手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

天气猜猜看----雷电

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Okay, Squeaks, here's your next question.

好了,吱吱,这是你的下一个问题。

This next type of weather can be a little loud and scary.

这种天气可能会有一点吵闹和可怕。

It happens mostly during rainstorms and is caused by the same kind of static electricity that builds up when you rub your socks on carpet.

它主要发生在暴风雨期间,是由你在地毯上摩擦袜子时积累的静电引起的。

Can you name the weather, Squeaks?

你能说出这个天气的名字吗,吱吱?

Here's one more hint. Listen!

这里还有一个提示。听!

That's right!

没错!

Thunder and lightning!You're doing great!

雷声和闪电!你做得很好!

Now let's take a quick break for a few words about thunder and lightning.

现在让我们快速休息一下,观看关于雷电的讲解。

Squeaks, where are you?

吱吱,你在哪里?

Squeaks, where are you?

吱吱,你在哪里?

Squeaks?

吱吱?

Oh, there you are, Squeaks.

哦,你在这里,吱吱。

Oh, it's okay, Squeaks.

哦,没关系的,吱吱。

Thunderstorms can get kind of loud and maybe even a little scary sometimes.

雷雨有时会变得很大,有时甚至有点吓人。

But you know what?

但是你知道吗?

Sometimes things that are frightening are a little less scary when we understand what causes them.

有时候,当我们了解了是什么导致了可怕的事情时,它们就不那么可怕了。

And we can learn what causes things by asking questions.

我们可以通过提问来了解事情的起因。

That's why we're so glad that we heard from our friend four-year-old Eleanor who asked why do lightning and thunder happen.

这就是为什么我们很高兴收到我们四岁的朋友埃莉诺的来信,她问为什么会发生闪电和雷鸣。

I'm sure Squeaks would like to know.

我肯定吱吱会想知道的。

Experts called meteorologists study the science of weather including lightning and thunder.

被称为气象学家的专家研究包括闪电和雷电在内的天气科学。

We can use what they've learned to explain what causes these bright flashes of light and the big booms that follow.

我们可以用他们学到的东西来解释是什么导致了这些明亮的闪光和随之而来的轰鸣声。

And you may not know it but the science of what causes lightning can happen right in your own home.

你可能不知道,但是关于闪电的科学可以发生在你自己的家里。

Have you ever walked across a fuzzy carpet and then when you reach for a door knob gotten a little shock?

你有没有走过一块毛茸茸的地毯,然后当你伸手去拿门把手时,感到触电了?

If so, then you've been part of making a mini lightning bolt.

如果是这样,那么你就是制造迷你闪电的一部分。

That shock that you felt was caused by the buildup of what's known as a static electrical charge.

你感觉到的电击是由所谓的静电积累引起的。

A static electrical charge is just a little bit of electricity that stays in one place for a little while.

静电是在一个地方停留一小段时间的一小部分电荷。

Static electricity can build up any time two things rub together.

当两件东西摩擦在一起时,静电随时都会积聚。

When you walk across the carpet your body picks up tiny bits of charge.

当你走在地毯上时,你的身体会吸收一些微小的电荷。

Then when you reach for that doorknob these charges jump into the metal doorknob and zap lightning is caused by the same thing only on a much bigger scale.

然后,当你伸手去拿门把手时,这些电荷跳入金属门把手,闪电是由同样的东西引起的,只是规模要大得多。

The kinds of clouds we see in thunderstorms have tiny bits of ice in them.

我们在雷雨中看到的云层中有少量的冰。

And these little bits of ice bump into each other.

这些小冰块相互碰撞。

They cause an electrical charge to build up inside the cloud.

它们会导致电荷在云层内积聚。

And as this charge keeps building up it gets stronger.

随着这种电荷的不断积累,它变得更加强。

But there are two kinds of electrical charge we call them positive and negative.

但是有两种电荷,我们称之为正电荷和负电荷。

Charges that are different from one another will attract or pull toward one another a lot like magnets.

彼此不同的电荷会像磁铁一样相互吸引。

But in our case the charge in the cloud is negative.

但在我们的例子中,云中的电荷是负的。

The negative charge in the cloud makes some spots on the ground get a positive charge.

云中的负电荷使地面上的一些斑点带上正电荷。

And when the charge is in the cloud and the charges on the ground are just right a bolt of lightning jumps between the cloud and the earth.

当电荷在云中,而地面上的电荷恰到好处时,一道闪电就会在云和地球之间跳跃。

And meteorologists have discovered that there are different kinds of lightning too.

气象学家发现,闪电也有不同的种类。

Some lightning goes from one part of a cloud to another.

有些闪电从云的一部分传到另一部分。

Some jumps from cloud to cloud and some goes between the sky and the ground but it's all caused by a moving electrical charge.

有些在云层之间跳跃,有些在天空和地面之间跳跃,但这都是由运动的电荷引起的。

And all lightning is hot really hot.

所有的闪电温度都很高。

And that heat is what causes thunder.

而这种高温正是引发雷鸣的原因。

Thunder starts with the fact that air is made of tiny particles.

雷声始于这样一个事实:空气是由微小的颗粒组成的。

When these little particles get heated up they start to move around more quickly.

当这些小颗粒被加热时,它们开始移动得更快。

So when the hot lightning bolt suddenly moves through the air, its heat makes the air particles around it all excited.

因此,当热闪电突然在空气中移动时,它的热量会使周围的空气颗粒都兴奋起来。

All those particles of suddenly hot air start to move around quickly.

所有这些突然变热的空气粒子都开始快速移动。

They push hard against the cooler air around them.

他们用力推挤周围凉爽的空气。

That air then flies away really fast from where the lightning was with a lot of energy.

然后,空气从闪电所在的地方飞得非常快,能量很大。

Our ears hear this movement of the air particles as a loud bang or crackle.

我们的耳朵听到这种空气微粒的运动,就像一声巨响或爆裂声。

That's thunder.

那是雷声。

So now you know lightning happens when an electrical charge builds up inside of cloud and moves to an opposite charge.

所以现在你知道了,当电荷在云中积聚并移动到相反的电荷时,闪电就会发生。

And thunder happens when the heat from lightning causes the particles that make up air to push away from the lightning bolt.

当闪电产生的热量导致构成空气的粒子远离闪电时,就会发生雷电。

And remember, when you're not sure about something ask questions, it just might make you feel better.

记住,当你对某件事不确定的时候,问问题可能会让你感觉更好。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
scale [skeil]

想一想再看

n. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围
v. 依比例决

 
negative ['negətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 否定的,负的,消极的
n. 底片,负

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
static ['stætik]

想一想再看

adj. 静态的,静力的,静止的,静电的
n.

联想记忆
bolt [bəult]

想一想再看

n. 螺栓,插销,门闩
v. 闩住,插销,(突

 
lightning ['laitniŋ]

想一想再看

n. 闪电
adj. 闪电般的,快速的

 
frightening ['fraitniŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人恐惧的,令人害怕的 动词frighten的

 
hint [hint]

想一想再看

n. 暗示
v. 暗示,示意

 
movement ['mu:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 暑期实验之为大象制作牙膏 2022-08-04
  • 天气猜猜看----雪 2022-08-12
  • 天气猜猜看----雾 2022-08-26
  • 天气猜猜看----龙卷风 2022-09-02
  • 制作一个苏打水喷泉 2022-09-09
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。