手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 新闻编辑室 > 新闻编辑室第二季 > 正文

新闻编辑室第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第7集 篡改视频报道假新闻

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机
It happened, Jim.
确有其事,吉姆
Charlie, be the voice of reason.
查理,理性地说服他们
I think it happened
我认为那次行动真的发生了
and I think we're two inches away from proving it.
而且我认为我们很快就能证明这个事实
We have 30 names and these were given to us by Sweeney.
我们知道30个人,这些都是斯维尼告诉我们的
None of them is talking
他们都不肯透露任何事
with the exception of Lance Corporal Herman Valenzuela who's dead.
除了准下士赫尔曼·巴伦苏埃拉,他死了
General Stomtonovich?
斯托姆托洛维奇将军吗
You want to know how chemical weapons are stored?
你们想知道化学武器是怎么储存的吗
Yes, sir. All right.
是的,先生,好吧
I'm asking you if we used sarin gas.
我是在问你我们是否用了沙林毒气
If we used sarin
如果我们用了沙林
General Listen to me.
将军,听我说
Here's how.
我们是这么用的
...if we used sarin.
如果我们用了沙林
Did we use sarin gas? We used sarin.
我们有没有用沙林毒气,我们用了沙林
We're not there yet. How long before you're comfortable?
我们还不能播报,你们还要多久才满意
Lance Corporal Herman Valenzuela is on the phone.
赫尔曼·巴伦苏埃拉准下士打来电话
Valenzuela is dead.
巴伦苏埃拉已经死了
No, he's not. He's on the phone.
不,没有,他打来电话了
I need some kind of sign from you.
你得给我点提示
I need an indication, some kind of indication, that you
你得做出一点表态,让我知道你...
What? Fully understand the stupidity of this.
怎么,完全明白这有多蠢
I do. Doesn't feel like it.
我明白,我没感觉出来
How would you like me to behave?
你希望我怎么样
It feels to me I have to say,
我觉得,我必须说出来
it feels to me like you think this is nuance,
我觉得你认为这事重在细节
that you think there are layers that have to be explored.
你认为这里面还有更多的事
Why do you say that? For one thing,
为什么这么说,首先
there's four lawyers in the room
这间屋子里有四个律师
billing out at, I don't know.
我不知道你们挣多少钱
I'm sure you're worth it.
你们肯定值那个价
And you've been here five days. This is your fifth day.
而且你们来五天了,这是第五天
But that's my point. Why do we need lawyers who are worth it?
但我要说的就是这个,我们为什么要请好律师
Why do we need lawyers? Why do we need lawyers?
我们为什么要请律师,我们何必请律师
You're being sued.
你们被人起诉了
And you're saying that like it's not insane.
听你的口气好像这事很正常
You're saying that like it isn't
听你的口气好像...
Tell me what I'm missing.
我说漏了什么告诉我
A producer comes up from DC.
一个从华府来的制片人
He wants to make a name for himself in New York.
他想在纽约为自己扬名立万
He chases a story that's not there.
他去跟踪一条虚假的新闻
And the story, it's not a kitten up a tree.
而且这条新闻不是树上有只小猫
Chemical weapons, sarin gas on civilians.
而是化学武器,是对平民使用沙林毒气
He cooks an interview.
他篡改了采访录像
He takes a pair of scissors to raw footage.
他剪辑了原始录像带
Of a man on the street?
是采访路人甲的录像带吗
Of a retired, threestar Marine general.
不,是一位退役海军陆战队三星上将
We go to air. 48 hours it takes for the story to come undone
我们播出了新闻, 48小时内新闻被证实为虚假
and with it Atlantis Cable News.
亚特兰蒂斯有线新闻也受到牵连
ACN is brought to its knees.
ACN颜面扫地
The producer's surgical strike is discovered and the producer is fired.
制片人的小动作被发现,此人随后被解雇
Does he write an open letter to the "New York Times"
他向《纽约时报》发出公开信
apologizing to the public, his colleagues,
向公众,他的同事
the threestar general, and the US Armed Forces?
那位三星上将和整个美军道歉了吗
No, he sues us for wrongful termination.
没有,他起诉我们不正当解雇
And I need to know, I need some kind of sign from you, Rebecca,
我需要知道,我需要你表示出来,丽贝卡
because you're obviously all four of you,
因为你们显然,你们四个都是
you can't be stupid and afford haircuts this good.
你们发型这么好看,肯定智商不低
I need you to tell me that this is exactly as insane as it is.
我需要你告诉这事的确就是这么不靠谱
I'm afraid I'm going to have to infuriate you.
恐怕我要惹你生气了
Why? Because it is nuanced.
为什么,因为这的确重在细节
He cooked an interview. He took pruning shears to the raw
他篡改了采访录像,他剪辑了原始...
Rebecca, if he doused the studio in kerosene
丽贝卡,如果他把整个演播室浸满汽油
and lit a tiki torch,
然后点了把火
it wouldn't have done as much damage as Genoa,
也不及热那亚事件的毁灭性大
so where is the complexity? Where is the nuance?
这事到底哪里复杂了,细节在哪里
His claim is he's a scapegoat.
他声称他是替罪羊
That's his claim? Yeah.
他是这么说的,是的
I understand why he'd feel that way,
我理解他为什么会这么认为
because it was entirely his fault.
因为这完全就是他的错
And if it was entirely his fault,
如果完全是他的错
then it's not at all anyone else's.
那就不能怪你们其他任何人
It was not at all anyone else's.
完全不能怪其他任何人
That's where the plaintiff disagrees.
这就是原告不赞同的地方
And if Dantana was being offered as a sacrifice to the gods...
如果丹塔纳真的被祭天了
Oh, Rebecca. ...and it was an institutional failure
丽贝卡啊,而实际上是机制问题
that led to the airing of Genoa... I'm gonna eat this table.
导致了热那亚播报,我要吃桌子了
and he is paying the price for mistakes that were made above him.
而他却为他上司犯下的错误买单
This isn't an original story, Don.
这事屡见不鲜,唐
He cooked That's the nuance.
他篡改了,细节就在这里
The nuance is he's gonna leverage the public's inexhaustible love
细节在于他要利用公众对于
of big shots falling down.
大人物倒台的热衷
Charlie, Will, and Mac.
查理,威尔,麦肯
I know how this ends.
我明白这事会如何收场
Why is it called a red team?
为什么要叫红队
The blood cells.
血细胞
White blood cells attack an infection,
白细胞攻击感染
red blood cells clean it up.
红细胞收拾残局
You have a group of people
有一队人
investigating a story, they're the white team.
去调查一篇报道,他们就是白队
Other people are purposely kept out of the loop
其他人有意被排除在外
so that when the white team is ready, they can
这样等白队准备好了,他们就能
Fresh eyes. We're supposed to poke holes in it.
带来新视角,我们应该找出漏洞
And were you able to? Were we...
你们找出来了吗,我们
The first red team. You...
第一队红队,你
Jim Harper, Sloan Sabbith.
吉姆·哈珀,斯隆·莎碧斯
Was anyone able to poke holes in it?
你们几个找到漏洞了吗
No. Other than the madeup interview, it was a solid story.
不,除了篡改录像带,整个报道没问题
I'm asking if you were able to poke holes in it.
我是在问你们有没有找到漏洞
This is exactly what I'm talking about. What does it matter?
我就是要说这个,这有什么关系呢
It matters. It matters because
当然有关系,因为
there were holes in the story, right?
这篇报道的确有漏洞,不是吗
Yeah. Now, Don, a ton of them, right?
是的,而且有一堆呢,唐
We didn't see the holes because
我们没发现漏洞,因为...
That's institutional failure, right?
这不就是机制问题吗
You don't have to answer that.
你不用回答
In fact, don't. I can.
事实上,别回答,我能回答
First red team meeting was seven months ago.
第一次红队会议是七个月之前
Charlie wants more evidence.
查理要挖掘更多证据
Second red team meeting, you have Stomtonovich now.
第二次红队会议,你们有斯托姆托洛维奇了
Charlie still wants more evidence. That's not diligent?
查理还要继续找证据,这还不够用心吗
Third red team meeting, you have Valenzuela now
第三次红队会议,你们找到了巴伦苏埃拉
and Charlie greenlights Genoa.
于是查理同意报道热那亚
And I'm asking you, other than the cooked tape, Mrs. Lincoln,
我要问的是,除了篡改的录像带,林肯夫人
were there any holes in the story?
这篇报道还有其他漏洞吗
Yes. But you didn't find any of them.
是的,但你们没找到
We found all of them. And I grant you
我们都找到了,我承认
it would've been better if we found them before the story aired.
如果我们播报之前就能发现这些漏洞就更好了
You'll grant me that.
你承认
He digitaly remaster an interview.
他用数码技术篡改了采访
That is the all of it. That's it.
事情就是这样
There was no institutional failure.
没什么机制问题
Where was the third red team meeting?
第三次红队会议在哪举行的
Where did Charlie give the green light?
查理在哪同意进行报道的
It was right in this room.
就在这间屋子里
This is an interview with Gunnery Sergeant Eric Sweeney,
这是对三级军士长埃里克·斯维尼的采访
the first member of the Genoa crew to come forward.
热那亚行动参与者中最先站出来的人
It was recorded in September of last year.
这是去年九月录制的
The third red team meeting, red team three,
第三次红队会议,三号红队
we were all walked through the evidence again.
我们都再次回顾了所有证据
One, Jerry gets a tip from Cyrus West,
一,杰利从塞卢斯·维斯特那里得到消息
a retired Air Force captain who had just appeared on "News Night"
他是退役空军上尉,刚刚在《晚间新闻》上
in support of drone strikes.
表示支持无人机攻击
Cyrus West is known among people I know
据我认识的人称塞卢斯·维斯特
as a guy with ambition.
是一个有野心的人
What kind of ambition?
什么样的野心
Congress, "Dancing With the Stars," I don't know.
进入国会,参加《星随舞动》 我也不知道
But you have to take what he said with a salt lick.
但是他的话不能全信
Did you warn anyone about that?
你提醒别人了吗
I couldn't. I wasn't in the loop.
没有,我当时不在场
You also weren't in New York.
而且你也不在纽约
I was in New Hampshire with the Romney campaign at the time.
我当时在新罕布什尔跟踪报道罗姆尼竞选团队
Why? I was covering for our embed,
为什么,我去顶替我们的记者
a guy named Ben Furusho who'd hurt himself.
本·福鲁索,他弄伤了自己
How'd he hurt himself? Ben?
他怎么受伤的,本吗
Yeah. Mark is asking did he hurt himself
对,马克是在问,他是因为
saving people from a burning building?
冲进着火的楼里救人而受伤的吗
No, he got drunk and tried to jump from his secondfloor balcony
不,他喝醉了,想从纳舒厄假日酒店
into the pool at the Nashua Holiday Inn.
二楼的阳台跳进游泳池里
Were you the only one available to cover for him?
你是当时唯一能去顶替他的人吗
No.
不是的
Were you the only one qualified to cover for him?
你是唯一能胜任他的工作的人吗
No.
不是
Who made the decision you should cover for him?
是谁决定由你去顶替他的
I did. You sent yourself to New Hampshire?
是我,你把自己发配到新罕布什尔了
I think you know what these guys are getting at.
我想你明白他们想问什么
There is a woman I work with
我有一位女同事...
Maggie Jordan. We don't have to make this excruciating.
玛姬·乔丹,我们就不折磨你了
You had a relationship with a coworker.
你跟你的同事有一段恋情
It wasn't a relationship. You had something with Maggie,
那不算恋情,你跟玛姬有点暧昧
but she was living with Don
但她当时在跟唐同居
and your heart was a little dinged up,
而你为此很难过
so you wanted to get out of town for a while
于是就想离开这里一阵
and that's why you weren't available to do your job,
所以你不能履行职责
which at that moment included saying to MacKenzie,
当时就包括告诉麦肯兹
"Don't trust Cyrus West."
"别相信塞卢斯·维斯特"
What is it Jerry's counting on?
杰利想怎么样啊
That you guys don't want stories like that made public.
你们根本不想报道这样的新闻
Go back to red team three.
回到三号红队上
Genoa got on the air because I was distracted?
热那亚的报道是因为我分心了
Go back.
继续说红队会议
One, Jerry gets the tip from Cyrus West.
一,杰利从塞卢斯·维斯特那儿得到了消息
The tip leads him to Eric Sweeney. That's two.
这则消息让他找到了埃里克·斯维尼,这是第二
Here's the Sweeney interview.
这是斯维尼的采访
Would you say your name, rank, and your last billet?
请你说一下你的姓名,军衔,最后服役部队
Gunnery Sergeant Eric Sweeney.
三级军士长埃里克·斯维尼
Before my discharge, I was stationed with a MARSOC unit in Jbad.
退役之前,我被派去Jbad的MARSOC服役
That's Marine Special Operations Command in Jalalabad? Yes, sir.
贾拉拉巴德的美军特种作战指挥部,是的
Have you ever heard of a black op called Genoa?
你听说过一个叫热那亚的秘密行动吗
Yes, sir.
是的
Did you participate in that black op?
你参与那起秘密行动了吗
This was maybe the hundredth time I'd seen the Sweeney interview.
那可能是我第一百次看斯维尼的采访录像了
Intel had location on two Marine POWs
情报显示两名海军陆战队战士
who'd been separated from their unit three days earlier
三天前在兴都库什山交火冲突中
during a firefight in the Hindu Kush.
与大部队分开随后被俘
They'd been smuggled across the border
他们被带出了边境
and the Pakistani Taliban intended to sell them
巴基斯坦塔利班为宣传目的
for propaganda purposes.
要把他们卖掉
What does "Propaganda purposes" Mean?
"宣传目的"是什么意思
They were gonna be publically beheaded.
他们会被公开斩首
And if we didn't get them
如果在他们转移之前
before they were moved again, we'd lose them.
我们没有救出人质,那我们将失去他们
Operation Genoa was an extraction.
热那亚行动是一次营救人质行动
A MARSOC unit flies in on a couple of Black Hawks
一个特战分队乘黑鹰直升机降落
and grabs our guys, but the first unit was overrun
救出了人质,但第一分队受到攻击
and the second unit, the story goes,
于是,第二分队
dropped sarin gas.
扔下了沙林毒气弹
Suddenly I'm tripping over people screaming.
突然我就摔倒了,大家都在尖叫
Boils and burns on their bodies. Some of them passed out.
身上燃起了大火,一些人因此丧生
What did you think was in the missile?
你觉得导弹里面是什么
I wasn't sure, but I didn't have time
我不确定,我也没时间
to think about it until we were out of there.
考虑是什么直到我们离开那
So later I'm talking to the crew,
随后,我跟队员讨论
I'm asking about the weapons package.
我问他们所使用的武器是什么
Why'd the white phosphorus do that?
白磷弹怎么会出现那种效果
And the guy said it wasn't the Willie Pete.
队员们说,那不是"威利皮特"威利皮特:(美军所使用的一种白磷导弹)
I said, "What was it?" He said, "Sarin."
我说,那是什么,他答道,沙林
Will was the only one in
威尔是屋子里唯一
the room who hadn't heard the story before.
没有听说过这个故事的人
I looked over to see what his first reaction was going to be.
我扭头看了看他的反应
The guy said it wasn't the Willie Pete.
队员说那不是"威利皮特"
I said, "What was it?" He said, "Sarin."
我说,那是什么,他答道,沙林
There was no expression.
但他脸上却毫无表情
Cyrus West, Eric Sweeney, that's one and two.
塞卢斯·维斯特,埃里克·斯维尼,这是两个证人
The tweets from Hamni8 were three.
还有汉尼8的推文,这是第三个证据
Four was Leon Deit and the NGO report.
第四个是利昂·迪特和他的非政府报告
Five was Charlie's source who handed over the helo manifest.
第五个是查理线人提供的直升机载货单
This is a list of every weapon the Black Hawks were carrying,
这是一份黑鹰直升机所搭载武器的清单
or at least one of the two Black Hawks.
至少是两架中的一架
MX76
MX76.
Five munitions experts say there's no such thing.
五位军火专家都说这东西不存在
It's what you write in that
通常当你搭载的是机密物品时
spot when your payload is codewordclassified.
才会用到这个字眼
That's the sarin.
也就是沙林
Charlie's source was our fifth piece of evidence.
查理的线人是我们的第五个证据
Were you happy with the evidence so far?
你对目前掌握的证据满意吗
Was I? Yeah.
你问我,对啊
Rebecca, I run our website.
丽贝卡,我是负责网站的
I'm not an investigative reporter.
我不是调查记者
Yeah, I'm just asking how you felt about the evidence so far.
对,我就是问你对这些证据的看法
I'm not qualified to judge the evidence.
我没有资格去讨论这些证据
You were on the Genoa team?
你在报道热那亚行动的团队中吗
Yeah. You were put on the team?
我在,你被安排在团队中了
Yes. Yes. Neal.
对,是的,尼尔
Don't ever fucking say out loud
那就别他妈的大声说
that you are unqualified to judge the evidence.
你没有资格讨论这些证据
Wait Don't ever say it again.
等等,别再说了
I was absolutely qualified to chase the Hamni8 tweets,
我完全有资格去调查汉尼8的推文
which was my job on the team. I get that.
这是我在团队中的工作,我知道
You get that. They get that.
你知道,他们也知道
Let's quit while we're ahead.
既然讨论过就不要再提了
Five was Charlie's source with the helo manifest.
第五个是查理线人提供的直升机载货单
Six was Stomtonovich.
第六个是斯托姆托洛维奇将军
At the time of Genoa,
在执行热那亚行动时
we still had sarin gas. Is that right?
我们仍然有沙林毒气,对吗
Yes, we did. You're sure of this?
对,你确定吗
We had sarin gas at the time of Genoa and we have sarin today.
我们在当时有沙林毒气,现在也有
According to the OPCW, the US was scheduled
根据OPCW ,美国应于2007年底(OPCW:国际禁止化学武器组织)
to have completed its destruction of chemical weapons by 2007.
彻底销毁其拥有的化学武器
The US missed that deadline. Stop the tape.
美国没有在截止日期前完成,暂停
What are we gonna do about the basketball game?
我们要怎么处理视频中的篮球赛
We'll blur it out. Why?
模糊化处理,为什么
Was the interview conducted in front of a game?
访谈是在电视前面进行的吗
He wanted it on. Why not move his chair?
他不想关电视,为什么不挪椅子
I wanted the Marine paraphernalia in the shot,
我想把陆战队装备拍到镜头中
but to get that, I couldn't frame out the screen,
所以我不能挪动屏幕
which I knew I could take out later. Is this important?
但之后我可以去除,这很重要吗
Still no reaction from Will.
可是威尔还是毫无表情
Stomtonovich was six
斯托姆托洛维奇是第六个
and then Valenzuela was seven.
巴伦苏埃拉是第七个
I conducted the interview with Lance Corporal Herman Valenzuela
我在前天, 8月22日
on August 22, the day before yesterday.
采访了准下士赫尔曼·巴伦苏埃拉
Here it is.
这是录像
Did you use gas on the mission?
你们在任务中使用毒气了吗
Valenzuela, the crew chief on board
巴伦苏埃拉,其中一架直升机
one of the two MARSOC helos, confirms everything
的当值机长,证实了维斯特,斯维尼
we've been told by West, Sweeney, and Stomtonovich,
和斯托姆托洛维奇将军的说辞
all of which is consistent with the tweets from Hamni8,
所有的一切都与汉尼8的推文
the Leon Deit report and Charlie's source with the helo manifest.
利昂·迪特的报告还有查理线人提供的直升机装载单一致
The presentation is over
所有的展示结束了
and Will's just heard everything for the first time.
威尔是第一次听到了所有事情
This is what's been happening for the last 11 months.
这就是这11个月以来发生的事情
Yeah, I had a hunch.
对,我有预感
You did?
是吗
I heard the same story.
我听说了同样的事
That came as kind of a shock to everybody.
这句话让大家都震惊了
Like Charlie's source, Will was only able to identify
就像查理的线人,威尔只能确定
him or her as reliable and in a position to know.
他的线人可信,而且是知情人
At that moment I know
当时... 我知道
what you're gonna ask and it doesn't matter.
你要问什么,这无关紧要
Sloan, at that moment, did anyone in the room
斯隆,当时屋里有没有人...
you've got everyone
所有人都在那
you've got the president of the news division,
有新闻部的主任
the editor and anchor in chief, the EP,
有主编和主播,有制片人
senior producer, staff. It didn't matter.
有高级制作人和员工,这无关紧要
Did anyone at that moment think to ask
当时有没有人想到去问
if Charlie's source and Will's source were the same person?
查理的线人和威尔的线人是同一个人
It didn't matter.
这无关紧要
Did anyone It was already a go.
有没有人,已经够报道了
Will's source was just extra.
威尔的线人也只是辅证
It didn't make you feel more confident
但是威尔也听说了这事
that Will had heard it too?
这不会让你们更有自信吗
Yes. Did anyone ask?
会,有人就此发问吗
No.
没有
How many more times did you review the evidence?
你们对证据又进行了多少次审核
I'm not sure.
我也不确定
We went through the whole thing maybe four more times.
大概又重新审核了四遍
I'm ready to say go.
我觉得可以报道了
You know how I feel.
你们知道我的意见
I'm convinced. I'm not.
我也觉得可信,我不信
I know. Mac.
我知道,麦肯
Tell me why.
告诉我原因
It just doesn't feel right.
就是感觉不对
11 months of reporting versus your gut?
11个月的报道和你的直觉相悖
I'll take the reporting.
我宁愿选择报道
I'd take Jim's gut. Me, too.
我选吉姆的直觉,我也是
You worship at the altar of logic and reason.
你们应该相信的是逻辑和因果啊
And I don't believe this many
我不相信这么多人
people could keep something like this a secret.
可以同时保守这样的秘密
Well, they didn't.
他们没有啊
Jerry, I know these guys.
杰利,我了解当兵的
Due respect, Jim, but you fetishize these guys.
恕我直言,吉姆,你对军人太迷恋
Two million men and women in the armed services.
两百万正在服役的士兵
You were embedded with a couple of units.
你只和其中几个分队待在一起过
You know a few of these guys. Hang on.
你只了解其中一些人,等等
I don't think it's fetishizing to admire people
他们愿意参与到这些我们
who signed up to fight a couple of wars that neither one of us
谁都不愿意触碰的战争中,我不觉得
wanted to dirty our hands with,
痴迷他们有什么错
but I do give them the benefit of the doubt.
但我确实给了他们无罪推定
I gave them the benefit of the doubt, too, until I saw pictures
我也是这么想的,直到我看见
of what'shername doing the
某某人对一名
"Get this" Pose next to prisoners in dog collars
戴着连接汽车电池的狗项圈的犯人
wired to car batteries.
做出"尝尝这个"的动作时
It doesn't feel right?
你还会说感觉不对吗
We've tortured, drowned, wiretapped,
我们曾经虐待过,淹没过,监听过
renditioned, and suspended due process,
演绎过,也废除过正规的法律程序
but you think we drew a moral and legal line someplace?
但你觉得我们有道德和法律的底线吗
Are you one of the Andrews Sisters? All right.
你是安德鲁斯姐妹吗,好了
It doesn't feel right because
之所以感觉不对是因为
It doesn't feel right because I was the one leading the team.
是因为我是团队的领头人
I'm sure that's not what Jim was gonna say.
我确定这不是吉姆想说的
No, it's exactly what I was going to say.
不,这就是我想说的
What's your concern with me?
你对我有什么顾虑
My concern is that I don't know you.
我的顾虑就是我不了解你
Well, that's a lame reason.
这可不是什么好理由
No, right now he's being paid to be skeptical.
不,持怀疑态度是他的职责
I didn't show up one day.
我不是一朝成名的
I've been working at the DC bureau for eight years.
我之前在华盛顿的办事处工作了八年
We may be the ugly stepsister,
我们俩或许有点合不来
but it worked for you, too, Charlie.
但这对你来说也是的,查理
Don. When Jim doesn't feel good about a story,
唐,当吉姆对一个故事怀疑时
I take it seriously.
我也会认真考虑的
But I have another concern
但我还有另外一个顾虑
which Mac and I talked about last March.
我和麦肯在去年三月份讨论过
Do you remember this? Yeah. Safety.
你还记得吗,对,安全性
Isn't there a chance we're putting soldiers in danger?
我们会不会让士兵陷入危险吗
Yes. Even rioting.
会,甚至暴乱
Plus the "Get this" Pictures with the dog collars
而且狗项圈和"尝尝这个"的照片
was the single best recruiting tool AlQaeda's ever had.
对于基地组织来说是最好的招募广告
You're saying don't run a story about the use of chemical weapons
你是说我们不能报道使用化学武器的事件
because it might be dangerous? I am.
因为这可能会造成危险,对
But the chemical weapons, they're not dangerous?
但是化学武器本身就不危险吗
I'm saying the needs of
我是说这样的需要...
It's the protests that we should be worried about?
我们应该担心的是抗议活动
I also think we should consider there's an election going on.
我觉得我们还应该考虑正在进行的大选
You think we shouldn't run it until after November?
你认为我们直到11月份过后才能报道
I think we should wait until we're sure.
我觉得我们应该等等直到确定真实性
We are sure. You just don't like the story.
我们很确定,你只是不喜欢这个报道
"It is illegal to develop, produce, "
以任何方式研发,制造
otherwise acquire, transfer directly or indirectly,
或者获得,直接转移或间接转移
receive, stockpile, retain, own, possess, or use
接收,存储,保留,拥有,占有或使用
or threaten to use any chemical weapon.
或威胁使用任何化学武器都是违法的
Any person who violates section 229 of this title
任何违反本章第229节规定
and by whose action the death of another person is the result
并因此导致另一人死亡的当事人
shall be punished by death or imprisoned for life."
将被处以死刑或者终生监禁
That's not the Geneva Conventions, that's US federal law.
这不是《日内瓦公约》, 这是美国联邦法
Whose case are you arguing?
你到底站在哪一边
I'm just making sure we know what we're accusing these guys of.
我只是想让大家知道我们在指控这些军人什么
Who, by the way, rescued two Marines while taking heavy fire.
这些人也冒着枪林弹雨解救了两位士兵
If these guys are charged,
如果这些人被指控
there could be riots here at home, too.
在美国本土可能也会有暴乱
God, Don, just stay in your house. Okay.
天哪,唐,你就待在家里吧,好吧
Will?
威尔
He sat there a long time before he said...
他停了很长时间才说...
I trust Charlie and Mac.
我相信查理和麦肯
All right, we're going.
好的,那我们就报道
Lock it down.
就这么定了
15 seconds. Stand by rollin.
15秒,准备切入
Stand by. Standing.
准备,准备中
G118. Standing. G118
准备中
Ready rollin. Here we go, Will.
准备切入,开始了,威尔
And roll in.
切入
We've been at war with AlQaeda and its allies
我们已经同基地组织及其盟友
for over 10 years.
进行了长达十几年的战争
War demands sacrifice
战争需要牺牲
sometimes of liberty, sometimes of livelihood,
有时牺牲的是自由,有时是个人的生活
and sometimes of life.
而有时则是生命
But does it require us to abandon the principles
但是它真的需要我们放弃
for which we're fighting and
我们为之而战的原则
inch by inch resemble more the enemy we fight?
一步一步成为我们所抗击的敌人那样吗
As Alfred Adler once said, "It is easier to fight
就像阿尔弗雷德·阿德勒说的(奥地利精神病学家)
for one's principles than to live up to them."
"为信念而战远比坚守信念容易"
This is "ACN Reports" And tonight
这里是"ACN新闻报道" ,今晚
we tell you the story of Operation Genoa,
我们将会向您讲述一个叫做热那亚行动的故事
a madeforHollywood tale of a daring rescue mission.
一个为好莱坞量身定做的勇敢的营救行动
It's to you to decide if the mission was a success.
任务是否成功将由你们来决定
Our report begins with a firefight in Afghanistan's Hindu Kush
我们的报道从阿富汗境内兴都库什山脉的战斗说起
that separated two Marines from their pinneddown unit.
两名海军陆战队员和他们被困的部队失去了联系
Go three.
进三号画面
The mountains of the Hindu Kush
兴都库什山脉
have been violent tribal areas
从亚历山大大帝
since before Alexander the Great
途径波斯东征印度开始
marched through Persia on his way to India.
就一直是暴力的部落控制地带
On one dangerous night in March 2009,
2009年三月那个凶险的夜晚
two young Marines were on patrol...
两名年轻的陆战队员正在巡逻
...intelligence they were gonna
巴基斯坦的塔利班成员打算
be smuggled across the border by Pakistani Taliban.
秘密运过国境的情报
And what else did the intelligence tell you?
情报还提供给你什么信息
There was a ticking clock.
时间紧迫
We knew they were gonna be sold for propaganda purposes.
我们知道它们的交易价值在于宣传目的
Sold to AlQaeda? Yes.
卖给基地组织,是的
In a matter of days? Hours, really.
几天之内,几小时
According to the Organization
根据禁止化学武器组织
for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons...
的规定
Ready 17. Stand by 19 through 22A.
17号待命,19号通过22A准备
Standing.
准备完毕
But we sat down with a Marine threestar general,
我们采访到一位海军陆战队三星上将
an expert in chemical weapons with knowledge of Operation Genoa.
精通化学武器,熟知热那亚行动
At his request, we blacked out his face
应其要求,遮挡了面部
and electronically altered his voice. Go 17.
处理了声音, 17号播放
According to the OPCW,
根据禁止化学武器组织的规定
the US was scheduled to have completed its destruction
美国应该在2007年之前
of chemical weapons by 2007.
完成化学武器的全部销毁工作
The US missed that deadline.
美国没有在截止日期之前完成
They extended it to 2012 and they missed that deadline, too.
他们将时间延长到2012年,并且也没有完成
At the time of Genoa, we destroyed at least 87%...
在热那亚行动发生之时,已销毁了至少87%
We asked if any exceptional measures were used in the operation.
我们询问他在行动中是否采取了非常规手段
Exceptional measures were called for.
情况所迫需要使用非常规手段
We asked if sarin gas was used.
我们问他是否使用了沙林毒气
We used sarin.
我们用了沙林
A crew chief from the operation speaks to us
广告之后, "ACN新闻报道"继续向您带来
when "ACN Reports" Returns right after this.
参与行动的一位机长的采访
What are your duties as crew chief?
你作为机长的职责是什么
I'm in charge of the crew and the equipment.
我负责管理所有的机组成员和装备
Do you oversee the loading of the helicopter, the payload?
你是否查看了直升机上装载的物品,有效荷载
Yes, during preflight, I'd be responsible for the payload.
是的,起飞前我要负责查看有效荷载
...being roughly 7,500 tons of sarin.
大约7500吨沙林
The Pentagon declined our request for an interview.
五角大楼拒绝了我们的采访要求
For everyone at "ACN Reports," I'm Will McAvoy.
欢迎收看"ACN新闻报道" ,我是威尔·麦克沃尔
Good night.
晚安
Are you here for a call?
你是被电话叫来的
Congratulations?
祝贺
General Stomtonovich. Charlie, he's screaming.
斯托姆诺维奇将军,查理,他在大喊大叫
He says he never said they used sarin. It's on film.
他说他从没说过使用了沙林,片子上有
He says he never said that. It's on film.
他说他从没说过,片子上有
I knew this would happen. It happens all the time.
我就知道会这样,常有的事
These guys get cold feet
这些家伙们临阵退缩了
or someone at the DOD begs them to recant.
要么就是国防部的人要求他们收回言论
What's he saying we did? Edited him out of context.
他是怎么说我们的,说我们断章取义
Did you tell him we have the raw footage? Yeah.
你跟他说我们看过原始录像带了吗,当然
Raw footage isn't edited out of context.
原始录像带可没法断章取义
It isn't edited at all. I told him that.
原始录像带压根就没编辑,我给他说了
What did he say? He said he was gonna kill me.
他说什么,他说他要杀了我
Did he say it the way Mac
他的语气是和麦肯跟我说的时候那种
says it to me or did it seem like he meant it?
还是真正认真的那种
I mean it when I say it to you. He was very upset.
我和你说的时候也是认真的,他很生气
Tell him I'm gonna go
告诉他,我现在
right now to look at the raw interview again
就去再看一遍原始录像带
and that he can look at it with me if he wants.
如果他想的话,也可以跟我一起看
All right.
We knew things were gonna happen. Yeah.
我们知道会出事,是的
Chemical weapons expert wants to kill me.
化学武器专家想杀了我
I make the worst enemies.
我惹上了最可怕的敌人
Seriously, I'm a perfectly nice guy.
说真的,我真是最完美的受害者人选
People are celebrating out there.
大家都在外面庆祝
Yeah, I'm coming out. Who's playing?
是的,我要出去,谁在比赛
The California Golden Bears are hosting the UCLA Bruins.
加州州大主场打加州大学洛杉矶分校
You'll watch anything, won't you?
你什么都看是吧
Yeah.
是的
Why are there two clocks?
为什么有两个表
One's the game clock and one's the play clock.
一个是计时钟,还有一个是比赛时钟
The game clock is showing how much time is left in the quarter
计时钟显示本节比赛还有多长时间结束
and the play clock shows
比赛时钟显示
how much time is left to get off the play.
比赛还有多长时间结束
They only have a certain amount of time to complete the play?
他们的比赛时长是固定的
They only have a certain amount of time to start the play.
他们开始的时间是固定的
Don't have that rule in soccer.
这规则足球可没有
They don't have any rules in soccer.
他们的规则足球都没有
That's why you think a game that ends in a zerozero tie
所以你才觉得一场零比零的平局
is a gamely fought match. It's called nilnil.
是一场激烈的比赛,那叫互交白卷
I was trying to keep it from being worse.
我在设法防止情况恶化
I was helping you out.
我在帮助你
Do any other sports have enforced pacing?
还有其他比赛需要速度的吗
Does baseball?
棒球
No, pitchers commonly go for a sandwich between pitches.
不,投手在投球的间歇都去吃个三明治
Golf you can be penalized for slow play.
高尔夫你可能因为慢打而受罚
Hockey you can hang onto the puck for as long as you want,
冰球,你可以一直控制球
but before too long a guy named Lars is gonna hurt you.
但很快有会有个叫拉尔斯的家伙上来揍你
Basketball has a shot clock. You've got 24 seconds
篮球有投篮时限,你有24秒的时间
to put up a shot, or in college it's 35.
来投篮,大学比赛是35秒
Tennis you can lose a point for slow play.
网球你可能会因为慢发球而失分
Listen. Yeah.
听着,好的
Should we be worried about the Stomtonovich call?
我们应该担心斯托姆诺维奇的电话吗
It's on film. Okay.
他说的话都录下来了,好
I'm gonna look at it again now.
我现在就去再看一遍
Go Bruins! Beat the Golden Bears.
加油棕熊队,打败金熊队
Beat them as hard as you can.
让他们输的越惨越好
Beat them with impunity!
狠狠打击,恕你无罪
You have no idea what you're saying. I know.
你根本不知道你在说什么,我知道
We thought the DOD would have I thought.
我们以为国防部会,我以为
I thought the DOD
我以为国防部
would have a response on their website by midnight.
会在午夜之前在他们的网站上进行回应
But by 6:00 A.M. We hadn't heard anything yet.
一直到早上六点我们都没有收到回应
Come on in.
请进
Excuse me.
抱歉
You guys have met? We have.
你们见过面了,见了
How are you? Good, thank you.
你好吗,很好,谢谢
She says she never heard Stomtonovich say it happened.
她说她从来没听到斯托姆诺维奇说"确有其事"
Then that's what it is. Even in her condition?
那她就是没听到,即使是以她现在的状态
Hmm? You'd take her word for it in her condition?
什么,即使是她现在的状态
In the condition she was in when they did the interview?
当他们进行采访时她的精神状态你还是相信她
She's not in a condition, and, yes, I'd take her word for it.
她精神没问题,是的,我相信她的话
If she wasn't sure, she'd say she wasn't sure.
如果她不确定,她会说她不确定
On the witness stand,
在证人席上
that's not gonna sound like honorable loyalty.
刚才那番话听上去绝非可敬的忠诚
It's gonna sound like you're willing to believe anybody
只能说明你愿意相信每一个
as long as you slept with them.
和你睡过觉的人
This is the very last polling
这是明天要公布的
data taken before the polls open tomorrow.
最新民调数据
Who's gonna win?
谁会赢
The president will be reelected.
总统会获得连任
But Tulsi Gabbard's gonna win in Hawaii's second.
但是图尔西·盖博尔德会赢得夏威夷的次席
She'll be the first Samoan in Congress.
她将成为国会中的第一位萨摩亚人
And Kerry Bentivolio is gonna take the seat
凯利·本迪沃里奥会补
vacated by Thaddeus McCotter,
萨迪厄斯·麦考特尔的空缺
who came out with my pick
麦考特尔的辞职演讲
for the best resignation statement of all time.
是我心目中的最佳
"The recent event's totalities of calumnies, "
最近事件中所有的诽谤
indignities and deceits
侮辱和欺骗
have weighed most heavily upon my family.
让我的家庭不堪重负
Thus, acutely aware one cannot rebuild their hearth
因此,当我意识到人们不可能在
among the ruins of their US House office,
议院的废墟上重起炉灶
for the sake of my loved ones, I must strike another match,
为了我爱的人,我必须再做一次努力
go start anew by embracing the promotion
重新开始,享受从
back from public servant to sovereign citizen."
公务员变回公民的晋升"
Sounds like he and his friends Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
听上去像他和朋友罗森格兰兹和吉尔登斯特恩
are about to take a journey by sea
要乘船出海
to ask the Duke of Verona for his most kind blessing.
去祈求维罗纳公爵最美好的祝福去了
I like you, Keefer.
我喜欢你,基佛
My trust in Maggie
我对于玛姬的信任
has nothing to do with anything but the right things.
和其他事情毫无关系
6:00 A.M., you hadn't heard from the DOD.
早上六点,你没有收到国防部的消息
7:00 A.M., 8:00 A.M., nothing.
7点, 8点,什么都没有
Maybe they hadn't seen the show. They see the Internet.
也许他们没看节目,他们总该上网吧
This was Monday morning, September 10.
那是9月10日,周一早上
Yeah.
是的
You had another story creeping up on you.
你那还有另一个故事
Nobody knew that yet.
大家当时还都不知道
Everybody below the producer
所有制片人以下的人员
level has to take a shift doing the book.
要轮流浏览资料簿
That morning it was Neal's turn.
那天早上轮到尼尔了
What's the book?
什么资料簿
Neal.
尼尔
It seems like it's my turn more often than it should be.
好像轮到我的次数比应有的多啊
Man up. I'm always manned up.
拿出点男子汉气概来,我一直很有男子汉气概
That's my default mode. Then go into ultra man mode.
这是我的默认模式,那就拿出终极男子汉模式
The women here couldn't deal with my ultra man mode.
这里的女士都经受不起我的终极模式
Probably not. Are you gonna take this?
不一定哦,你接不接
It's heavy.
很沉的
Intern. Yes?
实习生,什么事
Come on over.
过来
This is the overnight book.
这是一日资料簿
The night crew puts together
晚间新闻的工作人员
every story and every press release from everywhere.
把各地各媒体报道的各种新闻汇总在一起
Go through this and separate it into four piles
看完它,然后分成四类
knew that, didn't know that, don't care, and Shakira.
知道了,不知道,不关心,夏奇拉
But that one's just for me, all right?
夏奇拉那类只给我,明白了吗
Neal.
尼尔
There's no statement yet. I know.
还是没有声明,我知道
It's the Pentagon.
那可是五角大楼
Is it possible they've
有没有可能
responded in a secret corner of the Internet?
他们在网络神秘角回复了
Secret corner of the Internet?
网络神秘角
Slay a dungeon wizard to get the keys to Mordor or something?
得杀了地牢巫师才能拿到钥匙去魔都之类的
It's not possible. Something that we need that Dumbledore
不可能,或者需要邓布利多帮忙
Listen to yourself. I know, it's getting worse as I go on.
听听你在说啥,越说越离谱了
And it didn't start in a great place. Nothing in the book?
开头就离谱,资料簿里有什么吗
Well, there are gonna be a ton
资料簿里有好多东西
of things in the book, but not from the Pentagon.
但就是没有关于五角大楼的
I thought on the off chance
万一有人
someone got a quote from them.
引用了一句他们说的话也不一定啊
We'd know about it.
那我们会看到的
Obviously I'm grasping at straws, Neal.
这可是我最后的稻草了
There's no call to be patronizing.
没必要这么居高临下的
You're right. Thank you.
你说得对,谢谢
Well, you're not, 'cause Mordor
其实不对,因为魔都...
I'm not the expert.
我又不是这方面的专家
You don't say.
可不是
Do the book and don't just farm it out to an intern.
看资料去,别扔给实习生
I'm delegating.
我这是委托,不是扔
Fast Nationals? Right here.
拿到全国收视率了吗,这呢
Just tell me if the number begins with a three.
就告诉我是不是三打头的
It doesn't. 2.9?
不是, 2.9
2.7
2.7?
5.8 million viewers.
580万观众
Shut the fuck up. That's gonna double
你他妈逗我玩呢,再加上当日和当周
when they add live plus same day and live plus seven.
收视这个数字还会翻番
Jesus Christ! Congratulations.
我的天哪,恭喜你
Congratulations, man!
恭喜你啊伙计
Tracking looked good, but not like this.
收视率一直不错,但没这么好过
That's an "I Love Lucy" Number.
这可和《我爱露西》有一拼了啊
Yes.
是啊
Yes. What?
是啊,怎么了
Don't worry about the call from Stomtonovich.
不要担心斯托姆托洛维奇的电话了
I'm not.
我没有
I am a little bit and I'll tell you why.
我有点担心是因为
He didn't sound like a guy with cold feet.
他不像是那种会临阵脱逃的人
He was certain of what he said
他知道他在说什么
and he said it to me three times the exact same way.
而且三次说的一字不差
There was one camera, no cuts.
这是摄像的啊,没剪辑过
He's not a young guy. It all happened fast.
他不年轻了,一切都发生的迅雷不及掩耳
He's thinking about the size of it for the first time now.
他现在才意识到事情的严重性
Yes. Yeah.
是啊
The size of it.
严重性
A new story creeping up on us?
一条新的新闻悄然而至
The morning of September 10.
9月10日的早上
The day after the broadcast.
节目播出的第二天
It was Neal's turn to do the overnight book,
轮到尼尔浏览一日资料簿了
but he staffed it out to an intern.
但他扔给了实习生去做
Jenna Johnson.
珍妮·约翰逊
Are you talking about Benghazi?
你想说班加西吗
Anything?
有啥好说的
Jerry Brown's challenged Chris Christie to a race.
杰里·布朗向克里斯·克里斯蒂邀战(杰里·布朗:加利福尼亚周州长,克里斯·克里斯蒂:新泽西州长)
Sponsored by HeartBlast,
由Heartblast赞助
a new defibrillator company from the people who brought you
一个新除颤器公司...
Piers Morgan and Rihanna had a Twitter fight about her haircut.
皮尔斯·摩根和蕾哈娜在微博上为发型争吵
I'll give you $100 if you go pitch that to Will.
你敢把这个拿去给威尔看我给你100块
I know you're not gonna think this one's important, but it is.
我知道你认为这不重要,但其实很重要
"Star" Magazine... Nope.
《明星》杂志,不要
...is reporting that a palace
报道称王室
source confirmed that Kate Middleton is pregnant.
确认凯特·米德尔顿怀孕了
That's news I want to hear.
我就想听这样的新闻
You just did. Anything else?
你这不听到了吗,还有吗
Lady Gaga showed a lot of cleavage
Lady Gaga在残奥会
at an afterparty for
闭幕式上
the Paralympic Games. Put that one aside.
秀起了乳沟,把这放一边
Oh, and Terry Jones the Florida pastor? Yeah.
还有特里·琼斯,那个佛罗里达牧师,怎么
He's screening the trailer
他播放了一个叫做
to a movie called "Innocence of Muslims."
《无辜的穆斯林》的电影预告片
We thought I thought.
我们以为,我以为
I thought, everyone thought
我以为,每个人都以为
that when the DOD posted its response, it would be vague.
国防部给出的回应会是模棱两可的
"Pentagon doesn't comment on classified operations,
比如"五角大楼不会就机密行动进行评论
but we have serious problems with this story
但我们对亚特兰蒂斯有线新闻
aired by Atlantis Cable News last night." Something like that.
昨日播出的报道极度不满
You know the reason it was taking them so long to respond?
你知道为什么他们过了那么久才评论吗
No.
不知道
They were bringing a lawyer into the Pentagon press office.
他们把一个律师带进了五角大楼媒体办公室
Pentagon counsel? And another lawyer.
五角大楼顾问,还有另一个
Matlock?
大律师迈拉克吗
The Attorney General. They weren't fucking around.
是司法部长,他们没工夫开玩笑
We knew there'd be pushback.
我们预料到会有回击
But not like that.
但不该是那样的
"We are considering any and all legal remedies "
我们已考虑动用包括反间谍法
available to us including under the Espionage Act.
"在内的一切法律制裁手段"
In the interim, we will begin declassifying documents
在这期间,我们将开始公开机密文件
to prove the falsity of ACN's claims."
以证明ACN声明之错误
If I'm a lawyer in that room,
如果我是那屋里的律师
I don't write that response unless I'm sure.
除非十分肯定,我不会这么措辞声明的
We were sure.
我们当时很肯定
Still? It's noon, Monday.
那已经是周一中午了
Charlie got everyone together in the conference room.
查理让所有人集合到会议室
He polled everyone to see
让每人投票表示
if they were still standing by the story.
他们是否还相信这个故事的真实性
People were resolved.
大家都很坚定
Jim had already said his piece.
吉姆已经说了他的想法
His job was to support Mac now, and that's what he was doing.
他现在的工作就是支持麦肯,他也是这么做的
At the expense of good advice?
从而牺牲正确的建议
He'd given his advice.
他已经提过了建议
And Charlie, Mac, and Will had given their instructions.
查理,麦肯和威尔也给出了指示
Of course they pushed back. What do we expect them to
他们当然会表示不满了,你难道想让他们说
"Well, you caught us. Bravo to you, sirs. "
被你发现啦,厉害啊哥们
We'll walk ourselves over to Leavenworth now."
"我们自行转移到莱文沃思监狱吧"
You know at some point at Little Big Horn,
在小巨角战役里
I'll bet Custer led a unanimous vote
我猜卡斯特也一定发起过全体投票
where everyone said, "I still think we can win."
每个人都说"我们仍然认为我们能赢"
Then came Elliot's show that night.
接下来就是埃利奥特的晚间节目了
You know, Elliot was really the only guy on the team
埃利奥特是团队里唯一一个
who hadn't gotten dirty with Genoa yet.
没被牵扯到热那亚里面的人了
So we dropped dirt on him.
所以我们也把他拉进来了
Go.
开播
The second MARSOC team dropped sarin?
陆战队特战司令部第二组使用了沙林
Yes. You're sure?
是的,你确定
Yes. That's why you wore the MOPP suits?
是的,这就是为什么你穿着防护服
That's why we wore the MOPP suits
这就是为什么我们穿防护服
and that's why civilians died.
而平民百姓死掉了
That was another clip from last night's "ACN Reports,"
这是昨晚《ACN报道》中的一段采访
the startling and provocative story
一条令人震惊的
of the extraction of two captured Marines.
营救两名被俘海军陆战队员的新闻
Joining us by satellite from Trenton, New Jersey,
现在我们与新泽西特伦顿市的
is former Marine Gunnery Sergeant Eric Sweeney,
前陆战队火炮射击军士埃里克·斯维尼连线
a member of the MARSOC team that executed the extraction,
他是执行潜出任务的陆战队特战司令部成员
which was codenamed Genoa,
也叫热那亚行动
and I should say the first member of the team
他也是行动中第一个站出来
to step forward and tell his story.
揭露此事的陆战队成员
Welcome, Mr. Sweeney. Thank you.
斯维尼先生,欢迎你,谢谢
Let's start there.
我们先来谈谈
What made you come forward and speak to the press?
为什么你想要站出来向媒体揭露此事
I wish I could say it was honorable.
我多希望这是件光荣的事
It was a guilty conscience.
但只是出于愧疚
Guilty that...? I knew what we'd done.
愧疚... 我们做了这样的事
"Any and all legal remedies."
"一切法律制裁手段"
Is that something they usually say?
是常用的措辞吗
They said it when the SEAL released his Bin Laden book.
当海豹突击队击毙本拉登的时候说过
They haven't charged him. The Espionage Act?
他们倒是没起诉他,反间谍法呢
Do you know how many journalists
你知道有多少记者
have ever been tried under the Espionage Act?
被反间谍法指控吗
None. Good.
从没有过,挺好
'Cause you wouldn't make it in jail, Don.
唐,你是在监狱里活不下去
I'd survive, but you wouldn't.
我可以,但你不行
In fact, I'd thrive.
我肯定能活得很好
How do you figure?
你怎么这么肯定
"Shawshank."
《肖申克的救赎》告诉我的
I'd do everybody's taxes and invest the warden's money.
我会给每个人做账,帮典狱长投资
What are you gonna do? Produce their nightly news show?
你能干嘛,播他们的晚间新闻吗
Is this our sound or his? His. We're good.
这是我们的声音还是他的,他的,没事
We want to be a force multiplier
我们想要武力翻倍
where one of us can do the work of several infantrymen.
一人可顶敌军若干名步兵
"The charge that US Special
美国特殊行动使用沙林气
Operations used sarin gas is absolutely false."
的指控是完全错误的
I don't know. Absolutely?
还说完全啊
Why not just say false?
就说错误的不就完了
"Absolutely" Sounds like the kind of word you use
"完全"听起来好像...
This isn't like the time Chip left you a message in eighth grade
这可不是初二奇普写给你的小纸条
and you and your friends did a
让你和你的好朋友
lab analysis to figure out if it meant he liked you.
分析他是不是喜欢你
Chet was his name
他叫切特
and sometimes boys are vague with their messages.
而且有时候男生就是说的很含糊
Was that the first time that you had to perform
那是你第一次在行动中
a medical procedure in action?
走医疗程序吗
Move him back to Genoa when you can.
可以的话把他引回热那亚
We have advanced combat medicine as part of our training.
我们训练中包含了高级战备医学
The first time I had to use it,
我第一次用
we were on a mission to pay some tribal leaders...
是在一次任务上去拜访部落首领...
I don't know what he's talking about anymore.
他现在说什么呢
We hit two IEDs and my Humvee blew apart
我们引爆了两个简易爆炸装置,我的悍马炸飞了
and three of us sustained TBIs traumatic brain injuries.
我们三个受到创伤性脑损伤
And I was dragging a friend of mine...
当时我拖着我的一个朋友
Did he say "Us"?
他说"我们"吗
He said "The three of us." Traumatic brain injury. He said that.
他说了"我们三个" 创伤性脑损伤,他说了
TBI? I heard it.
创伤性脑损伤,我听到了
Sergeant, did you say
中士,你是说
that you sustained a traumatic brain injury?
你受了创伤性脑损伤吗
Well, it wasn't serious. Get out.
不是很严重的,别再问了
Did you disclose that information to the Get out!
你把这个信息告诉了...别问了
Okay, we've got to go to break,
我们将休息一下
but we're coming back with Eric Sweeney,
一会儿将继续与埃里克·斯维尼
a MARSOC on Operation Genoa.
热那亚行动士兵的访谈
This is "Right Now."
这里是《热点追击》
I saw it.
我看到了
There's a problem with the story.
报道出了问题
I know.
我知道
Shh.
安静
All right.
好吧
Thank you for coming in the middle of the night.
多谢大家午夜时分的到来
I'm sorry I'm late. There was a deer on the Merritt Parkway.
很抱歉我迟到了,梅里特公路上有头鹿
The deer ran across and the car two in front of me hit it.
它跑过马路,被我前面的车撞了
Was everyone all right? Yeah.
人都没事吧,是的
Mac.
麦肯
Why didn't we know about the TBI?
我们怎么不知道这创伤性脑损伤
Everybody listen, okay? Believe me, I cornered him
大家听着,相信我,我调查了他...
We knew he had two Purple Hearts.
我们知道他有两颗紫星勋章
I got him on the phone in Trenton as soon
一出事我就打给在特伦顿的他了
Just back up. We'll do this step by step.
后退一步,我们一步一步来
He had two Purple Hearts.
他有两颗紫星勋章
The medical information is sealed and classified.
药物记录被封存了,是机密
He told us one is for a shrapnel wound in his left shoulder
他告诉我们一颗是因为左肩里的榴霰弹片
sustained during an ambush during his first tour in '08.
那是2008年第一次去中东遇埋伏造成的
The second is The second, he told us,
第二颗是...他告诉我们,第二颗
was for a stab wound in his leg he got while trying
是因为腿上刺了一刀,当时他试图
to subdue an angry teenage militant in Kapisa Province.
镇压卡比萨省一名愤怒的少年武装分子
That's the one he was lying about.
这一颗他在撒谎
The second Purple Heart was for the TBI.
第二颗紫星勋章是因为创伤性脑损伤
He showed us the knife wound. I asked him about that, too.
他给我们看了刀伤,我也问了这件事
He got it in his kitchen trying to open a CD.
他在自家厨房打开CD的时候受的伤
He didn't he didn't tell us about the TBI
他没有...他没有告诉我们创伤性脑损伤
because he didn't think we'd believe his story.
因为他觉得这样我们就不会相信他了
Isn't that another way of saying
这也不就是说
he wanted to tell the Genoa story so badly he lied?
他特别想告诉我们热那亚才撒谎吗
Well, so why would he lie about a story that wasn't true?
如果此事是假的为什么还要撒谎
What's the biggest effect of a TBI?
创伤性脑损伤的最严重后果是什么
I get that it's memory loss. It's memory loss.
我了解的是记忆丢失,是记忆丢失
And it's dizziness and speech deficits.
以及头晕和语言能力下降
We didn't see any of those
为什么和他待了一百多个小时
in the hundred hours we spent with him.
我们都没看出来呢
I don't understand. So at least he doesn't have
我不明白,所以他没有显示
all the symptoms of a traumatic brain injury?
脑部受伤的所有症状,不是吗
GI Jim, what percentage of soldiers
吉姆,多少被送去沃尔特里德医院的士兵
taken to Walter Reed have a TBI?
有创伤性脑损伤
A lot. It's 30%.
很多,是30%
So we're not gonna listen to a third of wounded vets?
那三分之一受伤士兵的话,我们都不要听了吗
We made this one a key witness in an accusation of murder.
但我们把他当成了谋杀指控的主要证人
He lied about an injury
他对一次受伤撒了谎
and the injury's number one symptom is memory loss.
而这个伤的首要表现就是记忆丢失
Bring him up from Trenton.
把他从特伦顿带来
I'll do a preinterview myself and if I'm satisfied,
我会自己做一个预先采访,若满意
I can put him through a
我可以在节目中
direct examination on the air and clean this up.
进行直接采访澄清此事
Yeah, and can I just remind
我提个醒
everybody Sweeney's not our only witness.
斯维尼不是我们唯一的证人
We've got Stomtonovich and Valenzuela.
我们还有斯托姆托洛维奇和巴伦苏埃拉
Two more witnesses,
还有两个证人
only 50% of whom are recanting what they said.
只有一半的人要撤回之前说的话
Stomtonovich can recant all he wants.
斯托姆托洛维奇可以撤回任何话
We have the unedited tape and Jerry and Maggie were there.
我们有未编辑的带子,杰利和玛姬当时也在
For the record, I wasn't.
声明一下, 我当时不在
Wasn't what?
什么不在
I was sent out of the room before the interview started.
采访开始前我就不在屋子里了
Good. Let's get it all out now. Why?
好,有话都说出来,为什么
You and Charlie told him it was going to be Jerry.
你和查理告诉他是杰利做采访
You didn't tell him an AP was coming along.
你没说一位助理制片人也一起去了
He had had me investigated, but not Maggie,
他调查了我,但没调查玛姬
so he didn't feel comfortable
所以他觉得不舒服...
You were the only one in the room with him? Yeah, I was.
只有你和他一起在屋里吗,对
And I see what's happening here. Nothing's happening.
我知道发生了什么事,什么都没发生
Can I bring something else up?
我能提点别的事吗
We aired the story 27 hours ago, so, yeah, now's the time.
我们27小时前播的报道,现在是时候了
We aborted the interview with Sweeney tonight.
我们撤销了今晚和斯维尼的访谈
I did. Uh, I did.
我撤销了,不对,是我
Should you have? I don't know.
你本该撤销吗,我不知道
I was suddenly in a position where I was asking questions
我突然发现我问关于我们报道的问题
I didn't know the answers to about our own story.
却不知答案会是如何
If it hadn't been our own story, wouldn't you have kept going?
如果不是我们自己的报道,你会继续问下去吗
"Did you disclose that to the Genoa producers?
比如"你告知热那亚制作人了吗
No? You lied? How has a
没有吗,你在撒谎吗
TBI for which you received a Purple Heart"
那个为你挣来一枚紫星勋章的创伤性脑损伤...
Yes, he would have kept going. I shut him down.
是,本来他会问下去的,我让他停下来了
It was live. That doesn't make us look great.
当时是现场直播,这让我们很不好看
Looking great wasn't one of their options right then.
当时的情况由不得什么好看
Everybody knock it off!
你们都消停下
Sister Mary Mother of God.
我的个老天爷
We have a problem. That's all it is.
我们遇到了问题,就是这样
We're not gonna have a fucking scrum.
别在来个窝里斗
What do we have? What?
我们现在知道些什么,知道些什么
A retired Marine general
一名退休的海军陆战队中将
started getting calls from his buddies.
最近接到同事打来的电话
"What the hell is going on?"
"妈的出了什么事"
His voice was altered. His face was blacked.
他变声了,遮住了脸
There are six people who have the information he has
有六个人知道他所知道的信息
and generals don't have dumb friends.
而中将的朋友都不蠢
What else?
还有呢
A witness who once had a concussion.
有名证人头部受过冲击
While saving other people's lives. Thank you.
那是为了救别人的命,谢谢
That's not Jim, while being courageous.
那不是,吉姆,他那是勇气可嘉
And he was courageous again stepping forward.
而且他此次站出来也是勇气可嘉
Kids used to lie about their age
小孩曾经对自己的年龄撒谎
to get in the Army and fight in a war.
好加入部队,上战场打仗
That's what Sweeney did here.
斯维尼在这里就是这么做的
How much of what you're saying do you believe right now?
你现在说的这些,你相信多少
60%
60%.
I thought it was in the mid80s.
我还以为是85%上下
You pulled it off. Experience.
你搞定了,那是经验
You need to talk to Deep Throat.
你得和深喉聊聊
I'm on the first shuttle to Washington.
我坐第一班车去华盛顿
Have you talked to him on the phone? We don't talk on phones.
你跟他通过电话了吗,我们不用电话
How about your guy? We talk on phones.
那你的线人呢,我们通过电话
He's asking have you talked to your guy?
他在问,你和你的线人聊过吗
An hour ago. And?
一小时以前,然后呢
He says stand by the story.
他说他支持我们的报道
We go back over every inch starting right now.
我们现在重新检查每一份证据
By 8:00 tonight,
到今晚八点前
I want Will to be able to say we stand by it.
我希望威尔可以说我们支持之前的报道
And when he says it, we stand by it.
而且我想让他说的有理有据
Break 'em into teams.
分组吧
Had you realized yet at the time of that meeting
那场会议的时候,你有没有意识到
that Sweeney and Stomtonovich weren't your only problem?
斯维尼和斯托姆托洛维奇,不是你们唯一的问题
Who says they weren't our only problem?
谁说他们不是唯一的问题了
Right. That was an example of a leading question.
好吧,那是典型的诱导性提问
A leading question suggests its own answer.
诱导性提问会暗示其答案
When did you stop beating your wife, right?
你什么时候停止殴打你妻子的,对吧
We never established I beat my wife.
我们从没建立我殴打我妻子这一前提
We never established you're married.
也从没建立你结婚了的前提
I'm not. Yeah.
我没有,我知道
I'm not following you, Rebecca.
我没懂,丽贝卡
MacKenzie had realized at the time of the meeting
麦肯兹在开会的时候意识到了
that Sweeney and Stomtonovich There's no way.
斯维尼和斯托姆托洛维奇...不可能
There's no way. Jim, listen to me.
不可能,吉姆,听我说
There's no way Mac's to blame for this.
绝对不可能麦肯要为这事负责
Valenzuela was your third witness.
巴伦苏埃拉是你们的第三个证人
I have seen lawyers do some things in my life. Jesus.
我也不是没和律师打过交道,老天
Just listen.
听着就是
First red team, you have Sweeney, you don't go to air.
第一次红队,你找到了斯维尼,没有上新闻
Red team two, you have
第二次红队,你找到了
Sweeney and Stomtonovich, you don't go to air.
斯维尼和斯托姆托洛维奇,没有上新闻
Red team three, you have Valenzuela now
第三次红队,你现在找到巴伦苏埃拉了
and Charlie greenlights it.
然后查理同意了
Valenzuela was an important witness.
巴伦苏埃拉是一名重要的证人
Yeah.
是的
And?
然后呢
What if I led him?
如果我诱导他了呢
Valenzuela? In his preinterview.
巴伦苏埃拉吗,在他的预先访谈里
I've read the preinterview transcript 100 times.
预先访谈的稿子我读了不下100遍
I read it 1,000 times, but I've just read it again
我读了不下1000遍,刚刚又读了一次
and I have to wonder if I inadvertently led on that witness.
我在想,是不是不经意间诱导了证人
You didn't. I can make the case that I did.
你没有, 也可以承认我这么做了
Look at what's good on the story.
看看报道好的一面吧
Stomtonovich, he didn't like the report.
斯托姆托洛维奇不喜欢这份报道
Sorry, but we've got him on film.
抱歉,但我们把他录下来了
Sweeney, he wants to be heard
斯维尼他想让人听他说
and he thinks he'll be discounted 'cause of the TBI, so he lies.
但认为自己会因脑损伤不受重视,所以撒谎
And by the way, if I had a traumatic brain injury
顺便说一句,如果我有创伤性脑损伤
and knew that information couldn't be discovered
并且知道,如果我不主动说
unless I volunteered it, I wouldn't volunteer it.
就没人知道,我是不会主动说的
I have a source. Is it POTUS? No. It's better.
我有线人,是总统吗,不,比总统好
What would it take for you to tell me the source?
得付出什么代价才能让你告诉我线人是谁
Someone would have to be torturing you.
有人得对你严刑拷打了
That's sweet, but
谢谢,但...
Charlie has a source. You trust Charlie?
查理有线索,你信任查理吗
Of course. And we have Valenzuela.
当然,我们还找到了巴伦苏埃拉
There is much more about this story that's good
关于这个报道好的方面还有很多
And I'm saying what if I led Valenzuela?
如果我说我诱导了巴伦苏埃拉呢
I objected to that in courtrooms for years.
我多年来都在庭审中反对这点
I know what a leading question sounds like.
我知道诱导性问题是什么样
Then you know I asked them.
那你知道我问了他们
You have to ask them in these situations.
你不得不在这样的情形下问他们
The guy he was reluctant.
那个人...他很不情愿
He didn't want to talk.
他不想说
Read the first line on page three.
读一读第三页第一行
We have a threestar general
我们认识一名三星中将
who's an expert in chemical weapons."
他在化学武器上是行家
We have a threestar general who's an expert in chemical weapons.
我们认识一名三星中将,他在化学武器上是行家
Do you think he's lying?
你觉得他在撒谎吗
There was a video camera on a tripod to record the pre
三脚架上架着台摄像机录着预先...
what if he thought the camera
要是他以为摄像机...
what if he thought the interview might get
要是他以为采访会...
you know, and he doesn't want to call a general a liar?
而他不想公开管中将叫骗子呢
That's nuts. It's not.
一派胡言,不是的
He came to us. He didn't want Sweeney to stand alone.
他来找的我们,他不想让斯维尼孤军作战
And if Sweeney's wrong,
如果斯维尼错了
then I gave the wrong information to Valenzuela.
那我给巴伦苏埃拉的信息就是错的
Valenzuela's whole interview
巴伦苏埃拉的整场采访
was goosed by the information that came before it.
都受之前的信息所影响
Sweeney says everyone was wearing MOPP suits.
斯维尼说每个人都穿着防护服
He told you that?
他是这么告诉你的吗
What if Sweeney's got problems
如果斯维尼有些问题
and what if Valenzuela's his only friend?
而巴伦苏埃拉是他唯一的朋友呢
Look at line 303.
看看303行
I don't want Sweeney to stand alone.
我不想让斯维尼孤军作战
He doesn't raise one original fact in this interview.
这次采访中,他没有提出一个新事实
Read it again.
再读一遍
By the end, it's a recitation of everything
到最后变成了复述所有
he's heard from Sweeney and from me.
他从斯维尼和我这里听来的东西
You need to sleep.
你需要睡下
A garage?
车库吗
Seriously? They still work.
真的假的,还有用的
This place can't afford security monitors.
这地方装不起监控
What brings you to Washington, DC?
什么风把你吹来了华盛顿
We're having trouble with the story. No shit.
我们的报道出问题了,别扯淡了
Tell me one more time we got it right.
再跟我说一次,我们做得没错
You want to see some pictures of David?
你想看看大卫的照片吗
I'm sorry? Do you want to see some pictures of David?
你说什么,你想看看大卫的照片吗
Who's David? David's my son, Charlie.
谁是大卫,我儿子,查理
Is there a problem with the story?
报道有什么问题吗
There he is. We're moving him into his dorm at BU.
这也是他,我们送他到波士顿大学宿舍
And here he's home for Thanksgiving.
他回家过感恩节
Shep. Hang on.
谢普,等等
That's on the Cape. We rent a house in August.
这张是在海角,我们八月份在那租了间房子
Here's a picture he sent me his first day interning at ACN.
这张是他发给我第一天在ACN实习的照片
And there he is, first day home
这张是他从图森山康复所
from rehab at Sierra Tucson.
回家的第一天
And this one's from his funeral last year.
这是他去年的葬礼
Jesus, Shep.
天哪,谢普
I know, I took a picture at a funeral.
我知道,我拍了张葬礼的照片
That's crazy, but it's just for you.
很疯狂,但就是为了给你看
They call it heron now.
他们现在叫海洛鹰
Like the bird, just a little heron.
像鸟名一样,就一点海洛鹰
I didn't have any idea.
我不知道
You hired him as a summer intern on his 90th day.
你在第90天雇他做暑期实习生
Three months is a landmark in that world.
三个月是一个里程碑
Three everything three days,
所有涉及三的,三天
three weeks, three months, three years.
三周,三个月,三年
Who the fuck knows why?
谁他妈的知道为什么
Are you sure you don't want to sit? We're in a garage!
你想坐下来谈谈吗,我们在车库里
We can go somewhere.
可以去别的地方
One of your people, Charlie, one of your people
你的人,查理,你的一名员工
one of your people fired him and you didn't stop it.
你的一名员工开除了他,而你没有制止
I wish, man I wish you'd talked. There's an explanation.
我希望你那时和我谈谈,我可以解释的
You didn't stop it.
你没有制止
He was a good kid. He was a smart kid and a worker.
他是个好孩子,他聪明努力的员工
He was a 19yearold junkie, but he was clean 90 days.
他是个19岁的吸毒者,但已经戒了90天了
Our social media guy runs the interns. Neal Sampat.
社会媒体部的人负责实习生,尼尔·桑帕特
David... Whose name you didn't know.
戴维,你连他名字都不知道
...was posting is this something you really want to hear?
发了,你真想听吗
Yes. From you, badly.
想,非常想听你说
I never knew anything He posted something on the Internet?
我永远不知道,他在网上发了什么帖子吗
Look. Yeah?
是这样,什么
A couple of years ago, "News Night" Got a new EP and the show
几年前《晚间新闻》招了名新执行制片人
boy, is your wife
天,你妻子...
Linda is my exwife.
琳达是我前妻
The show took a turn and what?
节目有了变动,然后呢
David posted things about it on the Internet he didn't like.
戴维在网上发了些他不喜欢的东西
Things about
牵涉到
he was politically engaged.
牵涉到政治
Neal Neal Sampat.
尼尔,尼尔·桑帕特
Neal warned him he can't do that
尼尔警告他不能这么做
and he kept on doing it.
但是他置若罔闻
I'm sorry. You didn't step in.
抱歉,你没有介入
He deserved to be fired.
他理应被辞退
How many stories have I given you?
我给了你多少新闻
There was a moment a while back
曾经有那么一瞬间
I thought about having you killed.
我想过杀了你
Then I thought, "What does Charlie Skinner fear more than death?"
然后我想,跟死相比,查理·斯金纳更怕什么
Sit back, wait for your moment.
别急,静待时机
Then Jerry Dantana starts calling MARSOCs about Genoa.
正好杰利·丹塔纳开始调查海军陆战队的热那亚行动
The helo manifest you gave me.
你给我的直升机名单
Hold it over light for 20 seconds.
迎着光看20秒
So that happened.
事情就是这样
Are you kidding me? No.
你在开玩笑吧,不
Are you kidding me with this story?
这故事是你编的吧
No, this is all
不,所有这一切
all terribly true.
都是真的
There are protests erupting in Cairo.
开罗爆发抗议行动
March 2, 1955.
1955年3月2日
A young black woman is arrested
阿拉巴马州一名年轻的黑人女性因拒绝
for refusing to give up
在公交车上让座给一名白人男性
her seat on a bus to a white man in Alabama.
而被捕
Civil rights leaders and the ACLU rush to her side
民权领袖和公民自由协会迅速地站到她那边
and she will be a symbol of the struggle against segregation.
她将成为抵抗种族隔离的象征
Her name is Claudette Colvin and she's 15 years old.
她叫克劳德力·科尔文,时年15岁
She's also unmarried and pregnant.
她未婚先孕
Civil rights leaders and the ACLU decide that Colvin
民权领袖和公民自由协会认为科尔文
is not the best foot forward and stand down.
不是一个正面形象,遂作罢
Eight months later, Rosa Parks happens,
八个月后,罗莎·帕克斯案应运而生
but during that eight months,
在这八个月之内
a brilliant and charismatic young minister
一名聪明有魅力的年轻部长
gets the attention of the community
吸引了大家的注意
and is chosen to lead the bus boycotts.
被选为公交抗议种族隔离的领袖
If Claudette Colvin doesn't get pregnant,
如果克劳德力·科尔文没怀孕
if they'd gone in the spring instead of eight months later,
如果他们在春天就行动而不是在八个月之后
Martin Luther King is a
马丁·路德·金只会是蒙哥马利
preacher you've never heard of in Montgomery.
一个默默无闻的牧师
I've got a few hundred people outside the embassy
我这边的消息是大使馆外有几百人
and so far it's peaceful. That's what I've got.
目前是和平抗议,我得到的消息也是
Which embassy? Ours.
哪国大使馆,我国
What are they protesting?
他们在抗议什么
Is anybody getting through to Cairo?
有人打通开罗了吗
I've got the front desk at the Sheppard Hotel.
我打通了谢帕德酒店的前台
It's a couple blocks away.
在几个街区之外
He's saying that people have
他说人群大概从一个小时前
been streaming toward the embassy for about an hour.
涌入大使馆
Is he saying how many? He thinks a couple of thousand.
他有没有说多少人,大概几千
Thousand? A poli sci professor at AU in Cairo
几千,美国大学开罗分校的一名政治学教授说
says that a Salafist leader named Wesam AbdelWareth
一个名叫维萨姆·阿卜杜勒·沃伦斯的萨拉菲斯特领袖
He's like the Glenn Beck of Egypt
相当于埃及的格伦·贝克(美国电台主持人)
and he's the president of a television station.
他是一家电视台的主席
He put out a call to protest a movie called "Muhammad's Tribe."
他呼吁抵制电影《穆罕默德的部落》
Why are they at the American embassy?
他们为什么在美国大使馆
Apparently it's an American movie, but we can't find it.
显然这是一部美国电影,但我们找不到
Wait a second.
等等
What's the name of the pastor with the mustache who's crazy?
那个疯狂的留胡须的牧师叫什么
Terry Jones. Yes.
特里·琼斯,对了
He announced yesterday that he was screening a movie.
他昨天称他要播放一部电影
I can't remember the name. "Innocence of Muslims."
我不记得名字了,《穆斯林无罪》
Is it possible it's the same movie?
这两个有可能是一个吗
Who is Giuseppe Zangara?
朱塞佩·桑格诺是谁
I don't really know. He's a guy with a gun
我不知道,他在1933年2月15日
who fired five shots in February 15, 1933,
连开五枪
killing the Mayor of Chicago.
枪杀了芝加哥市长
Why? Because Zangara was standing on a wobbly chair.
为什么,因为桑格诺站的椅子不稳定
And the Mayor of Chicago wasn't his target.
他的目标不是芝加哥市长
It was the guy the mayor was shaking hands with,
而是与市长握手的
the newly elected President Franklin Roosevelt.
新当选总统富兰克林·罗斯福
If Zangara's chair isn't wobbly,
如果桑格诺的椅子稳定
Roosevelt never takes office
入主白宫的就不是罗斯福了
and we swear in his running mate, John Nance Garner,
而是他的竞选对手,约翰·南斯·加纳
a man whose political ideology was the basis
加纳的政治理念基础
for his opposition to a package of legislation
是反对一系列立法
that would be called The New Deal
我们称之为罗斯福新政
and we don't survive the Great Depression.
这样我们就不会挺过经济大萧条
It's the same movie. "Innocence of Muslims."
是同一个电影,《穆斯林无罪》
He changed the title to get Muslims in to see it.
他改了名字让穆斯林看到
There's a mashup of it on YouTube.
YouTube有一段组合
Does it seem offensive? To filmmakers at the very least.
看上去有攻击性吗,至少对于电影制片人来说
Okay, AP has just reported,
助理制片人刚报告
"Egyptian Islamist protestors angry over film "
埃及伊斯兰教抗议者对视频内容非常气愤
scale US Embassy wall in Cairo and tear down flag."
他们包围开罗的美国大使馆,撕毁国旗"
The American flag. I understand that now.
美国国旗,我现在明白了
Jim, this thing's starting to move. They breached the wall.
吉姆,事件开始发酵,他们攻破了围墙
They've got a link to their
他们在他们自己的网站上
website with a message. I'm on their website.
发布信息,我在看他们的网站
"The Embassy of the United states in Cairo "
美国在开罗的大使馆
condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals
谴责受误导的个别人群
to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims."
不断伤害穆斯林人民宗教信仰的行为"
They're apologizing for the movie?
他们为视频道歉了吗
2,000 people just hopped the wall, man.
2000人越过墙头,老兄
I'd apologize for whatever they want.
要是我,会为任何事道歉
I wouldn't. Congratulations.
我不会,好吧
MargaretJordan@ACN.com
MargaretJordan@ACN.com.
We'll have video of the flag in about five minutes.
五分钟内传回国旗的视频
They took down our flag and replaced it
他们扯下我们的国旗,用一块黑色旗帜代替
with a black flag and in Arabic writing it says
上面用阿拉伯语写着
"There is no God but God and Muhammad is the prophet of God."
"世界上没有上帝,仅有上帝的信使穆罕默德"
I hope our apology was sincere enough.
我希望我们的道歉足够真诚
You want a job as the guy who
你想要现在在大使馆前门
answers the front door of the embassy right now?
应门的工作吗
We're gonna need more bodies on phones.
需要多点人手来接电话
Who are we talking to? Does London know anything?
我们在和谁对话,伦敦方面有消息吗
London? When was the last time you slept?
伦敦,你上次睡觉是什么时候
I've been busy standing by Genoa. What about you?
我正忙着支持热那亚报道,你呢
I have no problem standing by it.
我对支持完全没意见
You were well trained.
训练有素
Guys, another demonstration's broken out.
各位,又爆发一起示威游行
In Cairo? In Libya.
开罗,利比亚
Outside our consulate in Benghazi.
班加西我们的领事馆外
Your kitchen faucet has washers.
你厨房的龙头上有垫圈
They keep water from leaking through the joints in the fixtures.
防止水流过水龙头的连接点
And that's what Orings do.
这就是O型密封圈
They're giant washers that keep pressurized hydrogen
它们还能防止加压氢气
from leaking out of the SRB, the solid rocket booster,
从火箭助推器中外泄
that shoots the space shuttle out of the Earth's atmosphere.
火箭助推器将航天飞机发射出地球大气层
These Orings have been tested and tested
这些O型密封圈在各种环境下被反复测试
under every possible circumstance but one cold.
除了,低温
They didn't test to see if the Orings worked when it was cold.
他们没测试O型密封圈在低温下是否还有用
Why would they even think to test for that?
他们难道没想过要测试吗
The thing's launching from south Florida.
发射发生在佛罗里达南部
When's it gonna be cold?
什么时候会冷呢
On January 28, 1986,
1986年1月28日
a cold snap dragged the overnight temperature down to 18 degrees
寒流让夜间温度低至18度
and it turns out the Orings stopped working below 40.
而O型密封圈在40度以下停止工作
So 73 seconds after the Challenger lifts off,
"挑战者号"发射后的73秒
it converts itself into a bomb
它自身变成了一个炸弹
and detonates.
并最终爆炸
An American's dead. Don't know who.
一名美国人丧生,不知道是谁
Staff member. Consulate staff.
职员,领事馆职员
All this statement says is Statement from who?
这份声明说,谁发表声明
Libya's Supreme Security Committee.
利比亚最高安全委员会
"One American staff member "
一名美国职员丧生
has died and a number have been injured."
多人受伤"
What's his name? We don't know.
叫什么,不知道
I want to stop hearing that answer soon.
我不想待会还听到这个答案
We have 90 minutes to air.
还有90分钟直播
Mac, did you want to look at this? Not this second.
麦肯,你想看下这个吗,现在没空
They're not releasing names. Names?
他们没有公布名单,名单
They have more than one?
不止一个人
I don't know if that was the implication.
我不知道是否有暗示
Mac. It's just an LED readout, right?
麦肯,这是LED计时器吗
Yeah. We put it on brackets on the prompter
是的,放在提词器上方的支架上
and I've got it on remote from the control room.
我从控制室拿来的
A segment is three minutes and 50 seconds
一段是3分50秒
and you don't have to be in his ear at the end of a segment.
这样你就不用在每段结束的时候提示他了
He'll appreciate that. Just leave it here.
他会喜欢的,放这吧
I'll show it to him and find out
我会拿给他看,看看他
what neurotic superstition he has for not using it.
他到底发什么神经不用这个
Copy.
收到
Muhammad.
穆罕默德
Muhammad the bastard, your lady summons you.
私生子穆罕默德,你的女神在召唤你
My lady? My lady?
我的女神,我的女神
Don't finish it.
别弄完
I'm watching you.
我看着你呢
What would a military response be?
军方会怎么回应
First Marine FAST Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team.
第一海军陆战队FAST ,舰队反恐安全组
They've got right, they've got platoons.
大概有,没错,大概有好几个排
In Spain. Rota, Spain.
在西班牙,西班牙罗塔
That's still 12 hours, right?
还是12小时,对吗
Jim would know. Where is he?
吉姆会知道的,他在哪儿
He and Don are huddled up working on something.
他和唐在一起研究其他事
So sometimes it's just the one thing.
有时候就是一步之差
He lucked out. He wouldn't have been able to do it
是他运气好,如果当时对画面多加注意
if there had been action in the frame.
他就不会得手了
Were any exceptional measures used in the operation?
本次行动中有没有使用非常规手段
Exceptional measures were called for.
情况所迫需要使用非常规手段
Like what?
比如什么
We used sarin.
我们用了沙林
It is right. It is moral and necessary to use any.
没错,都是合理而且必要的
We used sarin.
我们用了沙林
It is right. It is moral
没错,都是合理
Exceptional measures were called for.
情况所迫需要使用非常规手段
Like what?
比如什么
We used sarin.
我们用了沙林
It is right.
没错
It is moral and necessary to use any means
在他们当时所处的境况下
in that situation and the situation they were in.
采取任何手段及办法解救俘虏都是合理而且必要的
You forgot about the shot clock.
你忘了计时器
Mac.
麦肯
Hey, easy does it.
小心点
The shot clock jumped
计时器从19跳到3
from 19 to three to two to 14.
到2又跳到14
He said it, Mac. How do you not understand what you've done?
他说了,麦肯,你怎么还不明白你干了什么
He said it before we were rolling. We have to retract it.
他在我们录之前就说了,我们得取消报道
He said it to me. Do you understand this?
他对我说的,你明白吗
Did Genoa happen? It happened. That we invented evidence
确有热那亚一事吗,有,我们捏造证据
to support a story of a war crime. It happened.
以证明战争罪确有其事,是真的
Maggie was there. She heard him say it. She's just fucked up.
玛姬当时在场,也听到了,她只是糊涂了
A war crime. Yeah, it's a war crime and it happened.
战争罪,没错,是真实发生的战争罪
No one no one We
没有人,没人,我们
went into Iraq because he had these things.
带着这些东西进入伊拉克
We don't torture, we don't use chemical weapons. No one...
我们不折磨人,也不使用化学武器,没人
I wouldn't have done this on any other story
如果是别的报道,我不会那样做
and I wouldn't have done it unless I was sure.
如果我不确定,也不会那样做
...is ever going to believe us again.
会再相信我们了
I think I shouldn't say
我想在见到律师前
anything more until I've talked to a lawyer.
我不该再多说什么了
You're fired. I know.
你被解雇了,我知道
We don't think the protests
我们不认为班加西的抗议
in Benghazi has anything to do with the movie.
与这部电影有任何关系
We don't think it's a protest. What do you think it is?
我们不认为这是抗议,那你们认为是什么
A planned, coordinated attack. A terrorist attack.
是一场事先预谋的袭击事件,恐怖袭击
He's got a source at State. We've used him.
他在政府有线人,我们联系利用了他
He saw an email at the operation center
他在行动中心看到一封
to White House, Pentagon, and FBI saying
发往白宫,五角大楼和联调局的电邮
Ansar alSharia is claiming credit for the attack in Benghazi.
说安萨尔·阿尔沙里亚宣称对班加西的袭击负责
Will, the movie might just be a coincidence.
威尔,电影可能只是一个巧合
It's not a movie. "Avatar" Is a movie.
那不是电影,《阿凡达》才算是电影
How bad is this thing?
情况有多糟糕
Oh, it's bad. It's really not at all good.
很糟糕,非常不妙
You have been nothing but bad news
你从西北大学举手的那一刻起
since you raised your hand at Northwestern.
就从没带来过好消息
Don and Jim have a source at State that says he saw an email.
唐和吉姆的外交部线人说他看到一封电邮
Ansar alSharia is saying they did Benghazi.
安萨尔·阿尔沙里亚说班加西的事情是他们干的
May have nothing to do with Cairo
可能跟开罗没关系
and it's a 9/11 anniversary attack.
而是针对"911"周年纪念的袭击
What?
怎么了
Mac?
麦肯
We have to retract Genoa tonight.
我们得取消今晚的热那亚报道
All of it.
全部都取消
A half an hour later, we retracted the story.
半小时之后,我们取消了报道
That was our top story, not Benghazi.
那本是我们头条报道,而非班加西事件
On Benghazi we didn't trust the source at State.
在班加西这件事情上
We didn't trust anything anymore.
我们再也不相信任何证据了
We reported the same thing as everybody else
我们跟其他媒体报道的一样
even though we knew we were probably wrong.
即便我们知道我们可能错了
Protesters, angry over
被一部美国业余爱好者拍摄的
an amateur American movie denouncing Islam,
含侮辱伊斯兰教内容的电影激怒的反对者
attacked the United States consulate in Benghazi, Libya, today,
今天袭击了美国在利比亚班加西的领事馆
killing a State Department officer.
导致一名国务院官员遇难
While in Cairo, demonstrators stormed
同时在开罗,示威者攻击了
the walls of the United States Embassy.
美国大使馆的围墙
On the anniversary of 9/11...
在"911"事件的周年纪念日上
We just stopped being good at
我们再也不擅长于
Genoa was a real mission. It was successful.
热那亚任务确实存在,并且成功完成了
Sweeney was right about the MOPP suits,
斯维尼关于防护服的说法是对的
just wrong about the reason they were wearing them.
只是有关佩戴的原因是错的
It was in case the militants had biological weapons.
那实际是为了以防激进分子有生物武器
The white phosphorus was only laid down to mark the target.
直升机释放白磷只是为了标明目标
Hamni8 didn't die in the raid.
汉尼8并没有在袭击中身亡
His prepaid cell plan ran out.
是他的付费手机套餐用完了
It was an institutional failure.
那就是机制问题
Bullshit.
胡说
We'll call the election tomorrow
我们明天会进行选举
and then resign.
然后辞职
She's on her way over. We're meeting her upstairs.
她正在来的路上,我们在楼上见她
I'm sorry, Will. I really am.
抱歉,威尔,真的很抱歉
I wanted this to go another way.
我本希望事态朝另一方向发展
We both knew it wasn't gonna.
我们都知道不可能
Did she seem mad?
她是不是气疯了
When you talked to her on the phone.
你打电话给她的时候
It's after midnight. You think we got her out of bed?
都过午夜了,你觉得她还会起床赶过来吗
You did not get me out of bed. Good night.
我可不是从床上赶过来的,晚安
I just paid $1,000 to see "Skyfall"
我刚花了一千美元去看《天幕坠落》
and attend a party at the Museum of Modern Art.
还参加了一个现代艺术博物馆的派对
The proceeds are going to the Tribeca Film Festival.
是特里贝克电影节的活动
You know why? To support the arts?
知道为什么吗,为了支持艺术事业吗
To meet Daniel Craig. Did you?
为了见丹尼尔·克雷格,见到了吗
Hurricane Sandy and the airports.
因为飓风桑迪和机场延误
He wasn't there? He was not there.
他没到场吗,他没到场
You look like Daniel Craig. Get up.
你看起来很像丹尼尔·克雷格,起来
Oh, you look less like him now.
现在看起来不那么像了
Sit back down. And what about you?
坐回去吧,你怎么了
Why so glum, sugarplum?
为什么这么闷闷不乐,小甜甜
We're gonna resign, Leona. It's what has to happen now.
我们要辞职,莉安娜,别无选择
Elliot Hirsch, Sloan Sabbith,
埃利奥特·赫什,斯隆·莎碧斯
ACN Terry Smith, "Dayside ACN," ACN.
泰利·史密斯,《ACN日间新闻》
We understand the integrity of the news is more important
我们知道新闻的完整性比个人
than one individual. That is beautiful.
更为重要,真帅
Not as beautiful as Daniel Craig.
没丹尼尔·克雷格帅
Leona. I'd have sent my plane.
莉安娜,我真应该派我的飞机过去
I'd have sent my plane. We're not fucking around.
真该派飞机去接,我们不是胡闹
You will resign when I fire you
你得在我心怀怨恨地开除你之后
out of petty malice and not before.
才能辞职,现在不行
Our trust numbers are Yeah, they're bad.
我们的信任指数,是啊,很糟糕
They're fatal. Firing
糟糕透顶,开除杰利
Jerry was obviously the right thing to do,
显然是正确的选择
but it wasn't enough and we've known that for two months.
但这还不够,我们两个月前就知道
Charlie and I have to go.
查理和我也得走
And Twiggy over here? It was my fault.
还有这边的美女吗,那是我的错
McMac. Can I call you McMac?
麦麦可,我能叫你麦麦可吗
Doesn't matter, I'm gonna anyway, McMac.
无所谓了,我就这么叫,麦麦可
Your head's up your ass. Mrs. Lansing.
你是一塌糊涂了,兰辛女士
Guy comes in here into my hizzy
一个家伙跑到我的地盘
guy comes in here, cooks an interview, no remorse.
一个家伙跑来这儿,篡改了采访却毫无悔意
30 lawyers vet the story, it goes on air.
30名律师对这篇报道进行审核,都上电视了
You, I don't know what you'd do to Sherlock Holmes this thing.
你,我不知道你要怎么查出事情真相
I wouldn't be able to figure it out
我都没办法查明
and I'm the smartest person in the room.
而且我还是这间屋子里最聪明的人
Well, I wouldn't go that
好吧,我不同意
Oh, shut the fuck up, you Daniel Craig wannabe.
闭嘴,你个做梦都想当丹尼尔·克雷格的
I don't want to be Daniel Craig.
我不想当丹尼尔·克雷格
Well, you should want to be Daniel Craig. Everybody should.
你应该想当丹尼尔·克雷格,每个人都应该
Leona, are you stoned?
莉安娜,你嗑药了吗
You know, my makeup lasts a long time.
我的妆容倒是维持很长时间啊
Oh, jeez. Mrs. Lansing.
天哪,兰辛女士
No, no, please, call me
不不,请叫我
continue to call me Mrs. Lansing.
继续叫我兰辛女士吧
Leona Guy comes into my house
莉安娜,一个家伙跑到
which I love.
我心爱的房子里
Which I bet you guys didn't know.
我打赌你们都不知道
But I love it. I love ACN.
但我真的很爱它,我爱ACN
You don't make me a nickel
你们一分钱没给我赚
and you cause headaches for the divisions that do,
还总给我赚钱的部门添乱
but you make me
但你们也让我
you make me so proud.
你们让我很自豪
God, guy comes in here, cooks an interview,
上帝啊,一个家伙跑来这里,篡改了采访
and this ends up with 'cause he's unemployable
而最后结局却是"他被违约解雇
he gets a $5 million settlement
而拿到了五百万的和解协议
and the three of you leave?
你们三个却要走人"吗
Oh, I don't think so.
我可不这么认为
And McMac.
而且麦麦可
That's a name that's really starting to grow on me.
这名字开始在我脑中根深蒂固了
She doesn't have to go. Nobody's ever heard of her.
她不用走,根本没人听说过她
But she's gonna do the honorable thing.
但她会来做令人尊敬的事
And what's expected of me, huh?
要我做什么
Not to do the honorable thing?
不做令人尊敬的事吗
What's expected of me?
到底要我做什么
No, I do not accept your resignations.
不,我不接受你们的辞职
And Jerry Dantana's not gonna get one fucking dollar.
杰利·丹塔纳一分钱也拿不到
I got some kickass courtroom outfits.
我有非常厉害的法律团队
You have to accept our resignations and you have to settle.
你必须接受我们的辞职,也得跟他签订协议
He'll take it to trial and win.
否则他会上诉,而且会胜诉
There was an institutional failure and he was the only one fired.
这是机制问题,却只开除了他一个人
Then you'll need a good lawyer.
你们得找个好律师
Lee, don't accept their resignations.
李,别接受他们的辞职
I already wasn't accepting their resignations, Becca.
我已经拒绝了,贝卡
Don't horn in on my honorable thing.
别搅和我做好事
God, I mean, can't a lady have
天哪,我说,女人就不能
Leona, we don't have
莉安娜,我们彻底
the trust of the public anymore.
失去公众的信任了
Get it back!
那就重新树立
重点单词   查看全部解释    
violent ['vaiələnt]

想一想再看

adj. 暴力的,猛烈的,极端的

 
cleavage ['kli:vidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 分裂,劈开,乳沟,解理,卵裂

 
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
symptom ['simptəm]

想一想再看

n. 症状,征兆

 
implication [.impli'keiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 暗示,含意,牵连,卷入

联想记忆
landmark ['lændmɑ:k]

想一想再看

n. 陆标,地界标,里程碑,划时代的事

联想记忆
announced [ə'naunst]

想一想再看

宣布的

 
separated ['sepəreitid]

想一想再看

adj. 分居;分开的;不在一起生活的 v. 分开;隔开

 
pitch [pitʃ]

想一想再看

n. 沥青,树脂,松脂
n. 程度,投掷,球场

联想记忆
scissors ['sizəz]

想一想再看

n. 剪刀

联想记忆


关键字: 美剧 新闻编辑室

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。