手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第九季 > 正文

老友记 第9季:第18集 每个人的发财美梦(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Joey: Monica, hey, can I borrow the Porsche?

莫妮卡,我可以借你的保时捷吗?
Monica: Ok.
好的。
Joey: Alright!
太好了!
Monica: But ehm ... what is it not?
有什么“不准”的呢?
Joey: A place to entertain my lady friends.
不准在车上和我女性朋友玩乐。
Monica: And what else is it not?
还有什么呢?
Joey: A place to eat spaghetti.
不准在车上吃意大利面。
Monica: Very good! What do you need it for anyway?
非常好,你为什么会需要开车呢?
Joey: Oh well, the powerball lottery is upto 300 million and they don't sell tickets here in New York, so ...
超级大彩票奖金已经累积到三亿了,但是这里没有在卖彩票,所以……
Rachel: Oh! So you're driving up to Connecticut?
喔!所以你要开车到康乃狄克州买?
Joey: Yeah, Connecticut ... Not West Virginia.
对,康乃狄克州,不是西维吉尼亚。
Monica: Hey, maybe I'll drive you up there! I'd like to buy some tickets myself!
或许我可以开车载你去,我自己也想买几张彩票。
Joey: Uh!
哈!
Monica: Yeah with Chandler not getting paid, we could really use 300 million dollars.
钱德现在没有在赚钱,三亿对我们可是会很有用的。
Chandler: Yes, because if I was at my old job we'd say 300 million? No, thank you.
是的,因为如果我还是以前的工作,我们会说“要三亿吗?不用,谢谢”。
Phoebe: Hey will you get me tickets too?
你可以帮我买吗?
Rachel: Yeah, me too.
对啊,我也要。
Joey: Sure.
当然。
Rachel: oh! I have an idea.
喔!我有个点子。
Rachel: Why don't we all pitch in 50 bucks, we'll pool our money together and then if we win, we'll split it.
我们可以各出资五十块,把钱集合起来,然后如果我们中奖,我们就平分。
Everyone: Yeah, thats a great idea!
这主意很棒!
Ross: No thanks!
不用,谢了!
Phoebe: You don't wanna win the lottery?
你不想要中彩票吗?
Ross: Uh ... sure I do, I also wanna be King of my own country and find out what happened to Amelia Earhart.
我当然想,我还想当国王呢或者探索艾美利亚·埃尔哈特(第一位飞越大西洋的女飞行员)怎么了。
Chandler: Still on Amelia Earhart?
还在想艾美利亚·埃尔哈特吗?
Ross: The woman just vanished!
那女人就这样消失了!
Joey: Seriously, Ross, you don't want in on this?
说真的,你真的不要加入吗?
Ross: No! Do-do you know what your odds are of winning the lottery?
不要!你们知道中彩票的几率有多大吗?
Ross: I ... I mean you have a better chance of being struck by lightning 42 times.
比你被闪电打到四十二次的几率还小。
Chandler: Yes but there's six of us so we'd only have to get struck by lightning 7 times.
但是我们有六个人,所以我们只需要被打到七次。
Joey: I like those odds!
我喜欢这种几率!
Ross: Seriously you guys, I can't believe you're gonna spend 250 dollars on the lottery, I mean that's such a bunch of boohaki.
真的,你们,我不敢相信你们会愿意花250块钱在彩票上面。这实在太唬烂了吧?
Chandler: I'll ask.
我来问。
Chandler: Boohaki?
“唬烂”?
Ross: Oh oh, we think Emma is about to start talking so we're trying to be careful about what words we use in front of her.
我们认为艾玛已经快要开始说话了,所以在她面前我们会小心用字。
Rachel: Yeah so get ready to hear a lot of ehm ... boohaki, goshdarnit and brotherpucker.
所以准备好,你们会听到很多的“唬烂”……“讨厌”还有“惹人烦”等等。
Monica: How do you know she's gonna start talking?
你怎么知道她要开始说话了呢?
Rachel: Well when I talk to her I almost feel like she understands what I'm saying.
当我跟她说话时,我几乎可以感觉到她听得懂我在说什么。
Chandler: Kinda like Joey.
有点像乔伊。
Joey: What's that now?
你说什么?
Monica: God! Look at all these tickets! It's so exciting!
天啊,瞧瞧这全部的彩票,真是紧张刺激。
Monica: You know I haven't won anything since the sixth grade.
自从六年级后,我就没有赢过任何东西了。
Chandler: Pie eating contest?
吃派大赛呢?
Monica: Oh! You assume because I was heavy that's the only way I could win something?
因为我很胖,你就以为那是我唯一能赢的比赛吗?
Chandler: No, I saw a picture of you covered in blueberries.
不,我看过你埋在蓝莓派里面的照片。
Monica: That was a good day!
那时候真快乐!
Chandler: Yeah.
是啊。
Ross: They're towing your car, they're towing your car!
他们在拖吊你的车,拖吊你的车!
Monica: I'm parked in a garage on Morton!
我停在车库里面。
Ross: They're towing A car.
他们正在拖吊一辆车。
Ross: And I am seeing ... spots.
我眼花了。
Joey: Oh my god Ross! You don't have Emma! And Rachel you don't have Emma! Where's Emma? Who has Emma! ?
罗斯,你没有在带艾玛!瑞秋,你也没有在带艾玛!艾玛呢?艾玛谁在带呢?
Rachel: Joey, relax! Just my mother picked her up two hours ago.
乔伊,别紧张,我妈两小时前来带走她了。
Racel: You were there!
你也在场啊!
Joey: I was?
有吗?
Racel: Yes and you talked to her.
是的,而且你还跟她说话。
Joey: I did?
我有吗?
Rachel: She dropped off a casserole?
她还带来了砂锅菜来?
Joey: Oh yeah! The casserole lady.
喔,对啊!那个砂锅女士。
Monica: Hey! So, did you come by to watch us win the big bucks?
嘿!你过来看我们中大奖的吗?
Ross: Yeah, uh ... and then I figured after you win, we could all go out to the balcony and see a night rainbow with gremlins dancing on top of it!
是啊,然后我想在你们中奖后,我们全部到阳台上……看有小精灵……在跳舞的夜间彩虹!
Chandler: Don't touch the phone! I'll get it, I'll get it, I'll get it! !
别接电话!我来接,我来接,我来接!
Ross: Do you think he washed his hands?
你觉得他有洗手吗?
Chandler: Hello? Hey Charlie, what do you know?
嗨?嘿,查理,有什么消息?
Rachel: What's going on?
怎么回事?
Monica: Chandler is supposed to find out if he's getting an assistent job at his ad agency. But out of the 15 interns, they are only hiring three.
钱德想知道他有没有得到公司内部的一个工作机会。但在十五名实习生中,他们只聘请三个人。
Joey: Ooh! Tough odds!
唔!几率真小!
Ross: Yeah if only it were a sure thing like your 24 state lottery!
是啊还真希望能像你们二十四州联合彩票的几率一样高!
Joey: Yeah, look who's coming around!
是啊,瞧瞧谁想通了!
Chandler: Damn it. Alright call me when you know more.
该死。好啦,有更多消息再告诉我。
Joey: Did you get it?
你有得到吗?
Chandler: One of the slots got filled.
一个名额已经被占了。
Joey: By you?
被你吗?
Chandler: Sense the tone!
注意我的语气!
Chandler: No, that kid Nate got it.
不是,一个叫做奈特的小子。
Monica: Oh! I hate that guy!
喔,我讨厌那个人!
Monica: I mean come on kid! Pull up your pants! Chandler: I know.
我是说,真是的,小子!穿上裤子吧!知道啦。
Rachel: Well, there's two spots left right?
还有两个名额不是吗?
Chandler: Yeah ... I mean I want this so much! I mean, I wanna get one, I want my friend Charlie to get one ...
是啊,我真的好想要!我想要被录取也希望我朋友查理被录取。
Chandler: Except I don't care about Charlie.
其实我不是很在乎查理。
Phoebe: Hey you guys!
嘿,你们好!
Everyone: Hey!
嘿!
Phoebe: Ok, you're not gonna believe this! I just saw my psychic and she said I was definitely gonna win the lottery tonight!
你们不会相信的!我刚刚去找过我的算命师。她说我今晚一定会中彩票!
Monica: Hey, that reminds me, I thought we could use some extra luck so I brought a wishbone home from work.
嘿,这提醒了我,我想要增加好运所以从餐厅带幸运骨头回来。
Ross: A psychic and a wishbone? Guys! Give someone else a chance!
算命师跟幸运骨头?拜托给别人一点机会吧!
Monica: Alright, who wants to do it?
好了,谁要来做呢?
Phoebe: Oh can I?
我可以吗?
Phoebe: Vegetarians never get to do the wishbone.
素食者从来就没有机会玩幸运骨头。
Phoebe: It's really not fair either! You know, just 'cause we don't eat the meat doesn't mean we don't like to play with the carcasses!
真是不公平!我们只是不吃肉不代表我们不喜欢玩骨头!
Monica: All right. Ey, Rach?
好了,瑞秋呢?
Rachel: No, I'm good, I don't wanna get that turkey smell all over my hands.
不,我很好,我不想要双手沾满火鸡的味道。
Joey: I'll do it! It'll get the casserole stink off mine.
我来!我要把砂锅菜的味道盖过去。
Phoebe: I hope I win!
希望我会赢!
Monica: Well, it doesn't really matter ...
嗯,没有关系……
Monica: you're both wishing for the same thing, right?
你们的愿望是一样的,是吧?
Joey: Well, I can't tell you what I'm wishing for! Else ... you know ... won't come true!
我不能告诉你我许什么愿!要不然不会实现的!
Monica: Right! But we know what you're wishing for!
对!但是我们都知道你许什么愿!
Joey: I can't really say! Yeah.
我不能说!
Monica: I understand, but you're wishing for what we think you're wishing for, aren't you?
我了解但是你许的愿跟我们想的一样,不是吗?
Joey: I'm not really comfortable with these questions!
我真的很不喜欢这些问题!
Rachel and Chandler and Monica: Please, just do it!
拜托!赶快做!
Phoebe: Ok, get ready, one, two, three!
好的,一,二,三!
Joey: I won, hey!
我赢了,嘿!
Ross: Um, you know what, I'm sure your wish is gonna come true, but, you guys- just in case, maybe a genie will come out if we rub this lamp! Ah!
你们知道吗?我确定你们的愿望会成真。但是,为了以防万一,我们来磨擦这个灯,或许精灵会出现!嗷!
Ross: That thing gets hot!
那东西好烫!
Rachel: You know, Ross, just keep making your jokes. How are you gonna feel if we actually do win?
罗斯,继续说你的笑话吧。如果我们中了,你有什么感受?
Ross: Uh, you're not gonna win.
你们不会中的。
Rachel: Oh, I know, I know, the odds are against us, but somebody has to win, and it could be us! And then how you gonna feel?
喔,我知道,我知道,我知道几率很小,但是总是有人会中,可能就是我们,然后你会觉得如何呢?
Ross: You know, we're gonna be all like "oh everybody, let's take our helicopters up to the cape" and you're gonna, you're gonna be all like "oh, I can't guys, I'll 've to meet you guys up there, I gotta gas up the Hyundai."
你知道的,我们会说“大家开直升机去海角玩吧”,而你只能说“喔,我不行……我们到那边碰面好了,我先帮我的现代汽车加满油。”
Ross: Ok, I've heard myself on tape and I sound nothing like that.
好了,我听过自己在录音带里的声音,我听起来根本不像那样。
Chandler: I can see the headline now: "Lottery winners' friend filled with regret eats own arm".
我可以想像头条新闻是“彩票赢家的朋友充满懊悔,吃下自己的手臂”。
Ross: Why would I eat my own arm?
我为什么要吃自己的手臂?
Chandler: Well you wouldn't, but we own the paper, we can print whatever we want.
你当然不会,但是报纸是我们的,我们爱怎么写就怎么写。
Monica: You know what, Ross? I'm gonna throw in 50 bucks for you.
你知道吗,罗斯?我帮你出五十块好了。
Ross: Why?
为什么?
Monica: Because I know, I know that you think the lottery is "boohaki", but we're all here and we're gonna watch the numbers and have fun.
因为我知道你认为彩票是很“唬烂”的东西。但是我们全都聚在一起 看开奖,会很好玩的。
Monica: And you're my brother, and I want you to be a part of this.
而你是我哥哥,我希望你能参与。
Ross: You don't have to do that, I mean I'll-I'll pay for myself. But,
你不需要这样做的,我可以自己出钱。
Ross: just the fact that you-you want me to have fun with you guys, that's so sweet! Come here.
但是你想要让我跟你们一起同乐,真的是太贴心了!过来。
Phoebe: Get a room!
去开个房间吧!
Chandler: Ok, so now that you're in, what're you gonna do if we win?
好的,那既然你已经加入了,要是中奖,你要做什么事呢?
Ross: I don't know, I'll probably just invest it.
我不知道,或许投资吧。
Chandler: Ooh! Calm down ...
对,要冷静……
Joey: Seriously, that's your fantasy? To invest it?
正经点,你的梦想呢?投资?
Ross: Oh, I'm sorry, did I say "invest it"? I meant "be cool and piss it all away".
喔,我很抱歉,我是说投资吗?我的意思是“快乐的全部花光光”。
Joey: Ooh, ooh, I know! We should pool all our money and buy the Knicks!
喔,喔,我知道了!我们该把全部的钱凑起来买下尼克队!
Rachel: I don't really care about the Knicks.
我不是很在乎尼克队。
Joey: Oh, you will when I pick you as starting forward.
如果我选你当前锋,你就会了。
Rachel: You would do that? I never get picked!
你会那样做吗?我从没有被选上!
Chandler: You know, I'm not sure a sports team is the way to go.
我不确定球队会是正确的选择。
Joey: You're not gonna let me buy the Knicks? I can't believe you're taking this away from me!
你不让我买尼克队吗?我不敢相信你要打碎我的梦想。
Chandler: You're right, it has been you dream for over 15 seconds.
你说的对,这个梦想 已经有十五秒之久了。
Ross: Uh, how long until they announce the numbers, Mommy?
他们还有多久才会公布号码呢,妈咪?
Chandler: I'll take this one too Uh ... Mommy?
这个也让我来 什么“妈咪”啊?
Ross: Oh, I've gotten into the habit of calling Rachel "Mommy" when we're around Emma. Which I now realize we are not.
喔,我已经习惯叫瑞秋……“妈咪”,只要是艾玛在场。我现在发现她并不在。
Rachel: I'm hoping that if she hears it enough it will be her first word.
我希望如果她听久了,这将成为她第一句会说的话。
Ross: Although if we're gonna do that, we should probably call me "Daddy" too.
如果我们真的要这样做,你也应该叫我“爹地”才对。
Phoebe: Oooh, I like that, "Daddy"
我喜欢,爹地。
Ross: I ... I was just talking about Rachel.
我只是在说瑞秋。
Phoebe: Oooh, is daddy getting angry? Is daddy gonna spank me?
爹地生气了吗?爹地要打我的小屁屁吗?
Ross: Well that depends ... have you been a baaad gi ... no I can't.
嗯,要看情况你是不是坏……不,我演不下去了。
Chandler: Hello? Hello? Hey Charlie. Did anybody else hear?
嗨?嗨?嘿,查理。听说其他人的消息了吗?
Chandler: What? Susan got it? How? Oh man, I would've slept with him! All right, bye.
什么?苏珊拿到了?怎么会呢?喔,天啊,早知道我也跟他上床!好了,再见。
Joey: Dude, I'm sorry. But hey, there's one spot left, right?
老兄,我很抱歉。但是,还有一个名额不是吗?
Chandler: Well no, Charlie's gonna get that.
查理会得到的。
Monica: Hey, don't say that!
嘿,别那样说!
Monica: You got just as good a chance as anybody else of getting that job! He is the boss' son.
你也有机会得到那工作的!他是老板的儿子。
Monica: Come on, lottery!
好了,彩票!
Rachel: Ooh, oh, you guys, it starts in like 20 minutes. It starts in, like, 20 minutes.
是啊!再大概二十分钟就开奖了。
Monica: Ok, alright, here we go.
好了,我们来吧。
Monica: So, we need to sort out the tickets as quickly as possible to see if we've won.
我们需要快点分配这些彩票来对奖。
Monica: So does anybody have any ideas how to organize this?
有人有什么主意要怎么安排吗?
Monica: Ok, how about this, we divide them into 6 groups of 40, and the remaining 10 can be read by whoever finishes their pile first.
好的,看看这样如何我们分成六组,各四十张剩下的十张就由先对完的人来对。
Rachel: Ooh, I have another idea!
我还有一个主意!
Monica: I'm sorry, idea time is over.
很抱歉,提议时间已经过了。
Phoebe: Ok, well, are all the tickets in the bowl?
所有的彩票都在碗里了吗?
Monica: Yeah.
是的。
Chandler: What about the ones you have on the nightstand?
那床头柜上面的那些呢?
Monica: There are no tickets on the nightstand!
那边没有彩票!
Chandler: Yes there are, I just saw them a few minutes ago.
是的,那边有,我几分钟前才看到。
Monica: Uh-huh, no you didn't! You must be mistaken!
不对,没有,你看错了!
Chandler: Honey, there are like 20 tickets on the nightstand!
亲爱的,床头柜上有二十张彩票!
Monica: Chandler, sense the tone.
钱德,注意我的语气。
Rachel: Well, well, well, look what mommy found!
喔,喔,喔,瞧瞧妈咪找到了什么!
Monica: Ok, fine! I bought 20 extra tickets for me and Chandler.
好啦,我帮自己跟钱德多买了二十张。
Phoebe: Uh! The psychic also said that I would be betrayed.
算命的还说我会被朋友背叛。
Ross: I can't believe this, I thought we were all in this together!
我不敢相信,我以为我们是一起的!
Monica: Hey, you just got in 5 minutes ago!
嘿,你五分钟前才加入的!
Ross: 3 minutes ago! I don't know why that's important ...
是三分钟!我不知道那有什么重要的……
Joey: Oh hey look, I was with you the whole time we were in Connecticut, when did you even get those?
喔嘿听着,我一直都跟你在一起,你是什么时候买的?
Monica: When you were reading the dirty magazines without taking off the plastic!
当你在看未拆封的色情书刊的时候!
Joey: I'll show you how.
我会分给你看的。
Rachel: Ok, well Monica, suppose one of your "special" tickets wins? How are you gonna feel when you win the lottery and you lose all your friends?
好了,莫妮卡,假设你的彩票中奖了怎么办?你觉得中了彩票失去了朋友又怎样?
Monica: Please ... if I win the lottery, you guys are not gonna leave me.
拜托,如果我中奖了,你们才不会离开。
Monica: Someone gave me a basket of mini-muffins last week we couldn't get rid of you for 3 days!
我有人上星期给我一堆松饼,害我整整三天都被你们骚扰!
Rachel: Chandler, would you just tell her what she did was wrong?
钱德,你可以告诉她这是不对的吗?
Chandler: She's right, you shouldn't have bought tickets just for us ...
她说的对,你不应该帮我们两个另买彩票。
Monica: Ahhh! Let me finish.
喔!让我说完。
Chandler: However, it doesn't look like I'm gonna get this job so I can't afford to have principles, so screw you, the tickets are ours!
然而,看起来我好像得不到这份工作了,所以我不能太有原则,去你们的!彩票是我们的!
Monica: There's the man I married!
这才是我嫁的好男人!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
tone [təun]

想一想再看

n. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调
vt. 使

 
bowl [bəul]

想一想再看

n. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场
v.

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
contest ['kɔntest,kən'test]

想一想再看

n. 竞赛,比赛
vt. 竞赛,争取

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
lottery ['lɔtəri]

想一想再看

n. 彩票

联想记忆
pitch [pitʃ]

想一想再看

n. 沥青,树脂,松脂
n. 程度,投掷,球场

联想记忆
fantasy ['fæntəsi]

想一想再看

n. 幻想
v. 幻想

联想记忆
organize ['ɔ:gənaiz]

想一想再看

v. 组织

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。