手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季(MP3+中英字幕) 第14集 牟取暴利

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Previously on Elementary...

《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
I understand how the cartel is running now.
我明白贩毒集团是如何运作的了
You forced all of your husband's key lieutenants out
你把你丈夫手下的重要副手都踢出局
and replaced them with women.
换成了女人
I know how crazy this is making you.
我知道你很痴迷于此
Trying to convince everyone I'm some sort of mastermind?
想向所有人证明我是罪犯头子
You're under arrest.
你被捕了
You have the right to remain silent
你有权保持沉默
and refuse to answer questions.
并拒绝回答问题
Hey, my dad called this afternoon.
我爸今天下午来电话了
He wants to take us out to dinner.
他想请我们吃晚餐
I'm sorry it's taken so long for us to get together.
过了这么久我们才有见面的机会,真是遗憾
You're remarkable.
你非常了不起
You know, you might have to accept the fact that,
你和安德鲁的感情
whatever your relationship with Andrew means,
并不是你真正想要的东西
you just don't want it.
你应该尝试接受这点
Then what do I want?
那我想要的是什么
Skim-milk latte for Joan
乔恩的脱脂牛奶拿铁和
and whole-milk latte for Andrew.
安德鲁的全脂牛奶拿铁
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh. Excuse me.
抱歉
Skim milk.
脱脂牛奶
I think you gave me the wrong one. Oh.
你给错了
Oh, my God. What's wrong?
上帝,怎么了
Oh, my God. Somebody call an ambulance!
上帝,快叫救护车
Andrew. Andrew.
安德鲁,安德鲁
Six days ago,
六天以前
my boyfriend Andrew Mittal drank coffee
我男友安德鲁·米塔尔
from a cup with my name on it.
喝了写着我名字杯子里的咖啡
It was laced with hemlock.
里面加有毒芹
He died before the ambulance got there.
救护车来之前他就不治而亡
There was a woman in the coffee shop
当时在咖啡店里
wearing a blue leather jacket.
有个穿着蓝色皮衣的女士
She bumped into me when I was picking up our drinks.
我去拿咖啡的时候她撞了我一下
Her name is Marion Desjardins.
她叫玛丽恩·德嘉斯汀
She's a French immigrant living in the United States
是一名现居美国的法国移民
with a visa from your old company.
持有你以前公司签发的签证
We bring in lots of people from overseas.
我们请了很多海外雇员
Consultants, mostly.
大多数都是顾问
Ms. Desjardins is an assassin.
德嘉斯汀小姐是一名杀手
After we I.D.'d her
在我们确认了她的身份之后
we got a warrant,
我们拿到了搜查证
to search her apartment and found the hemlock plants.
得以搜查她的公寓,并找到了毒芹
She confessed to dosing my coffee,
她对向我咖啡内下毒一事供认不讳
but claims it was a random crime
但声称这只是一起随机案件
that had nothing to do with you.
与你并没有任何关系
So, how much are you paying her for that?
所以,你是付了她多少钱
Even if you could get her to admit that I paid her--
就算她向你承认我付了她钱
which, by the way, I didn't--
当然我没有
I'm already in this prison until I die.
我已经被判终身监禁了
Thanks to you.
多亏了你
So...
所以
what are you doing here, Joan?
乔恩,你来这里做什么
Andrew was brilliant and kind.
安德鲁聪明又可亲
This rivalry is between you and me.
我们俩的积怨不应牵扯旁人
How can you be so naive?
你怎么会这么天真
If he was involved with you,
如果他和你有牵扯
he was involved with me.
那他就和我有牵扯
Take her away.
带她走
You say this guy Andrew was your boyfriend?
你说这个叫安德鲁的人是你男朋友
The way I heard it, you were breaking up with him that day.
可我听说,你那天是要和他分手的
That must feel terrible.
你肯定感觉糟透了
We can't really do anything with the fact
尽管伊莱娜·马奇知道
that Elana March said she knows
你当时和安德鲁谈话的内容
what you and Andrew were talking about,
我们也没办法做任何事
because there was a lot of people in that coffee shop,
因为咖啡店里当时有很多人
and she could have heard that from anyone.
而她从谁那里听说的都有可能
Now, that being said, I know the warden over there,
尽管如此,我认识那里的典狱长
and he did a spot check on her cell tonight.
他今晚临时抽查了她的牢房
He found enough contraband in there
他找到的违禁品
to put her in isolation for a week or two.
足以让她在监禁室待上一两个星期了
So she's not gonna be talking
与此同时,这段时间
to any of her friends for a while.
她不可能和任何朋友交谈了
She's not gonna come after me again.
她不会再对付我了
Not right away.
暂时是不会了
She'll wait till things die down.
她会等一切平息
But just to be safe,
但为了保险起见
you should switch up your travel patterns,
你应该改变自己平日的出行路线
and I'm gonna put a unit outside of your building.
我也会派一队警员在你公寓楼外看守
We'll keep you safe.
我们会确保你安全
Thanks.
谢谢
Watson,
华生
I'll continue to bring food over to your apartment
如果你不愿意的话
if it's not too much of an imposition.
我会继续带食物去你的公寓
You have a number of things on your mind at the moment,
你现在需要考虑的事情很多
and sustenance needn't be one of them.
就不必操心生计问题了
As for our collaboration, you just let me know
至于我们的合作,等你准备好
when you're ready to resume casework,
重新查案之后,告诉我就好
and I won't intrude until then.
在此之前我不会打扰你
Thanks. It'll just be a couple more days.
谢谢,再过几天就好
Do you have counsel?
你有心理医生吗
It's been almost a week since Andrew died.
安德鲁去世已经一周了
You've said almost nothing about it.
你几乎从未谈起过这件事
Which is your prerogative, of course.
这当然是你的权力
I just... I want to be certain
我就只是,我想确认
that you have someone to, discuss the matter with.
你有可以倾诉此事的人
I'd offer my services if you don't.
如果你没有的话,可以找我
Andrew died because he knew me.
安德鲁因为认识我而死
I don't really know what else there is to say.
我不知道还有其他什么可说的
Mr. Holmes, thank you for agreeing to see me.
福尔摩斯先生,谢谢你愿意见我
We've actually met before-- sort of.
我们其实认识,算是吧
I moderate the discussion boards at BeeCircuit.Com.
我是蜂圈网讨论版的版主
You're BeeBeeKing17.
你是蜂蜂王17
I am.
正是
You're a detective.
你是一名侦探
I know from your posts.
我从你的帖子里看出来的
I have a bit of a problem...
我算是有个问题...
I'm gonna stop you right there, Mr. Joseph.
我要打断你了,约瑟夫先生
I can't help you.
我没办法帮助你
You don't know what I'm asking.
你都不知道我要说什么
I don't need to.
我不用知道
In the four years I've frequented your Web site,
在过去的四年中,我是你网站的常客
I've sent you no fewer than 13 letters
我给你发了不下13封站内信
detailing my proposed solutions to the phenomenon
建议解决这个叫做
known as colony collapse disorder.
蜂群衰竭失调现象的方法
You have sent me exactly zero replies.
你给我的回复为零
You know how much correspondence I get?
你知道我每天收到多少站内信吗
I've got no idea.
我不知道
I do know, however,
但是我知道
that mine is backed by quality thinking.
我的信件是经过深思熟虑而写的
If you'd bothered to find that out,
如果你都懒得去看的话
you wouldn't find yourself without a detective
在你需要帮助之时
in your hour of need.
就不会没有侦探来帮你了
Is there some way that I can make this up to you?
有没有什么方式能让我补偿你呢
I suppose, if you were to publish my theories
我想,如果你之前将我有关伽马射线的理论
on gamma rays as a potential solution to CCD,
当做可能解决蜂群衰竭失调的方法之一
then I might be able to hear you out.
那我也许可以听你说一说
Gamma rays?
伽马射线
They... they've worked in a couple instances,
他们在一些案例中确实有效
but they... they don't scale as an answer.
但不能作为普遍的解决方式
They're too dangerous.
太危险了
You give John Q. Beekeeper access to gamma rays,
要是养蜂人先生都能接触伽马射线了
he'll melt his face off.
他会把自己的脸融掉的
A fact I addressed in my most recent letter.
我在最近的信件中也提到了这一点
Fine.
好吧
Yeah, I'll put it on the site.
我会在站上发表的
I also require that you change your online user name.
我还要求你变更自己的网络用户名
The cheap punnery of "BeeBeeKing17"
蜂蜂王17这个名字
is offensive to musicians and apiarists alike.
对音乐家和养蜂人均是种冒犯
You'll make the change?
你会改吗
I guess.
我想是吧
Good.
很好
So what seems to be the problem?
那你遇到了什么麻烦
How do you feel about a field trip?
你想不想跟我去走一趟
I'm the assistant curator of mammals here.
我是这里的动物管理员
Your problem concerns zebras.
你的麻烦是关于斑马的
More specifically, the complete lack thereof.
确切的说,是没有斑马的问题
You've managed to lose track of your zebras?
你弄丢了你的斑马吗
Someone broke in here and took them last night.
昨晚有人闯进来带走了它们
Two females. They're on loan to us
两只雌性,是暂借给我们的
because we're experts in equine breeding.
因为我们是马类繁殖专家
Breeding?
繁殖
Both the stolen animals are pregnant.
被偷的两匹斑马都怀孕了
And they're due in less than a week.
而且一周内就要生产了
Detective Bell, you're here. Excellent.
贝尔警探,你来啦,太好了
No, it's not Detective Bell today.
今天不用叫我贝尔警探
The department told me I had too many vacation days built up,
局里说我攒了太多的假期
so I had to use them or lose them.
不放就没有了
I'm aware you're off duty.
我知道你放假了
In fact, that's exactly why I asked you here.
事实上,正因如此我才叫你来
I've picked up some potentially interesting work
我接了一件有趣的案子
involving stolen zebras.
有斑马被偷了
I thought it might be an opportunity
我觉得可能是一个好机会
for you to gain more exposure to my methods.
让你见识一下我的手法
You want me to work a case with you?
你想让我和你一起办案
An informal setting is a more fertile learning environment,
非正式环境有助于更好地学习
don't you think?
不是吗
Think of it is a favor.
就当是帮你个忙
So I'll work for you, and somehow you're doing me a favor?
我为你工作,却是你在帮我
Well, I do owe you a debt.
我确实欠你的
You'll recall the unfortunate business with you and the bullet.
你是否记得你与子弹的那件倒霉事
I remember when you got me shot.
我记得你让我挨了枪子
Look, I get it-- you want somebody to talk at,
我明白的,你想找个人说话
but you don't want to bother Joan right now?
但是目前不想去打扰乔恩
I will pay you.
我会付钱给你
I'm already getting paid today.
今天局里会给我发工资
A donation to the charity of your choice, then.
那就选个慈善组织捐掉好了
How'd you know I didn't have plans for the day?
你怎么知道我今天没有计划的
People who are forced by their employers to take time off
那些被老板强迫放假的人
don't generally have thriving social lives.
一般来说没有多少社交生活
My rate to the Harlem Youth Club.
我的钱捐给哈莱姆青年俱乐部
You keep track of the hours.
你记好时间吧
So you think someone just led a couple zebras
你认为某人牵着两匹斑马
out the back door and drove away?
来到后门然后开车跑了吗
They had to get the animals out of here somehow.
他们肯定要找个把动物带走的方法
This loading dock is the only
这个装货区是唯一一个
relatively private means of egress.
相对来说比较隐蔽的出口
I examined the scene before you arrived,
你来之前我检查过现场
and there were several fresh hoofprints in the soil
在其中一个门附近的土地上有一些
near one of the doors.
比较新的蹄印
Saw a few security cameras in the zoo.
我看到动物园里有监控摄像头
Have you seen the footage? There isn't any.
你看过录像了吗,什么都没有
Not coincidentally, the power to the cameras
并非巧合,那些摄像头的电源
was knocked out shortly before the robbery.
在抢劫之前都被短暂地切断了
And that didn't trip an alarm?
这没触发警报吗
This is a zoo-I don't think burglary
这是个动物园,我觉得
is generally of paramount concern.
没必要警惕窃贼
Now, there are two sets of tire tracks within the loading dock.
在装货区有两组车胎印
Tread is identical, but one set of tracks
胎面相同,但是一组胎印
is approximately one centimeter deeper than the other.
比另一组深一公分
If you need me to translate
如果你想让我用
that into the idiom of American exceptionalism,
比较日常的用语来进行表达的话
a centimeter is about a third of an inch.
一公分等于一厘米
I got it, thanks.
我知道的,谢谢解答
So the first set of tracks is when they drove up;
所以第一组胎印是他们来时留下的
the second one's deeper because
第二组比较深是因为
they had zebras in the back when they drove away.
他们开走的时候车上载着斑马
Well deduced, Detective Bell.
推理得很棒,贝尔警探
I knew you'd make good company.
我就知道你是个好搭档
Let me ask you something-- what do you think would happen
请允许我问个问题,你觉得如果
if you call me by my first name?
你直接叫我的名字会怎样
You worried I'll take away
你怕我会抢走
your blood pudding or something?
你的血布丁还是怎么
What? No.
什么,当然不
Good. 'Cause I don't even know what blood pudding is.
那就好,我也不知道血布丁是什么玩意
"Marcus" Works just fine.
叫我马库斯就可以了
Looks like they scraped against the gate on the way out.
看起来他们出来的时候刮到门了
So we're looking for a purple truck
看来我们要找的是一辆紫色货车
with two pregnant zebras in the back.
后面装着两匹怀孕的斑马
These guys really know how to keep a low profile.
这些人还真是懂怎么保持低调
That might be better camouflage than it seems.
这伪装没准比看起来的要好
That shade of purple is a proprietary color
这种紫色是一种专利颜色
owned by Axiom Parcel Delivery, or APD.
是公理快递公司,简称APD公司专有的
It's almost impossible to reproduce
如果没有公司的同意
without the company's consent.
是几乎不可能仿造的
So, if you can't reproduce the color,
所以如果有了这种颜色
that means the thieves stole an APD truck.
就说明劫匪偷了一辆APD货车
Or they drive one.
或者本就是他们开的车
Anyway, we should find out if a truck's been stolen.
不管怎样,我们应该看看有没有货车被偷
Then what? I mean, these guys aren't gonna be dumb enough
然后呢,那些家伙不可能蠢到
to drive around with plates that have been reported stolen.
开着一辆已被报失的车到处走吧
License plates aren't the only way
车牌号不是寻找那辆货车的
to find that truck, Detective Bell.
唯一途径,贝尔警探
It's "Marcus."
请叫我马库斯
Hello? In here.
你好,在这里
Why is your picture on the wall at the Indian place?
为什么印地安餐厅那里有你的照片
Oh. I helped the owner's family resolve a misunderstanding
我帮助那里店主的家人解决了一场
having to do with caste system, and they were very grateful.
关于种姓问题的误会,他们很感激
And now you're weighing a toaster?
而你现在正在给烤面包机称重
Finally got through
终于搞定了
to Axiom Parcel Delivery's corporate office.
公理快递公司的法务办公室
It seems one of their trucks was stolen
看来他们确实有辆卡车被偷了
eight days ago in Queens.
是八天前在皇后区
Apparently, the driver left one of the vehicles running
显然,某位司机没把车熄火
when he went inside on a home delivery,
就去屋里送件了
and when he emerged, the truck and its cargo were gone.
当他出来时,货车和货物都不见了
Very likely, that's the truck used in the zoo robbery.
那辆车很可能被用来抢劫动物园了
You say that like it explains why you're weighing a toaster.
你那样子好像是在解释为什么要称烤面包机
APD were kind enough
APD很慷慨地
to send over the truck's manifest for that day.
送来了那天货车上的载货单
I have listed it here.
我都列在这里了
For each package, we know the sender's address,
每个包裹,我们都知道送货人的地址
the recipient's address and the weight of each parcel.
收货人的地址,还有每个包裹的重量
Using that information, I'm attempting to identify
根据这些信息,我正在尝试辨认
the contents of each box.
每个包裹里的物件
I'm weighing the probable objects that I have handy,
我在给手边的可能物体称重
and relying on weights listed online for ones that I do not.
手边没有的我就去网上查
How is this supposed to help us?
这怎么可能帮到我们
It already has. Package number 27.
已经帮到了,二十七号包裹
From Pet Junction in Chicago to Seth Buxton, Bayside--
从芝加哥的宠物联结到贝赛德的赛斯·巴克斯
12 pounds, nine ounces.
十二镑九盎司(十一斤)
The weight of the package is the sum of the weights
包裹的总重量里包含了
of a water bowl, a package of canine treats and a tail trail.
一个水盆,一包训犬饼干和一个追踪带
What's a tail trail?
什么是追踪带
It's a pet collar
是一种宠物项圈
which features a GPS tracking chip.
上边有着全球定位芯片
The collar comes precharged,
项圈是预先充好电的
which means the tracking chip is already active,
也就是说追踪芯片在打开之前
even before it's opened, so if we can find the tracking chip,
就已经激活了,如果我们能找到追踪芯片
we might be able to find the stolen truck.
我们也许就能找到被偷的货车
Or it'll take us to some guy who bought stolen pet supplies.
或是带我们找到某个买了被偷货物的家伙
Either way, it's a leap we did not have one hour ago.
不管怎样,这是我们一小时前没有的线索
How much chili powder's in here?
这里面放了多少辣椒粉
The restaurant has instructions
餐厅被要求
to make my orders as picante as they can.
把我的餐点弄得尽可能辣
Did you tell them you were ordering for two?
你跟他们说是给两个人订的了吗
No.
没有
I'll go tech assist.
我打给技术部门
They should have GPS on the collar soon.
他们应该很快能定位项圈的位置
Then I guess I'll order another lunch.
然后我得给自己订午饭
Looks like the guy who stole the truck
看来偷车的人
just dumped the boxes here.
把盒子都扔在这里了
So, uh...
那个...
how's Joan doing anyway?
乔恩还好吗
I haven't seen her since the funeral.
葬礼后就没再见过她了
I don't know.
不知道
All I know is, she's not doing well,
我只知道她过得不好
but other than that, she's not confided in me.
除了这点,她什么都没告诉我
So when you two aren't working a case,
所以你俩不办案的时候
what happens?
都做什么
You just sit around in contemplative silence?
就沉默地坐着干瞪眼吗
I'm not opposed to a productive silence,
沉默有用时,我不反对沉默
but in this case, I have offered to listen.
但在这件事上,我跟她说我愿意倾听
My first partner was involved in a shooting
我的第一个搭档,在刚入职八周时
eight weeks into the job.
经历了枪击案
I let him walk around with PTSD for the next six months.
此后六个月,他患上创伤性后遗症
I offered to help, too,
我也跟他说我愿意帮忙
but we didn't get anywhere until I insisted.
但在我坚持要帮他以后,他才好转
You find something?
找到什么了吗
I don't know.
不知道
It's a receipt.
是张收据
Or at least, it was.
至少之前是
Modern receipts are printed often with thermal ink.
当今收据上的墨水都经过高温处理
It helps the text appear sharp and clean.
有助于文字更清晰可见
Trouble is, it fades rather quickly.
问题是,褪色褪得特别快
Unless you heat it.
除非给其加热
Precisely.
没错
"855 North Sullivan Street, Brooklyn"
布鲁克林,沙利文北街855号
It is, apparently, the address of "Criterion Equine Veterinary Services"
很显然是"标准马匹兽医服务所"的地址
A horse hospital.
一家马匹医院
This may not be here by coincidence.
这东西出现在这里不是偶然
Someone here might have something
说不定这附近有人
to do with our stolen zebras.
跟这桩斑马盗窃案有关联
I'm sorry I should come over without announcing myself.
很抱歉没提前打招呼就来了
I was cleaning out Andrew's apartment.
我在清理安德鲁的住处
Those items belong to you, I assume?
我想这些东西都是你的吧
Thank you.
谢谢
Um, would you like to, uh...
你想...
I really need to be going.
我得走了
Uh, Mr. Mittal,
米塔尔先生
I am so sorry.
我很抱歉
I know that I said that to you at the service already,
我知道我在葬礼上跟您说过了
but I wanted to say it again.
但我想再说一次
I... I can't help but feel responsible
安德鲁的死
for what happened to Andrew.
我要负很大责任
My wife says you believe
我妻子说
a woman named Elana March killed my son?
你认为是伊莱娜·马奇杀了我儿子
Did Andrew know you put her in jail?
安德鲁知道是你把她送进监狱的吗
We talked about it.
我们谈过这件事
Do you think he realized you might become a target?
你觉得他知道你可能会遭人暗算吗
To be honest, we hadn't really talked
说实话,我们有一段时间
about Elana March in a while.
没有提起伊莱娜·马奇了
I don't hold you responsible for Andrew's death.
安德鲁的死,我不会怪在你头上
You didn't poison him.
不是你下毒害死他的
But given everything I've learned about this woman,
但据我对这个女人的了解
it's not unreasonable to think she'd take measures against you.
她想办法报复你,是极有可能的
You have guards.
你现在有保镖
You've taken every precaution now.
你现在已经采取防范措施了
I wish you'd done more before.
要是你以前这么小心就好了
So we made it to Criterion Equine.
我们到兽医所了
What do we do, go in there
现在怎么做
and listen for hoofbeats?
进去听马蹄声吗
I'm confident something will present itself
我相信只要我们进去
once we're inside.
就一定会有所发现
Something like the purple truck we've been looking for?
比如我们一直在寻找的紫色卡车吗
Why go through the trouble of stealing two zebras
为什么要费这么大劲去偷两匹斑马
if you're just gonna dump them
如果只是为了在十二小时后
in a warehouse 12 hours later?
把它们丢进一个仓库呢
Technically...
严格来说...
there should be four zebras here.
这里应该有四匹斑马
Both of these mares are pregnant, remember?
这两匹母马都怀孕了,记得吗
Although, this is Oxytocin.
这是催生素
It's mammalian neurohypophysial hormone,
是哺乳动物神经垂体激素
which is used to induce labor in quine species
用于马匹类助产
Both of these animals have given birth since their kidnapping.
这两匹马在被绑架之后都生产了
So the thief wanted the babies, but not the mothers?
这么说这贼想要马宝宝,而不是母马吗
Why?
为什么
Well...
这个嘛...
Well, we were right about one thing.
我们说对了一件事
Someone from Criterion Equine Services
这家兽医服务所中
is involved in this crime.
有人卷入了犯罪活动
David Chang was a vet at Criterion Equine.
大卫·张是兽医所的兽医
Looks like he didn't die from the first bullet.
中第一枪时,他没死
We found some DNA under his fingernails
我们在他的指甲里找到了DNA
that must have come from the killer.
应该属于凶手
Chang tried to fight after he got shot.
在中枪后,张曾试图反击
What about our stripey friends?
那两匹斑马呢
Well, both zebras are on their way back to the zoo.
它们已经在回动物园的路上了
They should arrive within the hour.
一个小时内就能到
CSU's still got some things to finish up,
现场调查组还在搜查
but here's what I got so far.
这是我目前的推理
David Chang and a partner steal an APD truck
大卫·张和他的同伙上星期在皇后区
in Queens last week,
偷了一辆APD卡车
which they use to transport two stolen zebras last night.
他们昨晚用这辆车偷运了两匹斑马
Dr. Chang oversees the birth of the zebra foals
今早,大卫·张负责监管两匹斑马
in this warehouse early this morning,
在仓库产下小马驹
after which his partner shoots him
然后,他的同伙开枪杀了他
and flees the scene with both newborns.
带着两只斑马宝宝逃离了现场
Wrong.
All right, what am I missing?
好吧,我漏了什么线索
All the parts that matter.
所有重要的线索
A man who is not David Chang steals an APD truck.
有人偷了APD卡车,此人不是大卫·张
Said truck is then used to abduct two zebras.
卡车是为了偷运斑马用的
Knowing that induced equine births can be quite troublesome,
偷马贼知道马匹催生会很棘手
the zebra thief drives his truck to this warehouse,
他把卡车开到了这间仓库
a mere 100 meters from a renowned horse infirmary
离一家有名的马匹诊所不足一百米
with a renowned horse infirmarist.
诊所里还有个着名的兽医
The delivery of the foals does indeed become troublesome.
斑马生产确实很棘手
At which point, the zebra thief forcibly enlists the help
这时,偷马贼用武力强迫大卫·张
of Dr. David Chang.
让他帮忙
The good doctor delivers the foals,
这位出色的医生顺利接生后
and is then shot to keep him quiet.
被凶手灭口
I assume you got some evidence that supports that theory?
你有证据证明你的推论吧
I had a look through David Chang's phone
在大卫·张的手机被收走之前
before it was carted off.
我瞄了几眼
There are a myriad of texts from his wife
他妻子给他发了无数条短信
wondering why he is late
问他为什么错过
for a flight to Chicago an hour ago.
一个小时前飞往芝加哥的航班
David Chang is an innocent victim, not a willing confederate.
大卫·张只是受害者,不是同谋
I still don't understand why the shooter would just
我还是不明白为何凶手把卡车放在这儿
leave the truck here for us to find.
让我们发现呢
Well, you can't drive a truck with a broken rear axle.
后轴坏了还怎么开
Come again? The rear axle of this truck is fractured.
再说一遍,卡车的后轴断了
Probably occurred when the zebra thief tried
可能是偷马贼没用活动滑梯
to unload 1,500 pounds worth of zebra
将一千五百磅的斑马运上车时
without any kind of ramp.
不小心弄断的
This is an unfamiliar space.
这是完全陌生的地方
The animals would have been quite panicked.
动物们肯定受惊了
So, after the births in the warehouse,
这么说,斑马在仓库生产后
the perp tries to drive away, but the truck won't move,
犯人想开车走,但是车坏了
so he takes the zebra foals
所以他带着小斑马
and flees the scene in a different vehicle?
开着另一辆车离开了犯罪现场
Probably an SUV, judging by the amount
根据你身后街上的大量碎玻璃来看
of broken glass on the street behind you.
可能是辆运动型多用途车
I'll put out a "Find This" message
我去发一张关于窗户破碎的
for an SUV with a broken window.
越野车的通缉令
You and I, meanwhile, will make some calls to upstate New York.
与此同时,我们给纽约北部打几个电话
"Federals Feeds, Thiells, New York."
联邦饲料店,西尔斯,纽约
Yeah. I think it's the feed dispensary
对,我觉得这就是窃贼
where our thief purchased all his hay.
买干草的饲料店
Well, where'd you find this?
你从哪找到的
'Cause CSU was already in there, and they didn't find anything.
现场调查组已经进去过了,没找到任何东西
Well, they failed to examine the zebra droppings.
他们没有检查斑马的粪便
Lasagna is best eaten after a short cooling off period.
千层面冷却一会之后最好吃
This should be at optimal temperature shortly.
它马上就会降到最佳温度了
This is completely unnecessary, but... thanks.
没必要这么麻烦,但还是谢了
If you're gonna stay, you can work.
如果你打算留下,你可以工作
I know you want to.
我知道你想工作
You know, I-I pulled away from you last year
知道吗,我去年从你那里离开
because, um,
是因为
I felt myself getting sucked into this world that you built.
我觉得自己被困在你建造的世界里了
I wanted something normal.
我想要一些正常的东西
Something that was mine.
一些属于我的东西
Well, there's nothing wrong with that.
这并没有错
You have a right to your own space.
你有权拥有自己的空间
Both physically and mentally.
生理上和心理上的
I'm not sure that I do.
我现在不确定了
I don't think I can keep our work
我觉得我没法把我们的工作
and my private life separate.
和我的私人生活分开
Just doesn't seem possible.
看起来完全不可能
Well, you already know that.
你已经知道这个了
I mean, it's part of the reason you live the way that you do.
所以你才会那样生活
Yes, but my choices do not have to be your choices, Watson.
但我的选择不一定要是你的选择,华生
I might be better off if they were.
如果是的话我可能会更好
Andrew would have been better off.
安德鲁也可能会更好
Wow, I really enjoyed that.
这一刻真是太享受了
I'm so sorry. I didn't intend to spend the night here.
抱歉,我不是有意要在这里过夜的
I got caught up in my work.
我的工作陷入了僵局
So what's up with the maps?
地图是怎么回事
Detective Bell and I are in pursuit of
我和贝尔警探正在找
a pair of infant zebras.
两只斑马幼崽
The man who stole them is also very likely a murderer.
偷它们的人很可能是个谋杀犯
And last night, we determined that he bought zebra food
昨晚我们认为他在一家叫联邦饲料的店里
and other supplies from a store called Federal Feeds.
买了斑马的食物和其它必需品
We spoke to the store manager, and he confirmed
我们跟店主谈过了,他确定
that he sold supplies to a man
上周四他把东西卖给了一个
driving an APD delivery truck last Thursday.
开着APD快递卡车的人
Great, so you have a description.
很好,所以你有了嫌犯描述
Yes and no.
是也不是
The only details to emerge was that
唯一的细节就是
he was six foot tall and caucasian.
他身高一米八,是白种人
The manager did recall that the man had been
经理记起那个男的
complaining about a hailstorm the night before.
一直在抱怨前夜下的冰雹
And you're looking at
而你在看
Rockland county weather maps from--
罗克兰德县的天气地图
When did you say the guy bought supplies? Thursday?
你说那人是什么时候买的东西,周四
Okay, so these maps are from Wednesday night.
所以这就是周三晚上的地图
Figure out where it hailed in Rockland county,
找找看罗克兰德县哪里下过冰雹
and then see if you can find a place
然后看看能不能找到
where you could keep a couple of baby zebras.
一个能藏两匹小斑马的地方
That was my approach. We've already had the police
我就是这么干的,我们已经让罗克兰德县的
in Rockland county search every stable, barn and farmhouse
警方去搜查下冰雹的区域里
within the areas of falling hail.
所有的马棚,谷仓和农舍了
What?
怎么了
I read about a psychiatric hospital in Rockland county
我知道罗克兰德县有一家叫莱奇沃思村的
named Letchworth Village.
精神病医院
It's been closed for a while now,
那里已经关了一段时间了
but it was well-known because the inmates kept up
但它曾因一个靠病人运营的农场
a working farm.
而闻名
They grew crops, they raised chickens and cows.
他们种庄稼,养鸡和牛
I'm sure it must have had stables.
那里肯定有畜舍
They haven't torn it down?
他们没把它拆了吗
No.
没有
It's right there.
就在那
It's quiet, lots of space, far away from people.
这里很安静,很宽敞,又远离人群
It's not a bad place to raise stolen zebra foals,
是个养偷来的斑马幼崽的不错之处
even if it is straight out of a scary movie.
尽管这里就像恐怖片里的场景一样
No doubt this facility's seen its fair share of horrors.
这里肯定发生过不少恐怖的事
There was also some good work done here.
但这里也发生过一些好事
Did you know letchworth village was where doctors
你知道莱奇沃思村是最早让医生们
administered the very first polio vaccin...
提供脊髓灰质炎疫苗...
Polio vaccination? Yeah, I knew that.
脊髓灰质炎疫苗,我知道
Look, I Googled the name on the way over here, same as you.
我在路上也谷歌了这家医院,跟你一样
We found something. North end of building three.
我们有发现了,在第三栋楼的最北边
We're on our way.
我们马上到
It's right over here.
就在这里
We're looking for two. Any sign of the other one?
我们要找的是两匹,有看到另一匹吗
Nothing yet.
还没有
Well, I guess one baby zebra's better than none.
我想总比一匹都没找到的好
You're not wrong...
你说得有道理
but unless I'm mistaken, that's not a zebra.
除非我搞错了,但这不是匹斑马
What?
什么
This animal's not a zebra.
这动物不是斑马
It's a quagga.
它是一头斑驴
It's an equine species native to South Africa.
是原产于南非的马科动物
Never heard of them.
从没听说过
Well, that's hardly surprising.
这不奇怪
Been well over 100 years since anyone's seen a quagga.
已经一百多年没人见过斑驴了
Species has been extinct since 1883.
这种生物1883年就灭绝了
Zebras gave birth to extinct animals?
斑马产下了已经灭绝的动物
Looks like the guy was out on an errand
看起来那家伙在我们搜查的时候
with the second foal when we searched the place.
带着第二只幼崽出去了
Showing his new merchandise to a potential buyer, perhaps.
可能是去让潜在客户看货了
I... I don't care if you found one quagga,
我不在乎你们找到了一头斑驴
two quagga... I care that you found any.
还是两头斑驴,我在乎的是你们真的找到了
They're extinct.
它们已经灭绝了
Actually, it seems that they're now de-extinct.
看起来它们又被繁育出来了
As I'm sure you're aware, scientists have recently
我想你肯定知道,科学家们最近
pioneered biotechnology capable of resurrecting extinct species.
开创的生物工程学能够再造灭绝物种
Essentially, the DNA of the extinct creature is
原理就是把灭绝物种的DNA
placed inside the uterus of its nearing living genetic relative.
植入活着的遗传学近亲的子宫里
In the quagga's case, that's a zebra.
对于斑驴来说,近亲就是斑马
One pregnancy later, a formerly extinct species
怀孕分娩之后,曾经灭绝的物种
is birthed into being.
就又复活了
De-extinction is a painstaking process, Dr. Joseph.
人工再造是个很辛苦的过程,约瑟夫医生
The pregnant animal requires great care and attention
怀孕的动物在孕期
throughout its gestation period,
需要特别照料
which in the case of the zebras, would be 13 months.
对于斑马来说,孕期长达十三个月
Someone's been giving our zebras secret checkups?
有人在偷偷检查这些斑马吗
No one has access to these animals except zoo employees.
除了动物园的员工没人能接触到它们
17 months ago, a pair of female zebras
十七个月前,两匹雌性斑马
arrived at the Bronx zoo.
来到了布朗克斯动物园
Three months later, it was announced
三个月后,动物园对外宣称
that both animals were pregnant.
两匹斑马都怀孕了
Unbeknownst to anyone except our mysterious de-extinctionist,
除了我们神秘的人工再造学家
the animals were not pregnant with zebras but with quaggas.
没人知道它们肚子里不是斑马而是斑驴
Now, for the next 56 weeks,
在接下来的五十六周
they enjoy first-rate care
它们在你那里
and accommodation at your facility,
享受着头等待遇
then when their due date's finally drawn near, the criminal
等预产期快到的时候,嫌犯把它们
drives them away in a truck to give birth in secret.
用卡车运走,让它们秘密生产
Why, though? If you're gonna reintroduce a species,
可是为什么,如果你想再造一个物种
wouldn't you want to be honored for it?
这不该是带给人荣耀的事吗
Honored. Or paid.
荣耀,或者是报酬
Not necessarily in that order.
在罪犯的世界里荣耀不重要
The illegal market for rare and endangered animals
稀有和濒危动物的非法交易市场
is quite robust.
非常繁荣
The introduction of an extinct creature
再造一种灭绝生物
could create quite a frenzy in certain shadowy places.
能在黑市上掀起不小的波澜
Dr. Joseph, we're assuming you have an alibi
约瑟夫医生,你昨晚和今早
for last night and this morning?
有不在场证明吗
I was with my wife and kids last night.
昨晚我和我妻子还有孩子们在一起
We had friends over for dinner, I dropped my daughter off
我们有朋友过来吃饭,我今早送我女儿
at school this morning.
去上学了
Excellent. Now that we've cleared that up,
很好,既然我们已经弄清了这些
we need your help.
我们需要你的帮助
Good afternoon.
各位下午好
Those of you who came in on your day off, thanks.
那些正在休假的员工,谢谢你们能来
As the group that looks after the zebras here at the zoo,
作为动物园斑马饲养小组的成员
I wanted to give you the chance to meet
让我给你们介绍一下
the men responsible for bringing our ladies home.
就是他们帮我们找回了斑马
Detective Marcus Bell
马库斯·贝尔警探
and NYPD consultant Sherlock Holmes.
和纽约市警察局的顾问夏洛克·福尔摩斯
We appreciate the welcome, but unfortunately,
感谢你们的热情,然而
one of you is being quite hypocritical.
你们之中有一个人并非真的心怀感激
The man who stole your zebras,
那个偷走了斑马的人
who is most likely the same man
很有可能还同时谋杀了
who murdered a veterinarian named David Chang,
一名叫做大卫·张的兽医
is amongst us at this very moment.
而这个人现在就在你们中间
His name is Donovan Gaines.
凶手就是多诺万·盖恩斯
What? No, no, I...
什么,不...
Save your protests for the trial.
辩词留到法庭上再说吧
You, Donovan, are the man who stole a truck
多诺万,你上周从公理快递公司
from Axiom parcel delivery last week.
偷走了一辆卡车
You are the man who used that truck to steal two zebras
你就是用那辆卡车
from this facility.
从动物园里偷走了两匹斑马
And when their delivery did not go as you had hoped,
然而它们的分娩并没有你想象中的那么顺利
you're very likely the man who murdered
你很有可能因此
Dr. David Chang in cold blood.
残忍地谋杀了大卫·张医生
No, no, you're crazy. I didn't have...
不,你疯了,我没有...
Detective Bell, could I speak to you
贝尔警探,我们能到那儿
over here for a moment? Would you just...
单独聊聊吗,请你们...
one second.
稍等片刻
What are you doing? You didn't tell me you had a suspect.
你这是干嘛,你没说过你已经有了嫌疑人
I don't. Or I didn't when I started talking. I do now.
在我开口前确实没有,但现在有了
You'll recall the manager at Federal Feeds
你应该记得联邦饲料的经理
described our perpetrator as a white man.
说起过凶手是个白人
Course I remember. That's why I was surprised
我当然记得,所以你指责那家伙是凶手
when you tore into that guy.
让我很意外
I've accused Donovan Gaines because I'm quite certain
我之所以宣称多诺万·盖恩斯是凶手
he did not commit the crimes; I wanted to observe
是因为我很确定他并非真凶,我这么做
the behaviors of the other people in the room.
是想借此观察屋里其他人的反应
Now, the more I've accused Donovan Gaines,
我越宣称多诺万·盖恩斯是凶手
the more a man named Ben Reynolds has relaxed.
一个叫本·雷诺兹的人就越放松下来
His breathing has slowed, his blood pressure has dropped,
他的呼吸渐缓,血压降低
and his hands have unclenched, he is relieved.
两手慢慢松开,觉得如释重负
I-is everything okay?
发生什么事了吗
Everybody's kind of waiting to
大家都想知道
see if you guys plan to come back over...
你们是否还会回去接着说下去...
Actually, we only have business with one of your employees.
其实我们只想找你们员工中的一个
Ben Reynolds.
本·雷诺兹
And we'd prefer to speak to him at the station.
我们希望能带他回局里谈谈
Finally.
总算来了
I'm gonna say one thing and then I want my lawyer.
在我的律师到场前我只想说一件事
I did not steal two zebras.
偷走那两匹斑马的人不是我
Why would anybody even do that?
谁会想做那种事
Oh, well, in this case, to use their wombs
就这件案子来说
to reintroduce the Quagga species to the world.
你想是借它们的子宫繁育出斑驴
Are you not using your job at the zoo
你是否借由在动物园的工作
to finance your PhD in Zoology?
来资助自己攻读动物学博士
Yeah. So?
没错,所以呢
So you have the technical expertise
所以你具备足够的专业技术
to attempt de-extinction, you have access to the zebras,
来人工繁育绝种动物,你还能接触到斑马
you also have quite a bit of debt.
同时你还负债累累
You fit the profile of our criminal rather exactly.
你非常符合本案罪犯的特质
Mr. Reynolds, we're gonna cut to the chase.
雷诺兹先生,我们长话短说
The man who killed David Chang
谋杀大卫·张的人
left DNA behind at the scene.
在作案现场留下了DNA
So if it wasn't you, just provide us with a sample,
如果你不是凶手,只要提供DNA样本给我们
you'll be on your way.
你就能排除嫌疑了
Why should I help you?
我为什么要配合你们
If you choose not to cooperate,
如果你不合作的话
we'll just monitor your whereabouts
我们就会密切监视你
until we can force you to.
直到申请到搜查令
Lawyer.
我要律师
Now.
就现在
I'll put a team on him till we get the paperwork.
在文书下来之前我会派人监视他
If we're lucky, we won't even need a court order.
如果我们走运,就用不着法院的强制令了
He's not gonna give us a DNA sample,
他不会主动提供自己的DNA样本
but perhaps he's got one floating about in the wild.
但也许我们能在别处找到
You really are on your best behavior.
你这几天真是表现好得惊人
Must have killed you not to just pick the lock.
忍住不撬门锁一定让你生不如死
Nonsense. I had several more seconds worth of waiting in me.
胡说,门后的人值得我多等几秒钟
Your mail.
你的信
I did pick that lock.
那个锁我是撬了
Although I did not steam open any of the correspondence.
但我没有用蒸汽私自打开过这些信
Been shopping.
你去购物了
Yeah, you've been great the past few days,
最近的几天,你都很体贴
but, you know, it's time to get off the couch.
但是我不能总一直窝在沙发里了
Well, you'll be pleased to know that your nudge
你提供的关于莱奇沃思村的线索
towards Letchworth Village paid off.
给我们提供了帮助,你一定很高兴吧
This afternoon, Detective Bell and I identified
今天下午,贝尔警探和我找到了
the zebra-stealing murderer as a zoo employee
偷斑马的杀人凶手,他是动物园员工
named Ben Reynolds.
名叫本·雷诺兹
He refused to give us a DNA sample,
他拒绝提供自己的DNA样本
so I placed a call to my contact at the zoo,
所以我打电话找了我在动物园的熟人
who happily dug through the trash
他很乐意去翻垃圾桶
and found a can of the grape soda
并找到了一罐葡萄汽水
preferred by Mr. Reynolds.
这是雷诺兹先生钟爱的饮料
And preliminary DNA test results indicate a match.
初步DNA鉴定显示两者匹配
Bell and his merry men
贝尔和他的手下
are on their way to make an arrest as we speak.
现在正在去抓捕的途中
What is it?
那是什么
Look at the return zip code.
看看寄信人的邮编
It's the same place as the prison they're keeping Elana March.
正是关押伊莱娜·马奇的那个监狱
I doubt that's her handwriting.
我觉得这不是她的字迹
She'd have found someone to send it on her behalf.
她一定是找人替她写的
We can call Captain and tell him there's been a threat.
我们打电话给警监告诉他你受到了威胁
Detective Bell. Mr. Reynolds in custody?
贝尔警探,抓到雷诺兹先生了吗
Ben Reynolds is in the wind.
本·雷诺兹凭空消失了
Well, how's that possible? You had men watching him.
怎么可能,你不是派人监视着他吗
You should get over here.
你最好马上过来
Go. I'll call Gregson. This is just
去吧,我会打给格雷森
Elana trying to get inside my head.
伊莱娜·马奇只是想扰乱我的心智
Reynolds came home at 4:30.
雷诺兹在四点半回到家
We had a unit on the front and back door.
前门和后门都有我们的人看着
He never left. Now, we show up to arrest him at 6:30,
他从没离开过,我们六点半到达实施逮捕
and the place is empty.
但这里空无一人
I take it you've searched the other apartments in the building?
你应该已经搜过这栋楼的另外一间公寓了吧
He's nowhere.
哪儿都找不到他
It's like the guy vanished into thin air.
就像凭空消失了一样
You know the slang
你知道有句俚语叫"走八十六号"
"to eighty-six," meaning to get rid of something,
就是摆脱某物的意思吧
Originated in a new York speakeasy called Chumley's?
它起源于纽约一间叫丘姆利的非法酒吧
No.
不知道
You see, the rear entrance of the bar
酒吧的后门
held the address 86 Bedford street.
在贝德福德街八十六号
Now, when the manager got word that a raid was on its way,
一旦酒吧经理得知马上要进行搜查
he would eighty-six his patrons.
就会让顾客们走八十六号
He would rush them out of the back door,
就是让他们从贝德福德街八十六号的后门
the 86 Bedford street door,
快速离开
while he greeted police at the front.
而同时自己在前门迎接警察的到来
I assume you're going somewhere with this.
你猜你一定是话中有话
Well, as it happens, we're standing across the street
你在到达这里的时候,就好比是
from the building that used to house Chumley's.
站在了丘姆利酒吧的门前
Now, police of the era could never determine exactly...
当时的警察无从得知
How chumley's
丘姆利酒吧是如何
was bringing bootleg liquor into the building.
把私酒运进酒吧的
Turns out, there was a network of tunnels
原来,在非法酒吧和其相邻的建筑下面
leading from the speakeasy to the adjacent buildings...
有连通的地道
buildings the police weren't watching.
而警察并没有监视那栋建筑
Care to have a guess what's underneath these floorboards?
想猜猜这地板下面有什么吗
Ben Reynolds didn't vanish into thin air.
本·雷诺兹并非凭空消失
He vanished into a tunnel.
他只是钻入了地道
Ben Reynolds is wanted for the murder of David Chang.
本·雷诺兹因谋杀大卫·张而遭到通缉
The case against him is strong, so he has no choice but to flee.
证据确凿,因此他只能选择逃跑
He's an indebted graduate student
他是个负债的毕业生
with very few material assets.
没有什么值钱的东西
If he wants to finance his life on the run,
如果他想跑路时有钱花
he has precisely one chip which he can and must cash in.
他只有一样东西可以也必须换成现金
An infant quagga.
一头刚出生的小斑驴
These are the facts.
就这些事实
Questions?
有问题吗
Yes.
What am I doing here?
我来这干嘛
I mean, we had a work day. It ended.
我们工作了一天,结束了
The normal thing is to go our separate ways for a few hours.
正常该做的是分开几个小时
The fire of deduction cannot be kindled
如果没有面对面的交流
without the frisson of person-to-person contact.
演绎之火无法被点燃
If you want to work together,
如果你想一起工作
you need to get used to working odd hours.
就得习惯这不规律的工作时间
I've been working this case as a cop
自从发现了张的尸体后
ever since we found Chang's corpse.
我就一直作为警察在办这个案子
Regardless.
不管怎样
The lines are blurred.
界限很模糊
You are committed to seeing this through via my methods.
你得用我的方法看待这案子
We have no idea where Reynolds is.
我们不知道雷诺兹在哪
A search of his apartment
对他公寓的搜查
has yielded no clues as to where he is keeping
也没有找到他把那头小斑驴
his one remaining quagga.
藏在哪里的线索
He does, however, have to sell the beast.
但他总得把它卖掉
Our best chance of a quick apprehension
我们最快能逮捕他的办法
is to pose as buyers and then arrest him
就是假扮买家,然后在交易的时候
at the point of transaction.
抓住他
How do we do that?
怎么做
This guy knows we're looking for him.
他知道我们在找他
He's not gonna put out a want ad.
他可不会主动发广告
No, but he will want to create a vigorous marketplace
是的不过他会创办一个热闹的
for the animal.
动物交易市场
There is, at this moment,
现在这个时候
a bidding war happening somewhere.
某个地方正在进行激烈的竞拍
All we need to do is find it and win it.
我们需要做的就是找到它并竞拍成功
What's this?
这是什么
This is everything I could find on criminal cases
这是我能找到的与贩卖濒危动物
involving the sale of endangered animals.
有关的所有犯罪案件
There's a global marketplace for these unfortunate creatures.
有一个贩卖这些动物的全球性市场
It's clandestine, but there must be a way
是秘密的,不过一定有办法
to connect the buyers with the sellers.
把买家和卖家联系起来
So you think there's, what, some kind of code these guys use?
怎么,你觉得他们之间有某种暗语什么的
You know, there are people who work this stuff full-time.
有专门干这事的人
Don't you think they would have found it by now?
你觉得他们现在还发现不了吗
People, Detective Bell, are not you and me.
贝尔警探,他们跟我们不一样
You want to tell me why we're having breakfast in Greenpoint?
能告诉我为什么要在绿点吃早餐吗
You made it. Excellent.
你来了,很好
Took the liberty of ordering for you.
我做主给你点了东西
I don't eat red meat.
我不吃红肉
A man of hidden depths.
深藏不露的人
We're here because this cafe
我们来这是因为
affords us the best vantage point.
这家咖啡馆给了我们很有利的位置
Shortly after you fell asleep last night,
昨晚你刚睡不久
I realized there was a common factor
我就发现在最近几次非法的动物交易中
in several recent illegal animal trades.
有一个共同的特点
In each case, the transaction was arranged via a classified ad
每次交易都是通过发布在
placed on a web site that deals in animal trading.
动物交易网站的分类广告安排的
Most of the buying and selling on there, perfectly legitimate,
上面大部分的交易,都是合法的
but every once in a while, there's an ad
但每过一段时间,就会有一条广告
which features the phrase "once in a blue moon"
上面写着"百年不遇"
Is that one of our unmarked vans?
这不是我们的一辆便衣警车吗
"Once in a blue moon" functions as a dog whistle in those ads.
广告中的这句话就像是狗哨一样
It's used to signal that endangered or outlawed animals
表明有濒危动物或者法律禁止交易的动物
are for sale.
可以出售了
And you found an ad last night using that phrase?
你昨晚通过这句话找到了一条广告吗
Five, actually.
其实是五条
It seems that Ben Reynolds is rather keen
本·雷诺兹似乎非常想把
to peddle his equine wares.
他的马类用具卖掉
I contacted him, pretending to be a man named Sigerson.
我假扮成名叫西格森的人联系了他
Why Sigerson?
为什么叫西格森
It's a pseudonym I use occasionally.
这是我偶尔用的假名
I outbid the others,
我打败了其它竞拍者
arranged a meeting, contacted Captain Gregson.
安排好了会面,通知了格雷森警监
Here we are.
就这样
The two parties are meant to inspect things
双方应该检查彼此的货物
to their mutual satisfaction and then switch cars.
都满意后交换车辆
That's Reynolds.
那是雷诺兹
Why aren't they arresting him?
为什么不逮捕他
They haven't seen the quagga yet.
还没有看到那头小斑驴
Freeze!
不许动
You know, I could have arranged all this with the department.
我可以跟警局一起准备的
You were asleep.
你当时睡着了
It was a pleasure, Holmes.
很荣幸,福尔摩斯
No, the pleasure was mine and mine alone, Marcus.
不,是我荣幸才是,马库斯
My dearest Watson,
我亲爱的华生
although it's been far too long
虽然距离我们上次见面
since we laid eyes on each other,
已经过去了很长时间
I continue to follow your career with great interest.
我仍然对你的工作很有兴趣
I was sorry to hear about the murder of Andrew Mittal
对安德鲁·米塔尔被谋杀一事我感到很遗憾
And more than a bit unhappy to learn that his death
而更令我难过的是,他的死
was an attempt on your own most cherished life.
是因为有人想要置你于死地
I still believe there's a game unfolding...
我仍然相信夏洛克和我之间的游戏
...between sherlock and I, and you have made yourself
还没有结束,而你已经成为其中
a valued and essential contributor.
十分重要且根本的要素
I won't have you removed from play prematurely.
我不会让你从这场游戏中永远消失的
Uninvited participants are not welcome at the table,
我不希望有其他人参与进来
and their intrusions will be dealt with accordingly.
所以他们的介入也会受到相应的惩罚
I've got a situation. Open 10 cell.
有情况,打开十号牢房的门
Call the control room immediately.
立刻联系控制室
There may well be more rounds to be played between the two of us,
我们两个之间可能还要缠斗好几个回合
and until such time
但直到
as we're both free to engage,
我们可以自由交手时
I shall remain, in delighted anticipation...
我会继续满心愉悦地期待着
Jamie Moriarty.
婕米·莫里亚蒂
Gregson called the prison an hour ago.
格雷森一小时前给监狱打了电话
Elana March is dead.
伊莱娜·马奇死了
Moriarty was transferred three weeks ago.
莫里亚蒂三周前被转移走了
He's not even sure where they're holding her.
他都不知道她现在被关在哪
Once they find out, someone will go and ask her how she did this.
知道后,会有人去询问她是如何做到的
It's a fool's errand.
白费功夫
She will have left nothing to connect her to the crime.
她不会留下与犯罪有关的证据
And you?
你呢
I feel...
我觉得
okay.
还行
I feel clear about something.
我对一些事看得更明白了
Our work, what we do...
我们的工作,我们做的事
it's not just a job now. It's who I am.
不仅仅是一份工作,而是我的全部
I'm a detective. I'm ready to embrace that.
我是一名侦探,我已经准备好接受了
I live in this world, your world,
我活在这个世界里,你的世界里
and I probably will for the rest of my life.
而且可能以后都要这样了
It isn't my world.
不是我的世界
It's our world.
是我们的世界
I understand that now.
我现在明白了
I accept it. I know what it means.
我接受,我知道这意味着什么
And what does it mean?
意味着什么
It means that it's ridiculous for me to think
意味着我以为能过上正常的生活
that... I can have a normal life.
是很愚蠢的想法
I'm not gonna do that anymore.
我不会再这么想了
Just like I'm not gonna pretend
我也不会装作这里不是
this isn't the best place for us to do our work.
我们工作的最佳地点
You're always welcome to come here.
你随时可以回来
You know that.
你知道的
You don't understand.
你不明白
I'm saying that what I need to do
我是说我需要做的是
is commit myself to this work completely.
让自己全身心投入到这项工作中
The best place for me to do that is here.
而最适合的地方就是这里
I want to come back to the Brownstone.
我想回到褐石屋

重点单词   查看全部解释    
quality ['kwɔliti]

想一想再看

n. 品质,特质,才能
adj. 高品质的

 
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
satisfaction [.sætis'fækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 赔偿,满意,妥善处理,乐事,确信

联想记忆
paramount ['pærəmaunt]

想一想再看

adj. 极为重要的,至高无上的 n. 最高统治者 Pa

联想记忆
global ['gləubəl]

想一想再看

adj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的

联想记忆
approach [ə'prəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 接近; 途径,方法
v. 靠近,接近,动

联想记忆
scale [skeil]

想一想再看

n. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围
v. 依比例决

 
detective [di'tektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 侦探的
n. 侦探

联想记忆
identified

想一想再看

adj. 被识别的;经鉴定的;被认同者 v. 鉴定(id

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。