Taken together, my two excellent drawings represent a kind of amateur unified field theory of love.
综上所述,我的两幅优秀画作展示了我不成熟的关于爱的集大成理论。
I call it “Me, A Love Story.”
我愿称之为“我,一个爱的故事”。
That's a deliberately ridiculous name, but I am actually pretty serious about using the word "love."
我故意起了这个荒谬的名字,但实际上我对“爱”这个词是相当认真的。
Granted, it's a confusing term because we use it to apply to everything from our spouses to our children to gluten-free snickerdoodles.
诚然,这个词的定义很模糊,因为我们用它形容一切——我们的配偶、孩子,再到无麸质的肉桂糖饼干。
But I am comfortable embracing the broadness of the term.
但我愿意接受这个词的含糊之处。
I consider love to be anything that falls within the human capacity to care, a capacity wired deeply into us via evolution.
我认为爱是人类能够关心的范围内的一切东西,是一种通过进化深深印刻在我们身上的能力。
It's our ability to care, cooperate and communicate that has allowed Homo sapiens to thrive.
正是因为我们关心、合作和沟通的能力,人类才得以蓬勃发展。
And it is a failure to exercise that muscle, it is a lack of love that I think is at the root of our most pressing problems, from inequality to violence to the climate crisis.
我认为,我们面临的最紧迫的问题,从不平等到暴力,再到气候危机,都是因为我们没有利用这些能力,因为我们缺乏爱。
Obviously, these are all massive problems that are going to require massive structural change, but at a baseline they also require us to care about one another.
显然,这些都是巨大的问题,需要进行大规模的结构性改革,但从根本上来说,解决这些问题也需要我们相互关心。
And it is harder to do that when you're stuck in a ceaseless spiral of self-centered self-flagellation.
而如果你陷入以自我为中心的自我折磨的无限漩涡,要做到这一点就更难了。
Thank you.
谢谢。
So I guess what I'm trying to say here is there's a geopolitical case for you to get your shit together.
所以我想我想说的是,从地缘政治的角度来说,你得振作起来,不然会危害全球。
And the massively empowering news is that love is not an unalterable factory setting.
令人振奋的消息是,爱并非一成不变的硬性设定。
It is a skill that you can train.
这是一种你可以训练的技能。
It's actually a family of skills.
这实际上是很多技能的整合。
After my 360, I learned a whole bunch of practices for upping my love game, and I'm going to share two with you right now that I think would be very easy to integrate into your life.
在360度评估之后,我学会了一大堆提升爱的能力的方法,现在我将与你分享两个我认为非常适用于你生活的方法。
The first is to boot up a practice of loving-kindness meditation.
第一是尝试慈爱冥想。
I should say that it does not require you to subscribe to some fancy metaphysical program, and it shouldn't take up too much time.
你不需要报名参加一些花里胡哨的玄学活动,它不用占用太多的时间。
Maybe a few minutes a couple of times a week to start.
也许刚开始的时候一周几次,每次几分钟就可以了。
The instructions are really simple.
规则很简单。
Find a reasonably quiet place.
找一个安静的地方。
Assume a comfortable position, close your eyes and begin by envisioning a really easy person.
摆一个舒服的姿势,闭上眼睛,想象一个和你关系不错的人。
Maybe a good friend, maybe a pet.
可以是一个好朋友,或者一只宠物。
And then you repeat in your mind four phrases: "May you be happy, may you be safe, may you be healthy, may you live with ease."
然后在脑海中重复四句话:“愿你快乐,愿你平安,愿你健康,愿你自在。”
After you've generated a little warmth, you do a bait-and-switch and move onto yourself.
在你产生了一点温暖之后,你可以把目光转向你自己。
Once again, you conjure the image and send the phrases.
再一次想象一个人,然后重复这四句话。
After that, it's on to a mentor, somebody who's helped you in your life.
在那之后,想象一个导师,一个在生活中帮助过你的人。
Then a neutral person, somebody you might overlook.
然后是一个无关痛痒的人,一个你可能会忽视的人。
Then a difficult person, probably not hard to find.
一个难缠的人,估计不难找到。
And then we finish with all beings everywhere.
然后我们开始着眼全人类。