手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

什么是石钟乳和石笋?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey there! Squeaks and I are exploring the mysterious world of caves.

嘿,你们好!我和吱吱正在探索神秘的洞穴世界。

They can seem to be a little dark and spooky...but they’re also so amazing!

洞穴世界可能看起来有点黑暗和诡异, 但它们也实在太令人惊叹了!

We recently visited our friend Sam the Bat in his family cave.

我们最近去拜访了我们的朋友蝙蝠山姆,他住在他家的洞穴里。

And even though Squeaks thought caves were dark and scary at first, now that he’s started to learn more about them, he’s not so afraid.

尽管吱吱一开始认为洞穴又暗又可怕,但现在他开始对它们有更多的了解,他并不那么害怕。

Oh, but he still thinks that the rock icicles growing from the roof and floor of the caves still look pretty creepy.

哦,但他仍然认为,从洞穴的屋顶和底部长出来的岩石冰柱看起来仍然很吓人。

There’s a good reason they happen, though, and it’s not scary at all!

然而,它们的存在是有充分理由的,而且一点也不可怕!

Do you remember when we talked about how important water is in forming caves?

你还记得我们说过水在洞穴形成中有多重要吗?

Those weird looking rock structures that look like they’re growing from the ceiling and floor of the cave are also because of water.

那些看起来奇怪的岩石结构,看起来像是从洞穴的顶部和底部长出来的,也是因为水。

And they have some really fun names: The ones on the ceiling are called stalactites… …and the ones on the floor are called stalagmites!

它们有一些非常有趣的名字:顶部的名字叫石钟乳……底部的的名字叫石笋!

Now, those words sound kind of the same, so here’s a little trick that you can use to remember which is which.

现在,这两个词听起来差不多,这里有一个小技巧,你可以用来记住它们哪个是哪个。

The word stalaC-tites has the letter C in it…

StagaC-tites一词中有字母C,

and the word ceiling starts with the letter C.

单词ceiling以字母C开头,

And stalactites are stuck tight to the ceiling…

石钟乳(stalactites)紧贴在顶部(ceiling)...

While the word stalaG-mites has the letter G in it… and the word ground starts with the letter G!

而stalaG-mites(石笋)这个词有字母G,而ground(底部)这个词以字母G开头!

And stalagmites grow up from the ground.

石笋从地下长出来。

Neat, right?

很简单,对吧?

Of course, they don’t technically grow.

当然,严格来说,它们不会生长。

Rocks aren’t alive, so they don’t really grow the way plants and animals do.

因为岩石没有生命,所以它们不会像植物和动物那样生长。

They just get bigger over time.

随着时间的推移,它们只会变得更大。

And that’s thanks to water making its way through the cave!

这要归功于从洞穴中流过的水!

Squeaks comments Oh!

吱吱评论哦!

Squeaks thinks rocks are too hard to be changed by water.

吱吱认为岩石太硬了,水不能改变岩石。

Which makes sense, because we can pour water on rock and it looks pretty much the same… just wetter.

言之有理,因为我们可以把水倒在岩石上,它看起来几乎不变,只是更湿润了。

Well, land and rocks are changed by water…

嗯,水改变了土地和岩石…

it just happens so slowly that we can’t see it with our eyes.

变化只是发生得太慢,以至于我们用眼睛看不到。

But we can do an investigation to help show us how this happens!

但我们可以做个调查来展示这是怎么发生的!

Okay, for our investigation we just need a few things.

好,我们的调查只需要几样东西。

A glass of water… a spoon… and some sugar.

一杯水…一把勺子…还有一些糖。

Let’s start by looking at our sugar.

让我们先来看看我们的糖。

What observations can we make?

我们能做些什么观察呢?

The sugar feels gritty, like sand.

糖摸起来像沙子一样粗。

And it’s kind of hard and crunchy.

而且糖有点硬,而且很脆。

Oh, and of course we know that sugar tastes sweet!

哦,我们当然知道糖尝起来很甜!

We just got the water out of the tap… and we know water doesn’t have any taste. And it looks clear.

我们刚把水从水龙头里放出来…我们知道水是没有味道的。而且看起来很清澈。

Let’s see what happens when we put the sugar in the water and stir it a little.

让我们看看当我们把糖放进水里并稍微搅拌一下会发生什么。

Yes! It looks like it disappears!

是! 糖看起来像是消失了!

We can’t see little pieces of sugar in the water at all.

我们在水里根本看不到小糖粒。

But… if we take a spoonful of the water and taste it… mmmm it’s sweet.

但是…如果我们拿一勺水尝一尝,嗯,很甜。

Even though we can’t see the sugar, it’s there!

尽管我们看不到糖,但它还在水里!

Our evidence is that we can taste it.

我们的证据是,我们可以品尝到它的味道。

The water broke the grains of sugar down into even smaller pieces and these got mixed into the water.

水将糖分解成更小的颗粒,这些颗粒被混合到水中。

The sugar pieces are so small we can’t see them, but we sure can taste them!

糖粒太小了,我们看不见,但我们肯定能尝到!

But what if we want to see the sugar again?

但如果我们想再看到糖呢?

Well, If we left the glass alone for a long long time, we would see that the water dries up but the sugar stays.

嗯,如果我们把玻璃放一段时间, 我们会看到水会变干,但糖会留下来。

We tried this experiment and, look, see?

我们试过这个实验,看,看到了吗?

The sugar is still there!

糖还在那里!

Squeaks wants to know what this has to do with caves and stalactites and stalagmites!

吱吱想知道这与洞穴、石钟乳和石笋有什么关系!

Well when water makes a cave, it breaks down rock into smaller and smaller pieces, just like the sugar.

当水塑造洞穴时,它会把岩石分解成越来越小的碎片,就像糖一样。

These tiny pieces of rock get mixed into the water and we can’t see them anymore.

这些岩石碎片被混合到水中,我们再也看不到它们了。

And if this water runs over a crack in the ceiling of the cave, it drips out carrying the little pieces of rock with it.

如果水从洞穴顶部的裂缝里流出来,它就会带着岩石碎片一起滴下来。

As the water dries up, it leaves the little pieces of rock behind, just like when the water dried up in our investigation, it left the sugar behind.

当水变干时,会留下小块岩石,就像调查中的水变干时,会留下糖一样。

If the water dries up before it drips to the ground, it forms a stalactite, and if it drips onto the ground, a stalagmite grows up!

如果水在滴到地面之前就变干了,就会形成石钟乳,如果滴落到地面,就会长出石笋!

Over a long period of time, more slowly than our eyes can see the rock piles up.

经过很长一段时间,岩石堆积起来的速度比我们肉眼所能看到的还要慢。

It looks like a rock icicle that grows and grows and grows.

它看起来就像一个不断生长的岩石冰柱。

So what do you think?

你觉得怎么样?

Maybe they still look a little odd, but they’re definitely amazing!

也许它们看起来还是有点奇怪,但这真是令人称奇!

Thanks for joining us here on SciShow Kids.

感谢你们观看《少儿科学秀》。

If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks, me, and all of our other friends, be sure to hit the subscribe button, and we'll see you next time here at the Fort!

如果你想继续与吱吱、我和我们所有的朋友一起学习、玩耍,一定要点击订阅按钮,我们下次在福特堡见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
crack [kræk]

想一想再看

v. 崩溃,失去控制,压碎,使裂开,破解,开玩笑

联想记忆
spoon [spu:n]

想一想再看

n. 匙,调羹,匙状物
vt. 以匙舀起

 
evidence ['evidəns]

想一想再看

n. 根据,证据
v. 证实,证明

联想记忆
ceiling ['si:liŋ]

想一想再看

n. 天花板,上限

联想记忆
mysterious [mis'tiəriəs]

想一想再看

adj. 神秘的,不可思议的

联想记忆
icicle ['aisikl]

想一想再看

n. 冰柱,冰垂

联想记忆
stir [stə:]

想一想再看

n. 感动(激动,愤怒或震动), 搅拌,骚乱

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。