手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 短篇精选 > 彩票大赢家 > 正文

第10期:埃玛找律师(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:wangyu   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Chapter 5. Emma gets a lawyer

第5章 埃玛找律师

On Wednesday evening Simon Carter telephoned his mother.

星期三傍晚,西蒙·卡特给他的母亲埃玛打了电话。
He lived near Sydney with his wife and their two children, and he telephoned Emma every week.
他和妻子以及两个孩子住在悉尼附近,他每周都给埃玛打电话。
She told him the story of her lottery ticket. Simon listened carefully, and got angrier and angrier.
埃玛给他讲了彩票的事情。西蒙认真地听着,越听越生气。
'Is your head OK now, Mum?'
“现在你的头好了吗,妈妈?”
'Yes, thank you, Simon. But I'm very, very angry. That young man stole my lottery ticket.
“好了,谢谢你,西蒙。可我非常非常生气。那个年轻人偷了我的彩票。
Now he's got a cheque for five million pounds, and I've got nothing!
现在他得到了一张五百万英镑的支票,而我什么都没得到!
I don't want to be rich, but I do want to come to Australia and visit you, and Mollie, and my grandchildren. It's not right, Simon!
我不想发财,但我确实想去澳大利亚看看你和莫莉,还有我的孙子们。这不对头,西蒙!
I had the winning ticket, I paid for it, and that man stole it!' She began to cry.
我拥有那张中奖彩票,我掏钱买的它,而那个人偷了它!”她哭了起来。

QQ截图20221215165544.png

'Mum, listen,' said Simon. 'Go and see a lawyer.'

“妈妈,听着,”西蒙说,“去找个律师。”
'I don't know any lawyers,' said Emma unhappily.
“我一个律师都不认识。”埃玛难过地说。
'Look in the telephone book,' said Simon. 'There are lawyers in every town.'
“在电话簿里找找。”西蒙说,“每个城市里都有律师。”
'But lawyers are expensive. I can't pay a lawyer.'
“但请律师要花很多钱。我请不起。”
'I can pay a lawyer,' said Simon. 'I'm sending you some money today, through my bank. Don't cry, Mum. Put on your best dress and go and see a lawyer.'
“我可以付律师费。”西蒙说,“我今天就从银行给你汇些钱。别哭,妈妈。穿上你最好的衣服,去见个律师吧。”
'Simon, you're a wonderful son.'
“西蒙,你真是个很棒的儿子。”
'And you're a wonderful mother. Goodbye, Mum. And good luck!'
“你也是个很棒的妈妈。再见,妈妈。祝你好运!”


    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 第7期:人人爱赢家(1) 2022-12-14
  • 第8期:人人爱赢家(2) 2022-12-14
  • 第9期:人人爱赢家(3) 2022-12-14
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。