本段对话选自Public Enemies,《公众之敌》
John Dillinger held up a bank for 74,000, while you failed to arrest Nelson.
约翰迪林格又从一家银行里抢走了 74000美元,而你们还把尼尔森放跑了。
Sir, I take full responsibility.
长官,责任都在我。
And I would like to make a request.
我还想提个要求,
That we transfer men with special qualifications to augment the staff here in Chicago.
再拨一些探员给我们吧,我们芝加哥这里还需要人手。
There are some former Texas and Oklahoma lawman currently with the Bureau in Dallas.
现在达拉斯州警局有一批曾在德克萨斯州和俄卡拉荷马州任职的警官。
I thought you understood what I'm building.
我以为你知道我在筹划什么,
A modern force of professional young men of the best sort.
一支年轻而优秀的专业型现代化人才队伍。
I'm afraid our type cannot get the job done.
我们现有的人力还不足以完成这项任务。
Excuse me, I cannot hear you.
抱歉,我听不见你在说什么。
Our type cannot get the job done.
我们的现有人手完不成这样的任务。
I cannot hear you.
我听不见你在说什么。
Our type cannot get the job done.
现有人手完成不了任务。
Without qualified help, I would have to resign this appointment.
如果没有资深警力的援助,恐怕我只能辞去此次行动的统管之职了。
Otherwise, I am leading my men to slaughter.
否则,我就是在带领我的团队走向毁灭的深渊。
Mr. Tolson will call you, Agent Purvis.
我会让托尔森先生给你电话的,普维斯探员。