Hello, I'm John Russell.
大家好,我是约翰·罗素。
Imagine you want to talk about an action.
假设你想表达一个动作。
Perhaps you want to talk about something you will do in the future.
也许你想表达你将来要做的事情。
For example: I'll call you. I'll call you.
例如:我会打电话给你。
A simple statement like this can teach you a lot about American English.
这样一个简单的陈述可以教会你很多美式英语的知识。
I'll explain. In American English, we generally stress content words, nouns, adjectives, and verbs.
下面我来解释一下。在美式英语中,我们通常会重读实词、名词、形容词和动词。
We generally do not stress function words, words like pronouns, modals, determiners, and so on.
我们通常不重读功能词,代词、情态动词、限定词等词。
Stress means to say something louder or more forcefully.
重读是指更大声或更有力地说某事。
So, what is the connection between this information and the statement, "I'll call you."
那么,这个信息和“I'll call you”之间有什么联系呢?
Listen carefully: I'll call you.
注意听:我会打电话给你。
Note that I stress the important content word the verb "call".
注意我强调了重要的实义词动词"call"。
It is the main verb in the sentence.
它是句子中的主要动词。
I don't stress the pronouns "I" or "you", and I reduce the helping verb "will".
我没有重读代词“I”或“you”,并且略读助动词“will”。
Listen again: I'll call you.
在听一次:我会打电话给你。
This general idea holds true for all kinds of statements.
这个普遍的观点适用于所有的陈述。
Here are some examples: I saw her. I saw her.
这里有一些例子:我看见她了。
It's nice to meet you. it's nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你。
In both of these examples, I stressed the main verb.
在这两个例子中,我都强调了主要动词。
The other words did not get as much stress.
其他单词没有那么多的重音。
The next time you listen to Americans speak, pay careful attention to how they stress verbs.
下次你听美国人说话时,注意他们如何重读动词。
Make careful note of how they do not stress helping or auxiliary verbs.
注意他们如何不重读助动词。
With time and careful study, you will stress words much like Americans do.
随着时间的推移和仔细的学习,你会像美国人一样读好重音的。
That's all for today. Keep up the good work.
以上就是本期的全部内容,继续加油吧。