- aCan I help you, sir?
先生,需要服务吗?
- bYes, I've been sitting here for a few minutes.I'm waiting for someone to put gas in my car.
我在这里等一阵子了。我在这里等人帮我加油。
- aI'm sorry, sir. But this is the self-service pump.
先生,抱歉,这里是自助加油站。
- bSelf-service?
自助?
- aYes. You must fill up the car yourself.
是的,你必须自己加油。
- bAre you serious?
真的吗?
- aYes. Are you traveling here?
是的,你是来旅游的吗?
- bYes, I'm from Taiwan. I never heard of a gas station where you fill up your own car.
是的,我从台湾来,我从未听说过需要自己加油的加油站。
- aIn America, most gas stations are like this.
美国大部份的加油站都是自助的。
- bDo I really have to do it? I don't know how.
我真的必须自己来吗?我不知道怎么弄。
- aWell, since this is your first time, I will do it for you.But next time, if you want a full-service gas station, you should look at the sign.
既然你没弄过,那我先帮你好了。下一次如果你想到服务加油站,应该注意一下招牌。
- bWhat sign?
什么招牌?
- aUnder the sign for the gas station,there will be a smaller sign that says Self-Serve or Full-Service.And some gas stations have both.But if they have both, some pumps will be self-serve and some will be full-serve.You have to look at the signs.
在加油站招牌底下,有一个小标示写着自助加油站或服务加油站。有些加油站两种都有。如果是两种都有的,自助式和服务式的加油管道会分开。你要看标示。
- bI see.
我懂了。