手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

关于品牌的前世今生

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Design and branding are part of every single thing that we do as humans.

设计和品牌在人类活动中随处可见。

It's a way of signaling to others non-verbally who we are, what we believe in, what is important to us.

它是以非语言的方式,告诉别人我们是谁,我们的信仰是什么,对我们来说什么是重要的。

There was a time when a different form, a different flavor, a different bottle shape, those things really did excite consumers, people.

曾经有一段时间,不同的形式、不同的味道、不同的瓶子形状,这些东西确实能让消费者、人们感到兴奋。

But people have so much more power than they've ever had before.

但现在人们的力量比以往要大得多。

They want to understand and know that the things that they're buying are coming from companies they feel are worthy of contributing to.

他们想要了解并知道,他们购买的东西来自他们认为值得自己为之贡献的公司。

And that's something that we have really never seen before.

这种情况以前从未见过。

And that has created a real democratization of design and branding.

这便造就了设计和品牌的真正民主化。

Hi, I'm Debbie Millman and I am a brand designer.

你好,我是黛比·米尔曼,是一名品牌设计师。

I am an educator and I am the chair of the masters and branding program here at the School of Visual Arts in New York city.

我是一名教育工作者,也是纽约视觉艺术学院硕士和品牌项目的主席。

My most recent book is called "Why Design Matters" which is based on my long running podcast Design Matters with Debbie Millman.

我最新的一本书叫《为什么设计很重要》,这本书是根据我的长期播客“黛比·米尔曼聊设计很重要”改编的。

Design and branding are some of our earliest behaviors as humans.

设计和品牌是我们作为人类最早的行为之一。

As far back as 10,000 years ago we started to construct symbols to communicate our beliefs.

早在一万年前,我们就开始绘制符号来传达我们的信仰。

And we began to do this all over the planet.

人类在全球各地都做这件事。

I consider those early constructions very bottom up.

我认为这些早期的绘制是自下而上的。

We created these symbols for each other, by each other for free.

我们为彼此免费创造了这些符号。

It's really only in the last 250 or so years that the model of bottom up branding was tipped and turned when the corporation began to appropriate that behavior to create widespread recognition for branded products.

事实上,直到过去的250年左右,自下而上的品牌模式才被推翻和转变,因为公司开始利用这种行为来广泛提高品牌产品的认知度。

Whether it's a religion, political platform, sugar free beverage, all of these constructions use branding in exactly the same way to create more recognizable consensus.

无论是宗教、政治平台还是无糖饮料,都是用完全相同的方式使用品牌去创造更有识别度的共识。

But it's really only in the last 10 years that we have begun to see that top down model begin to flip back to bottom up again.

但事实上,直到最近10年,我们又看到这种自上而下的模式开始重新回归到自下而上了。

And that is really the thing that excites me almost more than anything today.

这就是让我最为兴奋的事情。

Branding is no longer just a tool of capitalism.

品牌不再仅仅是资本主义的一种工具。

Branding has become a profound manifestation of the human spirit.

品牌已经成为人类精神的深刻体现。

People aren't as interested in different anymore.

人们对不一样的东西不再那么感兴趣了。

They're looking much more critically to see what organizations stand for.

他们正以更为挑剔的眼光来看待组织所代表的东西。

A really good example of an organization that is taking some risks with communicating what they believe is what Nike has done with Colin Kaepernick.

举个很好的例子,一个组织在传达他们认为耐克对科林·凯珀尼克做了什么事情时是冒着风险的。

When Nike first introduced the idea that they were supporting Colin Kaepernick, quite a lot of people were up in arms.

当耐克第一次提出他们支持科林·凯珀尼克的想法时,很多人都很愤怒。

But that initial wave of displeasure was fleeting and what we saw long term was a majority of people were actually very supportive of Nike communicating their beliefs through the behavior of the brand.

但最初的不满是转瞬即逝的,从长远来看,大多数人实际上非常支持耐克通过品牌的行为来传达他们的信念。

And then we also began designing our movements in this bottom up way.

于是我们也开始用这种自下而上的方式来规划我们的动作。

And one of the most powerful, and one of the most successful has been Black Lives Matter.

其中最有影响力,也最成功的是《黑人的命也是命》。

It has all the tenants of branding.

它拥有品牌需要具备的所有要素。

It has a name. It has a hashtag. It has a website. It has a logo.

它有名字。有标签。有网站。有标志。

It has passionate, passionate belief.

它有激情,非常有激情的信念。

But it's much more than a brand.

但它远不止是一个品牌。

What this movement has done is question, challenge, and provoke behavior of change.

这场运动所做的就是质疑、挑战和激发变革的行为。

We've also seen that happen with the pink Pussyhat.

粉色的“Pussyhat”运动也是这种情况。

We've seen that happen with Me Too.

“Me Too”运动也是一样的。

Certain embedded behavior is no longer being tolerated and we've seen behavior transformed.

人们不再容忍某些根深蒂固的行为,我们也看到人们的行为发生了变化。

We really do have the power to change the future of this planet, just with the sheer decisions that we're making about what we buy and what we choose to contribute to.

我们真的有能力改变这个星球的未来,只要我们决定自己想买什么,想为什么做出贡献。

The markers of success or failure in branding are really evident.

品牌塑造成败的标志是显而易见的。

It's in how many people believe you.

那就是要看有多少人相信你。

Anybody that is thinking about creating a brand, the first question has to be why.

任何想要创建一个品牌的人,第一个问题必须是为什么。

Why do we need this thing, idea, belief, product? Why?

为什么我们需要这个东西、想法、信念、产品?为什么?

The second question has to be what is the benefit?

第二个问题必须是,它的好处是什么?

People are going to be giving you money for this product or people are going to be giving you a piece of their soul if it is a movement.

人们要为这个产品付钱,或者如果这是一场运动,人们要为之献出自己的一部分灵魂。

What is the benefit for humanity?

这对他们有什么好处?

And if you have sound strategic answers to both of those questions, then you have something that you can begin to build on, to create something that has meaning both for the planet and for humanity.

如果你对这两个问题都有可靠的战略答案,那就可以开始建立一些东西,创造一些对地球和人类都有意义的东西。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
consensus [kən'sensəs]

想一想再看

n. 共识,一致,合意
n. [生理]交感

联想记忆
embedded [im'bedid]

想一想再看

adj. 植入的,内含的,深入的 v. 埋入,植入,深入

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
widespread ['waidspred]

想一想再看

adj. 分布(或散布)广的,普遍的

 
construct [kən'strʌkt]

想一想再看

vt. 构筑,建造
n. 构想

联想记忆
majority [mə'dʒɔriti]

想一想再看

n. 多数,大多数,多数党,多数派
n.

 
profound [prə'faund]

想一想再看

adj. 深奥的,深邃的,意义深远的

联想记忆
movement ['mu:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章

联想记忆
flip [flip]

想一想再看

vt. 掷,弹,轻击
vi. 翻转

联想记忆
contribute [kən'tribju:t]

想一想再看

vt. 捐助,投稿
vi. 投稿,贡献,是原因

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。