手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

教你在火星种植蔬菜

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Wow, this is so cool.

哇,这太酷了。

What are you looking at, Sam?

你在看什么,萨姆?

Take a look!These are pictures from Perseverance, the Mars rover.

看!这些是来自“毅力”号火星探测器的照片。

This is what the surface of Mars looks like.

这是火星表面的样子。

I wonder what it would be like to visit and see it myself.

我想知道如果我亲自去参观它会是什么感觉。

I’d have the coolest spacesuit, and I could see Martian rocks, and eat Martian snacks.

我会穿上最酷的宇航服,可以看到火星岩石,吃火星零食。

That sounds like a really fun adventure!

听起来真是一次有趣的冒险!

You’d need to bring your own snacks though, there’s no food on Mars.

不过你得自己带零食,火星上没有食物。

Couldn’t we just grow some food at a Mars farm?

我们就不能在火星农场种些食物吗?

Then we’d have plenty of snacks.

然后我们会有很多零食。

Maybe someday!

也许有一天!

Some scientists are already thinking about how we could do just that.

一些科学家已经在思考我们如何才能做到这一点。

But growing plants for food on Mars has some big challenges that we’ll need to think through.

但在火星上种植植物作为食物有一些巨大的挑战,我们需要考虑清楚。

Let’s think about what plants need to grow.

让我们想想植物需要什么才能生长。

Can you think of anything, Sam?

你能想到什么吗,萨姆?

Hm, I know that plants need light.

嗯,我知道植物需要光。

Yes!

是的!

From the pictures that Perseverance sent, it looks like there are some sunny days on Mars.

从“毅力”号发送的照片来看,火星上似乎有一些晴朗的日子。

However, the sunlight that reaches Mars is so powerful, it could actually be dangerous to living plants.

然而,到达火星的阳光是如此强大,它实际上可能对活着的植物是危险的。

`W1@YPS6AC$G9EFCLR$B5PP.png

Wait, how does that work?

等等,这是怎么回事?

How can sunlight be dangerous to plants if they need light to grow?

如果植物需要光照才能生长,阳光怎么会对它们造成危险?

Well, it’s like how sunlight is good for people,

就像阳光对人有好处一样,

but if we are out in the sunlight too long, we can get sunburned.

但是如果我们在阳光下太久,我们会被晒伤。

Plants can also get hurt if they get too much sunlight.

如果阳光照射过多,植物也会受到伤害。

Here on Earth, we have a bit of protection from direct sunlight:

在地球上,我们可以避免阳光直射:

we have a thick atmosphere.

我们有厚厚的大气层。

The atmosphere is a thick layer of air that surrounds the planet, kind of like a blanket of air wrapped around the Earth.

大气层是围绕着行星的一层厚厚的空气,有点像包裹着地球的空气毯。

Even though air is clear, there are lots of tiny things, like dust and bits of water, floating around in it.

尽管空气是干净的,但也有很多微小的东西,比如灰尘和水,漂浮在空气中。

Some of those bits can soak up part of the sunlight before the light reaches us here on Earth.

在阳光到达地球之前,其中一些碎片就能吸收一部分阳光。

This protects people and plants from how powerful the sunlight is, even on a bright, sunny day.

这保护了人们和植物不受阳光的影响,即使是在阳光明媚的日子。

But what about on Mars? Doesn’t it have an atmosphere, too?

但是在火星上呢? 难道它没有大气层吗?

It does, but the atmosphere around Mars doesn’t have as much air in it.

是的,但火星周围的大气中没有那么多空气。

Mars’s atmosphere is more like a thin sheet of air, instead of our thick blanket of air.

火星的大气层更像是一层薄薄的空气,而不是我们厚厚的空气层。

5_7(~4J5R10MBN1H]$W5FP1.png

With less air to block the sunlight, the atmosphere can’t protect the surface of the planet from the sun’s full strength.

由于阻挡阳光的空气越来越少,大气层无法保护地球表面免受太阳的全面攻击。

If we wanted to grow plants there, we would need to build something to shade the plants from the harsh sunlight,

如果我们想在那里种植植物,我们需要建造一些东西来遮阳,

but still give them the light they need to grow.

但还是要给它们生长所需的阳光。

Like a giant umbrella, or maybe a special greenhouse that would protect the plants.

比如一把巨大的雨伞,或者一个可以保护植物的特殊温室。

Good idea!

好主意!

Now, what other kinds of things do plants need?

那么,植物还需要什么呢?

I know they definitely need water.

我知道它们肯定需要水。

That’s right!

这是正确的!

Do you see any place where we could get water on Mars?

你可以在火星上找到我们取水的地方吗?

Hmm….it looks really dry on Mars.

嗯… 火星上看起来真的很干燥。

I don’t see any oceans, or lakes, or rivers.

我没有看到任何海洋,湖泊或河流。

That’s right.

这是正确的。

Here on Earth, we have liquid water all over the surface of the planet.

在地球上,液态水遍布地球表面。

There is some water on the surface of Mars, but most of it looks pretty different.

火星表面有一些水,但大部分水看起来都很不一样。

Can you see it?

你能看到吗?

Oh, is that ice?

哦,那是冰吗?

I know about this one! Ice is the same thing as water.

我知道这个! 冰和水是一回事。

It’s just water that has gotten so cold, it freezes into a solid, called ice.

只是水变得足够冷,结冰成固体,叫做冰。

Great observation, ice is solid water.

观察得好,冰是固态的水。

It must be really cold there, if the water is all frozen as ice.

如果水都冻成冰的话,那里一定很冷。

It’s super cold.

非常冷。

On average, the surface of Mars is about negative 60 degrees Celsius, or negative 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

平均而言,火星表面的温度约为负60摄氏度,或负80华氏度。

That’s way colder than the inside of a kitchen freezer!

这比厨房冰箱里面冷多了!

That’s way too cold to grow plants!

那里太冷了,不适合种植植物!

Any liquid water we tried to give them would freeze into ice.

我们给它们的任何液态水都会冻结成冰。

Why is it so cold there?

为什么那里这么冷?

Well, remember how Mars has a different atmosphere than Earth?

还记得火星的大气层和地球的不一样吗?

The atmosphere on Earth protects us from how strong the sun’s light can be,

地球上的大气层保护我们不受太阳光的影响,

but it also helps keep the warmth from what sunlight comes through close to the Earth.

但它也有助于阻止阳光照射到地球附近的热量。

It really is like a thick blanket.

它真的就像一张厚厚的毯子。

It keeps some of the light out, but it keeps warmth in.

它挡住了一些光线,但又保持了热量。

But Mars has a thin atmosphere.

但是火星的大气层很稀薄。

Exactly.

完全正确。

Because Mars’s atmosphere is more like a thin sheet,

因为火星的大气层更像是一张薄纸,

light goes through pretty easily, and it doesn’t keep warmth in as well.

光很容易穿过,也不能保持热量。

So because Mars has a thin atmosphere, it’s really cold there all the time?

因为火星的大气层很稀薄,所以那里一直很冷?

Wow!

哇!

We’d have to find a way to melt the ice into liquid water for the plants.

我们得想办法把冰融化成液态水供植物使用。

If we grow the plants in a greenhouse, we’ll have to heat that greenhouse really well, so the plants and the water don’t freeze.

如果我们在温室里种植植物,我们必须把温室加热得很好,这样植物和水就不会结冰。

This sounds like a really tricky challenge.

这听起来像是一个非常棘手的挑战。

It is tricky.

这是棘手的。

The Earth is really special, and we’ve never grown plants on another planet, so we have to think through every step,

地球真的很特别,我们从来没有在其他星球上种植过植物,所以我们必须仔细考虑每一步,

and make sure that the plants get the light, water, and other things they need.

并确保植物获得所需的光、水和其他东西。

But people are really good at solving puzzles and problems, so maybe someday, we’ll be able to grow food right on Mars!

但是人类真的很擅长解决谜题和问题,所以也许有一天,我们能够在火星上种植食物!

Yeah!

是啊!

We’ll keep trying new ideas until we find an answer!

我们会不断尝试新的想法,直到找到答案!

And in the meantime, I think it’s time for some Earth snacks.

与此同时,我觉得是时候吃些地球小吃了。

That sounds like a great idea.

听起来是个好主意。

What do you think it would be like to grow food on another planet?

你认为在另一个星球上种植粮食会是什么样子?

What sort of structure would you build to help protect plants on Mars?

你会建造什么样的结构来帮助保护火星上的植物?

Remember, if you'd like to keep exploring with me,??Sam, and all our friends, be sure to hit the subscribe button below.

记住,如果你想和我、山姆以及我们所有的朋友一起探索,一定要点击下面的订阅按钮。

We'll see you next time, here at The Fort!

我们下期见,沃斯堡等你!

See ya!

再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
adventure [əd'ventʃə]

想一想再看

n. 冒险,奇遇
vt. 冒险,尝试

联想记忆
harsh [hɑ:ʃ]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,使人不舒服的,刺耳的,严厉的,大约的

 
protection [prə'tekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 保护,防卫

联想记忆
freeze [fri:z]

想一想再看

v. 冻结,冷冻,僵硬,凝固
n. 结冰,冻结

 
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
layer ['leiə]

想一想再看

n. 层
vi. 分层
vt. 将某

联想记忆
protect [prə'tekt]

想一想再看

vt. 保护,投保

联想记忆
negative ['negətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 否定的,负的,消极的
n. 底片,负

联想记忆
greenhouse ['gri:nhaus]

想一想再看

n. 温室,暖房

 
blanket ['blæŋkit]

想一想再看

n. 毛毯,覆盖物,排字版
vt. 用毯子裹,

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。