重点讲解:
1. encourage sb. to do sth.
鼓励;激励;劝说某人做某事;
eg. We want to encourage people to go fishing, not put them off.
我们希望鼓励人们去垂钓,而不是打消他们的热情。
eg. Herbie Hancock was encouraged by his family to learn music at a young age.
赫尔比·汉考克年幼时家人就鼓励他学音乐。
2. translate into
(使)转变为;(使)转化为;
eg. Your decision must be translated into specific, concrete actions.
你的决定必须转化为具体明确的行动。
eg. We must make efforts to translate our ideal into reality.
我们必须努力把理想变为现实。
3. thanks to
幸亏;归因于;
eg. Thanks to your help, we accomplished the task ahead of schedule.
亏得你们帮忙,我们才提前完成了任务。
eg. Thanks to that, they do not look so monochromatic.
得益于此,他们看起来不才不至于那么单调。
4. so...that
so+形容词或副词+that ...引导结果状语从句;意思是“如此……以致于……”。
eg. The evidence was so compelling that he felt constrained to accept it.
证据是那样的令人折服,他觉得不得不接受。
eg. His behaviour was so strange that I began to doubt his sanity.
他行为怪异,我有点怀疑他是否神智正常。
5. be prepared to do sth.
准备做某事;
eg. In your case, we are prepared to be lenient.
根据你的情况,我们拟予从宽处理。
eg. You must be prepared to give the job your undivided attention .
你必须准备好全心全意地投入工作。
6. share with
与…分享;与…共享;
eg. The village tribe is friendly and they share their water supply with you.
村里的部落很友善,他们会和你一起分享水源。
eg. Share joys and sorrows with your comrades, and support one another in adversity.
同甘共苦,患难相扶。
n. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演
vt.