手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 新闻编辑室 > 新闻编辑室第二季 > 正文

新闻编辑室第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第8集 大选之夜(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

This is "ACN Reports"

这里是《ACN新闻报道》
and tonight we tell you the story of Operation Genoa.
今晚我们将向您讲述热那亚行动
We asked if sarin gas was used.
我们问他是否使用了沙林毒气
We used sarin.
我们用了沙林
You here for a call? Congratulations?
有你的电话,贺电吗
General Stomtonovich. Charlie, he's screaming.
斯托姆诺维奇将军,查理,他在大喊大叫
What's he saying we did? Edited him out of context.
他是怎么说我们的,断章取义
He digitally remastered an interview.
他用数码技术篡改了采访
That is the all of it. That's it.
事情就是这样
The shot clock jumped from 19 to three
计时器从19跳到3
to two to 14.
到2又跳到14
I think I shouldn't say anything more until I've talked to a lawyer.
我想在见到律师前我不该再多说什么了
You're fired. I know.
你被解雇了,我知道
We have to retract Genoa tonight.
我们今晚得收回热那亚报道
We'll call the election tomorrow and then resign.
明天报道选举,然后我们就辞职
No, I do not accept your resignations.
不,我不接受你们的辞职
And Jerry Dantana's not gonna get one fucking dollar.
杰利·丹塔纳休想拿到一分钱
We don't have the trust of the public anymore.
我们彻底失去公众的信任了
Get it back!
那就重新树立
I just need to know we're off the record.
我需要确认,这是私下谈话
That hurts me. Hallie.
你太伤人了,哈莉
You believe I would violate our trust for a story?
你觉得我会为一篇报道背叛你的信任吗
I believe you'd sell me into slavery for a story.
我觉得你为了报道,能把我卖作奴隶
Well, that's just not true. Say we're off the record.
怎么会呢,说这是私下谈话
We're always off the record.
我从来都是私下谈话的
I need it for specifically right now.
你得明确地说出来
You need me to say the words? Yes.
你要我说这几个字,对
You really need me to say the words?
你非要我说这几个字
Yeah, and you haven't yet.
对,你到现在还没说
Well played. Hallie.
你赢了,哈莉
Yeah? Say them.
怎么,说
We're off the record.
这是私下谈话
Last night at around 1:30 in the morning,
昨晚凌晨1点30左右
Charlie, Will, and Mac all resigned.
查理,威尔,麦肯都辞职了
Don and Maggie and I were resigning.
唐,玛姬和我也要辞职
Sloan, Neal was resigning.
斯隆,尼尔也是
I knew you guys I could tell you guys
我了解你们,你们做取证准备时
were gonna do that all during the depo prep.
我就知道你们会这么做
Wait, you said were. Were resigning.
等等,你说"要"辞职
Leona wouldn't accept their resignations Charlie, Will, and Mac.
莉安娜不接受查理,威尔和麦肯的辞职
You're kidding. No.
开玩笑吧,没有
Why? She didn't think it was the honorable thing to do.
为什么,她不认为那是义举
No, seriously. Hallie, I'm telling you,
别闹,哈莉,我说真的
she won't accept their resignations and she won't settle the suit.
她不肯接受他们辞职,也不愿和解诉讼
She wants to do the honorable thing. Those were her words.
她想要做出义举,这是她的原话
And to her, that means standing by us and not caving to the pressure.
而她的义举,就是支持我们,不屈服
This is unprecedented. Yeah.
闻所未闻啊,是啊
You have to let me quote you on this.
你得让我引述你的话
All these years, what did you think "off the record" meant?
当了多年记者,你以为"私下"是什么意思
I'm saying on background. No.
我是指概要,不行
No. There's no story until Charlie says so.
不行,查理发话前,不得走漏一丝风声
She'll hold you in material breach.
她会告你们实质违约(实质违约,是指实质性的、故意的违约)
Are you just saying that? No, she's very serious.
信口开河吧,不,她是认真的
If we resign anyway, she'll sue us?
若我们执意辞职,她会告我们
She'll win, too.
而且会胜诉
We're trying to do the right thing. So is she.
我们是想做正确的事,她也是
There's a mob out there with pitchforks.
一群豺狼虎豹等着吃了我们呢
She doesn't like mobs. What if the mob's right?
她不喜欢豺狼虎豹,倘若豺狼虎豹有理呢
They're not. Says who?
他们没理,谁说的
Me and her.
我和她
We aired a story. A small story? No.
我们报道了一则新闻,是小新闻吗,不是
A story asserting that we used...
我们声称,美军使用了
Sarin gas. On civilians.
沙林毒气,而且是对平民
We retracted the story 48 hours later
我们48小时后收回了这则新闻
because we were a little wrong? No.
因为我们犯了小错误吗,不
We aired A complete fiction.
我们播报了一篇,彻头彻尾的假消息
You don't have to be mean about it. You aired a bad story.
你不用这么损嘛,你们播了条烂新闻
It was a great story. If only it had been true.
是条好新闻,真的新闻才是好新闻
Well, I'm sorry we didn't meet your East Coast intellectual standards.
抱歉,我们不符合你们东海岸的学术标准
Hey, I'm not fucking around.
我可不是在闹着玩
She's not accepting your resignations.
她不接受你们的辞职
This place is crippled. I understand that
这地方都废了,我知道
To start with, we don't have military sources anymore.
首先,我们失去了军方的消息来源
The DOD doesn't talk to us. Do you think that's maybe
国防部不肯跟我们说话,你说这会不会是
because you falsely accused them of heinous war crimes?
因为你们错误地指责他们犯下了可怕的战争罪
I do. I think that's the reason.
没错,我认为这正是原因
But that's small beer compared to our public credibility.
但是这跟我们的公信力相比不值一提
That, your credibility Has disappeared?
你们的公信力,完全化成灰了
Yes. So one less thing we have to worry about.
没错,至少以后不用再操心这个了
Why are you jovial?
你还有心情说笑
I've appointed myself in charge of morale.
我自觉担当起了重振士气的重任
That's what it's come to. He's right.
沦落到这份上了,他说得对
We aired a doctored tape in support of a fake report.
我们用篡改过的视频来证实一则假新闻
The guy who doctored the tape is suing us.
篡改视频的人,居然反过来起诉我们
The woman who's always wanted to fire us won't let us resign.
一直想炒了我们的女人,居然不准我们辞职
The unhappiest guy in the building is in charge of morale.
而楼里最阴暗的人,居然负责士气
We have gone to the zoo! True story.
都乱成一锅粥了,一点不假
Yeah. Which is more than we can say about the story.
是啊,比我们的报道更真实
That's right. But on the bright side
没错,但好的方面是
There is no bright side, Father Flanagan.
根本就没有好的一面,弗拉纳根神父
Don't finish that sentence. I wasn't gonna be able to anyway.
别瞎编了,我本来也编不出来
Reese is having a viewing party upstairs?
里斯在楼上办收视派对吗
Yeah. Look at me.
没错,瞧瞧我
Why am I looking at you?
看你干什么
Because I'm dressed for the party.
我为派对特地打扮过了
Got it. I look hot.
明白了,我多性感
I'm gonna go upstairs Liquid sex.
我要上楼去,性感诱人
I'm gonna go upstairs and what are you saying?
我要上楼去,你刚刚说什么
I just described myself as liquid sex.
我刚刚说我自己性感诱人
Add to the list that this is our lawyer.
再加一条,她居然是我们的律师
No kidding. I'm gonna go upstairs at some point tonight.
可不是,我今晚某个时间要上楼去
When? When there's a minute.
什么时候,有时间的时候
I'm gonna go upstairs and work on Reese.
我要上楼去劝服里斯
You want me to help? I'd love you to.
要我去帮忙吗,再好不过
But someone has to endure the soulswallowing humiliation
但是总得有人承受巨大耻辱
of having their name and face broadcast
在接下来六个小时中
next to the ACN logo for the next six hours.
挨着ACN台标播报新闻
I can't believe you guys didn't choose him for the morale job.
你们居然没选他来重振士气
I'm gonna need to talk to Don Keefer.
我要找唐·基佛
He's pretty busy right now.
他正忙着呢
Later, then. Why?
那就待会儿,什么事
He has attorney/client privilege,
他有律师当事人保密特权
but he's not gonna be happy.
只能告诉你,不是好事
All right. Can I have a moment?
好吧,能单独谈谈吗
Sure.
当然
I think he meant with me.
他是想跟我谈
That wasn't made clear.
他又没说清楚
MacKenzie's taking this the hardest.
麦肯兹受的打击最大
She wanted it to be over.
她想让事情快点结束
She thought she was gonna be humanely put down.
她自以为能为大家牺牲
Yeah, she's, you know, she's shaken up.
她受刺激了
You can fire her.
你可以解雇她
You don't need Leona's permission and I can't do it without yours.
你不需要莉安娜的允许,我要解雇必须有你允许
And she can't quit. I know. I'm not firing anybody.
她又不能辞职,我知道,我谁都不会解雇
I'm not firing anybody either.
我也不会解雇谁
I just badly need to get fired myself.
但是我自己得马上被解雇
So you'd agree this is an unusual situation?
那么你也认为现在的情形很不寻常
These things
这些东西
why don't you just set yourself on fire instead of the cigarette?
你还点烟干什么,干脆把自己点了吧
One's enjoyable to me and the other would cause a lot of pain.
点根烟是件愉快的事,把我自己点了得多疼啊
It's not even a choice. Have a good show.
这哪叫选择,好好播报吧
Good show.
一切顺利
Want this back? No.
还要吗,不了
There's a race for state rep in Hutchinson, Kansas, that defies clich?
堪萨斯哈钦森的州众议员选举,违背常理啊
The Democratic incumbent, Jan Pauls, is antigay.
现任的民主党议员简·保尔斯反同性恋
Gay marriage? Gay person antigay.
反对同性婚姻吗,反对同性恋者
The Democrat is the state's leading LGBT opponent.
民主党候选人是该州最大的LGBT反对者(LGBT:同性恋,双性恋,变性者)
She narrowly defeated her primary challenger Erich Bishop,
她险胜初选对手埃里希·贝肖普
the openly gay son of a former Klan member.
前三k党成员的儿子,且是公开同性恋
Tonight, Jan Pauls faces off against her Republican challenger,
今晚,简·保尔斯要面对共和党挑战者
who's a prochoice,
是个支持堕胎
progay rights railroad conductor named Dakota Bass.
支持同性恋权益的列车长,达柯塔·巴斯
There's no way I'm not spending the entire night talking about this race.
今晚,我要好好谈谈这场选举
I am.
我要谈这个
I called it. What do you mean you called it?
我先抢了,什么叫你先抢了
I just told you about it. Did you call it?
这是我才告诉你的,但是你没抢啊
I No. Right?
我,没有,对吧
I don't want to get in the middle of anything,
我可不想搀和你们的事
but I've always understood that you had to call it.
但我一贯认为,这种事要先抢的
I did call
我有...
okay, it's obviously every man for himself out there.
好吧,显然这世道人心险恶
Hey. It's time to get you guys wired.
你们得带麦了
Taylor, I know it's your first time,
泰勒,我知道这是你的第一次
so don't worry that you're going to be bad at this.
如果你做得不好也没关系
Not worried, not my first time.
我不担心,这不是我第一次了
If it turns out that you're bad on TV,
万一你在直播中表现不好
everyone else can cover for you. Cool.
大家都能替你打圆场,好的
I mean, you'll still have to sit there for six hours,
但你还是得坐在那六个小时
but you'll do it silently. Copy.
只不过不说话而已,知道了
We open with polls closing in Kentucky, South Carolina,
我们会以肯塔基州,南卡罗来纳州,佛蒙特州
Vermont, Virginia, Georgia, and Indiana.
佛吉尼亚州,乔治亚州和印第安纳州的投票结束来开场
And we can call Indiana and Kentucky for Romney.
已经可以判定印第安纳和肯塔基归罗姆尼了
Yeah, baby. You are to show no partisan emotion.
太好了,你不能表现出党派偏好
And another thing, I'm not an embed on your bus.
还有,我不是你车上的随行记者
I'm the senior producer of ACN's Election Night coverage.
我是ACN大选之夜报道的高级制片人
I brief the very important panelists,
我只对重要的讨论组嘉宾做简报
which is why I brought Maggie to brief you.
所以我让玛姬来给你做简报
Have a good show, everyone.
大家加油
Is there an ancient grudge between your two families?
你们两家是世仇吗
I called MacKenzie and told her that
我打电话告诉麦肯兹
Jim gave away a oneonone with the candidate
吉姆把专访罗姆尼的机会
to another reporter on the bus.
让给了车上另一个记者
And we just generally have a special relationship.
所以我俩之间的关系比较特殊
Hallie. I'm sorry?
哈莉,抱歉
Yes, he gave it to Hallie.
对,他把机会给了哈莉
She's his girlfriend now, so he's just mad that I ratted him out.
她是他的现任女友,所以他恨我打小报告
But I had to. I'm Maggie Jordan.
但我不得已,我是玛姬·乔丹
Hi. I hate Jim, too.
嗨,我也恨吉姆
No, you don't. Yes, I do.
不,你不恨他,我恨
I don't hate Jim. I do.
我不恨吉姆,我恨
Would it bother Jim if you knew something before he did?
要是你比他早知道某件事,他会抓狂吗
It would a lot, yeah. Then we can both win.
绝对会的,那我们就双赢了
Talk to me.
跟我说说
Talk to me, too, sister.
也跟我说说,姐妹
Be less desperate for female friends.
对女性朋友别太迫切了
I'm gonna own you out there.
我在直播中会让你难堪的
Have a good show tonight. You, too.
今晚加油,你也是
This is gonna be the night when social media
今晚将是社交媒体
takes the mantle of democracy from Yeah, yeah, yeah.
接过民主的火炬...行了
Hey, did you know your book sold for $1,000?
你知道你的书卖了一千美元吗
What do you mean? At the auction.
什么意思,拍卖会上
My book? It got bid up to $1,000.
我的书,竞价高达一千
And you were afraid no one was gonna buy it.
你之前居然还怕没人买
Go back for a second.
从头给我说
On Sunday, the auction Reese had for Sandy relief.
周日,里斯为桑迪赈灾举行了拍卖会
I was supposed to sign a book. You did sign a book.
我本该给一本书签名,你签了
Reese asked all the talent to contribute something.
里斯呼吁所有主持人捐一份心意
Will donated a round of golf with Will.
威尔捐了跟他打高尔夫的机会
Elliot's letting someone read the news.
埃利奥特捐了上电视读新闻的机会
And Reese wanted you to donate dinner and a movie,
里斯想让你捐陪你吃饭看电影的机会
but you said you'd sign a book.
但你说,你想给一本书签名
Because I thought nobody bidding on a book
因为我觉得没人为一本书竞价
would be less embarrassing than nobody bidding on a date.
总好过没人为跟我约会竞价
Do you honestly can I ask, do you seriously think
你真觉得...我问你,你真的觉得...
I'm not suggesting you should have donated a date
我不是说你应该捐陪你约会的机会
but do you really think that if you had,
但你真以为,那样的话
no one would have bid on it?
没有人会为此竞价吗
What I'm saying is that would have been embarrassing.
我的意思是,那样会很难堪
So why not just donate the
为什么不直接把钱
money directly to Sandy, which is what I did.
捐给桑迪赈灾,我就是这么做的
Well, your book went for $1,000.
你的书竞拍到了一千美元
Someone spent $1,000 on
真的有人花了一千块买
"Hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic: The Economics of PostWorld War I Germany"?
《魏玛共和国的恶性通货膨胀:一战之后德国的经济》
Hey, I'm as surprised as anyone,
我也很吃惊
but I think what they were buying was your autograph.
但我觉得,他们在意的是你的签名
I didn't sign it. You did.
我没签名,你签了
I didn't. I saw the inscription.
我没有,我都看见了
"I hope you shred this book"?
"我希望你撕了这本书"
Is that what that means? Yes. I mean, I think. Yes.
是这个意思,对,我想是的
Then it says, "Thank you for your generosity, Sloan Sabbith."
后面又说, "感谢您的慷慨,斯隆·莎碧斯"
Are you sure? That was in English.
你确定,后面那句是英文
I didn't sign the book. I was supposed to leave it
我没有签名,我本该在周末之前
on my desk before I left for the weekend and I didn't.
签完留在我桌上,但我没有
Somebody signed a copy for you and sent it to the auction.
有人替你签了,然后送去拍卖会了
And somebody paid $1,000 for it.
还有人为此付了一千块钱
I feel terrible. I feel really bad about this.
我感觉很糟很难过
Please don't enlist me
别找我帮...
I need you to help me find the person who bought it.
我需要你帮我找到,是谁买了这本书
435 House races tonight,
今晚要竞选435个众议院席位
33 Senate races, 538 electoral votes
33个参议员席位,还有538张选举人团选票
Yeah, but this is important.
对,但这事很重要
Got it.
知道了
Are you busy?
你很忙吗
What do you need? Well, I have a story, but I need
你想干嘛,我有个新闻,但我...
Did you see the newest exit poll dump? I didn't.
你有没看到最新的一批出口民调,没有
3% of voters didn't decide until today who they were voting for.
3%的选民直到今天才决定要选谁
How do they break? 5243 Obama.
什么比例, 52比43,奥巴马占多数
So, listen, Brody in California condemned Todd Akin, right?
加州的布罗迪声讨了陶德·艾金,对吗
This morning. Took a special kind of courage to wait two months.
今早,真有勇气,居然敢等两个月
His pollster must have told him he had to.
一定是民调专家告诉他必须声讨
He had a reason not to. What?
他有不声讨的理由,什么
In 1990, Brody wrote in an SFA publication,
1990年,布罗迪在SFA的出版物中写到
SFA: Students for America
美国的一个学生组织
"It's a sad fact, but women cry rape "
可悲的是,女性声称强奸
to avoid embarrassment, to exact revenge,
是为了避免尴尬,实施报复
or just to draw attention.
或者只为吸引注意
If we have rape exceptions to abortion laws,
若在堕胎法中添加强奸的特例
women could now cry rape to terminate an innocent life.
那女性就可以声称强奸,来终结无辜的生命
We should be able to look past the"
我们应该看透..."
"look past the mendacity. "
看透这种谎言
Children are conceived by love, not by rape."
孕育孩子的,是爱,而不是强奸"
He condemned Akin? This is what I'm saying.
他声讨了艾金,没错
This morning on Election Night? I think you're right.
在大选之夜的早上,我认为你说得对
I think he has a pollster who looked at undecided women
我觉得是民调专家分析了摇摆不定的
1835 and told him he had to roll the dice.
18到35岁的女性,告诉他应该碰碰运气
How did you find this quote?
你在哪找到这段话的
Taylor Warren pointed me to it.
泰勒·沃伦告诉我的
She's a Republican.
她可是共和党人
Why are you whispering that?
干嘛这么小声
I love her doing the right thing.
我喜欢她做正确的事
It wasn't so much that
倒不是这原因
as wanting to give me something Jim didn't have.
她是想给我一则吉姆不知道的消息
Ah, so it's adorable. Yeah.
还挺可爱的,对
I called his office for comment
我打给他办公室询问评论
There's not gonna be anyone in his office. This is election day.
他的办公室不会有人,今天是大选日
His campaign office, too, but I didn't get very high up.
竞选办公室也没人,不过本来也没抱希望
Didn't you used to take showers with his chief of staff?
你不是跟他的幕僚长洗过澡吗
John Webb? Yeah.
约翰·韦布,对
We played tennis.
我们打过网球
And then took showers together?
然后一块洗澡了
It's the
这...
I'm gonna make the call, but they're individual showers.
我会打电话的,但淋浴是分开的
Cool. For privacy.
好,尊重隐私嘛
When you cut your hair, did you want to look like
你剪头发时,是不是想剪成
Joey Heatherton and something went terribly wrong?
乔伊·希瑟顿,结果大大地剪坏了(乔伊·希瑟顿:歌星,以行为举止打扮怪异出名)
Yep. It's ringing.
对,通了
Yeah? John, it's Don Keefer.
喂,约翰,我是唐·基佛
Tell me some good news.
告诉我点好消息
I don't have exits for you.
我没有出口民调给你
I need to ask you about something the congressman wrote
我得问你,议员在1990年
in a Students for America publication in 1990, okay?
为美国学生出版物写的东西
John? Yeah?
约翰,我在
He wrote, "It's a sad fact, but women cry rape."
他写到, "可悲的是,女性声称强奸"
Yeah, I know it, Don. All right.
我知道,唐,好吧
First, can you confirm that it's him?
首先,你能确认那是他写的吗
Okay, Don, I'm gonna call you back, all right?
唐,我过会儿给你回电话,好吗
We're on the air in a few minutes.
我们一会就要直播了
Can I get you to hold it till I talk to some people?
你先等等,让我找人谈谈,行吗
Why would I do that?
为什么
I think I can trade you something.
我觉得我能跟你做个交易
You know we're in no mood to be fucked around with, right?
我们没心情被人耍着玩,明白吗
I do know, and I'm not.
我知道,我没有
You have until 8:30 Eastern or we'll go on the air
我等你到东部时间八点半,然后我们就直播
with "The congressman's office declined to comment."
并说"议员的办公室拒绝评论"
Got it.
知道了
What do you think he wants to trade?
你觉得他想交易什么
I don't know.
我不知道
Do you think there is any chance we just got incredibly lucky?
你觉得我们会不会碰上大运了
Well, our luck has been outstanding lately.
我们最近可是鸿运高照啊
The first Republican governor in North Carolina since '88.
1988年来,北卡罗来纳州的首位共和党州长
We have to throw it to someone.
总得有人评论一番
We can slide five minutes to get what's his name Louden?
可以划出五分钟来讨论...什么名字...劳登
Yeah. Is it Louden?
对,是劳登吗
First two congressional races
最早出结果的两场国会竞选
Maine one for Chellie Pingree
缅因一区,归了车丽·平格瑞
and New York three for Steve Israel.
纽约三区,归了史蒂夫·伊斯雷尔
Decision's saying we'll be able to call South Carolina four.
决策台说,可以判南卡罗来纳四区了
For who? I'm sorry?
归谁,什么
South Carolina for who?
南卡罗来纳归谁
No, we can call South Carolina four.
可以判南卡罗来纳四区
Call it for who? Costello, Abbott,
归谁呢,科斯特罗,阿尔伯特
South Carolina fourth congressional district, Trey Gowdy.
南卡罗来纳第四选区,特里·高迪
Got it. Okay.
明白,好的
Can you give us a minute? Have a good show, guys.
能给我们几分钟吗,大家加油
You, too. Good luck.
你也是,祝好运
The lawyer said she'll hold you in breach? Yeah.
律师说她会告你违约,对
Rebecca? Greenway from the general counsel's office.
丽贝卡,法律顾问办公室的格林威
Said she'd hold you and Charlie in material breach?
说她会告你和查理实质违约
And invoke the noncompete clause.
还会行使非竞争条款(即威尔去年为了能随时炒麦肯而签的"三年内不能上电视"条款)
Why don't we drop it for six hours?
接下来六小时能不能不谈这事
What's Charlie gonna do now?
查理现在要怎么做
Reese is having a viewing party on the 44th floor.
里斯在44楼召开收视派对
Charlie's gonna work on him.
查理会去劝他
The suit's gonna be filed tomorrow morning.
明早就要提请诉讼了
Mac. That's a public document.
麦肯,那可是公共文件
If we can't get this done tonight I understand.
若不能今晚摆平,我知道
If she'll agree to settle tonight I'm with you.
只要她同意今晚和解... 我赞同你
The world doesn't have to see a list, you know?
不必让全世界都看到这份单子
A fullon description of every embarrassing thing
列举过去14个月内
that's gone on here in the last 14 months.
这里发生的所有难堪事
The complaint will cover more than 14 months.
投诉的期限不止14月
But don't worry about it. Stop saying that.
别再担心了,别再那么说了
Six hours of literally nothing but breaking news
整整六个小时的突发新闻
and you're the traffic cop at the intersection of all of it.
全都归你这个交警来管
During light moments, only three people
轻松的时刻,只有三人
will be speaking in your ear at once,
同时对着你的耳朵讲话
but usually it'll be 10.
而普通时刻,是十人
And I obviously don't have to say that we need to do well.
很明显,我不必强调,这期节目必须做好
That's why my suggestion
所以我建议
is since we can't deal with it right now,
既然现在也解决不了
not to worry about it until we're off the air.
干脆就等到直播结束后,再去惦记
Would you do me a favor? Anything.
你能帮我个忙吗,愿意效劳
I mean this. Me, too.
我是认真的,我也是
I'm not fucking around. What's the favor?
我没胡闹,帮什么忙
Say what you want to say to me.
你想对我说什么,就说出来
What? Yes.
什么,说吧
Then I'll say that I'm alarmed by how little sleep you've had
我想说,我很担心你睡眠太少
and that you're about to go do this.
而你现在又要做报道
That's not what I'm talking about.
我指的不是这个
That's what I'm talking about.
我要说的就是这些
You're the most attractive woman I have ever seen in real life
你是我在现实中遇到的最有魅力的女人
and I'm sticking by that statement and everything,
我依旧坚持这个结论
but right now you're not making it easy. Can you do this?
可现在你的状态不好,能撑得住吗
Of course I can do this. I'm not kidding.
当然能了,我没开玩笑
No news producer in America's had sleep.
美国的新闻制片人从来不睡觉
They've had some. Forget about that.
他们多少睡会儿,算了吧
You look like you were grown
你看起来就像是在
in an environment where it's dark and damp.
阴暗潮湿的环境中长大的
Lovely, but I'm talking about Genoa.
说得好,但我在说热那亚
Why? We're gonna be spending plenty of time talking about it.
为何呢,我们有的是时间谈论这事
God knows if we ever take a break,
天知道,只要我们一会儿不谈
the "New York Times" will keep talking about it for us.
《纽约时报》会替我们一直谈下去
Come on, six hours of live election coverage.
拜托,六小时的实时选举报道
For you and me, that's like an orgy at a spa
对你我而言,就好比在浴场狂欢
where there are college football games on TV
电视里播着大学橄榄球赛
and from the trees hang Christian Louboutins.
树上还挂着克里斯提·鲁布托的高跟鞋(Christian Louboutins ,法国的着名高跟鞋品牌)
I feel like All in your size, all different kinds.
我觉得...全是你的尺码,各种款式
Heels like light sabers. Boots boots are hanging from the trees.
鞋跟像光剑似的,各种靴子挂了一树
You feel like I'm what?
你觉得我是什么
A bomb that hasn't detonated.
一颗还没引爆的炸弹
You do? And it's going to.
真的吗,马上会爆的
And I could live without the element of surprise, so if we could...
我受不了更多惊吓了,我们能不能...
Suede. Lots of suede.
麂皮,很多麂皮大衣
"Hurt Locker" this thing, it'd be helpful.
把炸弹拆了,我才安心
I'm not a bomb that's about to explode.
我不是即将引爆的炸弹
In fact, I didn't want to brag,
事实上,不是我自夸
but I've been put in charge or morale for the night.
今晚我被任命,负责重振士气
By who?
谁任命的
I did it.
我自己
This is the worst situation you've ever faced in your life, right?
这是你一辈子遇到的最糟糕的情况吧
So far. And you'd agree I'm responsible?
到目前为止,你觉得是我的错
I 100% disagree. Jerry Dantana's responsible.
百分百不同意,是杰利·丹塔纳的错
But I have an idea. I don't know if you heard,
但我有个主意,不知你听说没
but I was recently appointed director of morale for the night.
我刚被任命,负责重振士气
Fuck it. What do you want from me?
去你的,你想让我怎样
I wanted to know what the punishment's gonna be this time.
我想知道这次的惩罚会是什么
This time? I'll be in the control room.
这次,我会在控制室的
What was the punishment last time?
上次的惩罚又是什么
Seriously? How have
不会吧,怎么...
there's no one in the world you were sleeping with
世上哪有这种人,你出轨...
for four months you were I was fucking my exboyfriend.
四个月,你一直在...操我前男友
lying.
骗我
And, yeah.
你说的也对
I've never heard you use that word as a verb before.
我还从没听你把那词当动词说过
I didn't like how it sounded. Wasn't a punishment.
我不喜欢那发音,那不是惩罚
I broke up with you.
我和你分了手
You're the only person who's baffled by why.
你是唯一对分手原因感到不解的人
I've got news for you. You're the only person who's not baffled
新消息,只有你自己最清楚
why it's six years later. I'm unforgiving?
为什么六年后还不能释怀,我不宽容吗
So you'll understand my concern when it comes to Genoa
所以你能理解,热那亚的报道
and wrecking your professional life, too,
毁了你的职业生涯,我很担心
which, let's face it,
说句实话
you take more seriously than your personal life anyway.
相比私人生活,你更在乎职业生涯
I'll try to figure out why. So what's in store?
我会仔细想想原因,所以,你想怎样
You know what, hon? Can I just say fuck you?
亲爱的,我能说一句去你的吗
Yeah. I've never punished you.
可以,我从来没惩罚过你
King George forgave America
乔治国王宽恕美国
in less time than it's taking you
用的时间比你少多了
What is the right amount of time?
多久才合适
You and everyone else is baffled at six years.
你和其他人都不解,我花了六年
I assume you're talking about the staff.
我想你说的是这事吧
How long do you guys think is the right amount of time?
你们觉得多久才合适
28 months.
28个月
You seriously came up with a number?
你还真能给出确切的数字
I was kidding.
我开玩笑的
Time? Yeah.
到时间了,对
I'm sorry I didn't explode for you.
很抱歉,我不能为了你而爆炸
It's a long night.
夜还长着呢
Listen up.
都听好了
We found these pictures today.
我们今天找到了这些照片
This is China.
这是在中国
People have their picture taken pretending to cast a vote.
人们拍照留念,假装在投票
In India, they're waving flags and having viewing parties to watch the coverage.
在印度,人们摇着我国国旗,开着派对观看报道
In South Korea, they're watching an electoral map.
在韩国,人们在看我们的选举地图
A mock ballot box in Senegal.
塞内加尔的模拟投票箱
And that's our ambassador in Hungary hosting a pizza party.
那是我国驻匈牙利大使,开披萨派对
Our elections are the envy of the world.
全世界都羡慕我们的选举
It's critically important that we not make any mistakes tonight.
我务必强调,今晚不能犯任何错误
We all know why.
我们都知道原因
Top to bottom, no mistakes.
从上至下,不能出错
If you make a mistake,
如果犯了错
run out of the building as fast as you can
请你以最快的速度离开大楼
and keep running till you hit water.
直到你跑到海里
Then swim.
然后游走
Here we go. Three minutes.
开工吧,倒数三分钟
Let's go around the room.
开始各项检查
Arizona House. Colorado House. Virginia House.
亚利桑那众议员,科罗拉多众议员,弗吉尼亚众议员
Game changer states. Critical states.
摇摆州,关键州
I'm not seeing Washington.
我看不到华盛顿的画面
Virginia, Florida, Ohio.
弗吉尼亚,佛罗里达,俄亥俄
There you are. McCain won Kentucky by 16.
来了,麦凯恩曾以16个点赢得肯塔基
Graphics. Ready.
图像,就绪
What's the order of that first whiparound?
第一轮的镜头顺序是什么
Field. Standing.
现场制片,到位
One, two, three. Rehearsing two months.
1 2 3 ,排练了两个月
Just like rehearsal. 60 seconds to VTR.
照着排练来就行了,60秒后开播
Nothing's gone right in rehearsal. That's defeatist, man.
排练没一次成功的,哥们,别做失败主义者
I'll throw it to DC.
我会转到华盛顿演播室
That's how you'll know you were talking too long.
以提醒你说得太久了
The fetus? Defeatist. Defeatist.
胎儿,失败主义者,失败主义者
You can't hit on the candidate.
你不能向候选人献殷勤
If Virginia's Senate is going red...
如果弗吉尼亚参议院归了红
Yes, you are. There's water right there.
没错,桌子下有水
Clear the set, please. Thank you.
大家清场,谢谢
Stand by rollin. Standing.
准备切入,到位
Will? Right here.
威尔,在此
You ready? No, I need another half hour.
准备好了吗,没,等我半个小时
Good luck, everyone.
各位好运
Three, two, roll in. 3 2
切入
Good evening from New York City.
晚上好,这里是纽约
I'm Will McAvoy and ACN's prime time coverage
我是威尔·麦卡沃伊, ACN黄金时段
of Election Night 2012 begins right now.
2012年大选之夜播报现在开始
I'm joined in the studio by ACN's Sloan Sabbith
来到演播室的还有ACN的斯隆·莎碧斯
and Elliot Hirsch
和埃利奥特·赫什
as well as Republican strategist
同时还请来了共和党策略员
and former Romney campaign press advisor Taylor Warren.
前任罗姆尼竞选媒体顾问,泰勒·沃伦
Standing by in Washington is Jane Barrow
还有身在华盛顿演播室的简·巴罗
and her team of political analysts.
以及她的政治分析员团队
It's just past 7:00 P.M. In the East... Mac.
刚过晚上7点,麦肯
and polls have closed in Kentucky,
肯塔基,佛蒙特,弗吉尼亚
South Carolina... Change it up.
南卡罗来纳... 切换画面
Vermont, Virginia, and Indiana.
和印第安纳的投票已经结束
In the battleground state of Virginia, ACN is projecting
必争之地的弗吉尼亚,ACN预测
that race too close to call.
票数太接近,尚不能判
ACN can project that the great state of Indiana
ACN能预测,印第安纳州的
and its 11 electoral votes will go to Mitt Romney.
11张选票将归于米特·罗姆尼
We can also project that Mitt Romney will be the winner
我们同时预测,米特·罗姆尼
of Kentucky's eight electoral votes.
将获得肯塔基州的8张选票
We will not have a shutout, as President Obama...
我们不会停止播报,奥巴马总统赢得...
We're calling Bernie Sanders.
我们判定伯纳德·桑德斯获胜
three electoral votes,
三张选票
making this the sixth presidential election
这是该州连续第六次
in a row for the state to vote blue.
在大选中选择民主党
Look right here. Great.
看这里,很好
There's a ballot initiative in LA County
在洛杉矶有这么一个投票
that would require actors in adult films to wear condoms.
要求成人电影的男演员戴避孕套
I've never been more indifferent to an issue in my life.
从没哪件事让我这么无所谓的
Charlie. Excuse me for interrupting.
查理,抱歉打扰了
You're not. This is Denise, Pam, and Connor.
没关系,这是丹妮丝,帕姆和康纳
We went to school together. This is Charlie Skinner.
我们是同学,这位是查理·斯金纳
He's the president of ACN. Any predictions?
ACN的主席,有何预测
Their phones were taken at the door.
他们的手机,进门前都被没收了
Obama's gonna take Virginia
奥巴马将拿下弗吉尼亚
and we've been looking hard at some precincts in Ohio and Florida.
我们正密切关注俄亥俄和佛罗里达
Got a minute? Excuse me.
过来聊会儿,失陪
How you doing? Hi, Reese.
你好,你好,里斯
You understand the suit's gonna be filed in the morning.
你知道明早就要提请诉讼了吗
Yeah.
知道
And you understand everyone and I mean everyoneeveryone will have
到时候每个人,无一例外
a stringer waiting at the clerk's office for the complaint.
办公室桌上都会有一份投诉信
Yes.
我知道呀
You've read a complaint.
你看过那份投诉信了吗
It's a long list of grievances that go well beyond the scope
那份巨长无比喋喋不休的抱怨
of any rational definition of relevance.
当中还有许多不公的无端指责
Yes, sir.
这些我都知道
Tomorrow's just an exercise in public shaming.
这还只是我们被公开羞辱的一个开端
Yeah, we're gonna be painted with humiliation
我知道,这脏水势必是要泼过来了
mostly you and Will and then Mac
当然,你和威尔还有麦肯会惨一些
and a little bit me.
我会受到一点小牵连
So you don't feel you're foggy on the reality?
这么说你很清楚我们的现状
I wish I were less aware of the reality.
我倒是希望我能不这么清楚
I'd like to be stupid right now. Good.
我巴不得现在什么都不知道,很好
Charlie. Let me finish.
查理,听我说完
Aren't you the final arbiter of whether a race gets called?
你不是拍板判定竞选结果的最终仲裁者吗
Yeah. Shouldn't you be downstairs?
没错,那你不是应该在楼下待着吗
That's how important it is
足见我接下来这番话的重要性
that I convince you to accept my resignation and Will's.
请你接受我和威尔的辞职
I think the election is pretty important.
我觉得还是竞选比较重要一点
We're waiting for the next exit poll dump. I've got a minute.
还在等下一批出口民调,还有点时间
People have been fired
许多被炒鱿鱼的人
for making much smaller mistakes than we did.
犯的错比我们小多了
People have been incarcerated for making smaller mistakes.
许多被监禁的人,犯的错比我们小多了
So there's that, and that's bred resentment in the industry.
没错,但这也跟行业内的一些纠纷有关
But that's nothing. Forget that. Okay.
这都是废话,不用管了,好吧
Forget that everything that's gone on inside the organization
我们现在不要去管集团内部的种种问题
will be laid out on a table for everyone to scrutinize,
将会被民众事无巨细的仔细考究
which, sure as we're standing here, is what is going to happen.
我们在这废话,看来要成真了
Forget that. All right.
但是这些我们都不要去管,好
If a news outlet doesn't have credibility,
就一点,当一个新闻媒体失去了公信力
it doesn't matter what else it has.
那么它所做的其他一切都将失去意义
That's a fact.
事实就是如此
There are people here from Jane Barrow, Terry Smith,
可是,简·巴罗,泰利·史密斯
everyone at the DC bureau
华盛顿的同僚们
to Sloan Sabbith, Elliot Hirsch,
以及斯隆·莎碧斯,埃利奥特·赫什
everyone on "Dayside",
所有"日间档"的同事们
these people don't deserve to have a piano strapped to their back.
这些人不应被我们拖累
Their credibility shouldn't
他们的信誉不能...
When did you arrive here?
你什么时候来的
I'm stealthy.
我就是这么神龙见首不见尾
I think it's commendable and pretty shocking that you want to do
你这种坚持做正确的事的行为
something just because it's the right thing to do,
值得称道,并且令人震惊
but it's not the right thing to do.
可是这么做是错的
I know. What do you mean?
我也这么认为,什么意思
I think you were responsible for a massive fuckup.
你们确实应为自己捅的这个大篓子负责
And Will is a face for a massive fuckup.
我也认为威尔是罪魁祸首之一
I think firing a midlevel producer
我觉得仅仅开除一名中层制片人
appears to be an abdication of responsibility.
是极其不负责任的表现
Now we're gonna have to read about Jim and Maggie and Don
现在我们得费工夫把吉姆,玛姬,唐
and Jim and Maggie and Don
之间的三角关系
and Maggie and Mac and Will
玛姬,麦肯,威尔的关系都研究一遍
and did Sloan punch a guy in the face?
斯隆是不是扁了一个家伙
Yeah. The train, she is wrecked.
没错,她当时就像个脱缰的野马
Why are you gleeful?
你这么开心干什么
I'm on the right team for once and I get really paid.
我做了正确选择,还赚着丰厚的酬劳
Are you saying you agree?
这么说,你同意我的意思
I think your resignation should be accepted immediately
我认为你们的辞职应当立即生效
and we should write Dantana a check
也应当给丹塔纳开张支票
and get to the business of rebooting this once respected brand.
然后打起精神来重塑我们的品牌形象
Then why don't you?
那你还等什么呢
My mom says I can't.
我妈不让
Reese! I don't know how else to put it.
里斯,我也不知道该怎么说
I talked to her for hours today.
我今天劝了她好几个小时
I've been talking to her all night.
一晚上都在劝她
I said, "Mom, you're gonna die
我说, "妈妈,您早晚得死
and I'm gonna take over a dingedup company."
到时候我就得接下这个名誉扫地的公司"
And you know what she said?
你知道她怎么说吗
She said, "I'm never gonna die."
她说, "我才不会死"
"And when are you gonna give me some grandchildren?"
"你打算什么时候给我生几个孙子孙女"
"Are you gay?"
"你是不是同性恋啊"
If you're gay, that's fine. Just tell me."
"是的话,没关系,告诉我"
I said, "I'm not gay."
我说,"妈,我不是同志"
Look.
听着
"I just haven't met the right woman yet."
"我只是还没遇到我命中注定的女人"
She's like, "Oh, that's bullshit.
她就说, "你少给我扯这些废话"
"You met the right woman three or four times."
"你都碰见三四个命中注定的女人了"
"You just always find some problem."
"只是你每次都没事找事"
And I was like, "You're divorced."
我就回她说, "老妈,你都离婚了"
And she said, "That's completely different."
然后她说, "这完全是两码事"
Reese.
里斯
I was like, "What's your obsession with grandchildren?
我说, "你这么想要孙子孙女干什么"
"Is it a chance for a doover?"
"是不是想找个机会重新培育一遍孩子"
Reese!
里斯
She's not taking your resignations.
她不会接受你的辞职的
She's not settling the suit.
她也不愿意庭外和解
I have to go. Charlie, I know.
我必须走,查理,我知道
And I tried.
我也努力过了
You have to keep trying.
那就继续努力
Tomorrow's too late.
到明天就晚了
It'd be a lot easier for me
如果你能跟我统一战线的话
to convince my mother if you agreed with me.
我要说服我妈就容易多了
But I don't. Yeah.
可我不是,我知道
You were paying me for that whole conversation. I know.
刚刚的对话我可要计费哦,知道啦
It's 7:59 in the East
现在是东部时间7点59分
and we're ready to make some calls.
我们准备做一些判定
ACN is projecting that Governor Romney
ACN预测,罗姆尼州长
is the winner in the Mountaineer State of West Virginia.
赢得了登山爱好者之乡,西弗吉尼亚州
We can also project at this hour
我们同时预测
that President Obama will win in Connecticut,
奥巴马总统将赢得康涅狄格州
Delaware, and Washington, DC.
特拉华州以及华盛顿特区
No surprise here.
都在意料之中
The 20 electoral votes from the president's home state of Illinois
奥巴马的大本营,伊利诺伊州的20张
are safely Mr. Obama's,
选票已被他收入囊中
while the 10 electoral votes from Mitt Romney's home state of Massachusetts
米特·罗姆尼的大本营,马萨诸塞州的10张选票
are also going to Mr. Obama.
也被奥巴马收入囊中
I apologize. I was trapped by my own sentence structure.
抱歉,我被句子结构给绕进去了
In Maryland...
在马里兰州
Six calls plus five Senate calls.
六个判定,再加五个参议院判定
You're gonna give me the calls,
把判定结果给我
then a quick board on which are too close to call.
然后给我太接近无法判定的州
45 seconds for the impact for the Latino vote.
用45秒,谈拉丁裔选民的影响
The jobs, national security, the 47%.
就业率,国家安全, 47%言论
We've got Elliot coming up in the top half hour.
前半个小时,将由埃利奥特主持
DC, are you standing by for the Senate calls?
华盛顿,参议院判定准备好了吗
That's if the Senate turns red.
参议院归红的话
Just a nonviolent coup.
这就是非暴力政变
...Obama off to a good start.
奥巴马的开端不错
A lot of those states are starting to fill in blue.
很多州都开始变成蓝色了
We'll take care of business,
这边就交给我们了
do the calls, the House races,
你宣布判定,和众议院选情
and then I'll give you two minutes for the 47% after Elliot.
埃利奥特之后,我给你两分钟谈论47%
Where is he? He's up in his suite.
他在哪儿,他在套房里
There's a lot of family, all the boys, grandkids.
他家人都来了,孩子辈孙子辈
What's the general mood? You know you've got a reporter here.
情绪如何,ACN也有记者在这边啊
He's busy. So am I.
他很忙,我也很忙啊
What's the mood? Really good.
情绪如何,不错
It's a party here.
大家都很欢乐
They think they're gonna win Ohio and then run the table.
他们觉得能拿下俄亥俄,然后一路赢下去
Are they?
他们能赢吗
I don't know anything you don't know. Bullshit.
我俩掌握的情报一样多,扯吧
Do you know anything I don't know?
你难道比我知道的多
You'd hate that, right? No.
这会把你气昏吧,不会啊
I'd be really happy for you. Why do people think that
我会为你高兴,为什么大家...
Hey, four quick things. First, I'm gonna break news tonight.
四件事,第一,今晚的突发新闻我来做
Second, nahnahnahnah.
第二,巴拉巴拉巴拉
Third, hey, Hallie. Hey, Maggie.
第三,哈莉你好,玛姬你好
And fourth, suck it and we're about to get a data dump.
第四,别聊了,民调数据快要出炉了
I really like your hair. Thanks. That's sweet.
我喜欢你的新发型,谢啦
Good luck tonight. Thanks.
好运,谢谢
I've got to go. Wait.
我该走了,等等
What? What happened?
怎么了,那是怎么回事
What do you mean? To Maggie's hair.
什么怎么回事,玛姬的头发
She cut it, I guess, and changed the color.
我猜她把头发给剪了,然后去染了颜色
You guess she changed the color?
你猜她去染了个颜色
It was a different color before.
她以前好像不是这个发色
Yes, it was. Do you know what color my hair is?
没错,你知道我头发是什么颜色吗
You're looking at it right now.
你现在就正对着我的头发
Your hair is the color of goodness.
你的头发是女神的发色
You're an idiot. It's hazelnut.
你真是个白痴,榛子色
That's not a when did she cut her hair?
这不是...玛姬什么时候剪的头发
Last week. Why?
上周,为什么
I didn't ask. You should.
我没问,你应该问的
I'll put that on the list and I'll talk to you in a while.
我会在备忘录上记下来的,过会儿聊
My hair's blonde. It's really nice.
我的头发是金色的,很好看
Goodbye.
拜拜
Recapping the earlier...
回顾一下之前的状况
All right, you're up.
好了,该你上了
Be yourself.
做自己
You're a great guy and the people at home really like you.
你是个全民爱戴的大好人
Thank you. And you're handsome, too,
谢谢,你还是个大帅哥
in a droll and expressionless way.
滑稽,木讷的大帅哥
Okay. You're a welcome presence in our homes.
好吧,你受到所有观众的喜爱
It's all about locating your inner cha
要展示你的内在美
and not tripping over any cables.
别被各种线缆绊倒
Do you have to be talking right now?
你现在必须要说话吗
Have you located the cha?
找到你的内在美了吗
So we're going to show you.
我们将向您详细展示
Elliot Hirsch is standing by in our newsroom. Elliot?
埃利奥特·赫什正在我们的编辑室里,埃利奥特
Will, through these doors is our decision desk,
威尔,经过这扇门就是我们的决策台
which is the entire brain of the operation.
我们整个节目的大脑中枢
There are eight experts
这里有八位专家
PhDs in statistics, economics, and political science,
包括统计学,经济学,政治科学的博士
and they use computer models to combine raw votes,
他们通过电脑模型将原始选票
exit polls, sample precincts, and early voting
出口民调,抽样选区和早期投票结合起来
to project the winners in each district and state.
来预测每个州和选区的获选人
This is Kathy Ling.
这位是凯西·林
Kathy, can you tell us anything new?
凯西,有什么新结果吗
No, not yet. This is some good television.
还没有,节目真精彩
The men and women in here are monitoring...
这里的人们时刻关注...
Sprecht jedermann hier Deutsch?
这里有人说德语吗
Ich tun.
我(德语)
Not as well as you think. Come with me.
你高估自己的德语了,跟我来
Shit.
该死
The reason for the seclusion is that we don't want them
隔离的原因是我们不希望他们
to be influenced by calls that are being made by other networks.
被其他电视台发布的判定所干扰
When our team here is ready to make a call,
当我们的团队得出一个判定
they put it into a program called iNews.
他们会将其录入一个叫iNews的程序中
Anything? It takes a little time.
有新消息吗,没那么快
Okay. As I said, they put the information into iNews...
好吧,如我所说,他们会将信息录入iNews
...where it's picked up by one of our producers
然后这里的两位制作人其中之一
at these two desks.
会接收这些数据
They've divided up the races alphabetically
他们已经将竞选按字母排序
and each is responsible for 120 races.
每人负责120个
After the next commercial, we'll come back for panel.
广告之后,将回到讨论小组
1829 is higher than expected, but so is over 65.
1829岁投票率高于预期,65岁以上也是
I'd say three minutes. You good?
谈三分钟,满意吗
Happy as a cat with kittens.
满意得不得了
You've been doing great. Thank you.
你做的不错,谢谢
Hey, MacKenzie, I didn't realize
麦肯兹,我都不知道
that you were president of the Oxford Union.
原来你是牛津辩论社主席啊
You had to have been one of the first women presidents, right?
你肯定是史上第一个女主席吧
Cambridge. I'm sorry?
剑桥,什么
I was president of the Cambridge Union.
我是剑桥辩论社的主席
Oh. Uhoh, sorry. That was Wikipedia.
哦,不好意思,我是看维基百科说的
Wikipedia says I went to Oxford?
维基百科说我上的是牛津
I think I'm remembering right.
我应该没记错
Mac.
麦肯
You're pitching a perfect game. Let this one go.
你有大事要做呢,别计较这鸡毛蒜皮
You don't think I can let it go?
你认为我会计较是吧
I wasn't challenging you. Oh, I'll let it go.
我不是这意思,我不计较
Either way, it's a big honor.
但两个辩论社都很了不起啊
Yes, though not either way. Just one way.
是啊,但只是剑桥,不是牛津
Right. Okay.
是的,那就好
Can I see you when you're done? Sure.
你办完事能来找我下吗,当然
Gary signed your book. Here's the thing.
是格雷替你签的名,事情是这样的
Yeah? You forgot to do it
怎样,你忘了签
and I was put in charge of something for the benefit.
而我帮你做了件好事
And I speak a little German, so I thought
我又会说点德语,所以我想
I'll inscribe it, "I hope you enjoy this book."
我就题一句, "希望你喜欢这本书"
And I signed your name just like you do.
然后模仿你的笔迹签了你的名
I didn't put a heart over the I or anything.
没在字母i上面画桃心
Wait, is there an I in your name?
等等,你名字里是有个"i"吧
Yes.
Yes, there is.
是有
And you inscribed it "I hope you shred this book."
而您题的字是"我希望你撕了这本书"
Neal has explained that. What are the chances
尼尔跟我说了,买书的人
that whoever bought the book speaks German?
会说德语的可能性微乎其微吧
What are the chances that you do?
你会的可能性又有多大
Guys, can we move this someplace else?
各位,别在这吵了行吗
I don't care about the German. I care about the fraud.
我不在乎德语写错了,我在乎这是欺骗
I need the name and contact
我需要买这本书那个人的
information of the person who bought the book.
名字和联系方式
Tonight?
今晚就要
You need to hurry before the trail gets cold.
再晚,线索就断了
You think the book may have been bought by a bank robber?
你觉得买这本书的人抢了银行吗
Look at my face. I know.
看着我的脸,看到了
Does it seem like I want to be sassed? It does not.
我看起来得罪得起吗,得罪不起
Enjoy is zerrei?en. That's still shred.
享受是zerreien ,那是撕碎
We'll go back to Will McAvoy at the anchor desk. Will?
我们将画面交回主播威尔·麦卡沃伊,威尔
We'll be back with more of ACN's coverage
广告后ACN将带给您更多
of Election Night 2012 right after this.
2012年大选之夜的报道
Out. Two minutes back.
切出,两分钟
You wanted me?
你找我
I just wanted to check in on the site.
只是想问下外面的情况
We're doing fine. Everybody's doing fine.
大家都没问题
Except Sloan who's flipping out because somebody bought her book
只是斯隆有点疯癫,因为有人在星期天
at the Sandy auction on
桑迪拍卖会上买了一本她的书
Sunday and it wasn't really signed by her.
但名字不是她自己签的
It's funny the things people try to control
人们感觉自己失去控制的时候
when they feel like they're not in control.
却努力想要掌控,有意思
I wasn't really listening.
你说啥我都没听见
I need you to change my Wikipedia page.
我需要你帮我更改我的维基百科页面
Sure.
没问题
I checked and for some reason
我查了一下
it says I was president of the Oxford Union.
不知为什么说我是牛津辩论社主席
Weren't you? No.
你不是吗,不是啊
I went to Cambridge. Right. I knew that.
我读的是剑桥,对,我知道
Do you know who else went to Cambridge?
那你知道还有谁读的剑桥吗
John Milton, Charles Darwin,
约翰·弥尔顿,查尔斯·达尔文
Jane Goodall, Alan Turing,
珍妮·古道尔,阿兰·图灵
E.M. Forster, Stephen Hawking,
爱德华·摩根·福斯特,史蒂芬·霍金
the King of Jordan, Prime Minister of India,
约旦国王,印度总理
and three signatories to the Declaration of Independence.
还有《独立宣言》的三个签署者
Mac, I wonder if you can switch me off.
麦肯,你能不能关掉麦克啊
You're screaming names of smart people in my ear.
你正往我耳朵里灌伟人们的名字
Sorry. They teach you that at Oxford?
对不起,都是你在牛津学到的吗
So you'll get that fixed? Yeah.
你会改过来吧,会的
You hear anything back yet? No.
有回音吗,没有
It's 8:15. They've got 15 minutes.
现在8:15了,他们还有15分钟
Do you really think your
你真的认为你的澡堂兄弟
shower buddy has got a story or is he stalling?
有料可报,还是他故意拖延时间
I really think he has a story.
我认为他真的有料
15 seconds.
倒数15秒
All right, we're coming back with the 47%.
好的,切回后开始谈47%
You guys ready to have some fun?
你们想玩点有趣的吗
Yeah. Okay.
嗯,好啊
No, no. Are you ready to have some fun?!
不是,你们想玩点刺激的吗
What the hell is wrong with I don't know.
他怎么了... 不知道
In three, two, roll in.
三,二,切入
Welcome back to ACN's continuing coverage
欢迎继续回到ACN的
of Election Night 2012.
2012大选之夜连续报道
Let's check in with Florida, where it's still too close to call.
我们来看佛罗里达州,支持率焦灼难分胜负
We have 62% of the vote counted
已有62%的选票被统计
and you can see the president has an advantage
可以看到总统在这个重要战场
in that very important battleground state of roughly 100,000 votes.
的大约十万选票中,略微领先
Florida, once again, too close to call at the moment.
佛罗里达州,仍然焦灼胜负难分
Taylor Warren, what effect, if any,
泰勒·沃伦,47%事件的视频
did the 47% tape have on the Romney campaign
对于罗姆尼的竞选和选民
and on the electorate?
会造成什么影响吗
The biggest effect it had was on the media.
最大的影响在于媒体
Now we're talking.
说得好
Oh, hi. Hello.
嗨,你好
I was just leaving you a note that I need a minute.
我正给你留便条呢
Am I being sued again? Yeah.
我又被告了吗,是的
Okay, well, what?
好吧,什么
You're going to be a named defendant
明天早上
in a separate suit filed tomorrow morning by Jerry Dantana.
你会成为杰利·丹塔纳另一个案子的被告
He's seeking an additional $20 million
他索要额外的两千万美元
for tortious interference.
罪名是非法干涉
What's happening?
怎么回事
Shortly after Jerry left ACN,
杰利离开ACN后不久
he applied for a job at Kickstarter.
他在Kickstarter申请了一份工作(Kickstarter:创意方案的众筹网站平台)
I'm sure he was advised to demonstrate
我确定,有人向他提议
that due to his wrongful termination here,
说是由于他在这里的不当解雇
it's now impossible for him to get work elsewhere.
导致他现在无法在其他地方获得工作
A man named Goldman, Ezra Goldman, called you
一个叫以斯拉·高曼的人曾打电话给你
about a reference for Jerry?
想了解一些杰利的情况
Mmhmm. And what did you say?
是的,你是怎么说的
I said, "Ezra, this is the
我说, "以斯拉
call I've been waiting my whole life for."
我等这通电话很久了"
What else? I told him the story.
还有呢,我把事情的始末都告诉了他
I told him Jerry knowingly put a false story on the air
我告诉他杰利蓄意将
about Marines murdering civilians with sarin gas.
陆战队使用沙林气残杀平民的假新闻报道出来
Anything else? Probably.
还有吗,也许还有
Think.
I said, "If your company needs a
我说, "如果你的公司需要一个
very hardworking sociopath, then Jerry's your man."
勤奋的反社会,杰利是不二人选"
Right there. No, he's a hardworking guy.
就是这句,他的确挺勤奋的
Under New York state law, tortious interference results
纽约州法律规定,非法干涉指
if you intentionally interfere with a potential business relationship
蓄意的,纯粹由于怨恨
by acting solely out of malice
或者通过不当或者不诚实的方法
or through improper or dishonest means.
干涉一个潜在的商业关系
Wait. Sure.
等等,行啊
He's suing me for giving him a bad job recommendation?
他起诉我给他工作打差评
For saying something that wasn't true.
告你说了不真实的话
It's not a dispute he doctored the tape.
他篡改录像带,是不争的事实
And if all you said was that, you'd be fine.
你要是只说这点就好了
But you called him a sociopath.
你说他是反社会
He is. Sociopath is a clinical term.
他是啊,反社会是医学术语
How much training as a psychiatric diagnostician
你在哥伦比亚大学新闻学院
did you get at the Columbia School of Journalism?
受过多少精神病诊断的培训
Not that much. Yeah.
没那么多,对啊
So, you see, you've got to talk to me before you say things.
所以,说话前要先来问我
It was plainly not...
根本就不...
I didn't say he's a sociopath.
我没说他是反社会
What did you say? I said, you know...
你怎么说的,我说...
I said, "Ezra, he's a sociopath."
我说, "以斯拉,他是个反社会"
Yeah. Why in the world in the world
对啊,搞什么啊,他脑子进水了
would he put me down as a reference?
干嘛要把我列为推荐人
So that this would happen.
就为了这一天
Is this a joke? You making one of your funny jokes?
这是个玩笑吧,你在开玩笑
If I was joking, you'd be laughing. Are you laughing?
我若开玩笑,你一定会笑,你笑了吗
No. Then there you have it.
没,那不就得了
I just answered the phone. It's just strategy.
我不过是接了个电话,这叫策略
They want the company to settle. How much is this gonna cost?
他们想逼公司和解,要花多少钱
Well, if you lose, $20 million.
败诉的话,两千万
If you win, only a couple of hundred thousand.
胜诉的话,只需几十万
I don't have a couple of hundred thousand.
我哪来几十万
Do you own your apartment or rent? I own it.
你的房是买的还是租的,买的
Second mortgage. Problem solved.
二次抵押,就行了
You are a member of a godless, soulless race of extortionists.
你们律师都是天煞无良的勒索犯
That's fair.
说的没错
Okay.
好吧
The liberal media bias is so clear
自由媒体的偏见是如此明显
that it's not worth arguing about.
我都懒得争辩
What I'd like to focus on instead...
我想讨论的是...
Hang on just a second
慢着
'cause I don't think I can let you float an allegation like that
我不能任由你信口开河
and then pretend it's so well agreed upon that it's past debate.
还装作大家都同意,无须争辩似的
The media overwhelmingly voted for and is voting for Obama.
媒体在过去和现在,都一边倒支持奥巴马
I have a hunch this isn't gonna be the last time
我猜这不会是今晚最后一次问你
I ask you this tonight, but any evidence for that?
但你有什么证据吗
Yes. A survey conducted by
有,美国新闻编辑协会的
the American Society of Newspaper Editors
一份调查显示
showed 61% stated that they were members of
61%的编辑自称为民主党成员
or shared the beliefs of the Democratic Party
或认同民主党的观念
while 15% said that their beliefs
只有15%的编辑
were best supported by the Republican Party.
认同共和党的观念
Can I raise what I think is an interesting example of something?
我能否在此举个自认为有趣的例子
Sure.
In a race for the Kansas State Legislature...
堪萨斯的州议会竞选中...
Oh, seriously? ...the Democrat is an antigay,
真的吗,民主党人是个反同(两党的主流观念是:民主党支持同性恋和堕胎,共和党反对同性恋和堕胎,且不喜火车)
antiabortion train conductor. Nope.
反堕胎的列车长,错了
Pardon me. The Republican is a train conductor and gay.
抱歉,共和党人是列车长,还是同性恋
No. Guys.
又错了,各位(共和党候选人只是支持同性恋而已)
Somebody's a train conductor,
反正有人是列车长
somebody's gay and somebody's father is in the Klan.
有人是同性恋,有人的爸爸是3K党成员
And what's that an example of?
这算哪门子例子
Elliot?
埃利奥特
Nothing. So, Taylor, back to your point
不算,泰勒,回到你的观点
and your 15yearold survey.
以及那份十五年前的调查
Jim. Yeah?
吉姆,什么事
They want you at the decision desk.
决策台找你
Somebody need me?
谁找我
Will called the Michigan first for Dan Benishek?
威尔判定密西根一区由丹·贝尼什克当选
If you called it, he called it.
你们判了,他就判了
We didn't call it and he called it.
我们没判,他判了
What are you talking about?
你说什么
and we haven't called Michigan one.
可我们还没判密西根一区
Hang on.
稍等
Maggie. Yeah?
玛姬,在
You remember a few minutes ago when my iNews was overloaded
还记得几分钟前,我的iNews过载
and I wrote down some calls on a legal pad?
我把一些判定写在纸上了
It's right here. What did I say?
在这儿呢,我怎么说的
New Hampshire one, North Carolina three,
新罕布什尔一区,北卡来罗那三区
Ohio seven, Michigan one.
俄亥俄七区,密西根一区
Can I see that?
给我看看
That's supposed to be Mississippi.
应该是密西西比
It's MI. Yeah.
写着MI呀,对啊
MI is Michigan.
MI是密西根
Martin, can you get Kathy Ling out here?
马丁,去把凯西·林找来
You have to go in there.
你得自己进去
I can't have this particular conversation in there.
这段对话不能在那屋里进行
What happened? Can you get her?
怎么了,把她找来
She's not allowed out... Blindfold her.
她不能出来... 给她蒙上眼
Just very quickly, my fault or your fault?
快速告诉我,我错了还是你错了
Assigning blame isn't the productive... Good.
谁对谁错不重要... 好极了
I meant Mississippi. That's MISS.
我指的是密西西比,那该写MISS
It certainly is. Michigan's MI.
没错,密西根是MI
That's why I gave them Michigan. MI one red.
所以我才让密西根MI归红
Come on.
这边走
Careful.
小心
So, Kathy. Yes.
凯西,怎么
Over here. We made a small mistake.
在这边,我们犯了个小错
We called Michigan when we meant Mississippi.
我们判了密西根,本该是密西西比
You have to retract it. I wonder...
你得收回,我在想...
It's not ready to call. I wonder
现在还不能判,我在想...
if maybe it's not necessary to retract.
或许不一定非要收回
It's both too close and too early to call.
票数太接近,时间也还早,判不了
You have to retract it.
必须收回
Let me ask you something just out of curiosity.
我问你个问题,只是好奇而已
What does your data say about the Michigan first?
密西根一区的数据分析结果如何
Republican incumbent... Over here.
现任共和党... 在这边
Republican incumbent... You can just take that off.
现任共和党... 摘了吧
Don't look at the monitors.
别看屏幕就行了
Dan Benishek will keep his seat.
丹·贝尼什克会保住席位
You're confident of that? Yes.
你有把握吗,有
Scale of one to 10. 10.
从零到十,十成
Well, then, you know, we called it.
那就是了,我们判了
Are you kidding? You're confident he's going to win?
你开什么玩笑,你有把握他会赢
Yes. Then why haven't you called it?
是的,那为什么不判
It's both too close and too early to call.
票数太接近,时间也还早,判不了
But you're confident Benishek is gonna win?
但你有把握贝尼什克会赢
Benishek is going to win.
贝尼什克会赢
You're confident? He's already won.
你有把握,他赢定了
But we can't call it? Too close and too early.
但是不能判,票数太接近,时间也还早
I appreciate that science has a very high bar
我明白,科学是很严谨的
for what it's willing to call a fact, but...
对事实的判定要求很高,但是...
Benishek is going to win 5149.
贝尼什克会以51比49胜出
5149. That's not as close as... 51比49
不算很接近...
It's exactly as close as it sounds. Okay.
是相当接近,好吧
Okay. You can go back. Thanks.
好,请回去吧,谢谢
You'll retract the call? We will get to that, yes.
记得要收回,我们会的
We shouldn't... So we called it a little early.
我们不该...不就是判得早了点吗
and make sure that nobody mentions it again
然后让大家都别提起
until the desk gives the green light.
等决策台给绿灯了再提
Who's going to notice? Benishek.
谁会发觉,贝尼什克
His campaign manager. The Internet.
他的竞选经理,还有互联网
I can steer this.
我能混过去
Just have Mac have Will retract the call.
让麦肯告诉威尔收回,不就行了
This is the written test you have to take and pass
这里有份笔试试题,考过了的人
to work for the New York City Department of Sanitation.
就能去纽约市环卫处工作
And it goes to the first person who eats it tonight.
看谁今晚出错,先错先得
But so far, so good.
目前尚有空缺
We can't retract the call.
不能收回
Yeah, I really think we can't retract.
打死也不能收回
It doesn't seem to me
我丝毫不觉得
that conservatives are having trouble
保守派上电视上广播
gaining access to the airwaves.
有什么困难
And the fact that the "New York Times" editorial board
况且,《纽约时报》编辑部
endorsed the president and not Governor Romney
支持现任总统,而非罗姆尼州长
isn't of itself a sign of bias.
这不叫偏向
When the governor said, "I like to fire people,"
州长说"我喜欢炒人"时(本意是:当雇员工作不好时,他喜欢拥有炒人的权利)
not only did you know exactly what he meant, but you agreed.
你不仅知道他所指何意,而且还赞同
And when the president said, "You didn't build that,"
总统说"你的成功不是你的"时,
not only did you know exactly what he meant,
你不但知道他所指何意
you knew that's not what he said.
你还知道他并非此意
The trees are the right height. "
树的高度刚刚好"(罗姆尼到各地竞选时,都会夸当地的这好那好,由于夸地较为模板化,遭到对手嘲笑说他是外星人)
The dog on the car roof.
车顶上的狗( 罗姆尼在三十年前一次度假时,把宠物狗放在车顶的狗屋里开车行驶)
Eastwood at the convention.
伊斯特伍德的大会表演
Okay. And while we're on the subject,
行了,我再加一句
ACN's star anchor is a Republican
ACN的明星主播是共和党人
who spends an awful lot of airtime
却花费大量节目时间
reporting stories about crazy Republicans being crazy.
来报道共和党人的疯人疯事
In fairness, he did anchor a report about a Democratic president
说话要公平,他还报道了民主党总统
committing war crimes, and that wasn't even true.
犯下战争罪行,结果还不是真的
Elephant in the room.
大家心里都在想
We're coming up
整点过后
on another round of poll closings at the top of the hour.
又将有一批投票站结束投票
Let's look at where we are.
我们来看一看
They are Arizona, Colorado, Kansas...
分别是亚利桑那,科罗拉多,堪萨斯...
Reese is gonna work on Leona.
里斯会劝说莉安娜的
He doesn't have much time.
他时间不多了
Did you ever think you'd be
你有没有想过
trying to convince someone to let you resign?
有一天你得劝说别人让你辞职
No.
没有
Will's not gonna fire you, Mac. There's no way.
威尔不会开除你的,麦肯,绝对不会
And it would look like we were scapegoating you
会让人觉得我们把你当作替罪羊
just like Jerry.
像杰利那样
I know. You good?
我知道,你还好吗
Yeah. Mac.
还好,麦肯
In here.
进来吧
Did you change it? I did.
你改了吗,改了
Thank you. And they changed it back.
谢谢,但他们又改回来了
What do you mean they changed it back?
他们又改回来了是什么意思
The original creator, the page administrator,
原创者,页面管理员
reviewed and denied the changes. Why?
检查后拒绝改动,为什么
Because Why?
因为,为什么
Because Why did they do that?
因为,他们为什么那么做
Well, I emailed him and
我给他发了封电邮
explained who I was, that you were my boss
向他说明我的身份,说你是我上司
and that you have an expert
你对自己具体在哪里上学
understanding of where you did and didn't go to school,
有非常明确的答案
and I got a very quick reply. Saying?
我很快就收到了回复,说什么
It's Wikipedia's policy not to use information
维基百科的原则就是
that comes directly from the source of the article.
不能直接采用词条来源的信息
Say that again? It's Wikipedia's
你再说一遍,维基百科
Can't anyone edit a page? Yes. Except you.
没人能编辑页面吗,有,除了你
So they won't allow firsthand information? No.
所以他们不允许使用第一手信息,对
Seems sort of counterintuitive, doesn't it?
有点违背常理,对吧
I know how you feel. I don't think you do.
我了解你的感受,我不觉得你了解
Because no one's out there
因为没有人
saying you were president of the Oxford Union
说你是牛津辩论社的社长
when you were president of the Cambridge Union,
而你明明是剑桥辩论社的社长
the greatest debating society in the history of the fucking kingdom.
那可是王国史上最厉害的辩论社团
And that kingdom's been around a long time.
而那个王国存在很长时间了
Don't I know it.
我会不知道吗(印度曾被英国殖民)
I don't even know if that was a sarcastic
我都不知道这是不是殖民主义的某种
geopolitical reference to colonialism or not.
充满讽刺的地理政治学代名词
It wasn't. Good.
不是,很好
Good, 'cause, Neal, this is it.
很好,因为,尼尔,就是这样
We're gonna get this right. And I'll tell you why.
我们必须改正过来,我告诉你为什么
Because.
因为
Mac, I get it.
麦肯,我懂了
And I'm gonna get it fixed.
我会让他们改过来的
Thank you. Ruling India was wrong.
谢谢,殖民统治印度是错误的
It's a little late I know.
有点太晚了,我知道
About a third of the vote now in in Virginia.
弗吉尼亚已统计三分之一的选票
About a million votes counted and Mitt Romney
已统计了约一百万选票,米特·罗姆尼
is maintaining his lead 5543.
仍然保持55比43的领先优势
But right now, the story is in Ohio
现在我们将报道俄亥俄州的情况
where the president has a 16point lead over Mr. Romney
已统计约四分之一的选票,结果显示
with just about a quarter of the votes counted.
总统比罗姆尼先生领先16个百分点
But to be very clear, that race is still too early to call,
但必须强调,这场选举现在判定还为时过早
meaning that the experts at the decision desk
也就是说,决策台的专家们
do not yet have enough information.
还未掌握足够的信息
We need to take a commercial break,
接下来进一段广告
but we'll be back on the other side
我们很快回来
with the continuing prime time coverage
继续我们的黄金时段专题报道
of Election Night 2012.
2012大选之夜
You're watching ACN.
您现在收看的是ACN
And clear. Four minutes back.
切出,四分钟
Elephant in the room?
大家心里都在想
Even as it was coming out of my mouth,
在我脱口而出的同时
I thought it was borderline.
我觉得这话有点过分
Can I say as a PR expert,
作为一个公关专家
I thought it was, as a matter of fact, perfect.
我认为她其实说得非常好
She is an enemy of all that is good.
她是一切正义的对立面
You're like a foot taller than a person's supposed to be.
你看起来比正常人高出一英尺
Right? Yes.
是吗,是啊
But I apologize for bringing your personal politics into it.
但我为我将你的个人党派扯进来而道歉
Yeah, it's okay. But I'd appreciate it
没事,但如果你不再把我扯进去
if you kept me out of it. Of course.
我将万分感激,没问题
It was stupid. No, it wasn't.
太傻了,不,一点也不
Tess, how much time do I have? 3:30 back.
特丝,我有多长时间,三分半
Sampat!
桑帕特
I have someone tracking down the event coordinator
我已经联系大陆慈善拍卖会的协调员
at Continental Benefit Auctions to get the name and contact.
跟他们要了姓名和联系方式
I'm gonna feel bad until this is fixed.
在这事弄好前,我的心情都不会好的
It's gonna be fixed. What if it never is?
一定会弄好的,如果弄不好呢
What if I go on and on like this?
如果我一直都这样呢
What if I keep talking in rhetorical questions
如果我一直这样反问下去
until you just can't take it anymore?
直到你再也受不了了呢
Can I go? I'm good.
我能走了吗,可以
Joey, how's it going?
乔伊,情况如何
Busy. Yeah.
很忙,是啊
Can you do me a favor and
能不能帮我个忙
Are we taking back the call?
我们要收回判定吗
No, we're just we're not flaunting it.
不,只是,不想强调这条
I don't think we need to tell Mac and Will
我们没必要告诉麦肯和威尔
No.
没必要
Don, Webb's on hold in your office.
唐,办公室电话,韦布来电
Three minutes back.
还剩三分钟
Michigan one, if you could just go ahead
密歇根一区,你能不能
What are you doing?
你在干什么
Trying to see what's going on in Ohio.
分析俄亥俄州的情况
The people who know are 50 feet from here.
五十英尺外就有了解具体情况的人
They'll tell us.
他们会告诉我们的
I think it's going really well.
一切进展的都算顺利
You should enjoy it.
你应该高兴点
In the old days, didn't they offer you the option
以前,他们是不是让你选择
of a shot of whiskey and a pistol?
一杯威士忌还是一把手枪
How old? Like...
多久以前,大概...
the Holy Roman Empire. With whiskey and pistols?
圣罗马帝国,选威士忌或者手枪吗
It wouldn't necessarily look like scapegoating.
人们不会认为是你们在找替罪羊
Mac. It would look like you and Charlie
麦肯,而是你和查理
took the necessary and appropriate steps
采取必要且合适的措施
to address the mistake.
以改正错误
Can I tell you something? Fire me.
我能跟你说点事吗,开除我吧
You're the only one who can do it.
只有你能这么做
I was a really good boyfriend.
我以前可是个好男友
I know that. I never said you weren't.
我知道,我从没说过你不是
You sort of did. That's wrong.
你算是说过,才没有
You think
你以为
you think I'm not firing you
你以为我不想开除你
because it would make me look bad?
是因为这不利于我的形象吗
That crossed your mind?
你这样想过吗
Give me a break, Billy.
容我打断下,比利
It's not like you're indifferent to your image.
不是说你对你的形象不关心
You think it's my image?
你认为是因为我的形象
What have I ever done to deserve that?
我哪里得罪你了
How big a dick do you think I am
你觉得我是多大的混蛋
and how long have you thought it?
你那样想多久了
I was a good guy.
我曾经是个好人
You're fired end of the broadcast.
报道结束后,你就被开除了
Please don't tell anyone.
请别告诉任何人
I won't.
我不会的
They need you.
他们在找你
He'll give us two ontherecord sources
他会给我们提供两名可公开的线人
if we agree to stay off just for tonight with the 1990 quote.
如果我们同意今晚不提1990年的事情
Here's what the story is Wait, start again for them.
故事就是,等等,从头跟他们说一次
60 back. We're there.
还剩60秒,马上过去
This morning in time for the local news,
当地新闻报道今天早上
Brody in California condemned Todd Akin. Yeah?
加州的布罗迪谴责陶德·艾金,然后呢
Taylor Warren pointed me to a speech he made in 1990
泰勒·沃伦给我看他1990年
to a student group where
为一个学生团体所做的演讲
he said the exact same thing, only worse.
他说了一样的话,甚至更糟糕
I called his chief of staff
我打电话给他的幕僚长
for a comment a guy named John Webb.
一个名叫约翰·韦布的家伙,让他作解释
Webb and I know each other. They're in love.
韦布和我相识,他们在谈恋爱
Just he asked me for time
只是,他让我给他点时间
because he said he needed permission
因为他要请求授权
to trade me a story he promised was much bigger.
拿一个保证是更重大的消息跟我交换
Did you set a deadline? Yes.
你设定最后期限了吗,对
For when? For now. He just called.
什么时候,现在,他刚刚打电话来
And this is where you came in.
现在要找你们商量的是
If we agree to hold off reporting the 1990 speech,
如果我们同意暂不报道1990年的演讲
he'll give us two ontherecord sources.
他会给我们两个提供两名可公开的线人
As long as it's not a potentially libelous story
只要不是诽谤部队可能存在
about misconduct in the armed forces, I'm listening.
滥用职权现象的事情,我都洗耳恭听
David Patraeus is about to resign over an extramarital affair
戴维·彼得雷乌斯将因与他的传记作者(前中情局局长)
with his biographer, a lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserve.
一名陆军预备役中校发生外遇而辞职
And the commander of US forces in Afghanistan
驻阿富汗美军指挥官将因为与一名
will be investigated with regard to a relationship
佛罗里达社交名媛的不正当关系而受到调查
with a Florida socialite who was receiving
此人日前收到
harassing emails from General Patraeus's mistress.
彼得雷乌斯将军的情妇的威胁邮件
I mean, what the fuck?!
这他妈什么情况
Three minutes for the calls, then a 90 whiparound.
三分钟宣布判定, 90度转身
And we'll go to Jane to look at the Senate.
然后我们切到简,关注参议院的情况
Remember what I said before about my personal politics?
记得之前我说,别把我个人的政治观点扯进来吗
Sure. Forget it.
当然,忘了吧
Take me apart.
放马过来
10 seconds.
十秒
In three, two...
倒计时三,二

重点单词   查看全部解释    
convention [kən'venʃən]

想一想再看

n. 大会,协定,惯例,公约

联想记忆
issue ['iʃju:]

想一想再看

n. 发行物,期刊号,争论点
vi. & vt

 
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
knowingly ['nəuiŋli]

想一想再看

adv. 故意地;机警地,狡黠地

 
outlet ['autlet]

想一想再看

n. 出口,出路,通风口,批发商店

 
sue [su:]

想一想再看

vt. 控告,起诉
vi. 请求,追求,起诉

 
commercial [kə'mə:ʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 商业的
n. 商业广告

联想记忆
seclusion [si'klu:ʒən]

想一想再看

n. 隔离,隔绝

 
opponent [ə'pəunənt]

想一想再看

n. 对手,敌手,反对者
adj. 敌对的,反

联想记忆
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆


关键字: 美剧 新闻编辑室

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。