手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季(MP3+中英字幕) 第8集 血缘关系

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

The egg was your innovation, I take it?

我猜,放鸡蛋是你的创意吧
Best way to confirm the pate's been struck.
这是证明你脑袋被击中的最好方法
No disputes in the absence of judges.
在没裁判的情况下也能让双方心服口服
Beautiful city, New York.
真是美丽的城市啊,纽约
It's no London, though, is it?
但这里终究不是伦敦,对吧
It's the American London.
这里是美国的伦敦
Still, you must miss it.
看来你还是想念伦敦
I miss nothing.
我什么都不想
Pates being the obvious exception.
"击头"运动算是例外
May I assume we're still on for this evening?
今晚我们还能继续吗
Diogenes, my restaurant. Dinner.
去第欧根尼,我的饭店,一起吃晚饭
You were a no-show at the opening.
开幕的时候你没参加
Yes, well, I had a choice to make, didn't I?
对,我可以选择的,是吧
Find the abductor of a young girl,
我是选择追捕诱拐少女的罪犯
or choke down cuisine in a room full of gits.
还是去满是白痴的饭店勉强吃菜呢
I leave in a few days.
几天后我就要走了
You've been putting this off for a week.
你已经拖了一周了
Diogenes is my creation, Sherlock.
第欧根尼是我的心血,夏洛克
I'm proud of it. You're my brother.
我引以为傲,而你是我的弟弟
And here was me thinking that we could satisfy your itch
但在我看来,我们可以用这种
for fraternal bonding using the age-old tradition
兄弟互斗的古老传统
of two siblings hitting each other.
来满足你对兄弟亲情的渴望
It'd mean a lot to me.
这对我来说意义重大
Very well.
那好吧
In the meantime...
与此同时...
What's today's word?
今天背什么单词啊
"Borborygmus."
"腹鸣"
What's that mean?
那是什么意思
"The sound of your stomach grumbling."
"肚子咕咕叫的声音"
Borborygmus.
腹鸣
Some words we just don't need.
有些词反正是用不着的
Did you hear that?
你听见了吗
What?
什么
I don't know.
我不知道
I guess it was nothing.
我想没什么吧
Lady saw the body on the roof from an office window,
有位女士从办公室窗户看见了车顶的尸体
Call it in. Radio car pulled the driver over.
打电话报警,无线电通讯警车让司机停车
Looks like she was stabbed
看来她坠楼之前
before she fell, just below the ribs.
被人刺伤了,就在肋骨下方的位置
Yeah, kind of rules out suicide.
对,不像是自杀的样子
Somebody came at her with a knife,
有人拿刀捅了她
and then she went airborne.
随后她就从楼上掉了下来
Do we know who she is?
知道她的身份了吗
Well, no I.D.
没有身份证
No clue when she hit the truck.
也不知道她何时掉到卡车顶上的
About the only thing the driver could say for sure
但司机唯一可以肯定的是
is that she wasn't there when he started this morning.
今早他出车的时候,她肯定不在车上
So, unless a missing persons call comes in
除非有符合她特征描述的
matching her description,
失踪人口报告
I'm looking at canvassing
否则我就得彻底搜查
every stop he's made today.
他今天停过的每一站
Good news, Detective.
好消息,警探
Think I might be able to narrow your search.
我想我可以缩小你的搜查范围
Would you mind asking the driver to join us for a moment?
能请你把司机叫过来一下吗
Sir?
先生
Would I be correct in assuming
我想这些数字
that these numbers are used to organize the parcels
是在装车的时候标注包裹
as they're loaded for delivery?
方便送货的对吗
Yeah. Loading sets me up in the morning
是的,装货的工人今早
with everything in delivery order.
按送货的顺序放好的
Every stop, I find the delivery
每到一站,我就核对
by checking the numbers on the shelf.
架上的数字,然后送货
Excellent. So, you should have no trouble
很好,那你肯定能告诉我们
in telling us where you were
你送放在这里的
when you delivered the box which sat here.
那箱货物的时候是在哪
Sure. But why?
当然,但为什么这么问
If you just do as he asks, please.
就按他说的做吧,拜托了
When our Jane Doe hit the roof,
我们的无名氏小姐掉落车顶时的
the impact dislodged paint chips from the ceiling,
撞击使车顶上的油漆碎屑落下了一些
which, as you can see, are currently dispersed
正如你们所见,这些碎屑现在散布在
around the shelves and floor.
货架和地板上
But notice
但请注意
said paint chips
这些油漆碎屑
abruptly stop
在这个架子的这半边
partway along this shelf.
突然消失了
These spaces,
放在这里的箱子
the chips hit boxes which were still here
在碎屑掉落的时候
at the moment of impact.
还在货架上
Boxes which our accommodating
在那之后,我们乐于助人
but unobservant driver has since delivered.
但粗心大意的司机才把这些货送出去
So, we need simply identify the delivery
所以,我们只要知道送放在没有碎屑的
immediately preceding the point where the chips cease...
架子上的货物之前他在哪里就行了
And we'll know the truck's location when the body fell.
这样就能找到尸体落在卡车上的地点
Closer than we started.
至少比刚开始的范围小
Guess I'll start ringing doorbells.
看来我得挨家挨户按门铃了
I think we should start there--
我觉得我们应该先去那看看
the third balcony up.
往上数第三个阳台
I mean, all the apartments have the same trees
我是说,所有公寓的阳台上
on their terrace except for that one.
都有同样的树,除了那个
Maybe it got knocked over when she fell.
也许是她坠楼的时候撞翻的
Well done, Watson.
干得好,华生
Well, the stabbing happened here, obviously.
显然,凶手是在这捅了她
Miss Doe stumbled backwards and over the balcony.
无名氏小姐匆忙后退,失足摔下阳台
Hey, the super doesn't know the girl's name.
管理员不知道这女孩的名字
Said people pay for their privacy here.
说是这里的住客都付费保护隐私
Um, no cameras, no doorman, no questions.
所以没摄像头,没保安,也不会盘问
He gave me the management company's contact info.
他给了我物业公司的联系方式
Thought maybe they could tell us.
也许他们会知道
You were up early this morning.
你今天起得很早
You assume that I slept.
你假设我有睡觉
Well, I heard you and Mycroft up on the roof.
我听见你和麦考夫在屋顶上
I was worried he might wake you.
我还担心他会吵醒你
The man may have lost a few pounds,
他的体重是轻了几磅
but he has all the grace of a drunken mastodon.
但还是像喝多了的大象一样
Well, I think it' nice...
我觉得你们俩...
the two of you getting to know each other again.
能重新了解对方挺不错的
Her name was Haley Tyler.
她的名字叫海莉·泰勒
She was 26. I take it
二十六岁,我猜
the address on Miss Tyler's driver's license
泰勒小姐驾照上的地址
is not this apartment.
不是这间公寓
Yep, you're right.
你说的没错
"Mineral Wells, Texas."
矿泉井,德克萨斯州
Two pairs of designer shoes, barely used.
两双名牌鞋,基本没穿过
One older pair of the bargain basement variety.
还有一双旧的便宜货
The wear on all three, however,
这三双鞋都显示出
indicates an identical supination of the left heel,
左脚跟的明显外翻
ruling out multiple owners.
它们属于同一个人
There are newer clothes
衣柜里有从高端精品店
bought at high-end boutiques hanging in the closet.
买来的新衣服
The older, more homey attire, is stuffed into her luggage.
旧衣服更像是家居服,都在箱子里
Yes, Miss Tyler was new to the big city.
泰勒小姐刚来这座大城市
She was accustomed to far less affluent means.
她曾经没有什么钱
It's unlikely she could have afforded
她应该买不起
this little bauble herself.
这件东西
I humbly submit, she was a kept woman.
依我的拙见,她是被包养了
Well,
好吧
if you're right, you're not gonna believe
如果你是对的,你不会相信
who was keeping her.
她是被谁包养的
That phone you get along with better than most people--
你那部用得比多数人都熟练的手机
the guy who owns this apartment invented it,
就是这间公寓的主人发明的
along with half the computers in the country.
还有这国家一半的电脑
Ian Gale.
伊恩·盖尔
I just read his autobiography last year.
我去年才读过他的自传
Impressive man.
挺不错的人
Are you kidding me? He is an icon.
开什么玩笑,他可是个偶像
I'm sure he puts his ear buds in one at a time,
我敢肯定他也一次戴一只耳塞
just like the rest of us.
跟我们一样
Detective Bell?
贝尔警探
That's right.
是我
You're not Ian Gale.
你不是伊恩·盖尔
No. I'm Alan Becker, Mr. Gale's lawyer.
对,我是阿兰·贝克,盖尔先生的律师
Someone with a badge shows up looking for Mr. Gale,
一旦有带着警徽的人来找盖尔先生
you get me.
我就会出现
Yes, I am aware who Miss Tyler is.
我知道泰勒小姐是谁
Was.
曾经是谁
If you'd like,
如果你们需要
my office can assist in contacting next of kin.
我的办公室可以帮忙联系她的亲戚
Thanks, but we've already reached out to her mom.
谢了,但我们已经联系了她母亲
She's on her way to New York as we speak.
她现在正在来纽约的路上
I'm not at liberty to discuss the nature
我不能跟你们讨论
of Mr. Gale's relationship with Miss Tyler,
盖尔先生和泰勒小姐的关系
but I'm sure I can speak for Ian and all of Galeforce
但我确定我可以代表伊恩和整个盖尔集团
in expressing our shock and sadness at this horrible news.
表达对这个噩耗的震惊和悲痛
We'd like to hear Mr. Gale express
我们想听盖尔先生
his shock and sadness himself.
亲自表达他的震惊和悲痛
And we already have a pretty good sense
而且我们已经差不多了解了
of the nature of the relationship.
他们的关系
What we would like to ask Mr. Gale is
我们想问问盖尔先生
how the relationship ended.
他们的关系是如何结束的
Lover's quarrel?
情人间的争吵
Did Miss Tyler threaten to go public? Tell his wife?
泰勒小姐威胁要公诸于众,告诉他妻子
Was she no longer satisfied being the other woman?
她不再满足于当第三者了吗
Mr. Gale is unavailable,
盖尔先生不方便见人
and I can assure you, he had nothing to do with her death.
而且我可以保证,他跟她的死无关
How would you know that without asking him?
你不问问他怎么知道
He's in Kuala Lumpur.
他在吉隆坡
He has been for over a month.
他已经去了一个多月
Here.
看这个
This was recorded about 12 hours ago
这是大概12小时前
by a local Malaysian news channel.
一个马来西亚当地新闻频道拍的
He's there overseeing the plans
他在那里监督
for the new chip assembly plant.
新的芯片装配厂的方案
Should I bother asking how long a flight is
我能问问从纽约飞到吉隆坡
from New York to Kuala Lumpur?
要用多长时间吗
It's about a day.
大概要用一天
Well, that is quite a compelling alibi.
真是确凿的不在场证明
Except the man in that video is not Ian Gale.
只不过录像里的人不是伊恩·盖尔
Excuse me?
你说什么
You've hired a stand-in, a look-alike.
你们雇了一个长得像他的替身
Politicians and tyrants have been doing it
政治家和暴君从摄像机出现
for as long as there have been cameras,so,
就开始这么干了
why shouldn't CEOs join the club?
为什么总裁不能这么干呢
A search for the make and year of the SUV
对视频中那辆越野车的
in that video yields a vehicle height
外观和出厂时间的搜索显示
of precisely six foot, four inches.
它的高度是六英尺四英寸
The man who climbed into it
爬进车里的那个人
was a good five inches shorter than the roof.
比车顶要矮五英寸
The real Ian Gale
真正的伊恩·盖尔
is an impressive six foot, one.
是个身高六尺一的大个子
It's a magnificent device.
这确实是个神奇的设备
I would thank Mr. Gale himself if he were here, but he's not.
如果盖尔先生在这我会谢谢他,但他不在
Since he's not, why don't you tell us?
既然他不在,为什么你不告诉我们呢
Did he murder Haley Tyler himself,
是他自己杀了海莉·泰勒
or did the company hire someone to do that for him, too?
还是公司雇人替他做的
This meeting is over.
这次会面到此为止
Hello?
你好
Good morning, Joan. It's Mycroft.
早上好,乔恩,我是麦考夫
Did I wake you?
我吵到你了吗
Um... A little. Is everything okay?
有一点,有什么事吗
Well,
好吧
the reason I'm calling so early is,
我这么早打电话是因为
I was wondering, is everything okay with Sherlock?
我想知道,夏洛克没什么事吧
Why do you ask?
为什么这么问
Well, he was supposed to meet me here
他本来应该昨晚在饭店
at the restaurant last night. He never showed.
跟我见面的,但他没有出现
I've tried his cell a few times, no answer.
我给他打了很多次电话,都没人接
I was just a bit concerned.
我就有点担心了
Well, we were up pretty late
我们昨晚熬到很晚
trying to locate a missing billionaire.
试着寻找那位失踪的亿万富翁
He was still at it when I went to bed.
在我去睡觉时他仍然在忙这事
Did you know this is the third time he's stood me up?
这已经是他第三次放我鸽子了
Have you met your brother?
你还不了解你的弟弟吗
Well, this is my last available night before I go,
这是我回去前最后一个有空的晚上了
so, if you wouldn't mind...
所以,如果你不介意的话...
I will make sure he is there.
我会确保他去的
Good morning.
早上好
Yup.
Oh. I take it the search for Ian Gale is still on?
那就是还在找伊恩·盖尔的意思喽
Any progress?
有什么进展吗
Of a sort. Establishment of facts,
有一点,确定了一些事实
elimination of places he is not.
排除了他不会出现的地方
He has not, for example, been seen at his office or any
比如说,他已经有大概六周没有
of his known residences for perhaps as long as six weeks.
在他的办公室或其它住所被见过了
I also reviewed other,
我也排查了其它
ostensible public appearances of his
他在国外时可能被公众
during his trip abroad, and I have confirmed
见到的场合,我已经确定
it was the stand-in every time.
每次出现的都是替身
Whatever events precipitated Miss Tyler's death,
不管是什么促成了泰勒小姐的死亡
it seems that Ian Gale and his company
看起来伊恩·盖尔和他的公司
have been preparing for some time.
已经准备了一段时间了
I still don't get it.
我还是不明白
I mean, why would one of the biggest corporations
为什么世界上最大的公司之一
on the planet help its CEO commit and cover up a murder?
会帮助它的总裁掩盖谋杀呢
Well, I'll wager that the answer
我打赌事情的答案
will ultimately boil down to "Money."
最终会归结于"金钱"
In the meantime, I've found cause for optimism
同时,我找到了乐观地认为
that Gale might still be in New York.
盖尔可能还在纽约的原因
His private jet came straight back here
他的私人飞机在把冒牌货送到马来西亚
after depositing the imposter in Malaysia.
以后就直接回到了这里
Hasn't been used since.
然后再也没被使用过
I put out feelers to some of my contacts
我已经让我在纽约最好酒店的
at New York's finest hotels.
耳目们留意了
I've also advised the police to surveil the homes
我也建议警方去调查一下
of some of his closest friends. Any luck,
他那些密友的家,运气好的话
we'll be able to pose those questions to the man himself.
我们可以直接问他那些问题了
You didn't tell me that you were
你没告诉我你昨晚本来
supposed to have dinner with Mycroft last night.
应该和麦考夫吃晚饭的
Was I supposed to? Well, he called me this morning--
我和他有约吗,他今早打给我
he was worried about you.
他很担心你
He wants to try again tonight.
他今晚还会等你
Well, if we manage to bring Haley Tyler's killer to justice today,
如果我们今天能将海莉·泰勒的凶手
then I'll be more than happy to accommodate him.
绳之以法,那我会很高兴地去见他
And if we don't, just try
如果我们不能的话,试着
and remember that you have a partner now.
记得你现在有一位搭档了
So, I can still
所以,我可以
work the case while you have dinner, right?
在你晚餐的时候跟进这个案子,对吧
Unfortunately, the balancing act which you prescribe
不幸的是,你规定的平衡法则
may prove unnecessary-- it seems that
可能是没必要的,看起来
finding Ian Gale may not be as challenging as I had thought.
找到伊恩·盖尔好像没我想的那么难
The entire floor of this hotel
在过去的一个月里这家酒店的
has been booked solid for the past month
一整层都被预定在
under the name Frank Beaufort.
弗兰克·博福特的名下
It's a rather sloppy alias, if you ask me.
要我说的话,这是个很少见的化名
Sir Francis Beaufort was a 19th-century
弗朗西斯·博福特爵士是十九世纪的一位
Irish naval officer who devised the system
爱尔兰海军长官,他设计了我们
by which we measure wind speeds at sea.
用来在海上测风速的系统
Including "Gale force"? Hmm.
包括"盖尔力量(烈风)"吗,嗯
Unless I'm off my mark,
除非我判断失误
Mr. Gale has reserved the floor to himself
不然就是盖尔先生自己预订了这一层
to avoid prying eyes.
来躲避公众
And what makes you think he's just gonna
那你为什么认为他会乖乖
open his door for us?
开门见我们呢
One keycard to access every room
这张门卡可以进入那层的
on the aforementioned floor, courtesy of my contact here.
每一个房间,感谢我在这儿的耳目
Do I even want to know? He's a chef in the hotel restaurant.
我需要知道那个吗,他是酒店的厨师
He has rather exotic tastes.
他的手艺很有异国风情
The package contains half a pound of Swedish moose cheese,
他的菜单包括半磅的瑞典麋鹿芝士
one of the rarest and most expensive cheeses in the world,
世界上最稀有和昂贵的芝士之一
produced only three times a year by a single farm
只在西博滕镇的一家农场里
in the county of Vasterbotten.
一年生产三次
I did the owners a favor once, and they keep me in fresh supply.
我曾帮过老板,所以他们给我新鲜的芝士
This is one of those "so many questions" moments.
这是那些"想问好多问题"的时刻之一
Why only three times a year? Well, I'm not sure.
为什么一年只有三次,我不确定
Having never milked a moose,
从来没给麋鹿挤过奶
I imagine one must catch it in the right mood.
我猜只有在它心情好时才行
I don't know how you got up here,
我不知道你们是怎么上来的
but this is a private floor.
但这里是私人楼层
Yeah, it's a bit too private, actually.
对,事实上有点过于私人了
Sherlock Holmes. Joan Watson.
我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯,这位是乔恩·华生
We're consulting detectives. Hotel security asked us
我们是顾问侦探,酒店保安让我们
to come upstairs, have a look around.
上来到处看一看
Hotel security did not send you.
酒店保安没有派你们来
Thank you for confirming that you are not them.
谢谢你确认你们不是酒店保安
You're in the private employ of
你们受雇于伊恩·盖尔
Ian Gale or his company, are you not?
或者他的公司,对吧
Well, you might not know this, so I consider it only fair
你们可能还不知道,所以我觉得还是
to inform you that you're protecting a suspected murderer.
让你们知道你们是在保护谋杀嫌疑人公平些
If you continue to protect him by the time the police arrive,
如果在警察来的时候你们还在保护他
you will in all likelihood be charged with obstruction.
你们就很有可能被起诉妨碍司法
You say your name was Holmes? I did.
你说你叫福尔摩斯,是的
Mr. Holmes,
福尔摩斯先生
Miss Watson, come in.
华生小姐,请进
This is my wife, Natalie.
这位是我妻子,娜塔莉
My attorneys made me aware of your...
我的律师跟我说了你们的...
inquiries.
调查
You've got it all wrong.
你们全弄错了
I'm not hiding because I committed some crime.
我藏起来不是因为犯了罪
I'm hiding because I'm...
我藏起来是因为
under the weather.
我身体不好
This is why your company sent a decoy to Malaysia--
所以公司才派人假扮你出现在马来西亚
word of your condition would cause shareholder panic.
你身体不好的消息传出去会造成股东惊慌
Stocks would plummet.
股票会大跌
The board needed time to prepare a transition.
董事会需要时间安排交接
And your relationship to Haley Tyler?
你跟海莉·泰勒是什么关系
Also not what you think.
也不是你们想的那样
She wasn't my mistress.
她不是我的情人
She was my daughter.
她是我女儿
Are you saying you're in need of a heart transplant?
你是说你需要心脏移植
It saying he already had one about a month ago.
这写着他一个月前已经做过心脏移植
but his body is rejecting the new heart. According to this,
但他的身体排斥新心脏,根据记录显示
everything was going fine for the first couple of weeks,
头几周状况良好
and then the antirejection drugs stopped working.
但接着抗排斥药物就不起作用了
He's on corticosteroids, cyclosporine--
他现在使用的是皮质类固醇和环孢霉素
but... his body is producing too many antibodies.
但他身体产生了太多抗体
There's only so much the drugs can do.
药物起的作用也有限
In layman's terms, I'm, uh...
用外行的说法就是,我...
I'm too much of a fighter for my own good.
我身体的斗志太过高昂
He is on every donor list.
我们已经登记了所有的器官受赠名单
But there is no guarantee that another heart
但下一个心脏能否来得及
will become available in time.
都难保证
You also have Kell-null blood; that is very rare.
你居然是熊猫血,太少见了
You would have needed a directed donor for blood transfusions.
你需要一个指定供体为你输血
That's why your daughter came in from Texas,
所以你女儿从德克萨斯过来了
right, she had the same blood type?
对吗,因为她和你血型一致
I read your autobiography last night.
我昨晚读了你的自传
In it, you failed to mention that you have a daughter.
你并没有提及你有女儿这件事
May I assume it was because she is the result of...
我可以推断她是你的一次不检点行为
an indiscretion?
而产生的后果吗
One-night stand...
是我遇见娜塔莉几年前的
years before I met Natalie.
一次一夜情
I was a bit full of myself back then.
我那时候比较狂妄自大
It was the mid-'80s.
那是80年代中期
Computers were... changing the world,
电脑的出现改变了世界
and my face was on the cover of every mag...
我出现在各种杂志
every magazine. You were worried
杂志封面上,你担心
that an illegitimate child might affect your... "Legacy."
一个私生子会影响你的"遗产"
I paid her mother $2 million to disappear.
我付了2百万美元,让她妈妈消失
So, fast-forward to several months ago.
那么,快速倒带到几个月前
You find out that you need a blood donor,
你发现自己需要一个献血者
and you realize that your estranged daughter
然后你意识到你从未联系过的女儿
may well be a likely match, so...
可能和你的血型相配,所以
it suddenly becomes expedient to reconcile.
和好就变成了有利选择
Haley volunteered to donate the blood.
海莉是自愿献血的
That's the reason she came to New York.
这是她来纽约的原因
I'm confused.
我糊涂了
How did she find out he's in need
如果你们这么努力隐瞒他的身体状况
if you're working so hard to keep this a secret?
她是怎么发现他需要献血的
At what point did she even find out
又是何时她甚至发现
that Ian Gale is her father?
伊恩·盖尔是她的父亲了
When Ian found out that he needed a transplant,
当伊恩发现他需要器官移植的时候
he wanted to make up for the past.
他想要为过去做些补偿
So he wanted to bring Haley back into his life
所以他想让海莉回到他的生活中
to have a relationship with her,
履行他做父亲的义务
in case... In case it was my last chance.
以防,以防这最后的机会都没了
When we heard what had happened yesterday,
当我们听到昨天发生的事时
we knew we should... we should have said something.
我们觉得应该说点什么
Admitting your connection to Haley
承认你与海莉的关系
would mean revealing your condition.
就意味着暴露你现在的状况
I'm ashamed.
我很羞愧
But now...
但现在
I don't care how it affects the company.
我不在乎公司会不会受影响
I'll give you any help you want.
我会全力帮助你
Just find the person that killed my daughter.
请抓到杀害我女儿的凶手
Well, thanks to you two, the Gales are cooperating fully.
多亏你们两个,盖尔集团答应全力配合
They got any and all of their people
他们调出了在过去几天
that were in Haley Tyler's apartment the last few days
所有进入过海莉·泰勒公寓的人的名单
to provide elimination prints.
进行指纹排除
Any of the prints remain unspoken for?
有没比对上的指纹吗
So far, just one set,
到目前为止,只有一对
and it isn't in our system, either.
但也不在我们的系统中
We got the Feds checking their database,
我们让联调局检查一下他们的数据库
but it might take a while to get some answers.
但可能要花点时间才能有结果
Well, the killer's probably gonna turn out to be
凶手应该是海莉
someone that Haley knew, right?
认识的人,对吧
I mean, there were no signs of a break-in.
我是说,现场没有闯入的痕迹
I'll let you know if anything turns up.
有消息随时通知你们
Dr. Hawes from the morgue.
太平间霍斯医生的短信
I asked him to notify us when he finished examining Haley Tyler.
我让他尸检完就通知我们一声
He says there doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary,
他说没什么反常的地方
but we might as well see for ourselves.
但我们还是自己看看比较好
You want to go to the morgue?
你要去太平间吗
Is that a problem?
有问题吗
You were supposed to meet Mycroft at Diogenes.
你不是应该去第欧根尼见麦考夫吗
I'm working. So take a break.
我在工作,那就休息一下啊
A break? It's the last night he can do it.
休息,他只有今晚有时间
He may not be back for a while.
然后有一段时间他都不会再回来
We should be so lucky. Just go.
那是我们的幸运,你就去吧
Okay, I will go to the morgue.
我会去太平间
I will call you if I find anything.
如果有发现我会打给你的
Partner, remember? I can cover for you.
我们是搭档吧,这些我能帮你做
You must by now be aware of my opinions regarding food.
你应该记得我对食物的看法吧
My wants in life are simple:
我的生活所需非常简单
a loaf of bread and a clean collar.
一条面包和干净的衣领
The ritualization- slash-fetishization of eating
将饮食仪式化或者恋物化
is as egregious a waste of time as I can think of.
对我来说是时间上的巨大浪费
Well, I'll try and remember that while I'm enjoying my dinner.
在我享受晚餐时我会试着记住你的看法
I see here that you ruled a stab wound as the official cause of death.
我看到你说刺伤是死亡原因
The knife severed the abdominal aorta.
那一刀切断了腹部主动脉
She'd have bled to death internally in a matter of seconds,
只要几秒钟她就会因内出血而死
whether she fell from the terrace or not.
不管她有没有从阳台掉下来
So Sherlock was probably right--
所以夏洛克很可能是对的
the fall was not part of the plan.
坠楼并非计划的一部分
Killer knew right where to put the knife, though.
但是杀手很清楚把刀往哪里捅
Single entry, avoided the rib cage,
一刀毙命,避开了肋骨
killed her fast.
干净利落
You think it was someone with a medical background?
你认为杀手有医学背景吗
The alternative's dumb luck.
否则就是纯属碰巧了
But, hey, dumb luck happens sometimes.
不过碰巧的事也不少见
Didn't know you were gonna be here.
我不知道你也在这儿
This is Maureen Tyler,
这位是莫林·泰勒
Haley's mom. This is Joan Watson.
海莉的妈妈,这位是乔恩·华生
She consults for the NYPD.
她是纽约警察局的顾问
I'm so sorry for your loss.
很遗憾你失去了亲人
Thank you.
谢谢你
Now, you sure you want to do this?
你确定要这么做吗
Would you believe the last conversation
你们相信吗,我最后一次跟她说话
I had with her was an argument?
竟然是跟她吵架
Is that when she found out that Ian was her father?
是在她发现伊恩是她父亲的时候吗
She was upset.
她很郁闷
Mostly with me.
主要是因为我
Ian didn't care about her until...
伊恩没有关心过她,直到...
he realized he needed her.
他发现自己需要她
I take it you didn't want her helping him.
那你是不想让她帮他吗
I didn't try to stop her from giving blood.
我并不打算阻止她献血
I didn't hate him that much.
我还没有那么恨他
I just didn't think she should come to New York.
我只是不想让她来纽约
I knew it would end badly.
我知道一定不会有好结果的
Mrs. Tyler...
泰勒太太
I promise you, we're gonna do everything in our power
我向你保证,我们一定竭尽全力
to find the person who did this to her.
找出对你女儿下此毒手的人
You don't have to look very far.
你们不必到处找
I know exactly who killed her.
我知道是谁杀了她
Now, tell me that wasn't more satisfying
这难道不比拿棍子比试一场
than a bout of singlestick.
更让人满足吗
Just because I tend to forego epicurean pleasures,
虽然我愿意放弃享乐
it doesn't mean I can't appreciate them.
但并不代表我不懂享乐
It was exquisite.
晚餐很可口
Thank you.
谢谢你
Look, I know you're keen to go back to the station,
我知道你想赶紧回警察局
but before you do,
但在回去之前
there was something I wanted to give you.
我有些东西要给你
The keys to 221B.
221B的钥匙
My 221B?
我的221B吗
I had my things moved while I was here in New York.
我来纽约的时候把我的东西搬走了
Found a little place in Kensington.
在肯辛顿找了个小房子
And besides, it was never anything more than your home.
而且,那里一直都更像是你的家
You belong there, not me.
你属于那里,我不属于
Well, I appreciate the gesture,
谢谢你的好意
but I live here now.
但现在我生活在这里了
Permanently?
永远吗
I haven't decided.
我还没决定
Mmm, does that surprise you?
怎么,让你很惊讶吗
Well, London wasn't just your home,
伦敦可不只是你的家
Sherlock, it was your passion.
夏洛克,那里还是你的激情所在
Well, I have many passions.
我有很多种激情
Work being first amongst them.
工作是其中最重要的
And speaking of work...
说到工作
Look, I-I didn't want to get into this,
我本来不想把话说到这一步
but it seems I have no choice.
但是看来我别无选择
I... I spoke with Father a couple of nights ago.
几天前,我跟父亲谈了一次
He's quite...
他对于你...
perturbed you're still living here.
还在这里感到非常恼火
What? I know he wasn't the most demonstrative,
什么,我知道他不善于表达情感
but he was quite proud of the work you did at Scotland Yard,
但是他对你在苏格兰场的工作感到很骄傲
and he'd imagined that once you completed your rehabilitation,
他认为一旦你完全康复之后
you'd return to England,
你会回到英国
maybe even show a little... gratitude.
甚至可能怀有一点,感激
Early-onset dementia is so sad.
早发型老年痴呆真是可怜
Look, I know you two have had your problems,
我知道你们俩之间有不少问题
but he's been good to you these past few years, Sherlock--
但他这些年对你不错,夏洛克
he literally picked you up off the street.
他把你从街上捡回去
He got you clean. He paired you with Joan.
让你戒了瘾,给你找来了乔恩
He helped me because he was embarrassed by what I'd become.
他帮我是因为我那时候让他丢脸了
Well, whatever his reasons, he's grown unhappy.
不管他有什么理由,他现在开始不满了
I'm worried he's going to cut you off.
我担心他会断了你的生活费
He reminded me he owns the building you currently reside in.
他提醒我说你现在住的房子是他的
He plans to evict me?
他打算把我扫地出门吗
He also reminded me he has discretionary control over your trust fund.
他还告诉我说他掌控着你的信托基金
I've only ever touched that money to pay Watson her salary.
我只用那笔钱付过华生的薪水
It doesn't change the fact that you are, in your own way,
但是那改变不了事实,你在某种程度上
still dependant on him, Sherlock.
还是得依靠他,夏洛克
Well, he can have the bloody building.
行,那他把房子收回去吧
And the money. I'll live in a cardboard box if I have to.
还有钱,大不了我就去住纸板箱
This isn't about you anymore, Sherlock.
这已经不只是关系到你了,夏洛克
If it was, I wouldn't have broached the subject.
如果是那样,我根本就不会说这些话
But for the first time in your life,
但在你人生中第一次
you're making decisions for two people.
你要为两个人做决定
Joan may be your partner,
乔恩也许是你的搭档
but it's father's roof over her head,
但她也在父亲的屋檐下
it's his money that lines her pockets.
是他在掏钱付她薪水
Now, if you want to tell him to sod off, that's your prerogative.
如果你想让他滚开,那是你的权利
But as someone who cares for you, and for Joan,
但是作为关心你和乔恩的人
I beg you, think about how your decision might affect her.
我请求你想想你的决定对她会有什么影响
We met with Haley's mother earlier tonight.
今晚早些时候,我们见到了海莉的母亲
She came to New York?
她来纽约了吗
Well... I-I guess I shouldn't be too surprised
我觉得她没联系我们
she didn't reach out.
我不应该太惊讶
I know she was opposed to Haley coming here.
我知道她反对海莉来这里
Well, she mentioned that shortly after Haley arrived in New York,
她提到就在海莉来纽约之后不久
your husband changed his will to include her.
你的丈夫更改了遗嘱,将她加了进去
We talked about it. We thought it was the right thing to do.
我们谈过了,我们认为这是正确的
Now, Mrs. Tyler was under the impression it was a lot of money.
在泰勒夫人的印象中,那可是一大笔钱
As in a number followed by seven zeroes.
有八位数
That's right.
对的
She was also under the impression that it was money
她还记得,钱本来
that would've otherwise gone to you.
是要给你的
Yes, the will was changed,
是的,遗嘱改了
and yes, the money allotted to Haley
分配给海莉的钱
would technically have been mine.
本来应该是我的
We spoke to some people at the hotel
我们跟你和伊恩下榻的酒店
where you and Ian have been staying.
里的人谈过了
They told us that you went out yesterday morning.
他们告诉我们你昨天早上出去了
You left around 7:30 a.m.,
你在早上七点半左右离开
and you returned around 9:30 a.m..
九点半左右返回
We know that Haley was killed a little after 8:00.
我们知道海莉是在刚过八点时被杀害的
I did go out for a couple of hours yesterday.
我昨天是出去了几个小时
I went for a walk after sitting at my husband's bedside
我坐在丈夫床边整整一夜了
all night long.
就出去走动一下
I left my phone
我没带手机
and I went to the park and I sat on a bench.
我去了公园,坐在一把长椅上
And no one can confirm your story?
没人能证明你的故事吗
It's not a story.
这不是故事
I noticed your ease with medical terms when we met yesterday.
昨天见面时我注意到你很熟悉医学词汇
I assumed you picked it up from being around all those doctors,
我原以为你是从身边的医生们那里学到的
but then I checked -- you were a doctor yourself, weren't you?
不过之后我查了,你以前就是医生,对吗
A pediatric surgeon.
小儿外科医生
You retired a few years ago.
你在几年前退休了
So? So, whoever killed Haley
所以呢,所以杀了海莉的人
knew exactly where to find her abdominal aorta.
准确地知道她的腹部主动脉在哪里
There was a precision to the attack that one might call surgical.
这次袭击的精确度足以被称为外科手术
Okay, a couple of things.
好吧,让我说两句
I am going to call my attorney.
我要给我的律师打电话
In fact, I am going to call all of my attorneys.
事实上,我要给我所有的律师打电话
Not because I think I need their help,
不是因为我需要他们的帮助
but because I want them to be ready
而是要让他们准备好
to bring a lawsuit against this department
如果你公开以上任何指控的话
if you take any of these accusations public.
我就对当局提起法律诉讼
You are positing that I killed Haley
你断定是我杀害了海莉
because she was assigned a portion of my inheritance.
因为属于我的一部分遗产分给她了
There is just one problem.
只是有一个问题
Giving her that 20% was my idea.
把那20%给她可是我的主意
I love my husband.
我爱我的丈夫
He was too proud to reach out to Haley at first,
他太高傲了,起初不愿联系海莉
and so I convinced him.
所以我说服了他
So if all I cared about was the will,
如果我关心的只是遗嘱
why would I have done that?
我为什么还要这么做
Why wouldn't I have just let it alone
为什么我没有撒手不管
and let Ian take his chances?
让伊恩自生自灭
I'm assuming your husband can verify all this?
你的丈夫可以证实这些吗
He can.
可以
He can also verify that there is language in the will
他也可以证实遗嘱中有写明
that guarantees Haley's share goes to her mother
如果海莉在她母亲之前去世
in the event that she predeceases her.
她的那份遗产将由她母亲继承
Haley's death didn't change anything for me.
海莉的死对我毫无影响
Maureen might have been able to tell you that
莫林也许可以告诉你们的
if she had supported Haley's decision
如果她当初是支持
instead of condemning it.
而不是谴责海莉的决定
I'd sooner die.
我宁愿死
So, it's official.
这是正式的了
The Gales are no longer cooperating with the NYPD.
盖尔集团将不再与纽约警署合作
They gave a copy of Ian's will to Captain Gregson
他们把伊恩遗嘱的复印件给了格雷森警监
and it confirmed everything that Natalie said last night.
里面证实了娜塔莉昨晚说的所有事情
Okay, so now you can say it.
你现在可以说出来了
Say what? I blew it.
说什么,我搞砸了
You confronted a suspect
你与嫌疑人对质
who had strong answers to your questions.
她强有力地回答了你的问题
Doesn't mean you were wrong about her.
这不意味着你就是错的
Natalie Gale had no motive to want Haley dead.
娜塔莉·盖尔没有杀害海莉的动机
Haley wasn't even in their lives
直到她把海莉带到这里之前
until she brought her here.
她和他们都没有交集
Why would Natalie incite a reunion,
为什么娜塔莉要极力促成团圆
tell Ian to put her in the will
告诉伊恩将她写在遗嘱内
only to turn around and kill her?
只是为了转身杀掉她吗
Detective, I hear it was a discouraging morning.
警探,我听说这是一个令人沮丧的早晨
Yeah, I've had better.
是很糟糕
But it's looking up.
不过情况有所好转
Finally got a match on the one set of prints
终于找到与海莉·泰勒公寓里
in Haley Tyler's apartment we couldn't identify.
那份无法辨别的指纹相符的记录了
Ray McKibben of Mineral Wells, Texas.
德克萨斯州矿泉井的雷·麦吉本
Has an outstanding warrant for assault in El Paso.
他在艾尔帕索有一份未执行的通缉令
I just sent you his sheet.
我刚给你发了他的照片
Now, I ran the name past Haley's mother.
我向海莉的母亲提及了这个名字
She said Ray was Haley's on-again, off-again boyfriend.
她说雷是海莉分分合合的男友
She had no idea he was in New York.
她不知道他在纽约
Far as she knew, they'd split up.
据她所知,他们分手了
The cops in Mineral Wells are checking with his usual running buddies,
矿泉井的警察正在调查他的狐朋狗友
but he hasn't turned up yet.
但是他还没有现身
Maybe he's still in New York?
也许他还在纽约
I put a BOLO out on the guy.
我已发出全国通缉令追捕他
I'll let you know if we get any hits.
一有消息我就告诉你
When Haley found out she was a billionaire's daughter,
我猜当海莉发现她是亿万富翁的女儿时
I'm guessing Mr. On-Again/Off-Again
她那分分合合的男友
would've been a lot more on again.
会想跟她再次和好的
Obviously he joined her here.
很明显,他来这里找她了
Too bad the only thing we know is where he isn't.
太糟糕了,我们知道的只有他不在哪里
Well, that's not true.
其实不然
We also know where he's been.
我们还知道他去过哪里
I'm not seeing any signs that Ray spent a lot of time here.
我看不出任何雷在这里待过很久的迹象
We know that Haley had not told her mother
我们知道海莉还没告诉她的母亲
she'd reconnected with a violent offender,
她与一个暴力的罪犯和好了
so it's quite possible she was keeping his presence
所以有可能
a secret from the Gales as well.
她也向盖尔隐瞒了他的出现
So, how was your dinner with Mycroft last night?
昨晚你与麦考夫的晚餐如何啊
What if I told you
如果我告诉你
we could no longer reside in the Brownstone?
我们不能再住在褐石屋了会怎样
What? And what if I told you that in order to pay your salary,
什么,如果我告诉你为了付你工资
we'd need to take on more cases that actually paid?
我们得接一些能挣钱的案子会怎样
Where is this coming from?
这从何说起
My father.
我父亲
Mycroft tells me he is displeased
麦考夫跟我说他不太高兴
and he wants me back in London.
而且他想让我回伦敦
Why does he want you back in London?
他为什么想让你回伦敦
I don't think he does.
我觉得他不想
Not really.
不太想
But it might take him months, if not years,
但是他恐怕得用几个月甚至几年
before he realizes that.
才能意识到这一点
The man is as mercurial a character
你从没见过像他这样
as you will ever encounter.
善变的人
Mycroft says he means to cut me off.
麦考夫说他不会再给我钱了
I didn't realize
我之前不知道
that you were paying me with his money.
你在用他的钱付我工资
Well, I wasn't.
我没有
Not for a good long while.
很长时间没这么做了
But over the last few months, I've been compelled
但是过去的这几个月,我被迫
to dip into a fund that he maintains.
动用了他管理的一个基金
Haven't taken on a paying client in quite some time.
我已经很久没接过付钱的客户了
I've been approached on numerous occasions,
当然,很多人找过我
of course, but...
不过
the interest has never been mutual.
我从来没有从中获利
I prefer the work we come by through the NYPD,
我喜欢跟纽约警局的人一起工作
as I believe do you.
我相信你也是
There is, as there so often is when dealing with the devil,
不过跟坏人打交道的时候,总会有
an alternative.
别的选择
We both move to London.
我们一起去伦敦吧
What are you saying?
你说什么
I told Mycroft I made certain promises to you
我跟麦考夫说,在咱俩搭档的时候
when I took you on as my partner.
我对你许下过承诺
I made it very clear I would not break those promises.
我说得很明白我不能言而无信
He said that it was his strong suspicion that father
他说父亲很有可能会在伦敦
would continue to gift us his support in London.
继续为我们的工作提供经济支持
We would in all likelihood take on work at Scotland Yard.
所以我们在苏格兰场可以像现在一样工作
You could continue, if not maybe,
或许,你还可以继续
complete your education there.
在那完成你的学习
Is that what you want?
这是你想要的结果吗
What I want is irrelevant.
我想要什么没关系
Pretty sure it's not.
很有关系
I was very pleased to return to London a few months ago.
几个月前我会很愿意回伦敦
Not just because it is unquestionably
不仅因为伦敦是世界上
the greatest and most cultured city on the planet,
最伟大,最有文化气息的城市
but because it made me appreciate what I have here.
而且因为它让我感恩我在这里所拥有的
I've got a support system--
有很多人帮助我
you...
Captain Gregson.
格雷森警监
Even Detective Bell.
甚至是贝尔警探
I feel that I have thrived here, not because of who I am,
我觉得在这里很好,不是因为我是谁
but because of who I have come to know.
而是因为我成为了一个怎样的人
I don't really wish to give that up
在我准备好之前,我不想
until I'm ready.
放弃这一切
Your turn.
该你说了
I've never met your father, not face-to-face.
我从来没有面对面见过你父亲
All I know is that he got you help when you needed it.
我只知道他在你需要帮助的时候帮了你
But screw him.
但是管他的呢
We can find a new place to live.
我们可以找到一个新的住处
Do you think the TV is going to tell us
你觉得电视会告诉我们
how to find Ray McKibben? TV? No, no.
怎么找到雷·麦吉本吗,电视,不
The DVR, on the other hand...
但是数字视频录像机的话...
Televisions are idiot boxes.
电视机就是个傻乎乎的盒子
DVRs are idiots' helpers.
录像机是傻子的帮手
We are the idiots.
而我们就是傻子
We quite willingly give them a part of ourselves,
我们十分乐意把我们的情况告诉它们
we teach them our tastes, our preferences,
我们的品味,我们的喜好
just so that they will know which programs to record.
这样它们就知道该录些什么节目了
Never once stopping to consider the fact
但从没人想到过
that our selections can be used to profile us.
我们的选择可以反映出我们的信息
And how is Haley's profile going to...
海莉的信息怎么能帮助我们
Someone programmed this DVR
有人设置了这台录像机
to record a series about horse racing
录了很多赛马的节目
called The Winner's Circle.
叫"冠军圈"
The episodes have been piling up
自从海莉被谋杀后
since the day Haley was murdered.
这些剧集都没人看过
And yet all of her cosmetics, all of them,
但她所有的化妆品
are cruelty-free.
都是无刺激性的
Seems a little incongruous, don't you think,
似乎有点不协调,你不觉得吗
someone with such principled buying habits
一个有严格购买习惯的人
would favor a sport known for its harsh treatment of animals?
会喜欢对待动物很残酷的节目吗
So you think Ray is the one who's been watching these shows?
所以你觉得是雷在看这些节目
According to the program's description, The Winner's Circle
根据这个节目的介绍,冠军圈
caters to the betting man via in-depth analysis
适合那些喜欢对即将到来的比赛
of upcoming races.
做深层分析的赌徒观众
Four days ago,someone set the DVR
四天前,有人设置了录像机
to record the Thoroughbred Cup Challenge
来录"纯种马杯挑战赛"
2:00 P.M. Today.
今天下午两点开始
Given Mr. McKibben's arrest warrants,
鉴于麦吉本先生的逮捕令已经发出了
I think it highly unlikely that he would be willing
我想他肯定不会愿意
to enter the personal information needed
输入个人信息
to open an online betting account.
来打开他的在线赌博账户
So, if he's in New York and he wants to place a wager,
所以,如果他在纽约,而且想要下注
he would have to do it in person at a track.
他就得亲自到赛马场去
My horse finally literally comes in
我的马终于赢了一次
and you guys arrest me.
而你们却逮捕了我
I feel for you, Ray. I do.
深表同情,雷,真的
You've had a rough week, but...
你这一周过得不好,但是
not nearly as rough as your girlfriend.
你的女朋友更惨
I already told you, I didn't have anything to do with that.
我已经说过了,我跟那事没关系
Do yourself a favor, Ray.
就算帮你自己,雷
Tell us the truth--
告诉我们实话
did you two have a fight?
你俩有没有吵架
I wasn't even there the morning she died.
她遇害那天早上我都不在
Okay? I was out.
好吗,我出去了
I came back, I saw the blood on the floor and Haley was gone.
回来就看到地上的血,海莉也不在
At which point your sense of civic duty kicks in,
这时你的内心涌出了公民义务感
you rush to the phone, you call the authorities to report
于是拿起电话报警
that your girlfriend may have become the victim of foul play.
说你女朋友可能是暴力犯罪的受害人
I didn't know what happened to her; all I knew
我不知道她出了什么事,我只知道
was that nobody was going to believe me
如果我说不是我干的
when I said it wasn't me.
根本没人会信
If you weren't in Haley's apartment
如果她遇害时
when she died, where were you?
你不在公寓,那你在哪
She was sick.
她病了
She had been for a couple of weeks.
都有两周了
The flu... or something.
可能是流感之类的
The night before, she ran out of medicine
前一天晚上,她的药吃完了
so I went down to the pharmacy to get some more.
所以我下楼去药店买药
She had the flu?
她得流感了
Yeah, her body ached all over.
是的,她浑身都疼
She was burning up, like 102.
都快烧到39度了
And you said she had been like that for two weeks?
你说她这样都两周了
That's when it started, yeah.
是啊
At first it was just, you know, fatigue,
起初只是疲劳
but then, a couple of days ago,
但几天后
she started having trouble keeping food down
她就食不下咽
and her fever got really bad.
还发高烧
I'm guessing you can give us
你可以告诉我们
the address of this pharmacy.
药店的地址吧
Eighth Street and Kent.
第八大街和肯特街的路口
They got to have cameras, right?
药店有摄像头的,对吧
Check 'em, you'll see I'm telling the truth.
你们去查,就会知道我说的是实话
I wasn't anywhere near Haley when she got killed.
海莉遇害时我根本不在
You gonna make me ask?
你要逼我问出口吗
Miss Tyler's alleged flu-- it troubles you.
泰勒女士所谓的流感,让你很烦恼
When I looked at Ian Gale's medical file the other day,
我那天查伊恩·盖尔的病历时
I saw that Haley donated blood just over a week ago,
看到海莉一周前才献过血
but if she had a flu or was fighting an infection,
但如果她得了流感或其他传染病
she wouldn't have been allowed.
她应该没法献血的
She may not have mentioned it.
也许她隐瞒了病情呢
No, if she was as sick as Ray said she was,
不,如果她像雷说的病得那么厉害
someone would have noticed.
肯定有人会注意到的
Well, not everyone is as observant as you and I.
并非每个人都跟你我一样善于观察
But, given our strongest suspect
但鉴于我们最可疑的嫌犯
may have just alibied himself,
也许提供了确凿的不在场证明
I think it warrants further investigation.
这案子应该还要继续查下去
Yeah, you were right.
没错
Miss Tyler donated one unit exactly eight days ago.
泰勒女士八天前献了一单位的血
Was there any mention of her having the flu?
记录中提到她得流感了吗
No.
没有
Would it be possible for me to speak
能让我跟采血的人
to the person who actually took her blood?
直接对话吗
Actually you are.
我就是
And she didn't seem sick to you?
你觉得她没病吗
She was fine.
她挺健康的
Even joked with me about "topping off" the bag.
还跟我开玩笑"手动装满"血袋
She was a sweet kid.
真是个好孩子
So, according to the lab tech that took Haley's blood,
据采血的那位实验室技术员所说
she was in the pink of health,
海莉当时很健康
but as we know,
但我们已经知道
Ray McKibben's alibi checked out.
雷·麦吉本的不在场证明没问题
He really was at that pharmacy buying flu medicine
海莉坠下露台时,他的确在药店
when she went off the terrace.
买流感药
I think it's time we turned our focus back
是时候把焦点放在你最初怀疑的人
to your original suspect,
盖尔太太身上了
she of the flimsy alibi, Mrs. Gale.
她的不在场证明很薄弱
I'd love to, if she had a motive to kill Haley.
我也想,可她没有杀害海莉的动机啊
Detective.
警探
Thank you for telling us.
感谢告知
Ian Gale has just died.
伊恩·盖尔刚刚去世
The company will be releasing a statement shortly.
他们公司很快会发表声明
I think maybe we've been coming at this case the wrong way.
也许我们一直都想错了这案子
What if it's not actually about the murder of Haley Tyler?
如果凶手的目标根本不是海莉·泰勒
What if it's really about the murder of Ian Gale?
而是伊恩·盖尔呢
Captain, I thought I made it clear on the phone the other day...
警监,我那天在电话里不是都说清楚了...
Yeah, you said you'd sue the department
是啊,你说要是我们再以
if your client was subjected
海莉·泰勒的凶杀案
to any additional harassment for Haley Tyler's murder,
来骚扰你的当事人,就会起诉警方
but we're not here to talk about her murder.
但我们不是来谈她的凶杀案的
We're here to talk about Ian Gale's.
而是伊恩·盖尔的凶杀案
I had no idea until Miss Watson told me--
直到华生小姐告诉我
the recovery rate for the procedure
我才知道你丈夫手术的治愈率
that your husband had is around 80%.
在80%左右
Captain, what is this about?
警监,这是怎么回事
Ian Gale died of natural causes.
伊恩·盖尔是自然死亡
Mrs. Gale,
盖尔太太
is it not true
大约十个月前
that approximately ten months ago,
你曾短暂咨询过
you briefly engaged the services
离婚律师
of a divorce attorney?
这事是真的吗
You don't have to answer that.
你无需回答
He's right, you don't.
没错,是不用回答
We already know.
因为我们早就知道
We also know that, prior to your marriage,
我们还知道,你们结婚前
you signed a prenuptial agreement.
你签署了一份婚前协议
In the event of a divorce, you would walk away
如果将来离婚,你可以拿到
with a prearranged sum of $15 million.
事先定下的1500万美元
But then it became clear that Ian was going
但很显然伊恩需要
to need a heart transplant,
心脏移植
and you came up with a plan to walk away with more.
而你就想出了一个计划能得到更多的钱
None of you are making any sense.
你们都在胡说八道些什么
First you accuse me of hurting Haley, and now Ian.
起初是指控我杀了海莉,现在又是伊恩
The best doctors in the world
给他治疗的都是世界上
were caring for him.
最好的医生
There's no way anyone could have caused a rejected transplant.
器官移植的排斥反应是无法人为引起的
Actually there is...
其实是可以的
or at least there was in Ian's case.
至少在伊恩的案例中是可能的
First you needed to convince him to reconcile with Haley.
首先你需要说服他重新接受海莉
I mean, you could have found
你的确能找到
other blood donors with his rare type,
别的与他稀有血型相匹配的捐赠者
but you needed someone you could keep close,
但你需要一个你能接近
someone you could manipulate.
能够操控的人
A few weeks ago, after Ian's transplant,
几周前,在伊恩的移植手术之后
you obtained a tissue sample
你拿到一份他的新心脏的
of his new heart from a biopsy and injected it into Haley.
活组织切片样本,并注入海莉体内
You told her the shot was a supplement
你告诉她这是为输血
to help with blood donations,
补充营养
and she believed you because you used to be a doctor.
她也相信了你,因为你曾当过医生
Her immune system went into overdrive
她的免疫系统超负荷运作
producing antibodies, the same antibodies
产生抗体,正是你丈夫注入的
that your husband was being given antirejection drugs to combat.
抗排斥药物要消灭的抗体
That's why she was getting sick.
所以她才身体不适
She didn't have any flu.
那并不是流感
Her body was fighting a foreign invader,
她的身体在抗击一种外来物的入侵
and she wasn't getting any help.
而没有人给她任何帮助
You used her as an incubator
你把她当作培养器
to cultivate a custom-made poison
培养出了这种独家定制的毒药
for which there is no tox screen.
且任何毒理检验都无法察觉
I was good to Haley.
我对海莉很好
You gave Haley 20% of your inheritance, right?
你施舍给她两成遗产,是吧
Only now we know it wasn't out of the kindness of your heart.
只不过现在我们知道这不是出自你的善心
It was because you needed her.
只是因为你需要她
And because the remaining 80% was still about
而且剩下的八成也远远超过
a hundred times more than you would have gotten in a divorce.
你通过离婚能得到的数额
I assume you can prove all this.
你们能证明这些吗
We're working on that.
我们正在搜集证据
In the meantime, we have a witness.
但我们有目击证人
Your accomplice, Christian Suarez,
你的同伙,克里斯蒂安·苏亚雷斯
one of the lab techs who was assisting with your husband's care.
他是协助照料你丈夫的一名实验室技术员
But you know that.
但你已经知道了
We had some very pointed questions for him this morning.
今早我们问了他几个很直接的问题
He confessed to providing you with biopsy tissue.
他承认了提供活体组织切片样本给你
He also admitted to harvesting antibodies from Haley's blood
他还承认从海莉的血样中提取抗体
and injecting them into Ian.
并注入伊恩体内
All for the tidy sum of $1 million.
酬劳是一百万美金
When Ian's health turned,
当伊恩的病情急转直下时
it looked to his doctors like an overactive immune response.
他的医生认为只是过激的免疫反应
His system was creating too many antibodies
他的身体产生了太多抗体
and attacking the new heart.
攻击新的心脏
You decided you had to eliminate Haley,
你决定要除掉海莉
lest she grow so ill that someone tipped to the truth.
以免她病情继续恶化泄露了真相
Unfortunately for you,
不过很可惜
that murder did not go off without a hitch.
谋杀进行得并不顺利
Mr. Suarez said that you intended to stage the scene
苏亚雷斯先生说你想把现场伪装成
as a botched robbery, but after she went off the balcony,
抢劫失手引起的,可她从阳台摔了下去
you had no choice but to flee.
你别无选择只能逃走
We're still gathering evidence.
我们还在搜集证据
The M.E. is running new tests on Haley's blood.
法医正在重新检验海莉的血样
And if we find out what we think we're gonna find out,
如果真如我们预想的找到了证据
now is your chance to get ahead of this.
现在是你唯一认罪求情的机会了
Cutting it a little close for the red-eye, aren't we?
快要赶不上你的红眼航班了吧
A few bits of business at the restaurant.
餐厅有点事情
Changed my flight till the morning.
我把航班改到明早了
And since you wanted to see me, I thought I'd stop by.
反正你想见我,我就干脆过来一趟
What's this?
这是什么
It's a letter for Father.
给父亲的信
I'm to play messenger, am I?
我成信使了是吧
You did for him.
你不也替他传话了吗
He didn't ask me to speak with you, Sherlock.
他并没让我和你说这些,夏洛克
I merely... I know, and I am grateful.
我只是... 我知道,我很感激
Part of recovery is... structure.
想要康复就需要,构建秩序
Recognizing what is working and sticking with it.
明白什么方法有效,然后坚持下去
What I have here with Watson...
在这里我和华生的生活
is working.
就很有效
There may well come a time
也许将来有一天
when it is right for me to return to London, but, uh,
时机成熟我该回到伦敦
it isn't now.
但并不是现在
So, I have composed a missive for Father's perusal.
所以我写了这封信给父亲
In it, I express what I consider to be an appropriate amount
在信里我写了一个数额,我自认为足以
of gratitude for everything he's done.
报答他为我所做的一切
And I explain, in minute detail,
而且我也详尽解释了
my decision to remain in New York.
我要继续留在纽约的决定
That can't have been easy for you.
这对你一定不容易
It was not unlike carving the words into my very skin.
就跟在我皮肤上纹身一样
It's all I can offer for now.
现在我只能给这么多
You know how capricious he can be.
你知道父亲有多么反复无常
The chips will fall as they may.
该发生的总是要发生的
You're so different now, Sherlock.
你真的变了很多,夏洛克
You are, essentially, the same.
你却还是老样子
I'll be back.
我会再回来的
Diogenes will need me.
第欧根尼还需要我
Until then.
到时再会
It's me.
是我
My little gambit didn't work.
我的计划没有成功
He's decided to stay.
他执意留下来
He hasn't spoken directly with my father in years.
他有很多年没跟我父亲直接沟通了
There's little chance either will realize
他们俩都不太可能猜到
what I've attempted.
我的意图
I'm afraid we're going to have
恐怕我们需要另想办法
to come at the problem a different way.
来处理这件事了

重点单词   查看全部解释    
permanently ['pə:mənəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 永久地

 
demonstrative [di'mɔnstrətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 易流露感情的,喜怒形于色的 adj. [语]指

 
gesture ['dʒestʃə]

想一想再看

n. 手势,姿态
v. 作手势表达

联想记忆
unavailable ['ʌnə'veiləbl]

想一想再看

adj. 得不到的,没空的,不能利用的

 
merely ['miəli]

想一想再看

adv. 仅仅,只不过

 
fatigue [fə'ti:g]

想一想再看

n. 疲乏,疲劳,累活
adj. 疲劳的

联想记忆
screen [skri:n]

想一想再看

n. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风
v. 放映,选拔,掩

 
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
ostensible [ɔs'tensəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 表面的,假装的

 
imposter [im'pɔstə]

想一想再看

n. 冒名顶替者;骗子

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。