手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季(MP3+中英字幕) 第17集 解开心结

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Previously on Elementary...

《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
This is Manny Tarkanian.
我是曼尼·塔卡尼安
I'm gonna text you my contact information.
我会简讯你我的联系方式
Are you gonna answer that?
你不接电话吗
Gareth Lestrade,
加莱斯·雷斯垂德
late of Scotland Yard.
苏格兰场的前警探
I owe you an apology.
我欠你一个道歉
We've got to accommodate each other.
我们应该互相适应
I realize that now.
我现在明白了
Apology accepted.
我接受你的道歉
You know, the company's not paying for my hotel anymore.
公司不再支付我的酒店费用了
You can stay here.
你可以住在这
Just be quiet.
但请保持安静
We own chickens, don't we?
我们要养鸡了,对吧
Holmes!
福尔摩斯
Your bloody rooster is at it again!
你的破鸡又蹲在那了
19 days. 19 days he has been here.
十九天,他已经住了整整十九天了
Well, you were the one who said he could
是你说在他想清楚接下来做什么之前
stay with us until he figured out his next move.
可以住在我们这里的
Holmes!
福尔摩斯
I'll pluck it! I swear it!
我发誓,我要拔光它的毛
He has offers, remember? Of course he does.
他有不少工作邀请,那是当然
He took credit for my successes at Scotland Yard.
我在苏格兰场破案的功劳都归到了他身上
Typically, a man is his work.
一般来说,工作经历代表一个人的能力
In his case, he is my work--
但他的经历其实是我的
and who wouldn't want to hire me?
有谁不想雇我呢
You said your friend made that for you?
你说那是你朋友帮你做的吗
Demolitions expert.
是爆破专家
He sends me devices from time to time.
他时不时送我点小玩意
I'd hardly call him a friend.
我可没把他当朋友
And what happens if it hits zero?
如果倒计时到零会怎样
I confess to not knowing.
说老实话我不知道
Could be a spray of paint and expulsion of fumes.
大概会喷漆或者冒烟什么的
I have yet to fail...
我还从没...
at defusing one.
拆弹失败过
Holmes!
福尔摩斯
I want to see what he wants. Yeah.
我去看看他在叫什么,好
Holmes! Can I get some help, please?!
福尔摩斯,过来帮个忙,求你了
Hey. Hi, Joan, brilliant.
乔恩,你来得太好了
This one's got it in for me. I swear.
这只鸡和我干上了
Was it... it was Remus?
它是,它是雷穆斯吗
Actually that's Romulus.
其实它是罗慕路斯
Every time I go for the remote control
每次我想拿遥控器开电视
to turn the TV on, it spreads its wings
它就对着我张开翅膀
and it comes at me.
作势要扑向我
Hey, Romulus. You want a little treat?
罗慕路斯,想不想来点小点心
Oh, here you go.
好好吃吧
Ah, treat's in the pocket, very nice.
随身带吃的,真聪明
And then you go...
然后趁这机会...
Oh, brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
干得漂亮,太好了
Well done, you. Thank you very much.
你真厉害,非常感谢
I've got a few quids riding on this match, actually.
其实这场比赛我还下了点小赌注
My pleasure.
不客气
Uh, Joan? Hmm?
乔恩,怎么了
I wanted to say thank you
我想谢谢你
for being so patient with me
在我找工作的麻烦事上
and all this, you know, the job's bullocks.
对我这么耐心
Sherlock's sick of the sight of my face, isn't he?
夏洛克看到我就讨厌,对吧
Well, you have a big decision to make, so...
你要做的决定很重大,所以...
Well, you know, actually, I got a...
其实,我今天
another offer today, in fact.
又收到一份工作邀请
Here.
在这
Largest investigation company in Sao Paulo, Brazil,
巴西圣保罗最大的调查公司
Romero e Blanco.
罗梅罗·布兰科调查公司
Do you speak Portuguese?
你还会说葡萄牙语吗
Do I speak Portuguese?
我会说葡萄牙语吗
No, not currently.
不,暂时不会
Oh, and you might want to take a look at some of those
桌上的那些工作邀请
offers on the table, you know?
你想看看吗
See, you might find one that you prefer more than...
说不定你会觉得里面有哪个
working for the ol' cock-handler.
比给这个养鸡的打工好
Uh, I know what you meant.
我明白你的意思
It's me, okay?
是我,好吗
You got me.
你没认错
Excuse me?
不好意思,你说什么
I'm him.
我就是他
The guy you see on the news.
你在新闻上看到的人
I'm Gordon Cushing.
我是戈登·库欣
That's what you're trying to figure out, right?
你不就想知道我是不是他吗
Did you do it?
是你干的吗
Pull over here, would you? I'd like to get out.
在这靠边停,我要下车
His name is Gordon Cushing,
他叫戈登·库欣
but maybe you already know that.
也许你们早就认识他了
His wife disappeared in 2010.
他的妻子在2010年失踪了
Everyone thought he killed her.
大家都认为是他杀了她
It was in all the papers back then.
那时的报纸都在报道这事
I endeavored to keep abreast of
我以前一直对国外的大案
notorious crimes in other countries,
保持高度关注
but I confess to falling out of the habit during my habit.
但我承认染上毒瘾的时候,这个习惯中断了
His wife Sarah was a partier. He didn't approve.
他的妻子莎拉喜欢派对,他不太赞成
They fought a lot,
他们经常闹矛盾
and so when she went missing...
所以当她失踪的时候
He was presumed a murderer?
他就被认为是凶手吗
He was, but without a body,
是的,但找不到尸体
no one could make a case.
所以没法立案
A few hours ago, he called 911
几小时前,他打电话报警
to say he received a box with two severed ears.
说收到了一个装有两只被切下的耳朵的盒子
There was a note inside saying they were his wife Sarah's.
里面还有留言说耳朵是他妻子莎拉的
If he forks over two million in cash to the person
如果他交给绑匪两百万现金
or persons who took her, he gets her back.
绑匪就会放了她
And it's odd to get a ransom demand
在绑架了四年后再提赎金要求
four years after an abduction.
真奇怪
Well, you think that's odd.
奇怪的不止这件事
This isn't the first time that he's claimed
但据他说这不是绑匪
to have been contacted by kidnappers.
第一次联系他了
He said he got a call from someone
他声称在莎拉失踪后一年
a year after Sarah disappeared, right?
接到过匿名电话,对吧
Yeah, she disappeared in May 2010.
没错,她在2010年5月失踪
At the time, he said that she just packed her bags and left.
当时,他说她只是打包行李离家出走
But, allegedly, he gets a call in June of 2011.
但据他所言,他在2011年6月接到电话
The guy says that he took her.
对方声称绑架了她
He even puts her on the phone with him.
甚至让她在电话里和他通话
Cushing follows his instructions to a tee.
库欣完全听从了绑匪的指示
Doesn't call us, doesn't call the FBI,
没有报警,也没向联调局报案
just gathers up a million bucks in cash
只是凑了一百万现金
and leaves it under a tree in Central Park.
放在中央公园的一棵树下
Days go by,
但日子一天天过去
no sign of Sarah.
莎拉仍没有出现
That's when he decides to reach out to the department.
然后他才决定报警
Only he couldn't prove that anyone had contacted him,
只是他无法证明有人曾联系他
so people thought he'd made the whole thing up.
所以大家都以为是他编造了整个故事
Well, obviously, he didn't make up two severed ears.
显然,两个被切下的耳朵可凭空造不出来
I'm about to talk to him.
我正准备讯问他
Thought you might want to sit in.
你俩也来听听吧
I know how this is going to sound,
我知道说起来不中听
but this is a good thing, isn't it?
但这是一件好事,对吗
I mean, Sarah's alive.
我是说,莎拉还活着
The M.E. is comparing the ears to strands of hair
法医正在对比这对耳朵
that we collected from a brush in your master bathroom in 2010.
和2010年在你家主浴室牙刷上采集到的头发样本
If the DNA is a match, then yes...
如果DNA吻合,那么是的
it's a good chance she's still alive.
有很大可能她还活着
The ears are Sarah's.
这耳朵是莎拉的
I know they are. I... Just look
我知道肯定是,我...
at the photographs I brought you.
看看我带给你们的照片
Wait.
等下
You still think I killed her, don't you?
你还认为我杀了她,是不是
You think I... took those ears from someone else
你认为,我从别人那割下这对耳朵
and sent them to myself?
然后寄给我自己
No. I'm more concerned with what I know.
不,我更关注我所知道的事
I know someone was mutilated earlier tonight.
我知道今晚早些时候有人被割了耳朵
I know I want to help her.
我知道我想帮助她
She is Sarah.
她就是莎拉
She's alive...
她还活着
Just like she was alive in 2011?
就像上次在2011年,她还活着
The last time you were asked to finance her safe return?
而你被勒索用赎金换她回来一样
I dare say that ransom demands
我敢说被勒索赎金
are becoming a tradition for you.
对你来说已经习以为常了
I know I made a mistake three years ago.
我知道三年前我做错了
I should have called the police the second I got off the phone
我该在接到绑匪电话后就报警
with the kidnapper, but I was scared,
但我很害怕
and Sarah was... she was terrified.
而莎拉她吓坏了
I didn't want to take any chances. I couldn't.
我不想冒一丝风险,我不能
There are phone records that show
电话记录可以证明
I got the call when I said I did.
我接到过我说的那个电话
Bank statements that show I took out
银行对账单也可以证明
a million dollars.
我取出过一百万美金
You could've called from a burner phone.
你可以用一次性电话打给自己
You could've hidden that money anywhere.
你也可以把钱藏起来
I have never been anything but honest with you people.
我一直对你们说的都是实话
And so I'm going to keep being honest with you now.
所以我现在也继续实话实话
I fell out of love with my wife a long time
在我妻子消失前
before she disappeared.
我已经不爱她很久了
She said and did things when she was drinking
在她喝醉后,她说了并做了一些
that I can never forgive.
我永远无法原谅的事
I don't want her back because I miss her.
我不是因为想她而希望她回来
I want her back because I am tired of people looking at me
我想她回来,是因为我厌倦了人们
the way you people are looking at me right now.
像你们现在这样用看杀人犯的眼光看我
Well, they do bear an uncanny resemblance
它们的确和照片上的耳朵
to the ears in the photograph.
有惊人的相似度
It's hardly proof that they came from
但这也不能证明它们
the head of Sarah Cushing, though.
就是莎拉·库欣的耳朵
What did you think of Gordon?
你对戈登的话怎么看
Well, he seemed quite sincere.
他看起来很真诚
But then, so did infamous zoophile Ebenezer Cornell
但臭名昭着的嗜兽癖者埃比尼泽·康奈尔
when he claimed he had not attempted
声称他没有试图猥亵伦敦动物园的
to violate two ostriches at London Zoo.
两只鸵鸟时,也很真诚
So...
所以
What did you think of Mr. Cushing?
你对库欣先生怎么看
Well, it was interesting being in the same room with him.
和他同处一室感觉很奇妙
Before tonight, I'd only ever seen him on the news.
在今晚前,我只在新闻上看到过他
If he's telling the truth,
如果他说的是实话
then I guess I feel sorry for him.
那我会为他感到惋惜
It would mean that someone made a pretty tragic mistake
这意味着有人指控他谋杀
when they accused him.
是一个可悲可怜的错误
Speaking of "Tragic mistakes."
说悲剧,悲剧到
"Hate to bother, but locked out of house."
抱歉打扰,但我被关在门外了
Remarkable.
真厉害
"Looked under front and back mats""
在前后门的地垫的下都看了
Oh. "Found no keys""
没有发现钥匙
'Cause that's the kind of man I am.
我是那种人吗
I leave keys under doormats.
会把钥匙放在门垫下
I don't know why you're peeking inside.
我不懂你在往里瞄什么
You know we're not in there.
你知道我们不在家
Trying to assess the damage, actually.
事实上,我在评估我受伤的程度
What happened?
发生什么事了
Well, you know that football game
你知道那场我下注了的
that I put a bet on?
足球赛吧
I actually won.
我赢了
Yeah, I went to go get the winnings on the way back.
我正拿着赢来的钱往回走
Got myself into a bit of trouble.
然后麻烦找上门来了
A rather unfriendly bloke
一个相当恶劣的小子
took designs on my watch and wallet.
设计拿走了我的钱包和手表
You got mugged.
你被抢了
I still think you should go to a hospital.
我还是觉得你该去医院
What about this?
那这样说怎么样
I've been kissed harder.
我吻得太激烈
Crying out loud.
真是快哭了
Bloody chicken.
该死的鸡
It's on the bed. Go on.
居然上床了,走开
Go on, off you go. Bugger off.
走开,滚开
I thought Sherlock said he was going to send it
我记得夏洛克说要把它送到
to that petting zoo.
宠物动物园去
Oh, they said they couldn't take them until next week.
他们说要到下周才能来接它
Walked into a room the other day,
曾经有一天,我走进房间
this darkened room, and he was standing in there.
黑暗的房间,他就站在那儿
Pitch black, and he had one of them perched on his shoulder.
一片漆黑,一只公鸡停在他肩膀上
Yeah. He'd been in there for ages.
对,他在那里很久了
He said it was some kind of, like, balancing exercise.
他说那是一种平衡训练
He was covered in feathers.
他全身都是羽毛
What? What?
怎么了
You've been drinking.
你喝醉了
Oh... Yeah, I might have, you know,
对,可能吧
chucked a couple back at the pub when I was
我准备去拿我的奖金的时候
going to pick my winnings up.
在酒吧小酌了一杯
That was an hour ago, right?
但那是一小时前了
You've had a drink more recently than that.
你喝酒的时间要更近一点
Whiskey, judging from your breath
通过你的口气,还有衬衫上的潮湿
and that damp spot on your shirt. I'd say sometime
你喝的是威士忌,我估计你是在
in the last ten minutes? You know,
十分钟前喝的酒
there are no bars around here. And even if there were,
这附近没有酒吧,就算有
how-how would you have paid for it?
你怎么付的钱
The mugger took all your money, didn't he?
抢劫犯抢走了你所有的钱,不是吗
You and I talked about this
在夏洛克说你可以留在这里时
when Sherlock said you could stay here.
我和你谈过这个
You cannot drink around him.
你不能在他周围喝酒
Yeah, well, he's an addict,
对,但他是嗑药
actually, Joan. He's not an alcoholic.
乔恩,他不是酗酒者
And I suppose you thought he was drinking heroin back in London.
我想你是不是觉得他在伦敦是喝海洛因
Where did the whiskey come from?
威士忌是哪来的
Well, I've got a little secret stash out in the back.
我在后院有一个秘密藏匿点
I have a little shot, you know, if I need one.
我存了一些,以备不时之需
And how often is that?
多久一次
Really? Gareth.
真要计较吗,加莱斯
Please. Oh, come on.
拜托
You obviously don't understand
你显然不了解
what kind of pressure I'm under.
我背负着多大的压力
All the bloody offers... You just have to make a decision.
那些该死的工作邀请,你只需做个决定
It's a bit more complicated. Is it?
比这要复杂得多,是吗
What, you want me to say it to you? Say what?
你非要我和你明说吗,说什么
Holmes was right about me!
福尔摩斯是对的
I can't...
我不能...
do this job without him. I can't be a detective.
自己工作,我做不了侦探
You were a detective long before you knew him.
在你遇到他很久之前,你就是警探了
Well, like, back in the day, you know, when I was...
以前那时,以前我...
when I was adequate, when I was...
我勉强够格
when I was competent.
我只能说差不多
Joan, these people, they don't want... they don't want adequate.
乔恩,那些人不想要勉强够格
They want special. They want me
他们想要精英能力
to be the man that I was when I was with him!
他们要的是和福尔摩斯一起工作的我
You know, I know that you have had your troubles,
我知道你有你的烦恼
but you are overthinking this.
但你想太多了
That's very easy for you to say, of course, isn't it?
你说这话当然容易了
You know, because you're the one that's with him now.
因为现在他的搭档是你
You're the one that gets to be special.
你变成了特别的那个
Well, you know, just take it from someone who's been there.
听听他前任搭档的话
Just enjoy it while it lasts.
趁着机会好好享受吧
Was that a hint of surprise I detect?
我是感觉到了一丝惊讶吗
I told you I received several of these.
我说过我收到了好几件这玩意
Well, just thought you'd be
只是以为你会
neck-deep in files from the Sarah Cushing case.
埋头苦看莎拉·库欣的案件资料
I was for most of the evening.
昨晚大部分时间我的确在看
Then the captain called and told me
然后警监打电话告诉我
that the severed ears Gordon Cushing received
戈登收到的耳朵的DNA样本
were a DNA match for Sarah's.
和莎拉的吻合
You're kidding.
你在说笑
That's me, Watson. Joke machine.
这就是我,华生,一个玩笑王
So, Sarah Cushing is alive?
那莎拉·库欣还活着
She is, or at least she was as of yesterday.
是,至少昨天还活着
Gordon will be paying for her safe,
现在戈登会付赎金
if earless, return presently.
救她回来,即便是没耳朵
The NYPD will be watching.
纽约警方会全程监视
And since they hardly need the assistance
而简单的赎金交换任务
of two consulting detectives to execute
并不需要两个顾问侦探
a simple ransom exchange...
在旁协助
Balancing exercise?
平衡练习吗
How'd you...?
你怎么...
Lestrade.
雷斯垂德
Have you seen him this morning? I did not.
今早你见到他了吗,没有
I did hear him leave earlier on.
早些时候我听到他出门了
This arrived for you
你有个包裹
from Detective Bell.
贝尔警探寄的
You opened it?
你打开了
It's just a few files pertaining to recent muggings.
是一些与最近的抢劫案有关的资料
I'm curious-- since when do we investigate common street crime?
我很好奇,什么时候我们开始调查街头犯罪了
Since when do you open my mail?
你从什么时候开始拆我邮件了
How long you lived here?
你在这住多久了
10:00 A.M. On the dot, Mr. Cushing.
现在是早上十点整,库欣先生
Our guy should be here soon.
要等的人应该马上就到
Eyes forward. Don't look at me.
眼睛往前看,别看我
It's going down.
开始了
All right, be advised.
各单位注意
Suspect is a white male, 35 years old,
嫌犯是白人男性,35岁
wearing a blue coat and a wool cap with sunglasses.
身穿蓝色外套,戴羊毛帽及墨镜
Keep your phone on.
保持手机开机
One hour. Once I know I'm clear,
一小时后,一旦我确定安全
I'll call with your wife's location.
我就打电话告诉你你妻子在哪
Suspect is on the move, heading south
嫌犯离开了
on the southbound platform towards the Varick exit.
朝瓦里克出口向南走去
Blue team, I want you to cut him a wide berth.
蓝队,跟他保持距离
Are you seeing this?
你看到了吗
What is he doing?
他在干嘛
Where the hell is he going? Backup units,
他到底在干嘛,后备小组
be advised, suspect is fleeing south
请注意,嫌犯进入
into the southbound tunnel.
向南的隧道往南边逃了
Hold your positions,
保持你们的位置
and we'll pick him up as he exits.
我们等他出来再抓他
Do not attempt to follow.
不要跟随
What do you mean? He's gonna get away.
你说什么,他会跑掉的
We've got a tracer in the bag,
我们在包里放了追踪器
Mr. Cushing. Remember I showed it to you?
库欣先生,我给你看了的,记得吗
I-I know, but what if he finds it?
记得,但万一他发现了呢
What if he changes bags?
万一他换了个包呢
He's not supposed to be out of our sight.
我们不该让他离开视线的
We've got people every place he might pop up.
他可能出现的地方我们都安排了人手
Just let us do our job.
让我们做好分内事就行
No, I'm sorry.
不行,抱歉
Mr. Cushing, stay where you are!
库欣先生,别追
Command support, pull the box.
请求支援,拉下开关
Cut the power to the track now!
赶快关掉轨道上的电源
Hold!
Hold your fire.
别开枪
Mr. Cushing!
库欣先生
Mr. Cushing.
库欣先生
Show us your hands.
把手伸出来
I was just trying to stop him.
我只是想阻止他
He wouldn't listen to me.
他不听我的
He...
He wouldn't listen.
他就是不听
I was just trying to stop him.
我只是想阻止他
It all happened so fast.
一切发生得太突然
The man who took the money,
那个拿了赎金的人
he realized I was chasing him.
他发现我在追他
He came at me.
他就朝我冲过来
And so then you picked up the rebar?
所以你就捡起了钢筋
I don't even know how I...
我都不知道我是怎么...
I think it was on the ground.
可能是放在地上的
I swung at him and I just...
我挥向他,然后就...
Have you been able to identify him?
你们知道他是谁了吗
He wasn't carrying any identification.
他没有带任何身份证明
All he had in his pockets was a set of keys,
兜里只有一串钥匙
some loose change.
和一些零钱
We ran his prints and DNA through the system.
我们在系统里搜索了他的指纹和DNA
So far, no hits.
目前还没有收获
Well, you said yesterday
你昨天说
he may have partners.
他可能会有同伙
Have you heard from them?
那些人有联系吗
No.
没有
But if he was working alone, that means...
但如果他是一个人干的,那意味着...
there's nobody there to take care of Sarah, right?
没有人在照顾莎拉,对吗
Nobody to bring her food.
没有人给她食物
Nobody to bring her water.
没有人给她水
It's a possibility.
有这种可能
Four years I spent trying to convince people
四年来我都在努力让人们相信
I didn't kill her.
我没有杀她
Now maybe I finally have.
现在我可能终于害死她了
Stating the obvious here.
很明显
This one's a mess.
这家伙乱成一团了
I got two severed ears, one dead body.
我们有两只被割下来的耳朵,一具尸体
No leads.
没有线索
Question is-- is it a mess of Mr. Cushing's design?
问题是,这是库欣先生的设计吗
Could be 2011 all over again.
可能是重演一遍2011年的戏码
He wants people to think he's innocent,
他想让人们相信他是清白的
so he hires this guy to pick up the money this morning.
所以他雇这家伙今早来拿钱
Kills him to tie up loose ends.
然后杀了他以绝后患
But that wouldn't explain the ears.
但这解释不了耳朵的事
They match Sarah Cushing's DNA.
它们跟莎拉·库欣的DNA相符
If Gordon's behind everything, that would mean that he's been
如果戈登是幕后黑手,那意味着这四年来
keeping her somewhere for the last four years.
他一直把她藏在某个地方
If that's true, then why draw attention to himself?
如果这是真的,为什么要把注意力引到自己身上
What would he stand to gain?
他能得到什么呢
Whatever the case, the dead man represents our best chance
不管怎样,那个死人都是我们查明真相
of uncovering the truth and getting to Sarah.
并找到莎拉的最好机会
So, with your blessing,
带着你的祝福
Watson and I will withdraw to the morgue
我和华生要去停尸房
and examine the body and his personal effects.
检查尸体和他的私人物品
Miss Watson?
华生小姐
Yes?
怎么了
You have a visitor.
你有访客
You head to the morgue.
你先去停尸房
I'll meet you there. I thought that...
我去那里找你,我以为
It's okay, really.
放心吧,真的
I'll be there as soon as I can.
我会立马赶过去的
Thanks.
谢谢
Aren't you gonna offer me a nice cup of coffee?
你不打算请我喝杯咖啡吗
Or some tea?
茶也行
Perhaps even a donut?
要不就来个甜甜圈
Well, I didn't invite you here to feed you.
我不是请你来吃东西的
No, you invited me here
对,你请我来这里
to ask me to leave the brownstone.
是想劝我搬出褐石屋
You have until the weekend.
你最后的期限是到周末
Take one of the offers, start your new life.
选一个工作,开始你的新生活
I bet you two...
我猜你俩
had quite a laugh last night, didn't you,
昨晚很高兴,对吧
about my... my little mishap.
因为我的不幸事故
All the things I said.
还有我说的那些话
Actually I didn't say anything to Sherlock.
其实我什么都没有和夏洛克说
I didn't think it was my place.
我觉得不该说什么
But since you brought it up,
但既然你提起了
I don't find your self-pity amusing.
我不认为你这种自怨自艾很有趣
When Detective Bell was out of commission,
当贝尔警探暂时离职的时候
Sherlock ran through a string of detectives.
夏洛克试过一些警探搭档
Seven of them. Good ones.
总共七位,都是能手
Far more than adequate.
能力优异
But none of them good enough for him.
但福尔摩斯谁也没看上
Or me.
我也没有
Yeah, well, he did the same thing back in London, didn't he?
他在伦敦也这么做过
Oh, until you.
直到遇上你
He stuck with you.
他和你在一起
He chose you.
他选择了你
What's this?
这是什么
Case files on a couple of muggings.
几起抢劫案的卷宗
Let's have a little look.
我来看看
Well, it's the same vicinity and M.O.
地点与犯罪手法
as the little toe rag that did me.
与之前我被打劫的情况相近
I take it you think that I'm the third in a string?
你认为我是第三起案件
And am I supposed to be doing something with these?
那我需要做些什么
Find the guy, be a detective.
找出这人,做个真正的警探
At the very least, you might get your cash back.
至少,你还能找回你的钱
At the most, you'll realize
再进一步,你也可以意识到
you were never just someone else's tagalong.
你不是什么人的跟屁虫
So, your friend Lestrade--
看起来你的朋友雷斯垂德
looked like he had a rough night.
昨晚过的不怎么好
The calluses on his hands indicate
手上的硬茧表示着
that our Mr. Doe did manual labor.
这位无名先生是体力劳动者
The traces of ceramic grit under his fingernails
指甲盖底下的瓷渣
suggest he was a roofer.
表明他是位泥瓦匠
Now, this is trade notorious
可以显而易见地看到
for its mediocre pay and poor working conditions.
他薪水低廉,工作环境恶劣
It is the domain of the illegal immigrant
一般从事这种工作的,不是非法移民
and the recent parolees.
就是近期假释的犯人
So, you're quite certain that this man's prints
所以,你确定这个人的指纹
do not match anything on your database?
没有记录在数据库中吗
Not yet.
目前没有
Note these shoes.
看这双鞋
Several years old, paper-thin soles.
年代久远,鞋底磨薄了
This does not look like a man who's collected
这人不像是一个三年前
a seven-figure ransom
拿走了七位数赎金
three years previously
并策划了后续事件的
and has masterminded a follow-up.
精明绑匪
Well, perhaps, we're looking at an errand boy.
没准,这位只是个跑腿小弟
If that's the case,
如果真是这样
why haven't we heard from his partners?
那为什么我们还没有他同伴的消息
"Rabkin Hardware"?
拉布金五金店
Yeah, it's in Hempstead.
是的,就在亨普斯特德
They gave out a few hundred of those
他们去年发了几百个这玩意
as a promotion last year. Tried the owner.
当做新品推销,问过店主了
He didn't recognize our guy.
他不认识这个人
Neither did any of his employees.
他的员工也都不认识
Yeah, I saw those, too.
这个我也看到了
I'm not sure about the pattern.
不清楚图案是什么意思
Could be some kind of gang insignia.
可能是什么帮会的标志
Yeah, more of a club really.
其实更可能是俱乐部
A.A., C.A.,
戒酒匿名协会,戒可卡因匿名协会
O.A., N.A.
戒暴食匿名协会,戒药匿名协会
Pick your anonymous, hmm?
就是某个匿名协会
The 30 represents 30 days.
三十代表着三十天
The six represents six months.
六意味着六个月
Sobriety chips.
戒瘾者勋章
Yeah, some people in recovery ink themselves
有些戒瘾的人喜欢在身上盖章
to commemorate certain milestones.
做里程碑来纪念
I, myself, find that practice idiotic.
我觉得这种行为很白痴
Chips are plastic and thin for a reason.
勋章用单薄的塑料来做是有原因的
They're fragile, easily lost.
它们脆弱,容易丢
Just like the sobriety they represent...
就像是它们所代表的清醒状态一样
Anyway, fortunately for us,
不管怎样,我们算是幸运
our man's hubris might help us identify him.
此人的自大也许能帮我们确定他的身份
Why do I get the feeling we're about to hit up
为什么我感觉我们要去
some support group meetings in Hempstead?
亨普斯特德参加互助会了
Hey. How's it going?
怎么样了
Not well.
没进展
His face has yet to ring a bell.
他这张脸没引起任何人的印象
Are you all right?
你还好吗
This was a mistake. It was your idea.
这是个错误,这是你出的主意
It-it's an utter violation of the proud traditions
这严重侵害了这些聚会的
of these meetings.
光荣传统
They're meant to be anonymous.
他们本应保持匿名的
And here we are, asking these attendees
而我们却到这里,向他们询问
to identify one of their own.
他们其中某个人的身份
Hmm, I-I-I did not think this through.
我没有考虑太清楚
We are trying to save a woman's life here.
我们正在拯救一个女人的生命
And so is Marcus at the meeting he went to.
去参加其他互助会的马库斯也一样
The people that I talk to, they get that.
和我聊过的人,都理解这一点
I don't think you should've interfered.
我觉得你不该进行干涉
With what? With Lestrade.
干涉什么,干涉雷斯垂德
The files you requested, obviously they were for him.
你要的那些案宗,明显是给他的
He was the victim of a mugging.
他也是抢劫的受害者
And you think that putting him on the trail of the culprit
而你觉得让他去解决连环抢劫
will simultaneously solve his crisis of confidence
能够同时解决他的自信危机
and drag him out of whatever bottle he's crawled into.
把他从自己挖的深渊里拖出来
Wait, how did you know about that?
等下,你怎么知道的
I have a nose, Watson.
我有鼻子,华生
And eyes and ears.
有眼睛和耳朵
If he wasn't concerned about his prospects,
如果他不是担心他的前途
his stay with us would've only lasted a few days.
他也就只会和咱们住几天而已
He's lost without me.
他离开我就迷失自我了
I don't understand. If you knew about it,
我不明白,既然你知道了
why didn't you try and talk to him, try and help him?
为什么不去和他谈谈,帮帮他
I have been helping him.
我一直在帮助他
By allowing him to bottom out.
我在让他绝处逢生
I told him of my concerns regarding his problems
在我们在伦敦的时候
while you and I were in London.
我告诉过他对他状况的担忧
He chose to ignore me.
他选择不理会我
He became the myrmidon of a wealthy pervert.
他去当了淫荡富豪的走狗
Shockingly that didn't turn out.
令人吃惊地没有坚持下去
So now I'm of the firm opinion the next move should be his.
所以我很坚定让他自己走下去
Even if that next move is implosion?
即便是自暴自弃
I imploded. Look at me.
我自暴自弃过,看看现在的我
All I did was put him on a case. I put him
我不过是给他了一个案子,在我们还在
on many a case when we were in Scotland Yard.
苏格兰场的时候,我给过他很多案子
Look how that turned out.
有什么成果吗
Are you saying that he shouldn't be a detective anymore?
你是说他不该再当侦探了吗
I'm saying that I believe he needs
我是说,我认为他需要
to find his way out of this himself.
自己走出困境
The meeting's gonna start.
互助会要开始了
Let's go.
走吧
Hold on. Hmm?
等一下,怎么
You know that woman?
你认识那个女人吗
I think we both do.
我想我们都认识
She's had a bit of work done, but not enough
她做了些手术,但还不足以
to conceal her true identity. At least not from me.
隐藏她真正的身份,至少瞒不了我
It's Sarah Cushing.
是莎拉·库欣
Yeah.
是的
Alive.
还活着
And not in the least bit kidnapped.
完全没有被绑架
And if I'm not mistaken,
而且如果我没弄错的话
in firm possession of both of her ears.
两只耳朵也完好无损
You're right. I am Sarah Cushing.
不错,我是莎拉·库欣
I was her, anyway.
我曾经是她
I go by Allison Drake now.
我现在叫艾利森·德里克
I have for years.
已经好几年了
Everything Gordon told the police in 2010 was true.
戈登在2010年跟警方说的都是真的
I packed my bags and left with no warning.
我收拾好行囊不告而别
Our fights just kept getting uglier,
我们的争吵越来越厉害
and even when we weren't arguing,
甚至在我们不吵架的时候
I'd catch him just...
我也会看到他
staring at me.
盯着我
The look on his face...
他脸上的那个表情
It felt like he was going to hurt me.
让我觉得他要伤害我
You never reached out to the police,
你从来没有去找过警方
even after they began to suspect Gordon murdered you.
甚至在他们怀疑戈登谋杀了你之后也没有
Is that because you were still scared?
是因为你还是很害怕吗
I thought of different ways to come forward,
我想过各种澄清真相的方法
but every time I got close to doing it,
但每次我打算那么做之时
I'd think of that look.
我都会想起那副表情
I thought,
我觉得
Gordon's a determined man.
戈登是个很有决心的人
If he knew I was out there
如果他知道我还活着
and he wanted to find me...
而他决定找到我的话
I made a new life for myself out here.
我来这里展开新生活
I got sober,
我戒了酒
married a doctor.
跟一个医生结了婚
Ms. Cushing,
库欣女士
this man...
这个男人
managed to convince Gordon and the police
想办法说服了戈登和警察
that he'd kidnapped you.
是他绑架了你
Do you recognize him?
你认识他吗
Jim Browner.
吉姆·布朗纳
I met him here, in a meeting.
我是在这里遇见他的,一次互助会上
Somehow he figured out who I really was.
他不知怎么知道了我的真实身份
He blackmailed me for a while.
他勒索了我一阵子
I guess
我猜
he decided he could make more money
他大概认为告诉戈登他绑架了我
by telling Gordon he abducted me.
能够捞到更多钱吧
Jim's last ransom letter...
吉姆的最后一份勒索信
it contained two human ears in the package.
包裹中有两只人耳朵
The DNA matched yours, but your ears are fine.
DNA跟你的吻合,但你的耳朵完好无损
Actually, I-I think I might be able to explain that.
我想我大概能解释
A few years ago,
几年前
I saw a story on the news.
我在新闻里看到一篇报道
A woman's body turned up in a marsh.
在一片沼泽地里发现一具女尸
The police thought it might be mine,
警方认为那是我
so they compared DNA from the corpse
所以他们就把那具女尸的DNA
to hairs on a brush they took out of my bathroom.
跟我浴室里拿的梳子上的头发做对比
Only that brush wasn't mine.
只是那把梳子不是我的
I took mine with me when I left.
我离开的时候把我的梳子带走了
You think your husband was seeing someone else in 2010.
你认为你丈夫2010年还在跟别人约会
I think that brush belonged to the other woman.
我觉得那把梳子属于另一个女人
And those ears Gordon received...
而戈登收到的耳朵
whoever she is,
不管这女人是谁
they have to be hers.
耳朵应该是她的
Mr. Roscoe Pelfrey?
罗斯科·派弗瑞先生吗
Hello. Yes, my name's Gareth Lestrade.
你好,我的名字叫加莱斯·雷斯垂德
I'm a... I'm a detective.
我是一名侦探
I wondered if I might ask you a few questions
我希望能问你几个问题
about the man that mugged you.
关于抢劫你的那个男人
Did you get it?
你拿到了吗
Did the file open up all right?
文件正常打开了吗
Yeah, it's come through fine, Mr. Pelfrey.
是的,传过来很正常,派弗瑞先生
I'm just looking at it now, actually.
我正在看呢
It's like I told the cops:
就像我对警察说的那样
I came to New York for a sales convention.
我来纽约开一个销售会议
My wife's an architecture buff,
我妻子是一名建筑爱好者
so I made a video any time I saw something,
所以每次我看到她可能喜欢的建筑时
you know, I thought she'd like.
我都会拍下来
Everything you got! Give up right now!
把你所有的东西都交出来
Nope, never got his face.
不行,没拍到他的脸
Well, fella cracked me before I turned around.
那家伙在我转身之前就袭击了我
My camera fell into the gutter.
我的摄像机掉进水沟里了
That's the only reason I got it back.
也正因此我才能拿回摄像机
Can you think of anything at all
你能想起任何
that you haven't told the police, Mr. Pelfrey?
你没跟警方说过的事吗,派弗瑞先生
Anything that might help me find this man?
任何可能有助于我找到此人的事
Sorry. Maybe you'll have better luck
抱歉,也许你可以找另一个
with the other fella who got mugged.
被抢劫的人去碰碰运气
I know I locked up my gallery for the night
我只知道在他袭击我之前,天色将晚
before he got to me,
我把画廊关门上锁了
but after that, everything's fuzzy.
但那之后我就记不清了
I got quite a bad concussion when my head hit the pavement.
我脑袋撞在人行道上,严重脑震荡
Well, don't worry about that, Mr. Phillips.
不用担心,菲利普斯先生
I think it's so admirable
我认为你想找到那家伙
that you're trying to find the man.
真是让人十分敬佩
You said you used to work for Scotland Yard, right?
你说你曾在苏格兰场工作,对吗
Right.
是的
That sounds so interesting.
听起来很有意思
Yeah, well, I suppose... I suppose it was, really.
是的,我想,我想是的
I have to say, I love your accent.
我得说,我喜欢你的口音
Maybe we could meet for coffee one night,
也许改天晚上我们可以一起喝杯咖啡
talk about something other than assault.
聊点袭击之外的事情
Well, I never try to mix
我从来不让工作
business with pleasure, Mr. Phillips, um...
和私生活混在一起,菲利普斯先生
Are you sure there's nothing else you remember
关于那晚的抢劫事件
about the night of the mugging?
你肯定自己记不起任何别的事了吗
Like I said, I was concussed.
我说过,我脑震荡了
When I came to on the sidewalk,
当我走到人行道时
there were a couple of Good Samaritans.
有一些好心人帮了我
And there was this yellow bicycle chained to a tree.
有一辆黄色自行车用链子栓在树上
I thought it was a big banana.
我以为那是个大香蕉
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Uh... sorry. Excuse me.
抱歉,等一下
You say...
你说
did you say a yellow bicycle?
你说有一辆黄色自行车
Is that right?
对吗
Yes, it was garish.
是的,很鲜艳
Big green handlebars.
大大的绿色车把
Can you blame me for thinking it was a banana?
把它当成香蕉能怪我吗
I'm sorry. I'm confused.
抱歉,我有点迷惑
Is the bicycle important?
那自行车很重要吗
Sarah's alive?
莎拉还活着
The ears... they're obviously not Sarah's.
那对耳朵,很显然不是莎拉的
How did they match her DNA?
怎么会和她的DNA吻合
She believes that the hairbrush
她觉得警察拿去
the police took for a DNA sample
做DNA取样的梳子
belonged to another woman.
是别的女人的
Perhaps a visitor to your bedroom?
或许是去过你卧室的什么人
Is that possible?
这可能吗
Yes.
是的
When things got truly miserable between us,
当我们俩关系变得特别糟糕之后
I started seeing someone else.
我开始和别人交往
You need to tell us about her.
你得跟我们说说她的情况
I... know less about her
关于她,我知道的
than you'd probably like.
可能比你们想象的要少
It was a professional engagement.
那是次职业的接触
Her first name was Kendra.
她的名字叫肯德拉
That was all I was ever given.
我就知道这些
She was blonde, just like Sarah was back then,
她是金发,就像莎拉当时一样
so I suppose the police
所以我想警察
could've mistaken her brush for Sarah's.
有可能错把她的梳子当成莎拉的了
We're gonna need her contact info.
我们需要她的联系方式
I can give you the name of the agency that referred her to me,
我可以告诉你们把她介绍给我的中介名字
but I don't think you're gonna have any luck.
但我觉得可能查不到什么
When Sarah disappeared
莎拉消失后
and I was named a suspect,
我被当成了嫌疑人
Kendra got frightened.
肯德拉害怕了
Stopped seeing me.
不再见我了
Changed all of her numbers.
把她的所有号码都换了
My contact at her agency said that she disappeared
她所在中介的联系人说她消失得很彻底
every bit as thoroughly as Sarah did.
就像莎拉一样
Do you think Sarah
不管肯德拉发生了什么
is behind whatever's happened to Kendra?
你觉得莎拉是幕后黑手吗
When I told you the other day
我那天说
that I never lied to the police, I meant it.
我从没跟警察撒过谎,我是说真的
When I said I spoke to Sarah on the phone in 2011...
我说我2011年跟莎拉通过电话
You meant that, too.
你也是说真的
You're referring to the original ransom demand.
你是指最初要求赎金的电话
She was in on it.
她当时参与了
She had to be.
一定是
And if she was part of it then,
如果她那时就参与了
she's part of it now.
那她现在一定也脱不了干系
Friends and family are still reeling
家人和朋友还震惊于
at the news that Sarah Cushing has turned up
莎拉·库欣完好无损地
alive and well on Long Island.
出现在长岛的消息
Her appearance has changed since 2010.
自2010年后,她的样貌发生了变化
And there are rumors that's compliments of the man
有流言说这是2012年和她结婚的医生
she married in 2012, plastic surgeon Dr. Steven Edelman.
整形外科斯蒂芬·埃德曼医生的手笔
Those rumors have yet to be confirmed.
这些流言尚未得到证实
Thank you, Toni.
谢谢,托尼
How long does it take to identify a bloody prostitute?
要找个妓女得花多长时间
Well, Marcus said he was going to call in an hour.
马库斯说他一个小时后会打电话
It's been... 45 minutes.
现在才过去,45分钟
To be fair, he only has a first name
说句公道话,他就知道一个名字
and a hair color.
及发色
Luxury.
很多了
I'll name that tart in 20 keystrokes.
我要给那种馅饼起个20个字母内的名字
So you think that Gordon is right.
你觉得戈登是对的
You think that Sarah is behind everything.
莎拉真的是一切的幕后黑手
Let's say she took advantage of his predicament in 2011.
可能她利用了他2011年的困境
If she did, she successfully extracted $1 million.
如果是,她成功诈取了一百万
Cut to the present day.
直到现在
She wants a second go-round.
她想再来一把
But she knows that Gordon won't just
但她知道戈登不会第二次
hand over the money a second time.
乖乖把钱送过去
He'll go to the police.
他会去找警察
She knows the truth
她知道
about the hairbrush in the police's possession.
警察手里的梳子到底怎么回事
She figured it out years ago.
她好几年前就知道
So she tracks down Kendra
所以她找到肯德拉
and she sends him a pair of ears that will match.
给他寄去了一双会吻合的耳朵
Genetically, at least.
至少基因吻合
Or he lied about getting that call in 2011,
或许是他谎称自己2011年接到了那通电话
and now that he knows that Sarah's alive,
现在他知道莎拉还活着
he's trying to get back at her
他想要报复她
for all the hell she put him through.
让他经历了那么多痛苦
In any case,
不管怎样
if we can determine where Kendra was taken from,
如果我们能确定肯德拉是从哪里被绑架的
we may find clues to the identity of her abductor.
我们可能会找到绑架人的线索
Have you heard from Lestrade today?
今天雷斯垂德跟你联系过吗
Oh, perhaps he's finally found his way to the gutter.
或许他终于自己找到贫民区去了
If he has, the work to rebuild him can begin in earnest.
如果是的话,重新塑造他的工作就真可以开始了
Have you done as I requested?
你按我的要求做了吗
Have you left him alone?
让他自己处理
I...
我...
It's Marcus.
是马库斯
Hello?
The escort service Cushing used doesn't exist anymore.
库欣找的那家招妓服务中介已经不在了
But a friend of mine from Vice was able to put me in touch
但我在扫黄组的一个朋友帮我联系上了
with one of the girls Kendra used to work with.
一个曾经和肯德拉一起工作过的女孩
And...?
然后呢
Kendra's real name was Kelly Tasker.
肯德拉的真名曾是凯莉·塔斯克
Emphasis on "Was."
注意是"曾是"
She died in a car wreck three years ago.
她三年前死于一场车祸
And she was cremated.
已经被火化了
So I don't know whose ears
所以我也不知道
Gordon Cushing got in the mail the other day,
戈登·库欣那天收到的耳朵是谁的
but they weren't hers.
但不是她的
Oh. You're still up.
你还没睡
Gordon Cushing received a pair of freshly severed ears
戈登·库欣两天前收到了一对
in the mail two days ago.
刚刚被割下的人耳
They were a DNA match for hairs
耳朵的DNA和被认为
taken from a brush believed to belong to Sarah Cushing.
从莎拉·库欣的梳子上取下的头发DNA相符
Only the brush wasn't hers.
只是那梳子并不是她的
Gordon says it could only belong to Kelly Tasker,
戈登说那只可能是凯莉·塔斯克
AKA Kendra,
又名肯德拉的
only she's been dead for years.
只是她死去好几年了
Obviously, the ears weren't hers.
很显然,耳朵也不是她的
So the question remains:
所以问题依然是
whose ears were they?
耳朵到底是谁的
When I went to bed, you were working upstairs,
我上床的时候,你在楼上工作
and now you are camped out down here
现在你却跑到楼下客房旁边
right next to the guest room.
来安营扎寨
Any chance it's because you're worried about Gareth?
是不是因为担心加莱斯
I'm here, Watson, because this is where
我之所以在这里,华生,是因为
we keep the food, and I'm hungry.
我们把食物放在这里,而我饿了
You're not eating.
你又没在吃东西
I'm awaiting a breakthrough.
我在等突破
Once I have one, I shall eat that banana.
有了突破,我就吃了那根香蕉
I've been thinking about what you said.
我一直在想你说的话
About leaving him alone.
关于让他自己处理
I get it. Sort of.
我明白,算是吧
I mean, I have to think that there are better ways
我觉得除了让他绝处逢生之外
of helping him out than letting him bottom out.
还有更好的方法能帮他
As I already pointed out...
我已经说过...
Yes, you bottomed out. I know.
你绝处逢生过,我知道
But he is not you. He is your friend.
但他不是你,他是你的朋友
And I don't think you should be afraid
我觉得你不该害怕
of helping him.
帮助他
New suspect?
新的嫌疑人吗
His name...
他的名字...
was Alphonse Bertillon,
叫阿方斯·伯迪隆
and he invented the mug shot.
他发明了面部照片
He was French, a policeman.
他是法国人,是个警察
He grew frustrated that there was no system
因为没有一个系统能让
by which he and his colleagues
他和他的同事们认出
could identify captured criminals
以前逮捕过的罪犯
they had arrested before.
所以他很郁闷
So he devised one.
然后他就发明了一个
He began cataloguing them by their physical features,
他以他们的生理特征来给他们分类
and he soon noticed something quite unusual
很快他就发现了人耳
about the human ear.
是不同寻常的
No two are alike.
没有两只耳朵是一样的
They are as unique as fingerprints.
它们就像指纹一样独特
This is why mug shots are taken in profile.
这就是为什么罪犯入案要拍面部照片
He believed it crucial to capture
他认为拍到耳朵的全貌
a full view of the ear.
是非常重要的
That's very interesting.
真有意思
Why is his picture here?
为什么他的照片在这
Because this case has forced me to confront
因为这个案子让我不得不怀疑
the possibility that he was wrong.
他可能是错的
Note the lobes, the thickness of the helices,
看看这耳垂,耳轮的厚度
the depth of the conchae.
和外耳的深度
Mmm, they're identical.
一模一样
And yet Monsieur Bertillon
但伯迪隆先生
would tell us that's impossible.
会告诉我们那是不可能的
Okay, let's say you're right about Sarah.
好吧,我们假设你关于莎拉是对的
Let's say she is behind everything.
我们假设是她在幕后谋划一切
She found someone who had ears that looked like hers.
她找到了跟她耳朵很像的人
She kidnapped that person,
她绑架了那个人
and then she sent her ears to Gordon.
然后把她的耳朵寄给戈登
Can you imagine the time and effort it would take one person
你能想象要找到跟一个人耳朵一样的人
to find his or her ear twin?
要花多少时间和精力吗
Assuming such a thing even exists?
如果这种事真的存在的话
Okay, let's say she did. It still wouldn't explain
好吧,假设她做到了,那还是无法解释
how that person's DNA could work its way onto a brush
那个人的DNA是如何出现在一把
recovered from a crime scene in 2010.
从2010年的犯罪现场采集到的梳子上的
The news report we watched earlier,
我们之前看的新闻报道
it said that Sarah's new husband was a plastic surgeon,
说莎拉的现任丈夫是个整形医生
did it not?
对吧
Yes. Why?
对,怎么了
There once was a man named Shawn Menck.
曾经有个人叫肖恩·门克
His home smelled so bad it done stank.
他的家,臭气熏天
He rode on his bike, he took what he liked,
他骑着自行车,四处抢钱
and his head was thick as a plank.
但他有个木头脑袋,愚蠢无边
Now, that is how long I've been sitting here
我已经坐在这儿等候多时
waiting for you, Shawnee, to come home.
肖恩,你终于回来了
Enough time to write a limerick.
时间久得我都写了一首诗了
I don't know who you are,
我不知道你是谁
but you got about five seconds...
但你有五秒钟...
Do you have any earthly idea, mate, how ugly your bicycle is?
你知不知道你的自行车有多丑
I mean, it's ridiculous.
简直太夸张了
I only showed the picture to ten people in this neighborhood
我只给附近的十个人看了它的照片
before I traced it back to you.
就足以找到你
Now, you work for the local Indian restaurant
你为街角的印度饭店
around the corner making deliveries.
做送外卖的工作
When you make those deliveries,
当你送外卖的时候
you mug people. Now, how do I know this?
你就抢劫,我是怎么知道的呢
Your ugly bicycle was seen at the scene of two of the crimes.
你那辆丑车子在两个犯罪现场被看见过
Now, I didn't notice it when you mugged me, of course,
当然,在你抢我之前我没有注意到
'cause quite frankly, well, I was in my cups.
坦白地讲,我当时喝多了
Listen, man...
听着,伙计...
All three robberies occurred
三起抢劫案都发生在
inside the delivery radius
你值班时的
and when you were on a shift.
送外卖范围内
And not only that--
不光如此
I mean, I discovered when I broke in here,
当我闯进你家时我发现了
mounds of evidence, including my very own wallet.
成堆的证据,包括我自己的钱包
You know, I found the whole experience
这一切让我觉得
completely underwhelming. I mean...
一点都不刺激,我是说...
I thought there'd be a bit more cloak-and-dagger,
我以为案子会更加复杂一点的
a bit more thrill of the chase, but no, no.
会有更多追逐的乐趣,但是没有
In fact, I'm actually more depressed now
实际上,我现在比开始时
than I was when I first started.
更加抑郁了
So, now, what I'm gonna ask you for, Shawnee, is, uh...
所以,肖恩,现在我要向你
is for my money back.
要回我的钱
So I can leave here and I can go to the pub
然后我就可以离开这儿,去酒吧
and buy myself a nice, refreshing pint.
好好地喝一杯了
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, don't do that.
不不不,别这样
No creeping up on me this time, mate.
这次不会让你再偷袭我了,伙计
Really?
搞错没
Come on.
太弱了
We appreciate you coming in.
很感谢你能来
Of course.
当然
You said on the phone you had some questions?
你们在电话里说有几个问题
Uh, we do. First among them,
是的,第一个问题是
would you be so kind as to stand up and, uh, touch your toes?
你能站起来,然后弯腰摸到脚趾吗
A simple enough command, and yet it confounds you.
一个很简单的要求,但你做不到
Very well. Question number two:
很好,第二个问题
Can we take a look at your back?
我们能看一下你的后背吗
I don't know what's going on here,
我不知道你们在干什么
but I don't think this is very funny.
但我不觉得这很有趣
You don't want us to see your back, because then
你不想让我们看你的后背,因为
we would see the surgical scars.
我们会看到手术的伤口
That's why you've been sitting with your back so straight, isn't it?
那就是你坐着的时候背挺得很直的原因,对吗
The tissue's still healing,
组织还在愈合过程中
and you do not wish to agitate it.
你不想把伤口扯开
I had some cancer removed a few days ago.
我几天前做了癌症切除手术
Let me guess. Two growths...
让我猜猜,是两个...
looked a lot like these?
长这样的东西吧
I don't know...
我不知道...
Last night, I was wondering
昨晚,我在想
how those ears could be a genetic match for strands
这些耳朵为何会和你的浴室里
of hair on a brush taken from your bathroom.
那把梳子上的头发基因匹配
You said the brush was not yours.
你说那把梳子不是你的
And yet those ears, identical to your own,
但那些耳朵,跟你的一模一样
and as I've already said, the DNA's a match.
就像我说的, DNA是匹配的
Then it occurred to me, you lied when you said
然后我突然想到,你说梳子是别人的
the brush belonged to someone else. It was yours.
那是在说谎,那是你的梳子
The ears are yours, too, right?
耳朵也是你的,对吧
It's just they didn't come from your head.
只是它们不是从你脑袋上割下来的
You realize how crazy this all sounds?
你知道这听起来有多疯狂吗
People thought Dr. Charles Vacanti was crazy
在查尔斯·范甘迪医生1997年
when he grew what looked like a human ear
在白鼠背上培育出一只人耳时
on the back of a lab mouse in 1997.
人们也觉得他很疯狂
I, myself, did not.
但我不这么觉得
Ears are mostly cartilage, which means
耳朵基本都是软骨构成的,也就是说
they're very difficult to repair once damaged.
一旦被毁坏就很难修复
They also have a very complicated shape.
而且它们的形状很复杂
Dr. Vacanti devised a method for growing human cartilage
范甘迪医生发明了一种在可降解
on a biodegradable ear-shaped scaffold.
耳形支架上培育人体软骨的方法
You place the scaffold beneath the subject's skin,
在宿主的皮肤下植入支架
and it dissolves over time,
它会慢慢溶解
leaving nothing but the cartilage.
最后只剩下软骨
If you're not familiar with the process,
如果你对这些不熟悉
I encourage you to bend your husband's ear.
可以去跟你丈夫聊聊
Not only is he a plastic surgeon;
他是名整形医生
he's done this kind of work before. We checked.
而且以前也做过这种手术,我们查证过
He built two scaffolds that looked just like your ears,
他搭建了一对跟你耳朵一模一样的骨架
and then planted them in your back.
然后移植到你背上
Three days ago, he cut them off
三天前,他把它们切除下来
and he sent them to your ex.
寄给了你前夫
After that, it was a matter of collecting the ransom.
接下来,就剩收赎金了
A task for which you recruited the late Jim Browner.
所以你才雇了吉姆·布朗纳
He didn't figure out who you were.
他根本不知道你的身份
You told him when you made him your accomplice.
是你让他入伙时自己告诉他的
This is a court order to collect a DNA sample
法院下令取得你的DNA样本
to compare to the ears in the box.
跟盒子里的耳朵进行比对
One way or the other,
不管用什么方法
we're gonna prove they came from you.
我们都会证明它们是从你身上来的
Lestrade? Yes. What's going on?
雷斯垂德吗,对,怎么了
Sherlock, Joan.
夏洛克,乔恩
Please, sir, take a seat.
二位请坐吧
Now, first off, I want you to know that there's no hard feelings.
首先,希望你们别难过
I know that you tried to put one over on me.
我知道你们一手设计了这些
And I know it was done with the best intentions.
虽然是出于一片好意
Right. So, I captured Shawn Menck today.
对,我今天抓到了肖恩·门克
He was the man that robbed me.
就是他抢了我
Oh, that's fantastic, Gareth.
真是太好了,加莱斯
Yeah, well, it would have been had he not been handed to me on a silver platter.
如果他不是被人直接送上门给我的,那才是真好
Yeah. I spoke to his two other victims today--
今天我还跟他抢过的另两个人通过电话
Mr. Pelfrey, Mr. Phillips--
派弗瑞先生和菲利普斯先生
and they, you'll be shocked to hear,
令人异常惊讶的是,他们俩
were actually extremely helpful.
帮了我很大的忙
Miraculously so, really.
简直是奇迹一般
Are you approaching anything resembling a point?
你有什么确切的结论要说吗
Yes, you got to these files first,
有,是你先看了这些档案
didn't you, Sherlock, hmm?
对吧,夏洛克
You figured out the bit about the bike.
你找到了自行车的线索
And then you doctored these files
接着篡改了资料
so when I called Pelfrey and Phillips,
于是当我打电话给派弗瑞和菲利普斯时
I was in fact calling you instead.
其实是打给了你
What is he talking about?
他在说什么呢
Oh, you know, Joan, you can, you know, drop the act now.
乔恩,你可以不用再装了
What act?
装什么
You really don't know, do you? Know what?
你真的不知道,知道什么
Well, your partner here
你的这位搭档
decided to give me a shot in the arm.
想要帮我
He'd get me back on the horse.
他要让我重新振作
He spoon-fed me the clues so I could find Menck.
他把线索挨个递到我面前好让我能找到门克
Gareth, those files were my idea. He didn't even...
加莱斯,给你档案是我的主意,他根本不...
You don't know him like I know him.
你没有我了解他
In fact, you don't know how well he knows you.
事实上,你不知道他有多了解你
You and your voices, Sherlock.
你还有你的声音,夏洛克
I don't know who I preferred more, actually,
我都不知道我更喜欢哪一个了
Pelfrey or Phillips.
是派弗瑞还是菲利普斯
Though I have to say that asking me out
不过我得说邀请我去喝杯咖啡
for a cup of coffee was a really nice touch.
真是点睛的一笔
I was actually quite flattered, to be honest.
说实话,我受宠若惊
You should have seen me there, though,
但你真应该看看
sitting there, Shawn Menck's apartment.
我坐在肖恩·门克家里
I just couldn't believe how easy it was
我简直不敢相信找到这些证据
to find all of that evidence.
是多么易如反掌
Three of the wallets sitting neatly stacked
三个钱包整整齐齐地摆在
on a little table.
小桌子上
I thought it was impossible.
我都觉得不可思议
But then... just as I was about to leave,
但就在我准备离开时
I found this.
我看到了这个
Yes.
没错
It's a rooster feather.
是支公鸡的羽毛
Just like the ones on your pets.
跟你家宠物身上的一样
You'd set the table for me, hadn't you, Sherlock?
是你把一切都为我准备好了,对吧,夏洛克
But you just done too good a job of it.
但是你做得太完美了
You see, if I hadn't found this,
要不是发现了这个
I'd still be out moping around this Brownstone
我还在褐石屋里悲天悯人
with a right old bog on. But no,
踟蹰不前,但现在不了
thanks to seeing through a plot devised
看穿了伟大的夏洛克·福尔摩斯
by the great Sherlock Holmes, I have decided
精心布下的局,我决定
to give detecting one last chance.
最后尝试一次做侦探
So I accepted a job this morning.
所以我今早接受了一份工作
Yeah, it's a consultant position with the Garda in Cork.
在科克(爱尔兰地名)给爱尔兰警察做顾问
Wait-- the Garda, as in the Irish National Police?
等等,爱尔兰警察
Yes, that's right. I leave tomorrow.
没错,我明天就启程
So I've got rather a lot of packing to do.
所以现在我要赶紧收拾行李
So if you'll excuse me.
先告辞了
Unless, of course, you want to continue
除非你想要继续
this ridiculous charade, Sherlock,
这场荒唐的猜谜游戏,夏洛克
I will quite happily stay.
那我也很乐意留下来
Well played, sir.
干得漂亮,先生
Well played.
很漂亮
Now... I wouldn't
现在我对
feel too bad about him leaving you in the dark, Joan.
他没告诉你这事感觉好多了,乔恩
I mean, you have to understand, of course,
当然你必须要明白
you are in the infancy of your partnership.
你们俩的搭档关系还很稚嫩
Having spent as much time as I did with him,
要是你像我这样跟他合作这么久
you'll figure him out as well.
你也会对他了如指掌的
Is that why you didn't want me
这就是你这些天
to help him these last couple of days,
不要我帮他的原因吗
because you had your own plan to build him up?
因为你另有计划帮他重新振作
I've never heard of Shawn Menck,
我从没听说过肖恩·门克
Roscoe Pelfrey or Carlton Phillips.
罗斯科·派弗瑞,或是卡顿·菲利普斯
I did not manipulate those files.
我也没篡改过那些档案
However easy it may have been,
不论这可能有多容易
Lestrade closed that case on his own.
但雷斯垂德是自己破案的
The conspiracy he's describing
他说的那些阴谋猜想
is a product of his obviously very fertile imagination.
全是因为他天马行空的想象力
As far as the feather that he found,
至于他找到的那支羽毛
that's a classic case of transference.
只是简单的地点转移
It fell from his clothes, not mine.
是从他衣服上掉下来的,而不是我的
But you just said...
可你刚才说...
What I thought would be most helpful to him.
只是说了我认为对他帮助最大的话
You were right.
你之前说得对
And the more he talked, the clearer it became.
他说得越多,事情就越清晰
In some cases,
在某些情况里
there are other ways to assist a friend.
帮助朋友确实有其他方法
So what does that one do once it ticks down?
那这个装置倒数完会怎样
Spray you with water, make a loud noise?
喷你一身水,还是发出很大声响
It explodes.
会爆炸
I told my colleague I wanted more of a challenge,
我跟那同事说想要多一点挑战
and he sent me this.
他就给了我这个
You're staying?
你准备留下吗
Mmm, what can I say? I have faith.
那当然了,我相信你

重点单词   查看全部解释    
blame [bleim]

想一想再看

n. 过失,责备
vt. 把 ... 归咎于,

联想记忆
gutter ['gʌtə]

想一想再看

n. 排水沟,槽,贫民区

联想记忆
investigate [in'vestigeit]

想一想再看

v. 调查,研究
[计算机] 研究

联想记忆
amusing [ə'mju:ziŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 有趣的,引人发笑的

 
thickness ['θiknis]

想一想再看

n. 厚度,一层,含混不清

 
partner ['pɑ:tnə]

想一想再看

n. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人
v. 同 ... 合

联想记忆
prospects

想一想再看

n. 预期;前景;潜在顾客;远景展望

 
original [ə'ridʒənl]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的

联想记忆
evidence ['evidəns]

想一想再看

n. 根据,证据
v. 证实,证明

联想记忆
agitate ['ædʒiteit]

想一想再看

v. 使 ... 摇动,骚动

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。