手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 国外媒体资讯 > 哈佛商业评论 > 正文

你有拖延症吗?怎么治?(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

You don’t have to be a member of Procrastinators Anonymous to appreciate how paralyzing procrastination can be.

你不一定非要成为拖延者互助会的一员,才能体会到拖延症是多么让人麻木。

And yes, there is such a group.

是的,确实有这样一群人。

They call procrastination the grave where opportunity is buried.

他们把拖延称为埋葬机会的坟墓。

Our guest today offers three strategic paths to beat procrastination in a comprehensive way.

今天我们的嘉宾提供了三条全面战胜拖延症的战略途径。

Habits, emotions, and thought patterns.

习惯、情绪和思维模式。

And she’s here to lay those out for us.

她是来为我们展示这些的。

Alice, thanks for being here.

爱丽丝,谢谢你能来。

Thank you for having me.

谢谢你邀请我。

What’s your understanding of procrastination?

你对拖延症有什么理解?

What purpose does it serve?

它的作用是什么?

Yeah, so it’s quite complicated.

是啊,这很复杂。

I think that it’s often part of the creative process that sometimes we procrastinate because we’re doing something hard.

我认为这通常是创造过程的一部分,有时我们拖延是因为我们正在做一些比较难的事情。

Sometimes we need that incubation period.

有时我们需要这段潜伏期。

So lots of forms of problem solving benefit from an incubation period where you take a pause between when you hear the problem and when you start working on it.

所以很多解决问题的方式都得益于一段潜伏期,在这段时间里,是你听到问题和开始解决问题的间歇期。

And of course, we all know about productive procrastination.

当然,我们都知道有成效的拖延。

When you’ve got that number one task that you’re avoiding but you’ve also got a bunch of other things that normally you would avoid, and it’s the only time you ever get round to doing those.

当你有了你正在回避的首要任务,但同时又有一堆你通常会回避的事情时,这是你唯一抽时间去做这些事情的时候。

So the classic example is the student who the only time they ever clean their dorm room is when they should be studying for exams.

因此一个经典的例子是,学生们唯一打扫宿舍的时间就是他们应该学习准备考试的时候。

So there are some sort of useful forms of it but obviously it can also tie people in knots and lead to lots of self-criticism.

因此,它有一些有用的形式,但显然会让人纠结,并导致大量的自我批评。

How do you know when there’s a good reason for procrastinating or when it’s actually just being counterproductive?

你怎么知道什么时候拖延是有充分理由的,什么时候只是适得其反呢?

Yeah, I’m not sure that it’s that black and white.

是的,我不确定它是哪种。

I find I do some of my best work when I’m procrastinating doing something else.

我发现,当我拖延做其他事情的时候,我会做一些我做的最好的工作。

On a level, that’s useful.

在某种程度上,这是有用的。

But it still creates a bit of a problem of not having a habit of getting on and doing that other thing.

但它仍然造成了一个小问题,就是没有习惯去适应和做其他事情。

So I think it can be quite mixed.

因此,我认为它可以是相当复杂的。

There really is so much that goes on with it psychologically.

从心理上来说,确实很复杂。

Sometimes it’s just people have more things that they want to do and they’re having trouble settling on one.

有时,人们想做的事情太多了,却找不到一个合适的。

Sometimes it’s just there’s so much opportunity, we want to be doing all of these things and we sort of bite off more than we can chew in terms of the energy and focus that we’ve got.

有时候机会太多了,我们想做所有这些事情,就精力和专注度而言,我们有点力不从心。

Sometimes we just overestimate how much we can focus in the day.

有时,我们只是高估了一天中我们能集中精力的程度。

And so we label our downtime as procrastination.

因此,我们将停工时间称为拖延症。

So it is really complicated, but there’s always times where people need to get on to doing something.

所以这真的很复杂,但总有一些时候人们需要开始做一些事情。

When procrastination is a problem, that’s when you want to have some strategies so that you can feel confident that you can get out of the weeds whenever you really need to.

当拖延症是一个问题时,你就需要有一些策略,这样你就能自信地在真正需要的时候摆脱这些。

That was one of the things that I really learned from reading what you wrote, is just how much emotion is wrapped up in procrastination.

这是我读你写的东西中真正学到的一件事,就是拖延中包含了多少情感。

It’s not necessarily just about thought processes and habits, but it is such an emotional process too.

这不仅仅是思维过程和习惯的问题,它也是一种情感过程。

Yeah, it absolutely is.

是的,绝对是。

And I think people tend to oversimplify that.

我认为人们倾向于将其过于简单化。

People will say it’s an emotional thing and it’s caused by people being intolerant of emotions.

人们会说这是一件情绪化的事情,这是由于人们不能容忍情绪造成的。

And so we first think, “Oh, well, no one likes doing boring tasks.”

所以我们首先会想,“哦,好吧,没人喜欢做无聊的工作。

So the idea is, okay, well, if you have habits of doing your boring tasks, then you won’t need as much self-control to get those done.

所以如果你有做无聊任务的习惯,那么你就不需要那么多的自控力来完成这些任务。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
overestimate [.əuvə'esti.meit]

想一想再看

vt. 过高评价,过高出价
n. 估计过高,评

 
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆
beat [bi:t]

想一想再看

v. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动
n. 敲打,

 
psychologically [,psaikə'lɔdʒikəli]

想一想再看

adv. 心理上地;心理学地

 
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
grave [greiv]

想一想再看

n. 坟墓,墓穴
adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄

 
strategic [strə'ti:dʒik]

想一想再看

adj. 战略的,重要的,基本的

 
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
complicated ['kɔmplikeitid]

想一想再看

adj. 复杂的,难懂的
动词complica

 
productive [prə'dʌktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 能生产的,有生产价值的,多产的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。