手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

时光机器之动物如何归家

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It is so good to be back at the fort.

回到堡垒真是太好了。

Right, squeaks, our research trip was great but it's so good to be officially home.

是的,吱吱,我们的研究之旅很棒,但正式回家真是太好了。

Hi, everyone, Jesse and squeaks here.

嗨,大家好,杰西和吱吱在这里。

We just got back from our big research trip in Cahokia.

我们刚从卡霍基亚的大型研究之旅回来。

And we missed you so much while we were gone.

当我们离开的时候,我们是如此的想念你们。

We learned a ton of cool things.

我们学到了很多很酷的东西。

But we're excited to be back at the fort to do more science.

但我们很高兴能回到堡垒做更多的科学研究。

And speaking of science, while we were on our way home, i started thinking about how lots of animals travel during the year.

说到科学,当我们在回家的路上,我开始思考一年中许多动物是如何旅行的。

Every spring and fall, all kinds of animals migrate or travel long distances to do things like have babies or find food.

每年春天和秋天,各种动物都会迁徙或长途跋涉来做一些事情,比如生孩子或寻找食物。

And that got me wondering how do they know where they're going.

这让我想知道他们怎么知道自己要去哪里。

You don't see birds flying around with maps.

你看不到鸟儿拿着地图飞来飞去。

So I decided to find out and it turns out animals have some really neat tricks.

所以我决定找出答案,结果发现动物有一些非常巧妙的技巧。

What's that, squeaks?

那是什么,吱吱?

You could totally take a guess.

你完全可以猜一猜。

Whenever you have a science question, it can be a great idea to brainstorm what you think the answer is.

每当你有一个科学问题时,头脑风暴一下你认为答案是什么,这可能是一个很好的主意。

So how do you think animals know which way to go?

那么你认为动物是如何知道该走哪条路的呢?

Oh, landmarks.

哦,地标性建筑。

Great idea.

好主意。

Landmarks are special things you notice along your journey that you recognize when you see them again.

地标是你在旅途中注意到的特殊事物,当你再次看到它们时,你会认出它们来。

Like how when I'm on my way to the store, i know i always have to turn right at the big blue house on the corner.

就像我在去商店的路上,我知道我总是要在拐角处的蓝色大房子右转。

And it turns out animals use landmarks, too.

事实证明,动物也使用地标。

Except they're not always looking at houses.

只是他们并不总是在看房子。

They might use bushes or logs or bigger things like forests or mountains, when they see a mountain that's familiar, they know they're going the right way.

他们可能会使用灌木丛或原木或更大的东西,如森林或山脉,当他们看到一座熟悉的山时,他们知道他们走的路是正确的。

Except, well, here's a question.

除了,好吧,我有个问题。

What if there aren't any good landmarks ?

如果没有什么好的地标怎么办?

Like some animals fly or swim in the ocean, which is just a bunch of water, so how do they know where to go?

就像有些动物在海洋里飞行或游泳,那只是一堆水,那么它们怎么知道该去哪里呢?

Squeaks, any ideas?

吱吱,有什么想法吗?

Yeah, that's okay.

好的,没问题。

It's a tricky one.

这是一个棘手的问题。

When there aren't good landmarks, some animals that are awake at night like certain seals and birds use the stars for directions.

当没有好的地标时,一些晚上醒着的动物,比如某些海豹和鸟,会用星星来指路。

They look for things like patterns in the stars.

他们寻找像星星图案一样的东西。

And when they find the right pattern they know that walking swimming or flying toward, those stars will take them where they need to go.

当他们找到正确的模式时,他们知道走路、游泳或飞向那里,这些星星会带他们去他们需要去的地方。

Isn't that so cool?

这不是很酷吗?

Sometimes when you chase your curiosity and try to find answers to the things you wonder about.

有时,当你追逐你的好奇心,试图找到你想知道的事情的答案时。

You end up learning something amazing that you never could have guessed.

你最终学到了一些你永远猜不到的令人惊叹的东西。

So some animals use landmarks and some use stars but other animals like certain birds and bees can do something extra cool.

因此,一些动物使用地标,一些动物使用星星,但其他动物,如某些鸟和蜜蜂,可以做一些额外的酷的事情。

Something people can't do.

一些人们做不到的事情。

They have an internal compass.

他们有一个内置的指南针。

You might have used a compass if you've ever been on a hiking trip.

如果你曾经徒步旅行,你可能会使用指南针。

They have a little needle in them that always points north.

他们身上有一根总是指向北方的小针。

So they can tell you which direction you're going.

这样他们就能告诉你你要往哪个方向走。

Birds and bees have a compass like this inside them.

鸟类和蜜蜂体内都有一个这样的指南针。

We're still learning how it works but these animals can tell which way is north all by themselves.

我们仍在学习它是如何工作的,但这些动物自己就能分辨出哪条路是北方的。

So when it's time to move they know which way they're facing .

因此,到了该行动的时候,他们知道自己面对的是哪个方向。

Man, I wish I had an internal compass that would have made getting back to the fort so much easier.

天哪,我希望我有一个内置的指南针,可以让回到堡垒变得更容易。

But that's okay squeaks and i had a map and we know which landmarks to look out for on the way.

但这没什么,我有一张地图,我们知道在路上要注意哪些地标。

So we didn't get lost too many time.

这样我们就不会迷路太多。

I'm so glad we decided to explore how animals get home though.

我很高兴我们决定探索动物是如何回家的。

They do it so many ways and it really makes me think about how different and interesting each kind of animal is.

它们有这么多的方式,这真的让我思考每一种动物是多么的不同和有趣。

Okay, squeaks, I think your time machine is ready to go.

好了,吱吱,我想你们的时光机已经准备好了。

Oh what's wrong, buddy?

哦,怎么了,伙计?

You wish your time machine was real so you could actually go back to your favorite days.

你希望你的时光机是真实的,这样你就可以真正回到你最喜欢的日子。

I know, pal, but just think of all the great days that we haven't even had yet.

我知道,伙计,但想想我们还没有度过的那些美好的日子。

And since we can watch all these videos of our favorite days, it is sort of like we have a time machine.

由于我们可以观看所有这些我们最喜欢的日子的视频,这有点像我们有一台时光机。

Oh, I'm so glad that cheered you up.

哦,我真高兴让你高兴起来了。

Squeaks, squeaks, where'd you go?

吱吱,吱吱,你去哪里了?

Oh, where you are?

哦,你在哪里?

What on earth happened?

到底发生了什么事?

Squeaks, is that another you? And another you?

尖叫,那是另一个你吗?另一个你呢?

Squeaks, where did you go?

吱吱,你去哪里了?

Well, I guess we have some things to figure out.

好吧,我想我们有一些事情要弄清楚。

So we better go.

所以我们最好还是走吧。

Thanks for joining us today.

感谢你今天参加我们的节目。

If you want to keep learning exploring and having fun with squeaks, squeaks, squeaks and me and all of our other friends, be sure to hit the subscribe button and we'll see you next time on scishow kids.

如果你想继续与吱吱和我以及我们所有其他朋友,一起学习、探索,请务必点击订阅按钮,我们下一次将在少儿科学秀中与你相见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
needle ['ni:dl]

想一想再看

n. 针
vt. 用针缝,激怒,嘲弄

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
curiosity [.kjuəri'ɔsiti]

想一想再看

n. 好奇,好奇心

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探险,探测,探究

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
internal [in'tə:nəl]

想一想再看

adj. 国内的,内在的,身体内部的

 
recognize ['rekəgnaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激

 
pattern ['pætən]

想一想再看

n. 图案,式样,典范,模式,型
v. 以图案

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。