I'm Sloane Stephens.
我是斯隆·斯蒂芬斯。
I'm a professional tennis player and the founder of the Sloane Stephens Foundation.
我是一名职业网球运动员,也是斯隆·斯蒂芬斯基金会的创始人。
Tennis has been my vehicle to do all of the things that I've wanted to do in my life.
网球一直是我实现人生中所有想做的事情的工具。
My foundation is based in Compton.
我的基金会设在康普顿。
Hi!
你好!
Compton is an underserved community, and most of the kids in Compton will never pick up a tennis racket.
康普顿是一个服务匮乏的社区,康普顿的大多数孩子永远不会拿起网球拍。
When we started working in the school district, it made my vision so much more clear.
刚开始在学区工作时,我对这里的情况了解更加清晰了。
We have tennis, we have education, we have summer camp, our diversity camps.
我们有网球,有教育,有夏令营,还有多元化的营地。
And then we do Saturday tennis, which is where we're going now.
然后我们周六会打网球,现在我们就是要去网球场。
Nice job.
打得好。
Now we're in about 20 schools in Compton at recess, and we have afterschool programming.
现在,我们在康普顿大约20所学校的课间休息时间开展活动,并且我们有课后项目。
It's all under Sloane's direction.
这一切都是斯隆安排的。
She just sort of guides all of us who come out every day and work with the kids.
她引导着我们所有人,我们每天都来和孩子们一起工作。
Well then you coach them then.
那你去训练他们吧。
The Athletes for Good grant will support our summer camps, offering 8 weeks of daily tennis and academic improvement for 100 plus kids.
“运动员公益基金”将支持我们的夏令营,为100多名孩子提供为期8周的每日网球和学业提升课程。
That was a good one.
那个打得好。
My foundation is my biggest source of pride and joy.
我的基金会是我最大的骄傲和快乐源泉。
As much as I've put into the organization, I've gotten back a hundred times more.
我为这个组织付出了很多,而我得到了超过百倍的回报。
I'm so excited for the future of the foundation, and to see many more kids enjoy the sport.
我对基金会的未来充满期待,并且希望看到更多的孩子享受这项运动。











