are finally beginning to emerge.
正一步步地浮现
Why did you lie?
你为什么撒谎?
I didn't lie.
我没说谎
My father does live on Bleecker Street.
我的爸爸真的住在布里克大街
And he has a rent-controlled apartment and a dog named Negus.
他有一套房租管制的公寓 还有一只名叫尼格斯的狗
You told me your father died in a motorcycle accident.
但是你告诉我你爸爸在一场 车祸中死去了
So I exaggerated a little.
我说的是有些夸张?
A little?
有些?
Exaggerating a little is saying you're a little taller.
有些夸张是指你有些高
Saying your father is dead when he's not
告诉我你爸爸死了而实际上没有
is lying beyond comprehension.
不用说这也叫撒谎
We should tell Stu what happened first.
我们先跟斯图解释一下
Can we talk about this later?
我们可以以后再讨论这些事情吗?
Why did you say your father was dead?
你为什么说你爸爸死了
You should tell me what happened.
你应该先向我解释一下
He died?
他死了吗?
When?
什么时候?
I had a reason.
我是有原因的
And what was that?
那又是为什么?
The truth?
你要我说真话吗?
Yes, the truth!
快,告诉我真相!
You do remember what that is, don't you?
你应该还记得是怎么回事吧 不是吗?
No, a lie will do.
不,反正你总是满口胡言
Were we in a diner?
我们是在用餐吗?
I have an image of "Merry Xmas.
" 我脑中有过圣诞节的景象
Right now I'm talking to her.
现在我正和她说话
Just give me a moment. I'd be happy to explain.
你先等一会儿 等一下我就会跟你解释的
All right. The total truth.
好吧,所有的真相全告诉你
I lied because I wanted to make myself seem more interesting.
我说谎是因为我想让自己 活得更有趣一些
More interesting?
更有趣?
We are 1,000 miles from home in a New York police station
我们被抓到这个离家有十万八千里 的警察局里
with a drunken rock star waiting for your dead father to show up.
身边还带着一个喝得烂醉如泥的摇滚歌星 等着你死去的爸爸出现
You want to be more interesting? More interesting than what?
你还想更有趣? 比什么更有趣?