手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季(MP3+中英字幕) 第19集 狱医的牙模

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Holmes?

福尔摩斯
Holmes.
福尔摩斯
Thoughts?
有什么想法
Well, your working theory is obviously that
你目前的推论显然是
this man was interrupted in the performance of his duties
这位不幸的殡葬师在履行职责时遭遇行窃
by the thief, who then brained the unfortunate mortician
小偷猛击了他的头部
and made off with all of his clients' jewelry.
然后带着他客户身上所有的珠宝逃之夭夭
So how, then, do we explain these bite marks?
可那要怎么解释这些牙印呢
It's an oddly personal means of attack, is it not?
这种攻击方式太具私人恩怨了,对吧
Especially for a transaction conducted
尤其是对于这种纯粹
solely in the name of the profit motive.
出于谋财动机的犯罪来说
Yeah, we thought it was weird.
是啊,我们也觉得古怪
Maybe the robbery was just a cover?
也许抢劫只是假象
You said the owner found his body exactly like this, right?
这儿的负责人发现尸体时现场就这样,对吧
Excuse me, Detective.
打扰了,警探
Leslie Loughlin, from the 5-3 Squad.
我是莱斯利·洛克林,来自5-3分队
Oh, I'm Detective Bell.
我是贝尔警探
This is Holmes, Watson, our consultants.
这两位是我们的顾问,福尔摩斯,华生
What brings you down from the Bronx?
你从布朗克斯区过来有什么事
The M.O. you got here.
我听说了本案的作案手法
In the last couple of weeks,
过去两周内
we've had two young women turn up dead
我们发现了两具年轻女子的尸体
with bite marks on their shoulders.
她们的肩上都有牙印
Looks a lot like a pair of killings we thought we closed
手法很像我们在05年就了结的
back in '05, but...
一桩连环杀人案,但...
now I'm starting to think we got the wrong guy.
现在我开始怀疑我们当时抓错了人
Excuse me, you said young women with
抱歉,你是说肩上有牙印的
bite marks on their shoulders?
年轻女子尸体吗
Was this in Pelham? Yeah.
是发生在佩勒姆地区吗,是的
Anyway, I figured if my guy did this,
我想如果此案也是同一人所为
maybe the NYPD only needs one vampire hunter.
你们就不用浪费精力去追查了
This is not a murder.
这不是谋杀
It's an accidental death.
只是一起意外死亡
Mr. Robertson was standing on the table,
罗伯森先生当时站在桌上
and he fell off and hit his head.
不慎摔下来,撞到了头
The robber broke in several hours later.
几个小时后,有小偷光顾了这里
This... scent.
这股...味道
Do you smell that?
你们闻到了吗
Honestly, I've been trying not to breathe.
说实话,我一直在努力屏住呼吸
Well, if you did,
如果你使劲闻的话
you might detect the faintest trace of...
会在防腐液的味道里
marijuana laced with embalming fluid.
闻出一丝大麻的味道
When your toxicology report comes back,
我很肯定,验尸毒理报告会证实
I'm quite certain it will confirm that our young mortician here
这位年轻的殡葬师
was experimenting with "wet."
当时正在抽"湿毒"
The kick is something like, uh, PCP.
刺激的感觉类似苯环己哌啶(迷幻药)
So I'm told.
我听别人说的
So he was high.
所以他当时嗑嗨了
How, uh, how do you explain the biting?
那你怎么解释牙印
This young lady here.
是这位女士造成的
Our mortician has his shirt off as quite a...
殡葬师脱了上衣
quite a sensible precaution against the stink.
这是避免沾染尸臭的明智之举
He fell against her open mouth,
他摔倒时磕在她张开的嘴上
the weight caused her mandible to clamp...
她的下颌骨受到他体重的压力咬合,造成了牙印
Is the pin important?
这根针很重要吗
Oh, crucially so.
至关重要
We know that our robber gained access via bathroom window,
我们知道小偷是从洗手间的窗口爬进来的
but there's no evidence whatsoever
但却没找到
that he gained egress from the building.
他离开大楼的证据
I think he stumbled upon this scene just moments before the owner.
我认为他在负责人抵达前不久偶然看到这一幕
Not wishing to have to explain his role in this...
为免自己为这件杀人案背黑锅
the burglar sought a place to hide.
小偷找了个地方藏起来
Sorry.
抱歉
I mistook you for a corpse.
我还以为你是尸体
The good news is, you won't be charged
好消息是,你不会
with the murder of the mortician.
被指控谋杀殡葬师
But I'm guessing that the jewels in question
但我猜现场丢失的珠宝
are still in your possession.
还在你身上
Guess I wasted a trip.
看来我白跑一趟
Thank you for your time.
感谢你们的接待
This way. This way.
这边,这边
Detective Loughlin.
洛克林警探
That case in 2005...
2005年的案子
did it involve someone named Aaron Colville?
是不是和一个叫艾伦·科威尔的有关
Actually...yeah, it did. Do you remember it?
是,没错,你还记得吗
Can I take a look at your files?
我能看一下你的资料吗
Colville copped a plea to the two homicides back in '05.
科威尔承认在05年犯下两起杀人案
He died later that year.
没过多久他就去世了
Now, to me it looks like the bite marks
在我看来,最近两起案子的牙印
in these two most recent cases match the marks from '05.
和05年的案子高度一致
Which, considering Colville's been dead going on ten years,
但考虑到科威尔已经死了快十年
argues against him being the doer.
也许他并不是凶手
Can I make a copy of these files?
我能复印一下这些资料吗
Sure.
好的
Uh, do you mind if I ask your interest here?
介意我问一下为什么你对这个案子这么感兴趣吗
Were you involved in the original case?
当年的案子你也参与了吗
So the world wants us to be solemn.
外界都希望我们严肃一点
Right? We tackle big problems,
我们处理生死攸关的问题
we're surgeons, and so people feel better
我们是外科医生,如果我们举止庄重
if we have just the right demeanor.
病人也会感觉好些
And that's fine, that's fine out there.
这没问题,在外面没问题
But in here?
但在这里
This is where the rubber meets the road.
手术室里的表现才是最关键的
Now, the solemnity of the surgeon's work
无论我们在这里做什么
follows us into this room no matter what we do.
心中都无法忘记外科工作的严肃性
And it'll eat you up if you let it.
但过度在意只会让自己精疲力尽
So part of your job is...
所以你们要做的就是
not to let it, okay?
别太在意,好吗
Dr. Karthik?
卡蒂克医生
Dr. Watson.
华生医生
My gosh, it's been years.
天呐,好久不见
Yes.
是啊
So... it's nice to see you.
真高兴见到你
Uh... how's your practice?
你现在的工作如何
Uh, actually, I haven't practiced medicine since 2011.
其实我从2011年开始就没有行医了
Oh, really? Well, um...
真的吗,好吧
I'm sorry to hear that.
很遗憾听到这个
Thanks.
谢谢
Um, I'm here to talk about Aaron Colville.
我是来向你了解艾伦·科威尔的事
Okay, I... I am... not discussing Colville.
我不跟人讨论科威尔
What happened that night?
那晚发生了什么
Nothing happened that night.
那晚什么都没有发生
I treated my patient.
我治疗了我的病人
I was there.
我当时也在场
He might not have killed those women.
那些女人可能不是他杀的
We may have let an innocent man die.
我们可能让一个无辜的人就这么死了
Patient's coming out of Rikers with four stab wounds,
病人来自莱克斯监狱,四处刀伤
all punctures to the thoracic region. Give me the stats.
所有伤口都在胸部区域,告诉我体征数据
BP's 65/45.
血压是65/45
We hung two units on the way over,
我们在路上已经给他输了两单位的血
but he's losing a lot of blood. Can I see that?
但他失血太多了,能给我看看吗
The doc at Rikers gave me his chart.
莱克斯的狱医把他的资料给我了
Guy's name's Aaron Colville.
他叫艾伦·科威尔
From the news?
新闻里那个吗
Don't know if you saw on there or not,
不知道你有没有看到
but he's an organ donor.
他是个器官捐献者
Okay, on three.
好吧,我数三下
One, two, three.
一,二,三
Good.
很好
Okay...
好吧
Now, nurse, I need him intubated.
护士,我需要有人给他插管
And let's get his chest open.
把他的胸腔打开
What did he say?
他说了什么
Uh, nothing.
没什么
Come on, let's go.
来吧,开始
He's arresting.
他的心脏停跳了
Yeah, I'm looking right at it.
是,我看到了
Starting massage. Lynn...
开始做心脏复苏,琳
go get Dr. Reed, please.
去把里德医生叫来
Really? We might need her.
真的吗,我们可能需要她
If we can't bring him back,
如果我们救不回他的话
we're definitely going to need an extra set of hands.
我们肯定需要额外援手
Lynn, please. Go get Dr. Reed.
琳,快去把里德医生叫来
Dr. Fleming, he needs the epi.
弗雷明医生,他需要肾上腺素
Just hold on. Let me see if I can't get this going.
先别急,我看看能不能让他的心脏跳起来
He needs the epi.
他需要肾上腺素
All right, I'm calling it.
好吧,记录死亡时间
It's 1:04.
一点零四分
That epinephrine could've saved his life.
肾上腺素本可以救活他
We let him die.
我们却让他死了
We've been over this.
我们谈过这个了
I gave that man the same standard of care
我给他的救治手法
I provide anyone who comes through the doors of my O.R.
同所有进入我手术室的病人一样
I didn't even know who Aaron Colville was.
我压根不知道艾伦·科威尔是谁
A psychotic murderer, bludgeoning and biting women
一个精神病杀人犯,棍击并咬伤女人
ten blocks from the neighborhood where you lived and worked.
离你生活和工作的地方只有十个街区
I... I didn't make the connection till after he passed.
直到他死后我才把这些联系起来
Why are we talking about this?
我们为什么要谈这些
If you had an issue with my behavior,
如果你对我的行为不满
you should have filed a complaint.
你当时应该去投诉我
We're talking about a decade ago.
这事都过去十年了
Listen, I am consulting with the NYPD now.
听着,我现在是纽约警局的顾问
Police are investigating two new murders,
警方在调查两起新的谋杀案
and everything about them looks like the crimes
那两起案子和科威尔
that Colville was charged with.
曾被指控的案子几乎一样
Then it was a copycat.
那就应该是个模仿者
I mean, that's the term, right?
你们是这么叫吧
All the victims were bitten.
所有受害人都被咬了
We are waiting for official confirmation,
我们正在等警局正式确认
but it looks like the same bite marks to me.
但我觉得牙印是一致的
Okay, well,
好吧
if that's what you came here to say,
如果你来这里就是为了说这些
you know, consider me informed.
那我知道了
Listen.
听着
He said something to you that night.
那天晚上他跟你说了一些话
If there was any clue as to what he said,
万一他的话里有什么线索
if he thought he was being framed...
如果他觉得自己被陷害了...
Dr. Fleming, please.
拜托了,弗雷明医生
There's nothing anyone can do to you now.
现在没有人能伤害你
It wasn't anything like that.
没那回事
It was gibberish. Okay?
他当时在胡言乱语
He was coding, for God's sakes.
上帝啊,他当时都快不行了
What do you think, you're gonna set things right here?
你想怎样,要主持正义吗
Surgeons make calls, Joan.
外科医生有决定权,乔恩
It's part of the job.
那是工作的一部分
I-I do it all the time.
我一直都这么做
I don't lose sleep over it.
我不会因此良心不安你在哪
You know, you could just move the ladder, too, right?
你知道你可以挪一下梯子的吧
Here we are! Ha!
拿到了
You know, I've been cursing Ms. Hudson for misplacing this.
我一直怪哈德森女士把这书放错了位置
Turns out she's recategorized it under historical meteorology.
原来她把这书归为历史气象学类别了
Clever.
真聪明
Tradewinds and Ocean Currents, first published in 1914.
《信风和洋流》1914年第一次出版
Out of print, if you can believe it.
已经绝版了,你能相信吗
That's a travesty.
真滑稽
You jest, but this atlas may soon come in very handy.
玩笑随你开,但这本图集可能很快会派上用场
I do wish you wouldn't leave my texts unanswered.
我真希望你不要不回我短信
Well, I do wish that you wouldn't keep writing
我真希望在我不回的时候
when I don't respond.
你不要一直发
We have an offer to consider.
我们有个工作邀请
Several of the trust fund brats
几个在大学时和麦考夫
that Mycroft aligned himself with at university
常混在一起的富二代们
are underwriting a treasure hunt of sorts.
想去参加一次寻宝之旅
An expedition in search of a sunken ship.
一次寻找沉船的探险
And we've been invited.
我们被邀请了
Are you serious?
你是认真的吗
Our quarry, the S.S. Waratah,
我们的目标, S.S.华尔特号
has been called Australia's Titanic.
被称为是澳大利亚的泰坦尼克号
It is, unquestionably,
它毫无疑问是
the most famous missing shipwreck.
最有名的失踪船只
It disappeared in 1909
它失踪于1909年
carrying 211 souls
载有211名乘客
and a safe stuffed full of their valuables.
以及满满塞着他们财物的保险箱
Now, I'm not suggesting we be motivated
倒不是说我们去找这艘船
by anything as vulgar as an enormous finder's fee,
是为了其巨额悬赏
but I just thought you might like to bid adieu
我只是想你也许愿意
to our 17th straight month of winter
和这里第十七个寒冬告别
and join me in sunnier climes for a week.
和我一起到暖和的地方待一周
That sounds fun.
听起来不错
You should go.
你应该去
It's only fun in the right company.
要有合意的同伴才有趣
Where did you disappear to?
你刚去哪里了
So, Aaron Colville took a plea bargain in 2005
艾伦·科威尔在2005年接受了认罪协议
and was then stabbed to death in prison.
后来在监狱里被捅伤而亡
Here we are nine years later.
九年时间过去了
Two new murders appear to have been committed.
发生了两起新的谋杀案
Well, you know, as I always say,
像我常说的
bite-mark analysis is only slightly more scientific
分析牙印的科学性只比
than casting chicken bones about to see the future.
掷鸡骨头预测未来多那么一点点
But I'm unaware of any case
但我从没见过哪个案子里
where two suspects have identical teeth.
两位嫌疑人的牙齿完全相同
I suppose we should proceed under the assumption that
我觉得我们应该假设
the same party is responsible for both sets of murders.
两起谋杀案的凶手是同一个人
So, Aaron Colville was innocent?
所以艾伦·科威尔是无辜的吗
Of these particular crimes, probably.
对这几起案件来说,大概是的
But there is a reason he was a suspect.
但他被列为嫌犯是有原因的
You seem distressed. Why?
你看起来很难过,为什么
Well, I just stood there and watched him die.
因为我当时就站在那,看着他死去
You... Watson, you didn't stab Aaron Colville on Rikers Island.
华生,不是你在莱克斯监狱捅死了艾伦·科威尔
Nor did you fail to administer the epinephrine shot
也不是你没判断好肾上腺素的注射
in what you judged to be a timely fashion.
你的判断还是很及时的
That was your colleague, your superior.
是你的同事,你的上级造成的
Yes. So what would've happened
是的,所以如果
if you had filed a complaint against your attending surgeon?
你投诉那个主治医师会发生什么
Do you think that would've been wise?
你觉得那样会比较明智吗
"Wise"?
明智
Does that matter?
那重要吗
Of course it matters. You're chastising yourself
当然重要,你现在因为十年前
for failing to make a futile gesture a decade ago.
没有做徒劳的努力而惩罚自己
Anyway,
不管怎么说
your feelings are trivial
你的感受没那么重要
'cause we have a murderer to catch.
因为我们还有凶案要调查
The bite mark, timeless expression
牙印,一直都表达出
of the frustration of impotence.
对无能为力的绝望
And for us, a stroke of luck.
而对我们来说,是找出凶手的良机
Our man did not leave a suitable DNA sample,
这个人并没有留下符合的DNA样本
but he did sign his work.
但他的确留下了犯罪痕迹
And as soon as we match these to a person,
只要我们找到符合的人
we can put this behind us.
我们就搞定了
Well, it's not that easy.
这活并不简单
There's no law enforcement agency
没有法律强制要求机构
that keeps a database of dental records.
保存牙医治疗的数据
No, they're medical records, and that would be illegal.
对,那些是医疗记录,那样做是违法的
And that's why they use consultants.
这就是他们使用顾问的原因
We'll need someone with state-of-the-art computing skills.
我们需要有顶尖计算机技术的人
What?
什么
My regular contact in London has forsworn the practice.
我在伦敦的熟人曾发誓不做这个了
Something about not wanting to go to jail.
大概是不想进监狱
So we'll have to contact them.
所以我们得尝试联系"他们"了
I thought we left on good terms with Everyone.
我以为我们和"人人"黑客关系还不错
Well, as far as you can be on good terms
说到和幼稚的黑客匿名组织
with an anonymous collective of immature hackers,
保持良好的联系
we did.
我们还行
They are still an anonymous collective of immature hackers.
但他们终究是幼稚的匿名黑客
If we come to them, cap in hand, asking for medical records,
如果我们恭敬地去寻求帮助,要医疗记录
they're always gonna have their price.
狮子大开口是必然的
I don't get it.
我没弄懂
You don't have to get it.
你不需要懂
Do you need ice yet? No.
你需要冰敷吗,不用
They're already an hour late.
他们已经迟到一小时了
I don't know how much more of this you can take.
我不知道你还能挨多少次打
Sorry, sorry, one go a day. Sorry.
抱歉,一天只能打一次
What about my boys?
那我兄弟们怎么办
All right, come on.
好吧,来吧
Happy hunting.
追凶愉快
These are transparencies taken from the dental records
这些是从"人人"提供的牙医记录里
provided by Everyone. The photograph, of course,
提取的幻灯片
depicts bite marks left by our killer.
这张照片是凶手的齿痕
This one's close, but the lateral incisor is crooked.
这张很接近,但侧切牙弯曲了
Just a few thousand more to go.
还有几千张需要看
27,000.
两万七千张
An overwhelming majority of killers
绝大部分凶手
strike within three miles of their primary residence.
都会在住处三英里范围内作案
While it's true that we're looking for a psychopath,
虽然我们找的人是个精神病人
it's unlikely that he commuted to the next borough
他也不大可能为了看牙
for his dental care.
就跑到另一个镇上去
One of the hundreds in the Bronx most likely flosses our madman.
所以布朗克斯的几百人里最可能有凶手
Why don't you rest? I'll take the first shift.
你去休息吧,我先来看
As you wish.
好的
Hey, wake up!
醒醒
Take a look at this slide.
看这张幻灯片
We got him.
我们找到他了
It appears we do.
看起来是的
His name is Alan Vikner, 52.
他叫阿兰·维克,五十二岁
He is a patient at Olinville Dentistry,
他是奥林维莱牙科的患者
which happens to be within a mile of both recent murders.
那儿正好在最近两起凶案一英里的范围内
As is his mailing address.
他的家庭住址也是
He's an ex-con, served four years for aggravated assault.
他有前科,因为故意伤害罪服刑四年
Must be a new patient.
肯定是新患者
One visit, no X-rays.
只去过一次,没有X光片记录
Someone should teach him the importance of regular checkups.
有人该去教教他定期看牙医的重要性
And not killing people.
还有不要杀人
The officer who brought me in said
带我来的警官说
you found my prints at the scene of a murder.
你们在案发现场发现了我的指纹
That isn't possible.
这不可能
I'm living clean now.
我早就改过自新了
I'm a deacon at my church.
现在我还是教堂助祭
Not your prints, Alan.
不是你的指纹,阿兰
Your bite marks.
是你的牙印
Oh, thank God.
谢天谢地
You relieved to see these pictures?
你看到这个松了口气
I told you, you had the wrong guy.
我就说你们抓错人了
Lots of people make these bite marks.
很多人牙印都是这样
I got my teeth knocked out
在纽盖特劳改监狱服刑的时候
in a fight in the yard at Newgate Correctional.
我跟人打架,把牙齿打掉了
They gave me these.
监狱就给我安了副假牙
This doesn't make any sense.
这就说不通了
Aaron Colville had all of his own teeth when he died.
艾伦·科威尔死时,并没有牙齿缺失
You can put those back in your mouth.
你可以把假牙带上了
Colville was in Newgate from 2001 to 2004--
科威尔01年到04年在纽盖特监狱服刑
that's one year before the first murders.
第一起谋杀案发生在05年
And it also coincides with Mr. Vikner's stay.
他和维克先生服刑时间一样
How did you wind up with a set of dentures that match a killer's?
你怎么会有一副与杀手相同的假牙
I can't tell you that, but these are standard issue up there.
这我可不知道,但这在监狱非常普遍
Colville was the model.
科威尔的牙是原型
The prison dentist used his teeth
监狱牙医用他的牙
to make a model set of dentures.
做了一个假牙模型
God only knows how many sets of Colville's teeth are out there.
天知道到底有多少人用了科威尔的齿模
I've only been the dentist here for a few years.
我才在这做了几年牙医
But the prison system doesn't provide inmate with dentures.
监狱不给犯人装假牙
It just... we don't have the funds.
我们,没有资金
Official policy is to pull problem teeth.
官方政策是把问题牙齿拔掉
We've just seen a set of dentures which originated in this office.
我们见了几个在这补过牙的人
Uh, the guy who had the job before me,
在我之前在这工作的医生
his name was Conrad Nolan.
叫康拉德·诺兰
And he was-I don't... I don't know-- a saint.
他有点,我也说不清,圣母的感觉
He took it on himself to manufacture dentures on his own.
他自行给患者制造假牙
God love him, but I have kids to go home to at the end of the day.
上帝保佑他,但我下班后还要照顾小孩
Do you have Dr. Nolan's contact information?
有诺兰医生的联系方式吗
Uh, he died a few years ago.
他几年前死了
Pancreatic cancer. Hold on a second.
胰腺癌,等一下
Stan?
斯坦
Yeah? Come here a second.
怎么了,过来一下
This is Stan Divac,
这是斯坦·迪瓦兹
and he's one of my assistants.
我的助手之一
He's been here a lot longer than I have.
比我待的时间还久
Used to work for Dr. Nolan.
曾经和诺兰医生一起工作过
Can you tell us about your denture program?
能说说你们的假牙项目么
Wouldn't really call it a "Program."
也算不上是项目
Dr. Nolan didn't like the idea of grown men gumming their food,
诺兰医生不喜欢让成年人用牙床咀嚼
and he figured out a way to make them
所以他想出一种办法
cheap enough so he could foot the bill himself.
既帮犯人补牙又能负担其开销
And they modeled the dentures
所以用犯人艾伦·科威尔的牙齿
after an inmate named Aaron Colville?
做了一个齿模吗
Maybe. Uh, Dr. Nolan picked someone with a good set of teeth.
可能吧,诺兰医生找了个牙齿好的人
I don't think Doc Nolan even told the guy he did it.
估计他都没告诉当事人
He just made the dentures based on an impression he took.
就照齿模做了假牙
How many sets of dentures
有多少人使用了
did you distribute based on the model?
这个齿模补牙
Maybe eight?
大概八个
Ten?
或者十个
All these guys have Aaron Colville's teeth?
这么多人的牙齿和艾伦·科威尔一样吗
The warden let us sift through the inmate medical records.
典狱官让我们查看了犯人的医疗记录
We pulled every prisoner
我们找出了所有
who had been fitted for a full set of dentures.
符合现场牙印的犯人
Eight suspects?
八个嫌疑人
Actually we are down to four.
已经把范围缩小到四个了
Alan Vikner has an alibi.
阿兰·维克有不在场证明
Tash is dead.
塔什死了
And Lalayanis and Parker
拉拉那斯和帕克
have been locked up the whole time.
这段时间一直未出狱
The remaining four settled near the city after their release.
四个被释放的犯人都在城市附近居住
Bring them in.
把他们找来
I'll tell Detective Loughlin that she whiffed in '05
我会告诉洛克林警探她05年抓错了人
and we've brought in a set of fresh eyes.
我们找到了新的犯罪嫌疑人
I'll also let the commissioner know
我也会把这事告诉局长
he'd better warm up to lawyers.
他可能需要和律师提前说说好话
Lawyers?
律师
We're about to re-open a couple of homicide cases from '05.
我们要重新调查05年的几起命案
Every plaintiff's attorney in the city is gonna be lining up to sue
城里所有原告律师都会等着
on behalf of Aaron Colville's family.
代表艾伦·科威尔的家人进行指控
This good?
这样可以了吧
Yes, Mr. Pohlua.
好的,普路先生
Those are the dentures we're looking for.
这就是我们在找的假牙
You can stop smiling now.
你可以别笑了
Not bad, huh?
还不错,不是么
Very nice.
很好
You can look as long as you want.
你想看多久都行
But I think the dentures you're looking for
不过我想你要找的假牙
are right here.
其实在这里
You maintain more than one set of dentures?
你有不止一个假牙
The set I got in prison never fit very well.
在监狱装的那个不太好用
I replaced them as soon as I could.
一有机会我就换了
But I held on to them
但这个我还留着
to remind myself how bad it got when I was using.
提醒我自己当年堕落的吸毒史
Can you tell us where you were on the 12th and the 16th of last month?
上月12号和16号你在哪里
You said the 16th, right?
16号吗
Is it okay if I take my shirt off?
我能把衣服脱了吗
That's an inspiring story, Mr. Deer.
真是个感人的故事,迪尔先生
Unfortunately, it's not a suitable alibi.
不幸这并不是一个合适的不在场证明
You could've switched dentures.
也许你把假牙换回来了
Not really, though.
不可能
When I bought the case,
我买这个盒子时
I realized that the dentures was too tall for it.
我才意识到这副假牙牙齿太长
See?
能看到吗
I had to sand them down just to get them to fit in there.
我只好把它打磨了下
I couldn't wear them if I wanted to.
就算我想,也带不上
So...
看来...
shingles was no fun.
得带状疱疹可不好玩
But if the hospital stay takes me out of the running
但如果住院排除了我的嫌疑
in your manhunt, uh, it was worth it.
那也值了
You can go now, Mr. Pohlua.
你可以走了,普路先生
Aside from the fact I find your taste abhorrent,
虽然我觉得你的品位很恶心
it does appears you are, in fact, innocent.
但你的确是无辜的
I know that.
这我知道
How do you know that?
你怎么知道的
Your dentures are chipped.
你的假牙碎了
By the looks of your left bicuspid,
就你左边的双尖牙看来
you broke it several years ago,
你是几年前弄碎的
and you haven't stopped drinking coffee since.
而你之后一直保留了喝咖啡的习惯
So?
所以呢
You can go.
你可以走了
Three suspects interviewed,
询问了三个嫌疑人
three suspects exonerated.
都排除了
So, who's the guy we can't find?
我们没找到的是哪个
Daniel Escalante.
丹尼尔·艾斯卡拉特
Three arrests for aggravated sexual assault.
三次因重度性侵犯被捕
Apparently, he's no longer at the address parole has on file.
显然,他现在没住在假释记录的地址那了
Missed the last couple of meetings with his PO, too.
最近几次也没去假释官那报到
He's the only one left,
就剩他一个人了
so I guess he's our new lead suspect.
所以我看他就是我们新的主要嫌疑人了
Your medical records have arrived.
你的医疗记录到了
Why are you looking into the recent case history
你为什么要看乔纳森·弗雷明医生
of Dr. Jonathan Fleming?
近期经手的病历呢
Once again, opening my packages.
你又私自打开我的包裹了
We have enemies, Watson.
我们有敌人,华生
I needed to make sure there was nothing dangerous in here.
我得确保里面没有危险的东西
Well, when I went to see Dr. Fleming yesterday,
我昨天去见弗雷明医生的时候
he said he "Makes calls all the time""
他说他"总是有决定权"
There was just something about the way he said it.
他说话的方式有点不对劲
So you think he routinely denies adequate care
你觉得他习惯性地对他认为不值得的人
to people he deems unworthy?
不给予充分治疗吗
I don't know.
我不知道
Something just wasn't right.
就觉得有地方不对劲
I asked an old friend to copy some records for me.
我让一个老朋友帮我复印一些记录
So, unable to do anything about the unprovable incident
对自己亲眼所见无法证明的事故
that you witnessed personally,
无能为力
you thought you'd get to the bottom of some
所以你就想查清一些
that you weren't involved in at all.
你根本没有参与的事故
We're investigating the so-called "Colville murders."
我们在调查所谓的"科威尔谋杀案"
Once the police track down Daniel Escalante,
一旦警察找到丹尼尔·艾斯卡拉特
we'll most likely have the person responsible.
我们很可能就找到了凶手
Why is that not enough for you?
这对你来说不够吗
What were you thinking when the paramedics
急救人员把艾伦·科威尔
brought Aaron Colville into the operating room?
带进手术室的时候你在想什么
He was an organ donor.
他是个器官捐献人
And yes, for a second,
的确,有那么一瞬间
I wondered if the world would be better off if...
我想这世界会不会变得更好
if we just let him die.
如果我们就让他死掉
So it's possible that your colleague
所以很可能你同事
had exactly the same thought process that you did
也有你这种想法
but decided to go through with it.
但他决定真的要这么做
It's also possible that he's saying the truth;
也可能他说的是实话
that he had no idea who Colville was,
他完全不知道科威尔是谁
and that you're just projecting your hesitation onto Dr. Fleming.
你只是把你的犹豫投射到他身上
As it stands at the moment, we'll never know, will we?
就目前来说,我们永远也不会知道,是不是
Now, is it possible that you'll find a piece of evidence in there
你可能会在里面找到某些证据
which suggests that he's a multiple offender?
证明他多次作案吗
Well, yes, I suppose it is.
是啊,我想有可能
But I don't think that catching Dr. Fleming
但我觉得抓住弗雷明医生
is at the heart of this particular matter.
并不是这件事的关键
I think it's about you forgiving yourself
我想是你想原谅你自己
for a less than noble, if entirely understandable, thought.
有那个不是很高尚但完全可以理解的念头
Which, I'll remind you,
再提醒你一句
you didn't act on.
你并没有那么做
Watson.
华生
Have you slept?
你睡觉了吗
Did you know the surviving members of the Grateful Dead
你知道"感恩而死"余下的成员
occasionally tour together under the name Furthur?
有时以"更远"的名义一起巡演吗
No.
不知道
The name derives from the placard
这名字源自于肯·克西
atop Ken Kesey's infamous bus, of course.
那辆臭名昭着的校车的名字
Anyway, just got off the phone with Detective Bell.
不管怎样,刚和贝尔警探打完电话
Apparently, Daniel Escalante is a major fan of the band
丹尼尔·艾斯卡拉特是这个乐队的铁粉
and he's following them on tour for the past several months.
他最近几个月一直在追随乐队巡演
It's why he wasn't at the address we have on file for him
所以他并没住在登记在文件上的地址
and why he hasn't checked in with his parole officer.
也没去和他的假释官报道
So, if Escalante has been out of town...
所以如果艾斯卡拉特出城了...
I personally have seen an undoctored image
我脑海中浮现出一个人
of the man selling grilled cheese sandwiches
在田纳西停车场
from a parking lot in Tennessee.
卖烤乳酪三明治的景象
He's not the man we're looking for.
他不是我们要找的人
Which means there's no man we're looking for.
也就是说我们没人找了
Not at the moment, no.
目前没有
So why do I have to get dressed?
那我为什么要穿衣服
We're going back to Newgate Correctional.
我们要再去纽盖特劳改监狱
The dentures which match Aaron Colville
跟艾伦·科威尔牙齿相符的假牙
were only made and manufactured there.
是在那里制作生产的
So we're going to spend some quality time with their files.
所以我们要去好好地查阅一下他们的文件
Uh, this is pretty much everything we've got.
基本上所有文件都在这了
If you could tell me what you're looking for, maybe I could,
如果你能告诉我你们在找什么
I don't know, narrow it down for you.
或许我能帮你减小范围
Would that we could, Stan. Would that we could.
如果我们知道会告诉你的,斯坦
Unfortunately, it's not that kind of search.
很不幸,并不是那种搜查
We won't know what we're looking for until we find it.
在找到之前,我们不知道要找的是什么
Okay. Well, everything's alphabetical.
好吧,一切都是按字母排列的
Pretty much.
基本是吧
Right. I suppose I'll take, uh...
好,我就负责
this half.
这一半
Watson.
华生
I'm taking a break.
让我休息会
Actually, we're finished here. Have a look.
其实,咱的活干完了,看看吧
It's the inmate file of one Stanislav Divac.
这是斯坦尼斯拉夫·迪瓦兹的入狱资料
Stan was an inmate here?
斯坦在这里监禁过
For a time. He started working here
有一段时间,他在受监禁期间
while he was incarcerated.
开始在这里工作
When he was freed, he held onto his job.
当他被释放后,他还继续这工作
Who else was gonna hire a convicted sex offender?
也没有谁会愿意雇佣一个性犯罪者
There's absolutely nothing in his dental records,
他的牙科记录里什么都没有
but his file says he was treated in the infirmary
但资料说他去医务室接受过治疗
for a savage beating he received in the yard in 2000.
因为2000年在院子里被胖揍了一顿
According to the report,
根据报告说
he lost virtually all of his teeth.
他的牙齿几乎都掉光了
So you think Dr. Nolan replaced all of Stan's teeth for him.
你认为诺兰医生给斯坦换了整套牙吗
He did it with no official record
他没有留下任何正式记录
so that his valued assistant
这样他宝贵的助手
would not have to wait for treatment.
就不用等着走程序候诊了
I'd do the same for you if you lost
如果你在监狱斗殴里丢了所有牙齿
all your teeth in a prison fight.
我也会对你这么做的
I need to see your assistant.
我需要见你的助手
Oh, uh, Stan went home a while ago...
斯坦刚才回家了
right when you guys got here.
就在你们来之后
He said it was an emergency.
他说是紧急事件
Is everything all right?
出了什么事吗
No, not really, no.
对,有事
I think you may have been employing a murderer,
我想你可能雇了一个杀人犯
and in all likelihood, he just became a fugitive.
而且很有可能,他现在成了在逃犯
That's interesting.
真有趣
Our Mr. Divac castrated himself.
咱们的迪瓦兹博士阉割了自己
Have a look. It's right here in the photographs
来看看,就在这照片里
the Rockland County Police took
洛克兰郡警方在
when they raided his home.
突袭他家时拍下的
How about I take your word for it?
我相信你说的就是了
No, no, no, don't be squeamish.
别别,别这么拘谨
He did it chemically.
他用化学方法处理的
The officers who invaded Stan's place
突袭斯坦家的警官
didn't take special notice,
没有特别留心
but if you look at the medicine cabinet,
但是如果你看看药橱
he has a prescription for MPA.
他有处方药甲孕酮
That's medroxyprogesterone acetate.
那是醋酸甲羟孕酮片
MPA...
甲孕酮
That's the drug they force sex offenders to take.
那是他们逼迫性犯罪者吃的药
Could explain how he went dormant for so long.
也就解释了他为什么隐匿了这么久
He probably couldn't believe his luck
他估计都不相信自己的好运
when Colville took the rap
科威尔居然为发生在
for the first two murders in 2005.
2005年的头两桩谋杀案背了黑锅
Decided to do everything he could to suppress his urges.
决定尽一切努力压制自己的欲望
Mmm, ingesting mass quantities
吞下大量的
of synthesized progesterone will generally do the trick.
合成黄体酮通常能达到效果
Looks like it was self-prescribed.
看起来是自开药方
The bottle has a Medis RX label,
瓶子有密迪斯处方药标签
which is a British mail-order company.
是一间英国邮购公司
No doctor's signature required.
不需要医生的签字
Have a look at the date. The bottle is half full.
看看日期,瓶子是半满的
He should have run out two months ago.
他两个月前就应该吃完了
Well, if he stopped taking the drug 60 days ago,
如果他是六十天前停药的
it'd take about that long for his body to flush it.
那么这段时间足够用来摆脱药效了
I just got off with the Rockland County sheriff.
我刚和洛克兰郡警长谈过
Divac is in the wind.
迪瓦兹还在逃
His social media accounts have been deleted,
他的社交网站账号都被删掉了
and he hit up an ATM near the prison.
并且在监狱附近的取款机出现过
Sheriff says her roadblocks are quiet.
警长说路障那边没什么动静
I mean, maybe we're lucky,
要是我们幸运的话
and he's laying low inside the radius,
他决定在原地低调等着
but chances are he's long gone.
但很有可能他早跑掉了
We already put it out to the TSA.
我们已经通知了运输安全局
Spotlight on Croatia.
重点关注克罗地亚
Divac came over from there when he was a kid.
迪瓦兹小时候是从那里过来的
You emigrate from a non-extradition country,
你从一个无引渡条例的国家移民来
probably where you head when it hits the fan.
很可能在出事后再回去
Well, that wasn't his first stop.
那肯定不是他的第一站
He left the prison in a hurry,
他离开监狱时很匆忙
but his toiletries were missing from his house,
但是他的洗漱用品却不在家里
and there was no suitcase there.
并且也没有手提箱
He obviously went back to his home
他肯定回过家
even though he knew he was taking a risk.
即便知道那要冒很大的风险
I think that he might have gone back to pick up his dog.
我觉得他可能会回来带走他的狗
Did Rockland PD mention
洛克兰警方有没有提到过
anything about animals at the residence?
他家里有动物的事
Rings where the bowls would have been.
圈印是之前放饭盆的地方
That's well-spotted, Watson.
不错的发现,华生
I'll revise the BOLO.
我去更新下协查通报
Advise them the suspect
告诉他们嫌犯
may be traveling with his pet.
可能会与其宠物一同行动
No, I did not know they made a model for dentures
不,我不知道他们根据艾伦的牙齿
based on Aaron's mouth. None of us did.
做了假牙,我们都不知道
This has all been such a nightmare.
这一切就是场噩梦
I don't know what I'm going to do.
我不知道我该怎么办
Everybody's telling me to sue,
每个人都建议我去起诉
but that's not going to give me my son back.
但那样做也换不回我的儿子
I'm sure time spent with Aaron Colville's mother
我想和艾伦·科威尔的母亲独处
is just the thing to cheer you up.
一定能让你打起精神
Actually, if you are going to be wallowing
事实上,如果你接下来想要
in your own guilty feelings for the next 20 minutes or so,
在懊悔的情感里沉溺20来分钟的话
it's going to work out nicely if you'd just
在书房以外更私人的空间
stay out of the library while you're doing it.
也许会更有效些
I'm not wallowing. I'm watching a news report
我没有沉溺,我在看关于
on the case we're working.
我们这件案子的新闻报道
Is that a giant prom dress?
那是件毕业舞会的礼服吗
It seems to me that Stan Divac must have deleted
我觉得,斯坦·迪瓦兹逃跑前
his social media pages for a reason
删掉他社交网站账号
before he went on the run.
一定是有原因的
There must be something in there.
那里肯定有些信息
So I reached out to our friends at Everyone
所以我联系上了"人人"的朋友
to see if they could unearth some cached copies.
看看他们能不能找到些缓存副本
And in return, you're going to...?
那么作为回报,你打算...
I meant to record myself performing the songs
我打算表演几首《冰雪奇缘》里的歌
from something called Frozen.
录下来给他们
Oh. Break a leg.
祝你成功
Why did you dress Clyde up like a shark?
你为什么把克莱德打扮得像条鲨鱼
Ms. Hudson is concerned the winter has been unduly harsh on him,
哈德森女士担心冬天对它来说太难熬
so she knitted him several turtle cozies.
所以给它织了几件小龟套
I find them amusing to look at.
我觉得看起来挺好玩的
Thought it would be a nice way to wake up.
你醒来看到它应该感觉不错
We need to get to a veterinarian's office
我们得去一家位于洛克兰郡的
in Rockland County. Excuse me?
兽医院,你说什么
My performance was extraordinary.
我的演出异常成功
Everyone concerned seemed to agree that it rivaled,
"人人"的黑客们觉得即使不能说是超越
if not surpassed, the original.
也至少跟原唱有一拼
So Everyone sent you copies of Divac's stuff?
所以他们给你发了迪瓦兹的资料
Mmm. There will come a day when criminals realize
对,总有一天罪犯们会意识到
that they shouldn't use social media,
他们不应该使用社交媒体
but I just hope I don't live to see it.
但我希望自己不要等到那一天的到来
Everyone was able to uncover a rather large album
"人人"从斯坦的页面
of cached images from Stan's page.
挖出一大堆缓存图片
Hundreds of photographs, all perfectly innocuous,
数百张照片,全都一副无辜样
most of them featuring
其中大部分照片里
a rather charming Wheaton terrier called Max.
都有一条很可爱的叫做麦克斯的惠顿梗
He's cute.
是很可爱
Is he sick?
它病了吗
The captions tell the rather harrowing tale
配图文字讲述了一个悲惨的故事
of Max's brave battle with canine prostate cancer.
关于麦克斯如何与犬类前列腺癌搏斗
He's been undergoing chemotherapy.
它正在进行化疗
Now, the good news is he's responded rather well
好消息是,前两个疗程的效果
to the first two treatments.
相当不错
The even better news is his third treatment
更好的消息是,它的第三个疗程
is scheduled for this morning.
就定在今天早上
My guys are getting antsy.
我的手下开始烦躁起来了
How much longer you want to stay here?
你们还打算在这里待多久
As long as it takes.
需要多久就待多久
His web page didn't specify the time of the appointment.
他的网页并没有明确说明预约时间
Good morning. My friend here has an appointment at 10:30.
早上好,我的朋友十点半有个预约
The dog looks familiar,
这条狗看着很眼熟
but I don't recognize the guy.
但我不认识这个人
I've seen him before.
我之前见过他
There were a bunch of pictures of him on Divac's profile.
迪瓦兹的页面里有很多他的照片
They're friends from the dog park.
他们是在狗公园里认识的朋友
Okay, so Divac gave his dog away and then skipped town?
迪瓦兹把他的狗送人然后自己跑了吗
Let's find out.
让我们来一探究竟吧
Excuse me. Are you housing one Stan Divac?
不好意思,请问斯坦·迪瓦兹住在你家吗
Uh, who?
That was terrible. Do you want another go?
太糟糕了,想再试一次吗
Your friend Stan may have told you he's in trouble.
你的朋友斯坦可能告诉过你他有麻烦
Did he also tell you it has to do with murder
那他有没有告诉过你是跟谋杀罪有关
and that you're exposing yourself to felony charges by helping him?
而帮助他可能让你自己面临重罪指控
Please, can you take these off?
求你了,能不能把这个解开
My hand really hurts.
我的手真的好痛
Sure... if you can give us an alibi
当然可以,只要你能提供
for the 12th and the 16th of last month.
上个月12号和16号的不在场证明
I told you. I was home.
我跟你说了,我在家
I'm home most nights.
我大部分晚上都在家
You were home those nights...
这两个晚上你是独自一人
alone?
在家吗
Yes. I live alone. I forgot it was a crime.
是的,我独居,我忘了这也是罪过
I'm sorry. My hand really hurts.
抱歉,我的手真的好痛
Is there something you can give me for...?
你能不能给我一点...
Stan, we know about the MPA.
斯坦,我们知道甲孕酮的事了
We know you stopped taking it.
我们知道你停了药
I made some mistakes when I was young,
年轻的时候我犯了些错
but I did my time.
但我为此坐了牢
When I got out, I didn't want to slip.
出来之后,我不想再堕落
The medicine helped, but it is terrible stuff.
那种药有帮助,但也很可怕
I've had kidney problems. I gained some weight.
我的肾脏出了问题,我的体重增加了
I thought, you know,
我想,你懂的
if the old...
如果能找回
spark came back,
过去的激情
I'm smarter now.
我现在更聪明了
I could control it.
我可以控制
But then I quit the stuff...
但是我停了药之后
and there was nothing.
什么也没发生
I don't know if being on it all those years changed me
我不知道是吃了这么久的药改变了我
or if I just got old.
还是我已经老了
But I don't want to hurt anybody anymore.
但我不希望再伤害任何人
I just want to play with my dog, you know?
我只想跟我的狗一起玩,你懂吗
Stan.
斯坦
You ran from the police.
你从警察手下逃走
I know how it looks.
我知道别人会怎么想
I should have just told them
他们问到假牙的时候
when they asked about the dentures, but I...
我本来应该告诉他们的,但我...
I thought, "How's it gonna look?" you know?
我想,别人会怎么看,你知道吗
I'm registered.
我是有前科的人
I've got the same teeth as this guy.
我跟这家伙有一样的牙齿
I thought, "Nobody's gonna believe me."
我想,不会有人相信我的
Now nobody does. I didn't do...
不会有的,我没有做...
Oh, God! God, my hand...
天呐,我的手
Something's really wrong.
真的不太对劲
Just hold on.
等一下
She was a doctor, Stan.
她以前是个医生,斯坦
Let her look at it.
让她看看
Be careful.
小心点
Yeah, uh, uh... okay.
好啦好啦
Looks like he might have fractured
看起来他的第二掌骨
his second metacarpal. When did this happen?
可能骨折了,什么时候发生的
Uh, it hurt when they put me in the car.
他们把我带上车的时候开始痛的
Got worse as we drove over.
我们到这里的时候更痛了
I mean, you kind of have to sit on your hands, you know?
我不得不坐在我的手上,懂吗
All right, all right. Let's get him to the hospital.
好吧,我们送他去医院
It's hardly a mortal wound.
不是什么致命伤
We have rules.
我们有规定
And our lawyers are already busy this week.
而且这周我们的律师已经够忙了
Thanks.
谢谢
You're still under arrest for murder.
你仍然是谋杀案嫌疑犯
This way. Come on.
这边,走吧
Come on, turn here.
这边走
He was gonna crack.
他都快招了
Actually, I don't think he was.
我觉得他不会招供
I don't think he did it.
我认为不是他干的
I don't think he killed any of those women.
我觉得他不是杀人凶手
The most recent victim's name was Alexandra Stine.
最近的受害人叫亚历山德拉·斯泰恩
When her body was found,
她的尸体被发现的时候
her torso wasn't scratched or bruised.
身体上没有刮痕和淤青
It wasn't her body that shattered this glass.
撞碎镜子的并不是她
She fought back against her killer
被袭击时她出手反抗
and slammed him into that mirror.
使得凶手撞破了镜子
If that was Stan Divac,
如果凶手是斯坦·迪瓦兹
he would still be in a full body cast.
他肯定全身绑满绷带
I don't follow.
我不明白
He has osteoporosis.
他有骨质疏松症
The MPA.
因为甲孕酮
Stan's system was ravaged
斯坦的身体
by the chemical castration drugs.
饱受化学阉割药物的困扰
Bone loss is a common side effect.
骨质疏松是常见的副作用
When his left leg
去年他的左腿
was in a cast last year,
打上石膏的时候
he told his 13 followers
他对十三个粉丝说
that he'd "Stepped awkwardly on the curb."
他不小心踩上了马路牙子
He's a brittle man.
他是个容易受伤的人
Dr. Murray said
默里医生说
he hasn't missed one day of work this year.
他今年每天都按时来上班
So there is no way
所以他不可能
that he was rammed into this wall last month.
在上个月里撞上那堵墙
Let's just review.
我们从头理一遍
The guy's teeth match all four murders.
这家伙的牙齿和四起谋杀案都匹配
He's got no alibi,
没有不在场证明
he's got a history of violent sexual assault,
有过暴力性侵史
he's off his meds,
没有按时服药
he lied to you,
他还骗了你
and he went on the run.
并且还试图逃跑
You two find someone else that checks all those boxes,
你们如果能找出第二个满足这些条件的人
come find me.
记得来找我
Who keeps texting you?
是谁一直给你发信息
The captain can be brought round.
警监会改变看法的
We'll regroup at home.
我们回家重新想办法
Actually, I have to go.
我得走了
Did you have Carol Patton
你是不是向卡罗尔·巴顿
send copies of my records to you?
要过我的行医记录
It wasn't her fault.
这和她没关系
No. She thought she was complying
没错,她还以为
with an official investigation.
自己在协助一项官方调查
That's illegal in so many different ways.
这其中不合法的地方要多少有多少
Why would you do that?
你为什么要这么做
You said that you...
你说过你
you "Make calls" all the time.
总是"有决定权"
So you thought I was admitting to killing people?
所以你觉得我是在承认谋杀
Given what you said to me a few days ago,
鉴于前几天你对我说过的话
I-I thought it was reasonable to review your history.
我觉得的确需要检查你的记录
I don't know that a court will agree.
我不认为法院会同意
So let me ask you something:
我来问问你
Do you think that I'm a serial killer?
你觉得我是连环杀手吗
So I'm going to tell you something, Joan,
我有事想告诉你,乔恩
because I hold all the cards here.
因为我无所顾忌
But maybe if you hear what really happened that night,
知道那晚发生了什么之后
it'll give you some peace
说不定你就会平定下来
and, uh, I don't know, let you end this.
放下这一切
I will not ever admit to saying this.
我不会向别人承认我说过这些话
I knew who Colville was.
我知道科威尔是谁
And he did say something to me.
他确实和我说过话
It was his last words.
那是他的临终遗言
I mean, he was doped up.
那时他处于麻醉中
I don't know if he thought I was a priest,
可能他把我误认为是牧师了
but he said that he wanted to confess.
他说他想忏悔
He'd murdered two women.
他确实杀过两个女人
So...
所以
did I withhold treatment?
我是否延误了治疗呢
I honestly don't know.
我自己也说不清
So Aaron Colville confessed to the murders
艾伦·科威尔在临终的时候
with his dying words?
承认了谋杀吗
Dr. Fleming said he confessed.
弗雷明医生说他承认了
I would take that with a heaping pile of salt.
我可不敢保证他说的都是事实
Why? Does he have a particular reason to lie to you?
为什么,难道他有什么撒谎的动机吗
There's no need
他现在根本
for him to change his story now.
用不着改口
As he said, he holds all the cards.
如他所说,他无所顾忌
He'd be best served
要是他坚持原来的说法
by hewing to what he's said all along.
我们反而无法怀疑他
So you think Dr. Fleming
所以你觉得弗雷明医生
really wanted to tell me what happened?
告诉我的是事实吗
I think it's worth considering.
很有可能是这样
May I remind you we're looking for
需要我提醒你对这件案子
fresh perspective on this case?
我们需要新的解决思路吗
I had been considering burning the files,
我还曾想过要把文件都烧掉
but this is less melodramatic.
但是那样显得太夸张了
Aaron Colville has been dead for years,
艾伦·科威尔已经死了好几年了
but someone with his teeth killed two women a month ago.
但上月有人用了他的牙齿还杀了两个女人
Yes, but if Colville killed those woman in 2005,
没错,但如果科威尔在2005年杀了她们
this may suggest motive.
这也许能成为动机
Whoever's committing the murders in the present day
无论现在犯下谋杀的凶手是谁
wants us to know about the dentures.
都希望我们知道假牙的事
They want to cast doubt
并使我们怀疑
on who killed those women all those years ago.
几年前究竟是谁杀了那两个女人
Why would anybody do that?
谁会那么做
I don't know.
我不知道
Not yet.
现在还不知道
The question becomes: Who stands to benefit most
问题是,证明艾伦·科威尔无罪
from Aaron Colville's exoneration?
谁获益最大
...based on Aaron's mouth.
根据艾伦的牙齿
None of us did. This has all been such a nightmare.
我们都不知道,这一切就是场噩梦
I don't know what I'm going to do.
我不知道我该怎么办
Everybody's telling me to sue,
每个人都建议我去起诉
but that's not going to give me my son back.
但那样做也换不回我的儿子
Colville's mother.
科威尔的母亲
She's just filed a nine-figure lawsuit against the city.
她刚起诉市政府要求九位数的赔偿
And she bludgeoned two women half her age?
真是她弄死了两个年轻女人吗
Ruth Colville raised a psychopathic killer.
露丝·科威尔养了个疯子杀人犯
Do you think Aaron's childhood home was a happy one?
你觉得艾伦的童年会幸福吗
I'm sure she's more than capable.
她绝对有这本事
You have questions. So do I.
你有疑问,我也是
I'm sure a thorough search of her residence
我想彻底搜查她的住宅
will clear them up.
就能解决这些疑问
No judge is gonna issue a warrant based on a lawsuit
但法官不会因为这么合情合理的官司
she has every right to file.
而签发搜查令的
We don't need a warrant.
我们不需要搜查令
She's going to invite us in quite graciously.
她会礼貌地请我们进屋的
That's all it was.
就是这样
The detectives. I blame the detectives.
只怪警察们,这些都是他们的错
Thank you for speaking to us, Mrs. Colville.
谢谢你愿意跟我们谈话,科威尔太太
I didn't say I'd talk to you.
我没说我愿意跟你们谈
I just didn't leave you standing at the door.
只是不想让你们在门外干站着
Well, I think it's a conversation that you'll want to have.
我觉得你会愿意跟我们谈这个
It's about your son.
是关于你儿子的
I should have my lawyer here.
我应该让我的律师过来
Yes, you should call your lawyer. We have an offer for you.
对,你该叫上律师,我们有份提议给你
I guess you can wait in the living room.
你们在客厅里等一会吧
Would it be a terrible inconvenience for me to use your facilities?
真抱歉我能用一下你家的洗手间吗
Not a well man.
有点闹肚子
It's just down the hall.
走廊最里头就是
Right.
好的
My lawyer said this is unusual.
我律师说这太不寻常了
An offer so early.
这么早就有协议
It's a... unusual case.
这个案子本来就很特殊
But it's obvious that there was a... wrong committed here.
但很显然是有人做错了
Well, she'll be here in a couple of minutes.
她过一会就到
I'm not supposed to talk until then.
在那之前我不会再说什么的
Where's the other one?
另一位先生呢
I'm here. Not a moment too soon.
我在这,时间刚刚好
This grotesquerie's gone on long enough,
这场闹剧已经差不多该收场了
don't you think?
你觉得呢
What is this?
这是什么
It's your undoing.
是你的败笔
These are the snap-on dentures she used
她就是用这些可脱卸式假牙
to bite Alexandra Stine and Veronica Sutter.
咬了亚历山德拉·斯泰恩和维罗妮卡·萨特
I've never seen those before.
我从没见过这些东西
A DNA test will contradict you, but I don't think
验一下DNA就能戳穿你的谎言
that's going to be necessary.
但我觉得没有必要
They're form-fitted to your mouth.
它们跟你的口腔很合适
Your upper right bicuspid is quite distinctive.
你上排右侧的双尖牙很特别
Oh, look. A perfect match.
看呐,完全吻合
You have no right. Those were in a locked box under my bed.
你没权利这么做,这些是我锁在床下箱子里的
I thought you never saw them before.
你不是说从没见过它们吗
I found these resting on your bathroom sink.
我是在你浴室的水槽上看到的
And as an invited guest, I'm perfectly entitled
作为你邀请进门的客人,我完全有权利
to inspect any items in plain view.
察看摆在外面的东西
Oh, that must be your attorney.
应该是你的律师到了
You might want to find someone with experience in criminal law.
你最好找个擅长刑法的
Tell me,
跟我说说
how did you learn of the existence
你是怎么知道
of dentures that match your son's teeth?
有符合你儿子牙齿的假牙存在的
It's the only thing I can't piece together.
这是我唯一想不通的事
That's fine.
没关系
You can tell us about it at the station.
你可以去警局再告诉我们
Ruth Colville took a plea deal.
露丝·科威尔接受了认罪协议
Captain Gregson said the transcript
格雷森警监说她的口供
of her confession came in at 24 pages.
足足写了24页
Apparently, Dr. Nolan,
原来,诺兰医生
the dentist at Newgate who fashioned the dentures
纽盖特监狱的那位根据艾伦·科威尔的牙齿
based on Aaron Colville's teeth,
改制假牙的牙医
only found out about the bite-mark murders
直到死前才知道
in his dying days.
牙印杀手的事
He wrote to Ruth and he told her to take heart--
他写信给露丝让她振作起来
her son may not be a monster after all.
她儿子也许并不是冷血杀人魔
She made these snap-on dentures using her son's dental records.
她根据儿子的牙医记录做了这些可脱卸式假牙
Apparently, she approached the young women
显然,她找那些年轻女人
by asking for help with her groceries.
帮她拿一下她买的日用品
Once they took her bags, she pulled a hammer out.
当她们接过她的袋子,她就掏出了锤子
Oh. The Colvilles, such a lovely family.
科威尔这一家,真是可爱啊
Those are your files on Fleming.
这些是弗雷明医生的档案吗
Yep.
I know as much as I ever will.
该知道的我都知道了
And your role in the matter?
对这事你怎么看
Aaron Colville was guilty.
艾伦·科威尔的确有罪
Does that change things? I don't know.
这对救他有影响吗,我不知道
I do know
我只知道
that I was standing over a dying patient
站在一个垂死的病人身旁
and I was thinking about justice.
心里却想着正义
A doctor's not supposed to do that.
这不是一名医生应该做的
That sounds more like a consulting detective.
更像是一个顾问侦探

重点单词   查看全部解释    
sample ['sæmpl]

想一想再看

n. 样品,样本
vt. 采样,取样

联想记忆
lateral ['lætərəl]

想一想再看

adj. 侧面的,横向的,旁边的
n. 分流,

 
performance [pə'fɔ:məns]

想一想再看

n. 表演,表现; 履行,实行
n. 性能,本

联想记忆
decade ['dekeid]

想一想再看

n. 十年

联想记忆
rubber ['rʌbə]

想一想再看

n. 橡胶,橡皮,橡胶制品
adj. 橡胶的

联想记忆
administer [əd'ministə]

想一想再看

vt. 管理,执行,给与,用(药)
vi. 执

联想记忆
reasonable ['ri:znəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的

 
innocuous [i'nɔkjuəs]

想一想再看

adj. 无害的,无毒的,无关痛痒的

联想记忆
majority [mə'dʒɔriti]

想一想再看

n. 多数,大多数,多数党,多数派
n.

 
criminal ['kriminl]

想一想再看

adj. 犯罪的,刑事的,违法的
n. 罪犯

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。