手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

神奇的穴居动物

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Sunscreen?

防晒霜吗?

Squeaks, I don’t think we’re going to need sunscreen…

吱吱,我认为我们不需要防晒霜……

Oh, hey everyone!

哦,大家好!

Squeaks and I just got an invitation to go visit Sam the Bat and his whole family in the cave where they live.

我和吱吱刚收到蝙蝠山姆和他家人的邀请,要前往他们居住的洞穴。

We’re just thinking about what we might need to bring.

我们只是在考虑我们可能需要带些什么。

That’s what I mean, Squeaks!

吱吱,这就是我的意思!

Sam lives in a cave, so sunscreen isn’t going to be very useful.

山姆住在洞穴里,防晒霜没有用。

Well, Squeaks, maybe we will need a snorkel and flippers, or maybe we won’t!

好吧,吱吱,也许我们需要呼吸管和潜水橡胶蹼,也许我们不需要这些东西!

Caves seem like they might be all the same, but actually, there are lots of different kinds of caves.

洞穴看起来都一样,但实际上,有很多不同种类的洞穴。

Some caves can be wet and others can be dry.

一些洞穴可能很潮湿,另一些洞穴可能很干燥。

Caves are a kind of habitat.

洞穴是一种栖息地。

A habitat is a place where living things make their home, like forests or coral reefs or almost any place on Earth.

栖息地是各种生物安家的地方,比如森林、珊瑚礁或地球上几乎任何地方。

Caves exist all over the world, and lots of different animals live inside them.

世界各地都有洞穴,各种不同的动物住在里面。

That’s right!

对!

Some animals, like bats, sleep in caves during the day and come out at night.

有些动物,像蝙蝠,白天在洞里睡觉,晚上从洞里出来。

But other animals live so deep inside they never come out to the surface at all.

还有一些动物生活在地球深处,它们从来没有浮出过水面。

Let’s look at some examples of animals that live their whole lives inside of caves.

让我们来看看一些一生都生活在洞穴里的动物的例子。

This is an Olm, a type of salamander from Europe.

这是一只洞螈,属欧洲蝾螈目。

A salamander is a creature that looks like a lizard, but is actually more like a frog!

蝾螈是一种外形像蜥蜴,但实际上更像青蛙的生物!

This is a Mexican Tetra. It’s a type of freshwater fish.

这是一只墨西哥脂鲤。它是一种淡水鱼。

Some can live in rivers on the surface, but many of them live in caves.

有些脂鲤可以生活在地表的河流中,但许多却生活在洞穴中。

And this is a Pe’e Pe’e Maka Ole, or Kauai Cave Wolf Spider. It lives Hawaii.

这是一只考艾岛洞狼蛛。它生活在夏威夷。

All of these animals have caves as their habitat!

所有这些动物都把洞穴作为它们的栖息地!

Animals who live in the same kind of habitat often share the same characteristics.

生活在同一栖息地的动物通常具有相同的特征。

Can you see anything these three animals have in common?

你能看出这三种动物有什么共同之处吗?

That’s right, they don’t have any eyes.

没错,它们没有眼睛。

That’s because they don’t need to use their sense of sight as much as they need their other senses.

这是因为它们不需要像用其他感官那样多地使用视觉这个感官。

A sense is how living creatures know things about the world around them.

感官是生物如何了解周围世界的感觉器官。

When you see or hear or taste, you’re using your senses to learn about your environment.

当你看、听或尝时,你是在用你的感官来了解你的环境。

Try this: if you can, turn off the lights in your room.

可以试试这个: 如果可以的话,把你房间的灯关掉。

Or just close your eyes really tight.

或者紧紧地闭上眼睛。

Don’t worry Squeaks, it’s going to be just a second.

别担心,吱吱,只需要一秒钟。

I’ll be right next to you the whole time. Okay, ready?

我会一直陪在你身边。好的, 准备好了吗?

All right, pay attention to your other senses.

好了,注意你的其他感官。

What can you hear?

你能听到什么?

I can hear my breath, and a little wind outside…

我能听到自己的呼吸,还有外面的微风……

And we can hear each other.

我们可以听到彼此的声音。

I can also feel the temperature around me, and I can touch the table in front of me, or feel my way around if I need to walk.

我也可以感觉到周围的温度,我可以触摸我面前的桌子,在我需要走路的时候可以感觉到周围的路。

What about you? What can you notice around you?

你们呢? 你们能注意到你周围的什么?

Okay, let’s put the lights back on.

好了,我们把灯打开。

Yeah! That was fun!

是啊!太有趣了!

We can learn a lot about our surroundings even without sight.

即使没有视觉,我们也能了解周围的很多情况。

People and other animals that live in habitats where there is lots of light, find it useful to be able to see.

人类和一些动物生活的地方光线充足,能看到东西非常有用。

But we know that cave habitats are very dark.

但我们知道洞穴栖息地非常黑暗。

Just like when we turned off the lights.

就像我们关灯的时候一样。

Animals are adapted to the habitats where they live.

动物适应了它们所生活的栖息地。

This means they have different body parts, or other characteristics, that make it easier to live in their environments.

这意味着它们有不同的身体部位或其他特征,使它们更容易在环境中生活。

So animals that don’t need to be able to see because they live in deep, dark caves also don’t need eyes as much as they need their other senses.

因此,那些生活在黑暗深处的动物不需要看东西,它们也不需要眼睛,因为它们需要其他感官。

Even though they can’t see, the animals still need other senses to help them find food, move around, and escape predators.

即使它们看不见,动物仍然需要其他感官来帮助它们寻找食物,四处移动,躲避捕食者。

What do you think they can use to sense things in their environment?

你认为它们可以用什么来感知环境中的事物?

Right! They might smell if another animal is nearby.

没错! 它们可能会闻到附近是否有其他动物。

Or the spider or the olm might use their legs to feel where they are going.

蜘蛛或洞螈可能会用它们的腿来感觉要去哪里。

They are really cool, Squeaks.

吱吱,它们真的很酷。

Maybe when we get to Sam’s cave, he’ll know an olm that we can visit.

也许等我们到了山姆的洞穴,他会认识一个我们可以去拜访的洞螈。

We better finish getting ready!

我们最好做好准备!

Thanks for learning about cave animals and senses with us, and watching this episode of SciShow Kids.

感谢与我们一起学习穴居动物及其感官,感谢观看本期的《少儿科学秀》。

You can ask a grown up to help send questions to us.

你可以求助家长,向我们提问。

They can get started at pateron.com/scishowkids.

点击pateron.com/scishowkids开始提问。

And thank you all for joining us here at the Fort!

感谢大家来到沃斯堡!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
temperature ['tempritʃə(r)]

想一想再看

n. 温度,气温,体温,发烧

 
characteristics [,kærəktə'ristiks]

想一想再看

n. 特性,特征;特质;特色(characteristi

 
escape [is'keip]

想一想再看

v. 逃跑,逃脱,避开
n. 逃跑,逃脱,(逃

 
environment [in'vaiərənmənt]

想一想再看

n. 环境,外界

 
episode ['episəud]

想一想再看

n. 插曲,一段情节,片段,轶事

联想记忆
spider ['spaidə]

想一想再看

n. 蜘蛛

 
lizard ['lizəd]

想一想再看

n. 蜥蜴,蜥蜴皮

 
habitat ['hæbitæt]

想一想再看

n. (动植物的)产地,栖息地

联想记忆
invitation [.invi'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 邀请,招待,邀请函,引诱,招致

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。