- aI just got a call from Mrs. Fitzgerald. See what your Willie has just done.
我刚接到菲茨格尔德太太的电话。看看你的威利刚刚做了些什么。
- bMy Willie? Why has he suddenly become my Willie?
我的威利?怎么又突然变成了我的威利?
- aBecause he takes after you, he's got into trouble again.
因为他像你,他又有麻烦了。
- bWhat did he do this time? I remember last time he was painting her fence to repay her for breaking it, and he accidentally painted her cat.
这次他干了什么?我记得上次他破坏了她的栅栏,在给她的栅栏上油漆时,却也附带地给她的小猫涂了颜色。
- aThat was last time. This time it's worse.
那是上一次。这次更糟。
- bOk, tell me.
好吧,告诉我什么事。
- aWell, he was playing baseball with some friends…
唔,他正在和几个朋友打棒球……
- bAnd the ball went through her window? That's not as bad as last time.
球飞进了她的窗户?那没有上次糟糕。
- aTrue, but that's not all. The ball went through the window and hit the vase she has in her front window……
对,但还没完。球飞进窗户,打在她前窗的花瓶上……
- bOk, that's probably expensive, but not that bad.
还好,那个花瓶可能很贵,但那没那么糟糕。
- aAnd then, ricocheted off her fish bowl. Mrs. Fitzgerald at the last minute dived and saved her fish.
然后球跳飞过她的鱼缸。最后关头菲茨格尔德太太跳下了水,救起了她的鱼。
- bAt least the fish were saved. If that's the end of the damages, then everything isn't that bad.
至少鱼得救了。如果最后的损失就是这样的话,那么一切都不是太糟糕。
- aStop interrupting me. Finally, the ball flew through the air and knocked out Willie's school principal, who was having a cup of coffee with Mrs. Fitzgerald.
不要打断我。最后,球飞到空中,把正和菲茨格尔德太太一起喝咖啡的威利学校的校长打晕了。
- bHmm, that is bad.
嗯,那糟了。