手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 大西洋帝国 > 大西洋帝国第三季 > 正文

大西洋帝国第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第8集:努基提出一项商业建议

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Mr. Mellon, are we talking about gross incompetence

梅隆先生,您在暗示司法部内部
inside the Justice Department or widespread corruption?
普遍不作为,大范围腐败吗
Human nature leaves ample room for both.
人性使得这两者容易滋生
I don't want no problem while I'm gone.
我不在的时候不想出事
I thought Torrio had you on a leash.
托里奥没把你拴好吗
Well, he left town and I chewed through it.
他一出城我就跑出来了
But you pay him, right?
但是你付他钱,对吧
I mean, he gets his taste no matter what.
他无论如何都有钱拿
Every business has its costs.
各行各业都要花钱的
I need your help. I must dispose of a body.
我需要你的帮助,我要处理一具尸体
It's a series of classes intended
这是一系列课程
I know about it already. All of it.
我已经知道了,你做的事我都知道
Please come if you can.
请尽量来吧
You indicting me, Harry?
你要揭发我吗,哈利
Indict Remus instead. That's never gonna happen.
揭发雷穆斯吧, 那是不可能的
President Harding would never force Mr. Daugherty's hand.
哈丁总统不会逼达赫提的
Unless someone made him. Such as?
除非有人逼他, 比如说
I hope to offer my services as a fountain of information
我想提供我的服务,做你的消息源
regarding the Attorney General.
关于司法部长的消息
I don't think it's wise.
我觉得这样很不明智
Don't we both know how to keep a secret?
我们不是都很会保守秘密么
You put yourself on the line.
但你却勇于深入虎穴
I'll be making a change.
我会做出一个改变
You're running the warehouse with Mickey.
你和米奇一起管理仓库
Thank you.
谢谢
Nucky Thompson, Arnold Rothstein. They're working together.
努基·汤普森和阿诺德·罗斯坦是一伙的
Give me your blessing. I'll kill 'em all.
祝福我吧,我会把他们全杀了
What is this?
这是什么
Lovely heroin.
爱的海洛因
My son is dead.
我的儿子死了
And nothing will ever bring him back.
一切都无法将他带回来了
I spoke with the coroner.
我和验尸官谈过了
He made the change you requested.
他按你的要求做了改动
"Accidental drowning."
"意外溺死"
Mr. Whitlock made a persuasive case for discretion.
维特洛克先生这样判,更有说服力
There is the grandchild in the matter.
毕竟还有个孙子呢
I thought I had my son back.
我以为我儿子回来了
Then he would reach for the needle.
后来他吸毒
And nothing I could do could stop him.
我怎么样也阻止不了他
Would you like a few more minutes?
你想再多待一会儿吗
Yes, that's very kind
好的,真是非常感...
We've made our farewells already, I think.
我们已经和他告别了
Would you like to say a last word, Mr. Harrow?
哈罗先生,你最后想跟他说点什么
You two were close.
你们是挚友
Jimmy deserved better than this.
吉米不该是如此下场
You pour your mash in the kettle,
把麦芽浆,玉米,酵母
your corn, yeast what have you mix it with the water.
倒进罐里,然后加水
And you plug in the stopper,
塞好
insert your tubing,
把管子插进去
and fire up the heat.
点火
You wanna keep it around 172, not quite boiling.
温度保持在78度左右,不要煮沸了
As it all cools down, drips out here,
凉了之后,从这放出来
and abracadabra.
然后就咪呢嘛呢哄
Whiskey. What'd I tell ya?
威士忌出来了, 我说过吧
He's not half as dumb as he looks.
他没看起来那么笨
What's this?
这是什么
We'll be out of your hair in a minute, dear.
亲爱的,我们马上就走
You're welcome as a guest in our home.
欢迎你们来做客
What about the smell?
味道怎么办
What about it?
味道怎么了
We have neighbors.
周围有邻居呢
Between the cabbage and the fish in that hallway,
走廊里还有蔬菜和鱼
who's gonna notice?
谁会注意
Besides, half of them are doing the same thing.
再说了,他们中的半数在做同样的事
I got people like you all over the North Side, George.
乔治,我在北边有很多和你一样的人
Practically an army.
几乎可以组成一支军队了
Nice little sideline.
很好的副业
Except you, of course, are working off a debt
当然你是例外,我帮你处理了尸体
for my help getting rid of that probie's body.
你是为了报恩
I understand. Good.
我明白, 很好
I want two cases a week.
一周我要两箱
That's 24 bottles.
一共是二十四瓶
Oh, and tomorrow you're coming with us to a meeting.
明天,你和我们一起去开个会
Be on the corner of Wabash and 23rd at 11:00 a.M.
十一点,沃巴什二十三号的拐角处
I have a job, sir.
我还要上班呢,先生
You'll figure something out.
那你自己想法子
Peddles irons. You believe that?
推销熨斗,你相信吗
9:00 a.M., the Hotel Astor.
早上九点,艾斯托酒店
I'm on the overnight express.
我坐夜班车过来
New York? Tomorrow, just for the day.
纽约, 明天去,晚上就回来
Rothstein or your other girlfriend?
见罗斯坦还是你的小情人
Neither, actually.
都不是
Where are we with the pony?
马的事儿,说到哪儿了
Hot tip?
什么马
For Emily's birthday.
艾米丽的生日礼物
She can hardly walk.
她不能走路啊
Just stating the obvious.
说出事实而已
That's what the pony's for.
所以要马来代步
She'll love it. So what do you think?
她会喜欢的,你怎么看
Morgans are nice. Calm disposition.
摩根马不错,性格温柔
Or a Shetland maybe.
雪德兰马也行
June's sister had one. They can get a bit feisty.
琼的姐姐有一只,不太温柔
Chomped her pinky trying to grab a carrot.
为了一根萝卜,把她小拇指咬断了
We don't want to coddle her, Eli.
伊莱,我们不想把她宠坏了
Leave it to me. I'll get her all fixed up.
交给我吧, 我会安排好的
I-I don't quite know how to say this.
我,我不知道该怎么说
Just start yammering like always.
和以前一样,发牢骚吧
James Darmody is dead.
詹姆斯·达莫迪死了
That is pure speculation.
纯属猜测
No. He has drowned.
不,他是溺死的
The death notices.
已出了讣告
"Mishap while bathing at the home of his mother "
在其母亲吉莉安·达莫迪太太的家里
Mrs. Gillian Darmody."
洗澡时,不小心溺水身亡"
What the fuck?
这他妈的怎么回事
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.
请节哀顺变
Don't be an idiot.
别犯傻了
I mean, you walk down the street
沿街而下
and there's these ruins just sitting there,
周边都是遗迹
thousands of years old.
有几千年的历史了
Look who's back.
看看谁回来了
So how was it?
情况如何
Give me a new perspective, that's for sure.
你必须得说点新鲜的
The medigans it's a fuckin' rat race over here.
那些美国佬,都他妈拼的你死我活
Italy, they take it slow.
意大利人,淡定
A little bread, a little vino.
吃点面包,喝点小酒
What, you want wine? We got a whole fuckin' distillery.
想喝酒呀,我们他妈的有一个酿酒厂
We don't have the feeling.
我们没那个情调
He was just telling me about the volcano.
他刚在给我说火山
What volcano? Vesuvius.
什么火山, 维苏威火山(意大利)
That's near Naples.
那不勒斯附近
I know that. I was just there.
我知道,我刚去过
He says the whole place is falling to pieces.
他说那个地方快崩塌了
That's not f-I mean the way they live.
不是...我是说他们生活的方式
Before we hear about the holiday...
在你分享度假乐趣之前...
Yeah, uh, John, welcome home.
约翰,欢迎回来
So we had a little eruption here, too.
我们也出了点事情
Joe Miller.
乔·米勒
Do I know him? He's with O'Banion.
我认识吗, 奥巴尼恩的手下
At least he was.
反正生前是
So he's past tense.
他死了
He insulted Jake, smacked him around.
他侮辱杰克,抽他耳光
And O'Banion how'd he take it?
奥巴尼恩怎么处理的
He's touchy. I kept it on ice.
他生气了,我把事情稳下来了
He's gonna come by the yards tomorrow to hash it out.
他明天会过来,解决这事
I didn't write 'cause I know you was trying to relax.
我没写信,因为我知道你想休息
I mean, I know you said you didn't want no problems,
我知道你说过不想出岔子
and I'm sure you're sore, but there was nothing I could do.
你肯定很生气,但我是不得已而为之
You did what you thought was right.
你做了你认为对的事
Yeah.
Tomorrow, then.
那就明天解决
There's still the matter of Tommy's guardianship.
汤米的监护人还是个问题
Whatever it costs. You're raising him in a whorehouse.
不计代价, 你放他在妓院里生活
It's a health resort.
这里是健康的休息场所
They're going to want to inspect everything, you know.
各个方面他们都会审查的
Ahem, ma'am, Mr. Thompson is calling.
夫人,汤普森先生来了
Show him in.
让他进来
Do you know what you can always rely on in this business?
你知道这行最值得仰仗的是什么吗
What?
是什么
Sooner or later,
迟早
everyone steps through your door.
不管谁,都会上门来
Leander, would you mind
利安德,你能
if I spoke with Mrs. Darmody alone?
让我和达莫迪太太单独聊聊吗
You're working toward something. Remember that.
你还有事情要做,请记住
I've come to offer my condolences.
我特地前来,以示哀悼
How very kind.
十分感激
You can imagine my shock when I saw this morning's paper.
我看到消息时,震惊万分
A young man cut down in his prime.
一颗繁星的陨落
A troubled young man.
不幸的繁星
Driven to narcotics, truth be told.
事实是,吸毒致死
I hadn't even realized he was back in town.
我都不知道他回来了
Last week.
上周回来的
Back from one of his excursions.
远行归来
I would very much liked to have seen him.
我其实很想见见他
And he you, I'm sure.
他也是,我肯定
Things were rather tense last time.
虽然你们上一次见面气氛不太好
To James.
敬詹姆斯
Shall we stop now with all this nonsense?
能省了这些废话吗
It is nonsense, isn't it?
的确是废话,对吧
We should really be drinking to the sap who died in your tub.
我们敬的,应该是死在你浴缸里的那个笨蛋
You killed my son, Nucky.
你杀了我儿子,努基
You're out of your mind. And I'll never see him again.
胡说, 我不会再见你
A man who buried a son himself
亲手杀死我儿子的人
I had nothing to do with any of that.
那不关我的事
-to stand there and lie to my face!
还当着我的面撒谎
After all the disappointments,
我已经历了这么多失望
the false promises I kept every one.
虚假的承诺, 我履行了承诺
to him and to me.
对我,对他的虚假承诺
Here's what I came to tell you.
我来是为了告诉你
Whatever you're trying to pull,
不管你想搞什么花样
there's something you'd best keep in mind
你最好谨记一些事
you exist in this town because I allow you to.
你能在这里立足,是因为我点了头
And all in all, I'd say that's
总而言之,我会说...
Very generous of you.
您真慷慨
You'd be wise to say that like you mean it.
你最好说得真切点
Well, next is the delicate matter of the act itself.
下一个该讨论文件的敏感字眼了
Something you're looking forward to, is it?
这是你最期待的事情,对吧
My concern is that it be placed within the proper moral context.
我更关心它是否符合道德规范
I'm here to keep him on the path, Sister.
我会监督他的,修女
I will see you both next Thursday.
我们下周四再见
Am I wrong or is she flirting with me?
是我误会了,还是她在对我调情
Every time we talk, she always brings it around to sex.
每次谈话都会被她扯到性方面去
Mrs. Shearer.
席勒夫人
Do you have a question?
有问题要问吗
I need to talk to her.
我要和她谈谈
Well, I have reports to attend to
我还有报告要写
and maybe a chance to actually eat dinner, so...
或许好好吃顿晚餐,那么失陪了
I'm glad you were able to come to the classes.
你能来听课真是太好了
I hope you're finding them useful.
希望课程内容对你有所帮助
If there's anything
如果有什么需要...
My husband won't keep off me.
我丈夫不肯放过我
I told him I wasn't ready.
我说过我还没准备好
And he waited for a while,
之后他等了一阵
but now...
可是现在...
Did you explain to him that it still isn't
你有没有向他解释现在为时过早
I don't want another child,
我不想再生孩子了
no matter what.
无论如何
That's not something we're allowed to discuss here.
这里是不可以谈论这个的
It's what every woman who came tonight wants to know.
这才是今晚来听课的每一个女人想要知道的
I made a promise to the sister
我向修女保证过
You came to me, you offered help.
是你找到我,要提供帮助
I there is a pamphlet I can give you.
我...我可以给你一本小册子
It explains different methods
里面讲解了许多不同的方法...
I don't need a pamphlet
我不需要小册子
or some man to tell me what I already know.
或者什么男人来教我已经知道的东西
When you first saw me and I was bleeding...
我们第一次见面,我在流血
I wasn't...
其实不是...
Yes?
什么
I stored the milk.
我故意留的陈牛奶
I waited.
等它变质
It wasn't an accident.
那不是意外
You understand?
你懂吗
I drank it on purpose to lose the baby.
我喝陈牛奶来流掉孩子
I won't go through that again.
我再也不要经历那样的事了
What do you need?
你需要什么
One of those Dutch caps that go up here
那种用在这里的子宫帽
so I can control things.
让我可以控制生育
But I don't know how to get one.
可我不知道从哪里弄
You have to ask a doctor.
你要问医生要
A doctor won't give me a diaphragm.
医生不会给我子宫隔膜的
A doctor won't even listen to me.
医生甚至不会听我说话
Doctors only listen to ladies like you.
医生只听你这样的夫人说话
It is okay, husband.
没事的,丈夫
Sleep.
睡吧
Plan to take in any shows while you're in New York?
打算在纽约看出戏吗
I hadn't really considered it.
还没考虑过
"Dizzy Izzy" Is a lot of laughs.
《头晕依奇》很有趣
I could set you up with house seats.
我可以给你安排保留座位
Let's keep the favors to a minimum.
娱乐先放到一边吧
What do you do for fun, Esther?
你平时有什么消遣,埃斯特
I run naked through the pages of the United States Criminal Code.
我在《美国刑法》的篇章间裸奔
Really?
真的吗
I believe I can say with some conviction
我想我可以有信心地说
that the arrangements are in place.
事情已经安排妥当
Where is he?
他在哪里
Miss Randolph, do you wish to be privy to these revelations?
兰多夫小姐,你有兴趣知道这些事情的细节吗
In for a penny.
非常
Mm, I applaud your boldness.
我赞成您的直率
Secretary Mellon is in Manhattan today
梅隆部长今天在曼哈顿
attending to matters particular to his private enterprises.
处理他私人产业的一些事物
He will, as a creature of habit,
按照习惯他今天会在
take his luncheon at the Union Club
联合俱乐部用午餐
on 51st Street and 5th Avenue.
第五大道五十一街
How do I get in there?
我怎么进去
You, Mr. Thompson, cannot.
你,汤普森先生是进不去的
However, Mr. Charles Rickson of Missouri can,
然而,密苏里州的查尔斯·里克森先生却可以
owing to a reciprocal agreement with the Kansas City Club.
因为卡萨斯城俱乐部与联合俱乐部有互惠协议
Charles Rickson?
查尔斯·里克森
You have prospered mightily in beef, Mr. Rickson,
里克森先生,您是牛肉产业大亨
and your name is on the register.
册子上有您的名字
What do I need to know?
我需要知道什么
Andrew Mellon is one of the richest men in the world.
安德鲁·梅隆是世界上最富有的人之一
As the head of the Treasury Department,
作为财政部部长
he's responsible for enforcing Prohibition
推行禁酒令实施与收缴赋税
as well as collecting the income tax,
都是他的责任
neither of which I understand him to be partial to.
据我所知,两者他都不太喜欢
And he despises Harry Daugherty.
还有他憎恶哈利·达赫提
Whom he regards as no more than a common thief
他认为达赫提不过是一个小贼
not to cast dispersions on our employer.
不是我对领导不敬
Is that enough to get Mellon to arrest Remus?
这足以让梅隆逮捕达赫提吗
The secretary's business interests are manifold.
这位部长的商业投资很广
He is prominent in finance, steel, coal.
突出的有金融,钢铁,煤矿
He is also the majority shareholder
他还是宾夕法尼亚州
in the Old Overholt Distillery in West Overton, Pennsylvania.
西奥弗顿老欧文赫特酒厂的大股东
Andrew Mellon owns a distillery?
安德鲁·梅隆有酒厂
Pointless possession in this day and age,
在现今的情势下算不上大产业
but it is remarkable how large small irritations
但是微小的刺激
can loom in the minds of great men.
却总能影响伟人的决断
That's all you're going to give me?
你就只告诉我这些
Rather more than you walked in with.
您所知已经比进门时多了许多
The rest will be a tribute to your resourcefulness.
余下的就要靠足下的聪明才智了
You know, I don't think I do want to hear everything.
我要是不要知道所有细节为好
You notice anything funny lately?
发现最近有什么有趣的事了吗
What do you mean? At work.
你指什么, 工作上
You know, the way people been acting.
大家最近的行为
Johnny say anything to you? About what?
强尼对你说过什么吗, 关于什么
About what happened-Joe Miller.
关于发生的事,乔·米勒
Why? Was he sore?
怎么,他病了吗
I don't know. Didn't say nothing.
我不知道,什么都没啥
I don't like this, Jake.
我不喜欢这里,杰克
It's where the meat comes from.
这样才有肉吃
Hitch up your pants. They're hanging off your ass.
提提裤子,都要掉了
Boys! John!
小子们, 约翰
You want coffee?
喝咖啡吗
I had espresso at home.
在家刚喝过
Look at this place.
瞧瞧这地方
You believe the stink?
这么臭,能相信吗
It's where the meat comes from.
这样才有肉吃
O'Banion.
奥巴尼恩
Dean, how you been? John.
迪恩,你怎么样, 约翰
You know Hymie Weiss.
你认得犹太佬维斯吧
Good to see you.
很荣幸
There's a new face.
这里有张新面孔
He's my muscle.
我的打手
What's in the case?
箱子里是什么
Tell him, George.
告诉他,乔治
Irons. Yeah.
熨斗, 对
Press you out nice and flat.
熨得又平又帖
Where you from?
你是哪里人
Me? Cicero.
我吗,西塞罗
So this Joe Miller business
乔·米勒的事
I've been very well behaved.
我可是很讲道理
Cooled my heels waiting for you I was over in Naples.
等你等得脚都麻了, 我当时在那不勒斯
Different world, Deanie. Meanwhile
截然不同的世界,迪恩尼,然而...
People there very gracious with each other.
那边的人彼此间相当慷慨
You know why? All due respect
知道为什么吗, 无意冒犯...
Because they understand life is short.
因为他们懂得人生短暂
Threats? Really?
威胁我,真的吗
You show up after months and you got the gall
你几个月不出现,一来就...
Hey! John's talking.
约翰还没说完
He took a fucking barstool to Joe Miller's head.
他用酒吧高脚凳砸乔·米勒的脑袋
Standing in our speak like you own the fuckin' joint.
以为这是你的地盘吗, 不怕风大闪了舌头
This is how you settle a beef... Yeah.
你们就这么了事, 对
when I'm the one who kept my word, huh?
我可是言而有信
Pompeii. What?
庞贝, 什么
Pom-peii. You heard of it?
庞贝,听说过吗
The town was buried in 79 A.D.
古城于公元七十九年被埋葬
These poor fuckin' souls
那些可怜的人
for generations they're next to this mountain.
祖祖辈辈居住在山脚下
They got no idea it's actually a volcano.
完全不知道那是一座火山
One day, they're going about their affairs and boom!
有一天大家照常生活,一声巨响
The lava. Covers everything.
火山岩浆覆盖了一切
Not even time to run.
甚至没有时间逃走
Right.
They're still there hundreds of them,
他们还在那里,数百人
frozen, like statues.
凝固在那里,就像雕像
One fella a blacksmith or something
有一个人,铁匠什么的
still got the hammer in his hand.
手里还握着锤子
He died doing what?
他死的时候在做什么
Banging on some tin for a few shekels
为了几个舍客勒做锡器
or whatever they used.
或者是别的什么钱币
And losing that money
他怕失去这份钱
he was more afraid of that
甚至远甚于
than losing his life.
害怕失去生命
So Joe Miller.
那么乔·米勒呢
Al here's gonna work something out.
这件事阿尔来处理
I came here to settle with you.
我是来找你谈的
Well, there's your mistake, Deanie.
那就是你的错误了,迪恩尼
'Cause the person to talk to was Al.
因为你该找的人是阿尔
The past is for suckers, right?
失败者才纠结于过去,不是吗
Depends what happens in the future.
取决于未来如何发展
John said to talk, so let's talk.
约翰说谈,我们就谈
Let's have a look at you.
让我来瞧瞧你
You're quite serious about this.
你很认真嘛
It's wise to be.
认真是明智之举
There's more blood spilled at horse fairs than anywhere else.
马场上的事故比别处都多
Did you have one in Coleraine? Oh, aye.
你在科尔雷恩有小马吗, 有的
Great gas of a day.
那可是好日子
Yeah, my dad put on his best,
我爸爸会穿上最好的衣服
strolled down the high street like a grand man,
趾高气扬地走在大路上
jiggling the coins in his pocket.
口袋里的钱币叮当作响
What did he do?
他是做什么的
He was only a clerk for the ironmongers,
五金商店里的会计
but he he had a certain air.
可是他就有那样一种派头
You had to admire it.
你不得不佩服
And a shilling for me to spend as I liked.
给我一先令,随便花
Licorice rope.
甘草绳
Fry's Chocolate Cream.
弗莱奶油巧克力
What of yourself?
你呢
We had a Welsh Cob for plowing.
我们有一匹威尔士柯伯犁马
I'd ride him when I could.
我有机会就骑
Till my father drank him away.
直到爸爸卖了他换酒
I did so love the fair, though.
我还喜欢集市
People from miles around
几里内的人都会来
old bachelors down from the hills,
南边山里的老单身汉
tinkers on the road,
路上的补锅匠
dancing and songs coming out from the pubs.
小酒馆里传来歌舞声
Bit of life to the world, wasn't it?
给世界注入了些生机,不是吗
We'd sneak away and wander.
我们会偷偷溜出来闲逛
And my brother Eamonn...
我哥哥埃蒙
What? What of him?
怎么,他怎么了
Nothing.
没什么
He'd walk behind someone
他会溜到人家背后
ahem, a fat man, or bandy-legs,
通常是个胖家伙,或是跛脚
and imitate him when he couldn't see.
然后模仿他们的一举一动
All I could do to keep from falling in the mud laughing.
我只能强忍着不要笑得失态
So you approve?
那么你同意咯
Of Kip here? Aye.
奇普么,是的
Seems right enough.
已经不错了
Well, folks?
怎么样
Take him around the paddock, see what he's like.
带它去牧场遛遛,看看怎么样
The lady wants some time to think it over.
这位女士还需要点时间考虑
Can't see a thing.
什么都看不见
In the theater, you know there's an audience out there.
通常在剧院里,台下会有观众
Maybe you think you're too good for the movies.
也许你觉得自己拍电影委屈了
Why would I think that?
我怎么会这么想
Something I've noticed with you stage types.
从你的台风看出来的
Oh, I don't think
我可没觉得
I'm too good for anything.
自己有什么委屈的
I mean, I love 'em.
我热爱这一切
What do you love about them?
你为什么热爱
I don't know.
我不知道
Sit in the dark,
坐在黑暗里
stare up into the screen,
盯着大荧幕
forget who you are for a while.
暂时忘记了自我
Most people say "Where you are."
多数人说"在哪"
Pardon?
什么意思
You said "Forget who you are."
你说"忘了自我"
Is that what you're trying to do?
这是你想努力做到的吗
Aren't we all?
我们不都如此吗
Turn left.
向左转
And right.
右转
Look up.
向上看
Holy thoughts.
虔诚的期盼
Okay, let's see how the camera likes you.
好,来看下你是否上镜
You wanna do that?
你想试镜吗
Why else would anyone schlep out to Queens?
不然来皇后剧院干嘛
Sassy.
古灵精怪
You know Gil Longacre?
你认识吉尔·朗埃克吗
I did "Full Steam Ahead" with Mr. King at Lasky.
我和金先生在拉斯基合演过《全速前进》
Freighter, stowaway, Chinaman with a hatchet,
承运人,偷渡者,拿着短柄小斧的中国佬
a monkey, and a girl.
一只猴子,一个女孩儿
Sounds like a doozy.
听上去是个大人物啊
Well, it paid for my house.
我的房子就是靠这部戏挣来的
You two sit there.
你们俩坐那
Don't look at the lens.
不要看镜头
Keep your lips closed when we kiss.
我们接吻的时候你把嘴巴闭上
Wait, we're kissing?
慢着,我们要接吻吗
And roll.
开拍
All right, Gil's a charming gambler on the run from the law.
好吧,吉尔是一位亡命天涯的赌徒,魅力非凡
You're a showgirl down on her luck.
你是一位不得志的歌舞女郎
Not a lead, but, you know, the funny one in the chorus.
不是主演,而是在歌舞队中搞笑的那个
The pony. Is that what they're called?
丑角, 是这么叫的吗
Action!
开始
Is this cab taken?
这辆车有人坐了吗
It sure is, and I'm the one who took it.
当然了,我正坐着呢
Don't turn your head so far. Do you mind?
先别回头看, 你不介意拼车吧
We're headed the same way. Give him some lip, blossom.
我们是一路的, 对他撅嘴,花美人
Keep your face out.
别转头
You've got your nerve. Why, I oughta
你好大的胆子,凭什么我要...
And policeman outside. He's looking, he's looking.
警察在外面,四处张望,搜索
What are you gonna do, Johnny Diamonds?
你要怎么做,约翰尼·戴蒙德
They're after you.
他们在追捕你
Policeman.
警察还在
Policeman. Policeman.
警察还在,还在
And he's gone.
走了
What did I do to deserve that?
我做了什么你要打我
What didn't you? Make sure he gets the message.
你心知肚明, 给他点颜色看看
Cabbie, St. Patrick's and step on it.
司机,去圣帕特里克,赶紧的
I'm late for church.
去教堂要迟到了
Would you tell him to turn off that ticker?
能让他把那钟关了吗
You don't care what the market is doing?
你不关心市场行情吗
This is meant to be a retreat.
我已经隐退江湖了
Then I won't take up much of your time.
我不会打扰你太久
Why would you take up any of it?
何必要打扰
Because we have an enemy in common.
因为我们有共同的敌人
Harry Daugherty.
哈利·达赫提
You're not a member of this club.
你不是俱乐部成员
I'm not a member of any club.
我没有加入任何俱乐部
My name is Enoch Thompson.
我叫伊诺克·汤普森
You may have heard of me.
你可能听说过我
Or not.
或许没有
In any case, the Attorney General and I have had dealings,
总之,我和检察长有过生意来往
but those dealings have come to an end.
但这些生意都结束了
And the nature of these dealings would be?
这些生意的本质是什么
Circumvention of the Volstead Act.
规避禁酒法案
Should I continue?
我能继续说吗
I make no excuses for myself.
我并不是给自己开脱
I'm a businessman,
我是个商人
a small businessman,
小商人
and I'm sure you can understand that.
你肯定能明白吧
But for Harry Daugherty,
但是哈利·达赫提
the chief law enforcement officer of the United States,
美国的首席执法人员
to be involved with to in fact be the head of
牵涉到,其实是领导着
a large criminal conspiracy,
一场重大的犯罪活动
something is wrong with the country, Mr. Secretary.
这个国家出了问题,部长先生
Something is very wrong.
出了大问题了
Your sense of patriotism is offended, Mr. Thompson?
汤普森先生,你的爱国之心被冒犯了吗
Isn't yours?
你不也是吗
Daugherty is nothing but a shabby little huckster.
达赫提只是一个卑鄙的小商贩
I've always thought so. The whole lot of them are.
我一直这么认为, 他们都是
That's what democracy gets you
这就是民主带给你的
bandits fighting over a cut of the loot.
一群土匪,为分赃争斗
The income tax.
为所得税
Sanctioned robbery with no constitutional basis.
那是没有宪法依据的合法抢劫
And Prohibition?
禁酒呢
A child's idea of morality.
幼稚的道德观点
I don't envy your position.
我真不嫉妒你的职位
But we-I hope you'll allow me to say "We"
但是我们,希望你允许说"我们"
can do something about that
可以彼此帮助
and help each other in the bargain.
共商权宜之策
You have the power to arrest George Remus,
你有权力逮捕乔治·雷穆斯
the biggest bootlegger in the country
他是国内最大的私酒贩子
with direct, ongoing ties to Daugherty
他和达赫提以及其手下
and the men that work for him.
有着长久的直接关系
Arrest Remus and force Harry to show his hand.
逮捕雷穆斯,逼哈利出手
A man doesn't indict himself.
谁会自己揭发自己呢
Then you'll have something on him to use when you need it.
但是你也能得到对付他的筹码
That's just as valuable, maybe more.
那同样重要,甚至更为重要
And that would be your bargain? No.
这也是你的筹码, 不
Your distillery. Overholt.
你的酿酒厂,欧文赫特
It would stick in my craw for the government to tell me
我的私人财产被政府管着
what I could or couldn't do with my own property,
真是要我的命
no matter how trivial it seemed.
不管财产大小
But that's how I am.
我就是这样的人
It's the little things that eat at me.
困扰我的都是些小事情
And you would rectify this how?
你怎么调整呢
I'd run it for you.
我帮你管理
It's a field I have some expertise in.
这是我擅长之事
You wouldn't know anything about it.
你什么也不用知道
We'd never speak.
我们也不用联络
All you'd see is the money.
你只管收钱就是
And there's always a way to hide that.
保证没有人知道
Is that a yes?
你同意了吗
Even a perhaps?
考虑一下呢
You brought some color to my day, Mr. Thompson.
汤普森先生,谢谢大驾光临
And I do appreciate that.
我很感激
Yes, Mr. Mellon?
梅隆先生,何事
There's no cause for a scene,
我无意制造事端
but this gentleman is an interloper.
但这个人是闯进来的
Please be ready to call the police
如果他不立刻离开
in the event that he doesn't leave the premises immediately.
请马上报警
I'll see myself out.
告辞了
It doesn't make sense
这讲不通
a pony when there's no telling what the future holds.
一匹马,谁也不知道将来会怎样
What does it matter? She'll enjoy it now.
有什么关系呢,她喜欢就行
Could always take the shed and turn it into a proper barn.
可以把棚屋改造成马厩
Who's going to tend to him?
谁照顾马儿呢
It'll be good for Teddy.
应该挺适合泰迪的
Learn how to look after an animal.
学会怎样照顾动物
Not that clearing out stalls is Please.
他不用扫马厩... 拜托
Something wrong?
怎么了
Just...
就是...
you mustn't talk that way
你不能用那种方式说
about what's good and isn't.
什么好,什么不好
Why not?
为什么
Because they're just words
因为字只是字
and they don't mean anything anymore.
没有其他意义
Would you teach me how to drive?
你能教我开车吗
Right now?
现在
No.
After.
以后
And with the added bonus of steam...
还有喷出的蒸汽...
your only regret will be that I didn't show up sooner.
你只会怪我为啥不早点出现
Should I put you down for two, ma'am, or just one?
夫人,买两个呢,还是一个
One'll be fine.
买一个吧
And that's how you close 'em, boys!
就这样结束,伙计们
Swell job, Ralph.
干得好,拉尔夫
One thing, though.
不过有个事
Make sure you mention the enamel grip,
一定要提到陶瓷握柄
which is a lot softer on those delicate hands.
对女士们的小手来说,握感会更好
All right, who's next, huh?
好了,下一个谁来
George, how 'bout it? Yeah, come on, Georgie.
乔治,怎么样, 来啊,乔治
Yeah, come on. Strut your stuff. Come on, George.
快大显身手, 快点乔治
I'm not feeling my best, Mr. Gulliver.
格列佛先生,我不太舒服
I haven't been sleeping. Ralph: Aw!
我几夜未寐
A good night's rest and a sensible breakfast.
睡个好觉,吃个丰盛的早餐
A salesman travels on his stomach.
胃好,销售好
What I like is that Malt-O-Meal.
我最喜欢美多麦
Phil, you be the customer.
菲尔,你来扮演顾客
Okey-doke. Come on, George, shake off those cobwebs.
好滴, 乔治来,别坐着不动
Good morning. Ain't you gonna ring the bell?
早上好, 不按门铃吗
Yes.
好的
Well? Oh, I'm sorry.
怎么了, 对不起
The bell's on the fritz. You'll have to knock.
门铃坏了,你得敲门
May I help you?
有何贵干
Good morning, sir. My name
早上好先生,我叫...
Sir? Why, how dare you?
先生,你可真冒昧
Can't you see that I'm a perky little housewife?
你看不出来吗,我是个活泼的小主妇
No wonder he's hardly making any sales.
难怪他卖不出去东西
Yes, ma'am. My name is George Mueller.
是的,女士,我叫乔治·穆勒
I am with the Electric Iron Comp
我代表电熨
the Farraday Electric Iron Company.
法拉第电熨斗公司
Well, if you don't know who you work for,
连你都不知道自己东家叫什么
then why should I care?
那我有什么可在乎的
I misspoke.
是我说错了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Ma'am, I am selling a product
女士,我的产品能够
that can save you hours of backbreaking work.
将您从繁杂的家务中解救出来
Is it a steam-powered dildo?
是蒸汽振动棒吗
Because, oh, my arm sure gets tired.
因为我总是用手,太累了
Terrible. No, ma'am.
真糟糕, 不是的,女士
It's an iron.
是熨斗
And if you'll allow me to demonstrate...
请允许我为您展示
this is our newest model.
我们的最新产品
It has heat set three heat settings
是一套加热,加热三件套
and an enamel handle, which is very comfortable on the hands.
有珐琅手柄,让您把握自如
This tip, as you can see
您看,这个头
What did you say your name was?
你说你叫什么来着
George Mueller, ma'am.
乔治·穆勒,女士
And are you married?
你结婚了吗
I am. Well, Mr. Mueller,
结了, 这样啊,穆勒先生
if you screw as poorly as you pitch, you really should be...
如果你的床上功夫和你推销的能力一样差
selling dildos because your wife could use a
你真该去卖振动棒,因为你肯定满足不了
Somebody stop him!
快阻止他
George, George, be reasonable!
乔治,乔治,理智点
Hey, come on, it was a gag!
别这样,他就是开个玩笑
George, please, calm down.
乔治,拜托,冷静点
Somebody call the cops!
赶紧报警
What?
什么
I am Sheik Hous bin Farten.
我是胡宾法顿酋长(谐音:谁放屁了)
What?
什么
I come from the mysterious East.
我来自神秘的东方
When my eyes go wide, I am irresistible.
我盯上的东西,没有得不到的
Come to me.
过来吧
No. Come to me in Araby.
不要, 跟我去阿拉伯
Silence! Silence!
安静,安静
None may laugh at bin Farten.
谁也不许笑宾法顿
What?
什么
What's that smell?
什么味道
Oh. Hello.
你好
No, don't
别这样
I said drink it. Don't blow on it.
我让你喝的,不是吹的
Gus!
古斯
I didn't know you were in town.
我不知道你来了
Just thought I'd drop by the oasis.
我想来世外桃源逛逛
Have a drink. We're celebrating.
喝杯酒吧,我们正庆祝呢
Bill's gonna be a movie star. I don't know about that.
比莉要成电影明星了, 还没敲定呢
Well, she tested for Clifton King and he loved her.
她今天去克里夫顿·金试镜了,导演很喜欢她
And now we're all boiled!
所以现在我们非常开心
Congratulations. Thanks.
恭喜, 谢谢
I haven't met the sheik.
这位酋长是谁
Oh, this is Gilbert Longacre. He's a movie star, too.
这位是吉尔伯特·朗埃克, 他也是个明星
I've got a picture coming out next month.
我下个月有部片子上映
He fights a monkey with a hatchet. A Chinaman.
他拿了把斧子战猴子, 是中国佬
You fight a monkey with a Chinaman?
你和中国佬一起战猴子吗
You need to start drinking.
该喝酒了
I'll get you started, sir. What?
我给你倒吧,先生, 什么
I said I'll get you started. What did you call me?
我说我给你倒酒吧, 你叫我什么
Uh, sir?
先生啊
Gilbert, why don't you take that pig-in-shit smirk
吉尔伯特,你赶紧带着你那吃屎的傻笑
and that bedsheet and get the fuck out of here?
披着这床单滚蛋吧
Take her with you.
带着她一起
Why don't you watch your language?
你说话注意点
Or what?
不然呢
Or you'll wish you had... sir.
不然有你后悔的,先生
Gus!
古斯
Little fucking interloper. Gus, you need to calm down.
你个多管闲事的, 古斯,冷静点
He's
他是
Jesus.
天呐
He's not worth it, Gus. Gus, stop it!
你犯不上这样,古斯,快停下来
Gus, Gus, stop it! Stop it!
古斯,别这样
Gus! Stop
古斯
Gus! Stop!
古斯
Stop it! Gus!
停下来,古斯
Get get back!
闪开
I am not kidding!
我说真的
Vi, give me a hand. Come on.
薇, 来帮一把
I-Is my nose broken?
我鼻子断了吗
It's hard to tell.
看不出来
You have to leave. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
你该走了,抱歉
You're gonna get sued by the studio!
工作室会起诉你的
How do you like that? He will pay for everything.
你喜欢吗, 他会赔偿你的
Won't you?
是吧
Okay, Vi, Vi, could you could you just
好了,薇,你能不能
could you just please No, I'm not gonna leave you here.
请你, 不行,我不能把你一个人留在这
I will be fine, all right?
我没事的
Just just get him some ice, all right?
给他拿点冰
Okay? You have money for a taxi, right?
好吗, 你有打车的钱吧
Jesus.
天呐
What's it about?
什么故事
What?
什么
The picture.
那部电影
A gangster
一个匪徒
and a showgirl.
和一个歌厅女郎
I don't like this arrangement.
我不喜欢这样
I don't like looking the other way.
我不喜欢被蒙在鼓里
I don't like not asking questions
我不喜欢有些问题
I'm not supposed to hear the answers to
我不该知道答案,更不该问
what you're up to, who's here, who's not.
你在干什么,谁来了,谁走了
I don't like you lying to me. I never lied about
我不喜欢你骗我, 我没有
Not telling it's the same goddamn thing.
什么也不说,也他妈一样
I don't like it! I don't ask you either.
我不喜欢, 我也不问你
I'd say that's mighty white of me, wouldn't you?
我这样算不算很体谅人
I can take care of you.
我能照顾你
You won't have to worry about anything.
你什么也不用担心
I'm not worried, Gus.
我不担心,古斯
How long do you think this is going to last?
你觉得你能这样多久
Don't you think I'm any good?
你觉得我不好吗
The business you're in.
你这行是青春饭
You don't, do you?
你觉得我不好
There's nothing you can count on.
你什么也靠不上
Look at your friend. You wanna wind up like her?
看你那个朋友,你想变成她那样吗
Leave Vi out of it. It happens all the time.
别把薇扯进来, 一直都是这样
People just want something new.
观众只想看新鲜的
In a year from now, two years
再过一年,两年
I have a father, okay? He's in Newburgh.
我有爸爸,知道吗,在新堡
He thinks a fist is a good way to end an argument
他觉得拳头是解决问题的好办法
and I don't live there anymore.
我就是因为这个离开家的
That's how you see me? That's how you sound.
你觉得我也是吗, 你听起来就是那样
I'm on my own, Gus.
我一直靠自己,古斯
I have been for years.
一直以来都是
I like it.
我喜欢这样
And...
而且
Go on, say it.
说下去
You're no fun this way.
你这样一点也不好玩
And what do you want from me?
你究竟要我做什么
I just want you...
我只想要你
to be my gangster.
做我的匪徒
Husband. Dear.
老公, 亲爱的
I, uh excuse me.
我,不好意思
What are you doing?
你在干什么
We need to leave here as soon as possible.
我们得尽快离开
Why? I can carry Abigail and two cases.
为什么, 阿比盖尔和那两个箱子我来拿
Husband All you will need to do is bundle up Chester.
老公, 你抱着彻斯特就行
Husband, what has happened?
老公,怎么了
I at work, an incident.
工作的事,小意外
He a bad person.
有个坏人
And the other event.
然后发生了别的事
Where where would you like to go?
你要去哪
I'm open to any state except New Jersey and New York
除了新泽西和纽约,我哪都能去
and Illinois, obviously.
还有伊利诺伊州
But aside from those, we can discuss it Shh!
先不说这些,我们先讨论, 嘘
You stop!
别说了
Wait.
等着
Drink this. I
喝了, 我
Go on. Do.
喝吧
What's this?
这是什么
The whiskey for Mr. O'Banion.
为奥巴尼恩先生做的威士忌
I make it all day while you don't come home.
白天你不在家,我一直在做这个
14 bottles.
十四瓶瓶
You did this by yourself?
你自己做的吗
Also three for us. Us?
我们三个, 我们
Aquavit.
白兰地
When I was girl, I make for Papa.
我小时候给爸爸做过
Some orange peel, too, for flavor.
加点陈皮调味
No. No, no, no.
不不不不
We're not supposed to drink any
我们不能喝...
Not to drink, to sell.
不是喝,拿去卖
Sell where? On Kedzie Boulevard.
卖到哪, 凯茨大道
To Norwegian people there.
卖给那的挪威人
What?
什么
Syttende Mai is tomorrow,
明天就是挪威的自由日了(每年的5月17号)
the day to celebrate when Norway become free of the Danes.
庆祝挪威摆脱丹麦统治恢复独立
We sell the aquavit for the extra money it will bring.
我们是给自己卖白兰地
It's not what Mr. O'Banion needs for, so no problems.
反正奥巴尼恩先生也不要
Darling, I
亲爱的
We do this so you don't worry yourself about losing your job.
我们做酒,这样你就不用担心工作的事了
We make more, we sell more.
做得多,挣得多
We stay.
我们不走
There is no need for us to be going anywhere.
我们哪也不用去
We buy a house right here... in Cicero.
买座房子,就在西塞罗
When did you get in?
你什么时候进来的
Last night.
昨晚
Late.
深夜
I need this room.
我要用这间房
The roofers have to inspect the ceiling.
修屋顶的要来检查天花板
I told you I ain't paying for that.
跟你说过我不掏钱
I took a loan, Charles.
我贷款了,查尔斯
You needn't concern yourself.
你不用担心
Why are you here, anyway?
你来这干什么
I got business with A.R.
罗斯坦的生意
And Nucky Thompson.
还有努基吧
What of it?
是又怎么样
When are you meeting? Tonight.
什么时候见面, 今晚
We got a dinner at Babette's.
在芭贝特夜总会
You belittle my business,
你蔑视我的生意
break bread with my enemies.
跟我的敌人交朋友
Who the fuck you think you are?
你觉得你是谁
Come on, I'll give you a nice, hard fuck like you like.
别这样,我会操的你很舒服
I want you out.
你给我出去
I need a shower first. Out of the business.
我要先洗个澡, 你出局了
Here's a check.
给你支票
$4,500.
四千五百美元
The fuck I'm gonna do with a check?
给我支票干什么
Stick it up your ass for all I care.
塞进你的屁股里,我才不在乎
Better yet, let Nucky do it for you.
最好让努基给你塞进去
Whoa, what the fuck you doing?
你在干什么
Dr. Mason. Hello.
梅森医生, 你好
Did you drive here?
你开车来的么
No, I was-I was waiting for you.
不,我在,我在等你
I need your help with something
我需要你的帮助
and it's rather delicate.
这很私密
Too delicate to discuss inside?
私密到不能到里面讨论么
I would like to ask you
我想让你
to help me... obtain a diaphragm.
帮我装一个隔膜
Is this what the Shearer woman wanted to speak to you about?
这就是那个叫席勒的女人给你说的事
Yes.
是的
Actually, I suppose I'd need two.
事实上,我需要两个
Two?
两个
One for her...
一个给她
and one for me.
一个给我
It was nearly midnight when I felt the pain.
大约到半夜的时候我才感到疼痛
The midwife was called,
助产士给我电话
and together we passed the night.
一起我们度过了那个夜晚
Hours later, after my ordeal,
经过一个小时的痛苦之后
she placed him at my breast.
她把他放到我的胸前
It was just after dawn.
那时天刚刚蒙蒙亮
The whole world looked brand-new.
世界好像掀开了崭新的篇章
Do you have children, Mr. Rosetti?
您有孩子么,罗塞蒂先生
Two girls. My little princesses.
两个女儿,我的小公主们
Beauties just like their mother.
和他们的母亲一样美丽
They're the lights of your life.
他们是你生命中的光芒
The sun rises and sets.
太阳东升西落
One day they're little, the next...
一天他们很小,另一天
My grandson
我的孙子
he's all I have left.
我只有他了
Mr. Harrow,
哈罗先生
have you met Mr. Rosetti?
你见过罗塞蒂先生么
I have not.
没有
A pleasure.
很高兴见到你
Tonino. How do you do?
托尼诺, 您好
I've restocked the bar.
我把吧台的货补齐了
And Tommy is asleep? Yes.
汤米睡着了么, 是的
That will be all.
那没事了
You use him to scare away the mice?
你留着他吓老鼠的么
Mr. Harrow was a friend of my son.
哈罗先生是我儿子的朋友
Are you familiar with Babette's?
你知道芭贝特么
Supper club on the boardwalk.
木板路上的一家夜总会
I ate there with Nucky before our falling-out.
和努基发生争吵之前我和他在那吃过饭
Have you fallen out?
你还会发脾气
I hadn't realized.
我真没感觉到
He'll be dining there this evening
他今天晚上会和罗斯坦先生
with Mr. Rothstein.
在那用餐
You don't say.
是么
I'm not sure what time,
我不确定是几点
but that shouldn't be hard to ascertain.
但这应该不难查到
Why are you telling me this?
你为什么告诉我这些
I thought perhaps you'd like to surprise him.
我以为你想要给他个惊喜
You have a phone call.
有您的电话
Am I supposed to guess?
我要猜是谁来的么
The gentleman would not reveal himself,
电话里的人没有报名字
but he said you would be relieved to hear his voice.
但是他说您听到他的声音会放心的
Who is this? Mr. Thompson.
哪位, 汤普森先生
That's who you called, isn't it?
你找的不就是我么
This is Andrew Mellon.
我是安德鲁·梅隆
Sir, what can I do for you?
先生您好,找我有什么事么
A few days from now, Treasury agents in Cincinnati
几天之后,在辛辛那提的财政部探员
will arrest George Remus
将会以违反禁酒法令为由
for multiple violations of the Volstead Act,
逮捕乔治·雷穆斯
including the purchase of government liquor permits
其中一项罪名是伙同美国总检察长的一个助手
from a close associate of
非法购买
the Attorney General of the United States.
政府颁发的酒类许可证
Are you referring to Jess Smith? In exchange,
你指的是杰西·史密斯么, 作为交换
I expect the Overholt Distillery
我希望欧文赫特酿酒厂
to be operational within one month
可以在本月内投入生产
and generating a profit the month thereafter.
下个月可以创造利润
I assure you that will be the case.
我向您保证这可以实现
Henceforth, you will not contact me.
从今以后,不要再联系我了
Is that understood? Yes.
明白么, 明白
Then our intercourse is concluded.
那我们的谈话可以结束了
Am I allowed in? I lost an earring.
我能进来么, 我丢了一只耳环
Which?
哪一只
These hummingbirds you gave me.
你给我的蜂鸟那对
I'll buy you new ones.
我再给你买副新的
I like these.
我喜欢这对
And who are you supposed to be?
你这是要扮谁
Huh? Stand up.
什么, 站起来
Like it?
喜欢么
I don't know.
不知道
Yes.
喜欢
For the picture?
扮的照片里的人么
Just felt like being someone else for a little bit.
就是想体验一下当别人的感觉
Who?
Nadine Beckenbauer.
纳丁·贝肯鲍尔
Where you from, Nadine?
你从哪来,纳丁
Newburgh, New York.
纽约,新堡
No kidding?
不是开玩笑吧
God's honest.
绝对真实
Ever been to Atlantic City before?
以前来过大西洋城么
First time.
第一次
And what do you think?
你感觉这里怎么样
They told me it was wicked.
别人告诉我这里很邪恶
They were right.
他们说的没错
Am I under arrest?
我要被捕了么
You're being freed.
你要自由了
It's a single premium annuity.
这是一份一次性付清的养老保险
Again, please, in English.
再说一遍,用英语好么
Guaranteed income the first of each month
保证以后你每月一号
for the rest of your life.
都能领到一笔钱
We already made up, Gus, okay?
我们已经和好了,古斯
That's not what it's about.
这和那没关系
Then what's the gag?
那这算什么
Call it a mystery.
就当是个神秘事件
I don't need Need anyone's help.
我不需要, 需要任何人的帮助
I envy that.
我羡慕这点
So what you do with this money and who you do it with
那么你要怎么处理这笔钱,和谁一起处理
it's nobody's business but your own.
那完全是你自己的事情
Are you saying goodbye?
你要走了么
I'm saying, "Hello...
我在说, "你好
Nadine Beckenbauer.
纳丁·贝肯鲍尔
Hello and good luck."
你好,祝你好运"
You know, if you change your name, you might go pretty far.
你知道,如果你改名,也许会走的更远
I will put on a different pair.
我去换副新的耳环
Unlike steam irons, aquavit sells itself.
不像蒸汽熨斗,白兰地从来不缺买家
We were gonna go down to Nell's if you're interested.
如果你感兴趣,我们一会去内尔
I'm heading home.
我要回家
Osso buco tonight.
今晚吃炖小牛肘
Greektown.
希腊城
Demos was short. I got someone on it.
德莫斯的份钱又少了,我找人去处理了
He's good for it.
他没问题的
Need anything else?
还有其他事么
Sounds like you got it all under control.
听上去你都处理的很好了
See you tomorrow, then.
那明天见
Love to Mae and the boy.
给梅和你儿子问好
Freak show tonight...
恐怖秀今夜上演
And this gentleman
这位绅士
he's trustworthy?
他值得信任么
He's a Chink. I ain't inviting him over for Christmas dinner.
他是中国人,我没邀请他来参加圣诞晚宴
$50,000 apiece is a lot of money.
每人五万美元不是个小数目
Sell it on the street, make 10 times that.
在街上兜售,可以赚十倍的钱
If you wanna make extra, sure.
如果你想多赚一些,那当然没问题
We'll make sure we could Thompson!
我们可以保证可以, 汤普森
Mr. Thompson!
汤普森先生
Aw, shit.
该死
Baxter, you old so-and-so.
巴克斯特,你这个老家伙
How's tricks? Gangbusters, I tell ya.
近况如何, 很让人失望,我告诉你
I'm selling radios now.
我现在卖收音机了
Oh, aren't you going to introduce me?
你不要帮我介绍一下么
George Baxter,
乔治·巴克斯特
meet Arnold Rothstein, Charlie Luciano,
阿诺德·罗斯坦,查理·卢西亚诺
and Billie Kent.
还有贝莉·肯特
Charmed, I'm sure.
真是魅力十足
Well, don't make up your mind so soon.
别这么早下结论
Go ahead.
我们走
No reason for both of us to suffer.
没必要让你我都在此受煎熬
Don't malinger, now.
别逃跑
So you're out of the cutlery business now?
你现在不卖餐具了
Well, there's a lot more silver
美国无线电公司
in the Radio Corporation of America.
有更多银子可赚
How about RCA,
美国无线电公司
the official radio of the world's playground?
世界发展变化的官方无线电台
Strictly on the QT, I know a charming lass
悄悄告诉你,我认识一个漂亮的姑娘
who's very close to Mr. David Sarnoff himself.
和大卫·萨尔诺夫本人很亲近
And I bet-I am certain...
但是我肯定
Here we go.
我们走
It's a game of chance. It's a game of skill.
这是靠智慧取胜的游戏,靠技巧取胜的游戏
Are you okay?
你没事吧
What happened?
发生了什么

重点单词   查看全部解释    
partial ['pɑ:ʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 部分的,偏袒的,偏爱的
n. 泛音

联想记忆
charming ['tʃɑ:miŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 迷人的

联想记忆
mighty ['maiti]

想一想再看

adj. 强有力的,强大的,巨大的
adv.

联想记忆
volcano [vɔl'keinəu]

想一想再看

n. 火山

联想记忆
majority [mə'dʒɔriti]

想一想再看

n. 多数,大多数,多数党,多数派
n.

 
intended [in'tendid]

想一想再看

adj. 故意的,有意的;打算中的 n. 已订婚者 v.

联想记忆
rectify ['rektifai]

想一想再看

vt. 订正,矫正,改正

联想记忆
cob [kɔb]

想一想再看

n. 雄天鹅;玉米穗轴;结实的矮脚马;[英]圆块 vt.

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
blessing ['blesiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 祝福,祷告

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。