手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季(MP3+中英字幕) 第4集 谋杀案的突破口

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

So did you learn anything, Watson?

有所收获吗,华生
Yeah.
有啊
That you fight dirty.
知道了你会耍阴招
I fight without mercy.
我是从不手下留情
A habit you should develop if you hope to
你也该养成这样的习惯
defend yourself against bigger, stronger opponents.
才能打败比你高壮的对手
Which may occur, unless we limit ourselves
这很有必要,除非我们只调查
to investigating crimes committed by small children or large house cats.
由小孩或大型家猫所犯的案件
Hello, Mistress.
你好啊,小情人
What?
什么
Hang up and dial 911.
立刻挂电话,然后报警
Ask that Captain Thomas Gregson be informed of the call.
请他们把案情告知托马斯·格雷森警监
I'll be there shortly.
我马上就到
Yes.
好的
Okay. Hurry along, Watson.
好了,赶紧吧,华生
Dead body awaits.
尸体在等我们呢
Call came in around 10:30.
我大概十点半接到电话
New client looking for light CP and a little OTK.
有个新客户要求轻度的CP和OTK服务
Excuse me?
你说什么
CP, corporal punishment. CP
是指体罚
OTK, over-the-knee spanking. OTK
指膝部以上抽打
He said the door would be unlocked.
他说门不会锁
I walked in, and there he was.
所以我直接进来了,看他躺在这
Uh, he was like this when you got here?
你到这的时候他就这样了吗
He had on the mask.
他当时带着面具
I gave him a few commands; he didn't respond.
我给他下了几道命令,但他没反应
At first, I thought he was stubborn.
一开始我还以为他是太固执了
Some slaves are like that.
有些客户会是这样
Then I whacked him with this. Still nothing.
然后我用这个狠狠抽了他,还是毫无反应
I took off the mask and saw that he...
然后我揭下面具,发现他...
he was dead.
已经死了
And that's when you called Holmes.
这时候你就打给了福尔摩斯
And you two know each other how?
你俩是怎么认识的
Mistress Felicia and I got chatting over an exhibition
菲莉茜雅小姐和我在一场
of torture devices throughout history.
历史上的刑具展上相谈甚欢
Realized we had a few friends in common.
还发现我们有几个共同的朋友
We stayed in touch.
之后就一直保持联络
Okay. Our, uh, victim's name is Titus Delancey.
被害人名叫泰提斯·德兰西
Apparently, he lives here,
显然,他住在这
and according to this,
根据这张名片
he's the CEO of APMG Financial Consulting.
他是APMG金融咨询公司的总裁
That'll pay for a few spankings.
这样就付得起请人抽打他了
Ms., uh, Felicia, this is Detective Bell.
菲莉茜雅小姐,这位是贝尔警探
He'll be taking your statement.
他会给你录个口供
Beyond Mistress Felicia's impending arrival
除非是这男人想着菲莉茜雅小姐就要到了
causing this guy to get so excited that he had a heart attack,
兴奋过度导致心脏病发作死亡
I don't think she killed him.
我不认为是她杀了他
Statistically speaking, it would fit.
据科学统计,这很有可能
Cardiac arrest, most common cause of death for men over 50.
心跳骤停,是50岁以上男人最常见的死因
There's no talcum powder.
他没涂爽身粉
Excuse me?
什么
Putting on a latex garment like this is a bit like
穿上这套乳胶衣有点像
putting on a swimsuit that's two sizes too small and already wet.
穿一件已湿透且小两号的泳衣
Talcum powder is generally de rigueur.
一般来说必须涂上爽身粉
While a man of Mr. Delancey's girth
以德兰西先生这样的身材
would not have been able to put on this suit without an assist.
不可能自己独自穿上这件衣服
So you're saying someone helped him into it.
你是说别人帮他穿上的
Note the blue line around his lips.
注意看他嘴唇周围的蓝线
It's methemoglobinemia.
这是高铁血红蛋白症
His blood cells stopped holding oxygen.
说明他的血细胞停止供氧了
It's usually a sign of nitroglycerin overdose.
这一般是服用硝酸甘油过量的表现
Nitroglycerin is prescribed for heart problems.
硝酸甘油是治疗心脏病的必备处方药
If he was on it, he may have overmedicated.
如果他在服药,就有可能是服药过量了
Well, if he's got meds, they're probably upstairs.
如果他有此药物,可能会放在楼上
Prescription or not,
不管医生给没给他开处方
accidental overdose is unlikely.
意外的过量服用都是不太可能的
A lethal dose for a man of his size
要让他这么大个子的男人致死
would be, what, eight to ten tablets?
应该要八到十片吧
That's a lot to consume by mistake.
绝对不可能误服这么多
Bourbon.
波本酒
Perfect vehicle for masking nitroglycerin's odor.
隐藏硝酸甘油气味的完美媒介
Hey.
That could be evidence.
那可能是证物
Yes, yes, yes, yes.
我明白,我明白
I've left plenty of liquid for the lab to analyze.
我会留下足够的量给实验室分析的
I'm quite confident they will confirm my findings.
我相信他们会证实我的发现
What findings?
什么发现
Fire in the hole.
小心火焰
Nitroglycerin, definitely.
绝对是硝酸甘油
That man was poisoned.
那人是被毒死的
'Cause when your night ends with a dead guy in a gimp suit,
因为昨晚以一具穿着紧身衣的尸体结束
why not start your morning with a live one holding a bullwhip?
所以今早你就以练习鞭法开始吗
A thank-you gift from Mistress Felicia for assisting her.
这是菲莉茜雅小姐给我的谢礼
When I wasn't practicing this morning,
今早没练习鞭法的时候
I was pushing forward with our case.
我跟进了一下案情
Detective Bell has spoken with Titus Delancey's wife.
贝尔警探已经和泰提斯·德兰西的妻子谈过了
She and her two sons are preparing
她和两个儿子正准备
to move back from the family's vacation home in Bedford.
从他们在贝德福德的度假屋搬回来
She swears that to the best of her knowledge,
她发誓说,据她所知
her husband was not into S&M.
她的丈夫不喜欢性虐游戏
Uh... may I?
我能过去吗
Yes. Please.
当然,请
She's probably telling the truth.
也许她说的是实话
I mean, we were all over that house
我们在他家找遍了
and there were no other signs of bondage gear anywhere.
都没有别的捆绑用具
Which leads me to believe that the suit which Mr. Delancey
因此我认为德兰西先生死时穿的衣服
was found in was brought there by the poisoner.
是被下毒者带到现场的
And, most likely, recently purchased,
而且根据乳胶的闪亮程度
given the shininess of the latex.
很有可能是最近才购买的
So you think that after the killer poisoned Titus Delancey,
你觉得凶手在毒死泰提斯·德兰西之后
he shoved him into a brand-new latex suit
把他塞进了一件全新的乳胶衣里
and left him to be found by a dominatrix?
再设局让个施虐女王发现他的尸体
He didn't just want Delancey dead,
他不仅要德兰西死
he wanted him humiliated.
他还想要他颜面无存
A distinct possibility.
很有可能是这样
And answers are within our grasp.
而且答案也触手可得
I have learned that that particular brand of suit
我知道这个特定牌子的衣服
is only sold in two sex shops in Manhattan.
只有曼哈顿的两家成人用品店有售
Happily for us, though sadly for submissives of size,
幸运的是,鉴于一般受虐者的身材娇小
one of those stores carries nothing bigger than a large,
而只有其中一家特供大码捆绑衣
which means our victim's XXL suit
所以被害人特大号的衣服
was purchased at an establishment called the Pleasure Parlor.
只能在这家叫做"快乐客厅"的店里买到
Mm. I guess I know where we'll be heading this morning.
看来我知道今早我们要去哪了
Excuse me.
打扰了
Detective Bell, NYPD.
我是纽约警局的贝尔警探
My colleagues and I are investigating the murder of a man
我的同事和我在调查一起谋杀案
found in a black latex body suit, size double-XL.
被害人死时穿着一件特大号的黑色乳胶连体衣
We believe it was purchased here.
我们确信那件衣服是在这里买的
We were hoping you could give us
希望你能提供
the names of customers who bought one in the past month.
过去一个月内买过这个尺码的客人名单
Sure. Happy to help.
没问题,乐意帮忙
Just as soon as you come back with a subpoena.
但要等你们拿来法院的传票再说
You heard the part about this being a murder investigation, right?
你听到我们是在调查谋杀案了吧
Your job is to solve crimes.
你们的职责就是破案
Mine is to protect my customers' privacy from a police force
而我的职责就是保护我客人的隐私
eager to demonize the sexually adventurous.
免受魔化了性刺激行为的警察的侵犯
No, I suppose we shouldn't be surprised to find you
不,我们该知道你道德高尚
on a moral high horse. You are wearing chaps.
你可是穿着皮套裤(指同性恋)
Excuse me.
不好意思
Is this your only rack of latex suits?
你们的乳胶衣都在这个架子上了吗
Yes.
Oh. We gotta figure that the killer touched all of these
凶手为了找到合适的尺码
to find the right size, so since we can't get his name,
应该摸过所有衣服,既然我们查不到名字
we can at least get his fingerprints.
至少能得到他的指纹
We should just take the whole rack down to the station,
我们把这一架子衣服都带回局里就行了
dust for prints.
提取指纹
Excellent plan.
好主意
That's thousands of dollars of merchandise.
那可是价值好几千美元的衣服
You know you need a subpoena for those, too, right?
你知道你得有传票才行,对吧
I do.
我知道
You guys call the captain.
你们给警监打电话
I'll wait here for the subpoena,
我在这里等传票
wearing my badge, greeting customers.
带着我的警徽,跟顾客们打招呼
The only extra, extra large sale this month was last night.
这个月只有昨晚卖出了一件XXL号
9:30. I was here.
九点半,我在店里
Guy definitely wasn't shopping for himself.
那个人绝对不是给他自己买的
He was a medium at most.
他最多只有中号
Okay, we're gonna need his name.
好吧,我们需要他的名字
I don't have it.
我没有
He paid cash.
他付的是现金
But he got it from that ATM.
但他是从那台ATM机取的
In case you're unsure what you're looking at,
如果你不确定你看到的是什么
Mr. Jefferies, that's you,
杰夫瑞斯先生,那是你
9:38 last night.
昨晚9点38分
And unless your apartment looks just like a sex shop,
除非你的公寓像情趣用品商店一样
you were not, as you claimed a few minutes ago,
否则你就不是你在几分钟前说的那样
home watching TV.
在家看电视
I went for a walk. I forgot that I stopped in there.
我去散步了,我忘了我去过那里
Apparently, that's not all you forgot.
显然,你忘了的不止那些
You bought a fetish suit
你买了一套恋物癖套装
and shoved your boss into it.
然后把你的老板塞进去了
Probably right after you poisoned him.
可能就在你毒死他之后
No, I did not, I did not... poison Titus.
不,我没有,我没有毒死泰提斯
I already told you that.
我已经告诉你们了
Hey. You're in a lot of trouble, Mr. Jefferies.
你有大麻烦了,杰夫瑞斯先生
We can't help you if you don't level with us.
如果你不说实话我们没法帮你
Okay.
好吧
I did buy the fetish suit.
我是买了那套恋物癖套装
And I did put Titus in it.
也的确把它穿在泰提斯身上了
But I did not kill him.
但我真没杀他
Titus and I were supposed to have dinner last night.
我和泰提斯昨晚本来要一起吃饭
I arrived at his house around 8:45.
我昨晚8点45分到了他家
When he didn't answer the door,
他没有来给我开门
I went around back.
我绕到房子后面
The patio door was open,
阳台门是开着的
and I saw Titus in the living room, lying on the floor.
然后我看到泰提斯躺在客厅的地板上
I went in, and when I got there, he was already dead.
我走了进去,我到那的时候他已经死了
No pulse, no breathing.
没有脉搏,没有呼吸
I just assumed he'd had a heart attack.
我以为他是心脏病突发
I swear to you,
我向你们发誓
I didn't know he had been poisoned
直到今早看新闻的时候
until I heard about it this morning on the news.
我才知道他是被毒死的
You're head of acquisitions at APMG, correct?
你是APMG收购部的主管,对吧
So with Titus gone,
所以如果泰提斯死了
I'm sure you're in the running for CEO?
你一定就能参选执行总裁
Yes, I am. But I didn't need for Titus to die
是的,但我不需要让泰提斯死
in order for that to happen.
才有机会当总裁
A few weeks ago, when Titus announced
几周前,当泰提斯宣布
that he was retiring at the end of the year,
他年底就要退休的时候
I was already on the short list to replace him.
我就已经是取代他的人选之一了
Then why put the suit on him?
那为什么要让他穿上那套衣服
Why call the dominatrix?
为什么要把施虐女王叫来
Okay, Titus's contract
好吧,泰提斯的合同
guaranteed him a huge retirement payout.
确保他会有很大一笔退休金
$125 million lump sum.
总共1亿2千5百万美金
If he dies, that money goes to his family.
如果他死了,那笔钱就归他的家人
His contract also contained a morals clause.
他的合同还包括品行条款
So you dressed him up in bondage gear,
所以你用捆绑工具把他绑起来
set him up with a dominatrix,
给他叫了个施虐女王
all so that the company could save giving him a retirement bonus?
这样公司就不用给他退休奖金了
That's $125 million extra in our coffers.
这样我们的金库里就多了1亿2千5百万美金
The year-end bonuses would have been huge.
年终奖金就会很丰厚
Guys, okay, if the charge here is that I am a greedy jerk
好吧,如果你们是因为我贪得无厌
with really questionable judgment, then I'm guilty.
而指控我,那我认罪
But I swear to you, I'm not a murderer.
但我向你们发誓,我不是杀人犯
I just got off the phone with the lab.
我刚刚跟实验室通过电话
They confirm the nitroglycerin in Titus Delancey's glass
他们确认了泰提斯·德兰西的杯中
but said the bottle of bourbon was clean.
有硝化甘油,但酒瓶子里却没有
Which means whoever poisoned him
这意味着毒死他的人
was in the room when he poured his drink.
在他倒酒时也在房间里
The security guard at APMG
APMG的保安说
puts Jefferies at the office till about 8:00 P.M.,
杰夫瑞斯直到晚上八点还在办公室
which according to the M.E. is when Delancey died.
但验尸官说那时德兰西已经死了
So Mr. Jefferies used his boss's corpse as a dress-up doll
所以杰夫瑞斯把他老板的尸体当成装扮玩偶
but didn't kill him.
却不是杀人凶手
Our poisoner is still at large.
我们的投毒者依然逍遥法外
I asked Delancey's wife to let me know
我让德兰西的妻子在她和孩子们
when she and the boys got back to Riverdale.
回到里弗代尔时告诉我一声
She says she'll be there in 20.
她说她二十分钟后就到
All right.
好吧
I talked to Titus yesterday afternoon.
我昨天下午和泰提斯通过话
He-he didn't mention any plans for the evening.
他没提到晚上有什么计划
And you and the boys stayed overnight in Bedford.
然后你和孩子们在贝德福德过夜
Yes.
We have a house there.
我们在那里有房子
It was the nanny's night off.
保姆那晚休息
So the three of us just had a quiet evening at home.
所以我们三个在家度过了安静的一夜
Mrs. Delancey, can you think of anyone
德兰西太太,你能想到
that might have wanted to harm your husband?
有谁想要伤害你丈夫吗
I can't think of anyone specific.
我想不出具体的谁
But Titus was a very successful man.
但泰提斯是个非常成功的人
That's not easy to pull off without making some enemies.
想达到今天的程度肯定会有一些敌人
Those poor boys.
那些可怜的孩子
They've been through this once already.
他们已经经历过一次这种悲痛了
Their mother died of cancer five years ago.
五年前他们的母亲因癌症去世
When did you and Mr. Delancey get married?
你和德兰西先生是什么时候结婚的
About three years ago.
大约三年前
Peri?
佩利
Oh, God. I got here as quickly as I could. I'm so sorry.
天呐,我尽快赶来了,真遗憾
How are the boys?
孩子们怎么样了
Struggling.
很痛苦
Zack, especially.
尤其是扎克
This is our nanny, Anne Barker.
这是我们的保姆安妮·巴克
Uh, this is Captain Gregson.
这是格雷森警监
He and his colleagues are here investigating what happened.
他和他的同事来调查案件始末
Oh. Anne.
安妮
Barker? Yes.
巴克,对
Yes. Sherlock Holmes.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯
Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你
I'm gonna check on the boys, okay?
我去看看孩子们,好吗
What's wrong?
怎么了
Uh, a moment outside, please.
跟我出来一下
Excuse us.
抱歉
Do you remember the Abigail Spencer case, in the early '90s?
你还记得90年代初的艾比盖·斯宾塞案吗
15-year-old Michigan girl.
十五岁的密歇根女孩
She was accused of fatally poisoning her father.
被指控毒死了她父亲
Yeah. It was all over the papers.
对,报纸上到处都是
Yeah.
Well, that also involved a nitroglycerin overdose.
那也是一起硝化甘油摄入过量事件
I followed the trial quite closely.
我一直紧跟着审讯
I was fascinated by it.
我被它迷住了
I was 15 years old myself at the time.
我自己那时也十五岁
She was acquitted, right?
她被无罪释放了,对吧
Yep, many people continued to believe
对,但很多人仍然认为
that she had, indeed, killed her father.
是她杀死了她的父亲
She was scrutinized by the media, she was harassed,
媒体曝光了她的详细信息,她受到了骚扰
so one day, she just packed up her stuff, disappeared.
所以她收拾了行李,消失了
Presumably to start anew somewhere else.
可能是去别的地方重新开始生活
Never heard from again.
后来再也没有她的消息
The woman we just met, the nanny.
就是刚才我们见到的那个那个保姆
She was introduced as Anne Barker,
刚才介绍的时候说她叫安妮·巴克
but I'm quite certain that her real name is Abigail Spencer.
但是我肯定她的真名是艾比盖·斯宾塞
Uh, for the record, your current legal name is Anne Barker,
先说明一下,你现在的名字叫安妮·巴克
but you were born Abigail Spencer, correct?
但是你出生时名叫艾比盖·斯宾塞,对吧
Yes, I was born Abigail Spencer.
是的,我曾经叫艾比盖·斯宾塞
And back in 1991,
1991年的时候
you were accused of murdering your father with nitroglycerine.
你被指控用硝化甘油谋杀了你父亲
Accused and acquitted.
被指控又无罪释放了
Lot of people thought you got away with murder.
很多人认为你是侥幸逃脱了惩罚
Really? I had no idea.
是吗,我不知道
Certainly not why I changed my name.
这绝对不是我改名的原因
Look, my dad was not a nice man, okay?
我父亲不是个好人,明白吗
He was cruel, and he beat me.
他很恶毒,而且经常打我
So when he died, I didn't weep or wail or
所以他死时,我没有哭,没有哀号
do any of those things teenage girls apparently do when their dad dies.
一点也不像是个刚失去父亲的小女孩
So everyone assumed that I killed him.
所以大家都觉得是我杀了他
Let's talk about Titus Delancey.
说说泰提斯·德兰西吧
Okay. Are you aware he was poisoned?
好,你知道他被下毒了吗
Yes, and to answer your next question,
是的,我知道你接下来要问什么
no, I didn't kill him.
没有,我没有杀他
Then why are you sounding so defensive?
你现在好像戒备心很强
Because I'm being interrogated by the police.
因为我现在正在接受警察审讯
So I feel like being defensive is sort of a natural reaction.
所以我觉得有戒备心是自然反应
You don't find it the least bit coincidental
害死他的毒剂和害死你父亲的毒剂
that he was killed with the exact poison that killed your father?
完全相同,你不觉得有一点点巧合吗
No, I find it extremely coincidental, but I didn't do it.
不,我觉得非常巧合,但不是我干的
Any idea who did?
知道是谁干的吗
I have no idea, okay?
我不知道,好吗
I'm the nanny.
我只是个保姆
He and I weren't close.
我跟他又不熟
We didn't spend a lot of time together.
我们待在一起的时间不长
Where were you last night?
昨晚你在哪里
Home alone.
一个人在家里
That's a lousy alibi, Abigail.
这个不在场证据可不够好,艾比盖
Yeah, well, if I knew I needed one,
是的,如果我早知道我需要不在场证据
I would've invited somebody over.
我会找个人去我家的
I keep to myself.
我一个人生活
I have ever since the trial.
从那次庭审之后就是如此
Lost every friend you ever had, didn't you?
失去了以前所有的朋友,是吧
The ones who thought I was guilty were afraid of me.
那些觉得我有罪的人都很怕我
And the ones who knew I was innocent couldn't be around me
而那些知道我是清白的人也不能在我身边
without being in every paper in the country.
因为他们会登上全国各地的报纸
The media ruined my life,
媒体毁了我的生活
and now it's about to happen all over again,
现在这种状况又要重现了
thanks to you.
多谢了你们
After I ran away, i got plastic surgery.
我离开之后,做了整容手术
No one has recognized me in 19 years.
19年来没人认出过我
How did you do it?
你是怎么认出来的
Your voice.
你的声音
I just recognized it from the media coverage.
我是从媒体报道中听出了你的声音
Look,
听着
I know you can't prove
我知道你们无法证明
that I had anything to do with Mr. Delancey's death.
我跟德兰西先生的死有关
If you could've, you would've arrested me back at the house.
否则的话,你们当时就会逮捕我
So, if you don't have any more questions,
所以,如果你们没有问题了的话
I would like to leave please.
我想要离开这里
I've spent enough of my life being accused of things I didn't do.
我这一辈子都过着被人冤枉的生活
Doesn't feel right, letting her go.
放她走感觉真不对劲
I mean, you talk about a solid suspect.
她可是有重大嫌疑
She was right. We don't have enough evidence to hold her.
她说得对,我们还没有足够证据拘留她
Yet.
暂时没有
I don't believe she did it.
我觉得不是她干的
You're the one who pointed her out.
是你说她有嫌疑的
Her presence at the Delancey home was too remarkable to ignore,
她出现在德兰西家里是个不争的事实
but her haptics suggest she's telling the truth.
但是她的表情说明她说的是实话
Titus Delancey was killed with nitroglycerine.
泰提斯·德兰西是被硝化甘油害死的
So was her dad. That can't be a coincidence.
她父亲也是,这绝不是巧合
I agree,
我同意
but I think the similarities are quite deliberate,
但是这个相同点也太明显了
and I think whoever poisoned Mr. Delancey
我觉得毒死德兰西先生的人
intends to frame Ms. Spencer.
是想要陷害斯宾塞小姐
That would mean the killer knew who she was.
这说明凶手知道她的身份
She said no one had recognized her in 19 years.
可她说19年来没人认出过她
As far as she knows.
那只是她这么认为
So you want to tell me how you knew about her tattoo?
你要告诉我是怎么知道她的纹身的吗
Beg your pardon?
你说什么
Abigail's tattoo.
艾比盖的纹身
When you recognized her today,
今天你说是因为她的声音
you said it was because of her voice,
才认出她来的
but I think it was something more than that.
但我觉得不仅仅是这样
You fixated on the tattoo on her wrist.
你当时一直盯着她手腕上的纹身
At first I thought you remembered it
起初我是觉得它让你想起了
from a picture that was taken during her trial, but then,
她在受审时的某张照片,但后来
when I looked back at coverage,
我重新看那些报道时
Abigail did not have a tattoo.
发现艾比盖当时并没有纹身
So how could you have recognized it?
那你是怎么认出来的呢
Impressive, Watson.
很厉害,华生
Quite impressive.
相当厉害
You know, the truth is that Abigail Spencer and I
真相就是,艾比盖·斯宾塞和我
are old acquaintances, after a fashion.
是老相识了,勉强算是吧
By the time I was 15,
我15岁的时候
I was fascinated by murder and all things...
我沉迷于谋杀案以及各种
criminal.
犯罪
Abigail was so beautiful,
艾比盖当时很漂亮
and her father's fortune so vast
而且她父亲也很有钱
that the UK tabloids actually deigned to cover the case.
于是英国的各家小报都想报道那个案子
Over time, they lost interest.
可时间久了,他们就没兴趣了
I did not.
但我有
I became fascinated by the question of her guilt.
我沉迷于她是否有罪的问题
So I wrote to her.
于是我给她写信
A letter comprised of very direct questions
信中毫不掩饰地写了
about her life and her father's death.
我对她的生活和她父亲之死的种种疑问
So she wrote back.
然后她给你回信了
Yeah, we corresponded throughout the trial
是的,在庭审期间我们一直在通信
and for a while afterwards.
之后也持续了一段时间
In one of her later missives,
在她后来的一封信中
she mentioned that she wanted to get a tattoo
她提到想要在手腕上
of a phoenix on her wrist.
弄一个凤凰的纹身
A symbol of her rebirth after her ordeal.
象征着她受过磨难后的重生
Why didn't she recognize your name today?
她今天为什么没有认出你的名字呢
I mean, Sherlock Holmes is pretty hard to forget.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯这个名字很难忘啊
In my teenage years, I was a lot less self-assured than I am today.
我十几岁时并没有现在这么自信
I yearned for a more typical name.
我那时喜欢更为普通的名字
So for a while, I attempted to be known as Sean Holmes.
所以有段时间,我叫肖恩·福尔摩斯
Didn't stick, but Sean and Abigail's correspondence
没用多长时间,但肖恩和艾比盖的通信
became a very real window into the criminal mind.
成了通向犯罪心理的一扇窗
Are you saying that she confessed to killing her father to you?
你是说她向你承认过她杀了她父亲
She never directly addressed the issue.
她从没直接说过这个问题
Without knowing, she revealed details,
但她没有意识到,她披露了一些细节
which I believe, filled in the holes in the case against her.
而这些细节能够填补调查中缺失的部分
As for her relationship with her father,
至于她跟她父亲的关系
well, she shared some things
她讲了一些
which must have been quite humiliating for her.
让她感到非常屈辱的事情
She left me in little doubt that he was, indeed, physically abusive
我相信她父亲是个虐待狂
and that she was responsible for his death.
而的确是她杀了她父亲
Sounds like she really opened up to you.
她真是对你敞开心扉了啊
She was an excellent research subject.
她是个很好的研究对象
She was very forthcoming,
她那时很不愿合作
attributable primarily to her isolation at the time,
封闭在自己的世界里
and my promise that whatever she shared with me
我答应她无论她和我分享什么
would be kept in the strictest confidence.
我都会绝对保密
That doesn't sound like you at all.
听起来一点都不像你的作风
I mean, not telling anyone
你发现她有罪
that you'd figured out that she was guilty?
却不告诉任何人
Trial was over.
庭审已经结束了
Double jeopardy protected her from a second,
一罪不受审两次原则能使她逃过再次审判
and I was quite confident that although she had killed,
而且我十分肯定即使她杀了人
she was not a killer.
她也没有杀戮的本性
She posed no threat to anyone other than her father.
除了她父亲,她对他人毫无威胁
Titus Delancey might disagree.
泰提斯·德兰西可能不会同意你的看法
Well, as I told you, I don't believe Abigail's responsible.
我告诉过你,我认为艾比盖不是凶手
You think she's being framed, but how can you be so sure?
你觉得她是被陷害了,你为什么如此肯定
You are relying on a judgment you made when you were 15.
你只是依据你十五岁时做的判断
Well, when I made it is irrelevant.
我什么时候做的判断无关紧要
What matters is I was right.
重要的是我是对的
I believe that when I have identified the person
我相信只要我们找到
who has uncovered Abigail's secret, we'll have our killer.
发现艾比盖秘密的人,就找到凶手了
I don't know who let you in,
我不知道谁放你进来的
but you're not allowed to be up here.
但你不能上来这里
My name is Sherlock Holmes.
我叫夏洛克·福尔摩斯
I work with the police.
是警方的顾问
We met yesterday.
我们昨天见过
Well, unless you have a warrant,
除非你有搜查令
I don't want to talk to you, either.
不然我不想和你谈话
You used to know me.
你以前就认识我
By another name.
当时我用另一个名字
Sean Holmes.
肖恩·福尔摩斯
I don't understand.
我不懂
You could have told me yesterday.
你本可以昨天就告诉我
Well, I confess to being a little thrown when I saw you.
我承认看见你时我有点吃惊
Also, I didn't know how to explain our relationship to my colleagues.
而我也不知道怎么跟同事解释我们的关系
I never thought this would happen.
我从没有想过会这样
I never thought I would meet you.
我从没有想过会见到你
I used to look forward to receiving your letters so much.
我之前很盼望收到你的回信
And I yours.
我也是
Peri fired me.
佩利解雇了我
I didn't even get to say good-bye to Graham or Zack.
我甚至没能和格兰姆或者扎克告别
I'm sure you've seen my friends who are outside the building.
你也见到楼外的"记者朋友们"了
You could have pulled me aside yesterday.
你昨天本可以把我拉到一边说
You could have kept this between us.
这样这事就只有你我知晓
I'm sorry... for any turmoil I have caused you.
我向你道歉,给你带来这些麻烦
I supposed I should apologize, too.
我想我也该道歉
I'm the one who stopped writing.
是我先停止写信的
I'm the one who disappeared without saying good-bye.
是我不辞而别
I understood.
我能理解
You needed to leave Abigail behind.
你需要忘记艾比盖的一切
So the phoenix might rise.
这样才能涅盘重生
I came here today because I-I don't believe
我今天来是因为我不相信
that you killed Titus Delancey.
你杀了泰提斯·德兰西
Nor do I think it's a coincidence
我也不认为他的死因
that he was poisoned with the same agent used to kill your father.
与你父亲死因一致是一个巧合
I think someone is taking advantage
我认为有人利用了
of your proximity to the man to get away with murder.
你与受害者的关系来逃避罪行
You think someone's setting me up?
你觉得有人陷害了我
Has anyone you know asked any prying questions,
有人对你的过去表现出莫大兴趣
taken an excessive interest in your past?
对你刨根问底吗
No one.
没有
Something? Anything?
你再想想
Last month, I was running errands for Peri,
上个月,我帮佩利出去做事
and I kept seeing the same brown sedan in the review mirror.
一直能从后视镜看到同一辆棕色轿车
Following you?
跟踪你吗
I don't know. I-I took down...
我不知道,我用手机
the license plate number in my phone
记下了车牌
just in case it ever happened again, but...
以防再次发生,但是...
it never did.
后来就没有了
I should pass this along to my colleagues.
我应该把这个给我同事看
That's it?
就这样
You show up after all these years, and then you just leave?
多年后你现身了,然后就这样走了
This might be important.
这东西也许很重要
I don't have anyone I can talk to.
我没有任何人可以倾诉
I can't leave my apartment without the press eating me alive.
我如果离开住所,媒体会生吞了我
The letters that you used to write me got me through times like these,
我们过去的通信帮我度过了类似的时光
and now you're here...
现在你在这里
in person.
就在我眼前...
I'm afraid.
我很害怕
And I could really use a friend right now.
我现在很需要朋友
So, we got a hit on that license plate
我们从福尔摩斯提供的
Holmes gave us. Abigail was being tailed
车牌上找到了线索,艾比盖是被
by a private investigator out of Trenton.
一位来自特伦顿的私家侦探盯梢了
We just talked to the guy.
我们刚和那人谈过
Turns out he was hired by none other
发现他的雇主正是
than Peri Delancey, our victim's wife.
佩利·德兰西,受害者的妻子
And according to the PI, Peri was hoping
据那私家侦探所说,佩利本是希望
Titus was having an affair.
能发现泰提斯在偷情
It seems that in her prenup,
似乎婚前协议里规定
she was limited to a very small amount
如果离婚的话
in the event of a divorce,
她能得到的钱很少
unless she caught him cheating.
除非她能抓到他在偷腥
So, she has the PI check out
所以,她雇了私家侦探
all the women in her husband's life.
来查她丈夫生活中的所有女人
Including Abigail.
包括艾比盖
Yeah, and the thing is,
问题是
Titus wasn't sleeping with anyone,
泰提斯没和任何人偷情
which put a damper on Peri's divorce plans,
这阻碍了佩利的离婚计划
but, in the process,
但在调查中
the PI uncovered Abigail's true identity.
私家侦探发现了艾比盖的真正身份
Investigator turned over
私家侦探两周前
his report a full two weeks ago.
就上交了他的报告
She doesn't tell anyone, she doesn't fire Abigail.
她没有告诉任何人,也没有解雇艾比盖
She just keeps letting a suspected poisoner
她只是让一个曾有嫌疑的下毒者
make sandwiches for her stepkids.
继续为她的继子们做三文治
Peri told us she was
佩利告诉过我们
at the Bedford house with the boys the other night,
那晚她和孩子们在贝德福德
but once we spoke to them on their own,
但当我们单独问他们的时候
they said they were watching TV in their rooms.
他们却说是在各自的房间里看电视
It wouldn't have been hard for her to sneak out,
而对她来说溜出来毒杀泰提斯
poison Titus, and make it back before anyone noticed.
然后在别人发现前回去不难
So it looks like Sherlock was right;
看起来夏洛克是对的
Abigail was being framed.
艾比盖是被陷害的
My client is ready to make a statement.
我的当事人准备好录口供了
The night Titus died, I met Dr. Phillip Malone
泰提斯死的那晚,我晚上七点在
at the Campbell Bar in Mount Kisco as 7:00 p.M.
克斯科山的坎贝尔酒吧见了菲利普·马龙医生
Several members of the staff can confirm
酒吧里许多顾客都能证明
that I was there most of the evening.
我基本整晚都在那里
You and Dr. Malone having an affair?
你和马龙医生有婚外情吗
Because if that's the case, you didn't need to bring a lawyer with you.
因为如果仅是见面,你不用带个律师来
That's not it.
不是那样的
As you would eventually discover,
你们最终会发现,马龙医生
Dr. Malone has a prior arrest
有因非法销售处方药
for illegal distribution of prescription meds.
而被逮捕的前科
My client is happy to testify against Dr. Malone
我的当事人愿意指证马龙医生
if you'll agree not to bring charges against her
如果你们能答应不起诉她
in the death of her husband.
谋杀她丈夫
Well, if your client has a solid alibi,
如果你的当事人有确凿的不在场证明
what would we charge her with?
我们能拿什么起诉她
We'd like to avoid an attempted murder charge.
我们希望避免企图谋杀罪的指控
Mrs. Delancey, what medication
德兰西夫人,你从马龙医生那
did you purchase from Dr. Malone?
购买了什么药物
Nitroglycerin.
硝酸甘油
Which you were planning to use to kill your husband.
就是你计划用来杀死你丈夫的药物
I was... considering it.
我有...考虑过
I figured if I went through with it,
我想如果我那么做了
I could call in an anonymous tip,
我可以匿名报警
tell the police about who Anne really was,
告诉警察安妮的真实身份
and she'd get the blame.
让她背黑锅
But to be clear...
但是话说清楚...
it was just something I thought about.
我只是有这个想法
I don't think I ever could have actually hurt Titus.
我不认为我能真去伤害泰提斯
So your client's statement is
所以你的当事人的意思是
that she couldn't have killed her husband
她不可能杀死她丈夫
because she was too busy planning to kill her husband?
因为她在忙着计划杀死她丈夫
First time in my career someone's alibi for murder has been
我职业生涯中头一次听说有人的不在场证明
that they were busy planning the same murder.
是在忙着计划同样的谋杀案
If it weren't so frustrating,
如果不是这么令人沮丧
it would be interesting.
这应该很有意思
Yeah, well, it worked out for Peri Delancey.
是啊,这对佩利·德兰西来说讲得通
Six months on drug charges beats life in prison.
买非法药品入狱半年总好过终身监禁
Why did you add a photograph of the two Delancey kids?
你为什么贴上了德兰西家两个孩子的照片
Only one of them is a suspect.
他们中只有一个是嫌疑人
A short while ago, I obtained a copy
不久前,我得到了一份
of Mr. Delancey's estate plan.
德兰西先生遗产分配的复印件
Now that he's dead, a large part of his fortune
现在他死了,他财富的一大部分转到了
goes into trusts for his sons,
他儿子们的信托基金里
millions of dollars they will be able to access as soon as they're 18.
他们一到十八岁就能得到数百万美元
That's only one year away for Graham.
格兰姆还有一年就满十八岁
Also, the young man no longer has an alibi.
同时,这个小伙子没有不在场证明了
Peri Delancey has admitted
佩利·德兰西已经承认
she wasn't actually with the boys that evening.
那晚她实际并没有和孩子们在一起
So Graham himself could easily have snuck back home.
这样格兰姆自己很轻松就能溜回家
There's no evidence that he knew
可没有证据显示他知道
about Abigail's history as a poisoner.
艾比盖曾经下毒的事情
The very topic I plan to discuss when I confront him tomorrow.
这正是我打算明天跟他谈的
Isn't tomorrow Titus Delancey's memorial service?
明天不是泰提斯·德兰西的追悼会吗
Precisely.
正是
You heard what you just said, right?
你听到你自己刚才说什么了吧
You're planning to harass a teenage boy
你打算在一个未成年男孩
while he's mourning his father?
哀悼父亲的时候骚扰他
If he's the poisoner,
如果他就是投毒人
he won't really be mourning, will he?
那他就不会真的悼念,对吧
You know, the police think Abigail is their best suspect?
你知道吧,警方认为艾比盖是最大嫌疑人
I do.
我知道
As I told you, i do not share their suspicions.
我跟你说过我不同意他们的怀疑
That's because you were in love with her.
那是因为你曾经爱过她
What?!
什么
Back when you were a kid when you were writing her,
当你还是个孩子跟她写信的时候
you fell in love with her.
你爱上她了
You spent almost three hours at her house today.
你今天在她家待了将近三个小时
And in spite of what happened with Peri Delancey,
不管佩利·德兰西怎么说
no one thinks she's being framed except for you.
除了你没人相信她是被陷害的
I was quite young
我父亲把我
when my father shipped me off
丢到寄宿学校的时候
to boarding school, right?
我还很小,好吧
I struggled. I was different from my classmates.
我很不适应,我跟我的同学不一样
I was, uh, well, I was more intelligent. I-I was brash.
我...我更加聪明,更加傲慢
So they tormented me mercilessly.
所以他们无情地折磨我
Yes, I remember you saying once that you had been bullied,
是的,我记得你说过你曾经被欺负过
but I wasn't sure if you were telling the truth.
但我不确信你说的是真的
It happened. I overcame it.
确实发生过,但我挺过来了
It was a different time back then.
那时候跟现在不一样
There was no such thing as harassment via text
那时候没有骚扰短信
or circulation of cruel cell phone videos.
或者残忍的手机录像流传
No, my bullies had one tool at their disposal: violence.
欺负我的人只有一种手段,暴力
So I was beaten.
所以他们打我
Fairly savagely and with great frequency.
非常野蛮并且非常频繁
That's when you started writing Abigail.
你就是那时候开始给艾比盖写信的
She was being abused and so were you.
她被虐待了,你也是
Uh, I meant what I said before.
我之前说的都是真心的
My-my interest in her was academic.
我对她的兴趣仅限于学术范围
She was to be a subject of study, nothing more.
她是我的一个研究对象,仅此而已
I confess, as our correspondence continued,
我承认,随着我们不断交流
I grew more anticipatory of her letters.
我越来越期待她的来信
They were a welcome distraction from my life.
那能让我分心不去想生活中的烦忧
They were an oasis from school.
是学校生活外的一片绿洲
Well, it certainly sounds like you had feelings for her.
听起来很像是你对她有感觉
Perhaps but...
可能是吧,但是...
nothing so mundane as love.
没有爱情那么世俗
I was adrift back then. I had-had no purpose.
我那时很茫然,没有目标
My so-called peers made me feel that that might always be...
我那些所谓的同学让我以为可能一直...
the case.
都是那样
Abigail, she gave me a gift.
艾比盖,她给了我一件礼物
A view inside a mind capable of murder.
让我有机会探索一名杀人者的内心
So she was your first.
所以说她是你的第一个
Killer, yeah.
杀人凶手,是的
Without intending to, she...
虽然不是有意的,但是她...
she helped me understand who I was and...
她帮我认清了我自己
and what I might do with my life.
以及我生活的追求
You never told her you thought she was guilty, did you?
你从没告诉她你认为人是她杀的,对吗
I didn't want her to stop writing.
我不想让她停止写信
I didn't think
我不觉得
she'd be a threat to anyone else.
她会对任何人造成威胁
There was no point.
告发她没有意义
I get that.
我明白
But if she killed Titus Delancey,
但如果是她杀死了泰提斯·德兰西
then she's got... Then she'll be handed over
那她一定要... 我一定会把她
to the police and she'll be punished.
交给警方,让她受到惩罚
But for now, I'd like to try to help her.
但目前,我想帮她
Graham.
格兰姆
Hi.
你好
I'm Joan. This is Sherlock.
我是乔恩,这是夏洛克
We met the other day.
我们之前见过
Yeah, you're the people that took Anne away.
就是你们把安妮带走的
Of course I remember you.
我当然记得你们
How are you and, uh, Zack holding up?
你和扎克还好吗
The past two days, our dad was murdered,
过去两天,我父亲被谋杀了
our nanny was accused of the crime
我们的保姆被指控杀了我父亲
and our stepmom confessed to thinking about killing him.
而我们的继母承认想要杀了他
We're great.
我们简直太好了
I know it's a lot.
我知道这很沉重
Zack's pretty mixed up.
扎克很难过
Especially about Peri.
尤其是因为佩利的事
He liked her a lot more than I did.
他比我更喜欢她
But our Aunt Susan's here now.
但现在我们的姨妈苏姗来了
She's-she's great. She's taking care of us.
她很好,她在照顾我们
Were you aware that your father's will
你知道你的父亲立嘱
leaves you and your brother a substantial amount of money?
留给你和你弟弟一大笔钱吗
Yeah, I guess. Never really thought about it.
知道吧,但我没怎么想过
Why? Financial gain has motivated
为什么问这个,很多谋杀
many a murderous endeavor.
都是为了金钱利益
Wait a second, are you saying you think I killed my dad?
等等,你是说我杀了我的父亲吗
Your stepmother's confession has weakened your alibi.
你继母的招供削弱了你的不在场证明
We know that she left your home
我们知道案发当晚
in Bedford the night of the murder.
她离开了你们在贝德福德的房子
Your brother was in his room watching television.
你弟弟在房间里看电视
It would've been easy enough for you...
你很容易就可以...
No! No way.
不,不可能
Everyone knows it was Anne or Abigail,
所有人都知道是安妮或者艾比盖
whatever her name is.
不管她叫什么
She did it. It's all in the papers.
是她干的,报纸上都写了
Do you have any notion as to why
你知道她为什么
she would've murdered your... father?
要谋杀你父亲吗
Unlike you, she had nothing to gain.
不像你,她没什么利益可图
No, but she and my dad had issues.
不,但她和我父亲不和
We haven't heard that from anyone else.
我们从没听别人提起过
All I know is they got in a big argument just last week.
我只知道上周他俩大吵了一架
And I can prove it.
我可以证明
Zack had learned this new parkour move
扎克学会了一种新的跑酷动作
and he wanted me to film him.
他让我给他录下来
Then I realized my dad was going off on Abigail in the hallway.
然后我发现我父亲和艾比盖在走廊吵了起来
I got it all on my phone.
我都录在手机里了
Where did you get this?
你从哪得到这个的
Graham.
从格兰姆那儿
Police technicians
警方的技术员
were able to enhance the audio
增强了音频
so we could discern some of what Titus was saying.
能让我们听清泰提斯的一些话
As far as we can make out,
就我们听出来的来看
someone had attempted to access his tablet
有人试图未经允许就拿走他的平板电脑
without his permission and he was upset about it.
而他对此非常不爽
He was crazy that day.
他那天真是疯了
He thought I'd tried to steal it or something.
以为我要偷他的平板
Had you? No.
你偷了吗,不
Of course not.
当然不
You should know that, as we speak,
你得知道,就我们说话这会儿
the police are attempting to locate his tablet
警方正在德兰西家寻找
at the Delancey home.
他的平板电脑
They're hopeful that it will shed some light
他们希望它能让调查
on the investigation. Why would it?
更明朗一些,怎么会
It's been theorized that... Titus uncovered your secret,
警方怀疑泰提斯发现了你的秘密
that he had evidence of it on his tablet
把证据存在平板电脑里
and his aim was using that against you.
从而对付你
You're a beautiful woman. He was in a bad marriage.
你是个漂亮女人,而他婚姻不幸
Perhaps he prevailed on you for other services.
也许他诱使你提供其它服务
That's not true.
不是的
It was rather a heated argument. And frankly, I'm...
你们确实大吵了一架,说真的
curious as to why you never mentioned it before.
我很好奇你之前怎么没从提起
I forgot about it. He...
我没放在心上,他...
Titus apologized. He said he o-overreacted.
泰提斯后来道歉了,说他反应过度
It wasn't a big deal.
没什么大不了的
You-you understand that I'm trying to help you,
你明白我是想帮你吧
and I can't do that unless you're completely honest with me.
但前提是你对我毫无保留
Of course I'm being honest.
我当然对你毫无保留
I've always been honest with you.
一向如此
Well, we both know that's not true.
我俩都清楚事实并非如此
What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢
I know that you poisoned your father, Abigail.
我知道你毒死了自己的父亲,艾比盖
Why are you saying that?
你为什么这么说
You said that you believed me.
你说你相信我
I avoided the subject whenever possible.
我尽可能避免这个话题
Not all the time.
并非一直
You said you believed me.
你说过相信我
In a letter dated September '91,
91年9月的一封信中
you mentioned the passing of a beloved neighbor,
你提到有位亲爱的邻居因为心脏病过世了
heart condition. You often ran errands for her.
而你经常为她办事
She was the unwitting supplier of the nitroglycerin
就是她在不知情的情况下为你提供了
that you used to poison your father, was she not?
毒死你父亲的硝化甘油吧
January '92, you wrote that you were with a classmate
92年1月你在信中写道,你父亲过世时
at the time of his death, but...
你和一个同学在一起
at trial you said that you went to the store.
但在庭审时,你却说你去了商店
Shall I go on? Because I can.
还要我继续说吗,还有很多
I know the truth, Abigail.
我知道真相,艾比盖
I've known for 22 years.
22年前就知道
Get out.
出去
Abigail... Get out.
艾比盖... 出去
The guys are striking out here.
外面的人都没找到
I mean, there's no sign of Delancey's tablet.
德兰西的平板电脑还是不见踪影
What about you?
你这里呢
I don't know.
不知道
I might have something.
可能有线索
Looks like someone tried to pry this drawer open.
看样子有人想撬开这抽屉
Other than you.
除了你之外
Give me some credit. I used to be a surgeon.
对我有点信心,我以前可是外科医生
I would never leave a mess like this.
我才不会搞得这么乱
Well, why would someone lock an empty drawer?
怎么会有人锁上空抽屉啊
Habit.
习惯
Well, we know from the video that he was angry
从视频上看,他以为艾比盖拿走了
because he thought that Abigail
他的平板电脑
had gotten ahold of his tablet.
所以很生气
Right? So if this is where he kept it
对吧,如果他之前就把平板放在这里
and if there was sensitive information
而平板上又存有关于艾比盖过去的
about her past on it,
敏感信息
maybe these scratches made him suspicious.
也许这些刮痕让他生疑了
You know, my ex used to keep her tablet in a case
我的前妻曾把她的平板电脑放在
that looked just like a book.
一个看起来像本书的盒子里
Maybe it's on one of these shelves.
可能它就在哪个书架上
There are five air vents in this room.
这屋里有五个通风口
And the capital of Michigan is Lansing.
密歇根州的首府还是兰辛呢
You know you're starting to sound like your partner.
你的口气越来越像你搭档了
Well, don't you think it's odd?
你不觉得奇怪吗
I mean...
我是说
the room is not that big, right?
这房间也没有很大啊
There's usually one vent for intake, and then...
通常都是一个进气口
maybe one or two to blow cold air.
再有一到两个冷气口
Five is definitely overkill.
五个绝对太多了
How do you know that?
你怎么知道的
My uncle was a contractor.
我叔叔是建筑承包商
Hey, check this out.
来看看这个
This isn't a vent.
这不是个通风口
It's just supposed to look like one.
只是做成通风口的样子而已
Watson, I'm on route.
华生,我在路上了
I will be at the Delancey home shortly.
马上就到德兰西家
You can turn around. We found the tablet.
你可以掉头了,我们找到了平板电脑
Was there evidence he knew about Abigail?
有关于艾比盖的证据吗
No.
没有
But I think you were right last night.
但你昨晚可能说对了
I think maybe Graham did kill his father.
也许是格兰姆杀了自己的父亲
What did you find?
你找到了什么
Videos of Titus with Graham.
泰提斯和格兰姆的视频
He was sexually abusing him.
他在性虐他
Ms. Moore? Tom Gregson.
摩尔女士,我是汤姆·格雷森
Appreciate you bringing your nephew in to talk to us.
感谢您带侄子来跟我们谈话
Marsha Whitman, I represent the family.
我是玛莎·惠特曼,这家人的律师代表
How do you do? This is Ms. Watson, Mr. Holmes.
你好,这两位是华生女士,福尔摩斯先生
They consult for the department.
他们是警方的顾问
They're the ones who harassed Graham
就是他俩昨天问完话
after the service yesterday.
又去骚扰了格兰姆
We, uh, apologize for any violation of decorum,
我为我们不当的行为道歉
but as it turns out,
但结果表明
it was absolutely necessary.
那次会面很必要
If we hadn't spoken,
要是我们没去找他
we may very well have never learned the truth.
也许就永远都不知道真相
You recognize that, right?
你认得这个吧
It's my dad's. Where'd you get that?
这是我爸爸的,你们从哪弄来的
It was hidden in your father's office.
就藏在你父亲的办公室里
You tried to take it out of his desk last week,
上周是你想把它从他桌子抽屉里偷出来
not Abigail.
不是艾比盖
Maybe you were thinking about turning him in.
也许你想报警
Or maybe you were thinking about stopping him
也许你还想阻止他
from hurting your little brother, too?
再伤害你的弟弟
What do you mean "Hurting"?
为什么说"伤害"
Graham, what's he talking about?
格兰姆,他在说什么
Nothing.
没什么
It's okay, Graham, you can tell us the truth now.
没事的,格兰姆,现在可以说出真相了
I don't understand.
我不明白
Are they saying that...?
他们是说...
Are they saying
他们是说
your father...? I don't want to talk... with you about this.
你父亲... 我不想跟你谈这事
Graham? No!
格兰姆,不
I want you to leave.
你出去
Both of you, now.
你俩都出去
I can't allow you to...
我不能让你...
I don't care!
我不管
Just leave now!
快出去
Mr. Delancey is 17.
德兰西先生已经17岁了
He is within his rights to talk to us alone.
他有权利要求跟我们单独谈话
What's on there doesn't prove anything.
平板里的内容证明不了什么
What it proves is that your dad was a monster.
证明你了你爸是个禽兽
And it certainly suggests
这也表明
that you have a very understandable motive for wanting him dead.
你有充分的动机谋杀他
You knew about Abigail's past.
你知道艾比盖过去的事
That's why you used nitroglycerin.
所以你才用硝酸甘油
That's not true.
不是这样的
This is a report prepared for your stepmother
这是你继母雇用的私家侦探
by a private investigator she'd hired to look into your father.
调查你父亲之后准备的报告
These are your fingerprints.
上面有你的指纹
Abigail's whole story is in that file.
艾比盖的事情全在那文件里
A story which independently inspired you
这事分别启发了你和你继母
and your stepmother to conceive the same plan.
想出了同样的计划
It seems that killing your father and framing Abigail
看上去杀死你父亲并嫁祸于艾比盖
was an idea whose time had come.
时机刚刚好
Only you beat Peri to the punch.
只不过你比佩利抢先了一步
You procured some nitroglycerin illegally online,
要我猜的话,你从网上非法购买了
if I had to guess.
硝酸甘油
A few tablets in your father's bourbon and...
放了几片到你父亲的波旁酒里
it was done.
就大功告成了
I doubt very much that you relish
我想你没想过这计划
what your plan means for Abigail.
会对艾比盖带来什么影响
But...
但是
compared to the hell that your life had become?
你又想到自己痛不欲生的生活
To the idea that your secret would get out?
你的秘密可能泄漏
To the idea that it could happen all over again to Zack?
以及这事也可能发生到扎克身上
It must've felt like you had little choice.
你肯定觉得别无选择了
Excuse me. I'm looking for Graham Delancey.
打扰一下,我在找格兰姆·德兰西
His little brother just called me in tears,
他弟弟刚哭着打电话给我
saying the police came and took him away.
说警察去家里把他带走了
Yeah, Graham is in with the captain right now. Why?
对,格兰姆和警监在里面,为什么
I'm afraid I really can't discuss... You.
恐怕我真的不能跟你讨论... 你
You saw Graham almost every day.
你几乎每天都看到格兰姆
Did you have any idea what was going on?
你对发生的事情有任何了解吗
Miss Moore, please.
摩尔小姐,别这样
Wait, what are you talking about?
等等,你在说什么呢
I didn't mourn your father's death, not for a moment.
我一点都不为你父亲的死感到悲痛
But Abigail loves you.
但艾比盖很爱你
Like you were one of her own.
她视你如己出
And I know you care about her.
我知道你也在乎她
If you stay silent,
如果你什么都不说
she'll go to prison.
她就会去坐牢
Does she really deserve that
她真的应该为一件
for something that she didn't do?
她没做过的事受到惩罚吗
Graham, you can help her.
格兰姆,你可以帮她
And we can help you.
我们也可以帮你
You just need to tell us the truth.
你只需要告诉我们真相
I need a few minutes
我需要单独
alone with my client. Now.
跟我的当事人谈谈,现在
What the hell is going on?
到底怎么回事
Abigail Spencer came in.
艾比盖·斯宾塞过来了
She ran into Graham's aunt and lawyer in the hall...
她在走廊里遇到格兰姆的姨妈和律师
And they told Abigail about Graham's father.
她们就跟她说了格兰姆父亲的事
Next thing I know, Abigail wants to make a confession.
紧接着,艾比盖就想要认罪了
She says she's the one who poisoned Titus Delancey.
她说是她给泰提斯·德兰西下毒的
Crawford and Gleason are in interrogation talking to her now.
克劳福德和格里森正在问她话
She say why she did it?
她说下毒的原因了吗
According to her,
据她所说
Titus uncovered her real identity a few weeks ago.
泰提斯几周前发现了她的真实身份
He was using it to try to extort sexual favors.
他想借此对她进行性勒索
The district attorney will not pursue a case against Graham
如果格兰姆不认罪,地方检察官
without a confession.
是不会起诉他的
Which he is unlikely to give us
现在你一认罪
now that you have confessed to killing his father.
他就更不可能招供了
Why did you do it?
你为什么要这么做
Kill Titus? I already explained that.
杀泰提斯吗,我已经解释过了
No, why did you confess to a murder that you didn't commit?
不,你为什么要替人背黑锅承认谋杀
I am a murderer.
我是个杀人犯
You said so yourself.
你自己也这么说
You were right.
你是对的
Graham poisoned his father.
格兰姆毒死了他父亲
You and I both know that.
你跟我都知道
Graham is an amazing kid,
格兰姆是个很出色的孩子
and he has his whole life ahead of him.
他还有大好的前程
He shouldn't be in prison.
他不该去坐牢
There's no doubt in my mind that I did the right thing.
我毫不怀疑自己做了正确的事
By killing Titus Delancey.
杀了泰提斯·德兰西
You know, you don't even need to do this.
知道吗,你根本不必这么做
We have proof of what Titus did to Graham.
我们有证据证明泰提斯对格兰姆的暴行
He committed murder under mitigating circumstances.
他的谋杀是可以减罪的
It's unlikely he will serve more than 18 months.
他坐牢的时间最多不过十八个月
18 months.
十八个月
That's about the amount of time
差不多是我们俩以前
you and I wrote letters to each other.
互相通信的时间
Felt like a lifetime, didn't it?
感觉却像一辈子,不是吗
Especially when you're branded
特别是当你被冠以
the kid who killed your dad.
谋杀亲父的罪名以后
And Graham deserves better than that.
格兰姆不应该遭受这些
You're innocent.
你是无辜的
No.
Innocent?
无辜
He was being brutalized right in front of me,
他在我眼皮底下被残暴地虐待
and I should have seen it,
我应该察觉到的
and I should have stopped it.
也应该阻止这事
Sooner.
却为时已晚
Titus got what's coming to him.
泰提斯这都是罪有应得
And now, so am I.
现在我也是
Finally.
终于得到了
Thank you for agreeing to speak with me.
谢谢你愿意来见我
My school is near here.
我学校就在附近
My aunt thought it was too soon for me to go back, but...
我姨妈觉得现在回学校还太早,但...
I don't know.
我也说不清
I'm tired of being at home.
我已经厌烦待在家里了
Abigail's confession aside, you and I both know the truth.
虽然艾比盖认罪了,但你我都知道真相如何
I'm gonna be watching you.
我会一直看着你
And if you resort to those...
如果以后你再采取
extreme tactics again in the future,
那些极端的手段
I'm gonna make sure you're brought to justice.
我会保证你受到法律的制裁
Is that clear?
听明白了吗
Have you spoken with anyone about what happened to you?
你有跟别人说起过这些事吗
My Aunt Susan tried to ask me some questions last night,
苏姗姨妈昨晚想问我些问题
but...
但...
It happened. It's over.
过去的都过去了
Talking about it won't change anything.
反复谈论也改变不了任何事情
You're wrong.
这你就错了
I have never known a betrayal
像你经历过的这般
as-as profound as what you've experienced.
深刻的背叛我从未遇到过
But I do know that being victimized is...
但我深知这样的伤害是
is corrosive.
是摧毁性的
And sometimes, talking about it...
而有时候,找人聊聊
that can help.
会有帮助
So you ever want to...
所以如果你想
talk about it with someone who knows the story in its entirety...
找个了解全部事情的人聊聊
...I'm at your disposal.
随时来找我

重点单词   查看全部解释    
proximity [prɔk'simiti]

想一想再看

n. 接近,亲近

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
lump [lʌmp]

想一想再看

n. 团,块,瘤,笨重的人
v. 使成块,形成

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
victim ['viktim]

想一想再看

n. 受害者,牺牲

 
irrelevant [i'relivənt]

想一想再看

adj. 不恰当的,无关系的,不相干的

联想记忆
pry [prai]

想一想再看

v. 打听,窥探,用杠杆撬开 n. 窥探,杠杆,爱打探的

联想记忆
establishment [is'tæbliʃmənt]

想一想再看

n. 确立,制定,设施,机构,权威

联想记忆
humiliated

想一想再看

v. 屈辱(humiliate的过去式);使…丢脸,使…

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。