- aHey, Jack! Is Jenny coming with us?
嘿,杰克!珍妮和我们一起去吗?
- bYes. Why?
是的。怎么啦?
- aNothing. I am just asking.
没有。我只是问问。
- bJust asking?! Why is your face burning like mad? Ah-huh, someone has a crush on Jenny, doesn't he?
只是问问?那你的脸怎么那么红?啊哈,有人暗恋珍妮了,不是吗?
- aWho has a crush?
谁暗恋了?
- bCome on, Ted! Don't be such a chicken. If you like her, you’ve got to tell her. Maybe she likes you.
特德,得了吧!不要这么胆小。如果你喜欢她,你就得告诉她。或许她也喜欢你。
- aWell, I don't have the guts to ask her out.
额,我没有勇气去问她。
- bWhat are you so afraid of? Just tell her what you are feeling about her.
你为什么这么害怕?只是告诉她你对她的感觉就好了。
- aI’d totally die if she turned me down.
如果她拒绝我,我会死的。
- bBut that's better than keeping everything to yourself. You’ve got to let her know. Come on! You’ve got to take a chance. Even though you are rejected, it’s not the end of the world. There’s nothing to lose, is there?
但是这比你什么都藏在心里好。你得让她知道。快点!你必须冒一下险。即使你被拒绝了,也不是世界末日。不会损失什么的,是吗?
- aI don't know.. Well, maybe you are right, but how am I gonna tell her?
我不知道。额,或许你说得对,但是我要怎么跟她说呢?