手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 你的厨艺弱爆了 > 正文

“伸张正义”版三明治

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

The Sandwich of Justice was first discovered by my friend Ryan many years ago.

正义三明治是我的朋友瑞安多年前发现的。

I took his version of the Sandwich of Justice and developed my own because I was vegetarian at the time.

我借鉴了他的正义三明治做法,并改进成了属于我的版本,因为我当时是素食主义者。

I'm no longer vegetarian for ethical reasons but I still make this version of the sandwich because it's so delicious.

出于道德原因,我不再是素食主义者了,但我还在做这个版本的三明治,因为它太好吃了。

But you can feel free to add bacon.

但如果你想加培根的话也可以。

The first thing you want to do is...

你要做的第一件事是……

Put some olive oil in a pan.

往平底锅里加一些橄榄油。

Throw in some onion.

放一些洋葱进去。

Add in some garlic.

加一勺蒜泥。

And then pour in some hash browns.

然后倒一些薯饼。

Add in a little pepper pepper pepper.

加一些胡椒胡椒胡椒。

And add in a pinch of salt.

加一撮盐。

This little salt holder was a gift from my friend Jenny keeps it double fresh.

这个小盐盒是我朋友珍妮送给我的,能让盐保持双倍新鲜。

While this is cooking, you can do all the rest of the prep.

在它煮着的同时,你可以做剩下的准备工作。

What you need is thin wisps of a dill pickle, thicker wisps of sliced tomato.

你需要准备几片薄薄的莳萝酸黄瓜,几片厚厚的番茄片。

You want to throw some cheddar through a shredder.

你还需要挫一些奶酪碎。

Have some avocado on standby.

旁边放牛油果备用。

And as the potatoes are getting close to finished you're going to want to get your eggs ready.

土豆快烤好了,这时候你要把鸡蛋准备一下了。

As I mentioned before, you always want to just be respectful and give your eggs a minute before you actually cook with them.

就像我之前说的,永远对你的鸡蛋保持尊重,在你开始煮鸡蛋之前给它们一点时间。

Hey, Dennis.

嘿,丹尼斯。

Hey, Chief.

嘿,长官。

It's late, why don't you hit the bricks?

挺晚了,你怎么还不走?

I will soon.

快了。

What are you working on?

你在忙什么呢?

Oh, nothing.

哦,没什么。

Oh, for crying out loud, Dennis.

丹尼斯你在搞什么名堂!

It wasn't a homicide.

这又不是什么人命案。

I know I'm close, Chief, it just doesn't make sense!

长官,我觉得我快要侦破这个案件了,这根本就不合逻辑啊!

You don't make sense.

我看你才不合逻辑。

What do you mean?

你什么意思?

It's like, you say, "Look at that car".

比如,你说“看那辆车”。

And I say, "You're a cop."

我说“你就是警察啊”。

Oh.

噢。

It's a joke.

这是个笑话。

Right.

好吧。

Look at the video, Chief.

长官,你看看这个视频。

You ever seen an egg jump like that?

你有见过蛋是这样跳吗?

No.

没见过

You want to know why?

你想知道为什么吗?

No!

不想!

Look right there. There's a human finger.

看那边。那有个人类手指。

Figgles, shut up!

废狗,别叫了!

Human fingers is how 99% of us die these days.

如今99%的蛋死于手指。

So what?

所以呢?

It wasn't John and Douglas in that water, I know it!

水里的不是约翰和道格拉斯,我就知道!

They murdered two innocent eggs and made an escape.

他们杀了两个无辜的蛋,然后逃跑了。

You know what you sound like?

你知道你听起来像什么吗?

A God damn lunatic.

一个该死的疯子。

Dennis, look at me.

丹尼斯,看着我。

I am looking at you.

我正看着你呢。

I know.

我知道。

Is everything... alright?

一切……还好吗?

Are you doing...okay?

你还……好吗?

You know, Chief, ever since Alex died...

队长,你知道的,自从亚历克斯死后……

Oh, shut up!

哦,快闭嘴吧!

You lost a partner, boo-frigging-hoo.

你失去了一个搭档,巴拉巴拉。

I've had 27 partners ended up as omelets.

我有27个搭档都成了煎蛋。

微信图片_20210902163341.png

Shut your facehole and go home.

闭上你的嘴吧,赶紧回家。

There's no case here, Dennis.

这里没有案子可查,丹尼斯。

Maybe you're right.

也许你是对的。

Of course I'm right, that's my job as the chief of police.

我当然是对的,这是我作为警察局长的职责。

I'm always right.

我总是对的。

Did you just burn a pile of evidence?

你刚刚是把一堆证据烧毁了吗?

Yes.

没错。

A fire, right here in your office?

点火,就在你办公室里?

Yes.

是的。

Good man!

不错!

Get a good sleep, we'll see you tomorrow.

好好睡一觉,明天见。

Chief always knows best.

长官总是知道最该干什么。

Figgles, I swear to God.

废狗,我发誓,再叫对你不客气。

Detective Dennis?

探长丹尼斯?

Yes, sir.

是的,先生。

I believe you've been looking for me.

我猜你一直在找我。

I have?

我有吗?

Sorry, I didn't catch your name?

抱歉,我没听清你的名字。

You can call me John.

你可以叫我约翰。

I always like to pepper pepper pepper them up.

我总是喜欢放很多胡椒粉。

This is the period of crucial timing.

到关键的时候了。

I've prepared the avocado.

我已经把牛油果切好了。

The hash browns are almost done.

薯饼也差不多做好了。

The bread you need has got to be wide enough.

你需要准备大点的面包片。

If you go too small, the structural integrity of the sandwich will be compromised.

如果太小了,就会影响到三明治的结构完整性。

Toast goes in.

土司放进去。

While that's happening, we're going to get the eggs started.

烤土司的时候,我们开始处理鸡蛋。

Throw those bad boys in.

把这几个小坏蛋扔进去。

Toast is ready.

面包烤好了。

While the eggs are still cooking(they'll be done soon), Ryan insists the best way to spread mayonnaise is with a spoon so let's do that.

当鸡蛋还在煮的时候(一会儿就好了),瑞安坚持说涂蛋黄酱最好是用勺子,所以我们就用勺子吧。

That's way too much mayo.

蛋黄酱放太多了。

Let's take some off.

刮下来一点。

Next layer is the hash browns.

下一层是薯饼。

Put a nice layer.

好好摆一摆。

Not too thick.

别太厚了。

And scrunch them in to the bread.

把它们按进吐司里。

Get your cheese onto the hash browns.

把芝士铺到薯饼上。

Your perfectly-timed egg comes in and creates a "cheese furnace" and also a layer of glue at the same time but not the kind made from horses.

把你煎得时间刚刚好的鸡蛋放上来,创造了一个“芝士融化炉”,余温让芝士变成一层胶水,但不是用马做的那种。

It's made from chickens.

它是用鸡做的。

Just a touch of ketchup for sweetness and also for traction.

加一点番茄酱来增加甜味和吸引力。

Now we've got our pickles.

现在轮到酸黄瓜了。

My God, do not skip this step.

天呐,千万不要跳过这一步。

If you don't like pickles, get your head checked.

如果你不喜欢酸黄瓜,检查看看是不是你的脑子有问题。

We're going to throw on our tomatoes.

接下来放番茄。

Little bit of mayo on your second piece of toast and then the avocado.

另一片吐司上也抹上蛋黄酱,然后是牛油果。

Look at that creamy deliciousness.

看着黏糊糊的美味小东西。

Try to deny it.

你肯定没法拒绝。

I dare you.

我打赌。

Bam.

砰。

You want to slice it in half diagonally.

沿对角把它切成两半。

Look at this.

看看它。

You don't even need two hands.

你都不需要用两只手拿。

If you wanted to, say, like go driving around and eat at the same time, you can totally do that.

如果你想要,比如,边开车边吃,完全可以做到。

It's also safe.

而且很安全。

Look at that.

你看。

What are we at, almost 90 degrees?

现在这个姿势差不多是直角吧?

Jesus!

天呐!

The fun thing about it is when you give it to someone, you can say "justice is served".

这个东西有趣的地方在于,当你把它拿给别人吃,你可以说“正义得以伸张”。

That's Ryan's line.

这是瑞安的台词。

I built my whole life on the backs of my friends.

我的整个生活都是靠朋友们支撑的。

You know, Dennis, I've been thinking...

丹尼斯,你知道吗,我在想...

Oh my God.

天呐。

No.

不。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
furnace ['fə:nis]

想一想再看

n. 炉子,熔炉,闷热地带,严峻考验

 
detective [di'tektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 侦探的
n. 侦探

联想记忆
crucial ['kru:ʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 关键的,决定性的

联想记忆
evidence ['evidəns]

想一想再看

n. 根据,证据
v. 证实,证明

联想记忆
ethical ['eθikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 道德的,伦理的,民族的

 
traction ['trækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 拖,拽,牵引,牵引力,附着磨擦力

 
pinch [pintʃ]

想一想再看

n. 捏,一撮,少量,困苦,偷窃
vt. 掐,

联想记忆
layer ['leiə]

想一想再看

n. 层
vi. 分层
vt. 将某

联想记忆
spoon [spu:n]

想一想再看

n. 匙,调羹,匙状物
vt. 以匙舀起

 
glue [glu:]

想一想再看

n. 胶,胶水,胶粘物
vt. 粘贴,紧附于

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。