
Obvious fake.
很明显是个假名字
There's no St. Teton, for one thing.
根本就没有圣·提顿这个姓
Sherlock Holmes.
我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯
I have Gareth Lestrade for you.
加莱斯·雷斯垂德找你
Yes, if you could...
好的,如果你能
Holmes. Hi. Yeah.
福尔摩斯,你好,是我
I'm trying to get a line on that John Bowden, the waiter.
我想知道那个服务生约翰·鲍登的情况
I don't know. Got a hunch. But I figure in some way he's connected to Aurelius.
直觉告诉我,他跟奥里利乌斯有某种联系
We no longer think that Aurelius had anything to do
我们觉得奥里利乌斯跟这次袭击
with the attack. I'm currently focusing my efforts
没关系了,我现在集中精力调查
on the possibility that Lawrence Iver was the target.
劳伦斯·伊凡是不是袭击目标
What? Uh, Iver?
什么,伊凡
Whitbrook-Balsille Iver?
维布鲁克巴斯尔的那个伊凡
Yes. We're on our way over there shortly
是的,我们马上就要去那
to seek an audience with the CEO.
跟他们的总裁见个面
No, Holmes, you can't just march straight
不,福尔摩斯,你不能就这么大摇大摆地
into Dick Balsille's office.
走进迪克·巴斯尔的办公室
I'm sure we'll find a way. Holmes...
我们肯定会有办法的,福尔摩斯
Lovely seeing you again.
很高兴再次见到你
And good luck finding your waiter.
祝你能找到那个服务生
So, our first stop is Lestrade's boss?
我们的第一站就是去找雷斯垂德的老板
Who better to school us on the comings and goings at Whitbrook-Balsille?
谁会比他更了解维布鲁克巴斯尔的事呢
Are you sure there's no part of you that's doing this
你确定你这么做不是想
to get under Lestrade's skin?
惹雷斯垂德生气吗
Miss Truepenny, shouldn't you be off hunting Aurelius?
楚佩妮小姐,你不是应该去找奥里利乌斯吗
Mr. Lestrade is in with Mr. Balsille.
雷斯垂德先生正在跟巴斯尔先生谈话
They'll be with you when they can.
等他们谈完了就会见你
Fancy seeing you here.
在这见到你真巧
Now, you behave yourself in there, Holmes.
你进去之后别惹事,福尔摩斯
I assure you, I want only to catch a bomber.
我向你保证,我只是想抓到那个袭击者
I have no interest in compromising your employment.
并不想砸了你的饭碗
Uh, excuse me.
对不起
Assistants wait out here.
助手要在外面等
Right.
没错
Consulting for the NYPD.
纽约警局的顾问
Good for you.
很厉害嘛
I admire people who can make it work in the public sector.
我很敬佩那些在政府部门工作的人
And Gareth here says that you guys think
加莱斯说你们认为
this Aurelius thing may be just a smokescreen.
奥里利乌斯的事只是一个障眼法
Well, like I-I said, Dick, we're exploring the possibility.
我说了,迪克,我们在调查这种可能性
We think one of your executives may have been targeted.
我们认为你的一个副总裁才是袭击目标
How did Lawrence Iver fit into the hierarchy here?
劳伦斯·伊凡在公司里表现怎样
Larry?
拉里
He was an ace.
他很优秀
Started out in Dallas.
最开始在达拉斯分部工作
He made our clients a boatload trading distressed debt.
他通过交易不良债券为我们的客户赚了很多钱
Came here to the mother ship five years ago.
五年前来到总部
He had been on the commodities desk ever since.
从那以后一直负责商品期货
Did he have any enemies at the company?
他在公司里有什么敌人吗
I guess.
有吧
We all do.
我们都有
Larry told people who came to work for him:
拉里跟他的下属说
you eat what you kill here or you starve.
要么杀死别人吃肉,要么你就饿死
And some people respond to...
有些人能应付
that pressure and some people simply wilt.
这种压力,有些人就畏缩了
Excuse me, what are you doing?
不好意思,你在干嘛
Is this your book?
这是你的书吗
Yes, it is.
是的,没错
I spent two summers as a fire watcher
我在大提顿国家公园
at Grand Teton National Park.
当了两年的火情观察员
Why?
怎么了
Sorry. Could I speak with you outside for a moment?
抱歉,我能跟你出去聊一下吗
What was your boss doing at the Griffin Hotel
你的老板在爆炸前夜
under an assumed name, the night before the bombing?
用笔名出现在格里芬酒店
What?
什么
"Jacques St. Teton." sound familiar?
"雅克·圣·提顿"听起来耳熟吗
If it doesn't, I'll just ask him.
如果不耳熟,那我自己问他
Oh, you-you'll do no such thing.
别这么干
Truepenny, just go, just go get security.
楚佩妮,去叫保安
On it. You're kicking us out?
这就去,你要把我们赶出去吗
Lawrence Iver was a potential CEO.
劳伦斯·伊凡是个潜在的首席执行官
Your boss is a current CEO.
而你老板是现任首席执行官
You can see how he might feel threatened.
你很明白他可能会感到地位受到威胁
I knew it-- you can't stand the fact that I've built
我明白了,你无法忍受我自己
something for myself, can you?
有所建树的事实,对吗
That is a great man in there,
那里面是个伟大的人
and I'm not gonna have you harass him
不会因为你对我有什么奇怪的不满情绪
because you've got some kind of bizarre beef with me.
就让你去骚扰他
Gentlemen, please.
先生们,请
Mr. St. Teton checked in just after 7:00. I wasn't on duty
圣·提顿先生七点之后入住,那晚
that night. Let me see if I can find the footage.
我没当值,我看看能不能找到录像
Here we go.
找到了
Lestrade is "Jacques St. Teton?"
雷斯垂德就是雅克·圣·提顿吗
Or he handled the check-in for his boss.
要么他就在为他的老板办理入住
Either way, he's more than just an annoyance now.
不管怎样,他现在可不只是有点烦人了
He's involved in this somehow.
他已经卷进来了
Okay, just so I'm clear,
那我问清楚
you don't think your ex-partner
你不会是认为你的前搭档
helped plan a mass murder, do you?
帮忙策划了一次大谋杀吧
Not wittingly. He may have been duped
不是有意的,他也许是被骗
into renting the room without being privy to the larger plan.
租下那间房,而不知道背后的阴谋
Maybe. Or it could have nothing to do
也许,也可能这跟谋杀
with the murders. I mean,
没有任何关系
would the room have been a convenient place
这间房是不是放炸弹的
to assemble a bomb? Sure.
好地方呢,当然是
But the guy is a Wall Street CEO.
但这个人是华尔街的首席执行官
I mean, if he wanted to get rid of someone,
如果他想除掉某个人
there are easier ways to do it.
会有更简单的方式
We-We could show Balsille this tape, see what he says.
我们可以让巴斯尔看看录像,看他怎么说
We've already given him the opportunity to be forthright.
我们已经给过他坦白的机会了
All right if I come in?
我能进来吗
I owe you an apology.
我欠你一个道歉
You've got your process, and I've got mine.
你有你的破案方法,我有我的
We've got to accommodate each other,
我们应该互相适应
I realize that now.
我现在明白了
I got territorial.
我防范心太强
I was wrong, and I'm-I'm sorry.
我错了,我很抱歉
Apology accepted.
我接受你的道歉
So, did you find out anything interesting today?
那你今天发现什么有趣的事了吗
No.
没有
Unfortunately, the hotel had already recorded over
很不幸,雅克·圣·提顿入住酒店的录像
the footage of Jacques St. Teton checking in.
已经被覆盖了
Look, I'm gonna save us all a little bit of time here.
我来为大家节省一点时间吧
I meant what I said earlier around about Richard Balsille
我之前说过理查德·巴斯尔
being a-a great man, but unfortunately,
是个伟大的人,但是很不幸
that doesn't always mean a good one.
伟人并不一定总是好人
Yeah, he has a tendency to step out on his wife.
他总是对他的妻子不忠
Books himself a room.
给他自己订了一间房
And we don't know about anything till it's done.
知道事情发生之后我们才知道
Well, thanks for clearing that up.
谢谢你说明这一点
Yeah, well, it's important
是的,这很重要
that we're not rowing in different directions here.
省的我们力使不到一块
You know, you might be right.
知道吗,你也许是对的
about Aurelius's note being a fake.
奥里利乌斯的留言可能是伪造的
But that waiter, John Bowden-I mean, he disappears
但那个服务生,约翰·鲍登
ten minutes before the explosion,
他在爆炸前十分钟离开
and then he drops off the face of the planet.
然后就人间蒸发了
I mean, he could have done it on his own.
他很可能是自己做的
Well, we can't rule it out until we've found the man.
找到他之前不能排除这种可能
Agreed.
同意
So, to a new spirit of cooperation then, Holmes?
为了新的合作精神,福尔摩斯
I'd suggest a toast,
我本想建议喝一杯
but we haven't got any coconut water.
但我们没有椰子汁了
Well, I guess this is good night.
我想这就是晚安的意思了
Oh, right, yes, uh...
啊,是的
Remarkable man.
非凡之人
You know, you're very lucky.
知道吗,你很幸运
What?
什么
Oh, yes, I know.
对,我知道
He could say the same of you, of course.
当然,他也会对你做出同样的评价
Oh, thank you. I mean, Miss Truepenny,
谢谢你,我是说,楚佩妮小姐
she tries, but you know what they say,
她很努力,但你也知道俗话说的
"Good help is hard to find."
"好帮手难寻"
A good partner is actually hard to find, as well.
好的搭档也一样难寻
Yes, I think about the money that I pay her--
是的,我一想到付给她的那些钱
money in the private sector's quite obscene...
私企的钱可不好拿
compared to what us foot soldiers are used to.
想想我们这些步兵之前的待遇吧
So, anyway, if you want to discuss anything further,
所以,如果你想跟我更深入地讨论任何事
you need any more information, please, don't hesitate.
需要任何信息,请不要犹豫
So, give me a call.
给我打电话吧
Thank you. I will keep that in mind.
谢谢你,我会记住的
I think Lestrade just tried to recruit me.
我想雷斯垂德刚才是想雇我
"Gareth Lestrade, Consulting Detective.
"加莱斯·雷斯垂德,顾问侦探
When you've eliminated the impossible."
当你已经排除了不可能"
Well, perhaps we can play this to our advantage.
也许我们能够把这个变成我们的优势
What did you tell him?
你跟他说什么了
I told him I'd call him, maybe.
我跟他说我也许会给他打电话的
Oh, I also stole his phone.
我还偷了他的电话
If you want to know what he's up to, it's a good place to start.
如果你想知道他的打算,可以从这开始
I thought you weren't convinced that the bombing was connected
我以为你曾很坚信那个炸弹与
to the renting of the hotel room.
开酒店房间有关
I'm not. Lestrade knew damn well
我没有,雷斯垂德清楚知道
that Balsille rented that room. He checked him in.
巴斯尔开了那间房,是他去登记入住的
He lied to us. I want to know why.
他对我们撒了谎,我想知道原因
Mmm! Smells good.
闻起来不错
What's wrong?
怎么了
You only make those when you need to calm down.
你只会在需要冷静的时候做这东西
I spent several minutes last night
昨晚我花了几分钟
trying to work out Lestrade's password.
试图破解雷斯垂德的手机密码
Birthday?
生日
The year Tottenham last won the FA Cup.
托特纳姆最后一次赢得足总杯的那一年
Ages ago, by the way.
很久之前的事了
Anyway, the rest of the evening was spent
不管怎样,昨晚剩下的时间就用来
reviewing the contents of the phone.
检查手机内容上了
"Operation Firewall"?
防火墙行动
It's the ham-fisted name
这个蠢称号指的
that Balsille gave to a project he handed off to Lestrade.
是巴斯尔交给雷斯垂德的一个项目
These are all about Lawrence Iver.
都是关于劳伦斯·伊凡的
Apparently Balsille did view the man as a rival.
显然巴斯尔确实把这位当成了竞争对手
He had his phones tapped,
他在手机上做了手脚
he monitored every e-mail he ever sent
监控着他发送的每一封邮件
and with good reason.
并且有个很好的理由
Iver was working with members of the Board of Directors
伊凡正在和理事会的成员合作
to have Balsille ousted from his post as CEO.
试图将巴斯尔赶下总裁的位置
So he was planning a coup.
就是说他在谋划政变
And Balsille knew about it.
而巴斯尔也知道了
You know, I know you've worked with Lestrade for a long time,
我明白你和雷斯垂德之前合作过很久
but it's getting kind of hard not to think of him
但是现在很难不将他
as a straight-up suspect.
当做嫌疑犯了
Thus the Yorkshires.
约克郡便是如此
Sherlock Holmes.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯
I have Gareth Lestrade calling.
加莱斯·雷斯垂德想找你
Yes?
请讲
Holmes.
福尔摩斯
I found John Bowden.
我找到约翰·鲍登了
Well, his grandmother has an apartment
他的祖母有一所公寓
that's still registered in her name,
还注册在她的名下
even though she died three years ago.
可是她三年前就已经死了
So I had, uh, Captain Gregson
所以我让格雷森警监
send that little fella down to have a look.
派那小伙子去看了看
John Bowden was hiding in there.
约翰·鲍登正好藏在那里
They're on their way to the station now.
他们现在正往局里去呢
I'll see you there.
到那里见
Go to the police station. Make an excuse for me.
去趟警局,帮我编个借口
I shall keep after Lestrade.
我去查查雷斯垂德
Don't.
I'm supposed to meet him.
我是来见他的
He takes quiet time before he sits with a suspect.
他需要在面对嫌犯前清静一段时间
I see what you're doing, you know.
我看到你做的事了,知道吗
I beg your pardon?
你在说什么
All this... sashaying about,
你这种大摇大摆的样子
trying to impress him.
想要给他留下印象
It won't work. This is my job.
那不会起作用的,这是我的工作
Where's Holmes?
福尔摩斯呢
He said to start without him.
他说不用等他了
Oh, you left this at our place last night.
你昨晚把这个落在我们那里了
I didn't set off a bomb.
我没用放置炸弹
I left work because I really did feel like
我离开餐厅真的是因为觉得
I was coming down with something.
自己身体不适
I stopped off at my gym on the way home to get a massage,
我回家的中途去健身房按摩了一下
and when it was over,
当做完的时候
the bombing stuff was on the news.
那炸弹的消息就上新闻了
Yeah, well, that's a lot of old bollocks, isn't it?
是啊,真是典型的胡扯
I mean, if you didn't do anything, why were you hiding?
如果说你什么都没做,那躲起来干什么
I freaked out when I saw that Aurelius took credit.
当奥里利乌斯宣布负责的时候我吓坏了
Look, I go to this web forum, okay?
你看,我经常上一个网站,好吗
It's people who started with occupy,
是一群发起抗议的人
but everyone's a little more...
但是每个人都有点
aggressive about change.
对改革有点激进
Radical.
激进分子
I used to talk about the government people and bankers
我曾说过关于政府官员和银行人士
that come into the restaurant.
来餐厅的一些事情
You know, just angry stuff.
你知道,就是些愤青的东西
So this guy-- he calls himself Cassius on the site--
有这么个人,他在网站上叫自己卡西乌斯
he was always asking me to tell him whenever those lunches got booked.
他总来问我那些午餐定的是什么时间
Cassius was one of
卡西乌斯曾是
Marcus Aurelius's generals.
马尔库斯·奥里利乌斯手下的一名将军
I didn't think about that at the time.
我那时候没想那么多
I just figured he wanted to stage a protest or something.
我以为他只是想策划个抗议游行什么的
So I told him.
所以我就告诉他了
Then the bomb goes off,
然后炸弹爆炸了
Aurelius takes credit, I make the connection,
奥里利乌斯宣布负责,我发现了联系
and I hid, because... I don't know,
我藏起来是因为,我不知道
I told him they were coming.
是我告诉他他们要来的
I don't know if that makes me an accessory or something...
我不知道会不会把我当从犯还是什么
That's enough, John. Well, who are you?
约翰,说这些就够了,你是谁
Your father retained me.
你父亲雇的我
Look, you guys can search my computers, whatever.
你们可以去搜我的电脑,随便什么
I don't know how to make a bomb...
我不知道怎么制造炸弹
Enough.
够了
No more questions.
别再回答了
This kid read "Killer" To you?
你看这孩子像杀手吗
Hello.
你好
How did you get in here?
你怎么进来的
I think you've allowed yourself to become a bit of a fool.
我觉得你渐渐让自己堕落成了傻瓜
But in spite of that...
但尽管如此
I can't believe you're so far gone
我还是无法相信你会更进一步
you'd allow yourself to be involved in a murder.
让自己卷入谋杀案里
Right, so, what?
是啊,所以呢...
You... you break in my safe, do you?
所以你就撬开了我的保险箱,是吧
I have video of you dismantling the security camera
我有你破坏格里芬酒店
at the Griffin Hotel.
安保摄像头的录像
I've got e-mails
我还有邮件
which confirm you knew
能证明你知道
about Lawrence Iver's plans to stage a coup at Whitbrook-Balsille.
劳伦斯·伊凡要在维布鲁克巴斯尔谋划政变
Oh, so, I see.
我明白了
So I didn't actually
所以我的手机
leave my phone at your house, did I?
不是不小心掉在你家的吧
No, no, you nicked it.
是你偷来的
Watson did.
华生偷的
I don't think she's coming to work for you, by the way.
顺便说一句,我觉得她不会去为你工作
Anyway...
不管怎样...
Now, in your hotel suite,
现在,在你的酒店房间里
I find evidence of a clandestine surveillance program on Iver.
我发现了你秘密监视伊凡的证据
Detailed notes about his comings and goings.
有关他出入的详细记录
Now, if I presented all this to the police,
如果我把这些都交给警察
I rather think they'd be inclined to view you
我想他们肯定会把你当成
as a potential conspiracist in a murder.
谋杀的嫌疑犯
Are you?
你是吗
No.
不是
Oh, come on, Sherlock,
得了吧,夏洛克
for God's sakes, I mean, come on, you know me.
看在老天的份儿上,你了解我的
The Lestrade I know would not
我认识的雷斯垂德不会
summon a helicopter to travel eight blocks.
为走八个街区就叫直升机
Well, you know, I... I might have been showing off a bit.
这个...我可能是想炫耀一下
Doesn't mean I go round blowing up lunches, does it?
但这也不意味着我会去炸餐馆,是不是
Now, Balsille...
巴斯尔...
he's paranoid. I mean, all CEO's are.
他很多疑,所有的首席执行官都是
But he was right to be worried about Iver, though.
但他的确应该担心伊凡
And he asked me to find out a little something about Iver
他让我找点跟伊凡有关的事
that might help get him fired.
方便他解雇他
And that's it.
就这样
So why did you rent a hotel room at the Griffin
但你为什么要在爆炸前夜
the night before the explosion?
在格里芬酒店开一间房呢
Well, I suppose you get rich enough...
我想如果你足够富有
your appetites...
你的欲望...
grow right alongside the size of your portfolio.
就会随着你的持股数而增加
Well, the way I heard it...
我听说...
it started the same way for Balsille.
巴斯尔也是这样
Wives of colleagues...
同事的妻子...
No, we've been over this. If he was having affairs,
不,我们说过这个了,如果他有外遇的话
you wouldn't have bothered to lie.
你不需要撒谎的
I haven't even started yet.
我还没怎么说呢
Well, anyway, it went from...
不管怎样,从那里
there to call girls.
发展到了应召女
Eventually-- and this is way before
最终,这远在我开始
I actually started working with him--
为他工作之前
he got bored of them, too.
他也厌倦了她们
Yeah, he felt that he deserved
他觉得他理所应当
something that nobody else could get.
得到没人能得到的
Now, the thing is, about my boss, you see...
现在,我的老板...
he's constantly on the lookout for someone to sleep with him.
他经常寻找跟他上床的人
Doesn't matter who they are.
不管她们是谁
You know, married women...
已婚妇女...
even the odd bloke.
甚至老女人
But when he spots one,
他每发现一个
he does a little bit of analysis. You know...
就做点小分析
what do they want, what do they need?
她们喜欢什么,她们需要什么
And then he puts together an offer.
然后他弄好一个提议
Money. Access.
钱啊,权限啊
Favors.
好处啊
Proper life-changing stuff, actually.
能改变人生的东西
So he views everyone he meets as a potential prostitute.
所以他把他见到的所有人都看成潜在妓女
Well, the bizarre thing is actually that...
但奇怪的事实是...
he's right more often than one would care to think about.
他正确的次数比别人想象的要多很多
You see, nobody's doing anything
每一次都是
that they don't actually agree to,
经过她们同意的
so technically, nothing's illegal.
所以严格来说,并不犯法
But can you imagine the scandal if it got out?
但你能想象如果传出去会成为怎样的丑闻吗
I mean, whew! Pfft! He'd be done.
他就完了
Well, it's mildly distasteful, I suppose.
的确有点恶心
But why all the secrecy?
但为什么这么保密
I'm hardly the type to go running to the press
我也不是那种会向媒体爆料
with a man's secrets.
别人秘密的人
I wasn't protecting him.
我不是在保护他
I was protecting myself.
我是在保护自己
You see, he doesn't handle the approach himself.
他并不亲自接触她们
No, that'd be way too compromising-- no, you see...
那太不体面了
you see, I do.
是我去
I make the offer.
我向她们提出来
I check in to the hotel so no one sees Dick's face.
我去酒店登记,就没人会看到迪克的脸
No, I wasn't planning a murder.
我没有计划谋杀
I was acting as a rich man's pimp.
我是一个富人的皮条客
And why not tell me?
你为什么不告诉我
Right, so you'd do this kind of work, would you?
那你也会做这种事吗
No, of course not.
不,当然不
But isn't it better I know about it
但让我知道
than I think you're part of some conspiracy?
总比让我把你当成什么阴谋的一部分要好吧
Look, I was embarrassed, Sherlock.
听着,我很尴尬,夏洛克
Is that so difficult to get your brain around?
你就那么难想明白吗
No, I wanted you to think
不,我只想让你看到
that I was getting by on talent alone.
我有能力自己活得很好
I wasn't trying to cover up a bombing.
但我没想着为爆炸案做掩护
I mean, you thought that I was...
我是说,你以前一直觉得我
a fool before.
很白痴
What do you think now?
你现在又怎么看我呢
So Lestrade's boss isn't a bomber?
那么雷斯垂德的老板不是炸弹狂
It would appear not.
看样子不像
So what is he, a serial indecent proposer?
那么他是什么,桃色交易人
Look on the bright side.
这也有好的一面
At least Lestrade recruited you for detective work.
至少雷斯垂德是想招募你做侦探工作
It could have been a very different offer.
而不是别的什么交易
Thanks for putting that in my head.
多谢你提醒我这点
So how is he?
那么他怎么样了
It couldn't have been easy for him to admit that.
承认这种事情,他一定很不好受
If he hasn't passed out already,
如果他现在没气晕过去
he's probably sulking.
那就是在生闷气吧
Lestrade's deceptions were a time-consuming dead end.
雷斯垂德的隐瞒让我们浪费了不少时间
We have a murderer to catch.
我们还有凶手要抓
I watched the video of your interview with John Bowden.
我看了你们审问约翰·鲍登的录像
I found his claims to have inadvertently passed
我发现他承认自己不小心把信息泄露给
the information on to Aurelius quite interesting.
奥里利乌斯这件事非常有趣
I thought Aurelius's letter was a fake.
你不是说奥里利乌斯的信是伪造的吗
It doesn't read like the man,
读起来不像他的风格
but it's quite possible he wasn't doing his best work that day.
当然也可能是因为他那天状态不佳
In any case, I thought I would ask him myself.
无论如何,我打算直接和他沟通
So I had the department
所以我让警局把所有
send over their files on Aurelius.
有关奥里利乌斯的案件都送过来
The FBI has had a task force
联邦调查局有一支专门的行动小组
searching for Aurelius for years.
这几年里一直在搜查他的下落
You think you're just going to look through a bunch of NYPD files
所以你打算看完纽约警局的所有案件资料
and find him, just like that?
然后找到他,是吗
Hmm. Of course you do.
你当然是这么打算的
Why is Romulus outside my door?
为什么罗穆卢斯在我房门外
That's Remus.
那是雷穆斯
I don't care which cock I'm holding,
我不管这只公鸡叫什么
I just want to know how it got there.
我只想知道它怎么到我房间门口的
Okay, congratulations.
好吧,恭喜你
You got me to say it.
你还是让我说了那个词
I don't know if you've settled on an epitaph yet,
我不知道你是否决定好墓志铭写什么
but it does occur to me that would look fantastic on a tombstone.
但我觉得那放在墓碑上一定很好看
Why is the chicken outside my door?
为什么这只鸡会在我门口
To wake you, of course.
当然是为了叫醒你
I ran an experiment last night.
我昨晚做了个实验
I reached out to a contact at NASA.
我联系了国家航空航天局的一个线人
She gained a bit of notoriety a few years back
她几年前的名声不太好听
when I pointed out to her the reasons that Pluto is, in fact,
因为我告诉了她冥王星是一个外海王星体
a trans-Neptunian object rather than a planet.
而不是行星的原因
She was more than happy
她非常乐意地
to provide me with thermal maps of New York.
给了我纽约的热普地图
They're heat scans of the city,
这些是纽约的热度扫描
performed by satellite,
由卫星拍摄的
one week before attacks by Aurelius.
奥里利乌斯袭击案前一周的图像
In 2006, a bomb exploded
2006年,一枚炸弹
at the offices of a hedge fund.
在某对冲基金办公室外爆炸
Four years ago, an explosion at
四年前,一起发生在某经济智库的
an economic think tank claimed two lives.
爆炸案造成两人死亡
This one is from one week before the bombing of the restaurant.
这是餐厅爆炸案发生一周前的照片
In every case, there is a minute
在每一起案子中,都有一个微小
but perceptible heat spike in Queens
但肉眼可察觉的热峰值
one week before a bomb goes off.
出现在案件发生一周前的皇后区
Each one represents something burning
每一个热峰值都代表了某种物质
at several thousand degrees.
燃烧时的几千度高温
Now, when we look closer at the heat spikes,
现在,当我们仔细观察这些热峰值时
we see that they originate in Woodside, Queens,
我们能发现这些都来自皇后区伍德赛德街
just behind...
就在这座房子
...this house.
后面
Well, Aurelius uses magnesium tape to detonate his bombs.
奥里利乌斯一般用镁带引爆炸弹
That burns at 5,000 degrees.
燃烧热度为五千度
You think he was testing his fuses.
你觉得他在测试引线
A man named Mason Caldwell lives in this house.
一个叫梅森·考德威尔的人住在这里
He's filed for unemployment benefits twice,
他申请过两次失业补助
each time after being fired from his job
两次都是被工程公司
at an engineering firm.
解雇的
You found Aurelius.
你找到了奥里利乌斯
You forgot to call me.
你忘了叫我
Just...
快点
Must've been an oversight.
希望你是一时疏忽
Gregson, he gave me the heads up.
格雷森,他告诉了我事情的大概
Morning, Miss Watson.
早上好,华生小姐
Mm. Morning.
早上好
So, you decided to find Aurelius.
所以,你决定去找奥里利乌斯
And here we are.
我们就来这儿了
May I remind you this is a good thing.
我得提醒你这是件好事
I pursued a theory--
我追踪的这个理论
developed by you, I might add--
是你提出的,我可能加工了一下
and now we might be on the verge of a breakthrough.
现在我们很可能有重大收获
You might even call it a collaboration of sorts.
你甚至能称之为某种通力合作
Yeah, nice try, Sherlock.
说得真好,夏洛克
I'm not that gullible.
我又不傻
When I told Watson about this, she was happy.
我告诉华生这件事的时候,她就很高兴
Please don't bring me into this.
别把我扯进去
That's the difference between you and her.
这就是你和她的区别
You spend your time resenting my abilities,
你花时间怨恨我的能力
and she spends her time developing her own.
她花时间提升自己的能力
If you'd had done the same,
如果你也这么做
you might've built a practice you were proud of.
你很可能已经有让你自己骄傲的事迹了
No answer.
没人应门
But he had a few packages from a chemical supply at the door.
但他门前有几个装着化学物品的邮包
We texted pictures of the packages
我们把包裹的照片
and the heat signature over to a judge.
和温度标记发给了一位法官
He's issuing a warrant.
他正在签发搜查令
We're going in.
我们要进去了
Mason Caldwell!
梅森·考德威尔
It's NYPD!
我们是纽约警局的
Back!
后门
Clear!
安全
As far as we can tell, the bomb he was making
据我们所知,他做的炸弹
was supposed to release a cloud of chlorine gas
应该会在爆炸后释放出氯气
after it went off, something went wrong
在他用混合物做实验的时候
while he was experimenting with the mix,
出了一些问题
he inhaled some gas,
他吸入了一些气体
and collapsed on the magnesium tape while it was still burning.
然后倒在了还在燃烧的镁带上
It doesn't make any sense.
这说不通啊
The bomb at the restaurant had shrapnel in it, not gas.
饭店的炸弹里有榴霰弹,没有气体
That's because Mason Caldwell
那是因为梅森·考德威尔的
wasn't planning an attack on a restaurant.
攻击目标不是饭店
He was gonna dispatch this bomb to a biotech company.
他打算把这颗炸弹送到一家生物科技公司
Well, he's been dead at least a week.
他已经死了至少一周了
Which means that Aurelius did not set
这意味着不是奥里利乌斯
that bomb off at the restaurant.
把炸弹放在饭店的
Uh... are you...?
你准备...
Are you gonna answer that or...?
你准备接电话还是...
I swear, working with the man
我发誓,跟那个人共事
has thrown something out of calibration.
绝对会拖我们的后腿
How else to explain such a persistent lack of results?
不然怎么解释我们一直没结果这件事
We did find Aurelius.
我们确实找到了奥里利乌斯
A by-product of the investigation.
这只是调查的意外收获
Did you change Lestrade's ringtone on my phone?
你把我手机上雷斯垂德的铃声改了
I decided to revisit the notion that the three people
我决定再考虑一下坐在弹片的有效射程内的
who sat in the pathway of the payload of shrapnel
那三个人是潜在攻击目标的
were potential targets.
这个想法
The Department of Labor bureaucrat was happily married,
那位劳工部的官员婚姻美满
by all accounts mild and pleasant.
据说非常温和友善
The Whitbrook-Balsille executive...
维布鲁克巴斯尔的副总裁...
the Whitbrook-Balsille executives were beef-witted sociopaths
维布鲁克巴斯尔的副总裁是白痴反社会者
who had sold the world on the idea
他们让全世界都认为
that playing Three-card Monte was somehow a respectable profession.
玩"三牌猜一"是个令人尊敬的职业
But they're hardly alone in that, are they?
但不光只有他们这么认为,对吧
We're not picking up the phone because we're working.
我们不接电话是因为我们在工作
Who'd you tell, Holmes?
你都告诉谁了,福尔摩斯
Who did I tell what?
我告诉谁什么了
About Balsille, what he gets up to in his spare time.
巴斯尔的事,关于他在空闲时间里干的事
Apart from Watson, nobody.
除了华生,没别人了
Well, who'd you tell? No one.
那你告诉谁了,没人
I only told you. I mean, somebody must've told.
我只告诉你了,一定有人说出去了
Now, I've got to find them or I'm gonna get fired.
我得找出是谁,否则我就要被解雇了
Wh-what are you talking about?!
你在说什么啊
This! Someone, a couple of hours ago,
这个,几个小时前
sent Balsille a blackmail threat.
有人给巴斯尔发了勒索信息
Claiming they know all about his conquests--
声称他们知道他所有的战利品
dates, names, times. Everything!
日期,姓名,次数,所有事情
Whoever's doing this, they don't want money.
干这事儿的人不是想要钱
Well, not exactly.
不完全是
No, they want Balsille to arrange
不,他们想让巴斯尔安排一周里的
for hundreds of stock trades to be made by a week this Friday.
数百笔交易,从这周五开始
Some stocks, some bonds, some U.S. currency.
一些股票,一些债券,一些美国通货
And to disguise it, they want to spread
为了隐瞒事实,他们想要这些交易
the trades across all divisions.
遍布各个部门
Why?
为什么
I don't know.
我不知道
Well, there's money in there somewhere.
这里面一定有钱赚
The threat says a week from Friday specifically.
恐吓信里特别说从这周五开始
Yeah, Balsille's gonna blame me for the leak.
巴斯尔会怪我走漏消息的
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I've just told you I'm gonna lose my job.
我刚刚告诉你我可能要失业了
And you find that funny, do you? No, not at all.
你觉得那很好笑吗,一点都不
It's just I've learned that the government's monthly jobs report
我只是发现下周五是政府工作报告的
is due out next Friday.
截止日
Wait... so?
等等,所以呢
I'm fairly certain that this threat is connected
我很确定这封恐吓信
to the bombing at the restaurant.
跟饭店的爆炸案有关
I can also say with near certainty
我还能肯定地说出
who is responsible for both crimes.
谁该对这两件案子负责
We know who's blackmailing you.
我们知道谁在勒索你
In fact, it's the same person who blew up that restaurant.
其实就是那个炸掉饭店的人
What? What are they doing here?
什么,他们来这儿干嘛
Well, I'll let him tell you.
我会让他告诉你的
It's his solve.
是他破了案子
He's quite a remarkable detective, actually.
他实际上是位很出色的侦探
Maybe I should hire him.
也许我应该雇他
Vaughn Antonelli was one of the victims of the bombing.
沃恩·安东内利是爆炸案的受害人之一
He was also the chairman of the Benefits Review Board at the Department of Labor.
他也是劳工部利益审查委员会的主席
It's not a particularly exalted post.
这不是什么非常高的职位
But it does come with one interesting perk--
但却有一个很大的便利之处
the chairman, he's one of a handful of people
主席,他是能提前看到劳工部的
who has early access to the department's monthly jobs report.
月工作报告的几个人之一
As I'm sure you're aware.
我确定你是知道的
The markets can be relied upon to move upwards and downwards
市场可以根据报告的结果
depending on the report's findings.
而起伏波动
Yes. So?
对,所以呢
So the next one comes out a week from Friday.
所以下一次报告下周五会出来
Whoever's bribing you is looking
勒索你的人是想
to make a bunch of trades based on whatever's in that report.
根据报告里的内容进行一些交易
You'd have to see it before everybody else to do that.
你要在所有人之前看到报告才行
So...
所以
it's someone from Labor.
这人是劳工部里的
Do you know who stands to succeed Vaughn Antonelli?
你知道由谁来接替沃恩·安东内利的职位吗
A woman
一个名叫
named "Michelle Forrester."
米歇尔·福雷斯特的女人
Her current job didn't give her access to the jobs report.
她之前的职位还无法接触到工作报告
But now she has it.
现在就可以了
She's blackmailing me?
是她在勒索我
She was at the table when the bomb went off.
炸弹爆炸的时候她也在桌上啊
Seated rather conveniently
她的座位很巧妙地
out of the path of the blast.
安排在了爆炸范围以外
If you know the seating arrangement,
如果你知道座位安排
and you're the one building the explosive,
而你又是安放炸弹的人
you can-- and she did-- arrange things
你便可以让所受伤害降到最低
so that her wounds were relatively minor.
而她也正是这么做的
Once Antonelli was gone,
只要除掉安东内利
Forrester had his title and access to the jobs report.
福雷斯特就能获得他的职位并能看到工作报告
All the pieces were in place.
一切就绪
She could make the blackmail threat.
她就能实行勒索了
To do that, she would have to know about me.
可她还需要知道我的事情
Amazing. So, the name, the photograph--
真棒,这名字,这照片
nothing rings a bell?
都没让你想起什么吗
When Miss Forrester left college, she came here.
福雷斯特小姐大学毕业后来到这里
She won an internship with Whitbrook-Balsille.
在维布鲁克巴斯尔开始实习
After completing it, she moved into
实习结束后,她搬进了
a brand-new and fully-paid-for apartment in Georgetown,
乔治城一间付清全款的全新公寓
and took a plum appointment at the Department of Labor.
并进入劳工部任职
It was rather a rapid ascent, wouldn't you say?
实在是平步青云,不觉得吗
You found her price. Didn't you?
你们俩也有过性交易,对吧
She'd've had to find some of your recent conquests
她需要知道你最近的一些新欢
and pay them off to come forward, of course, but...
并付她们钱来获得信息,这是当然
I assume she offered a generous package.
但我想她提供的条件很诱人
So, why are you here?
所以你们到底来干嘛
You want me to tell the cops
想让我告诉警察
that I paid her to go to bed with me?
我曾经给她钱让她跟我上床吗
It would help us prove our case.
这样会有助于我们破案
We also want a comprehensive list of your companions
我们还需要你列出在你雇佣雷斯垂德之前及期间
both before and during Lestrade's tenure.
你的性伴侣的详细名单
It will help us identify the people
这能帮助我们明确
that Michelle is paying to come forward.
米歇尔收买过哪些人
But when the arrest is made,
但她被捕以后
then everything I did goes public.
我的所作所为都将被公之于众
Let me ask you something:
我们来假设一下
Suppose there is no arrest.
如果她不被捕
Can't we just give her what she wants?
我们就不能满足她的所有条件吗
No, you see now-now you're barking up the wrong tree
不,你跟他们俩提这些
with these two, you see, they don't take payoffs.
是找错人了,他们不接受贿赂
No, your little hobby
你的惯用伎俩
is gonna come out now.
行不通了
You can either help by putting a murderer away
你可以帮我们抓到杀人犯
and you can walk away with your millions...
以保住你的百万身家
or...
否则
I'll go to press.
我就向媒体曝光
What about your job, Gareth?
你就不想想你的工作,加莱斯
You'll be ruined, too.
你也会被毁掉的
I don't let murderers go free, you see?
但我绝不允许杀人犯逍遥法外
It's probably the only non-negotiable thing about me.
这也许是我唯一不会妥协的事情
Besides, you know, I've been
况且要知道我以前
ruined before.
也被毁过
Not so bad the second time around.
再经历一次也坏不到哪去
Sorry about the chair.
抱歉你要用轮椅
Regulations for a discharge.
这是出院的规定
Your car's downstairs.
你要的车就在楼下
We'll have you at the airport in plenty of time.
你很快就能到机场了
Thanks for everything, Guillermo.
非常感谢,吉列尔莫
Michelle Forrester...
米歇尔·福雷斯特
you're not leaving New York.
你不能离开纽约
Just yet.
现在不能
Are you sure they're ready for this?
你真觉得它们准备好了吗
It's not the sort of thing you can ease into.
这种事情不需要很长时间来适应
Well...
in a moment, the world will either have
再过一会儿,要么世上会
an efficient means of curing fighting cocks,
多一种治愈斗鸡的有效方法
or we will have the raw ingredients for chicken dinner.
要么我们就有鸡肉晚餐的新鲜食材了
Oh... I'm not sure I want to see this.
我可不想看这个
Would you kindly tell him not to make such a racket?
劳烦你让他别这么大动静
This is a delicate moment.
现在是很微妙的时刻
Uh, sorry, yeah.
不好意思
I'm just in a bit of a pinch.
我只是手头有点紧
You know, the company's not paying for my hotel anymore.
公司不再支付我的酒店费用了
They've canceled my ticket home, as well,
还取消了我的回程飞机票
so I'm just waiting for a check to clear so I can buy a new one.
现在我要等他给我支票结清薪水好重新买票
You can stay here, just be quiet.
你可以待在这里,但请闭嘴
My God.
天呐
It worked.
真的成功了
So, now what?
那现在是怎样
We own chickens, don't we?
我们要养鸡了是吧
I-I'm not feeding them.
我可不喂它们

重点单词   查看全部解释    
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
conspiracy [kən'spirəsi]

想一想再看

n. 阴谋

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
passion ['pæʃən]

想一想再看

n. 激情,酷爱

联想记忆
keen [ki:n]

想一想再看

adj. 锋利的,敏锐的,强烈的,精明的,热衷的 <

 
serial ['siəriəl]

想一想再看

n. 序列,串列
adj. 连续的,一连串的

 
accommodate [ə'kɔmədeit]

想一想再看

vi. 使自己适应
vt. 使一致,和解;提供

联想记忆
consistent [kən'sistənt]

想一想再看

adj. 始终如一的,一致的,坚持的

联想记忆
debate [di'beit]

想一想再看

n. 辩论,讨论
vt. 争论,思考

联想记忆
dispatch [dis'pætʃ]

想一想再看

v. 派遣,迅速做完,立即处死
n. 派遣,发

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。