手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 大西洋帝国 > 大西洋帝国第四季 > 正文

大西洋帝国第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第10集:跟意大利人合作

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Ed Bader's up for reelection.

爱德·巴德要重新参加选举了
You know how he got to be mayor?
你知道他是怎么成为市长的
You wanted him to be.
你让他当的
You're going to work at his office.
你要去他办公室工作
All I require is that you keep your eyes and ears open.
我只需要你放亮眼睛,竖起耳朵
I spoke to Rothstein.
我和罗斯坦谈过了
Masseria squeezed him out of the heroin business.
马赫里亚把他赶出了海洛因生意
I should like to meet with Mr. Masseria.
我想与马赫里亚先生见见面
Petrucelli's the biggest importer of heroin in the whole southeast.
佩德鲁塞利是整个东南最大的海洛因进口商
Go back to Tampa.
回去坦帕
Those trucks he send up here with the rum...
他北上送朗姆酒的车队
maybe they carry something for us too.
或许也给我们带了些东西
Say hello to Abe Redstone.
这位是亚伯·利德斯通
Pleasure to make...
很荣幸
I will thank you in advance for your discretion.
我提前感谢你的谨慎
I'm assuming a reciprocal arrangement
我相信在这方面
would be to your advantage.
我们可以相互予以方便
It would.
当然
Then until next time.
那就下次见
Mr. White is alive
怀特先生还活着
and you have crushed me.
而你伤透了我的心
Let me see you girl.
让我看看你,姑娘
Stand up.
站起来
Stand your ass up!
快点站起来
Think about what comes out of your mouth next
说话之前请三思
unless you are ready for a war
除非你想发动一场战争
that you will fight alone.
一场你要独自战斗的战争
We're agents of the Bureau of Investigation.
我们是调查局的探员
Bring us your brother along with the criminals he conspires with.
把你哥哥和他的犯罪同伙交给我们
And your son stays a free man.
你的孩子就不会被指控
You get to hold on to what matters.
你可以保住对你最重要的东西
BoardwalkEmpire
大西洋帝国
I don't know exactly his position
我不知道他到底什么地位
but he's bigtime over there.
但他在那边是个人物
This is Balanchuk? Yeah.
巴兰查克吗,对
And you've dealt with him directly in Atlantic City?
你在大西洋城跟他直接有过接触
Once or twice when he was Torrio's runner. I don't know.
他给托里奥跑腿时有过一两次吧,记不清了
You don't know?
记不清
Not since he got bumped up.
他突然升职之后就没有了
Joseph Balanchuk. What is that Polish?
约瑟夫·巴兰查克,波兰名字吗
It's Ukrainian.
乌克兰
I thought Torrio only worked with Italians.
托里奥不是只跟意大利人合作吗
Does he?
是不是
It's a syndicate for Christ's sake.
联合势力啊
Consisting of? Italians sure.
都有些什么人,意大利人
All kinds of greaseballs.
好多外国佬呢, greaseball尤指有意大利,西班牙,葡萄牙,希腊等国血统的人
Jews.
犹太人
He's got this one Jake Guzik runs his breweries.
他手下有个杰克·古兹克替他管酒厂
But this Balanchuk he's high up the ladder?
这个巴兰查克,是高层人物吗
Very high.
很高
He's like Torrio's second.
他是托里奥的副手
Bring it up here will you? Right boss.
抬过来,是,老板
Hungry?
饿了吗
My dad was a sea dog.
我爸是个水手
Tattoo of a mermaid on his forearm.
小臂上纹了一个美人鱼
See the world.
纵览世界
I bet that sounds pretty good to you right now.
你现在一定很向往吧
I know this is difficult.
我知道这不容易
But what you're doing takes courage.
但你所做的事,是需要勇气的
You're a good father.
你是个好父亲
Get that. Come on. Let's get that unloaded.
快点,快卸货
Let's go.
干起来
They ain't gonna move themselves.
它们自己可不会动
Come on let's just give me a hand over here.
过来,帮帮我
Give me another barrel of them oranges here.
再给我一桶橘子
Go. We're done. All right.
去吧,好了,好
Almost there. How many more crates left?
快好了,还剩多少箱
Just a few. You still here?
不多了,你还在呢
Ain't a mirage lady.
反正不是幻象,女人
Those trucks got to be on the road in half an hour McCoy.
那些车半小时内就得上路,麦考伊
I'm at sea for three weeks.
我在海上漂了三周了
Just catching up with the boys.
跟伙计们聊聊天呢
That sort of look like a woman.
看上去有个女人样啊
In the right light I suppose.
如果光线合适是挺像的
How would you pole jockeys know what a woman looks like?
你们这帮水鬼怎么知道女人什么样
Last call's over. Move your asses.
别喝了,都给我走
You two still got them full boxes here to load.
你们两个抓紧装箱
Let's go. Come on get 'em out.
快点啊,搬出来
Should make Joe happy.
这样乔应该满意了
Tell him to come down next time.
下次让他也过来
Let's move it along. I'm on a schedule fellas.
快点吧,我赶时间呢
Keep an eye on these finocchi.
看着那些小鬼
Caught one of them trying to steal some of our hooch.
我看到他们有人想偷我们的酒
You were supposed to call me three hours ago.
你三小时前就该给我打电话了
You miss me? Aw shut up.
你想我了,别闹了
This is business which runs on a schedule.
这是生意,做生意要守时间
You call me just to say hello.
你还半夜打来打招呼呢
Is that what this is?
你就是为了打招呼吗
No. Something's wrong.
不,出了点事
Nuck I'm hanging up now.
努克,我要挂电话了
What is it?
什么事
I said I'm hanging up.
我说我要挂电话了
I wasn't talking to you!
我不是在跟你说话
So what's the problem? Tell me.
出什么问题了,告诉我
That wop you're in bed with Petrucelli...
跟你一伙儿的那个意大利人,佩德鲁塞利
he's pulling a fast one.
他在搞鬼
How so?
怎么说
Turns out rum ain't the only thing you're running.
看来,你不止在贩朗姆酒
Him and the other ones Luciano and his partner...
他和其他几个,卢西亚诺和他搭档
Lansky.
兰斯基
Who's there? McCoy.
那是谁,麦考伊
He's with me. Anyway...
他跟我在一起,反正
turns out they're stashing heroin in with your hooch
他们在你的酒箱里藏了海洛因
and trucking it north.
随车一起往北运
And you know this how?
你怎么知道的
A girl has her ways.
女人总是有法子
You tell anyone besides McCoy?
除了麦考伊还有人知道吗
I prefer to live near the swamp not in it.
我只愿住在泥沼旁,而不想陷进去
Well keep him close by. Do I have to?
那把他留在身边,非得吗
Yes.
是的
And Sally I owe you one.
萨利,我欠你的
And don't think I don't know it sport.
别以为我不知道
From our wedding.
我们婚礼用的
Said how he's too old.
还说他太老了
What are you doing here?
你来干什么
I like to know what my clients are insuring.
我想确保客户的安康
Keeps me inspired.
让我振奋
I understand you've bought a policy.
你买了份保单
Whole life.
人寿保险
When it matures you'll be sitting on a nice little nest egg.Let's hope it doesn't hatch.
希望这蛋别孵出小鸡
Quite a boy you've got here.
你儿子真聪明
Left college to take a position with the mayor's office?
离开大学进入市长办公室就职
That's what I call gumption.
真有进取心
What is it you want exactly Mr. ...
你到底想要什么...
Balanchuk.
巴兰查克先生
I recently transferred from the Chicago office.
我最近从芝加哥分部调过来的
Mr. Balanchuk.
巴兰查克先生
I just need to go over a few documents
我只是需要再过一遍几份文件
and I'll be out of your hair.
然后我就走
We'll move into the kitchen give you some privacy.
我们去厨房吧,让你们单独谈
You should thank your father.
你该感谢你父亲
He knows that in an instant
他知道悲剧
tragedy can strike and everything a man's worked for
可能在瞬间降临,而一个人为之奋斗的一切
everything he loves everything he holds dear...
他所爱的一切,他所珍视的一切
...can be gone.
都会毁于一旦,
Get to work now huh?
去干活儿吧
Yes sir.
是,父亲
You come to my fuckin' house?
你他妈居然跑我家来
Joseph Balanchuk has been dead for two years.
约瑟夫·巴兰查克死了两年了
John Torrio paid for his funeral.
约翰·托里奥付钱给他下的葬
They don't update me on turnover. Playing me for a chump?
有些事他们不会通知我,你拿我当傻子耍吗
You asked what I know. That's what I know.
你问我知道什么,我就知道这些
Next time know better.
下次,知道点重要的事
Or as God is my judge
否则苍天可鉴
that bright-eyed young son of yours
你那个聪慧的儿子
will be breaking rocks up at Trenton.
就会去特伦顿监狱搬石头
Everything okay?
一切都好吧
Yeah. Just a spill.
没事,弄洒了而已
That was some good coffee. Thank you.
咖啡真好喝,谢谢你
Price still hasn't come in yet.
价格还没出来
Yes please hold for Mrs. Rohan.
请稍等,罗翰夫人就来
Hello? Yes this is she.
喂,对,是我
I'm calling in regard to your advertisement in the "Herald."
我看到了你们在,"先驱报"上的广告,打电话来询问
The apartments in Inwood.
因伍德的公寓
No I am unmarried.
不,我未婚
Recently widowed actually.
其实,我刚刚守寡
A personal tour would be grand.
可以看房是最好了
And in terms of rent is that...
说到房租...
I... I'm sorry.
抱歉
I'll have to call you back.
我回头再打给您
Changing your residence?
要换住处吗
I... just considering my options.
只是随便看看
Mr. Bennett is still at lunch.
本内特先生还在用午餐
May I get you something Mr. Redstone?
您需要点什么吗,利德斯通先生
Have you any milk?
有牛奶吗
Certainly.
当然
May I inquire as to your salary Mrs. Rohan?
可以打听您的收入吗,罗翰夫人
per week.
周薪11美元,$11
With the occasional bonus for good performance.
偶尔表现出色有额外奖金
That's $572 annually
那就是每年572美元
with a prospective yearly rental of over half that.
房租就要用掉超过一半
I imagine you're frugal
我想您生活一定很节俭
but subtracting for the grocer
但是刨去日用品
transportation clothing sundries and what have you
交通,衣物和杂七杂八开销,和您的负担
it seems these particular quarters are above your means.
这些公寓看来远在您支付能力之外啊
I fail to see what business this is of yours.
我看不出这与您有什么相干
May I offer you some free advice?
可以给你一些免费的建议吗
Is there anything more expensive in the world?
世上还有比免费更昂贵的东西吗
Forget this place and call me.
别管这地方了,给我打电话
I own several buildings uptown.
我在市中心有几栋楼
Perhaps I could
或许我可以
steer you to more suitable accommodations.
为您提供更加合适的住处
In exchange for what?
交换条件是什么
Your boss Mr. Bennett
你的老板,本内特先生
he and his ilk are systematically driving down
他和他的家族正在有组织地
the price of Anaconda Realty stock
拉低水蟒房地产信托的股价
in which I'm invested.
我可是有参股的
Soon no doubt they plan on buying it back.
毫无疑问,他们还打算买回
I need to know when this happens.
我要知道是什么时间
I could lose my job.
我可能会丢掉工作
Yes you could.
没错,可能会
Or perhaps gain something better.
不过也可能赢得更好的东西
Come on Abe quit flirting.
行了,亚伯,别调情了
Hello Robert.
你好,罗伯特
Nice chatting with you Mrs. Rohan.
与您聊天很愉快,罗翰夫人
Got something special coming in.
最近来了件好东西
You're the first person I thought of.
第一个想到的就是你
He show his face around here
他在这里露面
him or one of his boys you get word to me right quick.
或者是他的手下,你就马上通知我
Ain't seen a hair of the doctor since the other night.
自从那晚之后我连博士的一根毛都没见过
Ain't heard his speechifying neither.
也没听他到处传道
His jabbering days be over soon enough.
他胡扯骗人的日子不长了
Tonight we pay a visit down the Northside
今晚我们去北边
and see how he...
看看他...
Back in the kitchen ofay.
回厨房去,白人
This here private.
我们有私事
So this here the new dishwasher Nucky hire?
这位就是努基雇的新洗碗工
Half-face white boy taking our jobs.
半脸白人小子来抢我们饭碗了
Well the way I see it
照我看来
one man got as much right to eat as another.
大家都有吃饭的权利
And this here man a friend of mine.
而且这个人是我的朋友
Mr. Harrow.
哈罗先生
Mr. White.
怀特先生
You need something you look me up.
有什么需要只管找我
Tonight over at UNIA.
今晚,黑人进步协会
We wait till after dark.
我们等到天黑动手
Ain't nobody gonna be there but Narcisse and his men.
只有纳西斯和他的手下会去
So he's running being chased
他就跑呀跑,被追逐着
through these giant flowerpots
穿过那些大花盆
and he's jumping and bouncing in and out
而且跑得一弹一跳的
like he's got springs in his shoes.
好像鞋里装了弹簧
What? Who was?
什么,谁
Douglas Fairbanks. Ain't you listening?
道格拉斯·费尔班克斯,你没在听吗
Hey Nuck
努克
you see "The Thief of Bagdad"?
你看过,"月宫宝盒"吗
You've got time to go to the pictures?
你还有空看电影
No.
不是
Just you know.
只是,你知道
I need you to take some men
我要你带几个人
head out to the White Horse Pike.
去白马路
What's out there?
那边怎么了
A convoy of trucks heading from Tampa to New York.
有一队车从坦帕去纽约
You want me to stop it? Yes.
要我截下来,是的
And find the heroin Petrucelli's piggybacking with our rum.
找出佩德鲁塞利塞进我们朗姆酒里的海洛因
Petrucelli's in business with Masseria?
佩德鲁塞利跟马赫里亚做生意了
Masseria Luciano Lansky.
马赫里亚,卢西亚诺,兰斯基
Jesus. This kid this fucking Luciano.
老天呐,这个小子,该死的卢西亚诺
Should have let me plug him years ago when I had the chance.
几年前有机会的时候就该让我弄死他
First let's make sure it's true.
首先,我们要确认此事不假
Bring Knox and a couple of his men.
叫上诺克斯,带他几个手下
Flash some tin less likely to get messy.
叫上警察,乱子闹不大
Just get it done.
快去吧
You take everything north of 22nd.
第22街以北都归你
That's 84 speaks in total.
一共84个店铺
Up to or including Madison?
到麦迪逊为止还是包括麦迪逊
Include it.
包括
Let Hymie Weiss try and tell you otherwise.
看海米·魏斯敢告诉你不包括
Johnny hey. Thought you'd gone already.
强尼,还以为你已经走了
Who's this? George.
这是谁,乔治
From the flower shop. I told you about him didn't I?
花店的,我给你提过他吧
No.
没有
Sir he helped us arrange O'Banion's retirement party.
先生,他帮我们办了奥巴尼恩的退休欢庆会
No that was a disgruntled customer.
不,那是个心存怨念的顾客干的
Half a fin for a dozen roses...
两毛五买一打玫瑰
you get 'em home they're already wilting.
拿回家都蔫了
Drive any fella to murder.
谁都想杀人
George here's gonna be taking over my collections.
乔治来接手我的活计
Yeah I'm moving Ralphie up.
对,我要给拉尔菲升职
Oh you are?
是吗
So's I can run the distribution more hands-on.
我好多些人手去发货
And what'll I be doing?
那我去做什么
Come again?
什么
While your hands are on the distribution
你派人去发货
what will I be doing?
我做什么
Whatever you want. I mean
你想做什么就做什么
I ain't gonna squeeze you out or nothing.
我又没有撵你走
You wouldn't squeeze me out of my own operation?
你没打算把我从自己的生意上赶走
That is very generous of you. You know what I mean.
真是慷慨大方,你懂我的意思
I mean I know you like to relax.
我意思是,我知道你喜欢放松
I got people coming up behind me.
我身后也不断有人涌上来
They're what do you call it ambitious.
他们,怎么说呢,雄心勃勃
I've been meaning to talk to you about this anyway.
这事反正我也打算跟你说了
So talk.
那就说啊
We had discussions you and me about the future
我们都说过了,关于未来
when you got back from Italy.
等你回意大利
Expanding my role when you retire.
你退休以后我的角色要扩展
But I ain't retiring Al.
可我还没要退休,阿尔
No.
没有
Right.
对啊
Of course.
当然的
I know that.
我知道
Someday. Eventually.
可是总有那么一天
I'm gonna go. It's good you're thinking ahead.
我要走了,你能提前想这些也是好事
I remind you all once again
我再提醒你们一次
that our other business must be kept far away...
我们的其它生意必须严格避开...
Doctor.
博士
Watch out!
小心
Get down! Get down!
快趴下
Come on let's go.
快走吧
Go! Go!
快走,快走
C. Auguste Dupin.
C·奥古斯特·杜平
I don't know him.
没听说过
He's fictional. A detective.
小说虚构的,是个侦探
"The Murders in the Rue Morgue."
"莫格街谋杀案" 爱伦·坡的侦探小说
Right.
是吗
Those stories are the reason I wanted to join law enforcement.
读了那些故事,我就想加入执法部门
You've handled yourself well.
你还不错
I'm sure you were a good cop.
以前应该是个好警察
Are we friends now?
我们现在还成朋友了
Dinner bell.
晚饭上门了
You don't have to be my pal Eli.
你不用做我的搭档,伊莱
I mean heck I don't even think you like me.
你都不用对我有好感
But really this doesn't have to be so bad.
但是也没必要搞的这么僵
Okay fellas.
好了各位
Fan it out. Let's go. All right.
收拾收拾他们,好的
Hold up.
等等
Stay where you are sir.
不要动,先生
Eli what the fuck is this?
伊莱,这他妈是干什么
Search the trucks. Move!
搜卡车去,快走
Since when did you start riding with the help?
你什么时候开始跟手下人一起运货了
You want to tell me what's transpiring here?
能跟我说说这是怎么回事吗
We're already behind.
我们已经晚点了
It's none of your business what we got in there.
里面有什么跟你有什么关系
Is there a problem Agent Selby?
有什么问题吗,塞尔比探员
This wise head won't get out of the way.
这个混蛋不肯闪开
Perhaps you're using the wrong approach.
应该是你的方法有问题
Step aside please.
请让开
Tell it to Joe the boss.
跟乔老板说去
Why don't you relay the message instead?
你替我传话吧
Any other objections?
还有人反对吗
No sir. No sir.
没了,没人了
All right all right. All right.
好了,好了,好了
Open up. Open up.
快打开
Was that necessary?
有这必要吗
You heard the man. They're already behind.
他说了,已经晚点了
Take your time by all means.
好吧,别着急
And before this gets any further out of hand
别把事情闹得不可收拾
please tell me how I can be of assistance.
需要我帮忙尽管说
We understand you're carrying more than rum.
听说你运的不止有朗姆酒
If we are that's beyond any personal knowledge I have of the situation.
就算是真的,我也不知情
Dr. Narcisse.
纳西斯博士
Chalky White.
朝琪·怀特
I told him he wasn't here boss.
我说了他不在,老大
You don't tell Dr. Narcisse anything.
轮不到你跟纳西斯博士说话
He's not.
他不在
Now you've heard it from me so...
现在我来听你说
He came at me. I want him dead.
他要杀我,我要宰了他
Came at you how? With a pistol.
怎么要杀你了,带着枪
He and his men killed three of mine.
他和手下杀了我三个人
This happened tonight? And tonight it ends.
今晚的事吗,今晚就要了结了
What you yourself began.
你自己挑起来的
Dead!
宰了他
I will cut him from nave to chaps.
我要亲手把他碎尸万段
You'll find the meat tough Doctor.
你有可能砍不动他
Tell me where he is or don't.
告不告诉我他在哪
Your choice.
你自己选
Dr. Narcisse
纳西斯博士
there's something I've been meaning to ask you for quite some time.
有句话我一直想问你
Who the fuck do you think you are?
你他妈以为自己是谁
Cast your lot? Is it so?
人多欺负人少吗
Your leaving on your feet or on your back
你是走出去,还是被抬出去
is entirely up to you.
你自己选
So don't make a mistake.
别选错了
You ready for this? Just say.
你准备好了吗,就等您吩咐
I'll put one in this burrhead right now.
我肯定先干掉这黑鬼
Mr. Thompson he not ready for this.
汤普森先生,他还没准备好
Don't be so sure.
别说得这么肯定
I told you I don't know where Chalky is.
我说了,我不知道朝琪在哪
You've got problems with him take it up with him.
你跟他的恩怨,找他去
Now get the fuck out of my club.
现在,滚出我的俱乐部
When I run him through
等我折磨够了他
watch the light go out
等他剩一口气的时候
I hope he knows what a friend he had in you.
希望他能看清你这个朋友是个什么样的人
You sure this copacetic?
让我待在这好吗
I ain't never fought no war but my own.
我没打过仗,都是跟人胡闹
They're painting the Legion hall.
他们在粉刷军人大厅
You'll be safe here through the weekend.
你可以在这待整个周末
Went straight through.
直接射穿了
How you know that?
你怎么知道
I've been around many people who've been shot.
我见过的可多了
It's your friend.
是你的朋友
Oh my God.
天呐
What did he do?
他干什么了
Brought her directly Mr. White.
把她直接送过来的,怀特先生
Ain't nobody follow y'all?
没人跟踪你们吧
You go on now. Make the midnight show
回去吧,准备午夜演出
so they ain't suspicious.
别让人怀疑
Yes sir.
好的
You go too.
你也回去吧
I'll be fine.
我没事
He'll come after you you know.
他要来追杀你
Come after us.
追杀我们
Let him come.
放马过来吧
Can you even raise your arm?
你胳膊都抬不起来了吧
You come to me practically begging
你差不多是求着我
some wet-behind-the-ears little shit.
跟我扯什么童年回忆
Nucky... You assure me your intentions are honorable
努基,你保证说自己的出发点很好
that you and your partner have big plans for the future.
你跟合伙人一起规划了未来
If you'd just let me speak... I let you in on the deal.
请让我说,我跟你合伙
Things are going great
形势一片大好
and what do you do the second you get the chance?
但你之后干了什么
Mr. Thompson... You stick it up my fucking ass.
汤普森先生,你他妈阴我
We were coerced Charlie and I.
我们是被逼的,查理和我
By Masseria.
马赫利亚干的
He found out about Tampa from his cousin... Petrucelli.
他发现坦帕是个好地方,他表弟,佩德鲁塞利
realized he could use it to his advantage.
然后他觉得可以利用这个地方,...then
As did you and your greaseball partner.
你和你的意大利鬼搭档也是这么想的
He would have killed us if we didn't go along.
他说不配合就宰了我们
You think I fucking won't?
我他妈不会宰你吗
I know that is a distinct possibility
我知道你很有可能会
though I do pray to God it doesn't happen.
但我还是希望你别这么做
If it were strictly up to me sir
要是我一个人说了算
I'd have nothing to do with narcotics.
我绝对不碰毒品
There is plenty of money in liquor which is a much safer
卖私酒就能挣不少钱
and eminently more socially acceptable...
还更安全,口碑更好
You've got two seconds to drop the fucking
再他妈跟我耍滑头
Boy Scout routine or you're going in that hole.
就崩了你埋坑里
There's a fortune to be made in heroin.
海洛因利润高
Millions and millions of dollars.
能挣好几百万
Now I don't know about you
不知道你怎么想
but the way I saw it
但依我看
it was the same life I was risking either way.
钱多钱少都是在卖命
I'm begging you Mr. Thompson. Please.
求你了,汤普森先生,求你了
What would you have done if you were me?
换成是你会怎么做
You're going to call him. Call who?
你去给他打电话,给谁
Masseria. If he'd like to see you
马赫利亚,他要是还想见你
or his heroin ever again
或是他的海洛因
tell him to get his ass down here.
就赶紧滚来见我
Chalky White left a message. Says it's urgent.
朝琪·怀特留言,说有急事
You're set for 2:00 with the Palm Court.
你2:00钟要去棕榈阁酒店
Mr. Murphy is running five minutes late.
墨菲先生会晚五分钟
Remind me to stick it to him later.
提醒我晚些收拾他
And do me a favor.
帮我个忙
Make sure these trade confirmations get filed.
把这些交易认证提交了
Anaconda Realty?
水蟒房地产
Redstone some of these other dubs
利德斯通,还有其他地方
they're down by 80%.
房价跌了百分之八十
I'll tell you they say these kikes are smart.
我跟你说,他们说犹太人很聪明
Well this one's dumb as a doornail
可是这个人蠢得要死
with the deepest pockets I've ever seen.
但他是我见过的最有钱的人
They're no match for you sir.
跟你比他们不算什么,先生
They're greedy every last one of them.
他们很贪婪,每一个都是
Redstone included.
利德斯通也是
Thinks he can get rich without doing a thing.
以为他可以不劳而获
Well the more fool him.
那他就太傻了
I'd like to take the new Duesenberg for a test drive.
我要去开一下新买的杜森伯格
There's a number for a salesman on my desk somewhere.
我桌子上有一个销售员的号码
Consider it done.
交给我吧
That's what Valentino drives you know.
瓦伦蒂诺开的就是这车
It's warm
酒是温的
but it's all I can find.
但我只能找到这个了
They keep the rest locked up.
他们把别的锁起来了
It's fine thank you.
没关系,谢谢
How we get to Narcisse?
我们怎么对付纳西斯
May we have some privacy please?
我们能私下谈谈吗
Of course.
当然
Are you thinking straight about any of this?
这些事你都想明白了
She put the knife in Purnsley back.
她拿刀捅了珀斯利
He came to see me last night. Narcisse.
他昨晚来找我,纳西斯
What he offer? It doesn't matter.
他提议了什么,不重要
But what he wants is you on a slab.
但是他想要你的命
What you want?
你想要什么
I can tell you what I don't want
我能告诉你我不想要什么
and that's a fucking war.
就是一场战争
You okay?
你还好吗
Been worse.
以前更糟过
You've been better too.
你也好过
So push come to shove what happen then?
事态严重了,然后怎么办
I'm here aren't I?
我来了,不是吗
You said you ain't want no war.
你说你不想要战争
I don't want the trots either
我也不想拉肚子
but when I get them I deal with it.
但是我也得应付
You know someone once told me
有人以前跟我说过
all of man's problems come from his inability
一个人的麻烦源自于他无法坐在屋子内
to just sit in a room.
静观其变
Doing that right now.
现在正是如此
Then I suppose your troubles are over.
那我认为你的麻烦就消除了
Don't do anything until you hear from me.
我联系你之前别轻举妄动
as a devoted friend
作为北区良民的,...and
of the good and decent people of the Northside
一位忠诚的朋友
I vow this...
我发誓
neither I nor the members of the sheriff's department
不论是我还是每一位警察
will rest until every last one of the cowardly perpetrators
在将这次恶意袭击中所有胆小如鼠的犯罪分子
of this heinous attack are brought to justice.
绳之以法之前是不会罢手的
Thank you.
谢谢大家
Mr. Mayor is it true
市长先生,正在搜捕
Chalky White is being sought for questioning?
朝琪·怀特问话是真的吗
Mr. Mayor will the city rebuild the UNIA office?
市长先生,政府会重建全体黑人进步协会吗
Harry help me with this lamp.
哈利,帮我弄一下这个灯
All right got it.
好了,弄好了
Ah Nucky Thompson.
努基·汤普森
Always a pleasure.
见到你总是很高兴
Perhaps for you.
可能你觉得高兴吧
Things look different during the day no?
白天东西看起来有点不同,不是吗
You see all the...
你可以看见所有的
how you say?
怎么说来着
The flaws.
瑕疵
I've always preferred bringing things to light.
我总是喜欢把事情拿到光亮下来说
Meyer now why you so blue?
迈耶,你怎么这么郁闷
It could have something to do with the heroin you had him import.
可能是跟你让他运输海洛因有关
Ah si. He mention this to me when he called.
是啊,他给我打电话的时候提到了
So what do you have to say for yourself?
所以你想辩解什么
We wait huh?
我们等等
Till my partner come.
等我合伙人来
What partner?
什么合伙人
Forgive me my tardiness.
原谅我迟到了
It is a quality I deplore in others.
我讨厌别人迟到
Ah no. We just get started.
没关系,我们才开始
What the hell is going on?
发生什么事了
The world is going on Mr. Thompson.
如果这次没有谈妥的话,汤普森先生
Without you depending on what passes here today.
世界将前进,而你要被落下了
You two are partners?
你们俩是合伙人
In a manner of speaking yes.
可以这么说,是的
As you've deduced I am deeply entrenched
就像你推论的一样,我从事于
in the business of providing heroin
向那些卑劣的渴求之人
to those wretched souls who desire it.
供给海洛因的业务
Mr. Masseria and I have recently embarked on an arrangement
马赫里亚先生和我近期达成共识
wherein he will supply me with product via Tampa.
他会提供给我产品,运输路线经过坦帕
Using my trucks for delivery.
用我的卡车运输
So you see.
所以你明白了
We do business already the three of us.
我们三个已经一起做生意了
And if I don't like it?
我要是不喜欢呢
I should paint you a picture
我应该给你描绘一幅画面
but I assure you it would not be pretty.
但我保证你不会喜欢
There is money to be made Mr. Thompson.
会赚到大钱,汤普森先生
A very great deal of it.
非常大的一笔
I will not be your friend
我不会成为你的朋友
but I will be an able partner.
但我会是一位有能力的合伙人
One far more dependable than you've ever had before.
比你所有的合伙人都可靠
Just like that? No.
就这样,不
I will require your full support on the Northside
我需要你在北区的全力支持
to include you delivering your Mr. White
包含你把怀特先生
to me personally.
亲自带到我面前
This is nonnegotiable.
这件事没得商量
What do I get?
我有什么好处
What do you want?
你想要什么
For starters I want my fucking share.
首先,我他妈要我的分红
One third of any heroin already imported.
已经运输进来的海洛因的三分之一利润
And one third of any imported in the future.
还有以后要运输进来的三分之一利润
So we have struck a bargain then?
所以我们达成一致了
Yes.
是的
You will not be sorry Mr. Thompson.
你不会后悔的,汤普森先生
I see great days ahead.
前景一片大好
The mayor will be right with you Mr. Thompson.
市长马上接您的电话,汤普森先生
Anything from Knox? Can't find him.
诺克斯有什么消息吗,找不到他
Please hold for Mayor Bader.
请稍等一下,巴德市长
Hello? Ed it's me.
喂,爱德,是我
Nucky. Listen to me clearly.
努基,听清楚了
This is an emergency.
这是个紧急情况
I need you to send two sheriff's deputies
我需要你派两位警官
to get Chalky White out of town.
把朝琪·怀特带出镇
Okay.
好的
Fella goes to a drugstore to buy rubbers.
有个家伙去商店买安全套
The guy goes "You want a bag with that?"
店员说,"你想要塑料袋吗"
Fella says "No thanks she ain't that ugly."
这家伙说,"不,谢了,她没那么丑"
How do you make your wife scream while you're having sex?
你做爱的时候怎么能让你老婆尖叫
Call her tell her about it.
打电话,告诉她
All right.
好了
All right I'm heading out.
好了,我走了
Johnny stay. Have a drink.
强尼,别走,喝一杯
I'll catch your matinee performance tomorrow.
我明天再看你的日戏表演
Another round.
再来一圈
What's that called? Tom Collins.
这叫什么,汤姆·柯林斯
I'll kill that bum.
我要杀了那个扫兴之人
What's a good bar and a good woman have in common?
酒吧和好妞儿的共同点是什么
I don't know.
我不知道
Liquor in the front poker in the back.
前面是酒(液体)后面是扑克(洞)
You've never...?
你从来没有...
Al you got a call.
阿尔,你的电话
Who is it?
谁啊
He didn't say. Take a message.
没说,让他留话
Said it's important.
说是很重要
I'll take it in there. Come on.
我在里面接,走
Hello. This Al?
喂,是阿尔吗
Yeah who's this?
是我,你是谁
Never mind who it is.
别管我是谁
Yeah? Then what the fuck do you want?
那你他妈想干嘛
Nothing. I was just calling to say good-bye.
不干嘛,只是来和你告别的
Huh?
什么
Down! Get down!
趴下,趴下
Ralph! Ralphie!
拉尔菲,拉尔菲
You okay?
你没事吧
I'm all right.
我没事
Oh my God!
我的天啊
Sweet merciful Jesus.
仁慈的上帝啊
Oh my God.
我的上帝啊
Well lucky for John he left when he did huh?
强尼运气真好,刚走就出事儿
Huh?
是吧
You okay?
你没事吧
Are you sure I can't offer you something else?
你确定不要其他东西了吗
I'm fine thank you. Please.
不用,谢谢,请坐吧
I'm too nervous to eat.
我太紧张,吃不下
You needn't worry. I'm a married man.
不必担心,我已经结婚了
You must be joking.
您开玩笑呢
I am.
我真结婚了
Though what would Mr. Thompson think?
汤普森先生会怎么想
He can think what he wants.
随他怎么想
My life is my own.
我的生活我自己做主
Not that this is that.
这就是我的生活
This is business.
这是谈生意
Drink your tea. It settles the nerves.
喝点茶,会舒缓些
It's impossible to get ahead.
日子过不下去了
And believe me I've tried.
相信我,我努力过了
I work hard I save my...
我努力工作,我...
You owe no one any explanations Miss Rohan.
你不必解释,罗翰小姐
Mr. Bennett...
本内特先生
Mr. Bennett is a criminal no different than...
本内特先生也是罪犯,和...
Than me?
和我一样
I was going to say my husband.
我想说的是我丈夫
Though to be fair
不过其实
one could paint me with that same brush.
其他人也可以那样说我
Anaconda Realty.
水蟒房产
Mr. Bennett and his partners own the company.
这是本内特先生和他的同伙的公司
He bought more shares this afternoon.
今天下午他又买了一些股份
You should do so yourself as soon as possible.
你也应该尽快买一些
30000 shares preferred stock.
3万股优先股,
You shouldn't sell until he does.
他不卖你也别卖
I'll let you know when that happens.
我到时会通知你他何时卖
In return for what?
你的要求是
A rent-free apartment
五年的
guaranteed for five years.
免费公寓
A safe neighborhood
周边安全
with rooms for the children.
有小孩的房间
You'll accept nothing from Mr. Thompson
你不接受汤普森先生的援助
yet you will from me?
却愿意接受我的
I earned this.
这是我赚来的
And when it's over I owe you nothing.
生意做完,我们两不相欠
We have a deal.
成交
Very well.
很好
I've never done business with a woman before.
我之前从未和女人做过生意
Well how did you like it?
你觉得怎么样
Quite the treat.
感觉很好
You got peoples anywhere?
你有亲人吗
Just here in this room. You?
只有你,你呢
You stay here wait till morning.
待在这里,等天亮
Catch a train out west.
然后坐往西的火车
You'll be safe there.
你在那边会很安全
I'm going wherever you go.
你去哪儿,我去哪儿
They're here.
他们到了
Mr. White?
怀特先生
Climb in the back. Crouch down a little.
从后面上来,趴着点
Uncle Nucky.
努基叔叔
Will what are you doing here?
威尔,什么事
I tried to call. The line was busy.
我想打电话的,可是占线
Want a drink?
要喝一杯吗
What's wrong?
出什么事了
Earlier today the mayor gave a press conference.
今天市长召开了记者招待会
I saw the afternoon paper.
我看了下午的报纸
Well afterwards he had a meeting.
会后他开了个会
This colored doctor from the Northside.
有个北城的黑人博士
Narcisse?
纳西斯
I don't know.
我不认识
He had a beard. Suit cost more than...
他有胡子,西服很贵
What did they talk about?
他们谈了些什么
I couldn't hearbut ...
我听不到,不过...
they were in Bader's office for over an hour.
他们在巴德的办公室待了一个多小时
Get me the American Legion Hall on Pacific.
给我接太平洋城的美国退伍军人协会
I'm going down to the river of Jordan?
我会来到约旦的河边,
Oh yes
哦,没错,
I'm going down to the river of Jordan
总有一天,哈利路亚,
One of these days hallelujah
我会来到约旦的河边,
I'm going down to the river of Jordan...
我会来到约旦的河边,
Thought we was going to Philly.
不是去费城吗
We are.
是去费城
Like I said.
我说过的
Missed the turnoff back there.
我们错过了岔道
That right?
是吗
Doing some work on that road.
那条路在施工
Taking a different route.
我们走这条路
I'm gonna eat at the welcome table
总有一天,哈利路亚,
One of these days hallelujah...
我会在接风的饭桌上吃饭,
You all right? Yeah. Shoulder.
你没事吧,没事,是我的肩膀
Hurt a touch.
一碰就痛
You'll feel better with some sleep.
睡一觉会感觉好点儿
Maybe I'll close my eyes a while.
我眯一会儿吧
I'm gonna put on silver slippers
我会穿上银拖鞋,
Oh yes
哦,没错,
I'm gonna put on silver slippers
总有一天,哈利路亚,
One of these days hallelujah
我会穿上银拖鞋,
I'm gonna put on silver slippers
我会穿上银拖鞋,
I'm gonna put on silver slippers one of these days...
总有一天,我会穿上银拖鞋,
No!
不,
Oh damn!
该死的
Steer the car!
去开车
Help me get him out.
帮我把他弄出去
Carnegie Hall one month ago.
卡内基音乐厅,一个月前
Nearly 3000 Negroes in attendance to see Garvey.
将近3千名黑人同去看加维
If anything his arrest has made him more popular.
他被捕之后,受到了更多的关注
Man to his left
他左边的那人
that Patterson?
是帕特森吗
Yes sir.
是的
We can't get any more inside than him.
他是最接近加维的人了
Pathetic isn't it?
很可怜是吧
They join his club
他们加入他的俱乐部
attend his mandatory outings.
还必须参加他的集会
In exchange he sells them uniforms signifying nothing
作为交换,他卖给他们毫无意义的制服
with the profits being used to fund his appeal.
换取资金来资助他的运动
That man has done more damage free on bail
那个人在保释期里犯下的罪行
than most criminals achieve in a lifetime.
已经比许多罪犯一辈子犯下的罪都多了
3000 Negroes with ideas in their heads...
3千个有想法的黑人,
that's a threat worth worrying about.
这是个必须重视的威胁
Your tail's wagging Jim.
你高兴的有点不能自己了
I got our weak link.
我找到薄弱环节了
Nucky Thompson...
努基·汤普森
his brother
他的弟弟
Eli.
伊莱
We backed him into a corner.
我们抓住了他的小辫子
He's going to connect all the dots for us Edgar.
他现在要帮我们把这些点连成线,埃德加
Our man in Harlem.
我们要的人在哈林
I may need you from time to time to nourish that relationship.
我需要你时不时的去巩固一些联系
Yes Mr. Director.
遵命,局长先生
What is this?
这是怎么回事
I'm late for a debriefing.
我要去做任务报告了
Yes of course sir.
是,长官
Since when are you so shy?
你什么时候这么羞涩了
This isn't the right place to be.
我们不该来这里
Do you just want to sit at home
你就只想待在家里
moping?
郁郁寡欢吗
What do you have to be so happy about?
你又有什么可开心的呢
Tonight?
今晚吗
Nothing at all.
什么也没有
That's why we're here.
所以我们才来到这里
Boardwalk Slim.
木板路舞步
We just commencing.
我们才刚刚开始
Sit anywhere you want.
随便坐
We're allowed to?
我们被允许吗
After hours.
下班了
It's all just us here.
只有我们了
Go on.
去吧
That's what you came here for.
你来这不就是为了这个
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Just lying down for a minute.
想在这躺躺
No need to apologize.
没必要道歉
It's an intoxicating brew...
这是个令人沉醉的地方
the music the smoke the alcohol.
音乐,烟草,酒精
I haven't had anything.
我什么都没试过
What's stopping you?
为什么
Not in the mood I suppose.
没心情吧
At times it seems all there is is us and our unhappiness.
有时候,只有难过和我们相伴左右
This is one of those times.
这就是那个时候
Sit. Please.
请坐
You're not with the musicians.
你不是跟乐师来的
No.
不是
I came with my brother.
我和我哥哥来的
That's him playing
现在就是他和
with Mr. Coates.
科茨先生在一起演奏
You are Mr. White's child?
你是怀特先生的孩子
You know him?
您认识他
We are intimately associated.
我们关系非常紧密
Richard Pastor.
理查德·帕斯特
Maybelle White.
梅布尔·怀特
No wonder he's so proud.
难怪他这么骄傲
Do you know where he is?
你知道他在哪吗
Alas no.
不知道
I've heard the rumors
我听到了一些传言
the lies.
谎话
And beneath it all
隐藏其下的
the old drumbeat of injustice.
是非正义的鼓声
Mother won't even get out of bed.
妈妈都不肯下床了
And you are to be married are you not?
你快要结婚了对吧
Not as of 3:00 this afternoon.
本来是今天下午3:00
Samuel wasn't even there.
萨穆埃尔根本都没出现
His father told me.
他父亲告诉我的
I think he enjoyed it.
我觉得他还挺高兴
Why must it be the daughters who suffer?
为什么要成为悲伤的儿女
That's the funny thing.
有意思的是
I'm not suffering.
我一点都不难过
I'm...
我,
I don't know what I am.
我不知道我是谁
Except something I'm not supposed to be.
只知道我成为了不应成为的样子
Dangerous...
很危险
for people like us.
对于像我们这样的人
Like us?
像我们这样的人
To be what we are
成为我们这样的人
where we are
站在我们所在的地方
and dare to stand free
却敢于向往自由
what could be more lonely?
还有什么比这更孤独的吗
I was supposed to come here to forget things.
我来这里是想忘掉一些事情
Then go
那就去吧
and forget.
去遗忘
What the fuck's going on?
发生了什么
You've got the Seventh Regiment out there.
外面是层层把手啊
Bader's turned. He's in Narcisse's pocket.
巴德反叛了,他现在是纳西斯的人
What?
什么
You reach anyone yet?
你找到人没有
He's locked inside his office
他把自己反锁在办公室里
preparing a statement.
准备一份声明
Word is two deputies are dead on the Pike.
有消息说两个警官死在了路上
Why are you here?
你为什么在这
He's doing his job Eli.
他在工作,伊莱
Why else would I put him next to Bader?
不然我为什么把他放在巴德身边
You need to leave this room.
你需要离开这里
He's already heard it all.
他已经都知道了
This is the life you want?
这是你想要的生活
Pop
老爸
isn't it what we do?
这难道不是我们在做的事情吗
All right.
好吧
Let's get it sorted out.
我们来把问题解决了

重点单词   查看全部解释    
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
distinct [dis'tiŋkt]

想一想再看

adj. 独特的,不同的,明显的,清楚的

联想记忆
hatch [hætʃ]

想一想再看

n. 孵化,舱口
vt. 孵,孵出

 
inquire [in'kwaiə]

想一想再看

vt. 询问,查究
vi. 询问,查究

联想记忆
delivery [di'livəri]

想一想再看

n. 递送,交付,分娩

 
route [ru:t]

想一想再看

n. 路线,(固定)线路,途径
vt. 为 .

 
spill [spil]

想一想再看

v. 溢出,洒,使 ... 流出,泄漏
n.

 
exchange [iks'tʃeindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 交换,兑换,交易所
v. 交换,兑换,交

 
bail [beil]

想一想再看

n. 杓,保释,保证金,担保人,把手 vt. 往外舀水,

联想记忆
approach [ə'prəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 接近; 途径,方法
v. 靠近,接近,动

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。