Oh, excuse me, Dr. Jill. I'm still picking up from the weekend.
哦,对不起,吉尔博士。我还在整理周末被孩子们弄乱的房子。
My house looks like a hurricane hit it!
我的房子看起来就像被飓风袭击过一样!
What happened?
发生了什么?
My family came for a visit.
我的家人来看我了。
They have three kids under five.
他们有三个五岁以下的孩子。
It was a three-ring circus!
这是一个三环马戏团!
I know what you mean!
我明白你的意思!
I have some little nephews that are like that.
我有几个小侄子就是这样的。
And you gave me a good idea for a lesson.
你让我想到了一节课。
Oh, good.
哦,太好了。
You can tell me while I finish cleaning up.
你可以等我打扫完再告诉我。
Okay, you used two similes to describe the situation in your house.
好的,你刚刚用了两个明喻句来描述你房子里的状况。
A simile uses the word "like" or "as" to describe someone or something by making a comparison to someone or something else.
明喻使用了单词“like”或“as”,通过将某人或某物比作其他人或物来描述某人或某物。
First, you said it looks like a hurricane hit.
首先,你说它看起来像被飓风袭击过一样。
We all know the strong winds of a hurricane leave many broken things.
我们都知道飓风所产生的强风会留下许多破碎的东西。
Yes, that looks a little like my house today.
是的,那看起来有点像我今天的房子。
So, when you compare one thing to a different thing, you are using a simile.
因此,当你把一个事物比作另一个事物时,你使用的就是明喻。
The other simile you said was "It was like a three-ring circus!"
你说的另一个明喻句是“这就像一个三环马戏团!”
Here's my favorite one--when the children are in bed, we say they are "snug as a bug in a rug."
这是我最喜欢的一句话——当孩子们躺在床上时,我们说他们“像裹在毯子里的虫子一样舒服”。
Haha! I hope there are no bugs in your rug!
哈哈!我希望你的毯子里没有虫子!
And that's Everyday Grammar!
以上就是今天的《每日语法》!