手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 双语阅读 > 图文阅读 > 大千世界 > 正文

杰夫·贝索斯:印度的亚马逊(1)

来源:英文阅读网 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Tell me have, you seen any perceptible change in India apart from the traffic, when you came last?

告诉我,你最后一次来的时候,除了交通,你有没有看到印度发生了什么明显的变化?

Apart from the traffic. You know it's interesting.

除了交通方面之外。你知道这很有趣。

So, I guess the first time I came to India was about 11 years ago.

所以,我想我第一次来印度大约是11年前。

I don't know that I have seen perceptible changes of integrate1 magnitude2.

我不知道我是否看到了整体规模的可察觉变化。

The thing what I would actually say is that, I notice there are certain things that seem to me to be the same and I love those things.

我真正想说的是,我注意到有一些东西在我看来是相同的,我喜欢这些东西。

One of the things I notice every time I come here is that, there is so much energy here and dynamism and color.

我每次来这里都会注意到的一件事是,这里充满了能量,活力和色彩。

The word I would use for it is, the whole place seems so full of life.

我想用的词是,整个地方看起来充满了活力。

And everywhere you go every single thing you do and the diversity of India.

无论你走到哪里,你做的每一件事和印度的多样性都体现了活力。

When I come here, I've never seen a more diverse3 place.

当我来到这里时,我从未见过比这里更多样化的地方。

Everywhere I travel in the world nowhere more diverse than India.

我在世界上任何地方旅行,没有一个地方比印度更多样化。

So, the energy, self-improvement.

精力充沛,自我完善。

Every time I come here, I find that the people that I talk to are focused on and interested in being better tomorrow than they are today.

每次我来到这里,我发现与我交谈的人都专注于并且有兴趣让明天比今天更好。

Everybody here seems to be focused on self-improvement.

这里的每个人似乎都专注于自我提升。

Did you think online retail4 would get this big?

你想到在线零售会发展得这么大吗?

Oh no. So, you know when I started Amazon, it was 25 years ago.

哦,没有。你知道的,当我创办亚马逊的时候,是25年前。

I started Amazon in 1994.

我在1994年创办了亚马逊。

When I went to see investors5 the first question I had to answer is, what is the internet.

当我去见投资者时,我不得不回答的第一个问题是,什么是互联网。

None of my investors had ever heard of the internet.

我的投资者中没有一个人听说过互联网。

And the idea that I had in mind was to build a bookstore.

我的想法是建一家书店。

I realized that we could build a store, which would have every book ever printed in any language, in print or out of print and we could do that online.

我意识到我们可以建立一个商店,里面有印刷好的各种语言的书,出版的和绝版的我们都可以在网上卖。

It would be impossible in a physical store and that was the founding idea of amazon.

这在实体店是不可能的,而这正是亚马逊的创始理念。

But did I expect what would happen today.

但我没料到今天会发生什么。

No, you know we started, I've been at Amazon when it was one person, me.

不,你知道我们开始的时候,我在亚马逊的时候只有一个人,就是我自己。

When it was 10 people when it was a hundred people when it was a thousand people.

后来变成十个人,一百个人,一千个人。

And today it's you know more than 700,000 people and approaching 70,000 people just here in India.

今天,仅在印度就有接近7万人。

So, no I did not predict that and actually I think if anybody had predicted that they would have needed to be immediately institutionalized in a mental facility.

所以,我没有预测到这一点,实际上我认为,如果有人预测到,他们需要立即被送进精神病院。

Because it's not a normal thing to have happen.

因为这不是一件正常的事情。

My dream when I started Amazon was that one day, we might be able to afford a forklift.

我创办亚马逊时的梦想是,有一天,我们或许能买得起一辆叉车。

So, it's been a very fun journey for me, and by the way I still tap dance into work.

所以,这对我来说是一次非常有趣的旅程,顺便说一句,我仍然跳着踢踏舞去上班。

I'm having so much fun.

我玩得很开心。

Is there anything you don't sell on Amazon?

有没有什么东西是你在亚马逊上不卖的?

Anything we don't sell.

任何我们不卖的东西。

Or anything you tried to sell and didn't work?

或者你想卖但没成功的东西?

Anything that you decided6 not to go?

有什么你决定不卖的吗?

There are things we tried to sell that didn't work, we tried to sell a phone, call the fire phone.

有些东西我们试着卖了,但没有成功,我们试着卖一部电话,打电话给消防的电话。

We worked on it for four years and no one bought it.

我们花了四年时间研究它,但没人买。

I think my mother bought one and I don't think she was that happy with it.

我想我妈妈买了一个,我想她对它不太满意。

本文转载自英文阅读网,如有侵权,请联系我们删除。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
diversity [dai'və:siti]

想一想再看

n. 差异,多样性,分集

联想记忆
perceptible [pə'septəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可察觉的,能感觉得到的,看得见的

联想记忆
diverse [dai'və:s]

想一想再看

adj. 不同的,多种多样的

联想记忆
mental ['mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的
n. 精

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
institutionalized [,insti'tju:ʃənəlaizd]

想一想再看

adj. 使成惯例的;有组织的;遭受收容机构所产生的不良

 
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
predict [pri'dikt]

想一想再看

v. 预知,预言,预报,预测

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。