手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

用我们的感官探索海洋(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey, did you know that salt comes from rock, Squeaks?

嘿,吱吱,你知道盐来自岩石吗?

Our planet is made up of lots of different kinds of rocks and minerals.

我们的星球是由许多不同种类的岩石和矿物组成的。

Salt like the kind you put on your food is a mineral, too.

你放在食物上的那种盐也是一种矿物质。

And we find it in lots of places all over the world.

我们在世界上很多地方都能找到它。

Rainwater breaks off tiny pieces of the rocks and minerals, which wash into our rivers and streams.

雨水将岩石和矿物质的小碎片冲入河流和小溪。

All rivers run into the ocean so those tiny bits of rocks and minerals eventually make their way to the ocean, including salt that we can taste.

所有的河流都流入海洋,所以那些微小的岩石和矿物质最终会进入海洋,包括我们可以品尝到的盐。

And there are lots of rivers on our planet.

在我们的星球上有很多河流。

Because there's so many rivers dumping salt into the ocean all at once and since the ocean has been around a really really long time.

因为有很多河流同时向海洋中倾倒盐,而且海洋已经存在了很长一段时间。

The ocean gets saltier, the older it gets.

海洋存在时间越长越咸。

Great question, Squeaks.

吱吱,问得好。

River water doesn't taste salty because rivers are always moving and rivers and lakes are always being refilled with fresh unsalty water every time it rains or snows, which means less salt in the water.

河水尝起来不咸,因为河流总是在流动,每次下雨或下雪时,河流和湖泊都会重新注入新鲜的不咸的水,这意味着水中的盐更少。

When the river meets the ocean, it drops off all the salt it's carrying and that's where the salt stays.

当河流与海洋相遇时,河流所携带的盐就会落在海水里,盐就会留在那里。

But there's more than just salt in the ocean water.

但海水中不仅仅只有盐。

That's right.

对。

There are animals living in that water.

有动物生活在水里。

So many different animals, marine mammals, like dolphins and whales, lots of fish, crabs, clams. The list goes on and on.

有很多不同的动物,海洋哺乳动物,比如海豚和鲸鱼,还有很多鱼、螃蟹和蛤蜊。这样的例子不胜枚举。

There's so much ocean on our planet and it's home to a lot of life.

在我们的星球上有很多海洋,它是很多生命的家园。

But there are also lots of teeny tiny animals and plants in the ocean.

但是海洋里也有很多微小的动物和植物。

So small that you can't see them with just your eyes.

小到你无法用眼睛看到它们。

You need help from a microscope.

你需要显微镜的帮助。

Squeaks, we have friend who I know could tell us more about the tiny creatures in the ocean.

吱吱,我认识一个朋友,她可以告诉我们更多关于海洋里微小生物的事情。

Yes, let's call up our friend, Grady, the tardigrade.

是的,让我们打电话给我们的朋友,缓步动物格雷迪。

Well, howdy, partners, how y'all doing today?

伙计们,你们好,你们今天过得怎么样?

Hi, Grady, we're doing great.

嗨,格雷迪,我们很好。

Squeaks just got back from the beach and we were hoping you could tell us more about the tiny plants and animals that live in the ocean.

吱吱刚从海滩回来,我们希望你能告诉我们更多关于生活在海洋里的小植物和动物的事情。

Well, golly, I'd be happy to.

天啊,我很乐意。

These here vomits are known as plankton.

这些呕吐物叫做浮游生物。

Plankton or tiny plants and animals that live in the water.

浮游生物或生活在水中的微小动植物。

As you can see, there's a lot of them.

如你所见,有很多。

In fact, if you scooped up a handful of ocean water, there would be millions of these little fellas in there.

事实上,如果你舀一把海水,里面会有数百万个这样的小家伙。

There might be more plankton in that water than there are humans living in a big city.

水中的浮游生物可能比居住在大城市的人口还多。

But you can't see most of them with just your eyeballs. You need a microscope for that.

但仅凭眼睛是看不到大部分的。你需要一个显微镜。

A microscope is a special science tool that uses lenses you can look through to help you see things that are really small, things like me and my plankton pals.

显微镜是一种特殊的科学工具,它使用透镜来帮助你看到非常小的东西,比如我和我的浮游生物朋友。

And even though these critters are small, they're mighty important to our whole planet.

尽管这些生物很小,但它们对我们整个星球都非常重要。

Some of these plankton are quiet also called phytoplankton, which help make the oxygen that we all need to breathe, just like the plants on land.

这些浮游生物中的一些也被称为浮游植物,它们帮助制造我们呼吸所需的氧气,就像陆地上的植物一样。

And some of these critters are animals and they're also known as zooplankton.

其中一些浮游生物是动物,它们也被称为浮游动物。

They eat the phytoplankton and are also food for bigger ocean creatures.

它们以浮游植物为食,也是大型海洋生物的食物。

Did you know that the blue whale, the largest animal on earth mostly eats tiny plankton cults krill?

你知道蓝鲸,地球上最大的动物,主要吃微小的浮游生物,磷虾吗?

They gulp down 16 tons of krill every day. 16 tons is as heavy as four elephants.

它们每天要吞下16吨磷虾。16吨相当于4头大象的重量。

It's amazing that there's so much happening in the ocean that we can't see.

令人惊讶的是,海洋中发生了这么多我们看不到的事情。

Yes, siree, the world sure is cool like that.

是的,兄弟,世界确实很酷。

Well, partners, I need to get back to wrangling this here heard of zooplankton.

好了,伙伴们,我得继续讨论这个关于浮游动物的话题了。

It was great talking with y'all. Have a great day now here.

和你们聊天很愉快。祝你们今天过得愉快。

Bye, Grady, thanks for chatting with us.

再见,格雷迪,谢谢你和我们聊天。

Wow, Squeaks, did you have any idea all that was happening in the same water where you were playing?

哇,吱吱,你知道在你玩耍的水里发生了什么吗?

Really learned a lot about the beach today and how you can use all of your senses to experience it.

今天真的学到了很多关于海滩的知识,以及如何运用你所有的感官去体验它。

The next time you're somewhere new.

下次你去一个陌生的地方。

You can use your senses to explore that new place and help you understand it, too.

你可以用你的感官去探索那个新的地方,也可以帮助你理解它。

For example, what new sounds do you hear? What new sense do you smell? And what's making those sense?

例如,你听到了什么新的声音? 你闻到了什么新的感觉? 什么形成了这些感觉 ?

What new types of plants and animals do you see?

你看到了哪些新的植物和动物?

What do these new plants or animals sound like?

这些新的植物或动物听起来像什么?

All those things and more are part of what makes a place special and unique.

所有这些都是使一个地方特别和独特的一部分。

Thanks for joining us here at the Fort.

感谢你来到沃斯堡。

If you want to keep learning and having fun with me, Squeaks and all of our friends, be sure to hit the subscribe button.

如果你想继续和我、吱吱以及我们所有的朋友们学习、玩耍,一定要点击订阅按钮。

We'll see you next time here at the Fort.

我们下次在沃斯堡见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
unique [ju:'ni:k]

想一想再看

adj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的

联想记忆
microscope ['maikrəskəup]

想一想再看

n. 显微镜

联想记忆
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
mineral ['minərəl]

想一想再看

adj. 矿物的
n. 矿物,矿石

联想记忆
whale [weil]

想一想再看

n. 鲸
vi. 捕鲸
v. 鞭打,

 
gulp [gʌlp]

想一想再看

n. 字节组 v. 吞,呛,抑制 [计算机] 字节组

联想记忆
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探险,探测,探究

联想记忆
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 
mighty ['maiti]

想一想再看

adj. 强有力的,强大的,巨大的
adv.

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。