手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第九季 > 正文

老友记 第9季:第20集 明星派对(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Joey: Hey, you guys, what're you doing tomorrow night?

嘿,你们明天晚上有事吗?
Chandler:Oh, well, let me see ... I-I believe I'm ... yes, falling asleep in front of the TV.
嗯,让我看看,我想我……是的,会在电视机前面睡着。
Joey: Look, my agent hooked me up with six tickets to a great play.
听着,我经纪人给我六张票,去看一出很棒的舞台剧。
Chandler: I could fall asleep at a play.
我也可以在那出舞台剧演出时睡觉。
Phoebe: What is it?
是什么样的舞台剧?
Joey: It's a one-woman play called "Why don't you like me: a bitter woman's journey through life".
是一个女人的独场戏叫做《你为什么不喜欢我?一个悲惨女人的生命历程》。
Monica: It sounds interesting!
听起来挺有趣的!
Ross: Yeah, it does sound interesting, I mean, to listen to a woman complain for two hours, I don't think it gets bett ...
是,听起来挺有趣的,听一个女人抱怨两个小时,我不认为那会更……
Phoebe: I know, I know, we can drive, we can vote, we can work, what more do these broads want?
我知道,我们可以开车,可以投票,可以工作那些女人还想要什么呢?
Joey: Well, you guys are gonna have a great time, I promise!
你们会喜欢的,我保证!
Ross: What? How-how come you don't have to go!
什么?为什么你不去呢?
Joey: Oh, I wish I could but I just found out that I have to be at work really early the next day, so, I can't go, but, you know, take the extra ticket and invite whoever you want.
噢,我希望我可以,但是我发现……我隔天要很早就起来工作,所以我不能去,但是你们可以用剩下的那张票,邀请任何人去都可以。
Chandler: Woo, let's see, who do I hate?
唔,让我瞧瞧我最恨谁呢?
Rachel: Oh, sorry ...
唔,不好意思……
Rachel: Oops, sorry.
噢,不好意思。
Joey: Hey, here you go.
嘿,这儿走。
Rachel: Ooh ... oooh ... oh, ah ...
哦哦哦,啊……
Rachel: Can I ask you a question?
我可以问你一个问题吗?
Monica: Yeah.
好啊。
Rachel: Do you think it's possible, uh, for two friends to-to fool around and-and not have it be a big deal?
你觉得有没有可能两个朋友……打情骂俏后不会有事情发生?
Monica: No, I don't think it ever works. Why?
不可能,为什么?
Rachel: No reason.
没事。
Monica: No, no, Rachel?
等一等,瑞秋?
Rachel: Yeah!
耶!
Monica: Who do you wanna fool around with?
你想要跟谁打情骂俏呢?
Rachel: Nobody, forget it!
没有人,别想太多!
Rachel: Maybe.
或许吧。
Monica: You can't!
不行!
Rachel: Why?
为什么?
Rachel: Ok, seriously I did not understand a word you just said.
说真的,你说什么我一点都不了解。
Monica: In the hall.
到外面去。
Rachel: Ok.
好。
Monica: You wanna fool around with Joey?
你想要跟乔伊打情骂俏?
Rachel: Yeah! You know what, ever since I had that dream about him, I can't get it out of my head!
是啊!自从我做过那个梦之后,我就一直忘不了!
Rachel: And I mean what's the big deal, people do it all the time!
我是说那又会怎样?很多人都是那样做的!
Monica: Who? Who do you know that are friends that just fool around?
谁?你认识谁只在打情骂俏的?
Rachel: Ok, off the top of my head ... Don and Janet.
好的,随便想想……唐跟珍娜。
Monica: Uhm, who are they?
额,他们是谁?
Rachel: I uh, I know them from work.
工作上认识的人。
Monica: Both of them?
两个都是吗?
Rachel: No, one of them.
不,只有其中一个。
Monica: Which one?
哪一个?
Rachel: I don't know, what were the names I just said?
我不知道,我刚才说了哪些名字呢?
Monica: Rachel, things can get incredibly complicated.
瑞秋,事情会变得很复杂的。
Rachel: All right, all right, all right, you're right, I won't do anything with Joey, I just thought that we Ok so that would be two cups of tarragon, one pound of baking soda and one red onion?
好吧,你说的对,我不会对乔伊怎样的,我只是以为……好的,那就两杯的龙蒿、一磅的苏打粉还有红洋葱?
Monica: What the hell are you cooking? !
你是想要煮什么呢?
Ross: Hey!
嘿!
Joey and Monica and Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Ross: Hey, you guys won't believe what I have to do for work today.
嘿,你们不会相信我今天要做什么样的工作。
Chandler: Yes, but, Ross you chose a career of talking about dinosaurs.
但是罗斯,是你自己选择要谈论恐龙的工作的。
Ross: There're these two professors who are joining my department and I have to meet them here and show them around campus.
有两个教授要加入我的部门,而我要在这里跟他们碰面,然后带他们到校园看看。
Monica: What's so bad about that?
那怎么会糟糕呢?
Ross: Well I just know they're gonna be a couple of old windbags wearing tweed jackets with suede elbow patches.
我只知道他们会是那种老空谈者,穿着在手肘的地方缝上仿麂皮的花呢外套。
Monica: Ross?
罗斯?
Ross: These aren't suede.
这些不是仿麂皮。
Charlie: Excuse me, um, I'm looking for someone. You don't, by any chance, know a Ross Geller?
不好意思,我在找人。你认不认识 一个叫做罗斯·盖勒的?
Gunther: No.
不认识。
Ross: Hey, hi, hi, I'm, I'm Ross Geller.
嗨,嗨,我是罗斯·盖勒。
Charlie: Oh, hi. I'm professor Wealer.
嗨,我是魏勒教授。
Ross: Oh, oh, that's, that's, that's nice.
喔,这……这太好了。
Charlie: It's a ... It's good to meet you!
很高兴见到你!
Charlie: Thank you so much for taking the time out to show me around.
谢谢你愿意花时间帮我介绍环境。
Ross: Oh, no, it's no big deal, I mean, if I weren't doing this I'd just, you know, be at the gym working out.
不,这一点也不麻烦的。如果我没有这样做,反正我也只是在健身房健身而已。
Monica: Is he gonna introduce us?
他会介绍我们吗?
Chandler: Nah, I think we're just blurry shapes to him now.
我想他现在根本就看不到我们。
Charlie: Um, by the way, I-I really enjoyed your paper on the connection between geographic isolation and rapid mutagenesis.
对了,我真的很喜欢你写的……地域隔绝与快速突变之间关系的论文。
Ross: Oh, I wrote that in one night.
喔,我一个晚上就写完了。
Monica: Twenty bucks says they're married within the month.
我赌二十块钱他们一个月内就会结婚。
Ross: We should probably get going, uh, you know, we got a lot of ground to cover.
那么我们最好走吧,我们有很多地方要去。
Charlie: Oh, ah, isn't there another professor that is supposed to come with us?
不是有另外一位教授要加入我们吗?
Ross: I don't think so.
我想应该没有。
Charlie: I'm-I'm pretty sure, professor Spafford from Cornell?
我非常确定,是从康乃尔来的史伯夫教授。
Ross: Oh, well he's obviously late and the rule in my class is "if you can't come on time, then don't come at all".
他可能是迟到了,而我上课的规矩就是:如果你不能准时到,那就干脆不要到。
Ross: An option that many of my students use.
我很多学生最后都选择后者。
Ross: Shall we?
我们要走了吗?
Charlie: You don't think we should wait for him?
我们不用等他吗?你知道吗?
Ross: Oh, you know what, he's a big boy, I'm sure he'll find us, ok?
他是个大男孩了,我确定他可以找到我们的,好吗?
Professor Spafford: Professor Geller?
盖勒教授吗?
Ross: Oh, damn it!
喔,妈的!
Jane: Hi Joey it's Jane Rogers, can't wait for your party tonight.
嗨,乔伊,我是珍·罗杰,等不及要参加你今晚的派对了。
Jane: Listen, I forgot your address, can you give me a call? Thanks, bye.
我忘记你的地址了,可以回电给我吗?谢谢,再见。
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Rachel: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: What's happening?
怎么了?
Rachel: Yeah, it's a real shame you can't make it to that one-woman show tonight.
真可惜你没有办法参加今晚的女人独角戏。
Joey: Oh, I'd love to, but I gotta get up so early the next day, you know? You know me, work comes first.
啊呜,我也想去,但是我隔天要好早起来。你知道我的,工作最重要。
Rachel: Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah.
是啊,是啊。
Message: Hi Joey, it's Jane Rogers, can't wait for your party tonight.
嗨,乔伊,我是珍·罗杰,等不及参加你今晚的派对了。
Joey: Stupid Jane Rogers!
珍·罗杰,你还真蠢!
Rachel: You are having a party tonight? !
你今晚要开派对?
Joey: No!
没有!
Rachel: Joey!
乔伊!
Joey: Yeah ... Kinda having a ... a thing for the Days Of Our Life's people.
是的……我帮《我们的日子》的人员办了一个聚会。
Rachel: And you weren't gonna tell us? How did you think you were gonna get away with that?
而你却不告诉我们?你认为你可以逃得掉吗?
Joey: I do it every year.
我每年都这样做啊。
Rachel: You do that every year?
你每年都这样做!
Joey: I didn't have to tell you that! God, I'm stupider than Jan Rogers!
我不需要告诉你的!天啊,我比珍·罗杰还愚蠢!
Rachel: Oh, that's why you got us tickets to that play, to get rid of us? !
喔,所以你就给我们去看舞台剧的票甩掉我们!
Joey: Yeah ...
是啊……
Rachel: And last year is that why you sent us to that medieval times restaurant?
去年你就送我们去那间中古世纪餐厅?
Joey: Yeah ...
是啊……
Rachel: And the year before that, when you set up that nighttime tour of that button factory?
而前年你帮我们安排纽扣工厂之旅?
Joey: I can't believe you guys went for that one!
我不敢相信那个你们也会去!
Rachel: Joey, why wouldn't you invite us to your parties?
你为什么不邀请我们参加你的派对呢?
Joey: All right, you're fine, ok? But everyone else acts like an idiot around famous people!
你还好,但是其他人在名人面前都表现的像傻瓜一样!
Rachel: Well, then so just invite me ...
那么,就只邀请我就好了啊……
Joey: Please, I was trying to be nice, you're the worst one!
拜托,我只是在说好听的话,你是最糟糕的!
Rachel: Oh, Joey, come on! Please, please! Let me come, I will behave, I promise!
乔伊,别这样!拜托啦!让我参加,我会克制自己,我保证。
Rachel: I will behave! Please, please, please ...
我会克制自己!拜托……
Joey: Ok, ok! Ok! Fine! You can come, but don't tell anybody else. It's up on the roof at 8.
好啦,你可以参加。但是不要告诉其他人,八点钟在屋顶上面。
Rachel: Oh, a soap opera roof party!
喔,肥皂剧屋顶派对!
Rachel: I'm going to a soap opera roof party! Oh my God, oh my God!
我要参加肥皂剧屋顶派对!喔,我的天啊!
Rachel: And it's out of my system!
好了,发泄完了!
Professor Spafford: And then my wife and I went on a cruise to the Galapagos.
然后我老婆跟我搭游轮到加拉巴哥。
Professor Spafford: There was a sea food buffet you wouldn't believe.
你们不会相信他们的海鲜自助餐厅有多棒。
Professor Spafford: There were clams, and mussels, and oysters, and cracked crab, and snow crab, and king crab. It's a pity I'm allergic to shellfish.
有蛤蜊、河蚌还有生蠔,还有螃蟹……还有花蟹……还有帝王蟹。真可惜我对壳类海鲜对敏。
Ross: So, where did you get your undergraduate degree?
你大学是在哪念的呢?
Professor Spafford: And that's not all I'm allergic to.
而且我不只对那些过敏。
Ross: Oh, it's not over!
喔,还没有结束啊!
Professor Spafford: I'm also allergic to peanuts, and cashews, and almonds, and filberts ...
我还有对花生跟腰果过敏,还有杏仁果跟榛果……
Ross: So, basically all nuts?
所以基本上是所有的坚果类!
Professor Spafford: Interestingly ... no.
有趣的是,并不尽然。
Charlie: Kinda playing fast and loose with the word "interesting".
你在说“有趣的是”时说的挺慢的,让人以为就是如此。
Professor Spafford: If you'll excuse me I'm going to use the restroom.
不好意思失陪一下,我要去洗手间。
Professor Spafford: When I come back, remind me to tell you about the different types of animal dander I'm allergic to.
当我回来的时候,提醒我告诉你们……我对哪些动物过敏。
Charlie: Oh ... my God!
喔,我的天啊!
Ross: I've lost the will to live.
我已经丧失活下去的意志力了。
Charlie: Let's ditch him!
我们甩了他!
Ross: What?
什么?
Charlie: Come on, he's still in the bathroom! I'm begging you!
在他还在洗手间的时候,我求求你!
Ross: Oh ... ok, ok, fine. But ... ehm ... I just have one question for you, ehm ...
好的,但是我有个问题要先问你……
Ross: When we exit should we walk, or run, or prance, or stroll ...
我们出去的时候,应该是用走的、跑的……跳的还是散步出去?
Charlie: Stop it, stop it! He talks slow but he might pee fast! Ok, let's go!
别说了!他的话说得慢,搞不好尿得快,我们快走!
Ross: We actually managed to salvage the day.
幸好今天过的还不错。
Charlie: Yeah, we did.
是的,没错。
Charlie: And thanks for spending so much time with me.
谢谢你花这么多时间陪我。
Charlie: I'm so lucky it worked out you don't have class on Tuesday.
我很幸运,你星期二没有课。
Ross: Right.
没错。
Ross: Oh, hey, you guys! This is Charlie!
喔,嘿,你们好,这位是查莉!
Ross: Charlie, this is Phoebe and my sister, Monica.
查莉,这是菲比,还有我妹妹莫妮卡。
Phoebe: Hi!
嗨!
Ross: Yeah, Charlie is gonna be joining my department.
查莉将要加入我们系。
Phoebe: Oh, you're a paleontologist too!
你也是古生物学家!
Phoebe: Oh, ok, now, what do you think of Ranion's new theory of species' variegation in segmented arthopods?
那好,你对于……雷诺的分割类人猿物种多样性的新理论有何评价?
Charlie: Well, I think he's a little out there, but he does have some interesting ideas.
我觉得他有点太前卫了,但是他是有些有趣的观点。
Phoebe: Ah-hah.
啊哈。
Charlie: Oh, I'm sorry. I had to take this. Excuse me.
很抱歉,我要接一下电话。不好意思。
Ross: Ranion's theory of species variegation?
雷诺的物种多样性?
Phoebe: Yeah, I saw the article on your coffee table and I memorized the title to freak you out!
是的,我在你的咖啡桌上看到一篇文章,我背下了标题想要来吓你!
Monica: So, did you two have fun?
你们俩相处的愉快吗?
Ross: Oh! Oh my God, she's-she's great!
天啊,她真的是太棒了!
Ross: I mean, we-we have so much in common and she's just cool, you know, and funny ...
我们有许多共同点,她真是太酷了,你知道吗?还很风趣……
Monica: And I don't know if you've noticed but she's a hottle! ! Hi!
而且我不知道你有没有注意到 但是她真辣!嗨!
Rachel: Hey ... Hi you guys! Listen, you know what? I'm not feeling really well.
嘿……嗨,大家!听着,我觉得不太舒服。
Rachel: I think I'm not gonna get to go to the play.
我想我可能不能去看舞台剧表演了。
Ross: Really? What's-what's wrong?
真的吗?怎么了?
Rachel: I don't know! I think it's kind of serious! Uhm, you know ... I was watching this thing on TV this morning about ... Newcastle disease ... and I think I might have it! !
我不知道!好像蛮严重的!我今天早上在电视上有看到……什么关于新城疫的,我想我可能感染到了!
Charlie: Oh, Newcastle disease is a secretion borne virus that only affects chickens and ... other poultry.
噢,新城疫是跟分泌物有关的病毒,只有鸡或是其它家禽才会被传染到。
Rachel: Ok, who is this?
好的,这是谁?
Ross: I'm sorry, Rachel, this is Charlie Wealer, uh she's a collegue.
抱歉,瑞秋,这位是查莉·魏勒,她是我同事。
Rachel: Oh, hi! I-I would shake your hand but ... I'm sure you don't wanna get my chicken disease.
嗨!我应该要跟你握手的……但是我想你不会想要,被传染到我的鸡病。
Monica: Hey, Rachel, Can-can I see you for a sec?
瑞秋,我可以跟你谈一下吗?
Rachel: Sure!
当然!
Rachel: Oh ...
喔……
Monica: You're not sick!
你没有生病!
Rachel: What? Yes I am!
什么?我当然有!
Monica: Ok, then, why are you ... all dressed up?
那么为什么你要穿成这样呢?
Rachel: Wa! When you're sick, you do whatever you can to make yourself feel better!
哇!当你生病的时候,你会做任何事情,来让自己觉得好过一些!
Monica: You just wanna stay home so you can make a move on Joey!
你只是想要待在家里对乔伊采取行动不是。
Rachel: Oh, no, no! I heard you before, that is so not what this is!
喔,不不!我听进去了你之前说的话 事情不是这样的!
Monica: Ok, then what is this?
好的,那是怎么回事呢?
Rachel: Uh, Ok!
噢!好的!
Rachel: Joey is having a secret Days Of Our Lives party up on the roof and he sent you guys to the play to get rid of you!
乔伊帮《我们的日子》在屋顶举行秘密派对,他送你们去看舞台剧来甩掉你们!
Monica: What?
什么?
Ross: W-what's going on?
什么?这是怎么回事?
Monica: Joey is having a secret Days Of Our Lives party up on the roof!
乔伊帮《我们的日子》 在屋顶举行秘密派对!
Rachel: And-and he didn't want you guys to know about it but I came over here to tell you.
他不想要让你们知道,但是我还是过来告诉你们了。
Charlie: I thought you came to say you were sick.
你是过来说你生病的。
Rachel: All right, professor or detective?
你到底是教授还是侦探?
Phoebe: Joey's having a party and he wasn't gonna invite us?
等等,乔伊要开派对但不邀请我们?
Rachel: Yeah, he does it every year!
他每年都那样做的!
Rachel: That's why he's sending you to that play!
这就是为什么他要请我们去看舞台剧!
Rachel: That's why he sent us to that medieval restaurant, and to that button factory!
这就是为什么他请我们去中古世纪餐厅还有纽扣工厂!
Phoebe: And that bad, horrible museum tour!
而有那次糟糕的博物馆之旅吗?
Ross: No, I arranged that.
不是,那是我安排的。
Joey: Hey you guys, I'm turning in. Have fun.
你们好,我过来打招呼。祝你们玩的愉快。
Phoebe: We know about your party Joey.
我们知道你的派对了,乔伊。
Joey: What party?
什么派对?
Monica: The game's over! Take off your robe!
游戏结束了!把睡袍脱掉吧!
Joey:Really ... I mean ...
真的?我是说……
Everyone: No! No! Cover it up! Joey!
不!不!穿起来!穿起来!
Joey: Nice to meet you!
很高兴见到你!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
detective [di'tektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 侦探的
n. 侦探

联想记忆
complain [kəm'plein]

想一想再看

vi. 抱怨,悲叹,控诉

 
address [ə'dres]

想一想再看

n. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧

 
species ['spi:ʃiz]

想一想再看

n. (单复同)物种,种类

 
paleontologist [,pæliɔn'tɔlədʒist]

想一想再看

n. 古生物学者 =palaeontologist

 
stroll [strəul]

想一想再看

n. 闲逛,漫步
v. 闲逛,漫步

联想记忆
soap [səup]

想一想再看

n. 肥皂
vt. 用肥皂洗,阿谀奉承

 
variegation [,vεəriə'ɡeiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 彩色;上色;斑

联想记忆
crab [kræb]

想一想再看

n. 蟹
v. 捕蟹,使横行
n.

联想记忆
medieval [medi'i:vəl]

想一想再看

adj. 中世纪的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。