Kareem: Have you seen the latest sales figures? We need to ramp up production right now.
卡里姆:你看最近的销售数据了吗?我们现在需要加速生产。
Valerie: We don’t know if that increase is simply a blip or a trend.
瓦莱丽:尚不清楚这一增长是昙花一现还是长久趋势。
Kareem: Those sales figures are significantly above projected levels. Our product is in demand and we need to meet that demand with a larger production run.
卡里姆:很明显,这些销售数据反映的是预期水平。我们的产品有需求量,我们必须大量生产来满足市场需求。
Valerie: But that would mean a big increase in capital outlay.
瓦莱丽:这意味着我们的资本支出也将增加。

卡里姆:我们就是要用资本创造利润。如果市场前景持续可观,我们总不能供不应求吧。
Valerie: But if they don’t, we’d be saddled with a huge surplus in inventory.
瓦莱丽:但若形势急转直下,大量滞销的库存得由我们自己承担。
Kareem: When we rolled out this new product, we hoped it would catch on and it has. Are we going to sit on our hands and do nothing?
卡里姆:当时推出新产品时,我们就希望这一新品能够大热,事实证明它很受欢迎。难不成我们就只是干坐着?
Valerie: I guess you’re right. Should we increase production by 10 percent?
瓦莱丽:我想你说的对。那我们就将产量提高百分之十?
Kareem: Ten percent? We’re doubling production.
卡里姆:百分之十?我们得让产量翻倍。
Valerie: Doubling production?! Are you crazy?
瓦莱丽:产量翻倍?你疯了吗?
Kareem: Crazy like a fox.
卡里姆:疯狂如狐。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载











