手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季(MP3+中英字幕) 第11集 庞式骗局

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Previously on Elementary...

《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
You ruined my life. Gun!
你毁了我的人生,有枪
A blood clot got wedged in his right subclavian artery,
有一块血栓堵住了他的右锁骨下动脉
obstructed the blood flow to his arm for about 30 minutes.
阻碍血液流入他的胳膊长达半小时
He may never regain full use of the limb.
他可能再也无法拥有健全的手臂了
This is about your guilt.
是因为你的内疚
You're not directly responsible for what happened.
这事的直接责任不在于你
But this time your fondness for blowing past
但这次你无视照章办事规矩的一贯作风
bureaucratic guideposts got a man you respect shot.
害了一个你尊敬的人中枪
You may very well have saved my life.
你可能因此救了我一命
I'd rather not see you around here.
我宁愿你别来看我
Look at you, southpaw.
瞧你,成了左撇子了
Well, life has changed, right?
生活已经变了,对吧
At least nowadays most of the paperwork's on the computer.
至少现在大多数文书工作都能用电脑了
Well, I made you some ready-to-nuke dinners.
我给你做了晚饭,微波炉转一下就能吃
Nothing fancy.
没什么大不了的
Baked ziti's about the extent of my culinary skills.
烤通心粉已经是我厨艺的最高水平了
Thanks.
谢谢
That's really nice of you.
你人真好
What did the doctor say about your hand?
关于你的手医生怎么说
Uh, he doesn't know.
他也不知道
It's only been a few weeks.
才过了几周
Physical therapy's helping,
物理治疗有些帮助
but they still can't tell me if the damage is permanent.
但他们仍旧说不清创伤是不是永久的
Well, you're back at work, that's good.
你回来工作了,那很好
Yeah.
是啊
If you call, uh, pushing papers around work.
如果你把摆弄这些文件叫做工作的话
Hey, you know they say that learning to write
你知道吗,据说学习用另一只手写字
with your other hand is good for the brain.
有利于开发大脑
Builds new pathways, keeps you young.
建立新的思维路径,保持年轻
Great.
那太好了
So if this, uh, trauma sticks around forever,
如果这次的创伤是永久的
I'll have a really long time to enjoy it.
我有的是时间享受这个过程
Marcus, do you think you...
马库斯,你觉得你
need to talk to someone?
需不需要找人谈谈
No, honestly, I think what I really need
不,说实话,我觉得我真正需要的
is to talk less.
就是少说话
Thanks again for the food.
再次感谢你的食物
Okay?
还有事吗
All right, I'll see you later.
好吧,先走了
Don't trip the proximity sensor.
小心别碰到距离传感器
Actually, would you mind stepping back a couple of paces?
说实话,你介意往后退两步吗
I'm feeling a little bit crowded.
我觉得有点挤
Are you crazy?
你疯了吗
That's a half-million dollar car.
这可是价值五十万美金的豪车
Surely when your employers hired you
你的雇主把它交给你
to test the security measures
测试安保系统的时候
they knew it would result in a little bit of wear and tear.
他们肯定知道会有点磕磕碰碰的
Wouldn't explain a foot in the door.
但不包括在门上踹个脚印啊
Well, they should be pleased.
他们应该很满意
Their system's obviously impregnable.
他们的系统显然坚不可摧
Actually, it's totally pregnable.
其实,它完全不堪一击
I beat it ten times today.
我今天就撬开了十次
You got a lot on your mind.
你脑子里的杂念太多了
All the stuff that happened with your buddy, the detective.
你朋友,那位警探的遭遇
Is utterly irrelevant to breaking into a car.
这和撬开车门完全无关
Obviously.
是啊,显然无关
In terms of my actions on the case which resulted in Detective Bell's injury,
说到贝尔警探受伤那件案子里我的行为
I was completely in the right.
我认为我没有任何失误
I've reviewed every decision I made.
我回顾了我的每一个决定
Every inflection point in the investigation.
还有调查中的每一个转折点
And it is indisputable from any rational cost benefit analysis
从任何的理性成本收益分析角度说
that I did everything correctly.
我的所作所为都无可争议地正确
So, why can I not move on?
所以我为什么无法释怀呢
Why does the matter persist in buzzing away
为什么整件事总是困扰着我
at my most precious commodity, my concentration?
扰乱我最宝贵的专注力呢
Maybe we should head for a meeting.
也许我们该去参加一次互助会
I came here tonight, not as your sponsee,
今晚我来,不是作为你的受担保人
but as a friend and colleague
而是作为一个朋友
whose vocation creates certain overlapping interests.
和所从事职业有所关联的同事
Besides I think this is what I need tonight.
除此以外,我觉得今晚我需要干这个
Fine.
那好吧
But tomorrow, we're hitting a meeting.
不过明天,我们要去互助会
Allegations continue to mount that Donald Hauser,
传言持续升温,宣称唐纳德·豪瑟
trusted money manager to New York's elite,
这位备受纽约精英信任的投资经理人
may, in fact, have been running a decades-long pyramid scheme.
其实可能经营了长达十年的金字塔骗局
Sources inside the SEC confirm
证券交易委员会内部消息证实
that they're now scrutinizing Hauser's private hedge fund,
他们正在审查豪瑟号称持续年收益
which seemed to yield consistent annual returns of 12% or more.
超过百分之十二的私人对冲基金
Thanks to the work of independent journalist
多亏了独立记者罗莎莉·努涅斯
Rosalie Nunez, who first sounded the alarm,
最先敲响警钟的报道
we may now discover those returns were all lies.
我们才能发现这些回报可能全是谎言
If so, Hauser will be looking at criminal charges
如果情况属实,豪瑟将面临
that could put him behind bars for the rest of his life,
可能在铁窗中度过余生的犯罪指控
while hundreds of his investors will absorb the news
而他数以百计的投资者将会不得不接受
that their life savings have vanished.
毕生积蓄化为泡影的噩耗
Neither Hauser nor anyone at his firm
豪瑟及他名下公司的任何人
responded in time to comment.
都没有及时做出回应
Stocks were relatively flat today, as analysts...
股市今日收盘基本持平,分析家们...
Ow! God! Ow!
老天
Wait.
等等
I was about to kill myself.
我正准备自杀
Please.
求你了
What's done is done.
覆水难收
I know. That's what I want to talk about.
我知道,我正想说这个
Donald, it's me.
唐纳德,是我
Well, someone had some anger to work out.
有人在发泄怒气
Steal a few hundred million dollars of other people's money,
偷了别人几亿美金
somebody's bound to get ticked off.
肯定会有人被惹恼
So, who found him?
谁最先发现尸体
Personal chef. She came in,
私人厨师,她进来的时候
said the alarm system was off, and the TV was on.
警报系统关闭,电视机开着
She's here in the kitchen.
她人在厨房里
Miss, uh, Butler?
巴特勒小姐
Miss Butler, this is Joan Watson.
巴特勒小姐,这是乔恩·华生
Sorry to meet under these circumstances.
很抱歉在这种情况下见面
Thank you.
感谢安慰
Miss Watson and her partner there, Mr. Holmes,
华生小姐和她的搭档,福尔摩斯先生
consult for the department.
是警局的顾问
So, you are a personal chef?
你是私人厨师吗
Mr. Hauser was a client for a long time.
豪瑟先生是我的老客户了
I prepared meals for him at my house
我在家帮他做好饭
and-and brought them here a few times a week.
然后每周带过来几次
You any idea who might want to hurt Mr. Hauser?
你有想到谁可能想伤害豪瑟先生吗
Oh, with what's been going on in the press, plenty of people.
根据新闻媒体的报道,肯定有好多人吧
What-what's he doing?
他在做什么
He, uh, has a process.
他...有自己的调查方法
Captain?
警监
Would you excuse me?
失陪
I take it the victim's gun was found here?
我想被害人的枪是在这里被发现的
Yeah, by the first uniforms on the scene.
是的,到场的第一位警官这么说
Registered to Hauser.
枪登记在豪瑟名下
However, different caliber
但和我们在地板上
than the casings we found on the floor.
发现的弹壳口径不同
Figured Hauser tried to defend himself.
推测大概是豪瑟想要自我防卫
Never got a shot off.
但还没来得及开枪
I can assure you Mr. Hauser did not pull his gun in self-defense.
我能向你保证豪瑟先生掏枪不是为了自卫
At least, not at first.
至少一开始不是
Rather, he was about to commit suicide
恰恰相反,他正准备自杀的时候
when he was very rudely interrupted.
被人粗鲁地打断了
The handgun was stored here in this drawer.
手枪被存放在这个抽屉里
Whoever removed it bothered to close the drawer
拿枪的人还不嫌麻烦地在取出枪后
when they were done.
把抽屉关上
This is a very unlikely action on anyone's part
这对于激烈的私闯民宅攻防战双方来说
during the middle of a heated home invasion.
都是不太可能会做的动作
No. Mr. Hauser's gun was out before the killer entered.
恰恰相反,豪瑟先生在杀手闯入前就拿出了枪
The whiskey-Glen Lochaber,
格伦·洛哈伯威士忌酒
1926, single cask, aged for 55 years.
1926年产,单桶酒,55年的陈酿
Yum. Only 100 bottles ever produced.
人间极品,只生产了100瓶
Probably set Mr. Hauser back about $10,000.
可能花了豪瑟先生大约一万美金
This is the proverbial good stuff, and,
这是众所周知的好酒
judging by the ring of dust
而且从它在吧台上
where it usually sat on his bar,
留下的灰尘圈看
he kept it for only the very rarest of occasions.
他只有在极特殊的场合才会拿出来喝
Miss Butler said the television was on
巴特勒小姐说她进屋的时候
when she entered.
电视是开着的
We all know what story dominated the news last night.
我们都知道昨晚的新闻头条是什么
Hauser himself was sitting, watching
豪瑟坐在这里,看着电视
as he filled his glass to the very brim.
一边给杯子里倒满酒
No longer any point in saving it.
没必要再留着好酒了
Lastly...
最后...
...gun oil on the roof of his mouth.
他的上颚有枪油
The irony of ironies.
简直不能更讽刺了
Our killer arrived just in time
凶手在豪瑟先生要开枪自杀时
to stop Mr. Hauser from shooting himself.
恰好赶到并阻止了他
So, what? Killer just wanted to squeeze in some torture first?
为什么,凶手只是想先折磨他一下吗
Probably not as satisfying as getting his or her money back,
也许并不像拿回被骗的钱一样满意
but I suppose you take what you can get.
但这是最好的结果了
Oh. According to this article,
根据这篇报道
there could be over a thousand people that were affected
可能有超过一千人受到了
by Donald Hauser's pyramid scheme.
唐纳德·豪瑟的金字塔骗局的影响
I'd say our work is cut out for us, wouldn't you?
看来我们的工作告一段落了,你觉得呢
Actually, I've got a rather good idea of where I'd like to start.
实际上,我有了一个好的切入点
The chef, Chloe Butler.
那个厨师,克洛伊·巴特勒
Why?
为什么
You not see how nervous she was when we were interviewing her?
你没看到在我们问她问题时,她有多紧张吗
Her haptics were practically screaming
她的表现明显说明
that she was hiding something.
她在隐瞒某些事
Well, she just found
可她刚刚发现了
the mutilated corpse of her boss.
自己老板的尸体
Her alibi left something to be desired, as well, no?
她的不在场证明也站不住脚,不是吗
Well, just because she said she was home alone
就因为她说谋杀发生时她自己在家
during the time of the murder doesn't mean she did it.
也不能说明是她杀的人
Nor does it mean she didn't.
也不能说明她没杀人
Obviously, there's no shortage of other suspects,
显然,其他的嫌疑人也没有什么破绽
but Miss Butler seems like a worthwhile place to start.
但巴特勒小姐看起来是个不错的切入点
You saw Detective Bell last night, did you not?
你昨晚去看贝尔警探了,对吧
Yes, I did.
对,去看了
And?
然后呢
He's better. He's riding a desk for now,
他好些了,现在只能在办公室做文职
but, um, at least he's up and around.
但至少不用躺在病床上了
As a matter of fact, I promised I'd run a few errands for him.
实际上,我答应替他跑跑腿
I will be back in a bit.
我一会儿就回来
If I'm not here,
如果我不在这
I will be at the station, reviewing case files.
我就在局里看案子的档案
I will text you if I identify Mr. Hauser's killer
等我独自一人查出豪瑟先生的凶手之后
all by my lonesome.
我会给你发短信的
I am sorry about this morning.
今早的事我很抱歉
I... I just...
我只是...
It's fine.
没关系
Seriously. You didn't do anything wrong.
真的,你没做错任何事
Oh. I can't believe you have a baby now.
真不敢相信你有了个孩子
You can't believe it?
不光是你不敢相信
So, uh, you said the dad is...
你说孩子的爸爸已经...
out of the picture?
跟你没关系了
I can't say I got any better at picking men
在戒毒以后我挑选男人的眼光
just because I got clean.
还是没有好转
Ross, my ex-- as far as bad decisions go,
罗斯,我的前任,跟他结婚仅次于染上毒瘾
he's right up there with heroin.
是我排名第二的错误决定
But, hey, it got me Shane.
但他让我有了肖恩
I had no idea
看到你的时候
what I was supposed to do when I saw you.
我完全不知道该怎么做
I didn't know you'd switched careers, and
我不知道你换了工作
with the police around, I didn't know
有警察在旁边,我不知道
if I was obligated by law to say that I knew you, or...
我是不是有义务说我认识你
Chloe, there is no right or wrong.
克洛伊,这事没有对错
When I run into a former client in a social setting,
当我在社交生活中遇到以前的客户时
I let them decide whether they want to say anything or not.
我会让他们决定他们想说什么
You were obviously caught off guard, so I took the lead.
你当时明显很惊慌,所以我主导了谈话
I just try not to tell anyone
我只是试图不告诉任何人
about that part of my life.
我的那段生活
You know, if-if I can help it.
如果我能忍住的话
Are you still going to meetings?
你还在参加互助会吗
Oh, yeah, of course.
对,当然
No, I-I don't mean I don't talk to anyone,
我不是说我不跟任何人说
I just...
我只是
take the "Anonymous" part seriously.
更坚持"匿名"的原则了
Actually, that's one of the reasons
其实,那也是我想见你的
I wanted to see you.
原因之一
With your permission, I would like to explain
如果你允许,我想跟我的搭档
our history to my partner.
解释一下我们的事
Why? He's very perceptive.
为什么,他很敏锐
He could tell that you were hiding something last night.
他能看出来你昨晚隐瞒了一些事
He thought it might have something to do
他觉得那可能跟
with what happened to Donald Hauser.
唐纳德·豪瑟的死有关
He thinks I'm a suspect?
他觉得我是嫌疑犯
You're just someone who caught his eye.
你只是引起了他的注意
Look, if you don't feel comfortable,
听着,如果你觉得不舒服
I totally understand.
我完全能理解
If you do...
如果你觉得没关系...
know that our confidentiality
他也一定会遵守
agreement will extend to him as well.
我们的保密协议
I just want to make sure the investigation
我只想确保调查是在朝着
is moving in the right direction.
正确的方向发展
You must really trust him.
看来你非常信任他
I do.
没错
Can we talk about Chloe Butler?
我们能谈谈克洛伊·巴特勒吗
In 2009, she was one of the hottest chefs in the city.
2009年,她是城里最火的厨师之一
Yes, I saw that when I looked into her.
我调查她的时候看到过那个
Well, you didn't see all of it.
你没有看到全部
The attention was too much for her,
受人瞩目的光环过于沉重
and she fell in with the wrong crowd.
她选择了错误的交友圈子
When did she start working with you?
她什么时候开始跟你合作的
2011.
2011年
She was one of my first clients.
她是我最早的客户之一
I lived with her for a little over six months.
我和她一起住了六个多月
It wasn't easy, but she got her life back on track.
虽然很艰难,但她努力让生活回到了正轨
She knew that the restaurant scene could be a trigger,
她知道继续在餐厅工作可能刺激她重蹈覆辙
so she started a new business.
所以她换了新的工作
As a personal chef.
成了一个私人厨师
Yes. So everything you sensed
对,所以你感觉到的
that she was hiding last night
昨晚她隐瞒的事
was about her past.
就是她的过去
And she has an alibi for the time of the murder.
她在案发时也有不在场证明
She was with her sponsor.
她和她的担保人在一起
Well, it's interesting that I failed to detect
我没能在遇到另一个瘾君子时觉察到
another addict when I met one.
真是有意思
More interesting that I didn't get a sense
更有意思的是我没觉察到
that you were hiding something from me, but anyway...
你有事瞒着我,但不管怎样
In that case, we should, uh, focus on culling our list
这样的话,我们应该专注于寻找
of other potential suspects in Donald Hauser's murder.
杀害唐纳德·豪瑟的其他嫌疑人
I left a voicemail with the journalist
我给报道了他金字塔骗局的
who broke the story of his pyramid scheme,
记者留了语音信息
a woman named Rosalie Nunez.
那个记者叫罗莎莉·努涅斯
Any luck, she will have some insight which we can use
幸运的话,她能帮我们
to prioritize our investigation of Hauser's victims.
调查豪瑟事件的受害者们
Actually, Chloe may have already helped with that.
实际上,克洛伊已经帮了我们
She didn't think of it until we were talking,
我们谈之前她没有想到
but she had an idea who
但她知道谁可能
the last person might've been to see Hauser alive.
是豪瑟死前见到的最后一个人
Uh, the director of a nonprofit named Jacob Weiss.
一个非盈利组织的主管雅各布·韦斯
Hauser had her prepare an extra meal for last night.
豪瑟让她昨晚准备了加餐
Part of her job is to know which friends ate what.
她工作的一部分就是了解哪些朋友爱吃什么
I was shocked when I heard the news.
我听到消息的时候很震惊
I-I still don't believe it.
我还是不敢相信
It couldn't have happened that many hours after I left.
怎么我没走多久就发生了这种事
Our thoughts exactly.
我们也这么想
In fact, we're curious if you could account
其实,我们想知道你能否
for your whereabouts for the rest of the evening.
说明一下昨晚剩余时间里你的行踪
The M.E. puts Mr. Hauser's
法医认为豪瑟先生
death somewhere between 10:00 P.M. and midnight.
死于晚上十点到午夜之间
After I left Donald, I had a late meeting
在我跟唐纳德告别之后,我在
at the Palladian Hotel
帕拉德酒店和一个
with a Swiss banker named Jonas Bitz.
叫乔纳斯·比兹的瑞士银行家开会
We were there quite late. I'm sure he or anyone
我们在那里待到很晚,我确定
at the lobby bar will confirm that.
他和大堂酒吧的任何人都能作证
But... I'm the last person who had a reason to kill Donald.
但...我是最没有理由去杀唐纳德的人
Well, it's our understanding that he handled your...
据我们所知他经手了你的...
charity's finances.
慈善基金
Considering everything that's happened,
考虑到所发生的一切
that would give you motive.
那使你有了谋杀的动机
Actually, it wouldn't.
事实上,不会
Do you know what we do here?
你知道我们这里是做什么的吗
You seek reparations for survivors of the Holocaust.
你们为大屠杀的幸存者申请赔款
To this day, Swiss bank accounts are still being identified
直到今天,瑞士银行的一些账户仍然
that belong to Nazi war profiteers.
属于纳粹投机商们
Our investigators uncover that money
我们的调查员们找出这些钱
and process claims on behalf of survivors and their families.
并且代表幸存者和他们的家人索赔
I can't deny what I'm hearing in the press about Donald,
我不否认媒体上对唐纳德的报道
but he was my friend. He donated his services
但他是我朋友,他无偿在
free of charge, as this council's CPA.
委员会里担任注册会计师
And as for our investments,
而在我们的投资方面
the council never lost a dime.
委员会没有少过一分钱
Every penny has already been accounted for.
每笔钱都有清晰的账目
Can you think of why he might've left the council alone?
你能想到他为什么唯独不骗这里的钱吗
Maybe as he was stealing from others,
也许是因为他从别人那里骗钱
he saw his work for us as a kind of...
就把在我们这里的工作看作是...
karmic counterbalance, a way to do some good to make up
消除业障的方式,通过做好事来
for the bad.
补偿所做的坏事
Whatever the reason, I'm grateful.
不管什么原因,我都很感激他
So, Donald Hauser was a swindler with a heart of gold.
唐纳德·豪瑟是位热心肠的骗子
Very few of us are either completely good or completely evil.
很少有人是完全善良或是完全邪恶的
It would appear that even Hauser
看起来即使是豪瑟
had a moral line that he would not cross.
也有道德底线
Excellent. This is Rosalie Nunez, the reporter I mentioned.
很好,是罗莎莉·努涅斯打来的,我提过的记者
Ms. Nunez, thank you so much for calling me back.
努涅斯女士,非常感谢你的回电
Is this Sherlock Holmes?
请问是夏洛克·福尔摩斯吗
It is. Who's this?
是我,你是谁
This is Detective Luntz of the NYPD.
我是纽约警局的伦茨警探
You left a voice mail for Ms. Nunez
你给努涅斯女士留了语音信息
saying you were a... consultant?
说你是一位...顾问
I did and I am.
是我留的,我的确是顾问
Why do you have her phone?
她的电话怎么在你手上
I think maybe you should join me at her residence
我觉得你最好来她住处找我
so I can explain in person.
以便我当面解释
I may even have some consulting questions for you.
我可能还要咨询你些问题
Well, it looks like Ms. Nunez was killed by the same person
看起来努涅斯女士和唐纳德·豪瑟
who murdered Donald Hauser.
是被同一凶手谋杀的
The technique used to bind her, the size
捆绑她的手法
and placement of the bullet wounds.
枪伤的位置和大小
I'm quite confident a ballistics report will confirm that.
我确信弹道报告会证实我说的
Our shooter had a busy night two nights ago.
枪手两天前的晚上真忙呐
M.E. put tentative time of death
法医估计死亡时间
only a few hours after Hauser's.
就在豪瑟死亡几小时后
I'm gonna tell Luntz to put a rush on ballistics.
我去告诉伦茨催促一下弹道检查
This doesn't make any sense.
这说不通啊
Why would the same person want to kill both the man
为什么同一个人会想杀掉
who stole people's life's savings
偷取人们积蓄的人
and the reporter who exposed him?
以及揭发报道他的记者
Seems like if you hated one,
通常如果你仇视其中一个
you'd be a fan of the other.
就应该会支持另一个
Rare to come across such a literal case
很少碰到这样的案子
of someone shooting the messenger.
有人会枪击信使
Looks like she plugged in her laptop here.
看起来她把笔记本电脑放在这里
We should find out if it's missing.
我们应该找找看还在不在
Come and have a look at this.
过来看看这个
The killer entered by force.
杀手是破门进来的
Kicked the door here.
踢了门的这里
Mmm. Sap of the Osage orange, unless I'm mistaken.
如果没错的话,是奥色治橙子的汁液味道
I'm good.
不用了
Bit of a misnomer, really.
其实有点用词不当
Aside from a vague... citrusy scent,
除了一点淡淡的...柑橘香味
it is unrelated to the orange.
它和橙子没有关系
It's a closer cousin to the mulberry, actually.
事实上,它是桑葚的近亲
So, killer kicked in the door,
杀手踹开了门
transferred the sap from his shoe.
把鞋上的汁液弄到了门上
Which tells us the most likely route he took on his way here.
这就告诉了我们他来的路上最可能经过的路径
"Monkey balls."
"猴子球"
Beg your pardon?
你说什么
One of the many folk names for the Osage orange.
是奥色治橙子的众多俗称之一
Squirrels rip the fruit apart,
松鼠们把果实撕破
spreading the seeds and the sap on the ground.
种子和汁液就溅落在地上
This park is the only place in the vicinity
这个公园是努涅斯女士住处附近
of Ms. Nunez's apartment where one is likely to find one of these.
唯一一处可能找到这种果实的地方
So you think whoever shot her walked through here
所以你认为杀害她的凶手
on his way to her apartment.
在去她家的路上经过了这里
And perhaps again when he left.
可能在离开时又经过了一次
Isn't that Alfredo's ringtone?
那不是阿弗雷多的铃声吗
Yes, he's been harassing me. I promised
是的,他一直在骚扰我,我答应
I would go to a meeting with him yesterday,
昨天和他参加一个互助会
but the investigation took precedence.
但因为调查的事耽误了
It still does.
现在仍然没时间
Check it out, check it out!
快看啊
Behold, Watson,
看啊,华生
a generation lost to narcissism.
自恋的一代
A populace who believes that no experience is
这代人觉得如果不能够上传到网上
worth having unless it's been uploaded
并得到足够的点击率
and received its fair share of hits,
任何经历都是没有价值的
for whom the pinnacle of achievement is having the moment
这些人的人生顶峰是
you crush your genitalia on a metal railing
蛋蛋撞到金属栏杆上的时刻
achieve "Meme" status.
达到的"我牛逼"状态
And yet their self-absorption may, in this instance, serve us.
可这一次他们的自我关注可能还帮了我们
I happen to know from my police scanner that the police
我碰巧从我警局的线人那得知
are often called to this park to chase skateboarders away.
警察经常被叫来驱赶这些玩滑板的
They are, to the dismay of some parkgoers, here at all hours.
据一些焦虑的公园游客反映,他们整天在这里
So if they were here two nights ago when the killer walked by,
所以如果两天前凶手走过时他们也在的话
one of them might have caught them on their cell phone.
也许有人在手机上拍到了他
I will talk to the narcissists.
我去跟自恋狂们谈谈
You go meet Alfredo so you can get to a meeting.
你去跟阿弗雷多碰头参加互助会
I've stitched up a lot of these guys
以前我在急诊室实习时缝合过
back during my E.R. Rotation. I know how to talk to them.
很多滑板少年,我知道怎样跟他们沟通
You speak idiot?
你还会说笨蛋的语言
You also don't seem like you're in the greatest mood.
而且你心情也不是很好
This might need a softer touch.
这种沟通不能硬来
I'll let you know if anything turns up.
有什么发现我会告诉你的
You're not Alfredo.
你不是阿弗雷多
You're Sherlock, right?
你是夏洛克,对吧
And you are?
你是
Randy.
兰迪
Name or adjective? What?
名字还是形容词,你说什么
Short for "Randall"? Or state of sexual arousal?
是兰德尔的简称,还是性兴奋的状况
Are you asking me if I'm horny?
你是在问我是否饥渴吗
Well, cars like this can have that effect on some men.
这样的车会对某些男人有这种影响
Sherlock,
夏洛克
I see you guys have met.
你们已经见过了
Ah. I thought for a moment that your home had been infiltrated.
我还以为有人潜入你家了
I see that's not the case.
看来不是那么回事
No, Randy and I met at a meeting a few weeks ago.
不,兰迪和我几周前在一次互助会上认识的
Three months sober.
已经戒毒三个月了
He's been going it alone for now, but...
他现在正独自戒毒,但...
we were talking a few nights ago, and...
我们几天前谈过
we think he might benefit from a sponsor.
我们觉得也许有个担保人对他更好
Yep. Yep. A wise decision.
是的,明智的决定
Yeah. And a... excellent choice.
而且,是很好的选择
Yeah, um, Alfredo has, uh,
对,阿弗雷多
helped me profoundly over the last 18 months, so, uh,
在过去的十八个月里帮了我很多
yeah, you're in excellent hands.
你找对人了
Actually, I was thinking
事实上,我在想
that you might be the man for the job.
你可能是这个活的合适人选
Alfredo tells me i can learn a lot from you.
阿弗雷多说我能从你身上学到很多
Yeah. Um...
哦...
Could you just... could you give us a moment?
你能不能...能不能回避一下
We'll just be one second, all right?
你稍微等一下
You're joking.
你在开玩笑
Do you think the idea of you
你觉得让你成为
becoming a sponsor is funny? Because I don't.
担保人这主意可笑吗,我不这么认为
I've been thinking about it for a while, okay?
我已经考虑很久了,知道吗
The stuff you said the other night pretty much sealed it.
那天你吐露的心声让我确定了这点儿
What "stuff"?
什么"心声"
Do you want to know why you've been
你想知道过去几周
so agitated for the last few weeks?
你为什么那么焦虑不安
Why you've been so distracted?
为什么那么心烦意乱
Because you feel bad about what happened to your friend.
因为你对你朋友的遭遇感到不好受
I told you.
我告诉过你
I was completely in the right.
我没有任何失误
Maybe for the old you, that would've been enough.
也许对以前的你来说,没错就够了
But not now.
但现在不够
You're different now.
你已经不一样了
You committed yourself to the program
你一直参加小组互助活动
and now you heard other people tell their stories.
在你听别人讲述他们的故事的时候
And a little empathy crept in.
同情心一点一点渗透进去
That's what's supposed to happen.
这是顺其自然应该发生的事
That's how it works.
就是这样起作用的
You want to help Detective Bell, but he won't let you.
你想要帮助贝尔警探,但他不让你帮
That is a good instinct to have.
有这种自觉很好
Why not try to apply it somewhere else?
为什么不试着把这种自觉用到其他地方呢
Being a sponsor means being available.
做担保人意味着需要时刻准备着
You know me. You know my work.
你知道我的,还有我的工作
It's all-consuming.
太花时间了
You find time for meetings, don't you?
你都能给互助会腾出时间了,不是吗
I'm sorry.
不好意思
I won't be able to make this evening's meeting after all.
今晚的互助会我可能去不了了
Duty calls.
有任务
As it always will.
源源不断的任务
Any luck? Aside from getting a master class
有什么发现吗,除了学到
in the difference between a switch and a fakie, no.
反脚和倒滑的区别之外,没了
No one walking by jumped out as suspicious.
没人看着像有嫌疑的
How was the meeting?
互助会怎么样
Probably quite good. I will never know.
应该不错,我不清楚
Because as soon as I got to Alfredo's,
因为我到了阿弗雷多家后
I was the victim of an ambush.
迎接我的却是场突袭
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
He expressed his opinion that it was time I became a sponsor.
他觉得我是时候当担保人了
And what did you say?
那你说什么了
I told him my life is not conducive to making myself
我跟他说我的人生
available every time someone else was in crisis.
不是为了给别人收拾烂摊子用的
You do get that no one's life is, right?
你要知道没有人的人生是,好吗
Oh, my God.
天啊
What is it?
怎么了
The man with the bag.
那个背着包的男人
I know him.
我认识他
Small world.
世界真小
Not that small.
没那么小
I don't remember his name.
我记不得他的名字
We crossed paths when I first started working with Chloe.
我刚开始和克洛伊合作的时候见过他
He came to her apartment one night.
某天晚上他去了她公寓
That you saying there is a connection between Chloe Butler,
你是说克洛伊·巴特勒
who discovered Donald Hauser's body, and a man seen
这个发现唐纳德·豪瑟尸体的人
in the vicinity of Rosalie Nunez's apartment
和罗莎莉·努涅斯被杀害没多久
shortly after her murder?
就出现在她家附近的人有某种联系
You're right-- the world is not that small.
好吧,世界是没那么小
I can't believe it, but yeah, that's Nelson.
我不敢相信,但没错,那是纳尔逊
Nelson Maddox. You said this was taken
纳尔逊·马多克斯,你说这照片
outside the apartment of the reporter who died?
是在死掉的那个记者家附近拍到的
A few blocks away.
只有几个街区远
You know how I recognized him, right?
你知道我是怎么认出他的吧
You were here that night.
那晚你也在
The night he came over.
他来找我那晚
He was yelling at you.
我看到他在冲你大吼
I mean, I assumed he was your ex, but...
我是说,我以为他是你的前男友,但...
you didn't want to talk about it, so I didn't push.
当时你不太想谈他,所以我也没多问
Nelson and I were...
纳尔逊和我
together...
在一起的时候
when I was using. Donald used to bring him
我还在吸毒,我还在餐厅工作的时候
into the restaurant when I still worked there.
唐纳德总带他过来
He introduced us.
他介绍我们认识的
Uh, Nelson said he was an entrepreneur.
纳尔逊说他是个企业家
But then I realized that was his way of saying "Criminal".
但后来我才意识到他指的是"罪犯"
What kind of criminal?
什么样的罪犯
I don't know. Something with drugs.
我不清楚,可能和毒品有关
He always had a fix,
他总能帮我搞到毒品
and back then, that's all that mattered to me.
那时,我也只关心这个
But after rehab...
但康戒之后
I told him that I couldn't see him again, and...
我告诉他我不能再见他了
he got angry, and...
他很生气,然后...
he came to see me...
他来找我...
It's okay, take your time.
没关系,慢慢来
I never saw him again,
我再没见过他了
not till you showed me his picture.
直到你刚刚给我看的照片
How did he and Donald know each other?
他和唐纳德是怎么认识的
Was Nelson a business client?
纳尔逊是他的客户吗
Yeah. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was.
是的,我非常确定他是
Well, if Donald swindled him,
如果唐纳德骗了他的钱
then he would have motive to kill him.
他就有杀人的动机了
But why hurt Rosalie?
但为什么要杀罗莎莉呢
Joan...
乔恩
you know you can't tell anyone about this.
你知道你不能跟任何人说起这个吧
The only reason that you recognized Nelson
你认出纳尔逊的唯一原因
was because you were here as my sober companion.
是因为你是我的康戒陪护
If you tell the police how you knew him,
如果你跟警察说起你怎么认识他的
you're gonna have to tell them about me, about my past.
你就必须告诉他们我的事,我的过去
Chloe... I know you don't like to talk about it, but...
克洛伊,我知道你不想谈起过去,但...
You don't understand.
你不明白
I am in a custody battle for Shane.
我在争取肖恩的监护权
His father doesn't know anything about my life before.
他父亲不知道我的过去
Wh-what do you mean?
你什么意思
The lawyers don't know.
律师不知道
The court doesn't know.
法庭也不知道
If it comes out now that I'm an addict,
如果现在被人发现我是个瘾君子
I mean, I-it looks like I hid it--
我是说,这看上去就很像故意隐瞒
they could use it to take Shane away.
他们会用这事夺走肖恩的
Two people are dead.
两个人死掉了
And that kills me, Joan.
这让我很难受,乔恩
But you signed a confidentiality agreement.
但你签了保密协议
You gave your word that you would protect me.
你发誓保护我的
I am sorry...
我很抱歉
but if you want to connect Nelson to Donald,
但如果你想把纳尔逊和唐纳德联系起来
you're gonna have to find another way.
你只能通过别的途径了
Let's make sure I understand you-- we now have a name
让我理清楚你的意思
to put to the face of the man that we believe
我们现在已经弄清楚谁残忍地
brutally murdered Donald Hauser and Rosalie Nunez,
杀害了唐纳德·豪瑟和罗莎莉·努涅斯
but we can't share it with the authorities?
但我们不能通知警方
Not unless we can connect the dots
除非在不牵扯克洛伊的情况下
without involving Chloe.
我们能把他们联系起来
Which, in this case, is the same thing,
但在现在这个情况下,这就是一个意思
because Chloe is the connection.
因为唯一的联系就是克洛伊
And all this over a promise
只是因为
you made in another career?
你前一份工作里做出的承诺
Yes. Just like the promise I made you
没错,就像我们刚开始工作时
when we first started working together.
我对你做出的承诺一样
Uh, what was it you told people I was back then?
你那时候是怎么跟别人介绍我的
Ah. A personal valet.
贴身女仆
If our confidentiality agreement
如果我们的保密协议
had ever come between us and a murderer,
涉及到谋杀案
I would have exposed myself as an addict in a heartbeat.
我绝对眼都不眨地承认我是个瘾君子
This is not about Chloe being ashamed.
克洛伊不是因为感到羞耻才拒绝的
It's bigger than that--
比那要严重得多
she could lose her child.
她可能因此失去她的孩子
That's unlikely even if the boy's father did find out,
不可能,即使孩子父亲发现了真相
and it's far from a certainty that he will.
而且孩子的父亲也不太可能发现真相
Donald Hauser was an execrable human being.
唐纳德·豪瑟是个恶棍
Rosalie Nunez was not.
但罗莎莉·努涅斯不是
She had a family; they loved her.
她有爱着她的家人
She had friends, colleagues-- many people consider her a hero
她有朋友,同事,还有许多人因为
for exposing Hauser...
她揭露豪瑟的事把她看做英雄
This is not up for discussion.
这件事没得商量
We have to find another way to connect Maddox to Hauser.
只有另找途径把马多克斯和豪瑟联系起来
And while we look for this other connection,
但在我们另找途径的同时
Mr. Maddox remains at large,
马多克斯先生却逍遥法外
free to cover his tracks or disappear.
随时能抹掉证据或消失不见
We should at least tell the captain what we've uncovered.
我们至少可以告诉警监我们的发现
Explain the situation,
跟他解释清楚情况
but make it clear that Chloe's identity is to remain a secret.
让他保密克洛伊的情况
I suggested that, okay? She said no.
我提过这个建议,但她拒绝了
What if we do it anyway?
我们为什么不就这么做呢
Why must she ever know?
她没必要知道这些,不是吗
So your solution is to make a liar out of me,
你的解决方案就是让我变成个骗子吗
after I told her that she could trust you?
在我告诉她你值得信任之后吗
I have us at the very doorstep of a solution, Watson!
我们离成功只有一步之遥了,华生
Did you not learn anything
贝尔受伤之后你难道
from what happened to Bell?
什么教训都没学到吗
He got hurt because of choices that we made!
他受伤是因为我们做出的决定
There was no way to predict that he would be placed in danger.
我们根本没办法预知他会有危险
Just like there's no way to know what's gonna happen to Chloe
如果我们把克洛伊牵扯到调查中
if we drag her name into this investigation.
你也没办法预知她会发生什么事
You beat the alarm.
你搞定了警报器
Only a matter of time.
不过是时间问题
And my home alarm.
还有我的家用警报器
Child's play.
轻而易举
Not really befitting a man in your line of work.
不应该是你们这行的水平
You might want to replace these.
你可能想换掉这些
Well, obviously you want to talk, so talk.
很明显,你想找人聊,那就聊聊吧
I've always had compassion
对于我调查的案件中的受害者
for the victims of the crimes I investigate.
我总是抱有同情
My capacity to place myself in other people's shoes,
我将自己置于他人境况中的能力
to imagine what they're thinking and feeling, is a...
以及想他人所想的能力
is a necessary skill in determining motive.
在调查犯罪动机中是一项必备技能
One at which I excel.
我在这方面很优秀
This capacity...
这种能力
has never been a detriment to my work.
从未对我的工作造成任何负面影响
Lately, however...
但是最近
Bell's been on your mind. I get it.
贝尔的事情让你耿耿于怀,我明白
And you would risk exacerbating this problem
但你却冒着让这一问题恶化的风险
by assigning me a sponsee.
给我分配一个被担保人
No one's "assigning" you anything.
没人在给你分配任何东西
That's not how it works.
担保与被担保不是这样进行的
I just think you're ready.
我只是觉得你准备好了
You think it's gonna...
你认为这能使我
focus me, and provide a relief valve
集中精力,并为我提供了一个渠道
for all the feelings I've been having
释放自己对于警探这件事
regarding the detective's situation.
所产生的情绪
Even if I did, there's one thing you got to remember.
即使我是这么想的,你也要记住一点
It's not about you.
这和你无关
You've gotten a lot out of the program.
你从互助会上学到很多
Don't you think it's time to give something back?
你不觉得也应该回馈些什么吗
Early start, I see.
这么早就开始工作了
Late night, actually. I tried to sleep but couldn't,
其实是在熬夜,想睡但睡不着
so I stayed at it.
所以就通宵了
Chloe said Maddox was a client of Hauser's,
克洛伊说马多克斯是豪瑟的一位客户
but his name is not in any of Hauser's accounts.
但他的名字从未出现在豪瑟的账本中
I've been over the records a dozen times--
我已经研究账本十多次了
I cannot find a link between the two.
还是不能找到二者的联系
If we were able to establish that Maddox lost money
如果我们能够找到证据,证明马多克斯
on Hauser's pyramid scheme, we would have our connection
在豪瑟的骗局中赔了钱,我们就能
without implicating Chloe,
将二者联系在一起,还不牵扯克洛伊
as well as Maddox's motive for murder.
也就找到了马多克斯的杀人动机
In the meantime, I sent Captain Gregson
同时,我把马多克斯在公园的录像带
the video of Maddox in the park
发给了格雷森警监
and convinced him to release it to the press.
并说服他公布录像
You were right.
你是对的
If we bring him in, it'll at least buy us some time.
如果我们逮捕他,还能为我们赢得些时间
And getting him in a room might shake out another connection.
审讯他也许能为我们找到另一条线索
Did you tell the Captain about Chloe? No. Remember how
你告诉警监克洛伊的事了吗,没有
I noticed Rosalie's laptop was missing from her apartment?
记得我发现罗莎莉的笔记本电脑失踪了吗
Well, I looked into it-- it never turned up.
我调查了一下,没发现笔记本电脑的去向
Then I told the Captain about the sap on Rosalie's door
我告诉了警监罗莎莉家门上的树液
and how that led us to the park.
以及我们如何通过它来到公园的
Then I sent him the video
然后将马多克斯身挎
of Maddox walking away with a laptop bag
电脑包,在案发时间左右
slung over his shoulder right around the time of the murder.
在公园出现的视频发给他
I couldn't give him Maddox's name
我不能告诉他马多克斯的名字
without bringing up, Chloe, of course,
因为这会牵扯到克洛伊
but at least his face is out there.
但至少他的样子已经公布于众了
I know it's not ideal.
我知道这不是最好的办法
But given the circumstances,
但基于现有的情况
it was quite literally all that we could do.
我们只能做这么多了
Well done.
干得好
It's Captain Gregson.
是格雷森警监
Someone saw Maddox's face on the news
有人在新闻上看到马多克斯
and called in a tip.
打电话来提供线索
A member of your outreach staff
你公司外展工作人员中的一位
met him at a fund-raiser
在募捐会上见过他
your organization threw about a year ago.
募捐会是你们公司在一年前举办的
She dug up the guest list for us.
她帮我们查找了宾客名单
The list gave us a name:
名单中显示,这人名叫
Nelson Maddox.
纳尔逊·马多克斯
I remember him.
我记得他
I met him through Donald.
我是通过唐纳德认识他的
I-I think Donald was the one
我想是唐纳德
who invited him to the fund-raiser.
邀请他参加募捐会的
Do you think you'd be able to shed
你能告诉我们
any light on their relationship?
他们之间的关系吗
Donald introduced him
唐纳德介绍他
as another client.
是一名客户
Uh... I think he had something to do with the art world.
我想他和艺术圈有关
In fact, he donated a few paintings
事实上,那晚他捐赠了
to the auction that night.
一些画作给拍卖会
I'm pretty sure they all sold.
我确定那些作品已全部售出
Thank you. This was very helpful.
谢谢,你的信息很有帮助
He said Maddox was a client of Hauser's
他说马多克斯是豪瑟的一位客户
who was involved in the art world.
并且是在艺术圈中的人
I have been all over that client list--
我仔细看了宾客单
the only thing that comes close is an art gallery in Chelsea.
和艺术圈有关的就是切尔西的一家艺廊
Maddox's name was not associated with it.
但马多克斯的名字与它毫无联系
But do you think he may have been a silent partner?
他会不会是隐名合伙人
Well, it would explain where he got all the art he donated.
这样的话就能解释他所捐赠的那几幅画了
Sorry, mm...
抱歉
No. You don't know him?
不认识,你不认识他
Fabiana, did you say it was?
你叫菲比安娜,对吧
Fabiana, would it be safe to assume
菲比安娜,我猜想
that you are not the owner of this establishment?
你不是艺廊的主人对吧
Why you assume that?
你为什么这么说
I mean no disrespect.
我没有任何不敬的意思
I'm sure you're a valued member of the team.
我确信你是团队中有价值的一名队员
But do you know the owner, or owners?
但你认识艺廊的所有者或者所有者们吗
Of course. But you don't know the man in the photograph.
当然认识,但你不认识照片中的人
And the name Nelson Maddox doesn't mean anything to you?
纳尔逊·马多克斯这个名字你也没听过
No. Sorry.
没有,不好意思
Uh, do you mind if we peruse?
你介意我们仔细看看吗
Huge fans of the neo-deconceptualists.
我们是新型非概念主义的粉丝
Sure.
没问题
Thank you.
谢谢
Neo-deconceptualists?
新型非概念主义者
Not a thing.
没这个东西
Don't tell Fabiana-- it might crush her.
别告诉菲比安娜,她会崩溃的
So she was obviously lying
很明显,她说自己不认识
about not knowing Nelson Maddox.
纳尔逊·马多克斯是在说谎
Yeah, obviously.
是的,很明显
Excuse me.
不好意思
You see something?
你发现什么了吗
Fabiana, did you open up the gallery this morning?
菲比安娜,今早是你开的门吗
Nothing out of the ordinary?
没什么可疑的吗
No.
没有
No.
没有
Heel scuffs on the floor.
鞋跟在地板上的划痕
Looks like someone was dragged.
像是拖拽某人造成的
Out here.
去了外边
Would you care to revise your answers?
你想要更改你的答案吗
Because it would appear
因为看起来纳尔逊·马多克斯
that Nelson Maddox has some connection
和这个艺廊
to this gallery after all.
还是有联系的
So, Maddox's car
马多克斯的车
was parked up the block, and inside it,
停在一个街区外的地方
we found the gun, right caliber, and the same
我们在车里发现一把口径相符的枪
kind of rope used to bind Donald Hauser and Rosalie Nunez.
还有捆唐纳德·豪瑟和罗莎莉·努涅斯的绳子
Now, under the circumstances, Fabiana admitted
在这样的情况下,菲比安娜承认
that Maddox was a silent partner, and
马多克斯是一位隐名合伙人
that his main line of work was distributing street drugs
他的主要工作是给那些秘密客户
to a discreet level of clientele.
提供毒品
As in, a dealer for rich people.
也就是为富人提供毒品
Presumably, her employers were not fond of admitting
可能她的老板不想承认
they had a drug dealer as an investor.
投资者中有一位贩毒者
Hence, her initial silence.
所以她保持沉默
So Maddox had money tied up in the gallery,
所以马多克斯的钱与艺廊联系在一起
and the gallery was a client of Donald Hauser's.
而艺廊又是唐纳德·豪瑟的一个客户
So, that explains why Maddox killed Hauser.
也就解释了为什么马多克斯杀了豪瑟
Now, the question is, who killed Maddox?
问题是,谁杀了马多克斯
And why did Maddox kill Rosalie Nunez
以及马多克斯为什么杀了罗莎莉·努涅斯
and steal her laptop?
还偷了她的笔记本电脑
She must have found something
在调查豪瑟的骗局时
on Maddox when she researched Hauser's pyramid scam.
她一定发现了什么
But if his only connection to Hauser
但如果马多克斯与豪瑟的唯一联系
was this gallery, what's so incriminating about that?
是这间艺廊,这又有什么问题呢
Watson, I think you're right.
华生,我想你是对的
About what?
关于什么
That Rosalie Nunez knew
罗莎莉·努涅斯知道
that there was more to this gallery than meets the eye.
这个艺廊肯定隐瞒了什么秘密
The red dots
这些红点
on the wall that are placed next to some of the pieces.
标记在某些作品旁边的墙上
As you would find in any such establishment,
这在艺廊里经常会看到
they're placed next to an item to indicate that that particular item has been sold.
是用来表示旁边的这幅作品已经出售了
But in this gallery...
可在这间艺廊里
the dots are consistently placed next to every third piece.
每隔两幅画就会标记一个红点
As if a single individual,
似乎是有个人
walking at a relatively steady pace, circled the room,
步伐匀速,绕着房间走
peeling off dots...
做下标记
randomly designating certain pieces as sold.
随机指定某些作品被出售了
Reality would never be so tidy.
现实不可能这么有规律
What we have here is a shoddily executed lie.
这一切都是一个粗制滥造的谎言
I submit that these dots exist
我认为这些红点
to make it look like business is being conducted in here.
是为了让这里看起来在正常营业
Whereas, in truth, the gallery in which we stand
而事实上,我们所在的这间艺廊
is much more likely a money-laundering front.
其实是个洗黑钱的掩护所
Fabiana?
菲比安娜
Can I trouble you for one more thing? Your books.
能再麻烦你一件事吗,你们的账本
If these items on the walls have indeed been sold,
如果墙上的这些作品真被出售了
you must maintain a record of whom they've been sold to, yes?
你们一定留有买家的记录,对吧
Yes.
You wanted to see me?
你们找我
Jacob Weiss, this is Captain Gregson of the NYPD.
雅各布·韦斯,这是纽约警局的格雷森警监
How do you do?
你好
Magnificent work you do.
你真是功德无量
Setting right, in at least some small way,
想为几十年前那场可怕的罪行
such a horrific wrong done decades ago.
做些弥补,尽管是很小的方面
I wonder how some of the Holocaust survivors would feel,
我很好奇,那些大屠杀的幸存者若知道
knowing that money had been claimed in their names
有人冒他们之名索赔,他们却毫不知情
without them knowing, or-or even seeing a dime.
更没拿到一分钱,会怎么想
Excuse me?
你说什么
You've been embezzling millions from your own charity by filing
你以幸存者的名义填写虚假的索赔申请
false claims in the names of survivors
从自己的慈善机构贪污了数百万
who are either dead, or who were simply never informed.
这些人要么已经死了,要么毫不知情
How-how dare you accuse me...?!
你岂敢指责我...
This is a list of people
这份名单上的人都应该
who supposedly bought artwork from Nelson Maddox's gallery.
从纳尔逊·马多克斯的艺廊买了作品
The same gallery that you claimed to know absolutely nothing about.
你声称对这间艺廊一无所知
Funny thing is,
但有趣的是
I remember seeing all of these names somewhere before.
所有这些名字我之前都见过
Here, on this sculpture.
就是这里,在这雕塑上
It's quite a coincidence, isn't it?
实在太巧了,对不对
So many of the gallery's customers
这么多艺廊的顾客
being survivors that you'd helped.
正好是你帮助过的幸存者
You and Nelson Maddox were business partners.
你跟纳尔逊·马多克斯是商业合作伙伴
You laundered the embezzled money through his gallery.
你用他的艺廊漂白你贪污的钱
That was the incriminating evidence
唐纳德·豪瑟的文件里
in Donald Hauser's files.
有你确凿的罪证
We strongly suspect that, as the charity's CPA,
我们怀疑,作为这家机构的注册会计师
Hauser realized what was going on, and even he
豪瑟发现了你的所作所为
couldn't stomach it.
就连他都无法接受
When his own house of cards came tumbling down,
在他自己的骗局被公之于众
and he decided to take his own life,
他决定自杀一了百了时
he also decided to share what he knew about your scheme with Rosalie Nunez.
他也把你的计谋告诉了罗莎莉·努涅斯
In your own words,
用你自己的话说
perhaps it was a "Karmic counterbalance."
可能这就是为了"消除业障"
We think his mistake was giving you a heads-up.
我们觉得他错在给你提了个醒
Probably when the two of you had dinner a few nights ago.
也许就是几晚前你们俩吃晚餐的时候
That gave you time to contact Maddox,
这让你有时间联系马多克斯
who then tortured out of Hauser what he'd done with the files.
他折磨豪瑟说出了文件的下落
Maddox then killed Rosalie, and took her laptop.
然后马多克斯就杀了罗莎莉并拿了她的电脑
When you saw on the news that we had
当你在新闻上看到
identified Maddox as the killer,
我们确定马多克斯就是凶手后
you killed him to cover your tracks.
你杀了他以求自保
We're already working our way down that list of supposed art buyers.
我们已经在查那份艺术品买家的名单了
So far, not one of them or their families had any idea
到目前为止,没有人或其家人知道
they'd been awarded six-figure settlements.
他们获得了六位数的赔偿金
I don't suppose you'd like to explain why that is.
我想你不太想解释这事的原因吧
Oh, sorry. I was, uh...
不好意思,我...
I was looking for Captain Gregson.
我在找格雷森警监
Detective Bell.
贝尔警探
That's all right. Come in.
没关系,进来吧
Frank Da Silva.
我是弗兰克·达·席尔瓦
Have a seat.
请坐
As in, Deputy Commissioner Da Silva?
您是达·席尔瓦副局长
Captain Gregson was nice enough to lend us his office
格雷森警监善意地提供了他的办公室
so that we could speak privately.
好让我们能单独聊聊
What do you know about my division, Detective?
你对我的部门有多少了解,警探
I got a pretty good idea.
有些了解
You're in charge of an intelligence unit? Surveillance?
您主管情报部门,负责监控是吗
It's called the Demographics Unit.
其实叫做人口统计学部门
The-the name's not mine.
这名可不是我起的
To me, uh, being so euphemistic--it's, um,
我觉得,起个这么委婉的名字
makes it sound like you're doing something wrong.
弄得好像是在做什么见不得人的事
And we're not.
可事实并非如此
We're just...
我们只是
keeping an eye out on certain groups.
关注某些特定的人群
Listening for concerning chatter.
监听可疑的对话
I think if you took a close look at what we've been doing,
我相信如果你详细了解我们的工作
you'd agree that we're keeping the city safe.
你会同意我们是在保证城市的安全
You don't have to convince me...
您其实不必说服我
No, but I'd like to. Sir?
但我想要说服你,您这是...
I wanted to talk to you
我来跟你说这些
because your situation has been brought to my attention.
是因为有人跟我说了你的情况
I'm told that you are an exceptional detective.
我听说你是名非常出色的警探
You're a man with a good head on his shoulders,
你是个很有头脑的人
who, by no fault of his own,
却因为别人的原因
may be staring at a desk job for a good, long time.
可能有很长一阵子只能做文职工作
Or...
或者
you could come work for me.
你可以来我的部门
Does that interest you, Detective?
你有兴趣吗,警探
Would you care to help protect your city from the next attack?
你愿意与我一同保护纽约免受下一次袭击吗
Enter!
请进
Randall, thank you for coming.
兰德尔,谢谢你过来
Sure.
没什么
Cool place.
这地方真不赖
Won't you please sit down?
请坐吧
Look, man...
听着,伙计
if you don't want to be my sponsor, it's all good.
如果你不想当我的担保人,没关系
I do.
我想
I do.
我想当
When I chose Alfredo to be my sponsor, I did so on a whim.
当初我选阿弗雷多做我的担保人全是一时兴起
I felt pressure to find one, so I chose him at random.
我迫于压力,然后随便挑了他
I had very low expectations of him,
我对他完全没什么期望
and of sponsorship, in general.
对这种担保制度也一样
Didn't think I needed either.
觉得我不需要这些
I was wrong.
但我错了
He has taught me how to get the very most out of the program.
他教会了我如何从这个项目里获利最大
He did not coddle me.
他并没有拥抱安慰我
And so, if we choose to formalize our relationship,
所以如果我们要正式开始这段关系
I will not coddle you.
我也不会拥抱安慰你
If you have come seeking a friend,
如果你是来找朋友的
look elsewhere.
最好去别处
If you need a therapist,
如果你需要咨询师
I will happily supply you with a list.
我很乐意给你推荐人选
I will only ever be your sponsor.
我只会做你的担保人
I will share with you my methods,
我会跟你分享我的方法
and hope that your commitment to sobriety is as great as my own.
并期望你和我一样对戒毒下定决心
Are these terms acceptable?
你能接受这些条件吗
You're sober.
你不再吸毒了
You have been for a long time now.
已经戒了很长时间
Of course I find the terms acceptable.
我当然能接受这些条件

重点单词   查看全部解释    
vague [veig]

想一想再看

adj. 模糊的,不明确的,犹豫不决的,茫然的

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
clientele [.klaiən'tel]

想一想再看

n. 诉讼委托人,(总称)客户

联想记忆
status ['steitəs]

想一想再看

n. 地位,身份,情形,状况

联想记忆
therapist ['θerəpist]

想一想再看

n. 临床医学家

 
identified

想一想再看

adj. 被识别的;经鉴定的;被认同者 v. 鉴定(id

 
gallery ['gæləri]

想一想再看

n. 美术馆,画廊,顶层楼座,狭长的房间

 
evidence ['evidəns]

想一想再看

n. 根据,证据
v. 证实,证明

联想记忆
randomly ['rændəmli]

想一想再看

adv. 任意地,随便地,胡乱地

 
extent [iks'tent]

想一想再看

n. 广度,宽度,长度,大小,范围,范围,程度

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。