What does it mean to be a 400 meter runner?
作为一名400米赛跑运动员意味着什么?
7 o’clock, I hit my alarm, step on the scale, take note of my weight, breakfast.
早上7点,我关掉闹钟,站到体重秤上,记录体重,然后吃早餐。
Same thing every day gets old very, very, very quick.
每天都做同样的事情,很快就会变得非常非常非常无聊。
I do my own shopping because I like to control what I put in my body.
我自己买食物,因为我喜欢控制我吃进身体里的东西。
I'm in and out in probably like 10 minutes.
进出超市大概10分钟。
I'll make my lunch and my pre-workout snack, make sure I hit my macros.
我自己做午餐和锻炼前的零食,确保摄入了足够的宏量营养素。
To be the best in the world at anything comes down to how disciplined you are, how consistant you are, and how hard you work.
要想在任何领域做到世界顶尖水平,归结起来就是你有多自律,你能坚持多久,以及你有多努力。
I hop in the car, and I skirt off to practice.
我跳进车里,一路疾驰去训练。
Get swole in the gym.
在健身房里锻炼肌肉。
Do a little bit of running on the track.
在跑道上跑一会儿。
Just a little bit.
稍微跑了一下。
While drinking a ton of water. I'm talking a ton.
喝大量的水。我是说超多超多。
Hop back in my car, drive all the way back home.
再跳进车里,然后开车回家。
I write in my journal and write everything down.
我在日记中记录所有事情。
10 o’clock, boom, knocked out.
晚上10点,关灯睡觉。
It’s just the exact same thing every day.
每天都完全一样。
My dad, he asked me one day if I wanted to go to track practice and I said sure.
有一天我爸爸问我想不想去做田径训练,我说当然想。
Didn't own any running shoes, so I just like put on some Converse.
我没有跑鞋,所以就穿了匡威帆布鞋。
My coach was like: “You have a couple options.
我的教练说:“你有几个选择。
You can either run three 200s or run one 400 race.”
你可以跑三个200米,或者跑一个400米赛跑。”
I guess I took too long to make a decision, so he picked for me, and then after that, the rest is kind of been history.
我估计我做决定太慢了,所以教练替我做了选择,在那之后的事情大家都知道了。
My career really began the moment I just dedicated myself to the sport.
我的职业生涯真正开始的那一刻,就是我全身心投入到这项运动中的时候。
And that's where like the super strict discipline routine started.
从那以后就开始有了超级严格的纪律和常规训练。
Every kid growing up is into all types of sports.
每个成长中的孩子都喜欢各种运动。
I’ve done my fair share of things, and I wouldn't say I necessarily picked to run the 400, the 400 picked me.
我已经做了我该做的事情,我不会说是我选择了跑400米,而是400米选择了我。
Michael Norman is unlike most athletes I've ever coached, I think.
我觉得迈克尔·诺曼和我指导过的大多数运动员都不一样。
His drive and his approach to running is second to none.
他的自我驱动力和他的跑步方法是首屈一指的。
Looking forward to Paris 2024, Michael Norman will be ready.
2024年巴黎奥运会即将到来,迈克尔·诺曼将做好准备。
One of those days where it hurts. It’s a painful day. Put it that way.
今天是让人受伤的日子之一,痛苦的一天,可以这么说吧。
400 meters is a painful race.
400米赛跑是一项痛苦的比赛。
The training is hard, the race is hard.
训练是艰难的,比赛也是艰难的。
You’re probably the most feared person on the track.
你或许是赛道上最令人畏惧的人。
I go back to Murietta every holiday.
我每个假期都会回到穆列塔。
I like to catch up with my high school coaches.
我喜欢和我的高中教练们叙旧。
I wouldn't be who I am today without those individuals.
如果没有那些人,我就不会是今天的我。
It’s kind of weird to be back at my alma mater.
回到母校感觉有点怪怪的。
I mean, Vista Murrieta is where track and field really started for myself.
我的意思是,维斯塔穆列塔高中是我田径生涯真正开始的地方。
This has really changed the trajectory of my life, my career.
真的改变了我的人生轨迹,我的职业生涯。
If I didn't meet Coach Kieffer, Coach Kendo, who knows where I would be right now?
如果我没有遇到基弗教练、肯道教练,谁知道我现在会在哪里呢?
All 400 meter runners, please report to the starting line.
所有400米赛跑运动员,请前往起跑线报到。
I met Michael his freshman year in high school.
迈克尔高中一年级的时候我遇到了他。
One thing is for sure is he loves track and field, and he has the opportunity to just give back to that community.
有一件事是肯定的,那就是他热爱田径,而且他有机会回馈社区。
It’s just great to see the development of the student athletes there.
看到那里的学生运动员的发展真是太好了。
At one point I was one of them.
曾经,我也是他们中的一员。
You want to stay very fluid with the movement so you can run the most efficient as possible.
要让动作非常流畅,这样你就可以尽可能高效率地跑步。
Training has been pretty slow to start, but hopefully it speeds up a little bit.
训练刚开始的时候很慢,但希望后面能加快一点速度。
So, good luck the rest of the season.
那么,祝你在本赛季剩下的比赛有好运。
Stay champion, vision board.
保持冠军状态,继续加油。
For him to come out here and support us and be so, like, interacting with all of us, it's a really big deal.
他来到这里支持我们,并且与我们所有人互动,这真的意义非凡。
Hey, I'm Michael. Nice to meet you. How you doing?
嘿,我是迈克尔。很高兴见到你。你好吗?
Michael knows his roots, where he came from, where he started from.
迈克尔知道他的根,他来自哪里,他从哪里开始。
You never know which one of those kids are going to be the next Olympic athlete.
你永远不知道这些孩子中的哪一个会成为下一个奥林匹克运动员。
Jen and I, we met back in college.
珍和我,我们是在大学的时候认识的。
She's an ex volleyball player at USC.
她之前是南加州大学的排球运动员。
Michael likes to live vicariously through me.
迈克尔喜欢通过我间接体验生活。
He will oftentimes order ice cream, and make me eat it so he can smell it.
他经常会点冰淇淋,然后让我吃,这样他就可以闻到冰淇淋的味道。
He can't eat ice cream, so... Ever. Well, rarely.
他不能吃冰淇淋......永远都不能,嗯,很少吃。
I think if you’re anti ice-cream, you’re in the wrong place.
如果你反对冰淇淋,那你来错地方了。
I love ice cream.
我喜欢冰淇淋。
If I win, and when I win, I'm coming right back.
如果我赢了,那我赢了的时候,我会马上回这里来。
What I can help him with and, you know, be a supportive partner is finding ways to relax.
作为一个支持他的伴侣,我能帮他的,就是找到放松的方法。
The International Olympic Committee has agreed to postpone the Tokyo Olympics until next year.
国际奥林匹克委员会已同意将东京奥运会推迟至明年。
Before COVID, I was in the shape of my lifetime.
在新冠疫情之前,我处于一生中最好的状态。
I was killing it at practice.
我在训练中表现出色。
When the Olympics were cancelled, he was heartbroken.
当奥运会被取消时,他心碎了。
I think I probably felt like I lost my purpose a little bit.
我想我可能有点感觉失去了目标。
Each of these men must now look deep within to produce the perfect race for gold.
现在所有人都必须深入内心,为赢得金牌而给出完美的比赛表现。
How fast will Norman go?
诺曼会跑多快?
So when 2021 came around, Tokyo, I just don't think he was in the greatest form.
所以当2021年东京奥运会到来时,我觉得他的状态不是最佳。
The outcome of the Olympic Games wasn't exactly what he wanted.
奥运会的结果并不完全是他想要的。
As everyone knows, he failed to get a individual medal.
大家都知道,他没能获得一枚个人奖牌。
I’ve become kind of so routine-oriented and disciplined because I want to make sure I'm giving myself an honest, fair shot at it.
我已经变得非常循规蹈矩和自律了,因为我想确保我给自己一个诚实、公平的机会。
I rallied and came back for the 404.
我重整旗鼓,回来参加4×400米接力赛。
We got the only gold medal for men's track and field.
我们获得了男子田径项目的唯一一枚金牌。
It's going to be gold for the United States.
美国队将获得金牌。
It was like very bittersweet, like, oh, you got a medal.
这就像是苦乐参半,就像,哦,你获得了一枚奖牌。
But then it's like, oh, you fell short of what your real goals were.
但是然后就好像,哦,但你没有达到你真正的目标。
I had my mind set on one thing, but I fell short on that.
我一心想着一件事,但我没有做到。
You know, I just need to take a step back for a second and reevaluate everything after that year.
你知道的,我只是需要退后一步,花点时间重新反思那年之后的所有事情。
When I think about my Starting Line, I’ll go back home and visit some family and some friends, just to kind of reset and catch up.
当我想到我的起跑线时,我会回家拜访一些家人和朋友,只是为了重新调整状态和追赶上进度。
Thanks for having us.
感谢您的邀请。
When you have people around you who support you through thick and thin,
当你身边有支持你的人,他们与你同甘共苦,
it’s amazing to come back in to share that accomplishment with those people, because it just, it means so much to not only myself, but it means so much to them as well.
回来与那些人分享你的成就真是太棒了,因为这不仅对我自己意义重大,对他们也意义重大。
How much?
要多少?
Just a little bit.
一点点。
This? No, no, no, more than that.
这么多?不不不,比这多一点。
Like... a human of my size...Please.
我这么大个子......拜托。
When I was a freshman in high school, I mean, I was eating terrible.
当我还是高中一年级的时候,我吃得很差。
I just...Just whatever. No vegetables, nothing.
随便吃。没有蔬菜,什么都没有。
Blame my dad for that.
这得怪我爸爸。
What's wrong with my food?
我做的饭怎么了?
Wasn’t the best growing up, I'll tell you that.
不是我小时候吃的最好的,我只能说。
He can cook proteins, but everything else he can't cook.
他会做蛋白质类食物,但其他的他都不会做。
We're busy planning the wedding, as you guys know.
我们正在忙着筹备婚礼,你们也知道。
Yes, we are busy planning the wedding.
是的,我们大家正忙于策划婚礼。
I am busy.
我很忙。
So what we have here is our little shrine for Mike.
这里就是我们为迈克设立的小神龛了。
For Mike, for me, I think the thing I'm most proud of will be this one here.
对于迈克,对于我来说,我认为我最自豪的事情是这里的这个。
This is his high school State Championship ring.
这是他的高中州冠军戒指。
I saw the dedication and hard work he was putting in.
我看到了他的投入和努力。
I was super excited for him.
我为他感到超级高兴。
He always help me to wash the dishes and dinner preparation.
他总是帮我洗碗和准备晚餐。
Is this him doing the dishes?
这是他在洗碗吗?
Yes.
是的。
He doesn’t do the dishes anymore, but he'll cook.
他不再洗碗了,但是他会做饭。
Daily life, it's actually got to the point where it's been so extreme that, you know, it creates a little bit of frustration.
日常生活已经到了极端严格的地步,你知道,这会让我有些难受。
So I’m actually learning to kind of be a little bit looser in some things.
所以实际上我在学习在某些事情上稍微放松一点。
I've had a fair share of failures and a fair share of great moments.
我经历过不少失败,也有过不少美好时刻。
Winning my first world championship title.
赢得第一个世界冠军头衔。
Michael Norman underperforming in Tokyo, finally take that gold medal.
迈克尔·诺曼在东京奥运会表现不佳,最终获得了那枚金牌。
Preparation for Paris is a huge feat.
筹备巴黎奥运会是一项重大工作。
I'm beating my body up every day and I'm expecting it to do things that have never been done before.
我每天都在折腾我的身体,期待它去做以前从未做过的事情。
I see the pain he goes through, and I know what it means when he puts that toe on the starting line.
我看到了他所经历的痛苦,我也知道当他把脚放在起跑线上时意味着什么。
I can't be mad at myself if I step up to the line, and I absolutely gave it all I had.
如果我站在起跑线前,我就不能生自己的气,我绝对已经全力以赴了。
I want to go to Paris and, you know, handle some unfinished business.
我想去巴黎,你知道的,去处理一些未完成的事情。
We fell short in Tokyo 2020.
我们在2020年东京奥运会上表现不佳。
We want redemption for sure, so we've been working very diligently.
我们当然想要弥补,所以我们一直在非常勤奋地训练。
I mean, we're not going to rest until we achieve that goal of becoming an Olympic champion.
我的意思是,在我们成为奥运冠军这个目标实现之前,我们是不会休息的。











