手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

时光机器之世界上最丑的鱼

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey there, squeaks, I see that you have your time machine out.

嘿,吱吱,我看到你们把时光机拿出来了。

Where in time are you planning on going?

你打算现在去哪里?

Oh, that's so sweet.

哦,真是太贴心了。

Squeak says he wants to travel back in time to all the funnest days he's had with me and Mr Brown, playing, exploring and learning.

吱吱说,他想回到他和我和布朗先生一起度过的所有有趣的日子,玩耍,探索和学习。

Hmm, but the machine is still set up to take you back to earth's early history huh

嗯,但这台机器还是会把你带回地球早期的历史,对吧。

That is a problem.

这是一个问题。

Squeaks, how about this?

吱吱,这个怎么样?

I'll help you think of some of our favorite days.

我会帮你回忆一些我们最喜欢的日子。

We can add them to the time machine and then you can visit them whenever you want.

我们可以将它们添加到时光机中,然后您可以随时访问它们。

Ready?

准备好了吗?

Hmm, okay, I have a great one.

嗯,好的,我有一个很棒的想法。

Do you remember when we learned about the blob-fish?

你还记得我们什么时候了解水滴鱼的吗?

It was a long time ago, wasn't it?

那是很久以前的事了,不是吗?

Let's check out that episode to refresh our memories and we can work on adding it to the time machine in the meantime.

让我们来看看这一集来刷新我们的记忆,同时我们可以努力将它添加到时光机中。

Oh! Hey!guys! We were just practicing our sad faces.

噢!嘿! 大家!我们只是在练习我们悲伤的表情。

Oh, good one, squeaks.

哦,干得好,吱吱。

Chances are you can't look any more miserable than this deep sea creature meet the blob face.

有可能你看起来不会比这只深海生物遇到斑点脸更痛苦了。

It's got a pretty good reason to look so bummed.

它有一个很好的理由让自己看起来如此沮丧。

It's been called the world's ugliest animal which really isn't a nice thing to say.

它被称为世界上最丑的动物,这真的不是一件好事。

I mean, it might not be as cute as a panda or a kitten.

我的意思是,它可能没有熊猫或小猫那么可爱。

But the blob-fish's funny-looking body actually helps it to survive in its harsh underwater environment.

但水滴鱼滑稽的身体实际上帮助它在恶劣的水下环境中生存下来。

The blob-fish lives in the ocean off the coast of Australia and it lives really really deep.

水滴鱼生活在澳大利亚海岸外的海洋中,它生活在非常非常深的地方。

How deep? Almost at the sea floor, that's nearly 10 times deeper than where most ocean animals live.

有多深?几乎在海底,这几乎是大多数海洋动物生活的深度的10倍。

Not many animals could survive where the blob fish lives.

在水滴鱼生活的地方,没有多少动物能存活下来。

Down there, it's pitch black because sunlight can't even reach that far.

那里是一片漆黑,因为阳光甚至不能到达那么远的地方。

The temperature is just a few degrees above freezing and the pressure is extremely high.

温度只比冰点高几度,压力极高。

So what's this pressure we're talking about.

那么我们所说的压力是什么。

Well, if you're at the bottom of the ocean, the weight of all the water on top of you presses down really hard and it squeezes you like a really really tight bear hug.

嗯,如果你在海底,你身上所有的水的重量都会非常用力地向下压,它会像熊熊一样紧紧地拥抱你。

So how does the blob-fish survive with all this intense pressure?

那么,水滴鱼是如何在如此巨大的压力下生存下来的呢?

Well, that's where its ugliness is actually a plus the blob-fish has a gooey jelly-like body that can handle the squeezing from all of that underwater pressure.

这就是它的丑陋之处--水滴鱼有一个粘糊糊的果冻状身体,可以承受所有水下压力的挤压。

In fact, it has almost no muscle and very few bones.

事实上,它几乎没有肌肉,骨骼也很少。

It's almost pure squish, but it's still able to do things like move and eat because it's blobbiness makes it buoyant.

它几乎是纯粹的挤压,但它仍然能够做一些事情,如移动和进食,因为它的浮肿使它浮力。

This means it can just float comfortably right above the ocean floor without having to use too much energy to swim.

这意味着它可以舒适地漂浮在海底上方,而不必使用太多的能量来游泳。

And it mostly just swallows food that happens to float on by which I have to admit would be pretty neat.

而且它主要是吞下碰巧漂浮在上面的食物,我不得不承认这会是相当干净的。

Could you imagine cheeseburgers just floating into your mouth?

你能想象芝士汉堡漂浮到你的嘴里吗?

So the blob-fish is blobby for a lot of good reasons and to its underwater friends.

因此,水滴鱼有很多很好的理由和它在水下的朋友。

It probably doesn't look so ugly at all.

它看起来可能一点都不难看。

Scientists actually think that when it's at home on the ocean floor the blob-fish probably looks a lot more like other fish that we know.

科学家们实际上认为,当这种水滴鱼呆在海底时,它看起来很可能更像我们所知道的其他鱼类。

And that's because the pressure at the bottom the ocean squeezes its body into that shape.

这是因为海洋底部的压力将它的身体挤压成这样的形状。

But most of the blob-fish that we've seen have been caught by fishing nets and brought up and out of the ocean.

但我们看到的大多数水滴鱼都是被渔网捕获的,被带出海洋。

And when a blob-fish is taken away from the pressure that gives its body that shape.

当一条水滴鱼被从赋予其身体形状的压力中分离出来时。

Well, it looks blobbier than usual.

嗯,它看起来比往常更浮肿。

So is the blob-fish really ugly?

那么,水滴鱼真的很难看吗?

Well, maybe to some people, is it awesome definitely?

嗯,也许对某些人来说,这真的很棒吗?

All right, I've got the blob-fish time travel setting all ready to go.

好了,我已经准备好水滴鱼时间旅行的设置了。

We'll just stick it on here and now we can visit that day whenever we want.

我们就把它贴在这里,现在我们可以随时访问那一天。

Do you have any ideas squeaks?

你有什么好主意吗?

Squeak says one of his favorite days was when Mr Brown taught him how to make a compass.

吱吱说,他最喜欢的日子之一是布朗先生教他如何做指南针。

I wasn't there that day but it sounds super cool.

我那天不在那里,但听起来很酷。

Will you show me?

你能带我去看看吗?

Awesome! Let's check it out and make the next time travel setting!

太棒了!让我们来看看它,并进行下一次时间旅行设置!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
buoyant ['bɔiənt]

想一想再看

adj. 有浮力的,心情愉快的,趋于上涨的

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
environment [in'vaiərənmənt]

想一想再看

n. 环境,外界

 
harsh [hɑ:ʃ]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,使人不舒服的,刺耳的,严厉的,大约的

 
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆
compass ['kʌmpəs]

想一想再看

n. 指南针,圆规
vt. 图谋,包围,达成

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
setting ['setiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲

 
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆
temperature ['tempritʃə(r)]

想一想再看

n. 温度,气温,体温,发烧

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。