手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 诉讼双雄 > 诉讼双雄第五季 > 正文

诉讼双雄第五季 (MP3+中英字幕):第4集 哈维与路易的交易

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

You took this case without running it by me.

你没经过我的允许就接了这个案子
Jessica. That's enough. Dump it.
杰西卡,够了,撤销
Or I will.
否则我去撤销
You think this case is a winner?
你觉得这案子能赢吗
I do.
能赢
Then what do you say we do it together?
那你觉得我们一起做如何
I'm afraid you're gonna end up hating each other.
我怕你们最终会憎恨对方
If I'm lucky, I'm gonna fight with him about a lot of things.
如果我足够幸运的话将会因为很多事情和他争斗
Why not start with a fight where we're both on the same side?
所以为什么不以一次站在同一边的斗争作为开始呢
This is harvey's last three income statements,
这是哈维最近三个案子的收益表
and I found them sitting in the copy machine.
我发现它们被放在复印机里
You came to work for me.
是你主动为我工作的
You knew who I was when you did,
你做决定的时候知道我是什么样的人
so now it's time for you to decide.
你该作出决定了
Are you with me or not?
你到底要不要站在我这边
You always said, once you pick a side,
因为你总说,"人一旦选择了立场
if you're not loyal to that side,
就要忠于他的立场
then who the hell are you?
不然他算什么人呢"
You should've thought of that before you picked someone
那你在选择一个会做出这种事的人之前
who would do something like this in the first place.
就该好好想想
You ever take sides with Jack Soloff against me again,
你再跟杰克·索罗夫一伙儿
I will bury you.
我会灭了你
Well, you look happy.
你看起来很开心啊
Becky just tell Susie she likelikes you?
贝琪刚告诉苏西她确实很喜欢你
Eh, more like Kelton insurance just told Robert Zane
其实是凯尔顿保险刚告诉罗伯特·赞恩
they're scaredscared of us.
他们确实很害怕我们
You got a settlement offer?
你们收到和解报价了
Just like he said we would.
就像他说的那样
I got to hand it to him, he played them perfectly.
不得不表扬他一下,他把他们耍得很漂亮
Did he now?
他现在这样了
What?
什么
Nothing.
没事
Look, I take it back about Becky.
听着,我收回关于贝琪的话
The only one with a crush around here is you.
这里唯一春心萌动的人是你
Sounds like someone's worried that Robert Zane
看来有些人担心罗伯特·赞恩
might be better than him.
也许会比他强
Nice try, Tiger, but did Magic ever worry about Bird?
想得美,泰格,但魔术师什么时候怕过伯德
First of all, yes, he did.
首先,是的,他怕过
Second of all, you realize
其次,你有没有意识到
you're the white guy in this scenario, right?
在这个比喻里你才是白人
I know I'm the bigger badass in every scenario.
我知道在任何比喻里我都是比较厉害的那个
Okay, Mr. Badass, which one are you, Magic or Bird?
好吧厉害先生,你是谁,魔术师还是伯德
I think we both know I'm...
我觉得我们都很清楚我是
Jordan.
乔丹
Hey, why don't you go meet your boyfriend Robert Zane?
不如你去找你的男友罗伯特·赞恩吧
I think I just left something at security.
我好像落了东西在保安那里
Oh. Look who likelikes someone now.
看看现在是谁确实喜欢某人了
Ma'am, the last time I let someone up
女士,上次我放了
that he wasn't expecting,
没有预约的人上去
he threatened to have me executed.
他威胁要把我处决
I'm sure he did, but I'm telling you that
我知道他肯定是那样说的,但我想说
that Gretchen obviously forgot to phone down, Carl,
格蕾琴肯定是忘了打电话下来了,卡尔
because we have a meeting scheduled for right now.
因为我们约了这个时间开会
That isn't what she just
但她刚才不是这么...
Carl.
卡尔
A meeting with you. Really?
和你开会,真的吗
I promise I'm much betterlooking
我敢向你保证我比
than whoever you were supposed to meet.
你要见的那个人帅
You have no idea how right you are.
你说的太对了
But I could have sworn you were just on your way out.
但我看你好像正要出去
Oh, that's not a problem.
没关系的
The mayor can wait.
市长可以等
But I'm not sure the Governor can.
但我觉得州长不一定可以
Are you trying to outnamedrop me?
你是在跟我比名头吗
If I were, I think I just did.
如果是的话,我觉得我刚赢了
But I'll let you in on a little secret.
但我告诉你个小秘密
I don't really care about names that much.
我一点都不在乎名头
Well, if you don't care about names,
如果你不在意名头
why don't we skip the introductions
那我们就跳过自我介绍阶段
and just get down to breakfast?
直接吃早餐吧
What if I already had breakfast?
如果我已经吃过了呢
I'm talking about tomorrow morning, in my kitchen.
我是说明早,在我的厨房
Or yours, I mean, you look like you have a nice place.
或者你的,我是说,你看起来住的不错
As tempting as that is, maybe another time.
虽然很有诱惑力,但下次吧
Good luck in your meeting.
祝你开会顺利
So how's my favorite painintheass lawyer?
我最喜欢的讨人厌律师过得如何
I thought Louis was your favorite painintheass lawyer.
我以为路易是你最喜欢的讨人厌律师
He is, but Louis isn't responsible
没错,但我做这个
for me getting to work on this.
可不是为了路易
You're doing the grunt work on our case?
你在给我们的案子干粗活儿
I pulled some strings, thought it might give us
我托了关系揽下这活儿,觉得这可以
a chance to work together.
让我们有机会一起工作
You know I'm engaged, right?
你知道我已经订婚了,是吧
Yes, Mike, that's my plan,
是的,迈克,这是我的计划
to steal you from my boss's daughter.
把你从我老板女儿的身边偷走
It's a thing. It's been done.
事实如此,木已成舟
Well, I didn't come here to steal you.
我不是来偷走你的心的
I came here to thank you.
我是来感谢你的
For what?
为什么
Come on, Mike.
拜托,迈克
I get fired, and two days later,
我被解雇了,而两天后
I get an offer from Rachel's father?
瑞秋的父亲给我提供了职位
Whatever you did, I owe you one.
不论你是怎么做到的,我都欠你一个人情
Actually, you owe Rachel one.
事实上,你欠瑞秋的人情
No shit.
不是吧
Shit.
就是
shiiit.
该死
By the way, you're in the wrong conference room.
顺便说,你进错会议室了
Okay, Esther, what are you doing here?
好吧,埃斯特,你来这干什么
What, a woman can't stop by
怎么,一个女人,不能在路过时
to see her brother, who she loves?
顺便来看看她爱的哥哥吗
Please, you know damn well we don't love each other.
拜托,你太清楚了,我们之间没爱
In that case, I need a lawyer.
这么说的话,我要请律师
You? For what?
你,为什么
Did you give someone salmonella with your stupid muffins?
你给别人吃了你的带沙门氏菌的松饼吗
I'm getting a divorce.
我要离婚
Well, good.
好吧
I knew that guy was dead weight the second I met him.
我第一次见他就觉得他是个累赘
I know, I think that was your speech at our wedding.
我知道,你在婚礼致辞的时候就这么说的
And your sympathy is touching,
你的同情很感人
but I didn't come here to vindicate you.
但我不是跑来证明你有多正确的
No, I know you didn't.
我知道
You came to get me
你是来让我
to slaughter Jeffrey for you, and I will.
帮你干掉杰弗里的,我会的
When I'm done with him, he won't have a pot to shit in.
等我收拾完他,他想拉屎都没有夜壶用
It's "Piss in".
夜壶是用来尿的
And, Louis, I don't want you to slaughter Jeffrey.
路易,我不想让你干掉杰弗里
Why the hell not?
为什么
Because I want Harvey Specter to.
因为我想让哈维·斯佩克特来做
Come again?
再说一遍
You said he was the best attorney in the city.
你说过,他是城里最好的律师
No, Esther, I told you he was my best friend.
不,埃斯特,我说的是他是我最好的朋友
Which is exactly what you said
十年级的时候
about Jeremy Henschell in tenth grade,
你也是这么说杰里米·翰舍的
which really meant
而这句话真正的意思是
you worshipped him from afar,
你远远地崇拜着他
you wrote in your diary about him,
写的日记都是关于他的
and you never actually hung out.
而且你俩都没一起玩过
Okay, you swore you never read my diary.
你发誓说没过看我的日记
And you swore you didn't spy on me and Jeremy.
你也发誓说没偷窥我和杰里米
Oh, please, that was one time.
拜托,就那么一次
I was on my way to get a glass of milk.
我是要去拿杯牛奶
And for your information,
而且这么跟你说吧
I've been lactose intolerant ever since.
从那以后,我一直乳糖过敏
Louis, are you gonna get me Harvey,
路易,你帮我找哈维
or do I have to get him myself?
还是我自己去找
Harvey is not taking on any new clients right now,
哈维现在不接新客户
and he's out of town for the next few years.
而且未来几年都不在城里
Louis, I know what you're doing.
路易,我知道你什么意思
You think I want Harvey
你以为我找哈维
because I don't think you're good enough.
是因为我觉得你不够好
You're wrong.
你错了
I know how good you are.
我知道你有多出色
But this is personal for me,
但这是我的私事
which means it will be personal for you,
那就意味着,那也是你的私事
and I can't have that.
我不能让你参与
So please, will you get me Harvey?
所以拜托,帮我去找哈维好吗
I'll make it happen.
我帮你找哈维
Thank you, Louis.
谢谢,路易
That was Esther?
刚才那是埃斯特
Yes, I know what you're gonna say
对,我知道你要说什么
we look exactly alike.
我们是一个模子刻出来的
That actually wasn't...
我没想说...
I get itit's like looking at me in a wig.
我知道,我要是带上假发就是那样
I've heard it a thousand times.
我已经听过上千遍了
Yeah, the resemblance is uncanny.
对,相似之处太不寻常了
What?
怎么了
I'm just wondering why you're not getting up to go ask Harvey.
我只是在想你干嘛不赶快起身去找哈维帮忙
Because I'm not gonna ask him.
因为我不打算去找他帮忙
I'm gonna save some time and tell her he said no.
我打算省点时间直接告诉她哈维拒绝了
Louis Donna,
路易...唐娜
we all know that Harvey's furious at me.
我们都清楚哈维超级生我的气
There's no way he's gonna do it.
他没可能会答应帮忙的
Maybe not.
也许是这样
But, Louis, she's family,
但是,路易,她是你家人
and if there's one thing that Harvey understands,
要说有什么是哈维能理解的
it's that.
那就是这个了
Where the hell have you been?
你去哪里了
Sorry, I got stuck in really bad traffic.
抱歉,路上堵死了
So you were in the wrong conference room.
你刚刚进错会议室了
For about 20 minutes.
耽搁了差不多20分钟
So what did we get?
和解金有多少
Want to take a guess?
想要猜猜看吗
$90 million.
九千万
Want to take a real guess?
认真地猜猜看
That was a real guess.
刚刚就是认真的啊
Son, what planet are you living on?
小子,你是哪个外星球来的
The planet where you called
就是那个你管它叫
To say we got a great settlement.
"我们得到了很棒的和解协议"的星球
$25 million is a great settlement.
两千五百万就是很棒的和解了
$25 million?
两千五百万
Robert, after fees,
罗伯特,除去那些费用
that's less than $70,000 per person.
每个人连七万都拿不到
Then what do you suggest we counter with?
那你觉得我们要如何反击
I suggest we counter with a trial.
我建议上庭吧
Are you nuts? You don't go to trial.
你疯了吗,不能上庭
You turn up the pressure, and then you settle.
只能给他们施压,然后和解
Going to trial is turning up the pressure.
上庭就是施压啊
The second we finish opening arguments,
我们一讲完开庭陈词
that offer is gonna triple.
钱就会翻三倍了
Look, I've sat across the table from these two
听着,过去六年来,我和这两个人
four times in the last six years,
谈判过四次
and when they say this is their best offer,
每当他们说这是他们能给出的最高价了
It's their best offer,
那就是这样了
and we're recommending it.
我们就要建议受害者接受
Well, you can recommend whatever you want.
随你怎么建议
I'm recommending we reject it.
反正我是要建议他们拒绝的
You don't give clients conflicting opinions.
不能给客户相互矛盾的建议
You work it out behind closed doors.
我俩关起门来统一意见
Well, maybe that's the problem.
也许那就是问题所在
You want to do things behind closed doors.
你想要关起门来做事
I actually want to be honest.
而我却想做到诚信公开
Hey, watch yourself, Mike.
注意你的态度,迈克
You tell me this,
你自己说
would $70,000 per person
假如事关劳拉或者瑞秋的性命
be a great settlement if we were talking
你还会觉得每人七万
about Laura's life or Rachel's?
是很好的和解协议吗
You get out of here!
你给我滚
You don't come back
在你想清楚为什么
until you wrap your head around recommending this offer.
要建议受害者接受和解前别回来
And don't you ever use them against me again!
还有,你永远不许用她们俩来反驳我
Don't tell me he wasn't in here either.
别告诉我他也不在这里
He was in here, all right.
之前在的
What happened? Did the settlement fall through?
怎么了,和解失败了吗
No, it didn't, but it should've.
没失败,但应该让它失败的
They gave us a shitty offer.
他们给的和解金额很少
Robert's ready to take it.
而罗伯特准备接受
Come on, if it's really that bad,
拜托,假如真有那么糟糕
why would he take it?
他怎么会接受
Because he knows his clients will jump all over it
因为他知道他的客户们会大发雷霆
and it's the easy way out.
而这是简单的解决办法
So you think Robert doesn't care about his clients?
所以你觉得罗伯特不关心他的客户吗
It sure seems that way.
看起来确实是这样的
Mike, I've only been here a few months,
迈克,我来这里只有几个月
and there are a lot of things you can say about Robert Zane,
关于罗伯特·赞恩你可以有种种说法
but what you can't say is that
但你唯独不能说
he doesn't care about his clients.
他不关心自己的客户
Go away, Louis.
走开,路易
I would, but then I couldn't tell you
我本来要走的,但那样我就无法告诉你
about the $50million company I'm giving you.
我要把那五千万的公司给你了
And why would you do that?
你为什么要那么做
'Cause I want to make up for our little misunderstanding.
因为我想要弥补我俩之间小小的误会
We didn't have a misunderstanding.
我们之间没什么误会
You went after my money,
你以前是抢我的钱
so if you're giving me a client,
所以假如你主动给我客户
there's some other misunderstanding
那就说明还有其他的误会
that you're too chickenshit to tell me about.
但是你太懦弱而不敢告诉我
It's my sister's company.
是我妹妹的公司
I'll give you her business.
我会把她这个客户给你
All you have to do is handle her divorce.
而你只需解决她的离婚案
I don't want your sister's business.
我不想要你妹妹这个客户
Now get out.
给我出去
Harvey, this is my family.
哈维,这是我的家人
My sister, she...Has never asked me for anything
我妹妹,她从没求过我任何事
Her entire life, not once.
一次都没
Now the one time she does, I just can't let her down.
这是第一次,我不能让她失望
Louis, I'm not a divorce attorney.
路易,我不是离婚律师
When has a shitty detail like that ever stopped you before?
你什么时候在意过这种无关紧要的细节了
All right, I'll do it, on two conditions.
好吧,但我有两个条件
First, you stay completely out of this case.
第一,你绝对不许插手
Done. Second?
没问题,第二呢
I'll let you know when I think of it.
我想好了再告诉你
How do I know it won't be something I can't stomach?
那你要是提出什么我不能忍的要求呢
You don't, but those are my two conditions.
不怎么办,这就是条件
Okay, Harvey, you have a deal.
好吧,哈维,成交
One thing.
就一点
Promise me you won't sleep with Esther.
答应我你不会和我妹妹睡觉
Believe me, Louis, the last thing I want to do
相信我,路易,我一点也不想
is sleep with your sister.
和你妹妹睡觉
I'm glad you agree.
你同意就好
I'll let you know when the paperwork's finished.
等材料都弄好了我再联系你
I know you didn't wrap your head
我知道你还没有
around this deal in the last ten minutes,
对那份协议回心转意
So what are you still doing in my office?
所以你现在来我办公室做什么
Exactly what you'd be doing in my place.
来回敬你去我办公室做的
Robert, I know you said that you know these two lawyers,
罗伯特,你说你认识那两个律师
but I don't.
但我不认识
I need to see for myself what they will or won't do.
我需要亲眼看到他们的底线
And you still want to counter.
你还想还价
I want to at least try.
至少要试一试
Except you don't want to go by yourself,
但是你却不想一个人试
You want me to go with you.
你希望我和你一起
Yes, I do.
是的
Because you and I both know, if we don't go together,
因为你我都清楚,如果我们不一起去
we don't stand a chance.
根本就没有机会赢
I know we don't stand a chance either way.
我们怎样都没有机会赢
And if I do go, it makes me look like a fool.
我去了也只是让自己出丑罢了
Robert, I saved you from looking like a fool in that courtroom.
罗伯特,在法院时是我让你免于出丑
I came through for you.
我帮了你一把
Now I'm asking you to come through for me on this.
现在请你也为我做同样的事
You and rachel are peas in a pod.
你和瑞秋真是如出一辙
Can't believe she's really worth $50 million.
难以置信她的公司竟然真的值五千万
I can't believe you've never heard of her company.
难以置信你竟然从没听说过她的公司
Do I look like I buy a lot of potholders?
我看上去像会买很多垫手布的人吗
She doesn't just sell potholders.
她又不是只卖垫手布
She has a brand like Martha Stewart.
她的品牌和玛莎·斯图尔特的一样有名
Look, I get that you think she's impressive,
我知道你觉得她很了不起
but to me, she's just Louis's sister,
但对我来说,她只是路易的妹妹
which, as far as I'm concerned, is strike number two.
光是这点,就是第二大噩耗
What's strike number one?
第一大是什么
The fact that she's Louis's sister.
她是路易的妹妹这个事实
Oh, come on, Harvey, listen.
拜托,哈维,听着
Are you gonna take this seriously or not?
你能不能认真对待这件事
I'll tell you what I'm gonna do.
我来告诉你我的计划
I'm gonna go walk there.
我走进去
I'm gonna shake this woman's meaty hand.
握握那女人的肥手
I'm gonna get this over with as quickly as possible.
然后把案子早解决早了事
You?
是你
You've got to be kidding me.
这不是在逗我吧
You two know each other?
你们认识
So you weren't meeting the governor.
所以你不是来和州长见面的
You're telling me you were really gonna blow off the mayor?
你还要坚持说自己放了市长鸽子吗
The mayor. You don't know the mayor.
市长,你根本不认识市长
I'm so sorry,
很抱歉
let me introduce my soontobe former associate.
这位是很快要被我炒鱿鱼的助理律师
Rachel Zane.
瑞秋·赞恩
Esther Edelstein.
埃斯特·艾丁斯坦
It's nice to finally meet the man
终于有幸一见
I've heard such good things about.
我久仰大名的男人
It's nice to meet the woman
终于有幸一见
I've obviously heard nothing but lies about.
我除了讹传什么也没听说过的女人了
Let's get to it.
讲正题吧
Yes.
I just have to know,
我必须得问
were one of the two of you adopted?
你们有一个是被领养的吗
I've been asking that for years.
这么多年来我都被问习惯了
Hey. Get out.
出去
Shit.
Come on, speak up, narcissist, it's not a freakin' library.
大点声,自恋狂,会议室又不是图书馆
Reminder to thin the walls
提醒我把会议室的墙
in the conference room/ make a peephole.
改薄或是开个洞
What do you think you're doing?
你干什么呢
What happened?
什么事
Oh, I was just checking the soundproofing,
我只是在检查隔音效果
Making sure they thicken the walls in the conference room.
确保他们把会议室的墙加厚了
So if I walk out this door and I turn to the right,
所以我出门右转的话
I won't see Harvey in there with Esther?
不会看见哈维和埃斯特在会议室里了
Esther's here? I didn't know that.
埃斯特来了,我都不知道
Louis, listening through the wall
路易,隔墙偷听
is not staying out of her case,
可不叫不插手她的案子
And if Harvey finds out, he's gonna drop her.
如果被哈维发现了,他会放弃她的案子的
Look, it's my sister, all right?
那可是我妹妹
I just want to make sure he does right by her.
我只想确保他不含私心地对待她
And you never would have asked him to take this case
如果你不相信他的人品的话
if you didn't trust that he would do just that.
你就不会请他接这个案子了
So put the glass down, go back to your office,
所以,把杯子放下,回你办公室去
and let him do his job.
让他履行职责
You know it'd be easier for both of us
你要是时不时出点错
if you were wrong every once in a while.
我俩都能好过点
When we decided to get divorced, Jeffrey and I agreed
我们决定离婚时,我和杰弗里达成共识
he would get 20% of the company, no need to involve lawyers.
他会得到20%的公司股份,不用请律师
The next thing I knew, I got a letter from a lawyer.
接下来,我却收到一封律师函
Jeffrey doesn't think 20% is enough anymore.
杰弗里觉得20%满足不了他
No, he doesn't.
没错
Esther, I'm gonna ask you a question,
埃斯特,我要问你个问题
and I want you to answer me honestly.
希望你诚实地回答我
Who's leaving who?
是谁要离开谁
It's mutual.
我们都想离
It's never mutual.
从没有双方都想离的
So I'm gonna ask you again. Who's driving this decision?
所以我再问一遍,是谁主动要离婚的
I am.
Then the answer to our problem
那我们解决问题的方法
is for you to stay away from the negotiations.
就是让你不参与谈判
What? No, I'm not staying away.
什么,不行,我得参与
Listen to me.
听我说
He's going back on your deal
他背弃你们的协议
because he wants to prolong the fight.
是因为他想拖长这场战斗
I don't care.
我不在乎
I spent 12 years building the company.
我花了12年建立起公司
I'm not gonna sit back and let someone else decide
我不会袖手旁观,让别人替我决定
how much I'm allowed to keep.
能给我剩下多少
Then what'd you come to me for?
那你还来找我干什么
Because you're supposed to be the best.
因为你是最好的律师
I am the best, and I didn't get that way
我是最好的,但我的风格
letting someone else call the shots.
可不是让别人做决定
So you're either gonna let me do that,
所以你要么让我全权接手
or you're gonna get yourself another lawyer.
要么就换个律师吧
All right, here's what I need you to do.
我需要你干的事如下
You can tell me what you need me to do in a minute.
你可以一分钟后再告诉我干什么
First we're gonna talk about what happened back there.
首先我们讨论刚刚发生的事
What happened is, I laid down the law,
刚刚发生的是,我摆出了法律
she accepted, I'm the man.
她接受了,我是英雄
Yep, uhhuh.
是啊
Okay, I'm not talking about that.
但我要说的不是那个
I'm talking about how the moment you walked through the door,
我想说的是你进门那一瞬间
you looked like you were struck by a bolt of lighting.
你就像被闪电劈了一样
I did not. You most certainly did.
我才没有,绝对有
In fact, before you started fighting,
其实在你开始正事之前
I was afraid the two of you were gonna go at it on the table.
我都担心你俩会在桌上来一炮
Afraid or hoping?
担心还是希望
That's unsavory.
真恶心
And you making lewd comments about our client isn't?
对我们的客户发表下流评论就不恶心吗
Lewd comments about what client?
哪个客户的下流评论
Harvey likes Louis's sister.
哈维喜欢路易的妹妹
That's funny, 'cause that's exactly what I came in here
巧了,我来找他就是为了
to talk to him about.
谈这件事
You like Louis's sister?
你也喜欢路易的妹妹
Not enough to fight you for her.
还没喜欢到跟你争
Well, you should reconsider. She's lovely.
你该重新考虑一下,她很可爱
And I'm leaving.
我先走了
Harvey, why are you all of a sudden
哈维,为什么突然之间
taking on Esther Edelstein as a client?
埃斯特·艾丁斯坦成了你的客户
And don't tell me it's because she's lovely,
你可别告诉我因为她可爱
because I'm not sure I believe that.
我可不相信
I took her on because Louis asked me to.
路易求我,我才接了她的案子
And the last I heard, you and I were both pissed at him.
可是上次我还听说,我们都在生他的气呢
And I still am.
我的气没消啊
But he told me this was family,
但他告诉我这是他的家人
and...I thought this might be a chance
而且,我觉得这也是个机会
for us all to get back on track.
让我们都回归正轨
I like that, Harvey.
干得不错,哈维
You just might turn out
最后发现
to be a half decent name partner after all.
你还算是半个合格的冠名合伙人啊
I doubt it.
我深表怀疑
So do I.
我也不确定
Well, frankly, Robert, I'm surprised
坦白说,罗伯特,我很惊讶
you called for another meeting.
你竟然又要开会
Surprised by a routine counter?
被例行还价吓到了吗
When the first offer is as generous as ours, I am.
确实,尤其是我们的第一个提议那么大方
Just hear the man out, Will.
听他把话说完,威尔
Campbell v. State health.
坎贝尔诉国家健康公司案
Wilson v. GenRx.
威尔逊诉健力医疗案
Friedman v. Medfirst.
弗莱德曼诉领先医疗公司案
Those are identical class actions
这些集体诉讼案都差不多
in which the average payout
它们的赔偿金额是
was $1/2 million per plaintiff.
平均每位原告50万
They were jury awards, and two of them were reduced
这是法庭裁决的结果,其中还有两个因为
for being excessively punitive.
过度惩罚而降低了金额
Dollar amount was still higher than what's on the table.
那最后的金额也比你们给的高
After seven years of appeals.
可人家打了7年的官司呢
Yeah, and like we said, we don't care how long it takes.
没错,可是我们也说了,不在乎时间
We want triple what you're offering.
我们希望你们现在给的金额能再翻三倍
And I want to skinny dip with Sofia Vergara,
我还想跟索菲娅·维加拉一起裸泳呢
But no puedo hacerlo.
但是,臣妾做不到啊
That's Spanish for "We're not giving you another nickel."
这句西班牙语是说"我们连一分钱都不会再多给"
And what's Spanish for "We'll see you in court"?
那西班牙语的"法庭见"怎么说
Bring it on.
放马过来
That's enough. Come on, Will.
好了,威尔,别动气
We're just having a conversation.
我们这不还在谈嘛
Conversation?
I gave you a fair offer, Robert,
罗伯特,我给了你一个很好的提议
because I respect you,
因为我尊重你
and I thought that you respected me enough to know
我觉得你也是尊重我的,所以当我说这是
that I meant it when I said it's the best I could do.
我能争取到的最好结果时,我以为你会懂
Then he comes in here threatening a trial.
结果他就过来,威胁我说要上法庭
Well, you know what?
现在好了
You don't like what's on the table,
你要是看不上我们给的价
we can pull the whole damn thing.
那我们就统统撤回
I told you he wasn't messing around.
跟你说了他不是在开玩笑的
You were right about that.
你说对了
Now I'm right about taking this to trial.
但是上法庭这个决定也是对的
You aren't right about anything.
你的决定没一个对的
I owed you. I paid up. We're done.
我欠你的,我还过了,我们结束了
No, we're not done, and I'm still not
不,我们没完,我还是不会
recommending this offer to my clients.
推荐我的客户接受这个提议
Well, that's too bad, because they already signed off.
那真是太可惜了,他们已经签掉了
What?
什么
You talked to our clients before we even went in there?
在我们来这儿之前你就跟我们的客户通过气了
You're damn right I did.
是的
We took a shot, and it didn't work.
我们已经试过了,没用
Now, in the meantime, we had an obligation
现在呢,我们有义务
to show their offer to our clients, and I did.
把他们的提议告诉客户,所以我就这么做了
Don't give me some bullshit justification.
别给我在这儿扯他妈的淡
You went behind my back.
你背着我做事
I didn't go behind your back. I went over your head.
我没背着你做事,我是越过你做事
What the hell are you talking about?
你在说什么
You know what the hell I'm talking about.
你知道我说的是什么
I went to your boss's boss, and you know what?
我去找了你老板的老板,你知道吗
She and I see things the same way.
她跟我的看法是一样的
And as far as I'm concerned, this case is settled.
从我的角度来看,这个案子已经结束了
Why don't you two have a seat? I suggest we get right to it.
二位请坐,我们马上开始
Wait a second, where's Esther?
等一下,埃斯特呢
She won't be joining us, but I've been authorized
她不来了,由我全权代表她
to negotiate on her behalf.
来进行谈判
No. No, I'm not agreeing to anything without her here.
不,不行,她不来我什么都不会同意的
That's because you don't really want to negotiate,
那是因为你不是真心来谈判的
you just want to stay connected to her,
你只是还想和她有所联系
and that's not gonna happen.
但这是不可能的
I don't know when you decided to become a divorce attorney,
我不知道你是什么时候转做离婚律师的
but that's not how it works.
但这事儿不是这么干的
I didn't become a divorce attorney
我没转做离婚律师
because it's the minor leagues,
因为这只是小打小闹罢了
but this is how it works with me.
但这就是我做事的方式
What the hell is this?
这是什么鬼
That's our new offer, nothing.
我们的新方案,什么都不给你
This is bullshit.
太扯了
You thinking you deserve even 20%
你认为你该分得
of our client's business is bullshit.
我们客户公司的20%才是胡扯
So you're either gonna accept the terms that
所以,你要么接受
you and Esther agreed to,
你和埃斯特先前的条款
or you can take our new offer.
要么接受我们的新方案
You can threaten all you want,
随你们怎么威胁
but my client has a right to what's his,
但我的客户有权分得属于他的财产
and that's half the company,
也就是公司的一半
because 12 years ago, that's what your client agreed to.
因为这是十二年前,你的客户答应过的
See, I wasn't just gonna be Esther's husband.
我当时不仅要成为埃斯特的丈夫
I was gonna be a doctor,
我还要当医生
but I put that on hold
但埃斯特的公司刚起步
while Esther got her company off the ground,
我就搁置了这个计划
and when I said I was willing to do that,
我跟她说了我的想法后
she said I'd get half.
她说会把公司分我一半
Which constitutes an enforceable verbal contract.
这构成了强制性口头契约
So I don't care whether Esther's here or not.
我不在乎埃斯特在不在
She promised to spend our lives together,
她承诺与我共度一生
and she's breaking that promise.
现在她要违背那个诺言
There's nothing I can do about that one,
对于这点,我无计可施
but I'm sure as hell gonna hold her to the other one.
但我非常确定,我会让她遵守另一个承诺
You have no proof she ever made that promise.
你没有证据证明她许下过这样的承诺
Ask your client about it,
去问你的客户吧
because when we depose her under oath,
当她宣誓作证的时候
you can rest assured we will.
我们一定会问她
You authorized the settlement?
是你批准了和解方案
You want to change that tone?
不能好好说话吗
No, I don't, because you told Robert Zane
不,不能,你让罗伯特·赞恩
to treat me like a partner,
把我当合伙人
and then you turned around, and you cut my legs out.
然后你回过身来,对我捆手捆脚
I told him that because you were my proxy,
我那么说,是因为你是我的代表
but you're not my proxy with me.
但我不需要你代表我来跟我谈
And I don't appreciate my decisions being questioned.
我不喜欢我的决定被质疑
Did you even look at that offer?
你看过那份合同吗
Mike, I'm going to explain something to you
迈克,我要跟你解释一下
that, based on your approach to this conversation,
你既然这么气势汹汹来找我
you clearly don't understand.
显然还不明白
This trial will cost millions.
开庭将花费数百万
And Arcadian has deep pockets.
阿卡迪亚基金有的是钱
And they're not looking to empty them on a gamble.
他们也不想把钱拿去冒险
So this is all just about the money.
所以都是因为钱
Were you born yesterday?
你是三岁小孩吗
The clients are looking for money.
客户想要钱
We're looking for money.
我们想要钱
The insurance company's looking to keep money.
保险公司想要留着钱
It's always about the money.
归根结底都是钱的问题
And if you had some balls, we'd get a whole lot more.
如果你有点种,我们会赚多得多的钱
Listen to me, I don't know what you thought marching in here
听好了,我不知道你觉得跑来找我
was going to do other than piss me off,
除了惹我生气还能有什么用
but you're going to march the hell back out
但你给我从哪来回哪去
because I have better things to do with my time
比起跟你解释普世真理
than to explain to you how the world works.
我有更重要的事要做
Hey, I got your message.
我收到你的消息了
Jeffrey signed the agreement?
杰弗里签协议了吗
He did.
签了
All it needs is your John Hancock.
只差你的签名了
Wait, this doesn't say 20%. It says 50%.
等等,这不是20% ,是50%
Oh, I'm sorry, did I forget to mention
抱歉,我是不是忘了说
that he said you promised him 50% of your company
他说你曾答应把公司分他一半
for putting off medical school?
因为他推迟了上医学院的计划
Because you sure forgot to mention that to me.
因为很显然,你忘了告诉我
You have got to be kidding me.
你在开玩笑吧
How could you not tell me that?
你怎么能不告诉我呢
Because it was a throwaway conversation
因为这只是十二年前
we had 12 years ago on the New Jersey turnpike.
我们在新泽西高速路上开车时随口一说
Well, it wasn't throwaway to him, and he's gonna use it
他可不觉得是随口一说,他会利用这点
because he's feeling betrayed.
因为他觉得自己被背叛了
Well, I don't really care what he's feeling
我才不在乎他的感受
because he's the one who had the affair.
搞外遇的是他又不是我
You wanted to know the circumstances of our divorce.
你想知道我们为什么离婚
Well, that's what they are.
这就是理由
That's why I'm leaving him.
所以我才想离开他
I am sure you wouldn't understand what's it like
我知道你不会明白
to experience infidelity.
爱人不忠是什么感受
I would, and I do,
我明白,我也知道
but that doesn't change the fact that you made a contract.
但这不能改变你许下口头契约的事实
What about our other contract? 20%.
另一份合同怎么算, 20%那份
The original agreement supersedes it,
原始协议优先级更高
and an affair doesn't change that.
出轨也不能改变
Except he doesn't have any proof
但他没有证据
I ever made the original agreement.
我当初和他有过这一协议
Esther, they're gonna put you under oath
埃斯特,他们会让你宣誓作证
and ask you pointblank if this happened.
然后直接问你,你们有没有这一协议
And I'm going to say it didn't.
那我就说没有
That's perjury, and I'm not gonna let you do that.
那是作伪证,我不能让你那样做
What are you,
你以为你是谁
some white knight who never crosses the line to win?
一个从来不会为了赢而越线的光明骑士吗
No, but I'm not gonna let you make a decision
不,但我不会让你
in the heat of the moment
一时头脑发热
that you'll regret for the rest of your life.
做出会令你后悔终身的决定
Well, then you better find some other way to void this deal,
那你最好找到别的办法让这份协议失效
because there's no way I'm giving my shit bag husband
因为我绝不可能让我那混蛋丈夫
half of everything I own.
拿走我的一半财产
I need you to find every loophole there is
我需要你找出口头合约的
around verbal contracts.
所有可能漏洞
So Jeffrey was telling the truth?
所以杰弗里说的是实话
Yes, and she'd rather slit her wrists
是的,而她宁死也不愿意
than give him 50%, and I don't blame her.
给他一半财产,而且我不怪她
Yeah, but she's the one who's leaving him, so
但是她主动提出离婚的,所以...
He cheated on her, didn't he?
他搞外遇了,是吗
Well, that's between our client
那是我们的委托人
and her soontobe exhusband,
和她准前夫之间的事
and I have no intention of letting him
反正我绝不会让他
get the better of her.
就这样占她便宜的
What?
怎么了
You're being protective. It's sweet.
这激起了你的保护欲,很贴心
Okay, listen to me, we're protecting Esther
听我说,我们保护埃斯特
because it's our job to protect her.
是因为这就是我们的职责
And if we don't figure a way out of this,
如果我们想不出办法解决这件事
she's gonna lose millions of dollars,
她就会损失数百万美元
so you want to make observations about the two of us,
所以你想要观察我们两个的事,随便你
do it all you want after we've won.
但要等我们赢了以后
I'm on it.
我马上去做
Okay, so final deal memos here, check authorizations here.
好了,这是最终协议备忘,这是核准授权
Now all we need to do is get Kelton to sign, and we are done.
现在只要让凯尔顿签完字,我们就完事了
Mike, I know you think this deal sucks,
迈克,我知道你认为这个协议烂透了
but there is a silver lining.
但毕竟还有好的一面
we got to work together again.
我们又能一起工作了
What?
怎么了
I was just thinking about when we started.
我只是回想起我们刚认识的时候
Who would've thought that working with you
谁会想到和你一起工作
would ever have been a silver lining?
会是好的一面
Me?
Yeah, you.
是啊,你
What about you?
你就好到哪去吗
What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊
I have been a gentleman since day one.
我从一开始就一直很友善的
Really? Yes.
真的吗,当然
Remember the whole airplane incident?
你不记得飞机那件事了吗
Do I? Yes, you were the one who
我记得吗,当然记得,是你...
Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait.
等等,等等等等
Wait a second. Delta Financial.
等一下,达美金融
What about them?
他们怎么了
There was a brochure for Delta Bauer Financial
罗伯特·赞恩的桌子上有一本
on Robert Zane's desk.
达美鲍尔金融的手册
And on top of that, they were listed
那上面说他们是
as a subsidiary on Arcadian's annual report.
阿卡迪亚基金的一家子公司
As are 50 other funds.
他们的子基金公司多着呢
50 other funds that don't have a brochure
可是其它基金公司的手册
on Robert Zane's desk.
都没有出现在罗伯特·赞恩的桌子上
Mike Katrina,
迈克,卡特里娜
I need to know if they're one of your clients.
我需要知道他们是不是你们的客户
You know I can't tell you that.
你明知道我不能告诉你
Okay, well, you just did.
那就说明是了
Now I need to know if they own shares of Kelton.
我还需要知道他们是不是拥有凯尔顿的股份
I don't know if they own shares, and I'm not gonna find out.
我不知道他们有没有股份,我也不会去查
You don't care if Robert Zane is manipulating a case
你不在乎罗伯特·赞恩为了一家对冲基金受益
to service a hedge fund?
而操纵一个案子吗
It doesn't matter if I care.
我在不在乎无所谓
I can't violate attorneyclient privilege.
我不能违反律师委托人保密协议
You said you owe me.
你说你欠我一个人情
And you said I owe Rachel.
而你说我其实是欠瑞秋的
Katrina, please.
卡特里娜,拜托
You said that Robert is doing right by his clients.
你说罗伯特一定会为委托人的利益着想
Well, I just need to know which clients he's doing right by.
我需要知道他在为哪个委托人的利益着想
Do you have a minute?
你有时间吗
The last time I asked you that, you told me the answer was no.
我上次这样问你的时候,你告诉我说没时间
And I still gave you the minute.
然后我还是花时间听你说话了
Well, I happen to be in the middle
我正好在忙着
of trying to get Louis's sister out of a huge mess, so
收拾路易妹妹的烂摊子,所以
That's what I wanted to talk to you about.
我就是想和你谈这个
Louis promised to stay out of this.
路易答应不会插手的
And he is, and I'm not here because he asked me to be.
没他的事,我不是他派来的
I'm here because I care about him and
我来是因为我在乎他
That's not my problem.
这跟我没关系
Harvey, I'm not the enemy here.
哈维,我不是你的敌人
And Louis is your partner and your friend,
而路易是你的合作伙伴和朋友
And right now, he needs a little reassurance.
现在,他需要一颗定心丸
And I told you before, I'm not the guy
我告诉过你了,我不是
That gives you a hug when you're scared.
那个会在你害怕时给你一个拥抱的人
I'm the guy that wins when you need it the most.
我是在你最需要的时候能帮助你取胜的人
Why can't you for once
你为什么就不能
You know what, donna, when I came to you for help,
你知道吗,唐娜,我向你求助的时候
You said that I don't get to do that anymore.
你说我没有资格再那么做了
Well, you don't get to do this anymore.
你现在也没有资格这么做了
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do.
现在,请原谅,我还有事要做
You know what, harvey?
你知道吗,哈维
Louis was afraid to let you take this case,
路易本来不敢让你接手这个案子
And I told him not to be because I trusted
我让他别担心,因为我相信
that at the end of the day,
最终
You'd remember that we're family.
你会记得我们是一家人
But maybe I was wrong.
但也许我错了
Because I spent 12 years putting you first,
因为十二年来,我都把你放在第一位
and the day I finally decided to do something for myself,
我终于决定为自己做些事情的时候
You didn't just stop treating me like family,
你不止不再把我当家人
You started treating me like a stranger.
你开始把我当陌生人
And for your information, that is a thousand times worse
而这比把我当做敌人
Than if you treated me like your enemy.
还要伤人得多
Louis, did you need something?
路易,你有什么事吗
I need you to know how proud I am of you,
我想让你知道我为你骄傲
'cause seeing you working like this
看到你这样努力工作
Just reminds me how you persevered with the LSATs,
使我想起了你如何为法学院入学考试奋战
and how you got into law school, and now
如何进入了法学院,而现在
Louis, I'm not telling you about Esther's case.
路易,我是不会向你透露埃斯特案子的情况的
Well, then what the hell good are you?
那要你还有什么用
Louis, you promised Harvey you would stay out of it.
路易,你答应过哈维,不会插手的
I just need to know what happened.
我只是想知道发生了什么
What happened with what?
什么发生了什么
What happened with them.
他们之间怎么了
I mean, it's no secret that I hated Jeffrey,
我恨杰弗里不是秘密
But Esther, she loved him,
但埃斯特,她爱他
And for them to just
他们就这样
I need to know why.
我得知道为什么
He cheated on her.
他有外遇了
Well, then you promise me that the two of you...
那你答应我,你们两个
stick it to that sack of shit.
不要放过那个混蛋
What do you think I'm working on?
你觉得我在做什么呢
We're all squared away on the paperwork?
文书什么的都搞定了吗
No, we're not squared away on shit
在你告诉我你是否知情之前
until you tell me whether or not you knew.
我们屁都没搞定
You want to run that by me again?
你敢再说一遍吗
Delta Financial, your client.
达美金融,你的客户
Did you know they were heavily invested in Kelton?
你知道他们巨资投入了凯尔顿保险公司吗
Are you accusing me of something, Mike?
你在指控我做了什么吗
Because you better watch what you say.
你最好注意你的言辞
You still haven't answered my question.
你还没回答我的问题
Did you know a subsidiary of the hedge fund
你知道资助我们的对冲基金的子公司
backing our suit just purchased a huge block of Kelton shares?
刚刚购入了大量凯尔顿保险公司的股份吗
I am their lawyer, not a stock analyst.
我是他们的律师,不是证券分析师
Then maybe you can explain to me
那你或许可以解释一下
why you have one of their brochures on your desk?
为什么你桌上有一本他们的宣传册
Okay, listen to me, Mr. Photographic memory.
听着,过目不忘小子
Underneath this brochure are another 35
在这本宣传册下面是另外
that have been piling up there for a year and a half
35本堆了一年半的册子
Because I'm looking to invest my money
因为我打算进行投资
that someday may be going to your children.
而这笔钱有一天会属于你们的孩子
Wait, you think we want money that comes from some stock
你以为我们想要你通过将和解金额压到
that went through the roof because you authorized
低于正常预期而使股票暴涨
a settlement lower than street expectations?
得到的钱吗
Okay, you've said your piece. Now I'm gonna say mine.
好的,你说完了,现在该我说了
I have been a lawyer and an officer of the court
你出生前我就开始
longer than you've breathed air,
做律师和法院人员了
and I'm looking you straight in the eye
我现在看着你的眼睛
and telling you that I am an honest man.
告诉你我是个正直的人
You know as an honest man
作为一个正直的人
that now that we've discovered this,
你应该知道现在我们发现了这个
we have to disclose it as conflict of interest.
由于利益冲突我们必须披露它
Then bury it, deep in the fine print,
用晦涩难懂的复杂表述把它藏起来
because it had nothing to do with my recommendation,
这与我的建议无关
and I'm not gonna let it blow this goddamn deal.
我不会让它毁了这个交易
Since when did this become a deposition?
这什么时候成了一次取证会
It didn't, but since you seemed so anxious to ask Esther
原本不是,但你似乎急着逼问埃斯特
about what she said in the past,
她以前说过的话
I thought I'd just save us all the trouble
我想我可以给大家省省力气
and get it on the record myself.
亲自把取证给做了
What? I never agreed
什么,我从没同意过...
You promised Jeffrey 50% of your company, didn't you?
你承诺过要给杰弗里公司的一半,是吗
Yes, I did.
没错
Then it's settled.
这不就结了
Well, not quite.
还没呢
Now that our client has admitted
既然我们的委托人
that she made the agreement,
承认了那个协议
we'd like to discuss the circumstances
我们想谈谈她许下承诺时
under which she did.
她所处的情况
What do you mean the circumstances?
你说情况是什么意思
She promised me 50%, period.
她答应给我50% ,就是这样
No, she promised you 50% because you forfeited
不,她答应给你50%是因为你放弃了
your admission to medical school.
读医学院的机会
That's right, and instead of going to Stanford,
没错,我放弃了去斯坦福
I stayed home and took care of our family.
留在家里照顾家庭
Then why is there no record of you
那么为什么没有任何
ever being admitted to Stanford?
斯坦福录取你的记录呢
Or any school, for that matter?
或者其他学校录取你的记录呢
Just a pile of rejection letters.
只有一叠拒信
You lied to me?
你骗我
This is ridiculous.
荒唐
Lots of people don't get into medical school
很多人都不是第一次
on the first try.
就能申请到上医学院的
You were gonna take half of my company on the first try.
你第一次就想把我半个公司抢走
30%
30%.
He's not getting another penny
他休想从我亲手建立的公司
of the business I built myself.
再拿走一毛钱
You want to talk about doing things yourself?
你想说你拥有的这一切都是靠你自己
Who do you think stayed home and kept our family together
那是谁在你忙得连烤麦芬蛋糕
while you were too busy baking muffins
给孩子们当晚餐都没空时
to make dinner for your kids?
留在家里稳固家庭
Don't you dare attack me as a mother!
你别拿母亲职责来说我
You cheated on me!
是你对我不忠
Esther, I'm sorry.
埃斯特,对不起
I made a mistake.
我的确做了错事
But I did give up everything for you.
但我确实为你放弃了一切
I put my life on hold.
我暂停了自己的人生追求
I sacrificed my dream for yours.
为了成全你的梦想放弃了自己的
I'm never gonna get those years back.
我不可能再追回逝去的岁月了
No, Jeffrey.
不,杰弗里
We had everything,
我们曾经拥有一切
and you ruined it.
是你把这一切都毁了
All right, that's enough.
行了,可以了
You have our final offer.
这是我们最终报价
This better not be about Robert Zane again.
这次最好别再是罗伯特·赞恩的事
Just give me one minute. God damn it.
给我一分钟就好,见鬼
One of his clients purchased shares of Kelton,
他有一个客户买了凯尔顿的股份
and if they acted on privileged information
如果他们按保密信息处理...
I know the law.
我懂法律
Well, then you know it's unethical at best
那你知道这么做轻则违反职业道德
and illegal at worst.
重则违反法律
What do you want from me?
你要我怎么做
I want to know if you think he knew.
我知道你觉得他是否事前知晓
What the hell difference does that make?
这有什么分别
It's the difference between a legitimate settlement
决定了这是合法结案
and stock manipulation.
还是股票操纵
You mean it would make him a fraud?
你是说这会让他变成诈骗犯
This isn't the same thing, and you know it.
这是两码事,你知道
I'm not trying to screw over my clients.
我不想让玩弄我的委托人
Why would you even bring that up right now?
那你为什么现在提起这事
Because you begged me for this case
因为你当初求我接这个案子
and a chance to work with that man.
还要和那个人合作
And if he colluded with them,
如果他和保险公司勾结
we can stick a better settlement down their throats.
我们可以逼他们给更高的赔偿
Do you really think Robert Zane is dirty enough to do that?
你真觉得罗伯特·赞恩会卑鄙到做那种事
I don't know, but I find it hard to believe
我不知道,但我很难相信
that he's dumb enough not to know.
他会愚钝到忽略此事
My dad's not dumb.
我爸爸才不蠢
And he's not dirty. Rachel...
也不卑鄙,瑞秋
And the last time someone called him shady,
上次路易说他阴险
it was louis, and you almost punched him over it.
你还几乎要举拳打他
This is different.
这是两码事
This is the same.
就是一码事
You were gonna punch him because an attack on me
你要打他是因为侮辱我
is an attack on you.
就是侮辱你
Well, attack on my father is an attack on me,
现在我说侮辱我父亲就是侮辱我
and you're the one who's doing it.
而做这件事的人正是你
Nobody's attacking anybody.
我没有侮辱谁
Mike, you once came to me
迈克,你曾经
asking me to give you the benefit of the doubt,
要求我不要轻易对你下定论
and I gave it to you.
我给了你
So the least you can do is give it to him.
所以你至少也该为他做到这点
I was hoping you had good news,
我本来期待你能给我好消息呢
but you're not pouring that drink because we have a deal.
但你在这儿自斟自饮好像不是因为成交了
We don't, but we can.
是还没成交,但也可以成交了
What are you saying?
你什么意思
I'm saying they offered 30%,
我的意思是他们要求30%
and I talked them down to 25%.
我谈到了25%
And why should I take it?
我凭什么接受25%
Because he's not the one dragging this fight out anymore.
因为纠缠不放已经不再是他了
You are.
是你
And whether or not you believe
而且不管你相不相信
he gave up everything for you, he does.
他为你放弃了一切,这都是事实
Tell me I don't have the right to be angry.
你觉得我就不该生气吗
Do you know why I never even considered
你知道我为什么根本不考虑
becoming a divorce attorney?
做离婚律师吗
Because it's beneath you.
大材小用吗
Because there are children involved.
因为牵涉到孩子
When people get caught up in divorce...
当人们被离婚蒙住双眼
they forget there are some things in life
就会忘记生活中其实还有
that are more important than money.
比金钱重要的东西
Okay, Harvey.
好吧,哈维
25%
25%.
You know, you're not exactly
我得说,你和我想象的
the Harvey Specter I was expecting.
哈维·斯佩克特不太一样呢
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
这是好事还是坏事
A good thing.
好事
You're not exactly the louis's sister I was expecting.
你和我对路易妹妹的想象也相去甚远
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
这又是好事还是坏事
A good thing. Definitely a good thing.
好事,绝对是好事
Would you like to take me home tonight?
今晚你还愿意带我回家吗
I would.
愿意
But I need you to sign that first.
但你得先把这个签了
Why is that?
为什么
Because then you won't be my client anymore.
因为签了之后你就不是我的委托人了
A man with a code.
很有原则嘛
Maybe you are a white knight after all.
到头来你果然还是个光明骑士
Come on, let's get out of here.
行了,我们走吧
Louis, it's midnight. What's
路易,大半夜的,你到底
Harvey's screwing Esther.
哈维坑了埃斯特
What? Look at this.
什么,你看
It's an agreement that Esther signed
这是埃斯特签的协议
that agrees to give Jeffrey 25%.
同意给杰弗里25%
That's 5% more than she needs to pay that son of a bitch.
这比她答应给那混蛋的多了5%
Where did you get this?
你在哪看到的
Well, I was walking down the hall.
我走在走廊里
I saw two glasses, a bottle of scotch, and that.
看到两个杯子一瓶威士忌,还有这个
He got her drunk, so he could screw me over.
他灌醉了她,以此报复我
Okay, there is no way Harvey would ever do that.
哈维绝不会干这种事的
You woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me that?
你大半夜吵醒我就为了说这个啊
Donna, 5% extra is $3 million.
唐娜,多给5%就是三百万
How do you explain that?
你怎么解释
I can't. I can.
解释不了,我来解释
He's trying to get me back about his compensation
他是要借坑我家人来报复我
by trying to screw over another litt.
关于他酬金的事
So what I need you to do
所以我需要你
Louis, the only thing that I need to do
路易,我需要做的唯一一件事
is tell you you're crazy and go back to sleep.
就是告诉你你疯了,然后回屋睡觉
And if you do anything between now and tomorrow
如果到明早之前,除当面质问哈维之外
other than confront Harvey facetoface, so help me God,
你做了任何事,我发誓
you will not have a secretary in the morning.
你明天一早就需要个新秘书了
I'm letting it go.
我打算放下这件事了
Does that have something to do
这和你
with where you've been so early in the morning?
一大早去的地方有关吗
Yeah.
You went to see my dad?
你去见我爸爸了
I went to see Emma Powell,
我去见艾玛·鲍尔了
asked her how she felt about the settlement.
问她对协议的看法
She said it would change her life.
她说这会改变她的生活
You said it wasn't enough money.
你就跟她说钱给少了
She didn't even mention the money.
她都没提钱的事
She said, for her, the settlement was proof
她说对她来说,这个结果证明了
that Kelton didn't do right by her husband,
凯尔顿在她丈夫的事情上有过错
and that was all she needed.
而那是她唯一需要的
Okay.
好吧
So because the plaintiff was happy,
所以就因为原告满意了
all of a sudden, you think my dad's an honest man.
突然之间,你就觉得我爸爸是个诚实的人了
No.
不是
I went there to see if I could let it go.
我去看是不是能让这事过去
I know your dad is an honest man
我知道你爸爸是个诚实的人
because he's raised someone like you.
因为他养成了你这样的女儿
You were right.
你说得对
I never should have questioned his integrity.
我从不该质疑他的正直
I was also right
我还有一点也是对的
that you never should've taken this case.
你就不该接这个案子
No, you were wrong about that.
不,那件事你错了
I told you we might fight,
我跟你说过,我们可能会吵架
but it would bring us closer together,
但那会让我们更亲密
and it did.
那也确实实现了
And not just me and your father.
不仅是我跟你爸爸
What does that mean?
你指什么
I mean you and your father.
还有你跟你爸爸
I have never seen you leap to his defense like that.
我从没见过你那样毫不犹豫地维护他
I did leap to his defense, didn't I?
我毫不犹豫地维护他,有吗
You sure did.
当然有
You think our daughter will leap to my defense
你觉得我们的女儿会毫不犹豫地维护我吗
like that one day?
某天,像你一样
She sure will.
她会的
Louis, what are you doing here?
路易,你在这里做什么
I'll tell you what I'm doing here.
我来告诉你我在做什么
I'm coming to you facetoface about screwing my sister.
我来当面跟你谈你坑了我妹妹的事
Excuse me?
你说什么
I saw the terms, Harvey. They're a joke.
我看了条款,哈维,简直开玩笑
No, they're what Esther wanted.
不,那些是埃斯特想要的
And you swore you'd stay out of this.
而你发过誓,不管这事
Well, it's a good thing I didn't
我没管真是好事
because there's no way she wanted to give away
因为她不可能想要送掉
millions of dollars.
几百万美元
It's called being charitable in order to move on.
那叫退一步海阔天空
It's called Jeffrey's a piece of shit,
那叫杰弗里是堆垃圾
not the March of Dimes.
他又不是优生优育基金会
He should be getting nothing.
他什么都不该得
Instead of being focused on what he gets,
与其关注他得到了什么
you should be focused on what Esther gets,
你不如看看埃斯特得到了什么
which is to be happy.
她很开心
Wrong, Litts are never happy,
错了,利特家的人从不会开心
and you're using her to get to me.
而你在利用她伤害我
How the hell am I doing that?
我要怎么才能用这办法伤到你呢
You think I went after your money
你觉得我利用
by changing the firm's compensation structure.
调整律所薪资结构来抢你的钱
You did come after my money!
你是抢了我的钱
And now you're going after Esther's to even the score.
现在你在抢埃斯特的钱来扳回一局
If I wanted to even the score,
我要想扳回一局
I wouldn't come after your sister.
是不会去找你妹妹的
I'd be coming after you.
我会找你
And for your information,
你听好了
I convinced her to be forgiving by telling her
我之所以能说服她选择原谅
that there are some things in life
是因为我告诉她
that are more important than money.
世上有很多事比钱重要
Bullshit! You don't believe that.
胡说,这话你自己都不相信
Louis, I didn't take this to get back at you.
路易,我没想做这事报复你
I took it because it was a chance to bury the hatchet
我做这事是因为这是我们停战
and move on.
然后往前走的机会
So either let these terms stand,
所以你要么让那些条款生效
or do what you always do and screw everything up.
要么就像你平时一样,搞砸一切
Robert, I'm glad you're here
罗伯特,我很高兴你来了
What the hell did you do?
你做了什么
What are you talking about?
你指的是什么
I went to see Emma Powell,
我去见了艾玛·鲍尔
But I swear to god, I did not undermine the settlement.
但我发誓,我没有破坏和解
I'm not talking about that.
我不是说那个
I'm talking about you going behind my back to Arcadian.
我在说你背着我去找阿卡迪亚基金
I didn't do that.
我没去
Oh, you expect me to believe that
在你上次跟我说了那些之后
after all the shit you told me the last time I saw you?
你还指望我相信你吗
You can believe it or not,
你信不信无所谓
but I'm telling you I didn't do anything.
但我要告诉你,我什么都没做
Then who did? I did.
那是谁做的,是我
You said if he colluded with Arcadian,
你说如果他跟阿卡迪亚基金有串通
then we could shove a bigger settlement down their throats.
我们就可以逼他们出一大笔和解金
But he didn't have to collude,
但他没必要勾结
because Arcadian already had access to that settlement.
因为阿卡迪亚基金已经拿到那份和解协议了
which makes it insider trading anyway.
这样无论如何都属于内幕交易
And I pointed out to them
我还向他们指出
that if they were to divest their shares
如果他们只把他们的股份
to our clients who don't have insider knowledge,
抛售给那些不掌握内幕消息的客户
then they've done nothing wrong.
那他们就没有违法
No harm done.
没有造成损失
The harm is you lost me my client
损失就是你害我失去了我客户
and made me look like a fool.
还让我当了傻子
No, Robert, they did that
不,罗伯特,是他们拿你当了傻子
by not telling you what they did.
他们向你隐瞒了他们的作为
Which means the client you lost
意味着你失去的这个客户
was breaking the law.
早已违法了
And worse than that,
更糟糕的是
they were lying to their lawyer.
他们跟自己的律师撒谎
So you think this is funny?
所以你觉得这很好玩吗
No, I don't.
没有,我没觉得
I think your future soninlaw
我觉得你未来的女婿
trusted you had nothing to do with it
相信你与此没有任何关系
and then saved your ass from committing a crime.
并且帮你避免了犯罪
You're...welcome?
不...客气
Thank you.
谢谢
And you have my condolences.
节哀吧
For what? For having to deal with him.
节什么哀,因为要跟他打交道
Oh, you have no idea.
那真是太麻烦了
Hey, right here. I'm standing right here, guys.
看这里,我还在这里呢,伙计们
Can I buy you a drink?
我请你喝杯酒怎么样
If you guys, you know, need anything fixed or saved
如果你们需要修补,挽救什么
that no one else seems to be able to do, I'll be right here.
别人不会的东西,随时找我
What are you doing here?
你来这里干什么
I wanted to tell you how grateful I am.
我想告诉你我有多么感激你
You don't need to do that. Yes.
你没必要这样,不
I do.
真的
This whole mess
这个乱摊子
has been the hardest thing I've ever gone through.
是我经历过最艰难的事情
And I wouldn't have gotten through it
如果没有你提醒我
Without you reminding me what's really important.
真正重要的是什么,我不可能挺过来的
Thank you for that.
谢谢你这么说
Take care, Harvey.
保重,哈维
Good luck, Esther.
祝你好运,埃斯特
Oh, by the way,
顺便说一句
Louis wanted me to tell you
路易也想让我告诉你
how grateful he is too.
他非常感谢
Harvey. Louis.
哈维,路易
What can I do for you?
要我帮你做什么
Remember when I said, if wanted you
记得我说过,如果我要你
to make up for the compensation vote,
弥补薪金投票的事情
I would come to you directly?
我会直接来找你吗
Well, now I am.
现在我就来了
Well, what happened to
那你说的
"some things in life are more important than money"?
"生活中有些事情比钱更重要"又是怎么回事
This isn't about the money.
这跟钱没关系
This is about making things right.
只是为了做正确的事情
I'm sorry, Harvey.
我很抱歉,哈维
For what?
为什么
I act like I don't know Esther's beautiful,
我表现得像不知道埃斯特有多漂亮一样
But I do.
但我知道
It started when we were in junior high
我们上初中的时候就开始了
and all the cool kids would hang out with me
所有型男都想跟我一起玩
just so they could get close to her.
这样他们就有机会接近她
Sometimes it worked, and sometimes it didn't,
有时候这招管用,有时候没用
But either way, when it was over...
但不论如何,这阶段一结束
they all acted like they didn't know me at all.
他们都跟从不认识我一样
So when I thought
所以当我想到
you were using her to get to me, I, uh
你在利用她来对付我,我就...
I wasn't doing that, Louis.
我没那样,路易
I know.
我知道
I'll take care of the compensation issue.
我会处理好薪金的问题
What can I do for you, Harvey?
需要我帮你做什么,哈维
I wanted to thank you.
我想谢谢你
For what?
因为什么
For 12 years.
你的十二年

重点单词   查看全部解释    
delta ['deltə]

想一想再看

n. (河流的)三角洲

 
skip [skip]

想一想再看

v. 跳过,略过,遗漏
n. 跳跃,跳读

 
infidelity [.infi'deliti]

想一想再看

n. 不信神,无信仰,背信

联想记忆
handle ['hændl]

想一想再看

n. 柄,把手
v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭

联想记忆
score [skɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱
vt. 记分,刻

联想记忆
bolt [bəult]

想一想再看

n. 螺栓,插销,门闩
v. 闩住,插销,(突

 
tone [təun]

想一想再看

n. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调
vt. 使

 
grateful ['greitfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 感激的,感谢的

联想记忆
counter ['kauntə]

想一想再看

n. 计算器,计算者,柜台
[计算机] 计数器

 
impressive [im'presiv]

想一想再看

adj. 给人深刻印象的

联想记忆


关键字: 美剧 诉讼双雄

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。