- aWe have to pick up Conrad before the party.
我们在派对开始前要去接康瑞德。
- bAlright, no problem.
好的,没问题。
- aWe're supposed to meet him at Cal's Bar at 10
00,but he said he might be a little late. So maybe we\'ll have a drink there.
- bWait a minute. Cal's bar?
等等,凯尔酒吧?
- aYes.
是的。
- bThat's a gay bar.
那是同性恋酒吧。
- aYes, it is. Conrad is gay. Didn't you know?
是的。康瑞德是同性恋,你不知道吗?
- bI thought he was maybe gay, but I wasn't sure.Anyhow, you don't expect me to go into a gay bar, do you?
我想他可能是同性恋,但是不确定。不管怎么说,你要我去同性恋酒吧吗?
- aWhy not? We're supposed to meet him there.
为何不?我们约在那儿碰面的。
- bWhy doesn't he meet us outside?
为什么不在外头碰面?
- aWhy should he do that? It isn't illegal for us to go in.
为何他要那么做?我们进去又不违法。
- bYeah, but who wants to go in?I'm not gay, you know. Why should I go in a gay bar?
没错。但是谁要进去?我不是同性恋,为何要去同性恋酒吧?
- aYou sound like you're afraid.
听起来你好像很害怕。
- bI just wouldn't be comfortable.
我只是会很不自在。
- aYou've never been in a gay bar before?
你以前没去过同性恋酒吧吗?
- bNo, never.
从来没有。
- aBut it's just a bar. There's no danger.You shouldn't be so homophobic.
只是酒吧,不会危险的。你不要对同性恋这么恐惧。
- bWell...
嗯……
- aListen. If you refuse to go in, Conrad will be offended.You don't hate gay people, do you?
听好,如果你拒绝进去,你将会冒犯到康瑞德。你又不讨厌同性恋,不是吗?
- bNo, I don't. But I never went into a gay bar before.
是的,我不讨厌。但是我从来没去过同性恋酒吧。
- aDon't worry about it. There is nothing strange about it.If Conrad's there, we'll leave for the party.If he's not, we'll sit down and have a drink.
别担心,没什么好奇怪的。如果康瑞德到了,我们就去派对。如果还没,我们就坐下来喝杯酒。
- bOkay. I will try it.I suppose it isn't reasonable for me to refuse to go in.After all, gay people aren't afraid to go into normal bars.
好,我试试看。我想我没理由拒绝进去。毕竟同性恋者不会害怕去一般的酒吧。
- aI'm glad you feel that way.We'll leave in about ten minutes, alright?
我很高兴你那么想。我们十分钟后离开好吗?
- bFine.
好的。