Sam Grewe, reigning champion, 180.
山姆·格雷,本届冠军,180分。
He’s in first place.
排名领先。
I remember being 11 years old, watching the Rio 2016 Paralympics for the first time.
我记得11岁时,第一次观看2016年里约残奥会。
Watching my idol, Sam Grewe, will himself to a Silver medal.
看着我的偶像山姆·格鲁,赢得了一枚银牌。
This historic moment in US high jump history.
那是美国跳高史上的历史性时刻。
And I remember telling myself: I’m gonna be the greatest Paralympian of all time.
我记得当时告诉自己:我要成为有史以来最伟大的残奥会选手。
Looking back to that moment, the idea was a dream, that is far fetched, and some might even say impossible.
回首那一刻,这个想法是一个梦想,它遥不可及,甚至有人会认为它绝不可能。
Reaching levels of success do not come easy.
成功来得并不容易。
The next step was hard work.
下一步就是艰苦的努力。
Right now, I am five months post-graduation from high school, and I’m taking a gap year, training, preparing for Paris in 2024.
现在,我已经高中毕业五个月了,准备休学一年,进行训练,为2024年的巴黎奥运会做准备。
I was born with one finger on my left hand.
我出生时左手就只有一根手指。
I had a lower left leg that was curved in towards my waist, and at three years old, I had a fifteen hour procedure, where the doctors removed the curved part of my left leg and then transplanted the big toe from the left foot and put it onto my left hand so I could pick things up.
我的左小腿下部朝腰部弯曲,三岁时,我接受了一次长达15小时的手术,医生切除了我左腿弯曲的部分,然后将左脚的大脚趾移植到我的左手上,这样我就可以拿起东西了。
I could hold things.
我可以握住东西。
And I was about four years old when I got my very first running blade.
我大概四岁的时候,拥有了人生第一个跑步刀片。
It was in that moment that I felt the freedom of running for the first time.
就在那一刻,我第一次感受到了跑步的自由。
I felt the freedom of movement for the first time.
我第一次感受到了行动的自由。
And I guess never looked back since.
我想,从那以后就再也没有回头路了。
It’s difficult to fail at anything that you really care about in life.
如果有一件事你非常在意,却总是做不到,那是很难受的。
Ezra Frech, his third attempt at this height.
埃兹拉·弗雷奇,他第三次尝试这个高度。
Let’s go Ezra!
加油,埃兹拉!
It’s even more difficult to fail in front of millions of people.
在数百万人面前失败,这让人更难受。
And he comes up empty.
他空手而归。
If I missed a height that I didn’t think was possible for me to clear, it’d be one thing, but I knew I could have cleared that bar.
如果我从未跳过我认为自己不可能跳过的高度,那没关系,但我知道我本来是可以跳过那个横杆的。
I’ve cleared it once or twice before. I was devastated.
我曾经跳过去那么一两次。我很崩溃。
I felt as though I had let down my entire family, my friends, everyone who believed in me.
我觉得我好像让整个家庭、朋友、所有相信我的人都失望了。
That was a brutal night, as a dad.
对我父亲来说,那一晚很残酷。
He was inconsolable.
他伤心欲绝。
He sacrificed being a kid He sacrificed being a kid to make sure he made the team and he was ready for Tokyo.
他牺牲了自己的童年时光,确保自己能够入选国家队,并为东京奥运会全力以赴。
That moment is now a source of motivation for me.
现在,那一刻成为了我的动力源泉。
It’s used as fuel to go back and win Paris and reassess things and do everything right in the lead up to this next Paralympics.
它变成了燃料,促使我在巴黎奥运会上赢得胜利,让我重新评估一切,并在下一届残奥会之前做好万全准备。
You’re way over. Almost look like Sam Grewe there.
你超过了很多。看起来几乎就像山姆·格鲁了。
I think we can go a little higher. I agree.
我觉得我们可以再调高一点。同意。
I’m gonna go up to 85.
我要加到85。
What’s exciting for me about high jump is this incremental nature of the improvement.
跳高让我很兴奋,它是这种循序渐进的进步。
It almost symbolizes life.
它就像生命一样。
Yeah, I mean - you just gotta come out of that quicker.
是的,——你得快点从那种状态中走出来。
How often times you don’t jump from 0 to 100, but rather you climb step by step.
很多时候,你不是一下从0跳到100,而是一步一步地攀登。
Little wins after little wins, until the big win happens at the world championships, or at the Paralympics.
一点一点地取得胜利,直到在世界锦标赛或残奥会上大获全胜。
I hate when that happens.
我讨厌那种情况。
In and out. In and out.
来来回回。来来回回。
My dad has done so much for me. He’s there on the track, testing blades.
我爸爸为我付出了很多。他在赛道上,测试过刀片。
He’s there for early training sessions. He’s there on trips with me.
他陪我参加早期训练课程。和我一起旅行。
How’d that feel? That felt good.
感觉怎么样?很好。
He knows. He knows I’m going to be there for him no matter what.
他知道。他知道无论发生什么我都会在他身边。
Go. Let’s see if he catches it.
走。看他能不能接住。
Good dive.
接得好。
Paris 2024 is all I think about. It’s what consumes my mind.
2024年巴黎奥运会是我的全部。我满脑子想的都是它。
I know that to get to Paris in 2024, I’ve got to come back to where it all started.
我知道,参加2024年巴黎奥运会,我就回到了最初的起点。
My Starting Lines.
我的起跑线。
Nature... family, community, love, all the things that fueled me to get to where I want to go.
自然……家庭、社区、爱,所有这些都激励着我去追求我想要的。
Crazy, huh?
难以置信,对吧?
So beautiful.
太美了。
The conception of Angel City Sports came because my family and I recognized why were adaptive athletes that lived in the Southern California area having to travel all the way across the country just to find a track meet?
“天使之城体育”这个概念源于我和我的家人意识到,为什么居住在南加州地区的适应性运动员要一路穿越全国才能找到一场田径比赛?
I was having to travel to Oklahoma.
我当时不得不前往俄克拉荷马州。
Tornado alley in tornado season. It was absurd to think about.
龙卷风季节的龙卷风走廊。太荒诞了。
And that’s when the idea sparked.
就在那时,这个想法突然闪现了。
Fast forward a couple of years, we had our first games, and then we started providing year-round clinics and competition.
几年后,我们举办了第一场比赛,然后开始提供全年诊断和比赛。
Day one, Angel City Sports Courage Weekend. Let’s get it.
第一天,天使之城体育勇气周末。开始吧。
Angel City Sports is a nonprofit for kids and adults with disabilities, and we provide sport programming year-round, at all ages and all ability levels, which is something unique to Angel City.
“天使之城体育”是一个为残疾儿童和成人提供服务的非营利组织,我们全年提供体育项目,涵盖所有年龄段和所有能力水平的人,这就是天使之城的独特之处。
We are here for our Courage weekend.
我们来这里是为了参加勇气周末。
This is specifically for our first responders, and our veteran community.
这是专门为我们的急救人员和退伍军人社区准备的。
How are you? Good, man.
你还好吗?很好,老兄。
I’m pumped for you guys in Chile. You guys are gonna be movie stars.
我为你们在智利的表现感到兴奋。你们会成为电影明星的。
All of you are here because we know the power of sport, right?
你们来这里,是因为我们知道体育的力量,对吧?
We know what it does for you physically, what it does for your soul, the way it connects people, it brings people together.
我们知道它会对你的身体产生什么作用,它会对你的灵魂产生什么作用,它能连接人们,把人们聚集在一起。
You know, I think he’s able to draw motivation from a lot of places.
他能从很多地方汲取动力。
He loves being in the adaptive sports community.
他热爱身为适应性体育社区的一员。
Really loves teaching people.
很喜欢教导别人。
That’s become one of his specialties, which is so cool because he knows exactly what to tell an above knee amputee.
这已经成为了他的专长之一,太酷了,因为他非常清楚该对膝上截肢者说些什么。
I buckled it in, yeah.
我把它扣好了,是的。
There’s a video of him running, his leg flies off.
有一段他跑步的视频,他的腿飞了出去。
It was pretty sketchy.
不忍直视。
Oh!
天哪!
Do a nice little “J” shape towards the bar, you take off, jump, and land on your back on the mat.
面向横杆,做一个漂亮的小“J”体形,起跳,跳跃,然后背部着地落在垫子上。
Beautiful. Nice, you’re bringing a lot of heat.
很好。不错,你的热场效果很好。
All of us were able bodied at one point serving our country, and then we had some injury.
我们所有人都曾身体健全,为国家服务,后来受伤了。
And to be able to come back, try this new sport, it’s just really nice to be a part of the community again.
能够重回体育界,尝试这项新运动,再次成为这个群体的一员真的很好。
You’re killing it. We’re going to have to go up higher. Everybody’s clearing this.
你太厉害了。我们得调高一点。所有人都能跳过去。
Like butter.
厉害。
Ezra is a world champion in high jumping he’s my biggest cheerleader which is what you really need from the coach sometimes.
埃兹拉是世界跳高冠军,他是我最大的啦啦队长,有时你非常需要从教练那里得到这些。
Teaching people how to high jump for the first time.
第一次教人们如何跳高。
It fills me with pride to be able to deliver that to some amazing people, giving them the same gift that the sport gave me.
能够把它传递给一些了不起的人,让他们也感受到这项运动带给我的礼物,这让我非常自豪。
I would trade in 100 gold medals, if it meant that I could change lives in the process.
如果在这个过程中,我可以改变人们的生活,那我愿意用100枚金牌去交换。
Hey, you guys are the best, man. That was so awesome.
嘿,你们是最棒的,伙计。真是太棒了。
I’m grateful to have my family to constantly be surrounding me with that love and support and reassurance as I pursue something so daunting.
我很感激我的家人,在我追求如此艰巨的目标时,他们一直用爱、支持和安慰包围着我。
Being around the people who love and support me, helps me recharge. Helps me light that fire again.
和爱我、支持我的人在一起,能帮我充电。帮我再次点燃那团火。
You know what? She’s my real starting line. Oh, baby. I love you, mom.
你知道吗?她才是我真正的起跑线。哦,儿子。我爱你,妈妈。
Ezra Frech.
埃兹拉·弗雷奇。
Uncharted territory... new heights.
从未有人达到的高度……新的高度。
191, the new world record. Going for 195... This man is unstoppable!
191,新的世界纪录。冲击195……真是势不可挡啊!
You put forth into the universe that you were going to make Tokyo, and you did it.
你向宇宙宣告你要参加东京奥运会,你做到了。
One day you’ll become a Paralympian.
总有一天,你会成为一名残奥会运动员。
One day you’ll break the world record.
有一天你会打破世界纪录。
You’ll win your first world title.
你将赢得你的第一个世界冠军。
It’s all going to fall into place.
一切都会水到渠成的。
Trust the process.
相信这个过程。











