手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

5秒钟就给手机充满电的黑科技了解一下?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Oh man, my phone's dead.

啊,手机没电了。
Now it's full.
现在又已经充满了。
Hey, Trace here for Dnews.
大家好,我是Trace,欢迎大家收看Dnews视频。
I have to say if this technology pans out, we are in for some amazing advancements.
不得不说,如果能够实现这项技术,我们就能取得惊人的成就。
Graphene is a one-atom-thick carbon-based flexible capacitive material.
石墨烯是一种厚度跟一个原子差不多的碳基柔性电容材料。
It's biodegradable, it's cheap to make and it is the strongest material on the planet.
它不仅可生物降解,制造成本低廉,也是这个世界上最坚固的材料。
Scientists have been working on graphene since the 1840s.
自19世纪40年代以来,科学家一直在研究石墨烯。
And after 160 years of research, they finally made some in like 2004, using scotch tape.
经过160年的研究,他们终于在2004年左右用透明胶带研制出了这种材料。
Graphene is made from graphite.
石墨烯由石墨制成。
It's the same thing that you would find in a number-two pencil.
我们用的2B铅笔里的笔芯就是石墨。
And while cleaning a graphite rock with some tape, these researchers discovered, they'd accidentally made graphene!
而且,这些研究人员是在用一些胶带清洁石墨岩的时候偶然制成了石墨烯的!
Their discovery caused Andre Gaim and Konstantin Novoselov to be awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics in 2010.
他们的这一发现也让安德烈·盖姆和康斯坦丁·诺沃肖洛夫荣获了2010年的诺贝尔物理学奖。
Now that we know how to make it, scientists are working on what we can do with it.
既然我们已经知道如何制作石墨烯了,科学家便研究起了它的用途。
As we all know batteries suck, they just, they just suck.
我们都知道,电池弱爆了,它们就是,就是垃圾。
If there's a bottleneck with current technology, it's definitely batteries and it's how crappy they are.
如果当下的技术有什么瓶颈的话,那绝对是电池,绝对是垃圾的电池。
They run out of juice, they die, they overheat, they take forever to charge, and they are environmentally disastrous to be honest.
要不是用完了就是坏了,或者发热太严重,或者永远都充不满,而且,老实说,它们简直就是环境的灾难。
What if we replaced batteries with graphene super capacitors, huh huh?
那……我们要是用石墨烯超级电容器来取代电池会怎么样呢,呢呢呢?
A super capacitor is different from a battery.
超级电容器与电池不同。
A battery uses a chemical reaction to produce a stream of electrons.
电池是依靠化学反应产生电子流。
2

It's a lot of work for not a lot of pay off.

不仅费事,还划不来。
Capacitor, on the other hand, cuts out that chemical middleman completely, and simply hold on to the electrons until you need them.
电容器就不一样了,电容器可以完全省掉中间的化学反应环节,直接吸住电子,直到你需要充电的时候。
And a super capacitor does that even more so.
超级电容器在这方面就更厉害了。
After only a few seconds of charging, esearchers at UCLA were able to use graphene to sustain a light bulb for minutes! .
加州大学洛杉矶分校的研究人员就用石墨烯充了几秒钟电,灯泡就持续亮了好几分钟!
Captain, minutes!
老大们,是好几分钟啊!
They also found a cheap and quick way to manufacture graphene, using an ordinary DVD burner and liquid carbon.
他们还发现了一种廉价而快速制作方法,那就是使用普通DVD刻录机和液态碳制造石墨烯。
So how is this gonna change your life? In every way possible.
那么,这一技术能给大家的生活带来怎样的影响呢?那可以说是方方面面。
If scientists and industries can get this technology to market,
如果科学家和工业可以将这种技术推向市场,
you could see a complete change in the idea of electricity storage.
大家就会看到,电力储存理念将彻底改变。
Cell phone batteries wouldn't only increase in capacity, I mean that's nothin'.
手机电池不会只发生容量变化,容量算不得什么了不起的。
They would also charge in seconds.
它们还能瞬间充满电。
Instead of going to a gas station, you could pull your electric car into a power station and charge the whole thing in minutes.
这样一来,与其去加油站,你只需要将你的电动汽车停在电站,分分钟就能给你的车子充满电。
And your tablet computer, don't even get me started, not only would it charge easily and quickly, and have a great capacity,
平板电脑?那就更厉害了。有了石墨烯,我们的平板电脑不仅可以轻松快速地充电,而且容量也会很大,
but as a bonus, graphene is translucent and flexible,
而且,石墨烯是半透明的,又十分柔软,
so you could roll that baby up and stick it right in your back pocket.
所以你完全可以把它折叠起来直接揣到裤兜里。
Another amazing thing is the graphene is just carbon essentially, the same thing is charcoal.
另外一个很神奇的事情就是石墨烯本质上就是碳,同木炭并无区别。
So when you're done with it, you throw it into the compost pile,
所以,用完以后,你可以直接把它扔进堆肥堆里,
you don't even have to throw in a trash, just take it to your garden and put it in with your plants.
你甚至都不需要扔到垃圾桶里,直接把它和你的其他植物一起往花园里面那么一埋就完事儿了。
My whole life we've heard about solar energy and how great it is,
我长这么大,我们总是听到太阳能的传闻,说它有多好,
the only problem is we can't store all of the energy the Sun sends us in a day.
只是,问题是,我们无法将太阳一天传送到我们地球的能量全部储存起来。
With graphene, we could print solar panels that store the electrons right there and literally save them for a rainy day.
不过,有了石墨烯,我们就可以打印太阳能电池板,将电子存储起来,以备雨天使用。
Seriously, I cannot wait to see where this goes.
说真的,我已经迫不及待地想知道结果了。
Can you tell I'm excited?
大家看出来我很兴奋了吗?
I also can't wait to see what people do with it,
我也迫不及待想看看大家会用它来做什么,
so why don't you tell me if you had a super capacitor, what would you make?
所以,你们何不直接告诉我们呢,告诉我们如果你有一个超级电容器,你会拿来做什么?
Share it with us in the comments and don't say a freeze ray Dr. Horrible's has already got that taken care of.
请在评论中给我们留言,不要担心冷冻射线,因为这个问题恐怖博士已经在处理了。
And thanks for watching dnews, I hope you are looking forward to the future as much as I am.
感谢大家观看本期节目,希望大家和我一样对未来充满希望。
So, come on, let's get on our way. see you next time.
所以,来吧,我们一起上路吧。我们下期节目再见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
manufacture [.mænju'fæktʃə]

想一想再看

n. (复)产品,制造,制造业
v. 制造,捏

联想记忆
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
stream [stri:m]

想一想再看

n. (人,车,气)流,水流,组
v. 流动,

 
bonus ['bəunəs]

想一想再看

n. 奖金,红利

联想记忆
bulb [bʌlb]

想一想再看

n. 电灯泡,球状物

 
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 
scotch [skɔtʃ]

想一想再看

n. 伤口,刻痕 v. 粉碎,消灭,阻止 v. 弄伤,刻

联想记忆
freeze [fri:z]

想一想再看

v. 冻结,冷冻,僵硬,凝固
n. 结冰,冻结

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。