手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之列王的纷争 > 正文

第821期:权力的游戏提利昂(13)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

When I asked him what I should do now, he answered that he supposed I should die.

当时我问他,我该怎么办?他回答说,他建议我去死。

To spite him, I resolved to live.

我恨他,所以决定活下去。

I begged, I stole, and I sold what parts of my body still remained to me.

我乞讨,偷窃,出卖自己残存的身躯,不择手段地赚钱,

Soon I was as good a thief as any in Myr,

很快就成为密尔有名的窃贼。

and when I was older I learned that often the contents of a man's letters are more valuable than the contents of his purse.

随着年纪渐长,我更发现窃取人们信件中的内容,往往比钱袋中的内容更有价值。”

"Yet I still dream of that night, my lord.

“但那晚的情形依然在我梦中萦绕。大人,

Not of the sorcerer, nor his blade, nor even the way my manhood shriveled as it burned.

我梦见的不是那巫师,不是他的刀,甚至不是我的男根在火焰中枯萎的样子,

I dream of the voice. The voice from the flames.

而是那个声音。火焰中的声音。

Was it a god, a demon, some conjurer's trick?

那到底是神灵?是恶魔?还是魔术师的伎俩?……

I could not tell you, and I know all the tricks.

不,所有的伎俩我都精通,只有这种我全然不知。

All I can say for a certainty is that he called it, and it answered,

我惟一能肯定的是,他召唤了‘它’,而‘它’作出了回应,

and since that day I have hated magic and all those who practice it.

从那天起,我便痛恨魔法及所有操行魔法的人。

If Lord Stannis is one such, I mean to see him dead."

如果史坦尼斯是其中之一,我就要他死。”

When he was done, they rode in silence for a time.

他说完之后,他们默默骑行了一段时间。

Finally Tyrion said,

最后提利昂道:

"A harrowing tale. I'm sorry."

“一个悲惨的故事。我很遗憾。”

The eunuch sighed.

太监叹了口气。

"You are sorry, but you do not believe me.

“你很遗憾,但你并不相信。

No, my lord, no need to apologize.

不,大人,不必道歉。

I was drugged and in pain and it was a very long time ago and far across the sea.

当时我喝了药,又痛得厉害,况且那也是很久很久以前、在远隔重洋的地方发生的事。

No doubt I dreamed that voice.

我上千次地告诉自己,

I've told myself as much a thousand times."

那声音只是噩梦中的幻觉。”

"I believe in steel swords, gold coins, and men's wits," said Tyrion.

“我相信刀剑,相信金钱,相信人的智慧,”提利昂说,

"And I believe there once were dragons.

“我还相信曾经有龙存在。

I've seen their skulls, after all."

毕竟我见过它们的颅骨。”

"Let us hope that is the worst thing you ever see, my lord."

“但愿那是您此生所见最为糟糕的东西吧,大人。”

"On that we agree." Tyrion smiled.

“对此我们意见一致。”提利昂微笑道,

"And for Ser Cortnay's death, well, we know Stannis hired sellsails from the Free Cities.

“至于科塔奈爵士之死,嗯,史坦尼斯不是在自由贸易城邦雇了些船吗?

Perhaps he bought himself a skilled assassin as well."

也许他还替自己买了个老练的刺客。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spite [spait]

想一想再看

n. 恶意,怨恨
vt. 刁难,伤害

联想记忆
blade [bleid]

想一想再看

n. 刀锋,刀口

 
apologize [ə'pɔlədʒaiz]

想一想再看

vi. 道歉,谢罪

联想记忆
valuable ['væljuəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 贵重的,有价值的
n. (pl.)贵

联想记忆
silence ['sailəns]

想一想再看

n. 沉默,寂静
vt. 使安静,使沉默

 
certainty ['sə:tnti]

想一想再看

n. 确定,确实的事情

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。