手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 你的厨艺弱爆了 > 正文

疯狂内涵英国人版咖喱鸡

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Alright, today we are going to make Chicken Tikka Masala.

好了,今天我们要做咖喱鸡。

This dish is very popular all across United Kingdom of England.

这道菜在整个英国都很受欢迎。

In fact, it's one of Britain's national dishes, just like fish and chips is.

事实上,它是英国的国菜之一,就像炸鱼薯条一样。

They can be eaten by the sea or even beneath eclipses, you know that one.

你可以在海边吃,在日食的时候吃,你知道的

Fun Fact: The original fish and chips was served with wood chips.

有趣冷知识:炸鱼薯条本里的薯条本来是木片的。

Such hearty people, we've gone so soft.

那时候人们多强健啊,现在我们太柔弱了。

First step to make a chicken marinade is to pour yourself a pint.

做鸡肉腌料的第一步是给自己倒点酒。

We're gonna have a laugh, have a bite, have a really good time.

我们要乐一乐、吃一吃、好好玩一玩。

Enjoy ourselves before Brexit wrecks it.

在英国脱欧毁了这一切之前好好享受吧。

One of the weirdest things about growing up in United Britain is that there's so many different accents.

在英国长大最奇怪的事情之一就是有太多不同的口音。

It's confusing.

令人困惑。

It might even sound like I'm not from there, but...

可能听起来我不像是英国人,但是……

That just means you haven't been to the Cardiff area where I'm from.

这只能说明你没去过卡迪夫,我的家乡。

Quart to take around half-a-cup of fresh yogurt.

弄半杯新鲜酸奶。

There's a bunch of different spices you can use.

还有很多其它你可以用的香料。

I'm gonna use a teaspoon of cumin.

我要加一小勺孜然。

Gonna take some fresh coriander, turmeric.

再来点新鲜香菜粉,姜黄。

Let's call the whole thing off.

别纠结这个词怎么读了。

Here take some fresh Garam Masala.

加点印度香料。

This one's really important 'cause it's got the name Masala and it just like the dish.

这个料非常重要,因为菜名里的Masala就是从这来的。

So don't skimp out on this one if you're trying to save money on spices.

所以就算你要在香料上省钱,也不要在这个调料上节省。

We're gonna WangeJangle this together till it's all sort of a tea kettle.

我们把这些东西搅拌一下,弄成像茶壶一样的东西。

Alright now we're gonna take a fresh can of chicken.

现在,我们拿出一些新鲜的鸡肉罐头。

The idea behind the marinade is it's supposed to make the chicken more tender and absorb the flavors.

腌制的目的是为了让鸡肉变得更嫩,更加入味。

But if you ask me, I think chicken's already tender both physically and emotionally so...

但如果你问我怎么想的话,我觉得鸡肉在身体和情感上都已经很柔软了,所以……

It's like how much more tender do you need?

你到底想要多嫩啊?

Always burn your chicken can for the sake of safety.

为了安全起见,一定要把鸡肉罐头烧掉。

And when you're grating ginger, just carve off the end.

当你要磨姜的时候,直接把它的末端切掉。

See that's a handle.

看,这就有了个把手。

Keeps you out of danger.

保证你的安全。

A lot of people don't know the history of this dish goes back to the druids when they were building Stonehenge.

很多人并不了解这道菜背后的历史,它的历史追溯到德鲁伊们建造巨石阵的时候。

They were pretty knackered from lifting very heavy rocks.

他们因为搬重石而疲惫不堪。

So one druid said, "You know what? I'm pretty hungry. Why don't we mix up some chicken and spice?"

所以其中一个德鲁伊说“你知道吗?我现在超级饿。要不我们把鸡肉和香料搅和到一起吃吧?”

And...that's how it was made and then they finished the job and everyone was happy.

然后……这道菜就诞生了,他们干完了活,每个人都很开心。

And it's been popular ever since, that was around 1920's.

自那以后这道菜就很受欢迎,那大概是20世纪20年代的时候。

A lot of Chicken Tikka Masala recipes call for garlic but I can't be bothered right now.

很多咖喱鸡的食谱都需要大蒜,但我现在懒得弄。

Don't really feel like chopping it.

不太想切。

So I'm not gonna put it in.

所以我就不放了。

Alright it's time to make this sauce.

好了,该做酱汁了。

Let's get some butter in there.

我们放点黄油进去。

And we're gonna get the spices in there.

然后把香料加进去。

Just cook that up a bit.

煮一会儿就行了。

Appear to get a can of crushed tomatoes and then some more fresh yogurt.

好像拿了一罐番茄碎,倒进去,再来点新鲜酸奶。

I think a spoon of sugar would be really good.

我觉得来勺糖会不错。

This doesn't have to be a spicy dish, but I'm gonna put in a little bit spice.

这道菜不一定要辣,但我还是要加点料。

Just gonna let that cook for a while.

让它煮一会儿。

All right it's time for tea.

好了到喝茶的时间了。

Let's have a proper brew.

让我们好好泡点茶品品。

Step one is to stroll on over to your bedroom and to get your water bottle.

第一步,晃悠到你的卧室里,把热水袋拿出来。

Take an ice cool cup of bog water, then you just take your water bottle.

准备一杯冰凉的沼泽水,然后拿起你的热水袋。

And water surround it with the heat.

用它的热气给水加热。

It may take a few seconds for it to be completely hot.

可能需要几秒钟才能完全变热。

And you want to take a bag and put it inside there.

然后取一个茶包,放进去。

And then, you want to take a plate and have yourself 20 or 30 biscuits.

然后,拿个盘子,为自己准备二三十块饼干。

You want to get biscuits that are so boring, that going to make the tea taste good.

饼干得是特别寡淡无趣的那种,这样对比之下茶就会变得好喝。

It should be like cardboard.

它的味道就该像纸板一样。

Ah, taste like home where I am right now in England.

啊,家的味道,也就是我现在所在的地方,英格兰。

You take out chicken that's been in the fridge.

拿出放在冰箱里的鸡肉。

Marinating, getting so much more tender than's even possible.

腌制让它变得非常嫩,嫩到几乎不可能的程度。

Just going to spread that out on the pan.

把它们铺在烤盘上。

And we got the ondo on fivehundo.

烤箱调到500。

It's like the highest we ever had it in our whole life, right?

这是我这辈子开过最高的温度了,对吧?

It is like really exciting.

真是令人激动。

So dangerous.

这危险的气息。

So you'd better have one of these, or you'll get a burn on your fingers.

所以你最好准备个这东西,要不你的手会被烫伤。

We are gonna put it right on top.

把烤盘放到最上层。

We're gonna turn the lights so we can see what we are doing.

把灯打开,这样我们就能看到里面是啥样了。

Then we are going to watch...

然后我们就看……

Oh, We can't...

哦,看不到……

Oh, it's too hot, it's too dirty.

哦,太热了,太脏了。

All right, yep, no.

好吧,还是看不见。

Oh there we go I can see it perfectly.

噢,这样我们就可以看得贼清楚了。

It's getting hot in here.

里面越来越热了。

So take out all your chicken.

所以,把鸡肉都拿出来吧。

In the meanwhile the sauce is cooking ever so slowly, just very gently.

同时,酱正在慢慢地、温柔地煮着。

This is a lovely time to take a walk along the public footpath as is my right.

这是去外面小路上散步的绝佳时机,这可是我的权利。

Alright let's make some rice.

好了,我们来做点米饭。

That goes in there.

倒进去。

Then two times the water, one, two.

加两次水,一,二。

Just cook that till it's cooked.

就煮它,煮熟了就行。

Basmati, Basmolti. Let's not fight, there we go.

印度香米,印度香蜜。好了别纠结怎么读了,就这个吧。

Nope, let's try this.

不行,试试这个。

No another.

不行,再换一个。

Close enough.

差不多了。

There you not going anywhere, are you?

现在你跑不了了吧?

Right the chicken is getting black.

鸡肉要烤糊了。

I almost forgot about it.

差点忘了。

Don't look away.

别走神。

Do not check your text messages.

别看手机信息。

Do not forget you've got something on the broil.

别忘了你还烤着东西呢。

Awhh, you cheeky bastard.

啊,你这嬉皮笑脸的混蛋。

Come on!

拜托!

I don't got all day!

我可没有那么多时间!

You didn't take this long when the druids made you, I bet.

我敢说,特鲁伊做这些的时候肯定没花这么长时间。

You had more respect.

你们原来很尊重人的。

I'm getting red bladdered.

我要憋死了。

Oh, Christ Almighty.

哦天哪。

Look at that.

看这个。

There we go.

好了。

Now we're ready.

鸡肉准备好了。

So let's get this chicken.

把这些鸡肉弄进锅里。

And you'll want to cook it for a few more minutes.

你得多煮几分钟。

Want to chop up some coriander.

再切点香菜。

Take some of your beautiful rice.

盛点美美的米饭出来。

Hmm... looks really good.

嗯……看起来真不错。

You'll want to put some of the herbs on top.

在上面放点香菜。

Alright so thats Chicken Tikka Masala.

好了,咖喱鸡就做好了。

Keep in mind because it's a national dish of Britain.

要记得哦,因为这是英国的国菜。

You're legally obligated to give the first bite to the Queen.

法律要求你把第一口献给女王。

Here you go.

请。

I'm not allowed to say anything to her unless she speaks to you first.

记得在她跟你说话之前,你是不能说话的。

And, it's just a common courtesy to give a bite to Prince Phillip, the forgotten one.

并且,基本礼仪,要给菲利普王子吃一口,被遗忘的这位。

Here you go.

请。

Help yourself.

自己吃。

Take your time.

不着急。

Alright.

好了。

And you don't want to forget about Harry.

另外,别忘了哈里王子。

He's got a pretty big appetite.

他胃口很好的。

Shock, the same colour.

惊了,一样的颜色。

All right. It's basically it.

好了,基本就是这样了。

You can do it, we all can do it.

你可以的,我们都可以的。

Together, one country, one dish.

一起,同一个国家,同一道菜。

Let's keep in mind all these spices come from the Scottish spice mines, all of our friends from the north.

请记住,所有香料均由我们北方的朋友苏格兰提供。

Same people, one people, one God, several beliefs, hold together.

一样的人们,一个民族,一个上帝,几种信仰,在一起。

I'm not good at slogans.

我不是很会编口号。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
original [ə'ridʒənl]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的

联想记忆
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
tender ['tendə]

想一想再看

adj. 温柔的,嫩的,脆弱的 ,亲切的,敏感的,未成熟

联想记忆
grating ['greitiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 格子 adj. 磨擦的 动词grate的现在分词

 
carve [kɑ:v]

想一想再看

v. 雕刻,切割

 
bastard ['bæstəd]

想一想再看

adj. 私生的,错误的,混蛋的 n. 私生子,混蛋

联想记忆
spoon [spu:n]

想一想再看

n. 匙,调羹,匙状物
vt. 以匙舀起

 
skimp [skimp]

想一想再看

v. 少给,吝啬地给,克扣,敷衍 adj. 少的,不足的

联想记忆
handle ['hændl]

想一想再看

n. 柄,把手
v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。