- aAmelia, could you spare a few minutes?
艾米利亚,你能腾出几分钟时间吗?
- bSure. What do you need?
没问题,你需要什么?
- aWell, I wanted to let you know that I've put in my notice.
嗯,我想告诉你我辞职了.
- bReally? Why?
真的?为什么?
- aIt's complicated. But bascially it boils down to one thing. This company is downsizing and I can't continue working for a company that may let me go.
原因很复杂.不过简单来说这是迟早的事情.这家公司在缩减开支,我不能待在这里等到公司解雇我才走.
- bBut surely they won't fire you! You're one of the most experienced managers here!
可是,他们不可能解雇你的!你是这里最资深的经理之一啊.
- aWell, to be honest, there's another reason. I've got a better offer.
嗯,坦白说,还有个原因.我有更好的选择了.
- bWell that's great news! Congratulations! Where will you be located?
啊,那可是个好消息!恭喜你!你要去哪儿?
- aThe head office is in New York, but I'll be dealing with overseas companies and flying to this side of the world from time to time.
那家公司的总部设在纽约,不过我要打理和海外公司的买卖,会经常飞来飞去.
- bIt'll be sad to see you go, but it sounds like you're found yourself a great opportunity.
你要走的话我会很难过,不过看来你找到了更好的机会.
- aI have. I feel lucky. I look forward to dealing with overseas companies and at the same time having a chance to use English more.
是的.我觉得很幸运.我一直希望能同海外公司做生意,并借机会多多锻炼英文.
- bI'm sorry to bring this up, but would it be possible for you to write me a letter of recommendation before you go?
我很抱歉现在想向你提个要求,你走之前可以帮我写一封介绍信吗?
- aOf course I can. In fact, if there are other job opportunities at this new company, I'll recommend you personally.
当然可以.实际上,如果这家新公司有合适的工作机会的话,我个人也会推荐你的.
- bThanks. I appreciate that.
谢谢.非常感谢.