手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

从太空遥望地球会是什么样?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Oh, hi there!

嗨,你好!

Squeaks and I were doing some art projects.

我和吱吱在做一些艺术项目。

We are drawing pictures of things found in space!

我们正在画在太空中发现的事物的图像!

Look! I drew the space shuttle.

看! 我画了航天飞机。

Oh, and Squeaks wants to draw our planet, the Earth, like it would look if you were in space.

哦,吱吱想要画出我们的星球,地球,像在太空中看到的样子。

What a good idea!

多好的主意啊!

See, Squeaks has already drawn a circle.

看,吱吱已经画出了一个圆圈。

That’s because our Earth is basically round.

这是因为我们的地球大体上是圆的。

Nice job!

干得好!

That’s a great question!

这是一个很好的问题!

Squeaks wants to know what he should draw next.

吱吱想知道他下一步应该画什么。

Should he draw the Fort? Or mountains and trees? Or something else?

他应该画堡垒吗?或是高山和树木?还是别的什么?

What kinds of things would we be able to see on Earth from space?

我们从太空中能看到地球上的什么东西?

Well, it depends on how far away from Earth we are!

嗯,这取决于我们离地球有多远!

Like, if you were far away — and I mean, really far away, like almost out of our solar system away, Earth wouldn’t look like anything except a blue dot.

比如,如果你在很远的地方--我的意思是,真的很远的地方,远到几乎离开我们的太阳系,地球看起来只会像是一个蓝点。

You’re right, Squeaks, that wouldn’t be too much fun to draw!

你说得对,吱吱,这画起来不太有趣!

So, let’s think of something closer.

所以,让我们来想一些距离更近的事物。

Hey, I know!

嘿,我知道了!

Let’s say we were looking at the Earth from the ISS?

比方说我们从国际空间站上看地球?

The International Space Station.

国际空间站。

We can imagine what the astronauts on the space station would see.

我们可以想象空间站上的宇航员会看到什么。

The International Space Station is constantly moving around the Earth about 420 kilometers above the surface.

国际空间站在地球表面上方约420公里处不停地围绕着地球运行。

If you could drive a car straight up into space… it would probably take more than four hours to get that far.

如果你驾驶一辆汽车直接进入太空...…可能需要四个多小时才能到那么远的距离。

So the astronauts are still pretty far away.

所以宇航员们离我们还很远。

They couldn’t see their houses, for example.

例如,他们看不到自己的房子。

Right, so you shouldn’t draw the Fort in your picture.

对,所以你不应该把堡垒画在你的画里。

You wouldn’t be able to see it from space. It’s too small.

你从太空看不到堡垒。它小了。

But we can see bigger things.

但我们可以看到更大的东西。

Like what?

比如呢?

Well, let’s take a look at a picture of the Earth from space to see!

嗯,让我们从太空看一张地球的照片吧!

So, while we can’t see buildings like the Fort… we can see bigger things.

虽然我们看不到像堡垒这样的建筑...但我们可以看到更大的东西。

We can see the big pieces of land called continents.

我们可以看到被称为大陆的大片陆地。

This is where we are. On the continent called North America.

这就是我们所在的地方。我们在被称为北美的大陆上。

There are a lot of mountains near us too.

我们附近也有很多山。

We can see those as part of the land… they look sort of wrinkly, don’t they?

我们可以将它们视为陆地的一部分…...它们看起来有点皱巴巴的,不是吗?

Now, Squeaks, what do you think all of that blue is that’s around the continents?

现在,吱吱,你认为大陆周围的蓝色是什么?

You’re right!Water.

对! 是水。

And most of that water is ocean. Oceans are really really big.

而这些水中的大部分是海洋。海洋真的真的很大。

So we can see them from space.

所以我们能从太空中看到海洋。

So you can definitely put those in your picture.

所以你绝对可以把它们放进你的图片里。

And I hope you have a good blue crayon!

我希望你能有一支很好的蓝色蜡笔!

Let’s look at a different photo of Earth from space.

让我们来看看另一张从太空拍摄的地球照片。

Look at the big white spots at the top and bottom of the planet.

看看地球顶部和底部的大白点。

Any idea what that might be?

你知道那可能是什么吗?

Oh, good guess!

哦,猜对了!

Clouds are white. But they’re kind of scattered all over the planet.

云是白色的。但云朵散布在地球的各个角落。

What else do you think might be white?

你觉得还有什么可能是白色的?

Ice!

冰!

Yes. Parts of the Earth are covered with ice all year long.

是。地球的某些部分终年被冰覆盖。

Those are the parts we call the North and South Poles.

这就是我们所说的北极和南极。

It’s always really, really cold there… so cold that liquid water freezes into solid ice.

那里总是非常非常冷…...温度如此之低,以至于液态水冻结成固体冰。

At the North Pole, some of the ocean is frozen into ice.

在北极,海洋的一些部分被冻结成冰。

And we can see the places where the ice meets the liquid water of the ocean.

我们可以看到冰与海洋液态水相遇的地方。

There’s so much ice that we can see it from space!

冰很多,我们从太空都能看到冰!

You can definitely add that to your drawing.

你绝对可以把它加到你的画里。

Oh, you’re done?

哦,你已经画完了?

Let’s see it, Squeaks!

吱吱,让我们看看!

Nice job!

干得好

I can see oceans, continents, and ice on your drawing.

我能在你的画上看到海洋、大陆和冰。

Hey…do you know what?

嘿,你知道吗?

You’ve drawn a map of Earth!

你画了一张地球地图!

You sure have.

你的确画出来了。

Maps are drawings or models that show where things are.

地图是显示物品位置的图画或模型。

Your drawing is one of the whole Earth, which is big.

你的画是面积很大的整个地球。

So it shows where big things, like continents and oceans, are found.

这幅画显示了像大陆和海洋这样的大物体是在哪里发现的。

If we want to show where smaller things are, like the pond and the stream that are behind the Fort, we would need to make a map of a smaller area… like the neighborhood around the Fort.

如果我们想显示较小的东西在哪里,比如堡垒后面的池塘和小溪,我们就需要绘制一个较小区域的地图,比如堡垒周围的社区。

That map would show where the Fort is, too!

那张地图也会显示堡垒的位置!

Oh, yes!

哦, 是!

We can definitely make our own map!

我们绝对可以制作我们自己的地图!

And you can too!

你也可以!

All you need is some paper and something to draw with.

你所需要的只是一些纸和一些用来画画的东西。

First, decide what area you’re going to draw on your map.

首先,决定你要在地图上画什么区域。

Then, think about what the area would look like if you were a bird flying above.

然后,想象一下如果你是一只在空中飞行的鸟,这个区域会是什么样子。

What things would you see?

你会看到什么?

And where would these things be?

这些东西会在哪里?

Draw them on the paper… and you have a map!

把它们画在纸上,你就有了一张地图!

But before we get started on the map of our neighborhood… one of our viewers has a question for us.

但在我们开始绘制我们的社区地图之前,我们的一位观众想问我们一个问题。

Isaac, age 5, wants to know: How did the Earth get its tilt?

5岁的艾萨克想知道:地球是如何倾斜的?

That is an amazing question!

这是个很棒的问题!

Some maps and drawings of the Earth show that it’s tilted.

一些地球的地图和绘图显示它是倾斜的。

That is, it’s leaning over a bit instead of being straight up and down.

也就是说,地球有点倾斜,而非上下垂直。

Scientists think that a very long time ago, when our solar system was still forming, a baby planet called Theia crashed right into the Earth.

科学家们认为很久以前,当我们的太阳系还在形成的时候,一颗名为忒伊亚的小行星正好撞向了地球。

Theia was so big that when it hit the Earth, it knocked it over… just a little bit.

小行星忒伊亚太大了,当它撞到地球的时候,把地球撞倒了,只是撞倒了一点点。

Theia also sent a cloud of rock and dirt into space.

小行星忒伊亚还向太空发射了一团岩石和灰尘。

Over time, this rock and dirt came together to form our moon.

随着时间的推移,这些岩石和灰尘聚集在一起形成了我们的月球。

So thanks to Theia, we have a tilted Earth… and a pretty moon!

所以多亏了小行星忒伊亚,我们有了一个倾斜的地球和一个漂亮的月亮!

Okay Squeaks, let’s get drawing!

好了,吱吱,我们开始画画吧!

Thanks for joining us here at The Fort.

感谢收看我们在堡垒的节目。

If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks, me, Mister Brown and all our other friends, be sure to hit the subscribe button, and we'll see you next time on SciShow Kids!

如果你想继续与吱吱、我、布朗先生和我们的其他朋友一起学习与玩耍,一定要点击订阅按钮,我们下次在《少儿科学秀》节目中再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 
stream [stri:m]

想一想再看

n. (人,车,气)流,水流,组
v. 流动,

 
tilted

想一想再看

adj. 倾斜的,翘起的 v. 使倾斜(tilt的过去分

 
tilt [tilt]

想一想再看

vt. (使)倾斜
vi. 抨击,争论

 
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
pole [pəul]

想一想再看

n. 杆,柱,极点
v. (用杆)支撑

 
pond [pɔnd]

想一想再看

n. 池塘
v. 筑成池塘

 
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 
constantly ['kɔnstəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 不断地,经常地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。