手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

如何利用招聘过程来激发员工的最佳潜能

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

A traditional job interview is basically a one-sided, high pressure interrogation, almost guaranteed to create significant psychological strain.

传统意义上的工作面试可以说是单向的高强度讯问,基本上都会造成很大的心理压力。
Ironically, such stressful procedures can totally obscure a person's true potential causing us to overlook a lot of people who could be great employees.
讽刺的是,这些压力让人无法展示出自己真实的能力与潜力,导致我们错过了许多本可以成为优秀员工的人。
We need a different way to interview and screen candidates.
我们需要一个不同的方式来面试和筛选候选人。
One that will reveal hidden potential and talent.
一种得以发现其潜力和天赋的方式。
Twelve years ago, I founded CY, an outsource call center staffed and managed entirely by underdogs.
十二年前,我成立了CY公司,一个人员配备和管理完全由弱势群体负责的外包呼叫中心。
More than half of our hundreds of employees are severely disabled.
数百名员工中有超过一半都是重度残疾的人。
Others come from other disadvantaged populations or just suffer from anxiety, low self-esteem and lack of confidence.
其他人则来自其它弱势群体,他们或患有焦虑症、自卑、缺乏自信。
The problem I needed to solve when we started out was that traditional interviewing and screening,
首先我们要解决的问题是,传统的面试和筛选,
especially for entry-level positions, are totally biased towards people who function well under intense stress.
特别是对于初级职位,完全偏向于那些能在巨大压力下出色工作的人。
Now, if you're screening for Navy SEALS, I totally get it,
如果你在面试海豹突击队,我完全能够理解,
but the capacity to function under duress is totally irrelevant if the actual job is stocking shelves or folding T-shirts, unless of course it's Black Friday.
但是,如果实际工作是整理货架或折叠T恤,那么在压力下工作的能力就完全无关紧要了,当然,除非是在“黑色星期五”。
Clara is a classic example. We met in CY's early days while she was waiting for her job interview.
克拉拉就是一个典型的例子。当时她在准备面试,我们在CY公司相遇的。
Clara was 25 years old, had cerebral palsy and used a walker.
克拉拉那时25岁,患有脑瘫,需要借助助步器行走。
She seemed quite nervous, but she was likable, intelligent and talkative.
她看起来很紧张,但她讨人喜欢、聪明、健谈。
And yet just a short while later, her interviewer told me that she had totally failed, that she couldn't string two words together.
然而过了一会儿,面试官告诉我,她被淘汰了,因为她不能把两个单词拼在一起。
The screening philosophy of "let's pick our employees by viewing them at their worst,"
这种“考察应聘者最不擅长的东西”的筛选哲学,
not only overlooks disabled people but anyone whose shine is diminished under harsh pressure.
不仅忽略了残疾人,而且忽略了那些因被高压而遮蔽光芒的人。
We developed the reverse screening process to find potential.
因此,我们提出了反向筛选流程,来寻找有潜力的人才。
And as the name implies, we go about things practically the opposite way traditional approaches do.
顾名思义,我们的筛选方式跟传统的筛选机制完全相反。
In a nutshell, if you want to assess a candidate's true potential,
简而言之,如果你想评估候选人真正的潜力,
see how they function at their best, not their worst, which for most of us is when we're calm and relaxed, not stressed and anxious.
看他们最佳状态下的表现,而非糟糕时的表现,对我们大多人而言,这刚好就发生在我们感到平静和放松,而非紧张和焦虑的时候。
So build screening procedures specifically tailored to help candidates feel as emotionally comfortable as possible.
所以,要构建能让候选人感到尽可能舒服的筛选流程。

如何利用招聘过程来激发员工的最佳潜能

Three examples how you can achieve that. Lower anxiety and insecurity.

有三个例子可以说明如何实现这个目的。
Start out by losing the whole interrogation vibe.
首先是从丢弃整个“审讯氛围”开始。
Rather, interviewers should view themselves as hosts, be friendly and welcoming.
而是,面试官应该把自己视为主人,要友善、热情。
Choose an environment that's conducive to putting a candidate at ease, like making your interview room look like a living room.
选择一个有利于使面试人放松的环境,让面试的房间像家里的客厅一样。
People are most confident discussing things about which they are knowledgeable and passionate.
人们讨论自己知识渊博、充满激情的事情时最自信。
So we ask candidates to fill out a short questionnaire about their hobbies,
所以我们会要求候选人填一个关于他们爱好的简短问卷,
and we start out the interview by discussing those so that candidates could bring forth their verbal skills, strengths and personality.
然后我们的面试会从这些信息入手,这样候选人就可以展现他们的语言表达能力、优点和个性。
Assess skills in everyday life situations with which the candidates are familiar.
在候选人熟悉的日常环境中评估技能。
For instance, sales positions require the ability to use persuasion.
例如,销售职位需要的能力是说服力。
So ask the candidate to role play how they would persuade a neighbor to pay an extra maintenance fee for the renovations of their lobby.
所以我们会要求候选人进行角色扮演,看他如何说服邻居支付大厅装修的额外维护费。
Looking for tough, full-throttle negotiations?
想要个艰难的、全力以赴的谈判环境?
Ask the candidate to describe how they would persuade a teenager to not look at their phone during a family dinner.
那就让候选人描述他们如何说服小朋友不要在家庭聚餐时看手机。
Help them move beyond the stuck points to see how they adapt and learn.
帮助他们走出困境,看他们如何适应和学习。
In the reverse screening process, we offer candidates three lifelines. We call it "Who Wants to Be an Employee?"
在反向筛选过程中,我们给候选人三次机会。我们叫它“谁想被雇用?”
If the candidate asks for a hint, the interviewer will model a few correct arguments
如果候选人想要一个提示的话,面试官会示范一些正确的论点,
and ask the candidate to role play the scenario to see how convincingly they absorb and convey those points.
并让应聘者扮演其中的角色,看看他们如何令人信服地吸收并传达这些观点。
Finding people's true potential makes for happier, more diverse, and more successful companies and employees.
发现人们的真正潜力可以让公司和员工更幸福、更多样化、更成功。
Remember Clara? We hired her. She gradually improved until she hit her targets of calls per hour, and then she kept on getting better.
还记得克拉拉吗?我们雇用了她。她的能力不断提高,最终达成了每小时的工作通话目标,后来她变得越来越优秀。
And nowadays Clara gives talks about how many years ago no one, including herself, believed she had any potential at all.
如今,克拉拉经常在演讲中谈起多少年来,没有一个人,包括她自己会认为她有任何潜力。
A job is so much more than a paycheck, especially for marginalized populations.
工作的意义不仅仅在于薪水的多少,尤其对那些被边缘化的人群而言。
By finding and hiring those you might otherwise overlook, you will not only benefit your own company, you will literally transform people's lives.
发现并雇用那些你可能会忽略的人,不仅会给你自己的公司带来利益,而且会改变人们的生活。
The opportunity to win with underdogs is all around you. Make sure to grab it.
让弱者成功的机会无处不在。请牢牢抓住它。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
transform [træns'fɔ:m]

想一想再看

vt. 转换,变形
vi. 改变
n

联想记忆
anxiety [æŋ'zaiəti]

想一想再看

n. 焦虑,担心,渴望

 
environment [in'vaiərənmənt]

想一想再看

n. 环境,外界

 
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 
intelligent [in'telidʒənt]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,智能的

 
interrogation [in.terə'geiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 审问,问号

 
convey [kən'vei]

想一想再看

vt. 传达,表达,运输,转移
vt.

联想记忆
benefit ['benifit]

想一想再看

n. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演
vt.

联想记忆
hint [hint]

想一想再看

n. 暗示
v. 暗示,示意

 
psychological [.saikə'lɔdʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 心理(学)的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。