手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 牛津英语在线课堂 > 正文

如何对两种事物进行比较?(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, I'm Maria. Welcome to Oxford Online English!

大家好,我是玛利亚。欢迎来到牛津在线英语课堂!
In this lesson, you can learn how to compare and contrast things in English.
这节课,我们会教大家如何用英语比较和对比事物。
When you compare two—or more—things, you need to talk about similarities and differences between them.
当你比较两个或更多的事物时,你需要谈论事物之间的相似点和不同点。
This is a very global skill; it could be useful in spoken English, or in writing.
这是一项全球性的技能;可以在英语口语或写作中发挥作用。
In this lesson, you'll learn different language you can use to talk about how similar or different two things are.
在这节课中,你将会学到使用不同的语言来谈论两件事的相似点或不同点。
We'll cover many different topics, to show you different ways to use your new language.
我们将涵盖许多不同的主题,向您展示使用新语言的不同方法。
Let's start by seeing how you can talk about big differences.
首先从如何谈论大的不同开始。
Our topic for this section is travel.
我们这一节的主题是旅行。
So, you went to Vietnam and Laos, right? What did you think?
你去过越南和老挝,对吧?你觉得怎么样?
They were both great, but totally different. It's hard to compare them.
两个国家都很棒,但是又完全不同。很难比较。

njzxkt1.jpg

It's strange, really, because they're so close geographically, but in other ways they're almost nothing alike.

这真的很奇怪,因为他们在地理上如此接近,但在其他方面他们几乎没有任何相似之处。
What was the biggest difference? I'd say the pace of life.
最大的区别是什么?我说的是生活节奏方面。
In Vietnam everything moves so much faster. Laos is way more relaxed.
越南的一切节奏都很快。老挝相对缓慢一些。
Which did you like better? It's hard to say.
你更喜欢那一个国家?很难说。
I liked them both, but for different reasons.
我两个都喜欢,但原因各不相同。
In this short dialogue, you saw five phrases you can use to talk about two things which are very different.
在这段简短的对话中,可以看到有五组短语,可以用来谈论两件差别很大的事物。
Do you remember what they were? If two things are very different, you can say: They're totally different.
你还记得都是什么吗?如果两件事差异很大,你可以说:他们完全不同。
It's hard to compare them. They're almost nothing alike.
很难来比较他们。他们几乎没有相似之处。
These are fixed phrases, but you can adapt them to express different ideas.
这些都是固定短语,但是你可以加以调整来表达不同的想法。
For example: They're so different. It's impossible to compare them. They're nothing alike.
比如说:他们是不同的。无法进行比较。他们毫无共同点。
You can also use a comparative adjective or adverb.
你也可以使用形容词或副词的比较级。
For example, in the dialogue, you heard: Everything moves so much faster.
例如,在对话中,你会听到:一切都发展得很快。
Laos is way more relaxed.
老挝相对缓慢一些。
Before a comparative, you can add an intensifier like much, so much, or way to show that you're talking about a big difference.
在比较级之前,可以加一个加强语气的词,比如“much, so much”,或者表示你谈论的区别很大。
Using way is more conversational.
使用"way"更具有会话性。
You can use these in many different situations; for example: Lisbon is much cheaper than most European cities.
你可以在很多不同的情况下使用这些短语;里斯本比大多数欧洲城市的生活成本低得多。
The museum was so much more interesting than I expected.
博物馆比我想象的有趣多了。
Shanghai is way bigger than anywhere I've been before.
上海比我以前去过的任何城市都大。
There's a common mistake which English learners often make here with much and more.
"much"和" more"是英语学习者经常犯的常见错误。
If you need more, it's part of the comparative, like more interesting.
如果需要"more",这是比较的一部分,比如说“更有趣”。
If you add much, it adds emphasis and shows that you're talking about a large difference.
如果你用"much",这个单词会增加强调,表明你在谈论一个很大的区别。
Don't say things like: Tokyo is much expensive than other Asian cities.
不要做这样的表述:东京比其他亚洲城市生活成本要贵很多。
The food in Mexico was much more cheaper than in the States.
墨西哥的食物比美国的便宜多了。
Can you correct these sentences? Tokyo is much more expensive than other Asian cities.
你能纠正这些句子的错误吗?在东京的生活成本比其他亚洲城市贵得多。
The food in Mexico was much cheaper than in the States.
墨西哥的食物比美国的便宜多了。
These are common mistakes, so be careful! Now, let's see how you can talk about things which are very similar.
这些都是常见的错误,所以要谨慎!现在,我们来看看如何谈论非常相似的事情。
In this section, we're going to talk about describing people.
在这一部分,我们将讨论如何描述人。
Have you met his brother? Yeah! They're so alike; I could hardly tell them apart! I kept mixing up their names.
你见过他的弟弟吗?见过!他们长得太像了,我几乎分不清他们二人!我老是混淆他们的名字。
I know! It's weird, right? They could be twins.
我知道!很奇怪,对吧?他们可能是双胞胎。
It's funny because they look so similar, and they seem to have the same personality, too.
很有趣,因为他们看起来很像,而且他们的性格似乎也很相似。
Equally chatty, equally funny… His brother is just as sarcastic as he is, too. Yeah, true.
一样健谈,都很有趣……他哥哥也和他一样爱挖苦人。没错。
Again, you heard five phrases to describe people who are very similar.
同样,你听到了五个短语,用来描述非常相似的人。
Do you remember them? If you want to find them yourself, you can go back and listen to the dialogue again.
你都记住了吗?如果你想自己加深印象,可以回去再听一遍对话。
Try to write them down.
试着把短语写下来。
If two people are very similar, you could say: They're so alike.
如果两个人长得很像,你可以说:他们长得太像了。
I can hardly tell them apart. They look so similar. They're equally chatty.
我差点分辨不出来。他们长得十分相似。他们都很健谈。
He's just as sarcastic as his brother.
他和他哥哥一样爱挖苦人。
Of course, you can adapt these phrases; for example: The way they talk is so similar.
当然,你可以使用这些短语;例如,他们说话的方式十分相似。
They're equally funny. She's just as impatient as her mother.
他们都很搞笑。她和她母亲一样没有耐心。
Here's a task for you: can you think of two people you know who are very similar?
交给大家一个任务:你能回忆出两个你认识的且非常相似的人吗?
Write down three sentences to describe them, using the language you just saw.
用你刚才看到的短语写三个句子进行描述。
Pause the video and do it now!
暂停一下视频先写下来吧!
You've seen how to use this language to talk about people, but you can use the same phrases to talk about many different things;
你已经知道如何来谈论人,此外你可以用同样的短语来谈论许多不同的事情;
for example: I can hardly tell these two wines apart.
比如,我差点分不清这两种酒。
I hated both cities; they're equally terrible. Playing golf is just as boring as watching it.
我讨厌这两座城市;他们同样可怕。打高尔夫球和看高尔夫球一样无聊。
Next, you're going to see how to talk about small differences.
接下来,我们来说说如何谈论小的差异。
Our topic for the next section? Sports! Good game, right? Yeah, it was.
我们下一节的主题是什么?运动!精彩的对决,是吗?是的,没错。
They played a bit better than last week, I thought.
我想,他们比上周表现得好一点。
Yup. They were just a little sharper in those key moments.
是的。他们只是在关键时刻更敏捷了一点。
I thought the keeper did slightly better, too.
我认为守门员表现得也稍微好一点。
He wasn't quite as hesitant as he was last week, and you could see the defence looked more solid.
他不像上周那样犹豫不决了,可以看到他的防守看起来更稳固了
They looked good going forward, too.
他们在进攻方面看起来也很出色。
They were just a touch faster moving the ball around. True. They weren't doing that last week.
他们只是稍微加快了运球的速度。是的。他们上周没有这样做。
Again, you heard five phrases to talk about small differences.
同样,你听到了五个短语来谈论小的差异。
Can you remember them? Again, you can review the dialogue and write them down if you want to find them yourself.
你还记得都是这么吗?还是那句话,如果想自己找到的话,你可以复习对话并把它们写下来。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
emphasis ['emfəsis]

想一想再看

n. 强调,重点

 
global ['gləubəl]

想一想再看

adj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的

联想记忆
describe [dis'kraib]

想一想再看

vt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成

联想记忆
adapt [ə'dæpt]

想一想再看

vt. 使适应,改编
vi. 适应,适合

联想记忆
boring ['bɔ:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人厌烦的

 
slightly ['slaitli]

想一想再看

adv. 些微地,苗条地

 
sarcastic [sɑ:'kæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 讽刺的

 
impatient [im'peiʃənt]

想一想再看

adj. 不耐烦的,急躁的

联想记忆
contrast ['kɔntræst,kən'træst]

想一想再看

n. 差别,对比,对照物
v. 对比,成对照<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。