Get straight A's for 10 years, spend your summers building houses, drag your cello to school every day, write the perfect essay, and for what? !
十年成绩全优,暑假去盖房子,每天拖着大提琴去上学,写完美的论文,都为了什么?
No, thank you, Alex!
不,谢谢,艾丽克斯!
We don't want you, Alex!
我们不想录取你,艾丽克斯!
Okay, you are drawing more attention to yourself than the guy wearing a ferret as a scarf.
好了,注意你的人,比注意那个拿雪貂当头巾的人还多。
I don't care anymore!
我不在乎了!
I've spent my entire life trying to be perfect, and where did it get me?
从小到大我都试图做到完美,结果得到什么了?
I am in a field with 6,000 idiots!
我和六千个傻子在这片空地上!
Know what? I think that this is a good thing for you.
知道吗?我认为这对你来说是件好事。
Can you just spare me today? - No.
今天能不能别管我。-不能。
You're obviously going to get into one of those snooty schools, and sometimes you're gonna come in second...or fourth, or maybe even tenth.
你一定会考上其中一所傲慢自大的学校的,偶尔你可能会考第二名,或第四名,甚至第十名。
But you're gonna dust yourself off, maybe put on some lipstick for once, and keep going.
但你会振作精神,也许涂点唇膏,继续向前走。
I'm allowed to feel bad about this, okay?
我可以为此而难过,是吗?
Look, you are a superstar!
瞧!你就是个超级明星!
I've been saying since you were 10 you're gonna be on the Supreme Court.
从你十岁大我就一直说,你以后会站在最高法院里。
Thanks.
谢谢。
But for the record, I'm gonna be a scientist.
不过声明一下,我会成为一名科学家。
Lab coat, robe -- as long as something's covering up your outfit, you're gonna be just fine.
实验服还是法官袍,只要能盖住你的衣服就行,你会没事的。
I...don't want to talk about it.
我,不想谈这个。
I had killed with that song at three amateur productions, two gay weddings, and a two-hour gate hold on a 747,
我曾在三场业余演出,两场同志婚礼和被延误的航班上完美地表演过那首歌,
but I could tell the audience thought that I had sabotaged Kaplan to grab the spotlight, and my confidence caught in my throat like a three-day furball.
但我能看出今天的观众们觉得我为了上台,对卡普兰先生使坏,而我的自信卡在喉咙里就像玩了三天的毛球。
I couldn't have stunk up the place worse if I'd performed in a litter box.
我的表演臭到家了,臭过在猫砂盆里唱。
Thank you. Thank you very much.
谢谢,谢谢你们。