手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 大西洋帝国 > 大西洋帝国第四季 > 正文

大西洋帝国第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第7集:聪明的选择

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

You're not gonna say where you work?

你不打算告诉我你在哪工作吗?
In an office. That sounds mysterious.
在间办公室。 听起来挺神秘的。
I'm trying to get on with it. Do you understand?
我想适应这样的生活,你能理解吗?
Do me the favor of not pretending you were ever on board with this.
拜托能不能别假装你也在参与这个事情?
Nationwide network of organized criminals.
国家性的有组织犯罪团伙网络。
It's real, Edgar.
这是真的,埃德加.
Political agitators, that's real.
政治犯,这才是真的。
Agent Nox...
诺克斯探员...
Postman, then the Bureau of Prohibition.
邮差,然后是禁酒探员。
Agent Nox is a hayseed
诺克斯探员是个最最纯粹的
of the purest variety.
乡巴佬。
They arrested Clayton.
他们抓了克莱顿。
They said he poisoned Henry.
他们说是他毒死了亨利。
What would somebody do something like that?
为什么有人会做这样的事情?
I promise, you can live with it.
我保证,你能扛得住
We'll get you into another school,
我们会把你转到别的学校。
if that's what's necessary.
如果必要的话。
You're going to graduate.
你得毕业。
Mr. Pierce, these are my partners,
皮尔斯先生,这些是我的合伙人。
Misters Lansky and Luciano.
兰斯基先生和卢西亚诺先生。
This is bad for me.
这对我来说太糟了。
You do what you want, but I'm in.
随你怎么样,我反正加入了
We're partners. Not anymore.
我们是搭档。 不再是了。
I saw you watching me last night.
我看见你昨晚看我的眼神了。
And I know what you are.
我知道你是什么人。
FRANK!!
弗兰克
Word is they were Chicago detectives.
他们是芝加哥特勤组
Every fucking thing that crawls is gonna pay.
那群胆小鬼必须血债血偿。
"Chicago American," right here.
"芝加哥人报,卖啦卖啦"
Three cents. Three cents. That's all, folks.
三分钱,三分钱,只要三分钱一份。
Three cents. "Chicago American."
三分钱一份,芝加哥人报
Get your papers. Papers.
卖报纸咯,报纸。
There he goes! Go! Go! Go! Go!
他跑那边去了,开车,开车,开车,开车
Someone stop that car.
来人拦住那车。
Is he Get Father Sheridan.
他是.. 去找谢里丹神父。
Could be nothing, Eli.
可能也没什么,艾利。
I'm not saying it's something.
我没说有什么。
Just that it's odd.
就是有点奇怪的。
JMT.
JMT
There's something cockeyed about this guy.
这个人有些蹊跷。
Who carries around another man's hankie?
谁会拿别人的手帕呢?
You were.
你啊。
He gave it to me so I could blow my nose.
他给我擦鼻子用的。
Maybe someone gave it to him.
也许是别人给他的。
Let's get his boss on the horn.
给他长官打个电话吧。
What for?
干什么?
I don't know. Peace of mind.
我也不知道。查一下放心。
Sid.
希德.
Sid!
希德.
Need something?
有什么需要的吗?
Why the fuck else would I be calling for you?
我他妈的叫你还会有其他事吗?
Fred Elliot Frederick.
佛瑞德·埃利奥特·弗雷德里克.
He's a supervisor with the Treasury Department.
他是财政部监管。
He's in my book. You want his number?
就在我的名册里。 要他的号码吗?
I want you to get him on the phone.
我想让你给他打个电话。
Right. Rightyo.
对,对
So what's the word from Tampa?
坦帕的事怎么样了?
First shipment in a few days.
第一批货几天后到。
So things got rough down there, hmm?
那边的事有些棘手吧,嗯?
What?
怎么了?
Heard you came back with a black eye.
听说你回来的时候眼眶黑了。
I banged a door.
我撞到门上了。
That so?
是吗?
What, Eli?
怎么了,艾利?
They got phones, you know, down in Florida.
你知道的,他们在弗罗里达有电话。
I spoke to McCoy. And?
我和麦考伊通过话了。 后来呢?
Nothing.
没什么。
Just said this Sally, she's a pistol is all.
只说这个萨利是个辣妹子。
McCoy's a fucking idiot. I banged a door.
麦考伊就是个他妈的白痴。我撞到门上了。
After you banged her.
在你撞到她后吧。
Say, Nuck.
说,努克
Elliot's not there.
埃利奥特不在。
Did you leave a message? That's the thing.
你留言了吗? 是这样的,
The Prohee I talked to, he said Elliot don't work there no more.
和我通话的Prohee说埃利奥特已经不在那工作了。
Gesundheit.
保重身体(德语)
Cherry blossom season.
花粉季。
What's wrong?
怎么了?
Remus asked for hotcakes.
瑞摩斯要的是热蛋糕。
May I remind you that you are a federal prisoner?
我能提醒你一下吗?你是联邦罪犯。
Remus is also a cooperating witness.
瑞摩斯也是污点证人。
We'll stop at the Mayflower later.
我们将停在之后的梅弗劳尔站
So, Enoch Thompson.
那么,说说伊诺克·汤普森。
When we spoke in January, you said he was the linchpin
我们一月谈话时,你说他是
of a nationwide criminal conspiracy.
全国性犯罪组织的关键人物。
That's what you said.
那是你说的。
Remus said he was a piece of dog shit.
瑞摩斯说他就是一坨狗屎。
Conducting illegal activities with individuals from various cities.
操纵着众多城市的非法活动。
I would like you to confirm that for Mr. Hoover.
我希望你能向胡佛先生证实这一点。
Remus confirms it.
瑞摩斯可以证实。
And Mr. Thompson did business with you in Cincinnati?
汤姆森先生和你在辛辛那提有生意往来?
Remus rues the day Stop doing that.
瑞摩斯很后悔那些日子。 别再那么干了。
Doing what? Referring to yourself in the third person.
干什么? 用第三人称称呼自己。
Remus will say whatever he pleases.
瑞摩斯想说什么就说什么。
And I will have you transferred to Leavenworth.
那我就送你到莱文沃思去。
What do you know about Tampa?
坦帕的事,你知道多少?
It's humid. Relative to Nucky Thompson.
那很潮湿,与努基·汤姆森有关的。
Nothing. What should Remus
什么都不知道。 瑞摩斯应该
what should I know?
我该知道些什么?
Go get your hotcakes.
拿你的热蛋糕去吧。
Satisfied?
满意吗?
Every time he talks, he gets out of jail for the night,
每次他一开口说话,就能从监狱里出来过一夜,
free meals, cushy hotel room.
白吃一顿,住好旅馆。
That doesn't mean what he's saying isn't true.
那不等于他说的不是真的。
He did give us Harry Daugherty. Daugherty's one man.
他确实给我们供出了哈利·多尔蒂。多尔蒂是一个人。
I haven't even been sworn in yet and you're asking me
我还没宣誓就职,你就要我
to commit tens of thousands more into building a conspiracy case.
提交几万件卷宗立为集团案件
A dozen arrests in one fell swoop.
在一次突击行动中,多名罪犯落网。
Think of the headlines, Edgar.
想想这新闻头条吧,埃德加。
And think of the headlines if I fail.
那你想想如果我失败了,新闻头条会是什么。
"New Bureau Chief Lays an Egg."
"新局长出师不利。"
You promised me a weak link in Thompson's organization.
你对我承诺过要找出汤姆森组织里的薄弱环节。
I'm working on that.
我正办着呢。
Agent Tolliver, you have a call.
Tolliver探员,有你的电话。
Pardon me.
失陪一下。
I know it's none of my business,
我明白这事跟我没什么关系。
but it might behoove you to get on board with his plan.
但你应该加入这个计划。
Why is that?
为什么这么说?
Because our new Attorney General thinks it's a great idea.
因为新任总检察长觉得这个主意不错。
Johnny, how you doing? Good? You good?
约翰尼,过得怎么样?还好吗?
Listen, we need to talk. You hungry? You hungry?
听着,我们得谈谈。你饿了吗?你饿了吗?
Get him a steak, rare.
给他来份牛排,三分熟的。
I just had lunch. You said you wanted to see me.
我刚吃过午饭。 你说你想见我。
I did.
是的。
This you?
这你干的?
Jeez, another one?
天啊,又一个?
That's a shame for his family, huh?
真为他家人难过,嗯?
I mean, for all we know, the guy got a couple of brothers.
我的意思是,我们都知道,这人有几个兄弟。
You know, an old mother bawling her eyes out every night.
你知道,他老妈每天晚上训他们。
You think it's funny? No, I don't.
你觉得这很好玩吗? 不觉得。
I'm gonna get that fuck O'Banion.
我要抓住那个该死的欧巴尼扬。
Put a pill in him myself. Make it public.
当着众人的面,给他来一枪子儿。
Remind people you bleed before you die.
给人看看他死之前的惨样。
Why you want to move on Deanie O'Banion?
你为啥要吧这事扯到迪安·欧巴尼扬头上?
For Frank, John.
为了弗兰克,约翰。
You got nothing puts O'Banion in that.
那事你可扯不到欧巴尼扬头上去。
I got a dozen mick cops don't even let him get his hands up.
那帮爱尔兰条子甚至连让他举手投降的机会都不给。
That don't mean O'Banion. They hit nobody but Frank.
那也不一定是欧巴尼扬干的。 他们只击中了弗兰克。
What, a whole crowd of people? Al. Al.
一大群人里只击中他一个阿尔,阿尔
No, they were probably after me. Al!
不行,他们可能还会冲我来。 阿尔!
It's not gonna happen.
不会的。
It's my brother, John.
那是我兄弟,约翰。
You you seen what they did.
你...你看见他们都干了什么了。
I saw. Buon'anima.
我看见了。愿他安息。
But Chicago cops, not Dean O'Banion.
不过是芝加哥警察干的,不是迪安·欧巴尼扬。
Bullshit! He paid 'em off.
胡扯!他花钱雇的人。
You want to take on the Chicago Police?
你想和芝加哥警察干上?
They'll send a fucking army down here.
他们他妈的会派一支军队过来。
We're not starting a war.
我们不能挑起一场战争。
We'd crush 'em, John.
我们得碾碎他们,约翰。
I have business with Dean O'Banion,
我和迪安·欧巴尼扬有生意要做,
which you will not impede.
你不能妨碍我的生意。
I didn't ask for this.
我没要这个。
I hear big things about RCA.
我听说RCA有大动作了。
You can't touch the stocks the big noise can,
你不能碰股票,风险太大。
but what you can do is buy into a trust.
但是你能买进信托。
What about pools?
储蓄金怎么样?
My wife's father says they're a lot more profitable.
我岳父说利润很丰厚。
And a lot more expensive.
也很贵。
The last pool I knew of,
据我所知,上一笔储蓄金
the minimum buyin was 75,000.
最低买入价是75,000美元。
Now, the Anaconda Realty Trust
现在,你需要留意的是
is what you need to be looking at.
阿纳康达不动产信托。
If it were my money, sure,
如果是我的钱,没问题,
but Dottie's got ideas of her own.
不过多蒂有她自己的打算。
You have the meeting with the gentleman at the Cunard Line, sir.
先生,您在冠达邮轮那儿还有个会。
Call me a cab, please. Oh, Mrs. Rohan.
请帮我叫辆出租车。哦,罗恩夫人。
Yes, Mr. Bennett?
什么,好的,班尼特先生?
I don't mean to put you on the spot.
我不是故意叫你难堪。
Didn't I put your husband in Anaconda Realty last year?
去年我没叫你先生投资阿纳康达不动产吗?
You tried, sir, yes.
你试过了,先生,是的。
I tried?
我试过了?
I'm sorry, sir, I never told you
对不起,先生,我没告诉您。
because I was too embarrassed.
因为我觉得太丢人了。
I put your husband in Anaconda Realty. I'm certain of it.
我叫你丈夫投资阿纳康达不动产。我很确定这事。
You advised him, that's correct.
你给他提建议了,是这样的。
But we've four wee ones and it was a risk.
但是我们把资金分散了,投不动产太冒险。
I talked him out of investing.
我没让他投。
Oh, you didn't. I did, sir.
不会吧? 是的,先生。
I'm sorry.
很抱歉。
What happened?
发生什么了?
Fortune down the drain, that's what happened.
天上掉的馅饼没吃着,就是这样。
It's a woman's place to tend to the home.
女人就应该照顾家庭。
It's a man's to tend to the future.
男人才能放眼未来。
That'll be all, Mrs. Rohan. Thank you.
这就够了,罗恩夫人。谢谢。
What time is your meeting?
你什么时候开会?
15 minutes.
15分钟以后。
Tell me about this Anaconda.
给我说说这个阿纳康达。
40 minutes I'm waiting.
我等了40分钟了。
He'll be along.
他会一个人来的。
What, am I six years old?
怎么,我是六岁吗?
Almond torte from Veniero's.
Veniero店里的杏仁大蛋糕。
We got the same thing in Coney Island. Gargiulo's.
我们在Coney岛碰到了相同的事。
Frankie Yale. They finally run you out of Brooklyn?
弗兰基·耶鲁,他们最后还是把你踢出布鲁克林了?
No, Charlie, I come by for the cake.
不,查理,我是为蛋糕来的。
Been out in the sun. Cut the crap, huh?
外面太阳晒的吧,少说废话,嗯?
I've been down in Tampa and you know it.
我已经去过坦帕了,你知道的。
You and your pal Meyer.
你和你伙计迈耶
What of it?
怎么了?
We got business, him and me.
我们有生意做,他和我。
You, him, and Nucky Thompson.
你和他还有努基·汤姆森
You buried all that with Nucky.
你和的恩怨已经了结了。
I was there, remember?
我在场,记得吗?
You forgive that easy? That's good to know.
你就那么轻易的就原谅他了,真不错。
How about you cross me and find out?
要不你动我试试看?
And for the record, I ain't in business with Thompson.
另外说一声,我没和汤姆森做生意。
Vincenzo Petrucelli,
Vincenzo Petrucelli,
he call me on the telephone.
他给我打电话了。
I turned it down, Joe.
我拒绝了,乔。
I know.
我知道。
So what am I doing here?
那叫我来干什么?
There's a different deal. Very lucrative.
有一桩不一样的生意,很有赚头。
Petrucelli's the biggest importer of heroin
Petrucelli是整个南海岸
in the whole southeast.
最大的海洛因输出商。
Since when? Since he killed Joe Raguto in New Orleans.
从什么时候开始的? 从他杀了新奥尔良的Joe Raguto时起。
Straightrazored his throat during last year's Mardi Gras.
去年忏悔节,直接割喉。
Go back to Tampa.
回坦帕一趟。
Talk to Petrucelli.
和Petrucelli谈谈。
Those trucks he send up here with the rum...
他用卡车能送来的朗姆酒...
maybe they carry something for us, too.
说不定还能运来点什么。
Doris: It says here they read Nietzsche.
这儿写着他们读尼采。
Who did? Those boys who killed that kid in Chicago.
谁读? 那些在芝加哥杀了那个孩子的男孩们。
They thought they were supermen
他们觉得自己是超人
who could get away with murder.
能逃脱谋杀罪的处罚。
Keep your head down.
把头低下。
Relax.
放松点。
You relax.Me now.
你放松点。给我来口。
I read "Zarathustra"in high school.
我在高中时候看过"查拉图斯特" (此人是拜火教创始人,这里应该指尼采的《查拉图斯特拉如是说》,此书尼采假借他之名说出自己的哲学思想)
All that "God is dead" malarkey.
那些"神都死了"的鬼话。
You believe in God, don't you?
你相信上帝,对吧?
Of course.
当然。
Why would you ask me that?
你为什么问我这些?
I didn't mean anything by it.
没什么别的意思。
You're leaving?
你要走了么?
You want me to stay? Then say that.
你想让我留下?那就说出来。
Did I do something wrong?
我做错什么了吗?
Don't be dim.
别傻了。
Okay.
好吧。
Next time we should use your room.
下次我们应该用你的房间。
Have they put someone else in yet?
他们安排别人住进去了吗?
No.
没有。
I heard Clayton's parents gave everything to the Salvation Army.
我听说克莱顿的父母把一切都交给了基督救世军。
Has he written you or anything?
他给你写过信什么的吗?
Jesus Christ, Doris. What?
上帝啊,桃瑞丝什么?
First those boys back in Chicago, now Clayton.
先是那些芝加哥的杀人犯,现在是克莱顿。
When did you get so morbid?
你什么时候变得这么病态?
I was just making conversation.
我只是在找话说。
Yeah?
是吗?
Why don't you make it with someone else?
为什么不说点别的?
And now you're leaving again?
你又要走了?
I'll see you tomorrow, okay?
明天见,好吗?
It's awful, like a knitting needle in the gut.
真可怕,像在肠子里卡了一根针。
My Aunt Ann would be a week in bed each month.
我姨妈Ann每月在床上躺一周。
A week? I'd cut off my own head.
一周?换我非得自杀了。
Miss Preston, feeling better?
普雷斯顿小姐,感觉好点了吗?
I am, sir. Thank you.
是的,先生,谢谢。
She tell you how she closed Jeff Romsey?
她有没告诉你她怎么忽悠杰夫·罗姆尼的?
Reeled him in for a cool five grand.
卷了他五千大洋。
Romsey's got that kind of dough?
罗姆尼有那么多钱?
Well, Mrs. Romsey does.
呵呵,罗姆尼太太有啊。
Will he make money?
他能挣钱吗?
Well, it's a real estate trust.
呵,这是房地产信托。
A lot of different stocks in there, mostly dogs.
那有很多不同的股票,大多数和狗一样。
Some with less fleas than others.
只不过有的跳蚤少一点。
Will he make money? Who knows?
他能挣到钱吗?谁知道?
You, on the other hand,
而你,另一面说,
I see an immediate fiscal gain
我到是看见你立刻就获得了
in your future.
预期的财政收益。
And to think I considered waitressing.
我也伴了一把服务生啊。
Your boy Al,
你手下阿尔,
he's pixilated or something. He won't listen to reason.
他脑子有点问题,他不会听解释的。
He's grieving. He'll right himself.
他很悲痛。他会调整过来的。
Either that or sink stern first.
最好这样,要么把他丢河里喂鱼。
He's under control for now.
他现在还是能控制住的。
But his suspicions regarding you and those cops...
但他怀疑你和那些警察有关...
On my mother, John. I swear.
以我母亲的名义,约翰,我起誓。
It wasn't us.
我那不是我们干的。
I believe you, okay? Relax.
我相信你,好吗?放松点。
So, the brewery, Sieben's.
那么,啤酒厂,Sieben的。
Fine, I'll take it off your hands.
好吧,我接手了。
Our full price?
我们提的全价?
I just said fine. Don't bend me over.
我说了可以,别过分了。
And Greektown?
那希腊区呢?
That I have to say no to.
那我必须说不。
For the love of Mike, John. We helped you take Cicero.
看在上帝份上,约翰我们帮你拿下了Cicero。
And you can't give me a few lousy blocks bordering my own territory?
你连我地盘边界的几个烂地方都不肯给我?
I do that and the Southside becomes the Northside.
我要是那么干了,南边就得变成北边。
We gave you that election with an apple in its mouth.
我们帮你搞定了选举,给你送了一份大礼。
Practically handed it to you.
实际上就是白送给你了。
And this is your payback.
这就是你的报酬。
Half a million on a brewery
一个啤酒厂就50万,
I need like a hole in my fucking head.
我恨不得给自己脑袋上来一枪。
You can make anything there beer, pop, whatever you like.
你在那什么都能做...啤酒,汽水,什么都行。
I'm selling fucking Nehi now?
我买个酒厂就为了做他妈汽水?
Hey, Papa, relax.
嘿,老爹,放松点。
You think this squares us, then swell.
你认为这样我们就扯平了,那就得了。
And you don't think it squares us.
但你好像还觉得我们没扯平。
I'll tell you what. Think some more.
我告诉你,罩子放亮点。
Come now, settle down.
深呼吸
Settle down.
镇定
Just a few drops, Gillian.
来几滴水,Gillian.
Do that for me?
就当是为了我?
I dreamt
我梦到
I died.
我死了。
I'm sorry.
对不起
Impressive set of pipes.
吹奏的令人印象深刻。
Isn't that what the youngsters say?
不正是年轻人的说法吗?
This is it?
就这些?
This is all you've got on Knox?
这就是Knox的全部资料?
I believe your request was for any and all background.
我觉得你想要所有的背景资料
I'd already provided his employment application over the telephone.
我已经在电话上提供了他的就职记录。
So he's had mumps and earned a D in civics in fifth grade.
那你就告诉我他得过腮腺炎,在五年级公民学得过D?
Which, no doubt, set him down the path to Bolshevism
这些,毫无疑问,导致了他
and other unsavory activities.
投身于布尔什维克主义,和其他不光彩的活动。
If you're willing to do blackface, you can go on after this number.
如果你想要钱不如直接提。
I don't mean to make light of your request,
我不是轻视你的要求,
but there's simply no further information to provide.
但关键是关于他就没有什么猛料。
I have spoken with his superiors, his former colleges.
我找他的上级和校友调查过。
JMT. The handkerchief.
JMT.那个手帕的标志
An acronym, perhaps.
可能是个缩写。
The John Muir Trail.
John Muir Trail的缩写。
It's a hiking route in the Sierra Nevadas.
是条内华达山脉的旅行路线。
Monogrammed on a hankie?
在手帕上做画押?
I'm merely exhausting all possibilities. Retired from the bureau. Sold his home.
我只是尽力提供所有有关的线索罢了。
No forwarding address.
没有现在的住址。
Without so much as a goodbye.
连个招呼都不打就消失了。
What's wrong, Mr. Thompson?
怎么了汤姆森先生?
What troubles you so?
是什么让你这么头疼?
You ever wake up, have a vague feeling of unease?
你有过一醒来,就莫名其妙的不安吗?
Like you know something's wrong,
你意识到什么事不对劲,
but you can't put your finger on it yet.
但你又说不出所以然来。
When I do, I usually just go back to sleep.
我有过,通常我就翻个身继续睡。
He just buzzed.
他发信号了。
You're on.
该你上场了。
Bearer bonds are fine, but they're no investment.
无记名债券很不错,但是它们不是投资
Trade up. Cash them in for opportunity.
抛掉吧,变现去投资真正的机遇
Sir, you've a meeting with the gentleman from the Cunard Line.
先生,您在冠达邮轮上还有个会。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Mrs. Rohan, say hello to Abe Redstone.
罗恩夫人,来跟Abe Redstone先生打个招呼。
Pleasure to make
很高兴能...
Hello.
你好
Mrs. Rohan, is it?
是罗恩夫人,是吗?
It is. Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
I was just telling Abe here how
我刚才正和亚伯先生谈怎样....
Hmm.
嗯..
I have the distinct feeling we've met somewhere before.
我感觉我们肯定在哪见过面。
I'm sure you're mistaken.
我想是您弄错了吧。
I'd have remembered. Mmm...
我一点印象都没有,嗯...
I have it.
想起来了
Gloves.
手套
I beg your pardon? You attended to me at Best & Company.
对不起,您说什么? 你在Best&Company公司接待过我
Finer men's accessories.
"更优质的男士配件"
I'm afraid I've never worked there, sir.
恐怕那不是我,我没在那里工作过。
Well, my mistake, then.
好吧,那应该是我记错了
So I was just telling Abe here
刚才我正跟Abe先生说
how I put your husband into Anaconda.
我是如何让你丈夫投资阿纳康达的
Right. Yes, you did.
是的,没错
And what does your husband do, Mrs...
那你的丈夫是干什么的,您叫...
Rohan.
罗恩.
He's in sales, sir.
他从事销售工作,先生
Railroad equipment. Ah, I see.
铁路设备,哦,我懂了
And he bought into this Anaconda Realty Trust?
他现在投资了阿纳康达房地产信托?
He did, sir, yes.
是的先生
After I insisted.
在我推荐之后
You tried to talk him out of it, right?
你还曾试图阻止他,不是吗?
Yes.
是的
But I regretted not buying it
但是我现在后悔当初没买了
and we lost a great deal of money.
为此损失了一个大赚一笔的机会
I'm so sorry, Mr. Bennett.
对不起班尼特先生
I don't feel well. Excuse me.
我感觉不太舒服,,想先离开一下
Nervous type.
神经质型的。
Your cut.
你的份
Good week.
这周不错。
Ah, then I see Miss Maitland is a success.
我看到梅特兰小姐成功了
She all right.
她还行
She putting asses in them seats.
她把客人吸引的都走不动了
I want to talk to you about extending her run.
我想跟你谈谈有关她续约的事
That would be impossible.
这个不可能了
Why is that?
为什么?
She's committed to appear in...
她已经订了在下周在..
Louisville next weekend.
路易斯维尔的演出
Send 'em somebody else.
再派个别的歌手去
And what will you do for me?
那你怎么回报我呢?
Already offered you a whiskey.
都请你喝酒了。
The Universal Negro Improvement Association
黑人进步联合会
I should like to open a chapter here on your Northside.
我想在你这儿发展个分会
Like a club? A confederation.
俱乐部? 一个联盟
A place where likeminded individuals gather
一个让有思想的人聚在一起的地方
to promote the free exchange of ideas
用来促进思想交流
Sound congenial enough.
听着挺有爱的嘛
It is.
那是
But its contributions to the Libyan defy measure.
但是它有助团结黑人兄弟。
And Miss Maitland?
那梅特兰小姐呢?
The good people of Louisville
看来路易斯维尔的观众得
will do without her for another month.
再等一个月了
Teacher: "'Scoundrel,' I said in a voice husky with rage.
""恶棍"我愤怒的用沙哑的声音朝他喊,(此处为爱伦坡的William Wilson,也是本集名,此小说是最早写关于双重人格的小说,小说中人性恶与善不停斗争想控制主角,正是本集小Willie的写照。)
'Follow me or I stab you where you stand.'
跟随我,或者被我杀死,你选择什么
And I broke my way from the ballroom
我已毁坏我来自舞厅
into a small antechamber,
通往前厅的道路,
dragging him unresistingly with me as I went.
我去时拉着他已毫无还手之力
And in a few seconds I forced him
刹那间,我用绝对的力量
by sheer strength against the wainscoting,
把他压迫在盾牌之后
and plunged my sword,
我凶猛的
with brute ferocity,
用我的宝剑
repeatedly through
向他的胸膛一遍遍
and through his bosom."
砍去"
So...
那么...
《William Wilson 》is no more.
《William Wilson》已经读完了。
Any thoughts on what Poe is doing here?
大家对,爱伦坡此刻的思路有什么看法吗?
Mr. Hemmings?
Hemmings同学
He's showing how admiration can turn into hatred.
他在展示崇敬如何能转为憎恶
Very good.
非常好
And the result being what?
那结果是什么呢?
The murder of his rival?
杀掉对手吗?
Which in this case is another form of murder.
在这里,是杀戮以外的东西
Mr. Thompson
汤姆森先生?
Mr. Thompson
汤姆森先生?
Mr. Thompson
汤姆森先生?
Yes, sir?
什么?
The murder of Wilson's doppelganger is also what?
威尔逊另一重人格的杀戮意味着什么?
His own suicide.
他的自杀
Mr. Thompson, where are you going?
汤姆森先生,你去哪儿?
What in the heck was that?
你刚才在干什么?
I'm so sorry, sir.
对不起,先生
I don't know what came over me.
我也不知道我是怎么了
You girls and your delicate constitutions.
你们这些女人也太脆弱了。
It won't happen again, I assure you.
我保证,再也不会有下次了
Well, apparently Redstone was charmed.
好吧,显然Redstone先生被你哄得挺高兴
He put 150 grand into Anaconda.
他已经投资了15万在阿纳康达信托上。
What?
什么
From him, not me.
这是他给的,不是我。
Connors and Gould.
你好,康谷投资公司
Mrs. Thompson, this is Arnold Rothstein calling.
汤姆森女士,我是阿诺德·罗思坦
Did you receive my gift?
你收到了我的礼物了吗?
I did, sir. Thank you.
是的先生,谢谢
Lovely as it was to see you again,
能再见到您真是太荣幸了
I will thank you in advance for your discretion.
我很感谢你给我的投资建议
Yes, sir.
应该的,先生。
I'm assuming a reciprocal arrangement
我想提一个互惠的协议
would be to your advantage as well?
也应该会对你有利吧?
It would.
是的
Then until next time.
那...回见吧
I must look horrid.
我肯定看起来挺恐怖的吧
No, on the contrary. You look...
不,你看起来反而..
well, I was gonna say at peace.
呃,我想说,很平静。
Now that the poison's out of your system.
现在,你已经戒除毒瘾了
A gentleman in my boudoir
一位绅士在我的闺房里
and me like this, no less.
而我却是这个样子
We all carry our burdens, Gillian. Gillian
我们都背负着肩上的重担
What are yours?
你的重担是什么呢?
Ambition.
理想
What's wrong with that?
是什么呢?
At the expense of family.
为家庭而奋斗
Of love.
为了爱。
These last months getting to know you...
过去这几个月,我才慢慢了解....
without people you care about, it's all...
没有能让你关心的人,就无法...
You take that fella from the A&P chain that I had you meet.
我和你会见的那个A&P的家伙。
At dinner? Mr. Hewson from Evansville.
晚饭? 那个来自埃文斯维尔的名叫Hewson的先生
Now, he's a very difficult personality.
他很难相处
Been making this merger practically impossible.
这并购基本不太可能实现。
Now, normally, a man like that would get my goat.
通常,这样的人都很让我恼火
But since I met you...
但自从我遇见了你...
I feel as though none of that matters.
我觉得这些都不怎么重要了。
Did tending to me cause your affairs to suffer?
是不是和我在一起让你的业务受影响了?
I'm so sorry.
我真的很抱歉。
Gillian, you're important to me. Gillian
你对我很重要。
Hewson, A&P, everything else can go hang. Hewson,A&P
,这些都能放一放。
What's this for?
这是干嘛?
See what you're buying. Give it to him.
给你验验货。 递给他。
Not bad. Warm, though.
不错,虽然不太冰
Like your people drink it. Like it's meant to be drank.
就像你们这群人的口味。 就像它应该的口味。
Give him the money. Get this over with.
把钱给他
I don't need to count it. Count it anyway.
不用数了,数数吧
I know where to find you.
我知道到哪找你去。
Smart buy, Johnny.
聪明的选择,Johnny
Place puts out a quiet 1,000 barrels a week.
这地方一个星期能出1000桶酒.
Yeah, and now I also got a place to keep my hats.
是啊,我现在也有个地方能存帽子了。
Bring the car around.
把车开过来
Police! Nobody move!
警察!不许动!
Hands where I can see 'em. All right, you, up against the wall.
把手举到我能看到的地方。 你,靠墙站着。
Back it up. All right, not so fast.
退后,好的,慢慢的来
What the fuck is this? What's it look like?
我操,这是搞毛啊? 这看上去是干嘛?
Come on, hands behind your back.
都把手背到后边
Well, this is chummy.
嗯,看看这是谁。
Dean O'Banion and John Torrio.
迪安·欧巴尼扬和,约翰·多里奥.
What is that, a peace treaty?
这是什么,和平条约吗?
Just a simple real estate transaction.
只是普通的地产买卖
Involving a property housing an ocean of beer.
房地产交易顺便交易一屋子的啤酒?
Read the contract. I don't own this place.
仔细看看合约,这房子跟我没关系
A raid, Deanie, the minute you sell me this shithole?
一次突袭,迪尼,就在你刚卖给我这鬼地方的节骨眼儿上?
I'm in irons just like you.
我和你一样都被铐着呢
Quit your griping. Get these guys to the paddy wagon.
少废话,全都押上车
Come on. Let's go. Move it. Move it.
好吧,全都带走,快走,快走
Woman: Illegal drinking, horrid jazz music,
非法的饮品和可怕的爵士乐
all types of low characters.
全都是低级趣味
Shooting hypodermics right out there in the gutter.
倒在外面的阴沟里注射毒品
It's a disgrace. We've been told something would be done.
太堕落了, 我们该做点事什么了
That woodshingled house on Baltic.
Baltic的那件木头房子,
Yeah, well, I'll get on over there.
是的,我们会去那儿摆平这事儿的。
That's what you said last time.
你上回就这么说
Where Mr. White at? Three meetings in a row now.
怀特先生到哪儿去了,现在有三个会排队等他呢
Mr. White indisposed at present.
怀特先生现在身体不舒服。
That's 'cause he up there on that boardwalk
那是因为他正忙着在木板路那边
disposing himself with the white folk.
和白人套近乎呢。
With all due respect, within the past month
恕我直言,过去两个月里
we've had two separate incidents
我们已经有两起年轻人
of young men in the community succumbing to heroin overdoses.
因吸食海洛因过量致死的惨剧发生了
We're looking into that, Deacon Cuffy.
我们正在关注,Cuffy执事。
But if whoever is peddling this poison persists,
但是如果有人继续叫卖这种毒药
I must inform Mr. White.
我必须通知怀特先生
I told him. Woman: Tell him again.
我已经跟他说过了。 再去说次
Deacon Cuffy, if I may.
Deacon Cuffy能否允许我
Ladies, gentlemen...
女士们,先生们....
I am Dr. Valentine Narcisse.
我是Valentine Narcisse博士
Though I am not from here, I am of here,
尽管我不是本地人,但是我此时与你们在一起。
just as I am of anywhere the Libyan makes his home.
就像我在其他黑人兄弟的家里一样
There is a scourge in our community
一些东西祸害我们的社区
in the guise of heroin.
以海洛因的名义在蔓延。
There is a scourge in the guise of alcohol.
一些东西祸害我们的社区,以酒精的名义在蔓延。
The true scourge, however,
而真正的祸害
is not disguised at all.
不是这些伪装。
That scourge is apathy on the part of your leader.
而是你们领导的漠不关心。
Yes. Yes.
是的,是的
I know your Mr. White.
我认识你们的怀特先生。
Know him better than he realizes.
我比他自己跟了解他。
He's a good man, but a man whose true purpose
他是个好人,但是他已经
has been clouded by misguided ambition.
被误入歧途的野心蒙蔽了双眼
Mmhmm, that's right. With his permission
嗯,他说的对,经过他的允许
and with the assistance of Mr. Purnsley,
在Purnsley先生的帮助下
I have come to breathe new life into this community,
我来到这里,让我在这个社区重获新生
to aid those who seek betterment,
去援助那些寻求改善的人,
to abrogate those who would hold us back.
去阻止那些妨碍我们前进的人
With Deacon Cuffy,
在Cuffy执事的帮助下,
we shall restore this community
我们将一起努力恢复这个社区
to its full and glorious potential.
它应有的辉煌。
Hallelujah. Yes!
哈利路亚,说的对
That's not what I said. It is, Daddy.
我不是这样说的,就是,爸爸
I heard it, too.
我也听见了。
Then what I meant was a girl doesn't need college
那我的意思是女孩儿不需要
the way a boy does to make her way.
像男孩儿那样上大学来成就事业
Well, there are plenty of girls at Willie's school.
可是有不少女孩儿在Willie的学校呢。
Isn't that right? There's a couple.
是不是? 是有不少。
Cooking, sewing, maybe typing, that's all you need to know.
做饭,女红,最多打打字,你们就需要知道这么多。
But what if I want to learn?
但如果我想去学习呢?
You can take my spot.
你正好接我的班。
I can? No. What's that supposed to mean?
我能吗? 不行。那是什么意思?
What does that mean, take your spot?
你什么意思?借你的班?
That I'm leaving school. What?
我想退学了。 什么?
Willie, what are you saying?
威利,你胡说什么呢?
I dropped out today. Wait a minute, what?
我今天退学了。 等会儿,你说啥?
You already left?
你已经退学了?
I spoke to Dean Carnell this afternoon.
我下午和, Carnell院长谈过了。
Go do the dishes. I want to hear this.
你去洗碗。 我想听听怎么回事。
Uncle Nucky never needed college. Look how he's done.
努基叔叔从没需要上大学,看看他现在的成就。
Will, we discussed this. Excuse me, Nuck. Will,
我们讨论过这个了。 等会儿,努克。
Things get tough, so you just quit?
事儿一麻烦,你就一走了之?
What kind of man are you?
你这还算是男人吗?
His friend Henry who died...
他的朋友亨利刚死...
People die. Life goes on, June.
死都死了,活的还得继续,琼。
And his life goes on. He's getting an education.
他的生活就得继续过,他得继续接受教育。
Listen to your father, Will.
听你父亲的话,Will。
And he doesn't need you to tell him to listen to his father.
他不需要你来告诉他听他父亲的话。
He's gonna listen because I'm his father.
我是他爹,他就必须得听我的。
I was the one who made money for this family while you were in jail.
当你蹲大狱的时候,我才是养家糊口的人。
Jail? Go to your room right now.
坐牢? 马上回房间去!
I'm gonna talk to your dean and you're gonna reenroll on Monday.
我马上找你院长,你周一就给我回去。
I'm sorry, but I'm not.
很抱歉,但我不去。
Eli.
艾利
Let's discuss this tomorrow when clearer heads can prevail.
让我们明天头脑冷静下来再谈这个吧。
My head's clear right now.
我现在头脑就很冷静。
And you're gonna do as I say.
你必须按我说的去做。
Get your hand off me. What?
把你的手拿开。 啥?
I said get your hand
我说把你的手...
Who you talking to, huh?
你在对谁说话,嗯?
Think I'm one of your buddies?
你以为我是你的小弟兄?
Eli!
艾利!
Eli, stop it!
艾利,住手!
Leave him!
放开他!
You leave school, you leave this house!
你不上学,就不许再进这个门!
I'm leaving this house anyway!
我反正也不想呆在这个家了!
Mmhmm. Mmhmm.
唔,唔。
Come on, girl.
动动,妞
Too hot for all this now.
这样太热了。
So?
那么?
What did he say?
他怎么说的?
You ain't packing no bags just yet.
你现在还不需要走。
I wish I wasn't packing 'em ever again.
我真希望我永远不用走。
What he like?
他人怎么样?
The doctor?
博士吗?
He's smart.
他很聪明。
Lots of people look up to him.
很多人都很敬仰他。
Treat you good?
对你好吗?
Not as good as you.
可没你这么好哟。
He kin or something?
他有亲戚吗?
Where you off to?
你到哪去?
My mother was a prostitute.
我妈是个妓女。
She was murdered.
她是被杀的。
I saw it.
我目睹了一切。
She always put me in the closet
她做生意的时候,
with my doll
总是把让我带着娃娃
while she had business.
放在橱柜里等着。
"Don't peep.
"不许偷看,
Don't peek."
不许偷瞧"
Sometimes I did.
有时候我会偷看。
All the ladies had a jar of lye
所有妓女都有罐碱水,
they kept under the bed
放在床下面
in case the man got rough,
以免有些客人动作太野了,
acted a fool.
会做傻事。
One day I saw her swing that jar.
有天,我看她打开了罐子。
Man screamed so loud,
那客人叫的那么大声。
sounded like he got lit on fire.
好像他着火了一样。
She ain't take no mess. No.
她没挺过去。 是的。
No, she did not.
她没打开。
That man choked her till she didn't move anymore.
那客人活活把她掐死了。
They catch him?
抓到他了吗?
Dr. Narcisse found me.
是Narcisse博士发现了我。
Put his wings around me ever since.
从那以后就照料我。
You and him ever...
你和他有没...
No.
没有。
He's a decent man.
他是个正派的人。
So what that make me?
那我算什么?
That make you my man.
你算是我的男人。
Got to think about that.
我得想想。
Pharaoh can make all things pass.
法老可以随心所欲。
Well, Pharaoh ain't had no partners.
呵,法老可没合伙人。
Mr. Thompson.
汤姆森先生。
He the kind of partner I like.
他是我喜欢那种合伙人。
And why's that? 'Cause he the silent kind.
这是为什么? 因为他话不多。
Where you going, girl?
想去哪儿呢,妞?
New number to rehearse.
新曲子要排练呢。
Prove to you you can't do without me.
少了我可不行。
Shouldn't you be getting home?
你不是该回家了吗?
Home is wherever you be, darling.
家是你所在的地方,亲爱的。
I'd have used a gavel, but I'm afraid we'd have an awful mess on our hands.
我是想用小木槌的,但我恐怕我们手上的麻烦已经够多的了。
Gentlemen,
先生们,
Miss Randolph, good evening.
Randolph女士,晚上好。
As some of you know, it is our great good fortune
也许你们中的一些人已经知道,
to have in our midst our nation's esteemed Treasury Secretary,
我们很荣幸的邀请到了国家财政部长
Andrew Mellon。 the Honorable Andrew Mellon.
尊敬的
If that's your attempt at sticking my department
如果你拉我来是想让我的部门
with the dinner bill, you can forget it.
结晚饭的账,那你可打错算盘了。
Two hours ago, I had the privilege
两个小时前,
of attending a brief ceremony at the White House
我受邀参加了一个白宫的简短仪式
where President Coolidge made what I consider to be
席间Coolidge总统发布了
one of the key appointments of his administration.
一个我认为最关键的行政任命。
Without further ado,
闲言少叙,
I give you a young man whose integrity, zeal,
我向大家介绍这位正直,热忱
and sense of morality knows no bounds.
充满了无穷正义感的
The new Director of the Bureau of Investigation,
联邦调查局新局长
Mr. John Edgar Hoover.
约翰·埃德加·胡佛先生,
Thank you, Mr. Attorney General,
谢谢您,总检察长先生
for that wonderful introduction.
谢谢您的精彩介绍。
And thank you all for being here.
也谢谢大家今天到此。
Secretary Mellon, it is truly my honor.
Mellon部长,这真是我的荣幸。
Many of us in this room
这个房间里的许多人,
have known and worked with each other for years.
已经互相认识,甚至共事了许多年了。
Heck, Jim Tolliver and I attended law school together.
见鬼,Jim Tolliver和我貌似在法学院就在一起了。
Those of you who know me
那些了解我的人
know I won't stand for corruption.
知道我不能忍受腐败。
Those of you who don't,
那些不了解我的人,
well, you'll soon find out.
你们不久就会明白了。
The previous administration
之前的部门
was lax, shall we say,
可以说,对于起诉无论政府内部或者外部
in its prosecution of criminals
的犯罪行为方面,
both within as well as outside the government.
表现的睁一只眼闭一只眼。
I stand before you vowing that will change.
我在你们面前发誓,这种情况会被改变。
Just recently,
就在最近,
after extensive investigative work on my part,
据我方广泛深入的调查,
I came to a realization
我意识到
that a nationwide criminal conspiracy was at work
有一整个跨国的犯罪组织集团
undermining the very fabric of our great nation.
在暗中肆意破坏我们伟大的国家。
Bootleggers and murderers from New York to Chicago,
造私酒者和杀人犯,从纽约到芝加哥
from Philadelphia to Atlantic City
从费城到大西洋城
have formed a network of organized crime,
已经形成了一个完整的犯罪网络,
if you will, one that I myself will dismantle.
而我将毁掉这个网络。
Now I've instructed my men to build a case
现在我已经指示我的人立案
whereby we can prosecute these coconspirators
以便起诉这些阴谋分子,
en masse in federal court.
将他们在联邦法庭上一网打尽。
What's this?
这是什么?
Not much.
没多少。
But it was all I could rustle up.
不过我也就能搜罗这么多了。
You shouldn't have. I'm fine.
你太费心了,我没事。
Gonna spoil me, you know that?
会宠坏我的,你知道不?
You have no idea.
真想宠死你呢。
Why are you smiling?
你笑什么?
It's a secret.
小秘密。
Mmm.
嗯。
It's the secrets that undo us.
秘密使人们分开。
Tell me one of yours.
那你告诉我一个你的秘密。
Very well.
好吧
Remember when we first met, I told you I was married?
还记得第一次见面,我告诉你我结过婚?
Yes.
记得
Well, the day after I met you,
呃,那天我见过你之后,
I began divorce proceedings.
我才提交的离婚申请。
Now...
现在...
what's yours?
你的秘密呢?
Why were you smiling?
你刚在笑什么?
I was smiling because you made me feel something
我笑是因为你让我有
I haven't felt in a very long time.
一些我很久没有过感觉。
What's that?
什么感觉?
Happiness.
幸福。
He came to the realization?
他来实现?
That's rich.
真敢说
I mean, the gall to say that
我是说,他真有脸当着
in front of an entire group of agents.
那么多探员的面说。
The Attorney General, no less.
竟然还当着总检察长的面。
I'm the one who sold him on the whole conspiracy angle.
我才是提出整个阴谋论的人
He didn't even want to address it.
他那是甚至都没理这茬。
"Extensive investigative work."
什么"广泛深入的调查"
I'm the one running the entire undercover operation.
就我一个人忙活了整个秘密行动。
Yes, regarding that, Agent Tolliver,
没错,关于这个,Tolliver探员
it'd be ever so helpful if you would refrain
能不能劳驾你不再带
from carrying monogrammed handkerchiefs.
有画押字的手帕。
Don't tell me what to do, Means.
别告诉我怎么做,Means.
I'm the only one standing between you and a jail cell.
我是唯一能不让你蹲大狱的人。
Why am I surprised?
我又有什么好惊讶的呢?
Edgar was the same way in law school.
埃德加还是法学院的老样子。
The best predictor of future behavior
对未来行为的最好预测依据
is past behavior.
就是过去的行为。
I'm afraid young Mr. Hoover proves no exception.
恐怕年轻的胡佛先生也证明此言没有例外。
Atlantic City, Nuck.
大西洋城,努克。
You want to call that your own, that's fine.
你愿意把它称作你的城市,没问题。
What's that supposed This house,
这话是什么... 但这房子,
this family...
这个家...
this is mine.
是我的。
Put your hands on me in my own home?
我的家事都要插手?
Was I supposed to let you kill the kid?
那我就应该让你杀了那孩子?
The fuck you know about it?
你他妈知道个屁?
What? Kids.
什么? 孩子。
Nothing ever came from you.
你又没生过。
You never had a family.
你连家庭都没有过。
You're drunk, Eli.
你喝醉了,艾利。
Nothing ever came from you.
你啥都没生过。
Mabel died trying to give you a son. Mabel
冒死给你生了个儿子。
That's enough.
够了。
Not my family.
又不是我的家人。
I'm going to chalk this up to whiskey and bad timing.
看你喝醉了又摊上这事,我就不怪你了
As for Willie, he's a good kid.
至于威利,他是个好孩子。
But like his father, sometimes he acts without thinking.
但和他的父亲一样,他有时候做事欠考虑。
All right, boss.
好吧,老板。
My family, Nucky.
我的家人,努基。
My goddamn family!
我他妈的家人!
Johnny, hey.
约翰尼,嘿。
Welcome home.
欢迎回家
You hungry? You want a drink?
你饿了没?要不要喝一杯?
I want a shower.
我想要洗个澡。
Some anisette.
来点茴香酒。
A little company first?
先来个伴儿?
Send them away. Scram, girls.
让她们走开,滚开,妞
I got the bond as soon as I could.
我已经尽快交保了。
100 grand that judge levied.
那法官要了的10万块保释金。
With fucking child killers running the streets.
有空抓我?还有他妈的杀孩子的凶手在街上呢。
Your pal O'Banion, on the other hand...
另一边,你的老伙计欧巴尼扬,
well...
呃...
What about him?
他干嘛了?
An hour in, they drop all the charges.
不到一个小时,他们就撤销了所有指控。
He already signed the deed over to you.
他已经和你签过转让契约了。
My second pinch for alcohol.
那是我第二大酒精仓库。
They're gonna put me away.
这么搞我损失惨重。
The cops knew to be right there right then.
条子早就知道何时何地出现了。
Just like with our brother.
就像对我们兄弟的那样
And just like with Frank, O'Banion walks away.
就像对弗兰克那次,欧巴尼扬撇清了
A man my age don't belong in prison.
我这么大年纪的人,要离开家,要离开妻子
Away from his home and from his wife.
去坐牢是不可能的了
A man my age needs to relax.
我这么大年纪的人需要松口气了。
I'm tired, Al.
我累了,阿尔。
Been a long fucking day.
这一天够他妈不容易的了。
Need a ride home?
要送你回家吗?
Anything? No, I'm good.
有要吩咐的吗? 不了,我很好。
Actually,
实际上
there is one thing I'd like you to do.
还有件事情,我要你去办
Kill that Irish fuck.
宰了那个爱尔兰混蛋。
Willie. Uncle Nucky, I'm sorry.
威利. 努基叔叔,我很抱歉。
What the hell happened? Why didn't you call me?
到底发生什么了?为什么你不打电话给我?
I just...
我只是...
couldn't be there anymore.
不能再呆在那儿了。
If you're trying to impress me, you're off to a very poor start.
如果你想打动我,你这个头开的可不好。
This isn't a game, Will.
这可不是个游戏,Will。
I need to trust you.
我需要能信任你。
I need men around me who can keep their wits.
我需要我周围的人能保持理智。
I know.
我懂。
I can.
我能。
I will.
我会。
Go home now, get some rest.
回家去吧,早点休息。
Tom will drive you. Tom
会送你回去。
He'll be awake.
他不会睡的。
He'll be drunk.
他肯定喝多了。
It'll just upset my mother.
这只会让我妈更伤心。
Stay here tonight.
今晚呆在这儿。
But in the morning we're going to talk.
但到了早上,我们得好好谈谈。
Deacon.
执事
Need to talk to you.
得和你聊几句。
Found out who's been running that poison around here.
我找到是谁在这里散播毒品了。
I know full well, Mr. Purnsley.
我早了然于胸了,Purnsley先生。
And I'm on my way to see Mr. White right now.
我也正要去见White先生。
Deacon, please.
执事,求你了。
I've seen the error of my ways
我已经知错了,
and I'm on the path to righteousness.
而且我也改过自新了。
Mmm.
A guilty man will say anything to save his skin.
有罪的人为了保全自己什么都能说出口。
Pray with me, Deacon.
和我祈祷,执事。
Please.
求你了。
Take my hand.
握着我的手。
Our Father who art in heaven...
我们在天的父啊...
Come on, how did it go?
来啊,怎么说来着?
Daughter: Dear Lord,
主啊,
delivered into the hands of the wicked by a kiss.
请用一吻于手宽恕人之恶
Bound like a thief,
就如门徒
abandoned by your disciples...
恕贼的罪
have mercy on me.
请保佑我...
Dear Lord...
主啊...
dying on the cross in the presence of Mary,
死于十字架圣玛丽之前,
pierced with a lance that drew blood from your side,
穿身之矛滴汝之血
taken down and placed in the arms of your sorrowful mother...
淌入汝悲伤母亲之怀抱...
have mercy on me.
请保佑我..
The flesh withers as the spirit flourishes.
肉体上的枯萎,正如精神上的繁荣。
I know that's right, Doctor. Hmm.
我知道那是对的,博士。 唔
And what did the spirit divine today?
今天神启是什么呢?
Chalky, he's Ahem.
朝琪,他.. 恩哼
Mr. White.
怀特先生。
He doesn't seem pleased to have to answer to Mr. Thompson.
他好像不是很满意对汤姆森先生言听计从。
And you?
你呢?
Is he pleased with you?
他愿意对你言听计从吗?
I believe he is.
我相信他是的。
A babe among the reeds.
真是个好宝贝儿。
Your mother, she fought the spirit.
你妈妈,她很有斗争精神。
She hurt you.
她伤了你。
It burned for but an instant.
这只烧了片刻。
Her pain is everlasting.
她的痛苦却是无尽的。
These hands set her free.
这双手给了他自由。
And set you on your path.
也给你了你现在的成就。
Yes, Doctor.
是的,博士。
You will sing for me now.
你现在可以为我唱歌了。
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们,先生们。
the Onyx Club is proud to present Onyx
俱乐部很荣幸的请出
Miss Daughter Maitland.
道特·梅特兰小姐。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
impressive [im'presiv]

想一想再看

adj. 给人深刻印象的

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
prevail [pri'veil]

想一想再看

vi. 获胜,盛行,主导

联想记忆
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
delicate ['delikit]

想一想再看

n. 精美的东西
adj. 精美的,微妙的,美

 
vague [veig]

想一想再看

adj. 模糊的,不明确的,犹豫不决的,茫然的

联想记忆
distinct [dis'tiŋkt]

想一想再看

adj. 独特的,不同的,明显的,清楚的

联想记忆
shipment ['ʃipmənt]

想一想再看

n. 装船,货物,出货

 
prosecution [.prɔsi'kju:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 实行,经营,起诉

联想记忆
wicked ['wikid]

想一想再看

adj. 坏的,邪恶的,缺德的
adv. 极端

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。