手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第十季 > 正文

老友记 第10季:第06集 罗斯的科研经费(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Rachel: Then little red squirrel took all of his acorns and put them in his little satchel and set off for...Ok, someone is getting a little fussy, I think it's time for bed.

然后红色的小松鼠把他所有的橡树果放进他的小背包里,离开了...好啦!有人开始烦啦,我看该睡觉了。
Joey: Wooooh, where's little red squirrel going?
小松鼠去哪了?
Chandler: Hey, Joe!
嘿,乔!
Joey: Oh, it's so sweet. What's up?
哦,太好了。什么事?
Chandler: Bad news. I watched the tape and passed it along to my bosses and they weren't interested.
坏消息我看过了带子并把它交给我的老板们,但他们不感兴趣。
Joey: Oh.
好吧。
Chandler: Sorry man.
对不起,老兄。
Joey: But, ehm...you watched the tape?
但...你看过这带子吗?
Chandler: Yeah! I...I...I liked it! But, ehm...my bosses didn't go for it. Stupid sons of bitches!
是啊,我...我很喜欢啊!但...我的老板不喜欢。真他妈的可恶!
Joey: You didn't watch the tape.
你没有看过这带子。
Chandler: What! ? Of course I did!
什么!?我当然看啦!
Joey: Look, it's one thing not to cast me, but to lie to me?
你不推荐我是一回事,但你对我说谎?
Chandler: I'm not lying to you, I watched it!
我没有说谎啊,我看了啦!
Joey: Well, you lied again!
你看,又说谎!
Chandler: I watched it!
我看了!
Joey: Keep going Pinocchio!
继续说谎吧,匹诺曹!
Chandler: I did!
我看了!
Joey: No you didn't!
没有!你没看!
Chandler: I'm telling you, I watched the tape.
我告诉你,我看了这带子。
Rachel: Did you watch the tape?
你看过这带子吗?
Chandler: No!
没有。
Ross: Hi. Look, I, I realize only one of us can get this grant, and I, I just wanted to wish both of you the best of luck.
嗨,听着,我知道我们中只有一个人能得到认可,而我也想祝福你们所有人好运。
Man: Are you crossing your fingers?
你绕手指了(表示“不是真心的”)?
Ross: What? This? No. This, that's, that's just the the uh, the result of a childhood injury. I'm, I'm cured!
什么?这个?不,这个... 只是童年受伤的结果痊愈了!
Benjamin: Good morning, everybody. You'll go ahead and take your seats, we can get started.
大家早上好,如果你们坐到座位上,我们就可以开始了。
Ross: Um, actually, Dr. Hobart, can I have a word with you?
实际上,赫伯博士我能和你说句话吗?
Benjamin: And you are?
你是...?
Ross: Ross.
罗斯。
Benjamin: I know, I'm kidding.
我知道,开玩笑的。
Ross: Listen, I just wanna say, last night...dinner, that was a little awkward. I just wanna make sure we're ok.
我只想说,昨晚...晚餐有点尴尬。我只想知道我们之间没什么问题。
Benjamin: Oh, yeah. Absolutely. You didn't tell Charlie what I said, did you?
没问题!绝对没有!你没有告诉查莉我说过什么吧?
Ross: Oh, no. Of course not.
喔,没有,当然没有。
Benjamin: Oh. Well, thank you. And I, I want you to know, I respect your decision not to give her up. It was the biggest mistake I ever made in my whole life. Well, that and tattooing her name on my shoulder...last night stupidly.
谢谢你,我想让你知道我尊重你没有放弃她的决定。放弃她是我一生中最大的错误呃,除了这件事。还有我很蠢的把她的名字刺在肩膀上...就在昨天晚上。
Ross: Seriously?
真的?
Benjamin: My Nobel Prize was not for moving on.
我的诺贝尔奖可不是为了忘记。
Ross: So, no hard feelings?
还难过吗?
Benjamin: Ok.
还好。
Benjamin: None at all. Good luck today.
一点也没有,祝今天好运!
Ross: Thank you.
谢谢。
Benjamin: You're welcome.
不客气。
Benjamin: All right. The selection committee has chosen the three of you as our finalists today. The ultimate decision will be based of course on the answers that you give to the questions I ask. We're gonna go ahead and start with Dr. Li. Dr.Li, you claim the field is too reliant on the Linnaean taxonomic system. How do you propose to correct this problem?
评选委员会选出你们三人于今天作最后评核。最终决定会基于你们如何回答我的问题。先从李博士开始吧。李博士,你提出学界太依赖林奈分类系统。那你打算怎么解决这个问题?
Dr.Li: Well, I believe that the answers lie in the osteological evidence. I plan to begin there.
我相信解决办法在化石证据上。我打算从那里入手。
Benjamin: Interesting.
很有趣。
Ross: I guess.
是啊。
Benjamin: Dr. Biely, your proposal includes some field work. Where might that take place?
白莉博士,你的方案有一些挖掘工作,你会从哪里入手呢?
Dr.Biely: Primarily in the Pierre Shale region of South Dakota.
首先是南达科他州的皮尔板岩地区。
Benjamin: Certainly. Very well. And Dr. Geller, when is my birthday?
当然,很好。那盖勒博士,你知道我的生日是什么时候吗?
Ross: What? I...I...
什么?我...我...
Benjamin: Care to venture a guess?
不能猜一下吗?
Ross: May 12th?
5月12号?
Benjamin: That's not even kinda close!
还差很远呢!
Benjamin: Dr. Li, how many graduate students you'd be needing?
李博士,你需要多少个学生呢?
Dr.Li: Half a dozen.
6个。
Benjamin: I see, and Dr.Biely?
明白了,那白莉博士呢?
Dr.Biely: Three for excavation and two for analysis.
三个负责开掘,两个负责分析。
Benjamin: Certainly. Dr.Geller, which 1965 Shirelles hit was later covered by a popular British invasion band?
当然。盖勒博士,1965年沙伦斯乐队哪首歌被英国入侵乐队盖过风头?
Ross: Wha...? I need 6 graduate students.
什么...?我需要6个学生。 不
Benjamin: No! I'm sorry, we were looking for "Baby It's You". Baby It's You.
是!对不起。答案是 “宝贝,就是你”。宝贝,就是你。
Ross: Wha...? Wait, wait, wait, just a minute. None of my questions have anything to do with paleontology.
什么...?等等,等一下。我的问题没有一条是关于古生物学的。
Benjamin: You're right, I apologize. Scratch the last question. Spell "Mboscodictiasaur".
没错,我该道歉。那最后一条问题拼写单词Mboscodictiasaur。
Ross: Um...I've never heard of a "Mboscodictiasaur".
恩...。我没有听过Mboscodictiasaur啊。
Benjamin: Yeah, I just made it up. Spell it.
是,我乱编的单词。快拼。
Ross: Ok. B - O - S...
好的。B - O - S ...
Benjamin: No, it starts with a silent "M".
不,开头有个不发音的“M”。
Ross: Oh come on!
噢,拜托!
Chandler: I can't believe Joey. I hate being called a liar!
我不明白乔伊,我讨厌被人称为骗子。
Rachel: But you are a liar.
但你是个骗子。
Chandler: What did I just say?
我刚刚怎么说的?
Joey: You still here?
你还在啊?
Chandler: Yes, and I have to say, I am not just hurt. I am insulted. When I tell somebody I did something...
是的,我不仅是受伤害,还被侮辱了。当我说我已经做了某事...
Joey: Ok, whoah...hey...Let me just stop you right there, ok? First, you lied, right? Then, you lied about lying, ok? Then, you lied about lying about lying, ok? So before you lie about lying about lying about lying about...lying...Stop lying!
好了,好了... 我打断你一下好吗?首先,你说谎,对吗?然后,你又说谎去圆谎,好吗?然后,你又再说谎去圆你刚才圆的谎,是不是?所以在你说谎去圆你刚才,为圆谎...而说的谎...的那个谎言...不要说谎啦!
Chandler: Why are you so sure I didn't watch this tape?
为什么你这么肯定我没有看过那带子?
Joey: You wanna know what? You wanna know why?
你想知道?你想知道为什么?
Rachel: Well, this is going well.
事情发展得不错呢。
Joey: Here's how I know you didn't watch the tape, ok? If you had seen what was on this tape, believe me, you would have some comments. Alright, now, remember, I got paid a lot of money for this and it only aired in Japan. "Ichiban. Ichiban, lipstick for men. Ichiban, lipstick for men."
这就是我知道你没看的原因了。如果你看了这带子,你绝对不会没有话说的。听好,我收了很多钱才去拍这个广告,而且只在日本地区放映。“一级棒,一级棒,男用唇膏!一级棒,男用唇膏!”
Joey: And that's how I know you didn't watch the tape!
这就是我知道你没看的原因!
Chandler: He really is a chameleon.
他真的是一条变色龙呢。
Phoebe: Well, Gladys say hello to your new home!
格拉达斯,给你的新家打个招呼吧!
Monica: Oh, my!
哦,妈呀...!
Rachel: Wow! Oh, she's so nice and big! Oh, Monica, where are you going to display Gladys oh so proudly?
哇!噢!她真漂亮,又显眼!噢!莫妮卡,你会把她放到什么地方,让格拉达斯显的得体呢?
Monica: I haven't really settled on a spot yet!
我还没决定放在哪里!
Rachel: Well, hey! How about right above the TV? That way, it will be the first thing that you see when you walk in the door!
那,不如放在电视机上面吧!这样的话,人们一进门就马上看得到了!
Phoebe: Yeah, yeah! And you can get rid of that French poster.
好啊,好啊!那你就可以丢掉那法国的海报了。
Monica: I like that poster!
我喜欢那海报啊!
Phoebe: Really? It doesn't have anything coming out of it. Or maybe there is some place for her in your bedroom?
是吗?它没有东西可以“冒”出来啊。又或者你的卧室里有空位吗?
Rachel: Oh! There's nothing above your bed!
噢!你床头还空着呢!
Monica: Are you still here?
你还在这里住吗?
Ross: Stupid Nobel Prize winner! I'm sorry.
愚蠢的诺贝尔奖获得者!对不起。
Ross: Oh hi! Hello! Uh, have you come to ask me some more paleontology related questions? Uhm...your grandmother's nickname, perhaps? Aunt Margaret's pants size?
噢!嗨!你好!呃,你是来问我古生物学的问题的吗?呃...可能你要问我你祖母的小名吧?还是你马格莉特阿姨内裤的尺寸?
Benjamin: I've come here to apologize. I think I may have let my feelings for Charlie interfere with the interview process.
我是来道歉的。我想我对查莉的感情…影响到面试的程序了。
Ross: No! Stop!
没有!哪里有!
Benjamin: Anyway, I've decided to offer you the grant.
不管怎么说,我决定批准你的补助金。
Ross: Really?
真的吗?
Benjamin: Well...there is, there is just one small...stipulation.
是的...只是还有一个...小条件。
Ross: I have to break up with Charlie?
我要和查莉分手?
Benjamin: Hey, you got one right!
嘿!你终于答对一次了!
Ross: You're crazy.
你发神经。
Benjamin: Crazy, or...romantic?
神经,还是...浪漫?
Ross: Crazy!
神经!
Benjamin: Or...
还是...
Ross: Get out!
出去!
Rachel: Oh! my God!
噢!天啊!
Joey: What?
什么?
Rachel: Joey, what...is...this...thing...doing here?
乔伊,这...这...东西在这里干嘛?
Joey: I got it from Monica. She sold it to me for a very reasonable price.
我在莫妮卡那里拿过来的,她出了个很合理的价格。
Rachel: Joey, we're not keeping this!
乔伊,我们不能留着这个!
Joey: But it's an original Buffay...
但它是原版的布菲作品啊...
Rachel: Alright, fine. You can keep it. As long as you don't mind that she's haunted.
好的,没关系,你就留着吧。只要你不介意她四处游荡。
Joey: Hey? what? what? wey! whoo! what? what? !
嘿?什么?什么?嘿!噢!什么!?
Rachel: Well, legend has it Joey, that...she comes alive when you're asleep.
有这样一个传说...她在半夜里会活过来。
Rachel: She climbs out of the frame, and then drags her half-a-body across the floor, just looking for legs to steal. And then with her one good hand, she slowly reaches up and turns your doorknob.
她爬出这画框,然后她拖着她这半个身体,爬在地板上想办法去偷一双腿。然后,她用她唯一的一只手慢慢、慢慢地扭开门把手。
Joey: Get that legless witch out of here!
拿走这没脚的妖怪!!
Monica: Hey! I sold that to Joey.
嘿!我把它卖给乔伊了!
Rachel: Well, well I told him it's haunted. Two can play at this game. '
所以我骗他这是鬼怪了,我们都会玩这种把戏。
Monica: No, too late. You can't give it back!
不行,太迟了,你不能退货!
Rachel: Yes I can!
我当然可以!
Monica: No you can't. She's yours!
不,你不可以,她是你的!
Rachel: She's yours!
她是你的!
Monica: She's yours.
是你的!
Rachel: She's yours!
她是你的!
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Rachel: She's mine!
她是我的!
Monica: She's mine!
她是我的!
Rachel: She's mine!
她是我的!
Monica: She's mine!
她是我的!
Phoebe: You guys! You don't have to fight over her anymore. Whoever doesn't get Gladys gets Glynnis.
你们啊!不用为她争吵了。谁得不到格拉达斯,就把格林妮斯拿回去吧。
Rachel: I want Gladys!
我要格拉达斯。
Monica: She's mine!
她是我的!
Rachel: She's mine!
她是我的!
Monica: She's mine!
她是我的!
Rachel: She's mine!
她是我的!
Chandler: Uh, Konichiwa Joey-san.
你好,乔伊先生(日语).
Joey: No no, you don't get to do that.
不要不要。你不要这样了。
Chandler: I know. Look, I'm sorry I didn't give them your tape. And I promise, next time to submit you whether I think you are right for the part or not.
很抱歉我没有把你的带子给他们。我保证,下次无论合不合适我都会把你推荐上去的。
Joey: That's not the point Chandler. The point is that you lied.
重点不是这个啊,钱德。重点是,你说了谎。
Chandler: I know. You're right. What's it gonna take for you to forgive me?
我知道,你说的对。我要做什么你才能原谅我?
Monica: Oh my God!
噢天啊!
Rachel: Excellent!
太完美了!
Joey: Now, what'd you say?
现在你该说什么?
Chandler: Lying is wrong!
说谎是不对的!
Joey: And? And?
还有呢?还有呢?
Chandler: I'm a pretty little girl.
我是个漂亮小女生。
Phoebe: I knew it!
我早就知道啦!
Ross: Your ex-boyfriend is insane.
你的前男友是个疯子。
Charlie: He is a character.
他是个有个性的人。
Ross: No no no no no. Charles Nelson Reilly is a character.
不是,才不是呢查尔斯·纳尔逊·赖利(演员)才是。
Charlie: Who?
谁?
Ross: Charles Nelson Reilly, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir? Match Game? Were you never sick as a child?
查尔斯·纳尔逊·赖利《幽灵与未亡人》和《比赛》的主演?你小时侯都没得过病吗?
Charlie: Whatever, did you get the grant?
随便啦!你得到那笔补助了吗?
Ross: No I didn't, and you wanna know why? Because your ex-boyfriend is still in love with you.
没有,你想知道为什么吗?因为你的前男友还是爱着你。
Charlie: What?
什么?
Ross: Yeah. He wouldn't give me the grant, because I wouldn't give you up.
没错他没有给我那笔补助,就因为我没有放弃你。
Charlie: Benji isn't in love with me. I mean, he broke up with me. And besides, he's a very ethical man.
班杰不会还爱着我的。因为当时是他抛弃我。 而且,他是个有道德的人。
Ross: Really? ?? Is it ethical to ask someone in a grant review, who was the voice of "Underdog"?
是吗???在补助调查中问这种问题:“谁是《超狗》的配音员?” 很认真吗?
Charlie: I'm sure he was just joking, Ross.
我肯定他是在开玩笑,罗斯。
Ross: If you don't believe me, let's go talk to him, ok? I'm telling you, he didn't ask me one paleontological question.
如果你不相信我,我们去找他对质吧。可以告诉你,他没有问过我一个关于考古学的问题。
Charlie: Seriously?
真的吗?
Ross: Oh, I'm sorry, no. He did ask me one. Uhm...How do you spell Mboscodictiosaur?
哦,不是,他问了我一个。呃...怎么拼Mboscodictiosaur.
Charlie: Well, if it's like the lake Mbosco in Congo, then M-B-O...
和刚果的Mbosco湖拼法一样,那是M-B-O...
Ross: Damn it!
可恶!
Benjamin: Dr. Geller? Charlie...What're you, what're you doing here?
盖勒博士?查莉...你...你到这来干什么?
Ross: I want you to tell her everything. About the deal you tried to make with me, about the...the crazy questions you...Wally Cox! That's the voice of Underdog!
我要你告诉他一切。告诉他你想和我做的交易,那些神经病的问题...沃利·考克斯!他就是《超狗》的配音!
Benjamin: Like I tried to tell you in the interview, Ross, this grant is not based on your knowledge of pretty useless trivia.
就如之前的面谈我告诉你的一样。这个补助基金不是为了这些无聊的知识而设的。
Ross: No, no, no. Don't do that! I want you to look her in the eyes, and tell her the truth.
不!不!不!别这样!我要你看着她的眼睛,告诉她真相。
Charlie: Benji?
班杰?
Benjamin: Alright, it's true. I behaved horribly. But it's only because I still love you. And I would do anything to have you back in my life.
是的,的确是这样。我之前简直是乱来。但这都是因为我还爱着你。只要你回到我身边,我可以做任何事。
Ross: Too little, too late, Benji!
太少了,太迟了,班杰!
Charlie: I can't believe this.
我不敢相信。
Benjamin: I never should've broken up with you. I think about you all the time. I mean, do you ever still think about me?
我真不应该离开你,我无时无刻不想起你。难道你一点都没有想起我?
Ross: No!
没有!
Charlie: Yes!
有!
Ross: What?
什么?
Charlie: I don't know what to say, Benji. This is all so...romantic.
我不知道该说什么好了,班杰。这一切实在太...浪漫了。
Ross: Or...
或者...
Benjamin: Listen, I know, I may be way out of bounds here, but is there any chance you would take me back?
我知道,或者我做得太过火了,但我们还有机会在一起吗?
Charlie: Maybe...
也许可以...
Ross: Sweetie, this conversation is starting to make me a little uncomfortable.
甜心,你们的对话让我觉得有点不舒服了。
Charlie: Oh, God! I am so sorry, but...I mean it's...there's so much history between us, you know...
噢 天啊!我很抱歉,但...我是说...我们之前有太多的过去了...
Benjamin: I'm sorry too...
我也觉得抱歉...
Benjamin: I love you!
我爱你!
Charlie: I love you too!
噢!我也爱你!
Ross: Okay, that's it, we are seeing other people.
好了,够了。我们算是完了!
Joey: Gladys?
格拉达斯?
Rachel: Ha ha, Gladys third time this week. Man, this's not get old.
哈哈哈,这个星期的第三次了。老兄,你怎么还没长大啊?
Joey: You're mean!
你真可恶!
Rachel: Oh, don't be such a baby!
哦!别这么幼稚!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
venture ['ventʃə]

想一想再看

n. 冒险,风险,投机
v. 尝试,谨慎地做,

联想记忆
apologize [ə'pɔlədʒaiz]

想一想再看

vi. 道歉,谢罪

联想记忆
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 
band [bænd]

想一想再看

n. 带,箍,波段
n. 队,一群,乐队

 
related [ri'leitid]

想一想再看

adj. 相关的,有亲属关系的

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
uncomfortable [ʌn'kʌmftəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不舒服的,不自在的

 
settled ['setld]

想一想再看

adj. 固定的;稳定的 v. 解决;定居(settle

 
cast [kɑ:st]

想一想再看

v. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目

 
legend ['ledʒənd]

想一想再看

n. 传说,传奇

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。